Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 48 49 [50] 51 52 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2017 6:05 PM

Nov 2015
PrOxAnto said:
Nou-Tan said:

You said Spiritpact does not count ..

Spiritpact does not count for the challenge: "Watch an anime with more PTW than completed members"
Because ... there are no completed members, it's still being aired, no reason to pick a currently airing anime when you dont have any numbers to compare the PTW members to is there?

And if you're refering to the chinese or korean anime challenge, Spiritpact is the Japanese dub of Ling Qi and has it's own entry (for some weird reason), so you would have to watch Ling Qi for that.

*I was confused with the whole conversation because I answered two questions in one message, my bad.

I don't I really understand you ._.... but they said I can watch an ongoing animes for the challenge as long as they finish in 2017
Jan 24, 2017 6:14 PM

Jul 2012
Nou-Tan said:
PrOxAnto said:

Spiritpact does not count for the challenge: "Watch an anime with more PTW than completed members"
Because ... there are no completed members, it's still being aired, no reason to pick a currently airing anime when you dont have any numbers to compare the PTW members to is there?

And if you're refering to the chinese or korean anime challenge, Spiritpact is the Japanese dub of Ling Qi and has it's own entry (for some weird reason), so you would have to watch Ling Qi for that.

*I was confused with the whole conversation because I answered two questions in one message, my bad.

I don't I really understand you ._.... but they said I can watch an ongoing animes for the challenge as long as they finish in 2017

Spiritpact can't be used yet because it isn't listed in the Chinese club. They posted that they're considering it depending on the amount of involvement from China but right now only the ONA version Ling Qi works. (Edit: As for where the confusion started with a mis-quote or a name mix-up somewhere so two separate challenge questions got mixed)
GamerDLMJan 24, 2017 6:28 PM
Jan 24, 2017 7:22 PM

Apr 2014
hey all,

Just wondering if you could give me a recommendation for challenge #59.
i would especialy love it if someone could give me a romance anime that i didn't see yet (though i don't always like shoujo).
thanks in advance!

Jan 24, 2017 7:44 PM

Mar 2016
Shavana said:
hey all,

Just wondering if you could give me a recommendation for challenge #59.
i would especialy love it if someone could give me a romance anime that i didn't see yet (though i don't always like shoujo).
thanks in advance!
i rec
https://myanimelist.net/anime/18245/White_Album_2
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13655/Little_Busters
https://myanimelist.net/anime/12445/Tasogare_Otome_x_Amnesia
Jan 25, 2017 3:39 AM

Jul 2010
Hey, so it's my first time doing AWC and I just want to confirm something: I'm using the spreadsheet and I understand there's no need to edit my sign-up post as I work on the challenges, just my spreadsheet until I'm done, and then just edit the sign-up post and do the turn-in thing. Am I wrong about this?

To clarify: there's no need to update the forum post every time you complete a challenge or something like that as long as you keep track somewhere else, right?

Sorry if it is a stupid question.
Jan 25, 2017 3:50 AM

Oct 2015
erh can someone help me ;-; i forgot what is my post number cri
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jan 25, 2017 3:53 AM

Feb 2010
Scarlett_ryuken said:
erh can someone help me ;-; i forgot what is my post number cri

you mean you don't find your initial post anymore?

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476&show=850#post859

For the future: On your profile you can click 'your forum posts' and then clicking on the anime challenge thread will lead you directly to your post.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 25, 2017 3:54 AM

Oct 2015
and i just found out icould do that rip
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jan 25, 2017 5:05 AM

Aug 2016
Can anyone recommend me an anime for challenge #3(short anime 15min less per ep, more than 6 eps), I'd prefer SoL comedy without much ecchi. Thanks in advance :)

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jan 25, 2017 5:10 AM
Jan 25, 2017 5:17 AM

Jan 2015
for challenge number 68. Watch an anime with a number in it's title would Teekyuu 3 count as it is just a sequel if that doesn't count would ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka

Jan 25, 2017 5:27 AM

Aug 2016

Many thanks, will probably check out Rec or Catman :)

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jan 25, 2017 5:52 AM

Aug 2015
acestrawbs said:
for challenge number 68. Watch an anime with a number in it's title would Teekyuu 3 count as it is just a sequel if that doesn't count would ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka

Both of those titles are valid; so pick the one that you want to watch the most.
Jan 25, 2017 6:54 AM

Sep 2011
For requirement "#11 Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio"

If we're attempting the TV-type restriction, do we watch one of the 5 lowest TV-types? Or does this become an exception?

For me personally, A-1 Pictures is rated my favorite studio but all of its lowest rated anime are only 1 eps.

★ Scavenger Hunts ★
★ Hi-Score Challenge ★
★ Represent AWC Club ★
★ Anime Watching Challenges Club ★
Jan 25, 2017 7:13 AM

Sep 2011
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Please give me a good recommendation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2017 7:22 AM
Jan 25, 2017 8:23 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
SnowC said:
Hey, so it's my first time doing AWC and I just want to confirm something: I'm using the spreadsheet and I understand there's no need to edit my sign-up post as I work on the challenges, just my spreadsheet until I'm done, and then just edit the sign-up post and do the turn-in thing. Am I wrong about this?
To clarify: there's no need to update the forum post every time you complete a challenge or something like that as long as you keep track somewhere else, right?
Sorry if it is a stupid question.

Better ask earlier than wait till the end to fix everything. That's right. Once posted there's no need to edit every time you complete a challenge... but I advise that you at least do this once in a while since there are items that request from others to watch something completed by a participant.

riho88riho said:
For requirement "#11 Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio"
If we're attempting the TV-type restriction, do we watch one of the 5 lowest TV-types? Or does this become an exception?
For me personally, A-1 Pictures is rated my favorite studio but all of its lowest rated anime are only 1 eps.

If you complete the challenge with the TV restriction, for that particular item you should go with the lowest 5 TV

჌ HiScore ჌ LoScore ჌ Auction

჌ Turn-Ins ჌ AWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 25, 2017 9:10 AM

Sep 2011
Sojin said:
Drafell said:
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Please give me a good recommendation.
i rec
https://myanimelist.net/anime/16067/Nagi_no_Asukara
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13601/Psycho-Pass
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30015/ReLIFE

thank you so much
I'll start seeing Nagi in Asukara as soon as possible.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2017 9:44 AM

Jun 2015
Can anybody recommend something Korean?
I watched a Chinese cartoon for last year's challenge, so I'd like to pick the other country this year.
Jan 25, 2017 9:45 AM

Oct 2013
Hello, quick question about challenge #43 Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field. Can I use Koro-sensei from Ansatsu Kyoushitsu?
Jan 25, 2017 9:47 AM

Mar 2016
Wishs said:
Hello, quick question about challenge #43 Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field. Can I use Koro-sensei from Ansatsu Kyoushitsu?
you sure can! he is a teacher and that is a professional field
Jan 25, 2017 9:48 AM

Feb 2010
TrashDax said:
I watched a Chinese cartoon for last year's challenge, so I'd like to pick the other country this year.

If you like psychological/Thriller/misanthropic stuff I can recommend King of the Pigs or Saibi. I think that director is really good.

If you want something a bit more action/sci-fi there's Wonderful Days.

from fantasy slice of life try Mari Iyagi.

For a good looking 3dcgi anime with a cute and touching story try Leafie.

If you want something trashy to laugh at how bad it is, try Armageddon.

And there's also Oseam, but everyone else has been recommending this for Korean anime so that's no fun.
AlcoholicideJan 25, 2017 9:53 AM
Jan 25, 2017 9:50 AM

Oct 2013
Sojin said:
Wishs said:
you sure can! he is a teacher and that is a professional field

Thanks a lot!
The search is finally over
Jan 25, 2017 9:56 AM

Jun 2015
Pullman said:
TrashDax said:

If you like psychological/Thriller/misanthropic stuff I can recommend King of the Pigs or Saibi. I think that director is really good.

If you want something a bit more action/sci-fi there's Wonderful Days.

from fantasy slice of life try Mari Iyagi.

For a good looking 3dcgi anime with a cute and touching story try Leafie.

If you want something trashy to laugh at how bad it is, try Armageddon.

And there's also Oseam, but everyone else has been recommending this for Korean anime so that's no fun.

That's some interesting stuff, thanks. Guess I'll go with Saibi for now.
Jan 25, 2017 9:57 AM

Mar 2016
Does anyone mind recommending me an anime for #59?
I love mystery or comedy anime if that helps ^_^ x

Jan 25, 2017 10:00 AM

Feb 2010
Komaeda_Kun said:

great and very unknown mystery anime
https://myanimelist.net/anime/3859/Himitsu__The_Revelation

very funny comedy (imo)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5005/Tentai_Senshi_Sunred
Jan 25, 2017 10:19 AM

Jul 2010
Need stuff for #59 too. A seinen maybe? Thanks.

SheyCroix said:

Better ask earlier than wait till the end to fix everything. That's right. Once posted there's no need to edit every time you complete a challenge... but I advise that you at least do this once in a while since there are items that request from others to watch something completed by a participant.

Ok, thank you.
Jan 25, 2017 10:28 AM

Dec 2012
Pullman said:
Komaeda_Kun said:

I've actually been eyeing up this one for a while but just not too sure when the right time for it is. Would you say it's a slower paced series?
Jan 25, 2017 10:35 AM

Feb 2010
Ratohnhaketon said:
Pullman said:

I've actually been eyeing up this one for a while but just not too sure when the right time for it is. Would you say it's a slower paced series?

In terms of main plot progression it kinda is. But you get basically one case each episode (sometimes two) and over time the main cast gets more entangled with the main mystery which always stays relevant and becomes the main focus towards the end.

e: I'd say it's definitely a show you can marathon if you get into the groove because the cases are all pretty exciting and the individual episodes didn't feel that slow to me (if you don't like episodic structures at all it might be a different story) but it can also be watched at a slower pace, at least until the final parts, because of said episodic structure.
AlcoholicideJan 25, 2017 10:44 AM
Jan 25, 2017 11:06 AM

Oct 2013
Anyone know anything good for either of these two I can use?
For 30. a Web/Digital/4koma manga adapted series, I feel like I watched most of the 4komas I ever intended to see, so does anyone know some that came from a digital or web series?

For number 43, the one about the main being a professional, I'm looking for something where they have a job, but it still has a plot moving forward rather than just being about their job, I guess? Shows where nothing goes on but the protagonist living their daily life and doing their job/club/being cute bore me easily.
I've officially sworn off of 2016.
Jan 25, 2017 11:12 AM

May 2009
ShadexImpulse said:
For 30. a Web/Digital/4koma manga adapted series, I feel like I watched most of the 4komas I ever intended to see, so does anyone know some that came from a digital or web series?

For number 43, the one about the main being a professional, I'm looking for something where they have a job, but it still has a plot moving forward rather than just being about their job, I guess? Shows where nothing goes on but the protagonist living their daily life and doing their job/club/being cute bore me easily.

well for 43 i think Gate works, not sure if it's your kind of stuff
Jan 25, 2017 11:19 AM

Mar 2016
ShadexImpulse said:

Well, for 30 there is Mob Psycho 100, it's based from a web manga. Could work I think.

Jan 25, 2017 11:31 AM

Oct 2013
protoplasm said:
well for 43 i think Gate works, not sure if it's your kind of stuff

That's pretty right on the nose. Mary Sues are very much not my thing.
Jan 25, 2017 11:41 AM

Sep 2014
Fimblewinter said:
does sequels count as a separate anime E.G
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
and
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II

Yes, sequels count as separate entries. Anything on MAL that is it's own entry can be used as a separate entry.
Jan 25, 2017 11:41 AM

Oct 2013
Fimblewinter said:
does sequels count as a separate anime E.G
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
and
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II

They do count seperately. Like for example, you can't use a whole series overall for the 33/50 episode challenges if the series is split up in different entries. It all has to be one entry for something like that. But you should be able to use different seasons for different numbers if you want.
Jan 25, 2017 11:42 AM

Jul 2012
... and everyone answered at the same time haha.
Jan 25, 2017 2:44 PM

Oct 2013
Fimblewinter said:
thanks to every who answer my question also would anyone recommend me a good harem for the 2017 anime challenge.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476&show=2142

Depends what you want with good. The World God Only Knows is the only show I know with harem elements I'd call good even when compared against non harem series.
If you're looking for something where all the girls are good and likeable, Inou battle wa Nichijou-kei no naka de or Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata. Maybe Noucome too.
If it's "excessively lewd", I think the go to ones for that are highschool dxd, Shinmai Maou no Testament, Masou Gakuen hxh, or Toloveru's sequel, the two Darkness seasons and related OVA episodes.
Jan 25, 2017 4:21 PM
Jul 2015
Yo I got number 59, I Need someone to hook me up with an anime. Thanks :)
Jan 25, 2017 8:20 PM

Oct 2013
SnowC said:

Might I suggest Fate/Zero? I'm a fan of seinen too.
Jan 25, 2017 9:12 PM

Oct 2008
Hey guys! Can you please give me some recommendations for 59? Would prefer things that are not psychological or horror but other than that. Thanks! :)
Jan 25, 2017 9:24 PM

Oct 2014
f
JazzyBee said:
Hey guys! Can you please give me some recommendations for 59? Would prefer things that are not psychological or horror but other than that. Thanks! :)
Non Non Biyori (moe), Wandering Son (drama), Taishou Yakyuu Musume (moe sports and feminism), Rec (romance), The Idolmaster (idols), One Punch Man (action parody), and Sora no Otoshimono (ecchi harem).
Jan 25, 2017 9:44 PM

Oct 2008
zombie_pegasus said:
f
JazzyBee said:
Non Non Biyori (moe), Wandering Son (drama), Taishou Yakyuu Musume (moe sports and feminism), Rec (romance), The Idolmaster (idols), One Punch Man (action parody), and Sora no Otoshimono (ecchi harem).
Thanks for the recommendations Zombie_Pegaus! Going to try one of those.
Jan 25, 2017 11:47 PM

Nov 2016
heya guys, I really love this challenge and for one if it I need a recommended anime for me from you guys. I'd love to see a good horror show for once in a while (not the usual stuff tho have seen all of it) if you have something for me feel free to answer :)
Jan 26, 2017 12:39 AM

Apr 2009
Hello, fellow challenge-goers! Please could I have a recommendation for no.59? Also wouldn't mind a recommendation for an original anime. Not worried about genre, just pick something that you enjoyed! Please refer to my list, as I've already seen a great deal of anime! Many thanks. Happy to recommend in return!
Jan 26, 2017 12:40 AM

Apr 2016
TrueRushed said:
heya guys, I really love this challenge and for one if it I need a recommended anime for me from you guys. I'd love to see a good horror show for once in a while (not the usual stuff tho have seen all of it) if you have something for me feel free to answer :)
What about Corpse Party? I would recommend that if you want horror.
Also, Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories
AkatsukigirlTy said:
Hello, fellow challenge-goers! Please could I have a recommendation for no.59? Also wouldn't mind a recommendation for an original anime. Not worried about genre, just pick something that you enjoyed! Please refer to my list, as I've already seen a great deal of anime! Many thanks. Happy to recommend in return!
ERASED
Death Parade
Patema Inverted
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
TheElevenTailsJan 26, 2017 12:49 AM
Jan 26, 2017 12:46 AM

Apr 2009
TrueRushed said:

Try Shiki. If you can get past the ugly-ass art style, it's a great horror anime.
Jan 26, 2017 12:54 AM

Nov 2016
TheElevenTails said:
TrueRushed said:
What about Corpse Party? I would recommend that if you want horror.
Also, Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories

heya thanks for the recommendations, have seen both of that shows already tho, thank you anyways c:
AkatsukigirlTy said:
TrueRushed said:

Try Shiki. If you can get past the ugly-ass art style, it's a great horror anime.

I have heard much good about this one but couldn't bring myself to watch it, I'll go for it :)
Jan 26, 2017 1:02 AM

Jul 2010
Tpfang56 said:
SnowC said:

Might I suggest Fate/Zero? I'm a fan of seinen too.

Isn't it shonen rather than seinen? I've seen Fate Stay Night a long time ago (don't even have it rated here, seen it before I joined MAL) and didn't like that one at all. But don't get me wrong, I don't dislike shonens for the sake of being shonens or anything. Considering I didn't like FSN, do you think there's any chance that I could like that 2011 version?
Jan 26, 2017 1:05 AM

Apr 2009
AkatsukigirlTy said:

Many thanks! I've decided to watch Patema Inverted and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 48 49 [50] 51 52 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Favorite Spring 2024 OP/ED?

Serafos - Apr 15

23 by IKKIsama »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 12 hours ago

17 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
9 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by palm-tree »»
12 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 4 hours ago

18 by Memore »»
18 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

59 by Saiunknown »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.