Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 26, 2017 3:50 PM
Oct 2013
Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but they are all filled with bullshit for 5/6 than at the last ten minutes, someone gets to digivolve and we get some fanservice.

The animation seems to keep getting worse from Movie to Movie and the teenage cringe is consistant, this one specifically managed to take a shit on the fanbase by turning Genai for no reason into a rapist.

They´re not getting worse since I believe 2 is the second worst, but this one has the most garbage in it. At this point they just feel as a soulless moneygrab preying on peoples nostalgia for the franchise with barely any effort put into it. Don´t get me wrong I loved the first 5 minutes and the last 10, but all the bullshit teenage drama is unneeded and unwanted and it´s obvious that Toei just keeps padding something whose actual story could easily been told in a single good satisfying Movie.
Mar 2, 2017 12:04 PM
Mar 2016
In other words, you just want mindless action show with the kids defeating bad and evil lackey Digimon 85% of the show and mega evolution unlocked out of nowhere rather than the characters growing up and deal with their internal problems to unlock the said evolution.

Then, you should watch Xros Wars, not Adventure. Even in the original, Adventure cast matured over the time and grow up. The main cast are teenagers, so they behave like teenagers.
Mar 2, 2017 12:07 PM

Dec 2015
You should never expect anything good from today's Toei, they were really good once but now they suck balls.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 3, 2017 12:10 AM

Aug 2013
I think they're having a problem juggling so many character. They want to give every one something to do. It feels like we're going in circles instead of moving forward. I don't think Meiko/Mei are needed either. It just adds to the problem.
Mar 11, 2017 9:39 PM
Jun 2016
Isterio said:
Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but they are all filled with bullshit for 5/6 than at the last ten minutes, someone gets to digivolve and we get some fanservice.

The animation seems to keep getting worse from Movie to Movie and the teenage cringe is consistant, this one specifically managed to take a shit on the fanbase by turning Genai for no reason into a rapist.

They´re not getting worse since I believe 2 is the second worst, but this one has the most garbage in it. At this point they just feel as a soulless moneygrab preying on peoples nostalgia for the franchise with barely any effort put into it. Don´t get me wrong I loved the first 5 minutes and the last 10, but all the bullshit teenage drama is unneeded and unwanted and it´s obvious that Toei just keeps padding something whose actual story could easily been told in a single good satisfying Movie.

You know that the series is not done yet right??
Mar 12, 2017 3:53 AM
Oct 2013
88expert said:

You do have seen the original Digimon Movies?

I can watch our war game today and still get the chills. Not just because of Nostalgia but because it´s good fucking Movie and there is a good reason it´s director did the same Movie with Summer wars everyone is losing their shit over.
Mar 19, 2017 2:39 PM
May 2014
Isterio said:
88expert said:

I can watch our war game today and still get the chills. Not just because of Nostalgia but because it´s good fucking Movie and there is a good reason it´s director did the same Movie with Summer wars everyone is losing their shit over.

And you saw the original Digimon, right? Because the teenage cringe and "filler" is like spot-on from the original, they always cycled through the various character motivations and inner conflicts with some issues being "weaker" than others in terms of stakes.

War Game was very different and that's what made it interesting. That said, Tri follows the spirit of the original series more, which means the original's weaknesses also come through. It's lazy af to just blame it on "corporate greed" rather than this being what was expected from a series sequel.
Mar 19, 2017 3:27 PM
Oct 2013
jpenobagel said:
Isterio said:

And you saw the original Digimon, right? Because the teenage cringe and "filler" is like spot-on from the original, they always cycled through the various character motivations and inner conflicts with some issues being "weaker" than others in terms of stakes.

War Game was very different and that's what made it interesting. That said, Tri follows the spirit of the original series more, which means the original's weaknesses also come through. It's lazy af to just blame it on "corporate greed" rather than this being what was expected from a series sequel.

Movie ≠ TV series. A Movie has a runtime of 1.20. An episode one of 22 minutes.

Total runtime of 54x22min episodes =19.8 hours of content over the span of a year "FOR FREE" compared too 6x120 minutes per episode Movies =7.2 hours. Over 2-3 years that audiences have to pay for average 8-12$ per Movie to see.

No it´s bullshit and you have no argument to refute that.
IsterioMar 21, 2017 12:08 PM
Apr 7, 2017 8:26 AM

Apr 2013
joe_g7 said:
You should never expect anything good from today's Toei, they were really good once but now they suck balls.

Not really though.... it's the opposite, the studio as a whole imo has been improving since maybe the first season of Konosuba
Apr 7, 2017 8:32 AM

Dec 2015
TriZen said:
joe_g7 said:

Not really though.... it's the opposite, the studio as a whole imo has been improving since maybe the first season of Konosuba
What does KonoSuba have to do with Toei??
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 10, 2017 8:55 PM
Dec 2015
Isterio said:

It would be nice if they just use the original animations and enhance it like the upcoming Pokemon reboot and the recent Yugioh movie. I felt like there's way too much real life teenager problems instead of an adventure. I think fans of the original are adults, but still want to escape the real world stress by watching it. However, the movie is too real and the mystery drags on too long. I even forgot about when the next movie is coming out. Maybe they should of air or sell this as a full 24 episodes on bluray.
Apr 20, 2017 2:11 AM
Nov 2013
Dunno why people are complaining? To me it's the exact same as the original, which I grew up to love. I have no complaints about any of the movies. I love the slice of life aspects, I love the character building and the fact we get to know their older selves now too. It still very much feels like an adventure to me, just a different kind of adventure.

I feel like people just want more of the same. Another travel through the Digimon World encountering all kinds of digimon, etc. I personally don't per sé. If you want that, you have pokémon.

To me, what sets digimon apart from Pokémon is that it's a bit more mature, a better story and just stronger representation. And everyone actually matures lol.

I dunno, maybe it's nostalgia, but I love it. I'm glad it's not 100% action and that it's very much like the older adventures. :)
Aug 9, 2017 1:04 AM

Mar 2010
Oh you peopleeee , at least there's a producer/studio bring out our childhood back : digimon , right? we should be grateful for the animation :)

I'm really happy when new animation for the good ol digimon was announced....surely we all , fellow digimon fans can tolerate it right :)

I'm sure most of people that watch these movies of tri are those people that love Digimon Adventure 1 and 2 (like I do) . I never care for Digimon 4 and after that , its all boringly childish
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure tri. 4: Soushitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

140 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 28, 2023 8:24 AM

» I can´t be the only one who is sick of the new characters

Isterio - Feb 26, 2017

20 by RedSwordHeart »»
Aug 7, 2017 12:07 PM

» So these movies were out of nostalgia right ?

lord23 - May 31, 2017

0 by lord23 »»
May 31, 2017 7:13 AM

» Digimon Adventure tri. 5 key visual

Baka_Debakar - Feb 24, 2017

7 by JuJu93 »»
Apr 21, 2017 8:11 AM

» List of open things for the next movies.

Tsuguni - Feb 26, 2017

2 by Tsuguni »»
Feb 27, 2017 5:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.