Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 16, 2016 6:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, that Saint-Germi guy is hilarious. Easily becoming one of my favorite characters in this series now.

Besides the comedy, we also get a bit of strategic battle analysis. Shimazu kicked some ass as usual. Oda and Saint-Germi had some tense and humorous exchanges while we get more buildup for the final battles. One more episode left D:

Can't wait to see Shimazu, Yoichi, etc get into action. They look fired up!
Dec 16, 2016 7:17 AM

Dec 2014
This episode was awesome, So much hype. XD

The opening sequence with Germi talking about the trio's impact in the real worlds was pretty funny.

The meeting scene was epic, Toyohisa just walked in beheaded soldiers and started smashing the face of that puppet man without a care in the world.
Oda's analysis of that situation and Toyohisa's personality was really nice, That face he made when he made his declaration to Rasputin. XD

This battle got me so hyped, I love how each of the Drifters lead their own team. The first volley of fire with Oda saying "Hold it Hold it" was so hype.
Oda's little speech about the real strength of firearms in inducing fear was pretty awesome, Toyohisa's charge post that was super hype as well.

This finale is gonna be epic.
Dec 16, 2016 7:35 AM

Dec 2015
I was giggling the entire time with Rasputin's reaction, Toyohisa and Nobunaga sure know how to make a good first impression.
With the three of them commanding the army, I don't think it'll be hard to take the capital. I wonder if Hijikata will go for Toyohisa.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 16, 2016 7:36 AM

Dec 2014
seems this was the second last episode...it so does not seem that way though
Dec 16, 2016 8:03 AM

Sep 2016
This episode was pure PERFECTION.
Dec 16, 2016 8:12 AM

Mar 2014
Each and every episode of this series has just left me engrossed throughout the entire episode. Hopefully season 2 will come soon after the success of the first season.
Dec 16, 2016 8:30 AM

Dec 2012
I love Nobunaga's strategic savagery
Dec 16, 2016 8:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nobunaga always thinking up the others. Strategies destinated to do Toyohisa more perfect!!!
i wait Annibal do in the next episode, estragically speaking!!!
Dec 16, 2016 9:23 AM

Jun 2015
I'm not a fan of Saint Germi but he is a whole different story with Nobunaga.

Toyohisa was over the top awesome this episode.

They roasted Rasputin oh this was hilarious.

All the crazy laughs and funny faces were the highlight of the episode. My all favorite episode of the series. Sadly it ends next week and it looks like we don't get to see the hobbits this season.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 16, 2016 9:26 AM

Jun 2015
DMind said:
Each and every episode of this series has just left me engrossed throughout the entire episode. Hopefully season 2 will come soon after the success of the first season.

not likely I checked when at the beginning of fall season when the anime caught my eye and there weren't enough chapters to make a second season before a at least three seasons.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 16, 2016 9:31 AM

Sep 2014
So Saint-germi knows hannibal is with the team. Just wait for the reunion of scipio and him :D Perfect strategics, perfect troop leaders.
The finale will be pure hype. im sad its already over.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 16, 2016 9:38 AM

May 2015
Only one episode left. It's fine show.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 16, 2016 10:21 AM

Dec 2016
Decent episode

I like I'm liking the novel strategies that were implemented in this battle by Nobunaga.
The Goblins did not know what to do they were confused, I think because they are used to conventional war.

I like how Rasputin see's the Drifters as crazy, but aren't the ends also crazy?

Damn one more episode next and then that is a wrap we may have to wait another 3 years.
Dec 16, 2016 10:23 AM

Sep 2014
Only one episode left.I really liked the episode.Rasputin's reaction when Toyohisa slaughtered his soldiers was priceless.Black King's army marched in Orte's Empire capital,but Toyohisa ambushed them.Hijikata looks interesting and he seems to know Toyohisa as well.I expect a great battle between the two next week.
Dec 16, 2016 10:45 AM

Jun 2015
This episode was awesome. Toyohisa just beheaded those soldiers and smashing the face of the minion without caring. Nobunaga taunting Rasputin was great. The buildup for the volley of gunfire was really exiting. Everyone's reaction when the guns were fired was pretty much the same. They were all shocked by the sheer power of it. The finale is going to be epic.
Dec 16, 2016 10:49 AM

Jun 2013
YEY!!! NEW EPISODE!!

Hmm...Shimazu might have Crushed Tokugawas troops...but Tokugawa got the Japan and empire Seat....and They ruled Japan 400-500 Years... But damn..Shimazu are still aalive actually. Don't have any Power tough after 1947 consolation or something tough.

Saint Germini character is Hilarious tough sure as hell was like this in real life...hell Nobu and Co also weren't but you get what I meant...Hilarious

And Here is Rapustin!!! BK ARMY IS HERE!!!! Drifters VErsus KOKU OU GUNTAN!!! ROUND 2! Goblins did not Stand a Chance against Toyo! XD Rasputin's arrogance died right now! XD AND NOBU IS TROLLING HIM AS MUCH HE CAN!

and HIJIKATA VERSUS TOYOHISA!!! DAMN THIS WILL BE AWESOME!
JarjaxleDec 16, 2016 11:14 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 16, 2016 11:07 AM

Feb 2014
Rasputin greatly underestimated the Drifters. Sure, his plan sounded all sneaky and well executed, but he was brutally put in his place by Toyohisa, who made quick work of his puppet, and Nobunaga, who's taunting face was simply awesome. =)

Saint-Germi's army have all the strength and muscles, but all of them were topless. Pretty amusing to see the other's reactions upon seeing this. ^^

Either way, the three-way formation in taking down the goblins was bloody brilliant. This is setting up to be a really good finale to Drifters and I hope it'll get a second season once there is more source material to adapt.

Great episode overall. =)
Dec 16, 2016 11:13 AM

Aug 2016
RA RA RASPUTIN, LOVER OF THE RUSSIAN QUEEN.

Anyway. I really like the way that Nobunaga strategizes - without him, I don't think that the Drifters would have all that much chance at winning against the Ends. Toyohisa is as straight-forward with his blade as always, though I wish that there was more screen-time for Yoichi. Out of the other two, he seems to be getting the least attention during the show?

Once we seize space, we'll all...
Dec 16, 2016 11:40 AM

Jul 2013
The way Toyohisa and Nobunaga roasted Rasputin was friggin amazing. Loved how he was all smug and arorgant at first but after they put him in his place in the most humilliant way, he wasn't that happy.

Nobunaga's strategies are incredible. He managed to defeat those troops even when his men were unexperienced in the usage of fire arms, and with an astounding superiority. I agree with the user above who say the Drifters wouldn't have reach this far without him.

Want to see the Hijikata vs Toyohisa next episode.
Dec 16, 2016 11:55 AM
Apr 2016
Just remember that Rasputin is not even an End. He is there behind the Black King for an unknown reason. He even expressed gratitude for the wrecking of French duo.
Also could anyone explain the connection between Shimazu and Hijikata? Did they wipe out Shinsengumi?
Daniel_NaumovDec 16, 2016 11:58 AM
Re:formed
Dec 16, 2016 12:30 PM

Jan 2012
Well infiltrating the capital sure was easy. Defending it? Not so much, but the guns sure help! XD
Dec 16, 2016 12:37 PM

Sep 2015
Lol topless soldiers from Count Germi
Dec 16, 2016 12:55 PM

Dec 2008
That was ... umm ... quite an army Count Saint-Germi had there.
Dec 16, 2016 12:56 PM

Sep 2013
Germi couldn't get full control over the state since black king had the same plan.
Rasputin btfo by toyohisa and the muskets instill fear, wonder how the black king will counter that.

Gay army soldiers.
Dec 16, 2016 1:08 PM

Jun 2013
So the plan to take over the Orte capital by the Ends ended up being wrecked with the Drifters marching in with their elven dwarven army which now has a gay special forces team in it thanks to Count Saint Gay. Saint Germi probably spent all the state's money on his makeup instead of increasing his army to at least more than 500. And Nobunaga hands those 500 men those newly made muskets with one hell of a recoil for these newbies. That was pretty brutal how they defeated those Ends forces. Bullets from the front, arrows from above, and then to wrap things up, dwarves and a Toyoshisa charging at them. That's how you nekoing annihilate an army. These badasses are too much.
Dec 16, 2016 2:29 PM

Jun 2014
Idk why it feels like they'd need more than one episode to finish this up. Eh whatever, lets wait and see how the finale plays out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 16, 2016 2:44 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Great episode
Though the coup did not go as the count planned
watching Toyo and co humiliate Rasputin was worth it
The battle against the black kings vanguard though was well done
that emphasizes the strength of each of the races and the skills of the drifters.
The strategic mind of Nobu whose tactics here is the same as the one he used at
Nagashino, The archery skills of Yoichi and courage and guts of Toyo.

Looking forward to seeing how how Rasputin and Hijikata can salvage this disaster if theirs.

Lol bad mistake for the guard in stopping that carriage
using the count to sneak a force directly into the capital eh
a pretty daring plan

hmm a coup eh
well the only logical choice of action will be that after all
Toyo sure has faith in his clan but unfortunately for him history did not end that way.

Lol the count sure is knowledgeable about drifters though
Nobu is right about the count though
He looks set to betray you as soon as he gets what he wants
So the count is a drifter as well eh

And just like that he announces the end of the empire in the meeting
as casually as he was discussing something more simple lol

lol the count doesn't Minsk his words at all
taking down the guards as the meeting goes on eh
just as expected of a coup
hmm and there goes his plan that got derailed by the puppet master of the Black king.

Hmm so the puppet master was Rasputin eh
just like his real world self who was good at controlling people
it seems that the count does know him

Lol the black king and Rasputin had the exact same idea as Toyo and the others did Things will be messy

But it seems you underestimated the powers of the drifters or their prowess
in combat. After all you have so far been fighting small nations that uses conventional tactics and arms and not drifters who are all peerless warriors
with years of experience in war.

lol Toyo completely ignoring Rasputin as he trashes his minion
how humiliating for Rasputin eh

And lol Rasputin has completely played into Toyo and Nobu's plans
the perfect justification to take over the country and address the problem
of the black king and the ends lol.

Seeing Rasputin who's usually icy calm and logical throw a tantrum though was quite funny. But the Black king is right. No matter how good a strategist you are you cannot foresee every eventuality.

Man the black king sure is merciless
so in total Toyo and Nobu have at max just four hundred troops to hold the capital eh.

The black king is bound to have sent triple that number to take the capital
this will be a tough fight.
lol Nobu and the count arguing about army sizes.
So thats the reason why the count has so few troops lol
well thats another 500 added so thats 900 vs a lot more

Still battles aren't won by numbers alone
but by intel and strategy
if only Hannibal was somewhat stable then they could have used his mind

Good they managed to make the rifles
but training the to use them effectively will be more crucial
lets hope they know how to use them

Lol Toyo and the dwarf really do get on
but man being able to replicate a rifle is no small feat

Rifleman, Elven archers and Dwarf axemen
now thats an army
Looking forward to see how this plays out

Nobu is always good with his speeches
and this time its no exception

My the Tanegashima are devastating
combine that with flanking archers and the enemy advance is immediately halted
and finally a charge by Toyo's dwarven shock troops will seal this victory
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2016 4:10 PM

May 2015
Only one episode left it seems. I wonder how they will wrap it up? This was a great episode though.

Dec 16, 2016 4:19 PM

Jun 2013
topless soldiers lol seriously man!
Dec 16, 2016 6:07 PM

Oct 2015
Hijikata vs Toyohisa for the finale :)
Dec 16, 2016 6:50 PM

Mar 2016
The best part about the gay special forces is that they were a real unit somewhere in the ancient world and were famous for their effectiveness on the battlefield

Although the original group was only 150 but the more sausages the better I guess

Aure0linDec 16, 2016 6:57 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Dec 16, 2016 7:28 PM

Aug 2013
poppyface said:
The best part about the gay special forces is that they were a real unit somewhere in the ancient world and were famous for their effectiveness on the battlefield

Although the original group was only 150 but the more sausages the better I guess

It was 150 couples, so 300 hundred man.
Dec 16, 2016 9:24 PM

Jul 2016
This is clearly getting a second season.
Dec 16, 2016 9:31 PM

Dec 2014
Vindicater said:
This is clearly getting a second season.
I really hope so with one episode to go don't know how will ths season conclude....
Dec 16, 2016 10:13 PM
Jul 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Just remember that Rasputin is not even an End. He is there behind the Black King for an unknown reason. He even expressed gratitude for the wrecking of French duo.
Also could anyone explain the connection between Shimazu and Hijikata? Did they wipe out Shinsengumi?

Actually, the only neutral historical figure was Yoshitsune. Rasputin, Hijikata, Anatasia, Gilles and Joah are all Ends.
Dec 16, 2016 10:38 PM
May 2014
MonkeyDMike said:
Hijikata looks interesting and he seems to know Toyohisa as well.

Shingster said:

Toyo sure has faith in his clan but unfortunately for him history did not end that way.

Some historical things to remember/know about Shimazu clan and Satsuma.
People from Satsuma helped overthrow the Tokugawa shogunate and kick off the Meiji restoration.
Hijikata would not know Toyohisa personally, but as part of the Shinsengumi (hired by the Tokuguawa shogunate), he would have had to fight against the Satsuma forces (who were backed by the Shimazu clan).

Not only that, it was a princess from the Shimazu clan (Atsu-hime), who wedded one of the last Tokugawa shogun, who helped mediate a surrender of Edo castle without bloodshed.

Shimazu clan is still alive and kicking. Not only that, there is a fair bit of Shimazu bloodline in the current Japanese Imperial family. If Toyo knew that the Tokugawa clan now is at the same level as his clan, he would be laughing his head off.
v4gundamV2Dec 16, 2016 10:53 PM
Dec 16, 2016 11:14 PM

Jun 2016
can someone tell what is saint germi talking about oda nobunaga ?

what oda nobunaga remember as in our world

sry bad english...
Dec 17, 2016 12:33 AM

Mar 2013
Just one more episode and I'll be finally done with this anime.
Dec 17, 2016 1:37 AM

Mar 2008
zhaoyun99 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Actually, the only neutral historical figure was Yoshitsune. Rasputin, Hijikata, Anatasia, Gilles and Joah are all Ends.

That seems up in the air. Germain seems to know Rasputin personally, and was surprised/did not know that he had 'become' or 'joined' the Ends. As they lived in different times, their familiarity makes it likely they met or even worked together in this world prior to the Black King's coming.

So perhaps the difference between an End and Drifter only comes down to their eventual allegiance. Their sender (Murasaki or Easy) presumably has a big influence on their nature though.

TEC_TEC said:

sry bad english...
Seemed like a bunch of pop-culture references. I think the last with the chopped in half and tea is a nod to Hyouge Mono, could be totally wrong though.
CkanDec 17, 2016 1:42 AM
Dec 17, 2016 2:09 AM

Jun 2016
can someone tell me who is saint germi is ?
Dec 17, 2016 4:12 AM
Apr 2015
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_of_St._Germain

here.
I only give 3 ratings on any show I watch

10 = Enjoyed it

5 = Average

1 = Hated it
Dec 17, 2016 4:33 AM

Jul 2014
Lots of unnecessary humour as usual, but the ending of the episode was pretty awesome and should make for an exciting conclusion, even if in the grand scheme of things very little is actually concluded.
Dec 17, 2016 4:43 AM

May 2016
I fell like it was a Mount and Blade. I did same strategy in every battle :D
Dec 17, 2016 5:11 AM
May 2016
Saint's Germi conversations really are hilarious with his topless army. Quite amazing how things turned out, their coup d'etat was interfered by the ends, though it seems they failed to take over the city so they end up to destroy it instead. Oda with his badass strategies, they made a network like communication using the crystal ball, Olmine as the server. Looking forward for the last episode.
Dec 17, 2016 6:30 AM
Jun 2014
As expected they have made all non Japanese drifters boring and are not doing anything with them. it would have been better if Hannibal did something.
Dec 17, 2016 10:08 AM
Jul 2016
Ckan said:
zhaoyun99 said:

That seems up in the air. Germain seems to know Rasputin personally, and was surprised/did not know that he had 'become' or 'joined' the Ends. As they lived in different times, their familiarity makes it likely they met or even worked together in this world prior to the Black King's coming.

So perhaps the difference between an End and Drifter only comes down to their eventual allegiance. Their sender (Murasaki or Easy) presumably has a big influence on their nature though.

TEC_TEC said:

sry bad english...
Seemed like a bunch of pop-culture references. I think the last with the chopped in half and tea is a nod to Hyouge Mono, could be totally wrong though.

As a manga reader, I can easily reassure you that Rasputin was an Ends since

1) He had superpower that related to his "witch legend" and Easy usually granted her ends super power unlike Drifters.

2) He had a complete loyalty toward Black King unlike Yoshitsune who was just a wanderer from both sides.

Drifters, unless they are a legend figure like Abe no Seimei, they had next to zero super power.
Dec 17, 2016 10:58 AM

Aug 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:

Well Shinsengumi were shogunate state police, while Satsuma domain were one of main draft-horses of "imperial" restoration. Its natural for Hijikata to hate Shimazu clan, maybe he was even executed by their soldiers. He will definitely go for Toyohisa next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2016 11:38 AM

Apr 2010
I wonder who Saint-Germi actually is...
Dec 17, 2016 4:52 PM
Jul 2016
For those who didn't get the Laser eyes that Cout St. Gemi related too, here it is. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q--VLBAYwKQ
Dec 18, 2016 4:47 AM

Nov 2011
Will there be an actual good action next ep? I'm tired of elementary strategies that only works when the enemies are ignorant weaklings and the heroes have the only one who know strategy. Defeating countless weaklings gets boring quick.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Drifters Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

205 by nick_el_son »»
Jan 19, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

167 by JackFrost1267 »»
Jan 3, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

119 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 16, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

92 by fathandz »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.