Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 12, 2017 9:41 PM

Jun 2015
The connection to Berseria was nice. Rose became a squire for Sorey and her first mission is purifying a dead dragon. It was tough for her, but she did it. Now everyone is going to Ladylake to help Alisha.
Feb 12, 2017 10:04 PM

Feb 2012
Well shit I just spoiled Berseria for myself lol. I still haven't started the game oh well it actually got me even more excited to play it. I really liked this episode it was much better than the previous ones. FINALLY Rose becomes his squire I'm really excited to see her Armatize. I'm interested to see if they change what happens with
compared to the game.
Feb 13, 2017 1:00 AM

Jul 2014
I have strong feelings they won't stop here with the Berseria spoilers they are going anime original at this point it seems some of you guys may want to play the game before watching the anime , although most people already got spoiled

Feb 13, 2017 5:00 AM

May 2016
At last they will go to Ladylake how many days have I've been waiting?? Anyway, it's great that Rose can see seraphims and malevolence.
Feb 13, 2017 7:03 AM

Jul 2016
Spoilers are spoilers, but they really are like mid-game spoilers. The bigger ones will likely not be revealed... soon.

I mean, it wasn't even a big "spoiler" that Velvet was the first Lord of Calamity if you paid attention to the Berseria episodes --- from the "Dawn of Chaos" (episode name) to Seres's way of describing Velvet at the end of the first episode.

Feb 13, 2017 8:48 AM

Nov 2012
Ending spoilers? lolwut? where?
Spoilers? Yes, but somewhat far from the ending plot and how the ending would be, this is part of the jorney but not the goal.
And as sad it can sound, UFOtable (w/wo BN) made the anime for and specific audience (or country) and that's not ours or this side of the world, and the game has almost 6 months in Japan, so... kind of plenty of time to clear it.

Great to see Magilou and to listen "Velvet Crowe" from Sorey's mouth.

Kind of dumb question, I did the japanese version of ToZ, later I plan to play the west version with the -thank the God the put in it- japanese voices, not that I trust the translation xD
Can we call purification of a *dead* dragon? because the purification was not for the dragon itself? or am I wrong?
If Eizen can be saved, well, that would be nice.
Another thing is the flame Sorey uses, basically is the same of ****'s (better like this).
Many different things. But this episode at least made me think, plus since this season:
- 6 more episodes, I dont think will be enough, well, depends of the changes.
- Mmm is very possible we get an original ending, maybe with the two titles, or...
- (Almost imposible) After I finished Berseria made me want a third game! Time will tell.

Aaaaaaanyway, great episode... I would really love to have them use battle themes in combat scenes...
MarthsFeb 16, 2017 6:00 AM
Feb 13, 2017 9:17 AM
Oct 2013
I hope this anime will have a different ending compared to the game.. I dont like the game's ending.
Feb 13, 2017 10:30 AM
Oct 2007
The purification process was cool but just an alright episode this week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2017 10:31 AM
Apr 2012
I don't know why a lot of you are mad about the spoilers for Berseria. You should have known that if they were going to connect the stories together that they had to spoil a good bit of the game. Should have been smart on your end to play the game first and finish the anime later or just don't complain.
Feb 13, 2017 2:10 PM

Jan 2008
Oh neat, some Berseria references, I'm not done with the game but it wasn't anything major if you added the obvious together. And finally Rose becomes a squire. Hopefully we get to see her armatize soon.
Feb 13, 2017 6:17 PM

May 2010
If anything the connection to Berseria you guys called "spoilers" (lmao) would be a big promotion to people who only watches the anime (like me).
Only fanboys would get angry.
Feb 15, 2017 9:48 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Pretty good episode this week. This week's episode focused mainly on the main plot with the side focus being Rose. The emperor of Roland seemed to be a pretty wise man that cares about the people and his country as well. It was surprising that the royal family actually knows about the existence of Malevolence though. Mayvin though also seems to be a more interesting person than we all thought.

And now that Sorey knows that Alisha and Hyland is under threat he will try to help her. Its nice to see that Sorey however worries about the bigger picture first though. It was actually surprising that Rose decided to become a squire but considering that her beliefs in her job and the good that it does to the people was shattered it's perhaps not that surprising. The revelation of the duties of the squire as well as the consequences of their failure though was interesting and it was nice to see that aspect expanded upon. Logically since they are bounded to the Shepard it would make sense that something will happen to them if they die but i never expected that they too would die as well. It was brave of Alisha to accept this fact and still become one.

The revelation that the cause of the Malevolence in the church was a dead dragon though was surprising and somewhat sad. It looks like that dragon was imprisoned there for some reason by the church which resulted in its death as well. The joint operation by Sorey, Rose and the seraphs was pretty well done though. The last part when Rose complained that they were disregarding way too fast was funny. It looks like Sorey and Co are on their way back to Hyland to save Alisha and save the country from tornadoes next. It will be a nice reunion to see though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2017 2:00 AM

May 2016
Ahh Sorey please forget about Alisha and malovelence in towns. It's time to purify Eizen. It's really sad to see First Mate being dragon after beating the game. Imo Eizen is the best character in those two "Tales of .." If this in not going to happen in this season i will five this 4/10.
Feb 16, 2017 9:01 AM

May 2016
With all those visual connections to Tales of Berseria it makes me think that Namco and Ufotable are trying to make this anime the canon version of Zesteria.

About purifying the dragon. I doubt they would retcon the fact that dragons cannot be purified without providing any explanation when they already introduced the fact in the anime last season. It's most likely that dead dragons are no longer immune to purification, only alive ones are.
HyperLFeb 16, 2017 9:36 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Feb 19, 2017 1:38 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Ya know... I know this might not be the the right time to say this but I just realized it this episode for some reason.
These characters remind me of the +Anima crew and I'm like kinda freaking out here probably from lack of sleep but...!!

Mikleo is just older Husky, Sorey is older Cooro, Rose is... Rose, Edna is sarcastic Nana, and then it's like one day Dezel started as Senri then became the character he is today. Jfc they didn't even try and I ain't even mad because I still like this game/anime. And I'm sure it's all coincidence but wow when you see Husky and Cooro then Mikleo and Sorey for sure it's like... they're fine young men now. ;o; And Rose just kinda changed her style. lol

Anyway, I'm glad Rose officially joined the crew pretty much.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 19, 2017 5:58 AM

Jul 2013
Jakubajk said:
Ahh Sorey please forget about Alisha and malovelence in towns. It's time to purify Eizen. It's really sad to see First Mate being dragon after beating the game. Imo Eizen is the best character in those two "Tales of .." If this in not going to happen in this season i will five this 4/10.
I totally agree. After playing Berseria, I really wish they manage to save Eizen instead of just kill him (even when I don't think it's going to happen).
Feb 23, 2017 6:44 AM

Mar 2013
Nice to see Berseria reference again.
Feb 23, 2017 6:49 PM

Oct 2008
RosE is how officially Sorey's squire!
ost still epic.
4/5.

Feb 24, 2017 6:03 AM

Jan 2016
Soooo Guys Isn't Pendrago Logress from Berseria? You can see that symbol and the throne at the church is the same as the one in Logress.
Feb 24, 2017 10:53 AM

Jul 2016
forexjammer said:
Soooo Guys Isn't Pendrago Logress from Berseria? You can see that symbol and the throne at the church is the same as the one in Logress.

It is the natural conclusion, yes.

Feb 25, 2017 8:43 PM

Jan 2016
FrozenSheep said:
forexjammer said:

It is the natural conclusion, yes.

Oh wow, that is one nice reference. I guess the church did got completed in thousand year.
Feb 27, 2017 8:13 AM

May 2016
Illyricus said:
Jakubajk said:
I totally agree. After playing Berseria, I really wish they manage to save Eizen instead of just kill him (even when I don't think it's going to happen).
Ye dude. They could just make diffrent season or OVA about his "journey" to becoming dragon but knowing "Tales of .." it won't happen ;(
Feb 27, 2017 1:39 PM

Jul 2013
Jakubajk said:
Illyricus said:
Ye dude. They could just make diffrent season or OVA about his "journey" to becoming dragon but knowing "Tales of .." it won't happen ;(
That would be an excellent plot for a new Tales game, imo.
Mar 5, 2017 2:16 AM

Dec 2012
Oh it was nice to explain the connection between Berseria and Zestria. We had a lot of information during this episode.
I'm glad that Rose became his second squire.
The previews are always funny ^.^
Mar 14, 2017 9:10 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Sorey accepts Rose how his new squire!!!
i think how more persons are involucred, more easy to Sorey!!!
Apr 5, 2017 11:00 AM

Apr 2013
I fucking teared up, when i say Magilou and Bienfu in the sunset, artorius and VelVet Crowe. TT^TT

Seriously that game was amazing, and to see them back just for a couple of sec is amazing.
May 21, 2017 7:37 AM

May 2012
That ending sure was pretty impressive! Quite liked the overall development of this episode, let's see what's next.
Jun 13, 2017 3:08 AM

Dec 2012
Glad to see that Berseria has a connection to Zestiria after all. Having not played it, I appreciate the sneak peek episodes from season 1. It gives a fraction of insight into the bigger picture spread between both Tales.
Dec 15, 2017 3:12 AM

Mar 2015
Nice, Rose is now part of Sorey's harem!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 30, 2019 1:48 AM

Feb 2018
Rose decides to become Sorey's bodyguard, oh, the quality of art is extraordinary.
Jul 14, 2021 4:18 AM

May 2018
So it was a dragon inside the cathedral causing the rain. Now that it's been purified the team can now purify Edna's onii-chan?
Apr 11, 2022 4:27 AM

Feb 2020
Nice.. Rose became Sorey's squire. They did a good job with that dragon.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Apr 29, 2017

179 by hihappy »»
Aug 18, 2023 9:59 AM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

93 by LeonhartAugust »»
Aug 16, 2023 5:06 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2017

95 by LeonhartAugust »»
Aug 16, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

93 by Sasutaschi »»
Aug 6, 2023 12:55 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

72 by Dawizz »»
Nov 16, 2022 6:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.