Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 28, 2016 11:08 AM

Mar 2012
I recently started watching Full Metal Panic and the old guy with long hair is voiced by Otsuka Akio. Otsuka-san's voice is very strong and leaves a lasting impression. The first time I heard it was as Gwendal in Kyo Kara Maoh and later as Black Jack. Black Jack wasn't all that distracting because the way he speaks and his sentences were different compared to Gwendal's but this time around the tone of his voice and his speech pattern is exactly the same and every time the old guy opens his mouth I can't help but think that it's Gwendal.

I'm not saying that Otsuka-san is a bad voice actor, I love the way he has voiced Gwendal but I still find it very distracting.

This has happened with me with some of Mori-Mori's and Takahiro Sakurai's roles as well.

I don't know, could be because they are my favorites and I've gotten completely used to their voices as certain characters.

Does this sort of thing happen to you?
Oct 28, 2016 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
Not really. Never happened. Some voices are annoying, but not that annoying.
Oct 28, 2016 11:11 AM

Feb 2015
Tsundere's voice is love, VA who can voice Tsunderes are gold. Done.
Oct 28, 2016 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
_Ako_ said:

nah mate, nah, the best are the ones voicing loli-like imuotos, I judge VA skill by how cute she can say onii-chan
Oct 28, 2016 11:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Darek said:
_Ako_ said:

nah mate, nah, the best are the ones voicing loli-like imuotos, I judge VA skill by how cute she can say onii-chan
Hence why Ogura Yui will always be my favorite seiyuu
Oct 28, 2016 11:18 AM

Feb 2015
Darek said:
_Ako_ said:

Lol... I guess I forgot about that one... Sure, Miyuki wins in the battle... "Onii-sama~"

Never really got tired of that to be honest.
Oct 28, 2016 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
_Ako_ said:
Darek said:

Lol... I guess I forgot about that one... Sure, Miyuki wins in the battle... "Onii-sama~"

Never really got tired of that to be honest.

what anime did she played an imuoto in? research purpoes...

she played himmeko in kokoro connect???!!!! instant fav.
Oct 28, 2016 11:27 AM

Mar 2012
_Ako_ said:
Darek said:

I don't tend to remember their voices but I do feel like punching them in the face, specially pretty blonde tsunderes u_u
Oct 28, 2016 11:30 AM

Jul 2016
Sometimes. Usually not, but there has been some cases. I usually get used to it very quickly. Though, I have seen a few clips of Gintama with that one guy with Zoro's voice actor. Not sure if it's because I haven't watched the anime, but I just can't help but think about Zoro when I hear the voice.
Also, happens often witch characters voiced by Kaji Yuki. I just hear Eren as they speak, though I get used to them too.
Oct 28, 2016 11:33 AM
Jun 2016
Recently I've been playing Steins Gate and Mamoru Miyano is the lead. No matter how long I listen to his character speak all I can imagine is Mamo's face and Tamaki and like I can't concentrate at all. I shouldn't have watched the video of him voice acting on youtube. Lol
Oct 28, 2016 11:36 AM

Jul 2015
_Ako_ said:

true
sad they have a shitty personality
Oct 28, 2016 11:41 AM

Dec 2015
I don't really have this problem.
Probably because I watch a lot of western animation wherein it is much more common for a voice actor to play multiple roles.

look at something like Futurama, they have nearly 200 characters played between just 6 voice actors.
Oct 28, 2016 11:41 AM

Aug 2013
It only happens to me with Hirasawa Daisuke's voice. It's very peculiar and it
sometimes takes me out of the show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2016 11:44 AM

Feb 2013
yes .. i get distracted and start fapping
Oct 28, 2016 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
Very rare. But the thing I like the most is when the voice fits the character so much that I forget someone's behind the screen giving this certain character a voice.
Oct 28, 2016 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
The only really distracting voice actress was the green haired bitch maid from Gakusen Toshi Asterisk. I mean the anime was already bad enough but I couldn't stand her voice...
Oct 28, 2016 12:35 PM

Sep 2015
Sugita Tomokazu. I hear Gintoki no matter what character it is. It's really distracting me (and amuses me).
Saito Souma's voice similarity with VY2 is so scary that I begin to lose attention to the anime's dialogue. I always keep imagining Tsurumaru to start singing randomly.
ChaldeneOct 28, 2016 2:55 PM
Oct 28, 2016 12:39 PM

Dec 2012
Nope, not at all, unless there's very specific circumstances. There needs to be a franchise where I got used to a voice actor playing a certain role in a certain language and then that character's voice was replaced by another actor in the same language due to circumstances. Like how the English actor for Matoko Kusanagi in the Ghost in the Shell: SAC compilation movies is not the same actor that plays her in the Ghost in the Shell: SAC TV series. For some reason this bothers me.

Otherwise I would not be affected by hearing the same actor play different roles in different series or the same character having two voices if they were different languages.
KruszerOct 28, 2016 12:48 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Oct 28, 2016 12:41 PM

Jul 2013
Not exactly distracted, but I instantly notice when a seiyuu uses a determinate range for x character.
Oct 28, 2016 1:17 PM

Dec 2009
Often
That's why anime feels like a small circle. Actors always repeatedly appear in different works. Sometimes multiple characters in the same season. Within a year, you can almost be sure that you hear them playing different characters.
Oct 28, 2016 2:01 PM

May 2016
If Sugita Tomokazu is in a show, I'll know eventually. The characters will be more likely to be my favourite.
Basically, I mainly recognize Gintama's voice actors which may or may not improve the situation.
The most distracting example I can think of right now would be Nakai Kazuya (Hijikata,Zoro) in Gi(a)rlish Number as Kuzu-P. I minly know him for being the straight(er) man and seeing as less annoying (for now) Funny Story Guy feels weird.
Oct 28, 2016 2:09 PM

Feb 2015
tragedydesu said:
_Ako_ said:

true
sad they have a shitty personality

Lol... They're not always Tsun... I guess, the only one I can name like that is Kirino. But, she's still pretty cute and her VA is one hell of a VA for having that, so-true personality to it... I've never been bored hearing those kind of voices...

Some VA have bland and unusual voice, and some of the voices are just, really, so closely the same to each other.
Oct 28, 2016 2:10 PM

Feb 2015
Namae_nashi said:
_Ako_ said:
Darek said:

I don't tend to remember their voices but I do feel like punching them in the face, specially pretty blonde tsunderes u_u

Well you are free to punch anyone dude... Make sure to punch your laptop/computer/TV when she says "Baka! It's not like I baked this to you or anything~"
Oct 28, 2016 2:11 PM

Feb 2010
yeah i do get distracted because sometimes seems like seiyuu's voice doesn't match the characters personality or appearence, well its difficult to explain but for some roles they just doesn't fit especially if i heard and like their work in other anime
Oct 28, 2016 2:19 PM
Jul 2018
because of his role in Osomatsu-san Takahiro Sakurai's voice brings me nothing but misfortune and unrest
Oct 28, 2016 2:51 PM

Aug 2015
HikiMaru said:
Sugita Tomokazu. I hear Gintoki no matter what character it is. It's really distracting me (and amuses me).

I get the same feeling. XD I just can't take any of his roles seriously because Gin-san just pops into my head.
Can I touch you? Please I love you. Let me touch you, I love you!
Friend: How's school? Me: School gave me debt and my plant mold.

Oct 28, 2016 6:35 PM

Apr 2015
Yes.

Too much listening of their radio and their seiyuu events = the reason.
Oct 28, 2016 6:46 PM

Mar 2014
Only if they are Jun Fukuyama, Ono Daisuke, Mamoru Miyano or some girl with an annoying voice.
23 ♀ | ES/ENG

Oct 28, 2016 6:55 PM

Oct 2013
Yes, all the time, but usually that's a good thing (unless they are Yuki Kaji) because I love seiyuu.
Oct 28, 2016 10:25 PM

Mar 2012
_Ako_ said:
Well you are free to punch anyone dude... Make sure to punch your laptop/computer/TV when she says "Baka! It's not like I baked this to you or anything~"

I was actually going to do that but thinking about not being able to see my favorite character after my lappy is broken made me rethink u_u

Oct 28, 2016 10:29 PM

Mar 2012
Lanz said:
Yes.

Too much listening of their radio and their seiyuu events = the reason.

This! I've been listening to too many drama CDs and watching events.
Oct 30, 2016 9:30 AM

Dec 2012
Whenever I hear that guy who voiced kirito from SAO I immediately know that it is going to be one generic ass show.
bukalakaOct 30, 2016 9:41 AM
I'm never wrong. I once thought I was wrong, turns out, I was mistaken.
Oct 30, 2016 9:34 AM

Dec 2014
Yes, if she sounds like she's thirsty for a bukkake

Guys are all the same @generic_jap53

obscureanimefan said:
I think little girls are sexy.
Oct 30, 2016 9:37 AM

Mar 2014
Yes, especially when I watch something subbed because I can't stand listening to a language that isn't English :( xD

I've heard subtitles can give you eye cancer, is that true???
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 30, 2016 9:39 AM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:

I've heard subtitles can give you eye cancer, is that true???

Not, really, I'd say most of time it isn't... People say it because HS dominated the shit out of everything... And, yeah, most butthurt viewers aren't satiesfied with the translation...

More topics from this board

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 2 hours ago

9 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 40 minutes ago

6 by LoveYourEyes »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

53 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 1 hour ago

5 by animegamer245 »»
12 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

230 by Coaghim »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.