Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 125 126 [127] 128 129 » ... Last »
Aug 23, 2017 8:52 AM

Aug 2013
GyakutenSenpai said:
Great recommendations.. You're like a gift send from heaven. Will check out Haikyuu soon. I loved Kuroko no Basket for being so action heavy. I heard Haikyuu has a lot to offer as well!

Started watching Haikyuu last year (used for AWC 2016 - watch a anime tagged as sport), binge watched the crap out of it.

Kuroko no Basket is on my PTW (some day I will catch yup with my others anime to finally start it), but so far Haikyuu is the best Sport anime I have seen in decades.
Aug 23, 2017 10:22 AM

Jan 2017
I haven't said this before, but since the start of this challenge several item's explanations have been updated.

An important update was finally made to #73 so I'm hoping people will read before asking here. For those of you that constantly check the thread and help others (many thanks!) here it is:

#73. Finish an on-hold or dropped anime - the start date of this one can't be during 2017; if you don't have any request for assistance in the discussion thread; the anime can't have just one episode; the anime doesn't need to be on your on-hold/dropped list. Use any that you previously started watching and left without finishing for the longest. It's recommend that you go with an anime NOT started during the year. The use of airings will be frowned upon and you might be asked for your episode history as evidence. You should have at least 3+ months of difference between starting date and ending date.
AWC_modAug 23, 2017 10:25 AM
Aug 24, 2017 5:11 AM

Aug 2013
Karma-Kun_ said:
Can I ask?? When I'm updating my challenge list, should I just edit it on the original post or I need to make a completely new post. Also how do I set my banner (I'm using mobile)?

Tehee!

Edit your original post, only when turning in the completed challenge that a new post is needed. (And make sure to bookmark your post to easily access it )

To use a banner, go to your profile options>My Signature Tab and paste the banner URL inside
[img][/img]

Ex:
Aug 24, 2017 10:55 AM

Aug 2016
For challenge No:6
6. Watch an anime that is related to something you've previously watched - only use anime listed as Sequel, Alternative Setting, Alternative Version, Side Story, Summary or Spin-Off; state the related series if there's more than one listed (the one you previously watched)

Does Danganronpa 3 (Future Act) count for Challenge 6 after watching Danganronpa 3 (Despair Act) ?
Aug 24, 2017 11:03 AM

Aug 2015
GUP_Katyusha said:
For challenge No:6
6. Watch an anime that is related to something you've previously watched - only use anime listed as Sequel, Alternative Setting, Alternative Version, Side Story, Summary or Spin-Off; state the related series if there's more than one listed (the one you previously watched)

Does Danganronpa 3 (Future Act) count for Challenge 6 after watching Danganronpa 3 (Despair Act) ?

Yeah it counts. Mirai-hen is the sequel of Zetsubou-hen.
Aug 24, 2017 2:49 PM

Feb 2013
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Please I need something not Aired in 2017 or 2016 thanks :) .
Aug 24, 2017 6:10 PM

Feb 2013
Phlippy said:
Ao said:
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Please I need something not Aired in 2017 or 2016 thanks :) .

FLCL
Hibike Euphonium
Inferno Cop
Kaiba
Space Dandy

Hope there's something you might enjoy :D

Thanks I will pick something asap :) .
Aug 24, 2017 9:14 PM

Aug 2016
Just wondering, does watching a second season count or does it have to be the first season?
Heya, I'm Mystic, the NSFW voice actress & anime girl streamer!
https://twitter.com/MagicalMysticVA
https://discord.gg/uy6vSyH
Aug 24, 2017 9:28 PM

Mar 2016
DarkAnimeAngel said:
Just wondering, does watching a second season count or does it have to be the first season?
Yes watching a second season will count, as long as its 2 different entries on MAL

ex.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28171/Shokugeki_no_Souma
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32282/Shokugeki_no_Souma__Ni_no_Sara
Aug 25, 2017 3:18 AM

Mar 2016
Hello,
the review i used for #63. Watch an anime that was recently reviewed, is gone.
I watched Boku dake ga Inai Machi for this item.
Should i watch a new Anime, or search for a new review of Boku dake ga Inai Machi?

Thanks for your help^^
Aug 25, 2017 3:44 AM

Aug 2013
Flimmer said:
Hello,
the review i used for #63. Watch an anime that was recently reviewed, is gone.
I watched Boku dake ga Inai Machi for this item.
Should i watch a new Anime, or search for a new review of Boku dake ga Inai Machi?

Thanks for your help^^

If the review is gone and you don't have at least a screenshot, I would suggest watching something new. The more the merrier :P (And don't forget to take a screenshot this time ^^)
Aug 25, 2017 6:58 AM

Feb 2013
24. Watch an anime with 33 episodes or more

Does it have to be only one season or seasons are included ?

Aug 25, 2017 7:02 AM

Jul 2014
@Ao
It has to be one entry in MAL database. Some anime have multiple season, but are listed as one entry, other have one entry for each season.

You just have to look at the number of episodes on anime page.
Aug 25, 2017 7:04 AM

Apr 2010
Ao said:
24. Watch an anime with 33 episodes or more
Does it have to be only one season or seasons are included ?

It needs all to be in one MAL entries ; series with separate seasons won't count.
Aug 25, 2017 7:04 AM

Feb 2013
mozgow said:
@Ao
It has to be one entry in MAL database. Some anime have multiple season, but are listed as one entry, other have one entry for each season.

You just have to look at the number of episodes on anime page.

Ok thank you :) .

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Aug 25, 2017 7:15 AM

Aug 2013
@Ao

If you want some suggestion's for challenge 24**:

Hetalia Axis Powers (52epi, 5min each)
Yowamushi Pedal (38, 24min )
Macross (36, 26min )
Mobile Suit Gundam (43, 25min)
Great Teacher Onizuka (43, 25min)

jhoson14Aug 25, 2017 9:14 AM
Aug 25, 2017 8:04 AM

Feb 2013
jhoson14 said:
@Ao

If you want some suggestion's for challenge 33:

Hetalia Axis Powers (52epi, 5min each)
Yowamushi Pedal (38, 24min )
Macross (36, 26min )
Mobile Suit Gundam (43, 25min)
Great Teacher Onizuka (43, 25min)

Oh thanks I will try to pick something from those then .
Aug 25, 2017 9:41 PM
Feb 2017
When looking at my Bingo Card (on Google Sheets), I noticed that there is something weird with #24: Watch an Anime with 33 or more episodes.

Image of my problem: http://imgur.com/a/g8MG0

Basically, its showing Kingdom in red on there, but im unsure why. Its not duped anywhere else, its 38 episodes, the syntac for finding it is the same as the other ones. Its not red on the challenge sheet where I input the data.

Is it just as simple of a fix as changing the color and going about on my way or would this affect me when turning it in?
Aug 26, 2017 4:39 AM

Jan 2011
Can anyone recommend me a good anime for #60?
Watch an anime that another user has completed for this challenge
for me a good anime has interesting characters and story.

I'm using Excel sheets for the bingo card, what should I write by status? For now, I'll put start date and end date of the show.
crockmezAug 26, 2017 4:46 AM
Aug 26, 2017 5:13 AM
Aug 26, 2017 5:48 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Woefinder said:
When looking at my Bingo Card (on Google Sheets), I noticed that there is something weird with #24: Watch an Anime with 33 or more episodes.

Basically, its showing Kingdom in red on there, but im unsure why. Its not duped anywhere else, its 38 episodes, the syntac for finding it is the same as the other ones. Its not red on the challenge sheet where I input the data.

Is it just as simple of a fix as changing the color and going about on my way or would this affect me when turning it in?

@Conde_Mohr

I don't think there will be any problems when turning-in as long as you can manually fix whatever happened and add the correct info.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Aug 26, 2017 7:15 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
SheyCroix said:
Woefinder said:

@Conde_Mohr

I don't think there will be any problems when turning-in as long as you can manually fix whatever happened and add the correct info.

@Woefinder (In case you didn't read this)

First things first, the calc sheet doesn't look if the anime is correct or not. The only situation in which it should be red is if the name of the anime is repeated. That said, the whole row should be red, not just one anime (I'm unable to reproduce your error in Excel). Seing how Google Sheets doesn't handle conditional formatting the same way Excel does, it's probably some type of incompatibility with conditional formatting (which shouldn't translate to an error in the automatic post, and definitely isn't going to translate to an invalid item).
Conde_MohrAug 26, 2017 12:57 PM

Aug 26, 2017 7:36 AM

May 2017
Came here to ask about challenge #15

The anime which I chose for this challenge is Mobile Suit Gundam and I'm not sure if it will qualify. It began airing in 1979 and ended in 1980. Can someone make sure for me that this anime will work for the challenge?
Aug 26, 2017 7:43 AM

Jul 2014
@Teragat
15. Watch an anime which began airing between 1960 and 1979
So it doesn't matter when it finished as long as it began airing in that range.
Aug 26, 2017 7:45 AM

May 2017
mozgow said:
@Teragat
15. Watch an anime which began airing between 1960 and 1979
So it doesn't matter when it finished as long as it began airing in that range.

Thank you, I just wasn't sure if the challenge meant in-between these 2 dates or with them included.
Aug 27, 2017 1:50 AM
Feb 2017
Conde_Mohr said:
SheyCroix said:

@Conde_Mohr

@Woefinder (In case you didn't read this)

First things first, the calc sheet doesn't look if the anime is correct or not. The only situation in which it should be red is if the name of the anime is repeated. That said, the whole row should be red, not just one anime (I'm unable to reproduce your error in Excel). Seing how Google Sheets doesn't handle conditional formatting the same way Excel does, it's probably some type of incompatibility with conditional formatting (which shouldn't translate to an error in the automatic post, and definitely isn't going to translate to an invalid item).

@SheyCroix as well

So playing around with its status in the document leads me to believe that that red is just cosmetic. I cant change it from that, but if I were to put completed, it does register it as such. So considering that the only thing wrong is what I showed, it looks like its really nothing.
Aug 27, 2017 2:29 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
Woefinder said:
@SheyCroix as well

So playing around with its status in the document leads me to believe that that red is just cosmetic. I cant change it from that, but if I were to put completed, it does register it as such. So considering that the only thing wrong is what I showed, it looks like its really nothing.

Yes, as I said, it's most likely something about conditional formatting (which is cosmetic), and there shouldn't be more errors related to that. Sorry that I don't know how to fix it (I can't reproduce it in the first place).

Aug 27, 2017 2:57 AM
Feb 2017
Conde_Mohr said:
Woefinder said:
@SheyCroix as well

Yes, as I said, it's most likely something about conditional formatting (which is cosmetic), and there shouldn't be more errors related to that. Sorry that I don't know how to fix it (I can't reproduce it in the first place).

Ok, I gotcha now. Sorry about that, I guess the wires werent sparking in my head properly. At least im glad to know that its nothing that will affect me.

Also, since I am still here, I might as well ask if there is an easy way to figure out #60: Watch an anime that another user has completed for this challenge. Does it have to be from a user who has completed their card, or could it be from someone who may or may not finish (I.e. They are currently not done).
Aug 27, 2017 5:00 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
Woefinder said:
Also, since I am still here, I might as well ask if there is an easy way to figure out #60: Watch an anime that another user has completed for this challenge. Does it have to be from a user who has completed their card, or could it be from someone who may or may not finish (I.e. They are currently not done).

The person needs to have completed the anime you choose, but they don't need to have finished their card (imagine what would happen if the first person doing the challenge couldn't complete it because nobody finished it earlier than them).

Aug 27, 2017 6:08 AM

Aug 2016
For Challenge No: 1
Watch an ONA or stand-alone OVA - stand-alone refers to no related anime; if it has an adaptation listed that's okay

Does "Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!" count as a "Stand-a-lone OVA?"
Aug 27, 2017 7:43 AM

Oct 2015
GUP_Katyusha said:
Watch an ONA or stand-alone OVA - stand-alone refers to no related anime; if it has an adaptation listed that's okay

Does "Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!" count as a "Stand-a-lone OVA?"

short answer: no cause its related to girls und panzer
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 27, 2017 7:45 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
GUP_Katyusha said:

No, since it has related anime listed.

[edit: well, someone answered while I read the thread :'D]

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Aug 27, 2017 11:04 AM

Aug 2016
Scarlett_ryuken said:
GUP_Katyusha said:

Scarlett_ryuken said:
GUP_Katyusha said:

Does "Toki wa Meguru: Tokyo Station" even if it's just 5 minutes?
Aug 27, 2017 1:22 PM
꧁ marr

Sep 2014
" #43 Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field"

Does Speed Grapher count? (Veteran War Journalist)

Or does it really have to be doctor/teacher where you need some sort of specific degree for? I can't imagine everyone is cut out for (war) photography though XD

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
♫♫♫

Aug 27, 2017 5:29 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
GUP_Katyusha said:
Scarlett_ryuken said:
Does "Toki wa Meguru: Tokyo Station" even if it's just 5 minutes?

Works since it's an ONA. For that one the duration doesn't matter.

lifeiscrazy said:
" #43 Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field" Does Speed Grapher count? (Veteran War Journalist) Or does it really have to be doctor/teacher where you need some sort of specific degree for? I can't imagine everyone is cut out for (war) photography though XD

I haven't seen this but it seems valid using Kagura Tennouzu (CEO). There seems that the 2 guys MC have some sort of valid job but I don't want to get more spoiled finding what it was.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Aug 27, 2017 10:47 PM
May 2014
So, I was sorta wondering, for stuff like the 50 episode anime, would it be ok for me to pick a series where I've only watched the first episode? Cuz I'm considering picking FMA Brotherhood for that one, but I've already watched episode 1 of that, so I was just wondering if that would be ok.
MegapalaAug 28, 2017 2:34 AM
Aug 28, 2017 5:04 AM

Apr 2011
Megapala said:
So, I was sorta wondering, for stuff like the 50 episode anime, would it be ok for me to pick a series where I've only watched the first episode? Cuz I'm considering picking FMA Brotherhood for that one, but I've already watched episode 1 of that, so I was just wondering if that would be ok.

As long as you have watched this one episode in 2017, you should be fine. If you did not start it in 2017, re-watch the first episode to be sure that you have seen the whole thing this year.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Aug 28, 2017 12:05 PM

Jun 2015
GyakutenSenpai said:
"Each anime can only be used once within the challenge."

Does that mean that let's say Haikyuu can be a valid entry, but when I've used it for one of the numbers I can't use Haikyuu Season 2 for another, or would Season 2 count as a "new anime"?

Each database entry counts as a different anime, so Haikyuu Season 2 is eligible.
Aug 30, 2017 12:13 AM

Oct 2015
59 | Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

You guys can recommend me some animes, Im open to all that are up to about 24 episodes or such whether its on my PTW or not.

Thanks to vanitystar for making it
Aug 30, 2017 1:32 AM
Aug 30, 2017 4:48 AM

Oct 2015
sooo since the major has purple hair, and purple is an unnatural hair colour, i can use stand alone complex for
"71. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't have a natural hair color "

ye?
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 30, 2017 4:56 AM

Aug 2015
Scarlett_ryuken said:
sooo since the major has purple hair, and purple is an unnatural hair colour, i can use stand alone complex for
"71. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't have a natural hair color "

ye?

Yeah, you can use Stand Alone Complex. Do not forget to mention the name of "Motoko Kusanagi" on your challenge post.
Aug 30, 2017 3:14 PM
Aug 2017
can anyone recommend maybe a 12 episode long anime that I have not watched for challenge #59? i just joined MAL, I normally use anime planet so here is a list of things I have already watched: http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Chiifox/anime/watched
Aug 30, 2017 3:37 PM

Nov 2007
Could someone recommend me an anime please? Preferably slice of life or anything cute and around 12 episodes! :)
Aug 30, 2017 3:41 PM

Jan 2009
hi! i need an anime that hasn't been reviewed, do you know any good ones? or decent ones?
Aug 30, 2017 3:50 PM

Aug 2015
-Annie said:
Could someone recommend me an anime please? Preferably slice of life or anything cute and around 12 episodes! :)

From your PTW:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/486/Kino_no_Tabi__The_Beautiful_World
https://myanimelist.net/anime/16918/Gin_no_Saji
https://myanimelist.net/anime/23289/Gekkan_Shoujo_Nozaki-kun (No slice of life tag on MAL)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2924/ef__A_Tale_of_Memories (No slice of life tag on MAL)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/14741/Chuunibyou_demo_Koi_ga_Shitai
https://myanimelist.net/anime/21405/Bokura_wa_Minna_Kawaisou
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22789/Barakamon (cute)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32491/Kanojo_to_Kanojo_no_Neko__Everything_Flows
https://myanimelist.net/anime/11887/Kokoro_Connect
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10379/Natsume_Yuujinchou_San
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31953/New_Game (cute)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/387/Haibane_Renmei (cute)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/17549/Non_Non_Biyori (cute)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10162/Usagi_Drop (cute)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30015/ReLIFE

danielamaghini said:
hi! i need an anime that hasn't been reviewed, do you know any good ones? or decent ones?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/32915/Durararax2_Ketsu__Dufufufu?q=durarara
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33729/Chain_Chronicle__Haecceitas_no_Hikari_Part_2?q=chain%20chr
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34589/Onihei__Sono_Otoko_Heizou_Hasegawa?q=onihei (not seen)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31552/Durararax2_Ten__Onoroke_Chakapoko?q=durarara%20ten
Aug 30, 2017 3:50 PM

Aug 2013
-Annie said:

Some recommendations for you ^^ :

Usagi Drop
Tsuki ga Kirei
Amaama to Inazuma
Non Non Biyori
Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka
Barakamon

Aug 30, 2017 7:13 PM
Aug 2017
asking again - sorry- but does anyone know of a good anime with less that 5,000 members on mal?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 125 126 [127] 128 129 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Disney Japan Executive Promises to Censor Anime ( 1 2 )

rohan121 - Yesterday

54 by rohan121 »»
2 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 3 )

707supremacist - May 5

111 by dk107_ »»
4 minutes ago

» What is the biggest problem in the world of anime in your opinion? ( 1 2 )

castle2001 - May 5

63 by APolygons2 »»
4 minutes ago

» Does fanfiction have any relevance to anime?

Sanjay63773 - 10 hours ago

7 by tchitchouan »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime you’ve been with for a while

Yonahim_Zz - 6 hours ago

11 by tchitchouan »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.