Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (152) « First ... « 48 49 [50] 51 52 » ... Last »

Jan 24, 2017 10:15 AM

Jan 24, 2017 10:59 AM

I got #59 what shall you recommend for me

Jan 24, 2017 11:04 AM

Sohail96 said:
I got #59 what shall you recommend for me
I recommend you watch Aku no Hana, the animation is quite odd if you haven't seen it yet but it's an addicting story.

Jan 24, 2017 11:17 AM

AholePony said:
I think it's any anime someone has completed for the "2017 Challenge". If it was the other way, that you had to watch someone else's #60, then the very first person with #60 wouldn't be able to complete #60 because they had no one else to go off of.

That's what I thought. I just wanted to be 100% sure!!! Thank you!

Jan 24, 2017 11:23 AM
Hikikomori

Could a kind soul please give me a recommendation for challenge #59? A hidden gem on Crunchyroll would be perfect, or something in my PTW list. Thanks in advance.

Jan 24, 2017 11:26 AM
I guess I should also ask for a rec for #59 at one point too, so here I go!

Please make it a movie or OVA or a TV series with short episodes. Within those categories pretty much everything goes as long as I haven't seen it, but the less generic the better.

Thanks in Advance!
no more forums

Jan 24, 2017 11:26 AM

BanzaiJedi said:
Could a kind soul please give me a recommendation for challenge #59? A hidden gem on Crunchyroll would be perfect, or something in my PTW list. Thanks in advance.

I see Snow White With the Red Hair is on your ptw list. I TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT

Jan 24, 2017 11:31 AM
Hikikomori

AnnaSartin said:
BanzaiJedi said:

I see Snow White With the Red Hair is on your ptw list. I TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT

Perfect, thank you! I've heard good things about it.

Jan 24, 2017 11:33 AM

Pullman said:

Please make it a movie or OVA or a TV series with short episodes. Within those categories pretty much everything goes as long as I haven't seen it, but the less generic the better.

Thanks in Advance!

Do you mind classics? I notice you haven't seen the Vampire Princess Miyu OVAs.

Jan 24, 2017 11:38 AM
AnnaSartin said:
Pullman said:

Thanks in Advance!

Not at all, I love me some classics.
That rec actually looks pretty great. The Kawai Kenji music alone makes me want to give it a try but it sounds somewhat interesting too. I'm surprised that I haven't come across it before (I would have probably added it to PTW). Thanks, I'll definitely use it!

I expected it to take a bit longer considering the size of my list but this is perfect <3.

Have you seen/would you recommend the TV version too if I end up liking the OVAs?
no more forums

Jan 24, 2017 11:46 AM

Pullman said:
AnnaSartin said:

Not at all, I love me some classics.
That rec actually looks pretty great. The Kawai Kenji music alone makes me want to give it a try but it sounds somewhat interesting too. I'm surprised that I haven't come across it before (I would have probably added it to PTW). Thanks, I'll definitely use it!

I expected it to take a bit longer considering the size of my list but this is perfect <3.

Have you seen/would you recommend the TV version too if I end up liking the OVAs?

Yes, I own both on DVD and the CD soundtrack for the TV series. I wish I had the soundtrack for the OVA series as well.

Jan 24, 2017 12:06 PM

Could someone recommand me something for challenge 59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread, please ?
All Of My Plan to Watch are already in The Challenge except the Spring 2017 Season.

Jan 24, 2017 12:11 PM

ProfZex said:
Could someone recommand me something for challenge 59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread, please ?
All Of My Plan to Watch are already in The Challenge except the Spring 2017 Season.

Have you ever considered Yona of the Dawn? I really enjoyed it.

Jan 24, 2017 12:20 PM

AnnaSartin said:
ProfZex said:

I already read the manga and I love it <3
But I prefer discover other thing

Jan 24, 2017 12:38 PM

hello can someone recommend to me a good slice of life anime with comedy

Jan 24, 2017 12:43 PM

a-nm said:

I suggest watching BARAKAMON! ^_^ It's a fun watch.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22789/Barakamon

ProfZex said:
AnnaSartin said:

Hm... how about this one, then?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/957/Saiunkoku_Monogatari
Modified by AnnaSartin, Jan 24, 2017 12:54 PM

Jan 24, 2017 12:49 PM

AnnaSartin said:
a-nm said:

I suggest watching BARAKAMON! ^_^ It's a fun watch.

hmm heard of that before :0 ok, thank you!

Jan 24, 2017 12:59 PM

ProfZex said:
AnnaSartin said:

Hm... how about this one, then?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/957/Saiunkoku_Monogatari[/quote]
Perfect ! Thanks :)

Jan 24, 2017 2:21 PM

PrOxAnto said:
Nou-Tan said:

wait why Spirictpact does not Count ? its going to finish soon and its chinese

What?
I recommended Ling Qi to a person who wanted more PTW than completed.
Can you repeat the question?

You said Spiritpact does not count ..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 24, 2017 2:28 PM

Nou-Tan said:
PrOxAnto said:

What?
I recommended Ling Qi to a person who wanted more PTW than completed.
Can you repeat the question?

Spiritpact does not count for the challenge: "Watch an anime with more PTW than completed members"
Because ... there are no completed members, it's still being aired, no reason to pick a currently airing anime when you dont have any numbers to compare the PTW members to is there?

And if you're refering to the chinese or korean anime challenge, Spiritpact is the Japanese dub of Ling Qi and has it's own entry (for some weird reason), so you would have to watch Ling Qi for that.

*I was confused with the whole conversation because I answered two questions in one message, my bad.
Modified by PrOxAnto, Jan 24, 2017 2:32 PM

Jan 24, 2017 2:36 PM

Heyo, need recommendation for #59.
Let's see what you can come up with!

Jan 24, 2017 2:39 PM

Wishs said:

Akira
Mononoke Hime
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Ghost in the Shell

Jan 24, 2017 2:45 PM

mozgow said:
Wishs said:

Akira
Mononoke Hime
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Ghost in the Shell

Thanks a lot! Going for Mononoke Hime

Jan 24, 2017 3:01 PM

Thank you. Overlord looks good, and I'll consider Servant x Service if I can't find anything better. Also, my bad but #15 is actually #58. I just got them mixed up.
Modified by Tpfang56, Jan 24, 2017 3:06 PM

Jan 24, 2017 4:03 PM
Do you only get the challenge list if participating in the challenge?

Jan 24, 2017 4:11 PM
Onii-sama

INDYKU said:
Oh it hurts...
Go here and read: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476#msg49234401
The second post will tell you how to play, and get your challenges.
Modified by Sojin, Jan 24, 2017 9:16 PM

Jan 24, 2017 4:48 PM

Watch an anime with someone [director (any), script and/or storyboard] you don't know

https://myanimelist.net/people/38648/Ibata_Yoshihide

i watched original attack on titan, but not the one that is listed, so can i use haikyuu/shigatsu for this challenge?
(please say yes, searching for this is a pain lmao)
Some favorite new girls from the Spring season <3 (hard choices, damn it lol) missing: Nona (Chou Kadou), Nezuko (Yaiba), Tohru (Fruits Basket) and more.

Jan 24, 2017 4:50 PM
🌕🚀System;Reset

winddevil1 said:
Watch an anime with someone [director (any), script and/or storyboard] you don't know

https://myanimelist.net/people/38648/Ibata_Yoshihide

i watched original attack on titan, but not the one that is listed, so can i use haikyuu/shigatsu for this challenge?

Yes, You can if you didn't watch Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou

INDYKU said:

by that you mean you want to do it on your own?
If yes, then you can. Just follow the steps on the how to play. If you post in the challenge thread add a note that you will be doing it on your own (at the beginning of the post)

Jan 24, 2017 6:05 PM

PrOxAnto said:
Nou-Tan said:

Spiritpact does not count for the challenge: "Watch an anime with more PTW than completed members"
Because ... there are no completed members, it's still being aired, no reason to pick a currently airing anime when you dont have any numbers to compare the PTW members to is there?

And if you're refering to the chinese or korean anime challenge, Spiritpact is the Japanese dub of Ling Qi and has it's own entry (for some weird reason), so you would have to watch Ling Qi for that.

*I was confused with the whole conversation because I answered two questions in one message, my bad.

I don't I really understand you ._.... but they said I can watch an ongoing animes for the challenge as long as they finish in 2017
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 24, 2017 6:14 PM

Nou-Tan said:
PrOxAnto said:

I don't I really understand you ._.... but they said I can watch an ongoing animes for the challenge as long as they finish in 2017

Spiritpact can't be used yet because it isn't listed in the Chinese club. They posted that they're considering it depending on the amount of involvement from China but right now only the ONA version Ling Qi works. (Edit: As for where the confusion started with a mis-quote or a name mix-up somewhere so two separate challenge questions got mixed)
Modified by GamerDLM, Jan 24, 2017 6:28 PM

Jan 24, 2017 7:22 PM

hey all,

Just wondering if you could give me a recommendation for challenge #59.
i would especialy love it if someone could give me a romance anime that i didn't see yet (though i don't always like shoujo).
thanks in advance!

Jan 24, 2017 7:44 PM
Onii-sama

Shavana said:
hey all,

Just wondering if you could give me a recommendation for challenge #59.
i would especialy love it if someone could give me a romance anime that i didn't see yet (though i don't always like shoujo).
thanks in advance!
i rec
https://myanimelist.net/anime/18245/White_Album_2
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13655/Little_Busters
https://myanimelist.net/anime/12445/Tasogare_Otome_x_Amnesia

Jan 25, 2017 3:39 AM

Hey, so it's my first time doing AWC and I just want to confirm something: I'm using the spreadsheet and I understand there's no need to edit my sign-up post as I work on the challenges, just my spreadsheet until I'm done, and then just edit the sign-up post and do the turn-in thing. Am I wrong about this?

To clarify: there's no need to update the forum post every time you complete a challenge or something like that as long as you keep track somewhere else, right?

Sorry if it is a stupid question.

Jan 25, 2017 3:50 AM

erh can someone help me ;-; i forgot what is my post number cri
reeeeeeeee
fcking homura and shinobu banner 1 month apart

Jan 25, 2017 3:53 AM
Scarlett_ryuken said:
erh can someone help me ;-; i forgot what is my post number cri

you mean you don't find your initial post anymore?

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476&show=850#post859

For the future: On your profile you can click 'your forum posts' and then clicking on the anime challenge thread will lead you directly to your post.
no more forums

Jan 25, 2017 3:54 AM

and i just found out icould do that rip
reeeeeeeee
fcking homura and shinobu banner 1 month apart

Jan 25, 2017 5:05 AM

Can anyone recommend me an anime for challenge #3(short anime 15min less per ep, more than 6 eps), I'd prefer SoL comedy without much ecchi. Thanks in advance :)

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jan 25, 2017 5:10 AM

Jan 25, 2017 5:17 AM

for challenge number 68. Watch an anime with a number in it's title would Teekyuu 3 count as it is just a sequel if that doesn't count would ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka

Jan 25, 2017 5:27 AM

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jan 25, 2017 5:52 AM

acestrawbs said:
for challenge number 68. Watch an anime with a number in it's title would Teekyuu 3 count as it is just a sequel if that doesn't count would ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka

Both of those titles are valid; so pick the one that you want to watch the most.

Death is the road to awe.

Jan 25, 2017 6:54 AM

For requirement "#11 Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio"

If we're attempting the TV-type restriction, do we watch one of the 5 lowest TV-types? Or does this become an exception?

For me personally, A-1 Pictures is rated my favorite studio but all of its lowest rated anime are only 1 eps.

Jan 25, 2017 7:13 AM

59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Please give me a good recommendation.

Jan 25, 2017 7:22 AM
Onii-sama

Jan 25, 2017 8:23 AM
🌕🚀System;Reset

SnowC said:
Hey, so it's my first time doing AWC and I just want to confirm something: I'm using the spreadsheet and I understand there's no need to edit my sign-up post as I work on the challenges, just my spreadsheet until I'm done, and then just edit the sign-up post and do the turn-in thing. Am I wrong about this?
To clarify: there's no need to update the forum post every time you complete a challenge or something like that as long as you keep track somewhere else, right?
Sorry if it is a stupid question.

Better ask earlier than wait till the end to fix everything. That's right. Once posted there's no need to edit every time you complete a challenge... but I advise that you at least do this once in a while since there are items that request from others to watch something completed by a participant.

riho88riho said:
For requirement "#11 Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio"
If we're attempting the TV-type restriction, do we watch one of the 5 lowest TV-types? Or does this become an exception?
For me personally, A-1 Pictures is rated my favorite studio but all of its lowest rated anime are only 1 eps.

If you complete the challenge with the TV restriction, for that particular item you should go with the lowest 5 TV

Jan 25, 2017 9:10 AM

Sojin said:
Drafell said:
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Please give me a good recommendation.
i rec
https://myanimelist.net/anime/16067/Nagi_no_Asukara
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13601/Psycho-Pass
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30015/ReLIFE

thank you so much
I'll start seeing Nagi in Asukara as soon as possible.

Jan 25, 2017 9:44 AM

Can anybody recommend something Korean?
I watched a Chinese cartoon for last year's challenge, so I'd like to pick the other country this year.

Jan 25, 2017 9:45 AM

Hello, quick question about challenge #43 Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field. Can I use Koro-sensei from Ansatsu Kyoushitsu?

Jan 25, 2017 9:47 AM
Onii-sama

Wishs said:
Hello, quick question about challenge #43 Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field. Can I use Koro-sensei from Ansatsu Kyoushitsu?
you sure can! he is a teacher and that is a professional field

Jan 25, 2017 9:48 AM
TrashDax said:
Can anybody recommend something Korean?
I watched a Chinese cartoon for last year's challenge, so I'd like to pick the other country this year.

If you like psychological/Thriller/misanthropic stuff I can recommend King of the Pigs or Saibi. I think that director is really good.

If you want something a bit more action/sci-fi there's Wonderful Days.

from fantasy slice of life try Mari Iyagi.

For a good looking 3dcgi anime with a cute and touching story try Leafie.

If you want something trashy to laugh at how bad it is, try Armageddon.

And there's also Oseam, but everyone else has been recommending this for Korean anime so that's no fun.
Modified by Pullman, Jan 25, 2017 9:53 AM
no more forums

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (152) « First ... « 48 49 [50] 51 52 » ... Last »