Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 81 82 [83] 84 85 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2017 7:38 AM

Oct 2015
Okay, i will. Thank you @zal . I'll just play some games ^^

ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
ꜱᴇᴛ ʙʏ ᴍᴀᴢᴇ <3!

Mar 30, 2017 7:46 AM

Jan 2017

lol no, since it we want to avoid extra work ;D

As for #10 you can use that anime since it's listed as studio. It doesn't matter if it has more than one, just that the one you want to use is there.

For the Korean Sci-Fi I can recommend this movie. It's the highest scored I have watched that fits the bill.

For #22-25 it can be anything. It's under Adaptations considering "it was adapted to x episodes" or something. So any source/duration/type. Just worry for the episodes it has.

As for the banner glitching, what do you mean? It should work by simply having one next to the other... unless one of them is too big for the signature area.

Just write there that you forgot and those are from when you finished watching. It should be okay

Please don't double post, just edit your last reply
@SolidWoIf https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582678&show=4100#msg50150009

LukaD12 said:
Hey guys, i got this as a challenge "Finish an on-hold or dropped anime - the start date of this one can't be during 2017; if you don't have any request for assistance in the discussion thread" I don't have any on hold or dropped anime, what do i do? Nobody knows?

Why is your list hiding the info shown when pressing the More link? =/ (at least show the dates later when you turn-in the challenge)
But you have two options: either (1) use the one you have been watching the longest (at least started 3+ months ago) and can finish during the year or (2) start one you want to watch, watch 1-3 episodes, leave it there without watching and finish it after around three months.
Mar 30, 2017 7:54 AM

Oct 2015
@AWC_mod thanks, i'll use the one that i've been watching the longest (durara, started ages ago) . I'm not sure what you mean with the entire list thing.

ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
ꜱᴇᴛ ʙʏ ᴍᴀᴢᴇ <3!

Mar 30, 2017 7:59 AM

Feb 2010
Scarlett_ryuken said:
zal said:
Planetes, Mononoke, Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

all the "elitist" shows, shocker such wow

Since when did Planetes become an elitist show too? Are we applying the term to every show that isn't completely generic now? That's depressing.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 30, 2017 8:05 AM

Oct 2015
Pullman said:
Scarlett_ryuken said:

all the "elitist" shows, shocker such wow

Since when did Planetes become an elitist show too? Are we applying the term to every show that isn't completely generic now? That's depressing.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3912/15229802082_bebf3a6032_o.png < i just assume all anime in there is elitist as a joke :/ ask them
rakugo aint in there cause pre 2016
Mei-o_ScarlettMar 30, 2017 8:10 AM
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 30, 2017 8:14 AM

Feb 2010
Scarlett_ryuken said:
Pullman said:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3912/15229802082_bebf3a6032_o.png < i just assume all anime in there is elitist as a joke :/ ask them

eh, please don't?
Idk, if Spirited Away, a movie my parents took me to as a kid and which is so mainstream it won the oscar is elitist then I don't even know anymore what people think the term stands for.

I also hate that club with a burning passion and make them primarily responsible for even making 'elitist shows' a thing on MAL and turning off thousands of people from good shows with their obnoxiousness. Being on their chart is a punishment for any show. Not that most of these shows aren't good, but they only get treated as pretentious elitist shows thanks to that club. At least half of them would not be associated with elitism if they weren't on the chart because they are casual friendly shows that just happen to be good or they are just barely ever mentioned because they're old and obscure.

You using it in exactly that way are the living proof that my hate is justified :>.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 30, 2017 8:33 AM

Feb 2013
Scarlett_ryuken said:
Pullman said:

rakugo aint in there cause pre 2016
LOL that picture and entry for inferno cop
10/10
Mar 30, 2017 9:38 AM

Feb 2014
Ok folks, got 59 in my second attempt, so, recs pliz.
Mar 30, 2017 12:45 PM

Jan 2017
LukaD12 said:
I'm not sure what you mean with the entire list thing.

When checking your anime list and pressing the "More" link (just before the score) there appears a blue line, instead of the usual info (ratings, dates, last update, comments) that appears on others list
Mar 30, 2017 1:14 PM

Oct 2015
AWC_mod said:
LukaD12 said:

When checking your anime list and pressing the "More" link (just before the score) there appears a blue line, instead of the usual info (ratings, dates, last update, comments) that appears on others list
AWC_mod said:
LukaD12 said:

Oh I see, I'm gonna check on that. Might be something with settings

ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
ꜱᴇᴛ ʙʏ ᴍᴀᴢᴇ <3!

Mar 30, 2017 1:16 PM

Mar 2015
Punkero said:

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Kiss x Sis, Love Stage!!, Mirai Nikki, No Game No Life, Haikyuu!!, and Fireball if you're going with TV shows. Considering the amount of shows you've watched, it's kinda hard to recommend stuff tbh.
Mar 30, 2017 2:02 PM

Feb 2014
Reversinator said:
Punkero said:

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Kiss x Sis, Love Stage!!, Mirai Nikki, No Game No Life, Haikyuu!!, and Fireball if you're going with TV shows. Considering the amount of shows you've watched, it's kinda hard to recommend stuff tbh.

I will watch NGNL or maybe Fireball if I'm feeling lazy, thanks for the recommendations.
Mar 30, 2017 7:06 PM
Sep 2015
AWC_mod said:

lol no, since it we want to avoid extra work ;D

As for #10 you can use that anime since it's listed as studio. It doesn't matter if it has more than one, just that the one you want to use is there.

For the Korean Sci-Fi I can recommend this movie. It's the highest scored I have watched that fits the bill.

For #22-25 it can be anything. It's under Adaptations considering "it was adapted to x episodes" or something. So any source/duration/type. Just worry for the episodes it has.

As for the banner glitching, what do you mean? It should work by simply having one next to the other... unless one of them is too big for the signature area.

Arigatou regarding clarifying for #10 and #22-25. As for the Korean Sci-Fi, I'll definitely check the movie out, but alas, it's not a TV-Type, and I'm still going with my double restriction for my personal taste. ;)

I'll add the banner to my sig so you can see what I mean. More than likely it's just me not putting code in properly.

As a side note, I'm assuming I should remove my English-name script file from my list just before turn-in, so that it doesn't annoy the unfortunate mods that have to investigate my list? Actually, I can just disable my custom list entirely if you'd prefer.

@Reversinator you seem like a good pal. Can you recc me a sci-fi TV show I've yet to see? Don't worry about whether it's on my challenge list, since (with a few exceptions) I can replace most of those with other shows.

Pullman said:
Scarlett_ryuken said:

eh, please don't?
Idk, if Spirited Away, a movie my parents took me to as a kid and which is so mainstream it won the oscar is elitist then I don't even know anymore what people think the term stands for.

I also hate that club with a burning passion and make them primarily responsible for even making 'elitist shows' a thing on MAL and turning off thousands of people from good shows with their obnoxiousness. Being on their chart is a punishment for any show. Not that most of these shows aren't good, but they only get treated as pretentious elitist shows thanks to that club. At least half of them would not be associated with elitism if they weren't on the chart because they are casual friendly shows that just happen to be good or they are just barely ever mentioned because they're old and obscure.

You using it in exactly that way are the living proof that my hate is justified :>.

The most I can imagine that even meaning is pretentious, but either way most things on that list are neither elitist nor pretentious. Hell, like you said many of the things on that list (such as Spirited Away) are nearly the opposite. I hadn't even heard of that club until just now. Are we sure it's not just some post-neo-ironical elitism? I can't imagine anyone that would make a list like that would seriously use "RIP In Peace" without having the whole thing be a gag.
Mar 30, 2017 7:33 PM

Mar 2015
Nomuit said:

@Reversinator you seem like a good pal. Can you recc me a sci-fi TV show I've yet to see? Don't worry about whether it's on my challenge list, since (with a few exceptions) I can replace most of those with other shows.

Sci-fi's definitely not my strong suit. I can at least recommend Planetes (drama), Gurren Lagann (action/adventure), and Space Brothers (comedy/sol), but you may want to ask someone else.

Also, your anime list looks amazing, but it's kinda hard to navigate with every title being in English while still being alphabetically organized by its Japanese name.
Mar 30, 2017 8:22 PM

Jan 2017
i've never watched a short anime before, but i watched Tonari no Seki-kun for this, and it was so funny

or an anime movie, because i generally cant get into movies outside of anime, i just watch a lot of tv series, so i didnt think an anime would be any different. For this challenge, i watched perfect blue, and it was amazing (really disturbing too). I LOVE this challenge
Mar 30, 2017 9:17 PM
Sep 2015
Reversinator said:
Nomuit said:

Sci-fi's definitely not my strong suit. I can at least recommend Planetes (drama), Gurren Lagann (action/adventure), and Space Brothers (comedy/sol), but you may want to ask someone else.

Also, your anime list looks amazing, but it's kinda hard to navigate with every title being in English while still being alphabetically organized by its Japanese name.

Yeah, there's no real way for me to deal with that in CSS, to the best of my knowledge. I've more or less given up on it. I assume that people will either not care about my list, or will at least be familiar with the English name enough to recognise it in my list. I wish it was alphabetised as well.

I was thinking of moving elementIDs around to try and get it into alphabetical order but if I do that I'll have to constantly edit my CSS, and that's too much of a damn hassle.

Honestly, my issue with my list is the size of each entry line, but any larger and the list is far too large, which is a problem that will only increase as time goes on.

Guess I'll go with Space Brothers, since Planetes and Gurren Lag-notices Space Brothers has 99 episodes Christ, what have you done to me. I refuse to bow down, however. I accept this challenge!

I enjoy sci-fi, although not so much in anime since a lot of the larger franchises tend to be mecha in some form or other (although mecha can be good, too), or are otherwise just unsatisfactory. Part of my reason for restricting myself to sci-fi is to force myself to explore more of it and see if there's anything in anime sci-fi I'm missing out on.

SolidWoIf said:
For this challenge, i watched perfect blue, and it was amazing (really disturbing too). I LOVE this challenge

You may enjoy other things by that director (Satoshi Kon), such as Paranoia Agent, Toukyou Godfathers, Millenium Actress, and Paprika. He has a certain style that, when it comes down to it, you either love or you hate (I have yet to see Perfect Blue, however, since I've been slacking on the movie department lately).
Mar 30, 2017 9:44 PM

Jan 2017
Nomuit said:
I'll add the banner to my sig so you can see what I mean. More than likely it's just me not putting code in properly.

As a side note, I'm assuming I should remove my English-name script file from my list just before turn-in, so that it doesn't annoy the unfortunate mods that have to investigate my list? Actually, I can just disable my custom list entirely if you'd prefer.

I can see your list just fine right now. Listed by it's Japanese names. So leave it like that. When you turn-in add as a note that if the list it's hard to check you can disable the thing momentarily.
As for the banners I'm guessing you added them by line, just put them together? (Without pressing "enter"; both in the same line)
Instead of
[img]https://i.imgur.com/9bUdvoE.gif[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/6hnPS9c.png[/img]

Try this
[url=https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476&show=2950#msg50128088][img align=left]https://i.imgur.com/9bUdvoE.gif[/img][/url] [url=https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582478&show=650#msg50128708][img align=right]https://i.imgur.com/6hnPS9c.png[/img][/url]

Mar 30, 2017 10:46 PM
Sep 2015
@AWC_mod Thanks, that worked. I thought I tried aligning it, but I probably screwed up somewhere along the line. You even went to the trouble of hyperlinking my posts? I was going to do that later, I was just too lazy. Damn man, thanks.

You're an awfully kind anon mod, friend. Just bored, or determined to go above and beyond?

---

I'm confused as to why you can see my list without the English names I added, but I'm assuming you either have an option for that or just have it disabled in general.

Either way, I'm glad for that. I'll definitely add a turn-in note for that; as it is, I'm going with SheyCroix's idea of adding a tag for the challenge that's searchable; just haven't added it to the sign-up sheet yet. I'll do that now.
Mar 30, 2017 10:50 PM

Aug 2013
@Nomuit Say goodbye to your social life for a few days. Space Brothers is amazing.

During a prolonged holy day I started watching it... Just 3 days later I had seen those 99 episodes and was pissed that it was too short .-. (Planetes is freaking good too).

Just saw that you where born in the 80's to, if you grew up watching anime from the 80/90's you going to love Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199.

Here's some stuff that you might like and are valid for a Sci-fi only challenge:

Ginga Eiyuu DensetsuPsycho-Pass (just stay away from season 2, its terrible )
Steins Gate
Shinsekai Yori
Macross
One Punch Man
jhoson14Mar 30, 2017 10:55 PM
Mar 30, 2017 10:50 PM

Mar 2016
Nomuit said:
@AWC_mod Thanks, that worked. I thought I tried aligning it, but I probably screwed up somewhere along the line. You even went to the trouble of hyperlinking my posts? I was going to do that later, I was just too lazy. Damn man, thanks.

You're an awfully kind anon mod, friend. Just bored, or determined to go above and beyond?

---

I'm confused as to why you can see my list without the English names I added, but I'm assuming you either have an option for that or just have it disabled in general.

Either way, I'm glad for that. I'll definitely add a turn-in note for that; as it is, I'm going with SheyCroix's idea of adding a tag for the challenge that's searchable; just haven't added it to the sign-up sheet yet. I'll do that now.
pssssst @SheyCroix is @AWC_Mod, but shh dont tell anyone >.<
Also she helps because she runs the challenge therefore she has a vested interest.
Mar 30, 2017 10:58 PM

Aug 2013
Sojin said:
quote]pssssst @SheyCroix is @AWC_Mod, but shh dont tell anyone >.<
Also she helps because she runs the challenge therefore she has a vested interest.

Don't tell her Batsecret xD. While searching for an active staff to use for the challenge I went to her profile and was kind sad that only the AWC_Mod is listed.

But took Hoozuki no Heitetsu for another challenge ( Loved it, cant wait for season 2).
Mar 30, 2017 11:04 PM

Apr 2016
Nomuit said:

Dude if you need a good Sci-Fic show, I would recommend Time of Eve. 6 episodes with 15 mins each. There would be a remake movie too but you should watch the series, it's better.
Mar 30, 2017 11:06 PM
Sep 2015
jhoson14 said:
@Nomuit Say goodbye to your social life for a few days. Space Brothers is amazing.

During a prolonged holy day I started watching it... Just 3 days later I had seen those 99 episodes and was pissed that it was too short .-. (Planetes is freaking good too).

Just saw that you where born in the 80's to, if you grew up watching anime from the 80/90's you going to love Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199.

Here's some stuff that you might like and are valid for a Sci-fi only challenge:

Ginga Eiyuu DensetsuPsycho-Pass (just stay away from season 2, its terrible )
Steins Gate
Shinsekai Yori
MacrossOne Punch Man

I've been meaning to watch Legend Of The Galactic Heroes, but the length of the franchise terrifies me. If it wasn't an OVA series I was going to put it down, however since it's not, looks like it's on the backburner once again.

I've seen most of the Science Adventure (Steins;Gate) series thus far, so unfortunately I can't add that. Likewise for Shinsekai Yori/From The New World, although I got my girlfriend to add it to her challenge list. As for One Punch Man, I almost added it but then found out it was invalid for the challenge I was going to mark it down for. Still, I intend to watch it. Macross has been on my PTW for ages, so this challenge motivated me to pick it up finally!

But yeah, I need to watch Yamata 2199. There's a lot I just haven't found the time for, yet. Since you reminded me of it, however, I'll mark it on my list proper-like before I forget. I also need to get around to Captain Harlock and Galactic Express 999.

EDIT: I really hope it seems that short for me when I'm watching Space Brothers, with how many long(ish) runners I have in my challenge list thus far it may feel like eternity, especially after the likes of Zentrix (or Cubix if I choose to replace Zentrix with it).

Sojin said:
pssssst SheyCroix is AWC_Mod, but shh dont tell anyone >.<

Yeah, I found that out when I went to her profile shortly after joining the challenge, as I was list browsing. Still, I figured I'd act ignorant of it in case I was mistaken and perhaps get some curry points in doing so.

And that may be so, but I was still expecting her to only respond to us in intervals, and not this frequently - especially not this late at night. There are better things for her to be doing like completing the challenge herself, I figured. Either way, friendly, active mods are good mods in my obvious opinion, so keep up the good work!

EDIT: @TheElevenTails I added it to my list to watch later, but unfortunately it's not a TV-type, which is what I'm restricting myself to. Thanks for the thought, though; I wish something so short could be my option for this, unlike Space Brothers.
12313weaq3Mar 30, 2017 11:10 PM
Mar 30, 2017 11:16 PM

Apr 2016
@Nomuit Ah I see. But do watch that. It's brilliant. A combination of Sci-Fic and SOL aren't seen much these days.
Mar 31, 2017 7:00 AM

Jan 2017
Nomuit said:
I'm confused as to why you can see my list without the English names I added, but I'm assuming you either have an option for that or just have it disabled in general. .

It's in general, so far only works with those using the Classic List Design... it's thanks to the Style Override that appears in the Settings.

And you're welcome~ Glad to help (^_^)/

-- From post #3006 #3005 to #3033
If you are in the middle of editing your sign up form, then apologies for the mention

Please keep the numbered list [ list=1 ]
@TontonMouton

Please fix your Initial Post Number
@demonotaku89 3006 @Pepito321 3009 @Eze_22 3013 @Vanora 3014 @Missy87 3016 @Wenli 3017 @RinHikaru 3019 @mollysavill 3021 @SaitoUzamaki 3022 @Sheldinho 3029 @Kazuo-sama 3030 @gronaldo44 3033

@Reen-Chan Please fix your Initial Post Number (3024) and keep the ending tags for the spoiler and numbered list

@Ciciely please keep the ending tag for the numbered list
AWC_modMar 31, 2017 7:15 AM
Mar 31, 2017 7:14 AM

May 2016
hi there ! ♥
i'm here for some anime recommendations, please!

- so first, actually one of my challenges is that i need a recommendation from this thread, so please feel free to suggest some anime you really like! to kind of narrow down what i like, i tend to really enjoy slice of life, comedy, and romance anime! although romance isn't a requirement. i enjoy shoujo and i'm really big on pretty art ;A; uhmm, i also do like action / shounen! and yeahhhh, i'm down for some good ecchi, hahaha. the only things i'm not suuper fond of are historical, mecha, or fantasy anime?? please less than 100 episodes, too! if it's an action anime with romance, then you've got me ♥ u ♥ (also i luv bl LOL)

i also need help finding some other kinds of anime...!

- an anime between 1917 - 1959 ?

- an anime with 50 or more episodes !! i would really prefer if the anime had less than 100 episodes, or at least like... less than 200;;; pls help with this one lol

- watch a completed anime with a score of 6.00 or less

- watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human.

thanks in advanced to anyone who helps ~~ ♥

ようこそ!
call me sofi.
i love bnha & haikyuu!! & bl.
dattebayo
Mar 31, 2017 7:40 AM

Sep 2011
ohtsundere said:
hi there ! ♥
i'm here for some anime recommendations, please!

[...]

thanks in advanced to anyone who helps ~~ ♥

1. How about Katanagatari

2. https://myanimelist.net/anime/5662/Suteneko_Tora-chan

3. Based on what you like and if you're not against old anime i'll recommend Cat's eye or city hunter

4. Kuro to Kin no Akanai Kagi.
You seem like a nice person so i'm hesitant but, for that one, I could also recommend Glasslip who have really pretty art but is just soooooo painful to watch.

5. Gingitsune
aemiliuzMar 31, 2017 7:46 AM
Mar 31, 2017 7:47 AM
Mar 2017
@ohtsundere
-watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human: Demi-chan wa Kataritai

-an anime with 50 or more episodes: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

-an anime I think you'll love: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo -or- Steins;Gate
Mar 31, 2017 9:19 AM

May 2016
aemiliuz said:

1. How about Katanagatari

2. https://myanimelist.net/anime/5662/Suteneko_Tora-chan

3. Based on what you like and if you're not against old anime i'll recommend Cat's eye or city hunter

4. Kuro to Kin no Akanai Kagi.
You seem like a nice person so i'm hesitant but, for that one, I could also recommend Glasslip who have really pretty art but is just soooooo painful to watch.

5. Gingitsune

ohmygoshhh, thank you so much for your help!!
i think i'm going to use quite a few of these!
i've seen images of katanagatari around but i wasn't sure what it was or if i'd be into it...
but i looked into it and it looks amazing!! ♥
when you say glasslip is painful to watch, do you mean sad or just really a drag, LOL.

gronaldo44 said:
@ohtsundere
-watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human: Demi-chan wa Kataritai

-an anime with 50 or more episodes: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

-an anime I think you'll love: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo -or- Steins;Gate

ahhhh ~~ ♥ thank you so much for these recommendations!!!
i think i'll use some of these two!
i can't believe i forgot FMAB! i actually started it before but put it on hold D':
sooooo i think i'll just rewatch from the beginning and do it for this challenge!!
thanks so much for that and the other reccs! ♥

ようこそ!
call me sofi.
dattebayo
Mar 31, 2017 9:33 AM

Dec 2013
Hey, For the 'Watch an anime adapted from a Visual Novel, Card Game or Game' is a anime from a Mobile Game acceptable? Still a Game :o Thanks!
~ Canaan

"By Depending on others and letting them
Depend on you, people can Exceed what
they can do as Individuals." - Mikoto Misaka

"Rokkon Shojo!"
Mar 31, 2017 9:38 AM

May 2016
also ! quick question !!
what if the stats have changed for one of your challenges?
like one i finished watching already, the challenge was to watch something with more PTW than completed. but now it has more completed than PTW;;
does that mean i need to pick a new anime?? or can i stick with the old stats from when i completed it?

ようこそ!
call me sofi.
dattebayo
Mar 31, 2017 9:39 AM

Mar 2015
Canaan said:
Hey, For the 'Watch an anime adapted from a Visual Novel, Card Game or Game' is a anime from a Mobile Game acceptable? Still a Game :o Thanks!
~ Canaan

As long as "Game", "Visual Novel", or "Card Game" is listed as the anime's source on the information sidebar, it works for the challenge.
Mar 31, 2017 10:14 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
This might seem a bit dumb, but...

For this one, does it have to be related to something I completed prior to starting the challenge, or can it be something I completed for the challenge?

Mar 31, 2017 10:48 AM

Dec 2013
Reversinator said:
Canaan said:
~ Canaan

As long as "Game", "Visual Novel", or "Card Game" is listed as the anime's source on the information sidebar, it works for the challenge.

Oh right just checked and it does just say 'Game' sorry. It was a Mobile Game so thought it said that. must have changed from b4. Thx tho! :) ~ Canaan

"By Depending on others and letting them
Depend on you, people can Exceed what
they can do as Individuals." - Mikoto Misaka

"Rokkon Shojo!"
Mar 31, 2017 10:57 AM

Sep 2014
Manaban said:
This might seem a bit dumb, but...

For this one, does it have to be related to something I completed prior to starting the challenge, or can it be something I completed for the challenge?

Just related to something you have watched before. It can be something you have used for the challenge, but I would assume you would have to have watched the one for this challenge after.
Mar 31, 2017 11:07 AM
Jan 2016
ok ima ask a few questions i am so sorry and thanks in advanced, first time ever trying this and actually using MAL after creating a profile.

First (73. Finish an on-hold or dropped anime - the start date of this one can't be during 2017; if you don't have any request for assistance in the discussion thread) I DONT have any on hold so what do i do now?

Second(65. Choose an anime from the predictive search using your ) does it have to be an anime from the drop down suggestion, or can i use one after pressing enter on the search bar?

3rd and last(21.Watch an anime broadcast on a weekend) Where can i watch a broadcast? does it have to be live?
Mar 31, 2017 11:35 AM

Jul 2012
Kerminator said:
ok ima ask a few questions i am so sorry and thanks in advanced, first time ever trying this and actually using MAL after creating a profile.

First (73. Finish an on-hold or dropped anime - the start date of this one can't be during 2017; if you don't have any request for assistance in the discussion thread) I DONT have any on hold so what do i do now?

Second(65. Choose an anime from the predictive search using your ) does it have to be an anime from the drop down suggestion, or can i use one after pressing enter on the search bar?

3rd and last(21.Watch an anime broadcast on a weekend) Where can i watch a broadcast? does it have to be live?

1) Pick a show, watch 2-4 episodes, then place it on hold until you're almost done with all the other challenges.

2) It is supposed to be a result that pops up before you hit enter.

3) On the anime's page in MAL, on the left-hand side of the screen in a section titled "Information" the broadcast dates and times are listed next to "Broadcast". It does not need to be live, it just needs to be a show that aired on Saturdays or Sundays. Not every show has this data entered but many do, you'll need to find one that does.
Mar 31, 2017 11:57 AM

Sep 2014
Kerminator said:

Make sure the search is set to anime, it should give more results that way. If you are doing a restriction (such as tv type only), and there aren't any tv types you haven't seen, or you have seen everything listed, you can go to the longer results, but add a note in your form about why you had to go there.
Mar 31, 2017 2:52 PM

May 2016
11. Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio
For this challenge animes with N/A doesn't count, right? Just want to be sure..

Mar 31, 2017 3:56 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@Kerminator please don't double post, just edit your last reply
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582678&show=4200#msg50174839

Also regarding your question about #65 it has to be something from the predictive search. You aren't supposed to go to the "view all results" window. I went ahead and did a search with your username and after checking your anime list I saw several titles there that you haven't watched (or at least aren't on your list). So unless you plan to go with a restriction you have to use something from there.

Also please remember to fix your Initial Post Number. It seems to be 2880

ohtsundere said:
also ! quick question !! what if the stats have changed for one of your challenges?
like one i finished watching already, the challenge was to watch something with more PTW than completed. but now it has more completed than PTW;; does that mean i need to pick a new anime?? or can i stick with the old stats from when i completed it?

To be honest your pick would have been invalid anyways since when you started watching it, that anime was still airing so it's hard to believe it had completed members by that date. So yes, you need to change that one.
I can suggest that if the next one you pick is something recent or with close numbers for both completed and PTW, you should take a screenshot (showing your username) so you are safe.

@rowtabi yes, you don't have to use those if you don't want to
SheyCroixMar 31, 2017 4:00 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Mar 31, 2017 10:03 PM

Jan 2016
I got #59 for one of my challenges so can someone please give me some recommendations? I am fine with anything.
Mar 31, 2017 11:09 PM

Aug 2013
livt12 said:
I got #59 for one of my challenges so can someone please give me some recommendations? I am fine with anything.

Since you loved Baccano I strongly recommend you to see Durarara (its from the same author).

Here another recommendations in case you would rather watch something else (or shorter):

Usagi Drop
Toradora
Lovely★Complex
Kimi ni Todoke
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Apr 1, 2017 2:37 AM

Jun 2016
I also need recommendations for #59 ^^
It needs to be TV type, thank you!
Apr 1, 2017 3:26 AM

Apr 2014
KenApplepi said:

Here are some recommendations (all TV type):
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Nana
Mawaru Penguindrum
Golden Time
Apr 1, 2017 3:30 AM

Aug 2013
KenApplepi said:

Was trying to see all your completed anime before recommending stuff (to be sure you never watched it). Your list is really cool, but its a potato killer T-T.

Almost set my desktop on fire =x (70% processor use on chrome xD)

Here some recommendations:

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai
Gosick
Hataraku Maou-sama
Ergo Proxy
NHK ni Youkoso
Gin no Saji

Hope at least one peaks your interest ^^
Apr 1, 2017 3:50 AM

Jun 2016
virusungen said:
KenApplepi said:

Here are some recommendations (all TV type):
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Nana
Mawaru Penguindrum
Golden Time

Thank you!! ^^

jhoson14 said:
KenApplepi said:

Was trying to see all your completed anime before recommending stuff (to be sure you never watched it). Your list is really cool, but its a potato killer T-T.

Almost set my desktop on fire =x (70% processor use on chrome xD)

Here some recommendations:

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai
Gosick
Hataraku Maou-sama
Ergo Proxy
NHK ni Youkoso
Gin no Saji

Hope at least one peaks your interest ^^

Thank you ^^ I actually wanted to change the gif effect in the background but idk how since I didn't program the list, so I have to deal with that xD
I find it funny how I'm actually watching Hataraku Maou-sama at the moment and I have NHK ni Youkoso on hold xD
Apr 1, 2017 8:17 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
otaku_Salem said:
Working season 1 2 3 started watching from 30 Mars to 1 april

If you are intending on participate on the challenge, then please edit your post with the provided sign-up format.

Please don't post other things there. For challenge-related question post them here.

If you don't want to participate then please edit your post with a "Withdrawn".

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 1, 2017 10:41 AM

Mar 2017
Could someone give me a recommendation for #59 please. Cheers
Apr 1, 2017 10:45 AM

Jul 2009
NickWilkinson said:
Could someone give me a recommendation for #59 please. Cheers

KonoSuba 2 from your PtW list is a good choice
Apr 1, 2017 11:11 AM

Jan 2008
Hello everybody

I was just editing my list and wanted to use Kirara Bernstein from GJ-bu for #42. Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese.
However as I went to her character sheet it isn't specifically mentioned, does it still count?
I just watched it and she's tall and blonde, doesn't speak Japanese well but speaks english with her sister, her sister comes visit her from Canada and in her character specific outro she's only seen walking/dancing through a foreign(from japanese perspective) looking street.

Does she qualify for the #42?
I hope you have a lovely day ♥ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ )
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 81 82 [83] 84 85 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

42 by APolygons2 »»
1 minute ago

» New anime fans have an extreme inferiority complex and huge beef with older fans

EastIndiaCompany - 7 minutes ago

2 by Serafos »»
4 minutes ago

» Is there any specific setting or theme you’re biased to

nishant0 - 6 minutes ago

2 by Zimmu »»
4 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 2 hours ago

13 by Lucifrost »»
6 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Apr 25

72 by Toooooooooohru »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.