Forums

Studio Trigger and Gainax are amazing but for different reasons

New
Nov 9, 2016 2:44 AM

Jan 2011
Kotyo Animation
Bones
Madhouse
A-1 Pictures(when they're actually trying)
Gainax
Production I.G.

Some know me as a huge supporter for Trigger...and after finishing Little Witch Acaedmia(Both movies)....I am all aboard their train and I want to lead it. Gainax being a different beast since I end up finding their shows by mistake and end up loving them. These two in my opinion are the reason I am still an anime fan. I also feel they are carrying the industry on their back with slight assistance from Production I.G. But you know what? After finishing Little Witch Acaedmia....I sat down and wonder why do I enjoy the work of these two companies so much?

It isn't just pretty colors and silky smooth action scenes. But I am padding here and need to get on with it. So what makes both of these companies amazing but different reasons. Let's start with trigger.

1. Original shows with really strong premises.

Little Witch Acaedmia, Kill la Kill, and Kiznavier are all original shows that have super strong premises that grip from episode 1.(Fuck you three episode rule). This is important because the viewer should be entrain from the get go not by episode 5 or 8. These shows for better or for worst pull you in.

2. The characters in general are dynamic but their approach to female characters is really amazing.

Ryuko, Akko, Nico, and that other glasses chick from Kiznavier I forgot about are very different and dynamic female characters that are attractive in their own way without having to force it. Each female character in their shows look different unique and has something you'll remember about them. You may like Sucy and her ghostly movements. Or Mako and her revelation moments. OR...Nico just being Nico and overly bubbly.

I could give you a third reason but I want to keep this short and to the point. The third reason kind of ties into both of them. But let's move on to Gainax.

1. Directing and framing

Now this may sound weird but follow along my friends. Gainix has some of the best directing I have seen in anime. Each shot tells you something and leads smoothly into the next scene now I could link you Digibro's videos about EVA. But let's FLCL and PSG. For PSG you get this strong panning shot that shows you how shit the city is and then you get your characters in this very flashy and over the top scene being introduce. This into their masterful framing device. Within one line of we know our characters. Stocking the lazy and sugar craze bitch. Panty the lazy slutty fallen angel. Garterbelt the hard nose black priest with a sick afro. That is all you need to know...until episode 5. Now how about FLCL....I'll keep this one show and just tell you to watch episode 3 of that show.

(And be fore you ask this is what a framing device is "The Framing Device is a narrative technique in which a story is surrounded ("framed") by a secondary story, creating a story within a story, often through Separate Scene Storytelling. The inner story is usually the bulk of the work. The framing device places the inside story within a different context.")

2. Their bizarre endings

I don't think I need to say much here.....but I will say that the creator of FNAF must have been a fan of their shows.

But let me get to my final and big reason they ate amazing.

3. Both studios understand western media and culture.

They have done what I think would never be possible. And before you say anything yes I know Studio Gibil and Production I.G. are not far behind in this department. But back to these two companies. The references and flat out basing an artstyle off one of the best action cartoons of the 90s. These companies have made a connection with the West they'll never lose. I feel with anything when trying to appeal to a mass media market you should always connect with more than just your base. For example, I obviously got a lot of fans of my written content in UK and US. But thanks to some friends and me studying Spanish I got a decent following in many Spanish speaking countries. Trigger and Gainax are the only two companies in my opinion that get this.

TL:DR

If you made it this far you're fucking awesome. Anyway let me have the MAL public weight in and tell me what you think of these companies? I could have went into more detail and talk about their animation style and art direction but I didn't want to keep you here all night. Yes this spill is a bit biased and I am kind of fanboying but I can count on one hand how many bad shows both companies have made combine.

I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Nov 9, 2016 2:52 AM

Mar 2015
i am more concerned about production comitee than studio...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 9, 2016 2:56 AM

Jan 2011
Kuma said:
Well those clowns are just jackasses who think charging an arm and leg for blu-rays is an amazing business model.
Nov 9, 2016 2:58 AM

Mar 2015
MasterHavik said:
Kuma said:
Well those clowns are just jackasses who think charging an arm and leg for blu-rays is an amazing business model.
except they also can take the whole body, and take every gains...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 9, 2016 3:00 AM

Jan 2011
Kuma said:
MasterHavik said:
except they also can take the whole body, and take every gains...
Yes they can...and they expect people ages between 14 to 22 to pay for their shit. Hold on let me fix that...a SHINKRING YOUTH POPULATION to buy their overpaid blu-rays.
Nov 9, 2016 3:33 AM

Jun 2011
Idk about Gainax, haven't seen many of their shows, but the Trigger hype is something I'll never understand. I don't particularly like any of their shows, and I feel like they're struggling with their own identity now. Kill la Kill was a successful project though a lot of people looked at it as the poor man's TTGL. Same thing with Inferno Cop and Ninja Slayer, they are trying to recreate the success of Inferno Cop with Ninja "Inferno Cop Second Season" Slayer, but iirc didn't work out too well. They eventually chose to adapt something like Hacka Doll and Inou-Battle to keep themselves alive.

Speaking of originality, I don't really see their original work as innovative as many seems to think. Space Dandy (bonus point for anyone who remember the series) was something else yet no one seems to talk about it like they do Kill la Kill or Inferno Cop, just because it doesn't have that cartoonish animation and whatnot. A lot of studios are capable of being a lot more creative and innovative, but those studios (Toei for example) make a lot more anime per season so the good and the bad kinda cancel each other out.

In a way, MAPPA is kind of like Trigger, both new studio formed by people who left another studio, both highly praised for their small library of anime. Trigger is just more popular because it caters to western audience with the cartoonish artstyle/animation. Wit Studio is another pretty decent new studio.

tl;dr idk bout Gainax but Trigger isn't anything special. Just my opinion.

P.S. I am getting heavy nostalgia rush thinking about Space Daaaaaandy!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 9, 2016 3:48 AM

Jan 2013
Gainax (formerly known as Daicon Film) is amazing for starting the booby/gainax bounce in Daicon IV, without them you wouldn't have your favorite pair of breasts bouncing around.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Nov 9, 2016 4:20 AM
Aug 2015
Trudging trigger

Kill la kill

Need I say more
DoctorSexyNov 9, 2016 5:03 AM
Nov 9, 2016 4:41 AM

Oct 2014
Well why is trigger loved?

Simply because their works (mostly) with one thing in mind which is..............

FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus trigger and old gainax knew how to properly pander towards fans with a hint of western.
Nov 9, 2016 4:55 AM

Apr 2014
DoctorSexy said:
Trudging trigger

Kill la kill
Punchline

Need I say more

Punchline was animated by MAPPA. 15charlimit
Nov 9, 2016 5:10 AM
Apr 2015
Kiznaiver was irredeemable shit though.
Nov 9, 2016 5:42 AM

Apr 2015
Gainax has gone to shit because of Trigger splitting off. The last three shows they did got below a 7 MAL average.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 9, 2016 5:45 AM

Feb 2013
Kiznaiver was the best thing they produced though.
Nov 9, 2016 5:53 AM

Jan 2016
The names that worked, especially those who worked for both studios(ahem, ahem Hiroyuki Imaishi) are also awesome....

Anno and Tsurumaki are a-ok too. Well, that's just for directors, I'm not really that familiar with the animators.
Nov 9, 2016 8:21 AM

Feb 2015
MasterHavik said:

Kotyo Animation

Kotyo Animation, Kotyo,
Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo Kotyo

KOTYO

Kotyo ?
wtf........
and more funny about it is that no one realize it.
YizelTroNov 9, 2016 8:25 AM
Nov 9, 2016 11:22 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
MasterHavik said:

"School with fighting and magical power suits"

"School for witches and shit"

"Loli Space Cop anime that has no point other than to say we have a studio mascot and to advertise other things we've made"

"Skull Cop anime that is basically just something that has a longer running time than it took us to put together"

gasp

all of it is just so...so...GENIUS!

MasterHavik said:

2. Their bizarre endings

Kill la Kill was just triumph of the human spirit over a non-human threat with a heroic sacrifice thrown in to save the protagonist for good measure

gee, never seen anything like that before

I don't even remember the endings of their other anime I watched lol, and I'm not going to bother trying

I guess I wouldn't consider them particularly bizarre if they're entirely forgettable even with a moment's thought

MasterHavik said:
For example, I obviously got a lot of fans of my written content in UK and US.

why yes, of course

who hasn't heard of you?

MasterHavik said:

3. Both studios understand western media and culture.

They have done what I think would never be possible. And before you say anything yes I know Studio Gibil and Production I.G. are not far behind in this department. But back to these two companies. The references and flat out basing an artstyle off one of the best action cartoons of the 90s. These companies have made a connection with the West they'll never lose. I feel with anything when trying to appeal to a mass media market you should always connect with more than just your base. For example, I obviously got a lot of fans of my written content in UK and US. But thanks to some friends and me studying Spanish I got a decent following in many Spanish speaking countries. Trigger and Gainax are the only two companies in my opinion that get this.

I don't see why I should even care about this, I don't even like most Western Media because I am topweeb desu kawaii kamikaze sushi roll

the op tells me that trigger and gainax are amazing but for different reasons

this is just the same "pls globalize anime and care about us we're cool too japan ;_;" dreck i see people spouting in AD all of the time

unoriginality, tsk tsk

MasterHavik said:
tell me what you think of these companies?

According to MALGraph my average rating for Trigger anime is a 5.4/10

My average score for every anime I've seen is like an 8.3 or something

That is kind of sad when I think about it

As for Gainax, I don't even have an average score because I dropped both of the anime by that studio that I started, one after only half of an episode because I found it to be unbearably obnoxious to the point where I couldn't even finish it

I tend to really hate loud, fast paced, and in your face humor, I think it's fucking obnoxious unless it has a good counterbalance to it, which I don't really think it does most of the time with Trigger's stuff

This is why the only Trigger anime I've handed a good rating are the LWA movies, come to think of it, the rest I've seen just annoyed the bollocks out of me

Tevens said:

and more funny about it is that no one realize it.

I just tend to give people benefit of the doubt when it comes to misspelling things instead of making a big deal out of it
ManabanNov 9, 2016 11:26 AM

Nov 9, 2016 4:50 PM

Jan 2011
I have returned. LEt me response to the thread in general.

"This mal says they suck." Mal doesn't consider all anime fans and even other MAL users tell me to not take the MAL scores serious. Besides people watch a lot of bullshit and even highly rated shows on MAL are going to get bashed every other blue moon.

I have seen Ninja Slayer...but people tell me it works if you like limited animation and anime from the late 80s. But anyway I feel there shows have connected with all on a personal level. Yes some are better than others but it feels good when I see their name they will give me something different.

I think that is everything that isn't a joke comment.
Nov 9, 2016 5:37 PM

Mar 2014
The only thing I really liked that much from trigger was Kill la Kill, it's my favorite show, so I love Imaishi for that (and PSG and TTGL) but nothing else I've seen from them is that great. Luluco is fun to watch and like all Imaishi's stuff, the style is great, inferno cop is funny as hell if you're drunk, but that's about it. I dropped Kiznaiver so I can't say much there, and Witch Academia was fun too, but nothing to praise.

I think a lot of the praise they get should be directed at Imaishi, or perhaps people really like the style of these shows that much. As far as female characters being represented well. KLK definitely has good female characters (and simpler and less important but still entertaining male characters) while TTGL is the reverse. They write good characters in general
Lisbon said:
MasterHavik said:

"School with fighting and magical power suits"

"School for witches and shit"

"Loli Space Cop anime that has no point other than to say we have a studio mascot and to advertise other things we've made"

"Skull Cop anime that is basically just something that has a longer running time than it took us to put together"

gasp

all of it is just so...so...GENIUS!
It's the presentation of those shows (at least the first two) that stands out. There are plenty of magic academy premises, but everything else about them is feels different, I'm not sure why OP emphasized premises though.

this is just the same "pls globalize anime and care about us we're cool too japan ;_;" dreck i see people spouting in AD all of the time

unoriginality, tsk tsk
No, this is praising the ability of a studio to appeal to a broader audience. I'm not sure why people are so against that.

I think I've only seen Eva, PSG, TTGL, and FLCL by Gainax and like one episode of Gunbuster. FLCL is phenomenal in every way and Eva is great too, but I can't stand Shinji even if I acknowledge that he's well written or whatever. TTGL was basically a worse version of KLK for me, but they were entertaining for similar reasons. And PSG is... yeah. They tend to have frenetic action, pretty colors and some kind of symbol that's related to whatever the story is about. It's true that they have great characters, and yes, great female characters, but so do Monogatari, Oregairu, Masaaki Yuasa shows, and plenty of others. I wouldn't put them far above other studios/creators in terms of character depth.
Nov 9, 2016 5:40 PM

Mar 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
Idk about Gainax, haven't seen many of their shows, but the Trigger hype is something I'll never understand. I don't particularly like any of their shows, and I feel like they're struggling with their own identity now. Kill la Kill was a successful project though a lot of people looked at it as the poor man's TTGL. Same thing with Inferno Cop and Ninja Slayer, they are trying to recreate the success of Inferno Cop with Ninja "Inferno Cop Second Season" Slayer, but iirc didn't work out too well. They eventually chose to adapt something like Hacka Doll and Inou-Battle to keep themselves alive.

Speaking of originality, I don't really see their original work as innovative as many seems to think. Space Dandy (bonus point for anyone who remember the series) was something else yet no one seems to talk about it like they do Kill la Kill or Inferno Cop, just because it doesn't have that cartoonish animation and whatnot. A lot of studios are capable of being a lot more creative and innovative, but those studios (Toei for example) make a lot more anime per season so the good and the bad kinda cancel each other out.

In a way, MAPPA is kind of like Trigger, both new studio formed by people who left another studio, both highly praised for their small library of anime. Trigger is just more popular because it caters to western audience with the cartoonish artstyle/animation. Wit Studio is another pretty decent new studio.

Space Dandy needs more love. It doesn't get talked about nearly as much as it should for a show as creative and out there as it is.
Nov 9, 2016 5:51 PM

Jan 2011
merryfistmas said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Space Dandy needs more love. It doesn't get talked about nearly as much as it should for a show as creative and out there as it is.
I seen a couple of episodes for it. I need to see more.
Nov 9, 2016 6:04 PM

Sep 2014
I don't know man.
I would love to say Trigger is a great studio, as I fucking love KLK, it's the best anime ever but... other than KLK they haven't really shined.
LWA was really nice and featured some amazing animation but beside that they have created only crap.
Kiznaiver was garbage and I refuse to call crap like Inferno Cop or Ninja Slayer anime.
Nov 9, 2016 6:10 PM

Jan 2016
Kiznaiver is an original show with a strong premise?k bud
I don't even know any other show except Kill la Kill that was actually good from Trigger.
Nov 9, 2016 6:16 PM

Jun 2016
madhouse
KyoAni
PIG
are the only studio I respect. they are great.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Nov 9, 2016 6:29 PM

Jan 2011
LeWeebJames said:
Kiznaiver is an original show with a strong premise?k bud
I don't even know any other show except Kill la Kill that was actually good from Trigger.
I am learning quickly to take a lot of this with a gain of salt since the anime fan is over clinical by nature and no matter how popular something it is people will trash it for vague and stupid reasons.

Just be happy Trigger isn't overworked like other studios who think adapting 10 shows a season is a great idea. I mean we as a community still accept A-1 Pictures in hopes they give us one good show.

Imaishi said:
I don't know man.
I would love to say Trigger is a great studio, as I fucking love KLK, it's the best anime ever but... other than KLK they haven't really shined.
LWA was really nice and featured some amazing animation but beside that they have created only crap.
Kiznaiver was garbage and I refuse to call crap like Inferno Cop or Ninja Slayer anime.
I don't get the hate for Kiznavier. It's a fine show. Yes it's no Kill la kill but most people calling it bad never gave me any reasons. Also...I heard the Inferno Cop and Ninja Slayers are some form parody of anime from the 80s or something like that.
Nov 9, 2016 8:50 PM

Jun 2011
MasterHavik said:
I don't get the hate for Kiznavier. It's a fine show. Yes it's no Kill la kill but most people calling it bad never gave me any reasons. Also...I heard the Inferno Cop and Ninja Slayers are some form parody of anime from the 80s or something like that.
Kiznaivier had a pretty okay start, but completely fell apart around the climax when events felt really forced with
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 9, 2016 8:52 PM

Mar 2014
Sunrise is superior to both of them.
Nov 9, 2016 9:01 PM

Jan 2011
ToG25thBaam said:
MasterHavik said:
Kiznaivier had a pretty okay start, but completely fell apart around the climax when events felt really forced with
I'm episode 6. Going to avoid the spoiler.
Nov 10, 2016 2:46 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
merryfistmas said:
No, this is praising the ability of a studio to appeal to a broader audience. I'm not sure why people are so against that.

Because we're stupid and it would be bad if they did what we want?

Nov 10, 2016 2:51 AM

Jan 2011
Lisbon said:
merryfistmas said:

Okay you should take your self hating butt out of this thread.

I never got this self hating western anime fans displayed. It is like Japan is some golden standard.
Nov 10, 2016 2:56 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
MasterHavik said:
Lisbon said:

It is like Japan is some golden standard.

It's not so much that I think Japan has great taste as much as I'm convinced that anime fans here in the west are complete idiots

I blame Cowboy Bebop personally

Nov 10, 2016 3:05 AM

Oct 2014
Lisbon said:
MasterHavik said:
It is like Japan is some golden standard.

It's not so much that I think Japan has great taste as much as I'm convinced that anime fans here in the west are complete idiots

I blame Cowboy Bebop personally

Don't blame a good show for that....

The western anime fans are just as stupid as Japanese fans.....

Although America now is a parody of itself and you know why......
Nov 10, 2016 3:39 AM

Dec 2015
You mean the ancient forms of GAINAX, right?

Right?
Nov 10, 2016 8:01 AM

Nov 2008
CatSoul said:
Gainax has gone to shit because of Trigger splitting off. The last three shows they did got below a 7 MAL average.

Yup exactly. Trigger is everyone who made Gainax so great and now Gainax will never be the same again.

EVA final movie will probably pull through all right though.

I tried but I just......hated it. XD I really couldn't take more than five minutes of that show.
ChiibiNov 10, 2016 8:05 AM

Nov 10, 2016 8:11 AM

Feb 2011
flip flappers is the kind of anime trigger wishes they were capable of but will never even come close to
Nov 10, 2016 8:17 AM

Nov 2008
Kittenpotpie said:
flip flappers is the kind of anime trigger wishes they were capable of but will never even come close to

Lol no, Flip Flappers is FLCL meets Pretty Cure.

.........not that there's anything wrong with that. But you can see so much influence from other series. I agree it is a fascinating show though.

Nov 10, 2016 8:21 AM

Feb 2015

Little Witch Acaedmia, Kill la Kill, and Kiznavier are all original shows that have super strong premises that grip from episode 1.(Fuck you three episode rule). This is important because the viewer should be entrain from the get go not by episode 5 or 8. These shows for better or for worst pull you in.

Some studios have this, the 3 EP's rule is BS in the first place, it just really depends in how the viewer perceive something. Although, there are really some series that is just so good at EP01 and just really keeps escalating, and the vise versa.

. The characters in general are dynamic but their approach to female characters is really amazing.

Ryuko, Akko, Nico, and that other glasses chick from Kiznavier I forgot about are very different and dynamic female characters that are attractive in their own way without having to force it. Each female character in their shows look different unique and has something you'll remember about them. You may like Sucy and her ghostly movements. Or Mako and her revelation moments. OR...Nico just being Nico and overly bubbly.

I'd agree on this so some extend, I neither look at how director creates the character, however, I look at it in my own way. If the director projects the characters how I see them, that is great, but if it doesn't, it depends on the degree at how it pisses me off.. Typically, harem/ecchi + superpower series triggers this quite quickly.

Their bizarre endings

I don't think I need to say much here.....but I will say that the creator of FNAF must have been a fan of their shows.

I feel like series with an ending of, "read the source material for more[...]" is much more bizarre than what you consider as bizarre.

Kuma said:

Lol... Well they have the overall voice as to what will do, and studios are just stuck with those decisions... Depends if the studio is in the committee...
Nov 10, 2016 8:24 AM

Mar 2015
...who are you again? I dunno OP, this is more a blog post than anything. Please shitpost harder~

OneTrueEmiyaNov 10, 2016 8:27 AM
Nov 10, 2016 9:35 PM

Jan 2011
_Ako_ said:

Some studios have this, the 3 EP's rule is BS in the first place, it just really depends in how the viewer perceive something. Although, there are really some series that is just so good at EP01 and just really keeps escalating, and the vise versa.

. The characters in general are dynamic but their approach to female characters is really amazing.

I'd agree on this so some extend, I neither look at how director creates the character, however, I look at it in my own way. If the director projects the characters how I see them, that is great, but if it doesn't, it depends on the degree at how it pisses me off.. Typically, harem/ecchi + superpower series triggers this quite quickly.

Their bizarre endings

I feel like series with an ending of, "read the source material for more[...]" is much more bizarre than what you consider as bizarre.

Kuma said:

Lol... Well they have the overall voice as to what will do, and studios are just stuck with those decisions... Depends if the studio is in the committee...
Yeah wish we had more anime that knew how to hook you in quickly...granted we also have had shows blow their load after episode 1 and just either fall down to being decent to average and sometimes flat out awful.

I like your perspective on this actually.

Well series the endings like this are like a college student turning in a incomplete paper.

Kittenpotpie said:
Trigger did work on a western cartoon and is just growing among the community. I think they ain't going to lose sleep over Flip Flappers. They got Little Witch Acaedmia in the pipeline anyway.

Rei366 said:
You mean the ancient forms of GAINAX, right?

Right?
I think Gainax is still pretty good...unless Panty and Stoking doesn't count. I don't see how they have fallen down. The shows have to suck mega bad for that to happen. We have seen what happens when the original creator of Resident Evil was not involve in RE6..........
Nov 11, 2016 1:53 AM

Dec 2015
@Chibii Shin Evangelion is made by Anno's studio: khara.
And if everyone that made Gainax what it was went away to form Trigger, I suppose you think the 80s/90s Gainax wasn't a good creative studio.

@MasterHavik Panty & Stocking is from before a lot of brains ran away. It shouldn't be counted as today's Gainax doing. Just look at the post-khara/Trigger products of Gainax.
To fall implies to descend, there is a clear fall.Iif it was very high and fall, it could still be high. (though I'm not sure it applies to Gainax, sincerely)
Nov 11, 2016 8:27 AM

Jan 2011
Rei366 said:
@Chibii Shin Evangelion is made by Anno's studio: khara.
And if everyone that made Gainax what it was went away to form Trigger, I suppose you think the 80s/90s Gainax wasn't a good creative studio.

@MasterHavik Panty & Stocking is from before a lot of brains ran away. It shouldn't be counted as today's Gainax doing. Just look at the post-khara/Trigger products of Gainax.
To fall implies to descend, there is a clear fall.Iif it was very high and fall, it could still be high. (though I'm not sure it applies to Gainax, sincerely)
The decline is being over sold here when they need to make something really bad. The recent shows are fine.
Nov 11, 2016 8:54 AM

Dec 2015
@MasterHavik Ok, sorry, I didn't want to express such a strong thing as what you think. Simply a decrease, at least I know what I mean. ^^

I never stated that a show X or Y was bad, "fine" doesn't contradict me. When several things reach a certain level then the following ones in a row are under this level, 'm pretty sure that it qualifies as a decrease/reduction/fall (you know, when a graph curb is going lower than it was), in other words the opposite of "growth".
May I know what are those recent shows?

@MasterHavik I wasn't referring to the useless MAL ratings.
Just checked what I saw from them in the recent years: the show presenting magical girls personifications of different prefectures and the Hôkago no Pleiades series of ONA (who led to a TV series) and that's all in the original projects department (unless you want to count the Shin Eva who are mainly khara/Anno's thing). There are also a bunch of manga adaptations that I didn't watch here and there.
Rei_IIINov 11, 2016 11:30 AM
Nov 11, 2016 10:35 AM

Jan 2011
Rei366 said:
@MasterHavik Ok, sorry, I didn't want to express such a strong thing as what you think. Simply a decrease, at least I know what I mean. ^^

I never stated that a show X or Y was bad, "fine" doesn't contradict me. When several things reach a certain level then the following ones in a row are under this level, 'm pretty sure that it qualifies as a decrease/reduction/fall (you know, when a graph curb is going lower than it was), in other words the opposite of "growth".
May I know what are those recent shows?
Well using MAL ratings is not a great source. And crap the names of the shows are escaping me.

More topics from this board

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 3 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Apr 29

111 by traed »»
2 minutes ago

» Would you support AI generated Anime?

Dragevard - 7 hours ago

24 by Zarutaku »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Apr 23

45 by Blueberry173 »»
16 minutes ago

» Anime Drinking Games

EverRealm - 5 hours ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Who is your favorite imas secretary?

Shizuna - Yesterday

13 by Shiningpom »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.