Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 2, 2017 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, Tooru has a tough personality. I think she has a hard time expressing herself to others but I do like that she's a bit different than Tsuneki.

Wasn't expecting her to be so serious when it comes to video games. I guess that shows her competitive side in this story. Pretty fun episode. I like seeing this side of Seiren as it shows Kamita as a more competitive person too.
Feb 2, 2017 10:39 AM

Apr 2010
This girl is interesting tho a bit stoic at times.
She is a good gamer tho and her hobbies seem a bit childish tho i guess this will be a nice arc.
My guess is the guy in her apartment is her brother.
Feb 2, 2017 1:24 PM
Dec 2016
Good character. Maybe even more attractive then Hikari. Hope for better end then previous.
Feb 2, 2017 6:40 PM
Aug 2014
Aversa said:

Mine too. That or he is her boyfriend and he's not into video games.
Feb 2, 2017 8:30 PM
Mar 2016
dm106 said:
Aversa said:

Mine too. That or he is her boyfriend and he's not into video games.
The voice just likes the teacher in summer camp.
Feb 2, 2017 10:11 PM

Jun 2015
I prefer this girl over Hikari since she's a gamer. She also has a serious side when it comes to gaming. I hope this arc ends right.
Feb 2, 2017 11:21 PM

Dec 2014
Good start to this arc.
I loved Hikari but now I love Tooru too. XD I guess I just find it easy to relate to the whole gamer girl/otaku thing. Plus Tooru is absolutely adorable when she blushes. <3

The game scenes in this episode were all pretty amusing, that deer game though. :3
I don't know why but I thought that the whole "You Died" in the Miriusa game was kind of a parody of Dark Souls. XD
Them Gasogaru games though, Tooru was probably pro at some point. :P

I'm guessing the guy at the end was her brother.

If I had to nitpick something then I'm gonna have to say that they kinda changed Shouichi and Ikuo's personality/hobbies a bit by making them more into video games and anime (evidenced by the Karaoke). This change is pretty obvious this episode especially cause Shouichi in particular showed no interest in games in the previous arc and Ikuo was like a super serious guy. However, I don't think you can really call this out as inconsistent because we're technically restarting the entire setting so making him have different hobbies in different arcs seems like a good way to add diversity to their characters.
Feb 2, 2017 11:22 PM
Jul 2013
The guy at the end is the teacher from the camp during the last arc. I am assuming that is Tooru's brother
Feb 2, 2017 11:24 PM

Sep 2015
For anyone who wants to know who that guy was in the end.

Feb 2, 2017 11:31 PM
Jan 2015
Not a bad start, I like the new girl Tooru. Hopefully beta-kun grows a pair this time around.
My Queens

Feb 2, 2017 11:50 PM

Oct 2011
Gamer girl arc yes !!!
Whoa was that the summer camp teacher as her brother?
Feb 2, 2017 11:56 PM

Sep 2013
Did they change personalities from some characters? Like his sister felt a little off from last arc? Main character feels more "otaku" maybe? I honestly don't remember anything about him from last arc, apart from him being aloof or something... (and that Araki san liked arcades and games more?). Probably just a misunderstanding from me, but okay lol.

Anyway, new girl feels a lot better than the last one, and, more importantly, more suited for the "schrimp" that main character is. I didn't feel her "passion" for anime/games was too genuine first, but in the end it was sweet, I guess.

Too bad that even though this couple feels better, I can't help but think the main character will still be bad... I think Araki would be a better protagonist in both arcs, since he is still a "nerd" but obviously showed attitude (possibly a little too much in 1st arc, but okay).

Hopefully there won't be too much melodrama/forced drama in the next episodes and that we will get some actual romance this time. And a good one, since in the last arc there was barely any romance and it felt forced anyway (why did last girl even like MC? For no reason, exactly).

Still some "cringy" moments (deer game and the things related to it...), but I'll let it pass this time.
WintoviskyFeb 2, 2017 11:59 PM
Feb 3, 2017 12:00 AM

Jun 2013
Tooru is good but i still think Hikari is the most beautiful and personality among 3 girls.
Feb 3, 2017 12:17 AM

Oct 2014
The last scene leaves a very great premise for the rest of this arc.
But knowing of the previous arc, and also of how shitty the MC of Seiren is... heuh -_- should I hope? But if I hope I'll be shot down :(
Feb 3, 2017 12:21 AM

Jul 2015
Loving this new girl. Hopefully they expand on that last scene a bit next ep
Feb 3, 2017 1:16 AM
Mar 2015
H scene on the last minute XD
Feb 3, 2017 1:17 AM

Dec 2016
A game about deers, Tsuneki would not like to be anywhere near that.

Nice to see a gamer girl but does Miyamae already has someone? Hopefully that guy at the end will be explained next episode.

Whoever he is I would guess that he doesn't care about video games.
Feb 3, 2017 1:28 AM

Jul 2015
I hope it's not ntr bait.
Feb 3, 2017 1:36 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I still like Tsuneki more, but Tooru is pretty great too especially since she's a smart and badass gamer girl that loves anime too

That ending tho :| (Hopefully that was her brother) And dem implied Gundam references lol
Feb 3, 2017 1:37 AM

Jan 2017
The episode started good but the last few mins really gave me crazy ideas... like the NTR feel some of us are talking about... the other one was when she was thinking about the killshots in the game... YANDERE!! Poor Shouichi... I feel for you... I dunno which is worse.. being friendzoned or this...

Are there any best ending in this series!! LOL
Feb 3, 2017 1:38 AM

Jun 2015
I somehow hope that the guy at the end is Tooru's boyfriend. Would add more drama and perhaps make beta-kun do something instead of blushing 24/7.
Feb 3, 2017 1:42 AM
Jun 2016
Senpai gamer girl is awesome. My interest in this arc just went from 0 to 100.

Her characteristics remind me a lot of Nanasaki (my favorite girl from Amagami), soft-spoken but serious and she also looks like Nanasaki with long hair. She wears a vest too. I miss Hikari a bit though.

What the hell is with that deer game and Furry Souls? Sadly I don't think anything can save this show from that MC though.
dqtl74Feb 3, 2017 2:14 AM
Feb 3, 2017 2:20 AM
Nov 2016
Yoo, who the hell guy in the last of episode? Man this is awkward, is he Tooru's boyfriend? Or Tooru's brother? Let see in the next episode of Seiren.
Feb 3, 2017 2:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I like the new girl. My meaningless mini-rant of the day: A beautiful otaku girl like her could do so much better than beta-kun. Couldn't they upgrade his specs just a bit on some level so we didn't have to suspend our disbelief so much every time a girl falls for him`?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 3, 2017 2:44 AM
Feb 2008
I like her more like Tsuneki. Only one thing, that makes me feel bad is that guy at the end. I really hope that he is just her brother. I hope that Tsuneki screwed ending was enough of bad things for this series.

If that guy is a teacher with a bamboo stick, his name is Sōta Miyamae , so yes it should be her bro.
Ich1goFeb 3, 2017 3:00 AM
Feb 3, 2017 3:02 AM
Nov 2016
Ich1go said:
I like her more like Tsuneki. Only one thing, that makes me feel bad is that guy at the end. I really hope that he is just her brother. I hope that Tsuneki screwed ending was enough of bad things for this series.

In the end, i think he is the guy who teach a summer school in Tsuneki arc, but i don't know yet. But the voice is really same as a teacher who in the summer school.
Feb 3, 2017 3:03 AM

Jan 2014
wow, the new heroine is a gamer and a cool beauty. definitely my type.
Feb 3, 2017 3:13 AM

Mar 2016
Nice episode :D

I actually liked Tsuneki a lot more for various reasons like her personality and stuff but Tooru seems pretty awesome as well. Gamer girls are great haha. M.C's like Tsuneki have always been my favorite so it's hard for me to like Tooru more :P

The episode was quite enjoyable overall. Tooru blushing is damn cute xD I really hope the dude in the end is her brother :| Quite excited for the next episode ^^

Feb 3, 2017 4:29 AM
Apr 2016
Let me get this straight, this is just like Photo Kano when they go over each main female without connecting the stories, ama rite?
Not that I am against it, have to give yourself a rest from all the superhero action once in a while.
Re:formed
Feb 3, 2017 5:02 AM

Jan 2015
New girl is great. Game and anime diefan. That was pretty funny when she just started singing anime song in karaoke Lmao. Anyway she has great personality, just like the one I like. She is not awkward around men and doesn't even see them as such, i like her already. Btw wtf was that weird deer game LMAO.

Also what does that TL note supposed to mean? I didn't get it >_>
Feb 3, 2017 5:46 AM
Aug 2010
Nice new girl, the fact that she is a gamer girl is quite interesting, but again, my main concern is that this will have weak romance just like the last arc, I really feel the MC is f**king bad.

And that last scene with the guy, it will probably be her brother, but still, I don't like the tendency for this series to develop the arc with a girl that presumably has a love interest for another guy but at the end of the arc it is revealed as her not having such love interest for another guy and just liking the main character (for no reason whatsoever)

Let's hope that was just the premise of last arc.
Feb 3, 2017 6:29 AM
Jan 2017
Absolutely disgusting episode. This MC is the most boring character in the history of anime and he is liked by the girl in both arcs for absolutely no reason whatsoever. After the last arc, I wanted to see something different, but now it's just going to be the MC getting cucked again by Spaniards.
Feb 3, 2017 6:43 AM

Nov 2016
Waiting for end. Let's see it will get happy ending, or friendzone ending like previous arc.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Feb 3, 2017 6:43 AM

Jun 2011
Any1 wanna bet she'll dump the mc and move to korea to become a pro gamer for 5 years.
Feb 3, 2017 6:48 AM

Jun 2012
The way it ended didn't leave a good impression regardless if it was a misunderstanding. It left me a very spicy taste in my mouth compared to the last arc which is very Bittersweet.

I'll still sink my teeth into this one, lets really hope its her very shameless brother *shivers*, hopefully it clears up on the next episode.

Excuse me while I re-watch Amagami again.

Theorder14 said:
Any1 wanna bet she'll dump the mc and move to korea to become a pro gamer for 5 years.

I'll bet on my 10 favorite waifus it will.
RyetzFeb 3, 2017 2:09 PM

She did it for a reason
Feb 3, 2017 6:58 AM

Dec 2014
new arc started...pretty interesting story development
Feb 3, 2017 7:18 AM

Apr 2016
Episode was corny asf. Cringed through-out. Only the last few seconds made me want to see whats going to happen.
Feb 3, 2017 7:22 AM
Nov 2016
Seems like Miyamae lives quite differently as compared to Tsuneki, that's good.

Miyamae has a hard time saying what she is actually feeling but at least she isn't as bitchy as Tsuneki.

All in all, a good episode.
Feb 3, 2017 8:17 AM
Nov 2016
Hey...I though with this episode they are gonna continue with the story of the girl from the fourth episode....She became the chef and ...yeah. I was expecting that story to continue. What happened there ?...This reminds me of Amagami Series...But I was surely interested in the further development of the first girl. Can somebody explain in detail what happened. ??
Feb 3, 2017 9:29 AM

Jun 2015
Hikari -> Tooru

this arc seems boring :'( And I liked the previous arc so so so so much..... ugh gotta deal with it eh?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 3, 2017 9:51 AM

Sep 2016
Lol this scene was funny. Who was that guy at the end?
Feb 3, 2017 9:55 AM

Jul 2014
Seems like I'm very much in the minority with my opinion of this being a mucb better arc so far than Tsuneki's, even with that ending in mind. I mean, that'll probably just be a stupid brother or something rather than anything serious based on how this series has handled things so far.
Feb 3, 2017 9:59 AM

Nov 2013
i miss hikari

gamer girls interest me tho, even tho i don't like mechas, i think i'll enjoy this lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 3, 2017 10:17 AM

Oct 2012
ryanstrike said:
Tooru is good but i still think Hikari is the most beautiful and personality among 3 girls.
Yeah, personally I still like Hikari, it's a shame she got such a lackluster ending. I'll feel really disappointed if they actually give Tooru a better ending because I'll think about all the better endings that Hikari deserved

Theorder14 said:
Hahaha. Haha. Ha. That's funny. You actually think they'll even start a relationship? Never. If Tsuneki didn't then I refuse to let Tooru do it.
gust11Feb 3, 2017 10:21 AM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Feb 3, 2017 11:38 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I like Tooru a lot. Really stoic girl with a heart for gaming.

This has infinitely more potential for a good romance than the first arc. Last scene was certainly interesting.
Feb 3, 2017 4:53 PM

Jun 2016
Arc started off better than the lest, the game they are playing is jokes though lol.
Feb 3, 2017 5:13 PM

May 2015
Oh damn, new girl is cute. I'm liking her so far. Being a gamer girl makes it a big plus as well. I have no idea what to think of the ending though.... Hopefully it's nothing, but I honestly doubt it.

Feb 3, 2017 5:34 PM

Oct 2012

I was REALLY disappointed when they didn't alter the legs to be that of Tooru's. It'd be nice if every arc, there were some more OP changes to accommodate. The OP was exactly the same except for the end-card. Amagami at least mixed the order of highlights in the OP depending on the arc.
sigh

I think this arc started off much better than the last. The setting is relevant this time, so it doesn't feel as disconnected as the rest. Nice to see an appearance from Tsuneki as well. I have higher hopes for this arc. pls be gud
Feb 3, 2017 6:34 PM

Oct 2012
Haha, that was a nice episode! And the guy in the end minute of the episode is her brother! Shota Miyamae.
Feb 3, 2017 6:41 PM

Jan 2016
pre-ordered game *cringe*
it was because of cute characters "yepp, i feel that"

the line with stomping all over your opponents you won't have any is so true to a degree, but i give my friends large handicaps and still i pop off, well would if i didn't have handicaps to make game even

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

54 by WolfWood37 »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:12 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

62 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 25, 2023 11:02 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

97 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 20, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

129 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 13, 2023 9:21 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

83 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 12, 2023 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.