Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 22, 2016 8:36 PM

Oct 2016
well ..I learned a lot on this episode .. she can't use her magic all the time bcoz she depends on the amount of ley iine in the area .. izetta's dream and another flashback of her past with fine, im very curious to the story of the previous white witch's past despite her being called a traitor .. and also that izetta has a big rack ...
Oct 22, 2016 10:08 PM

Jun 2013
Ley lines i see and Elvira is hot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 22, 2016 10:28 PM

Jul 2010
What I truly learned this episode, Izetta is more stacked than I thought.
Oct 22, 2016 10:33 PM

Sep 2016
Pretty interesting to see how her power works through those leyline connections which at the moment seem as though they'll play a crucial factor for Izetta and Fine's troops seen a little fan service here and there lol but its all good as long as it doesnt go cray
shogunwolfdyvineOct 22, 2016 10:44 PM
Facta Non Verba
Oct 22, 2016 10:45 PM

Jun 2015
funny how some people saw boobs then condemn the whole epiosde, saying it's getting worse
...ok
Oct 22, 2016 11:41 PM

Jun 2013
So the king is dead and Finé is taking over. Izetta is the real deal and is being called the second coming of the White Witch — who isn't thought of as the best witch by the witches themselves. And they plan to reveal both to the public and the world on the day of Finè's coronation. The witch reveal will serve to make the enemy wary of this tiny country and make their allies reconsider their decision regarding Elystadt. But the Germans will still approach Elystadt because the king believes in the existence of witches and is thus interested in Izetta.

And Izetta's weaknesses of ley lines may prove to be too much of a problem if the enemy gets their hands on this information. The enemy could then attack from where there are few or no ley lines to avoid Izetta. And they can get this information by someone leaking top secret information.

That maid was cute and fun too. The king just dead and she's in high spirits with her own background music which stopped for a while when the death was mentioned lol. And Izetta is quite well endowed in her chest region.
Oct 22, 2016 11:53 PM
Jul 2009
B-M-96 said:
It seems like Izetta is more of a slave to gratitude than a friend to Fine, while Fine is just an overly noble and kind princess.

Exactly, and we knew all that since episode 2, more or less. I'd like to believe the relationship is gonna develop and Izetta will get over her slave mentality, and be able to see Fine more as an equal but I'm not sure. Yoshino is writing this and he doesn't have the best track record.
1idd0kunOct 26, 2016 5:42 AM
Oct 23, 2016 12:45 AM

Aug 2013
So this week featured a slower paced episode I guess to come down off of the high of last week being that badass fight that Izetta faced head on...understandable but...this show is hitting a very static-like edge and it's only the 4th episode. Like I can appreciate slow building stuff but if we are only getting 12 episodes then either the development is going to pick up before the midway mark or it's going to be so rushed that it will plummet this show's potential into the dirt. Which...tends to happen to a lot of original shows lately.

The soundtrack is great as always but what's up with the fanservice? I don't mind it when it fits in an anime but for this set up, it's really awkward. Last week we had butt shots and panty shots throughout the entire action sequence and now this week we got some groping, tit flashing and etc. I mean...it's just like a complete outlier. Then again, it feels like Izetta's parts in this series has been nothing but triggers for random drops of fanservice so far but who knows.

I'm hoping they pick up the pace and bring in some new material because this show has kinda lost its initial edge from its debut and with the second episode. Don't get me wrong, the action of last week is great but...idk, it feels like I've been watching this show for a long time and nothing is really going on. But that's just me. 3/5 for me this week.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 23, 2016 1:14 AM

Sep 2016
This episode I feel had alot of good points to push the story forward which I'm complete ok with. Sure not much action happened but it was interesting to see the aftermath of the last battle and how people are reacting to the witch izetta. So far I'm liking the characters a bit more and I honestly don't have many gripes with this show so far. It's been very solid and consistent so far.
Oct 23, 2016 6:46 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Overall another great episode that not only advanced the plot but also introduced some interesting characters. Lotte is a pretty funny character and her seiyuu Nao Toyama is as perfect as always. The adviser that sat next to Fine also looks to be good character as well.

I love how it shows the Fine is concerned more about Izetta's well being than her powers unlike the generals. The bond between them grows by the day.

Hmm using Izetta as a deterrent is a smart move
that guy who suggested it is smart

Hmm a news reporter from the states
Makes sense that there will be reporters in this setting
Interesting character so far and its to see that she's played by
one of my favorite seiyuu's Kana Hanazawa here

wow Fine was so brave when she was little
she still is as a adult as well

Wow their outfits for the coronation actually look really smart
especially Fine

Wow Izetta is so devoted to helping Fine create an ideal world
im sure that Fine will be able to do so

The germanian king though looks to be a smart man and no doubt will be plotting something very evil. He also looks like he believes in the legends of the witch.

This episode also did a good job in explaining some of the lore surrounding the witches. It makes sense that they will have some sort of limit to their powers as without it they will be too OP.

Anyway can't wait to see what happens in the Coronation
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2016 7:20 AM

Mar 2008
Feeling a little clunky here, but hopefully things will be back on track now.

Not keen on the maid and bodyguard characters. It would have been nice if the leylines and trust-building weren't so conveniently pushed along.
Oct 23, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that does not excite me too much. First, because to make the atmosphere light, do not necessarily go overboard with fanservice. Second, because all the events seem to be taken very lightly, you had to play more on the psyche of the characters, in short, it takes more characterization to advance a convincing story, this is "one" of the keys to success. It is useful to have put some stakes to Izetta's powers, makes more credible the plot.
Oct 23, 2016 7:47 AM

Dec 2014
build up on Izetta I see..........
Oct 23, 2016 8:47 AM

Jul 2016
I love how humble Rosetta is. These kind of characters are very likable. I personally think they shouldn't expose her existence. Seems that'll be the trigger for things to come. Lovely animation as usual. Definitely in my top 3 this season.
damn, the forums these days...
Oct 23, 2016 12:08 PM

Apr 2014
now that she told them that secret i just feel that some one is gonna turn on them or something but other than that was a nice ep with a nice change of pace
"one step at a time"
Oct 23, 2016 12:17 PM

Dec 2014
Was the fanservice really necessary? It's probably due to a lack of action, but it also shows a lack of confidence from the writer's point of view, thinking that their writing's not strong enough to hold its own without the need of "plot".

Also lol at the United States of Atlanta.
I need sleep.
Oct 23, 2016 1:06 PM
Feb 2016
What a beautiful episode.

I like how this show is investing on Izetta's character development by showing us her backstory and the reason why she is so loyal to Fine (Fine was a real MVP this episode).

Hopefully the next episode gets more interesting.
Oct 23, 2016 1:10 PM
Feb 2016
FUnNshot said:
Okami_doge said:
funny how some people saw boobs then condemn the whole epiosde, saying it's getting worse
...ok

Well the thing is that the episode wasn't that interesting to begin with, but the fanservice is making it even worse. You can't take the story seriously when they throw boobs in you face, it just feels out of place in this anime.

The fanservice imho ruined the pace of the show but still think this anime still fun... I would not abandon a good show because of a little skin but it did make me cringe. I did not like the groping but was able to ignore it and enjoy this episode.
Oct 23, 2016 2:28 PM

Oct 2011
"B-Banzai...?" xD
Oct 23, 2016 3:53 PM

May 2015
I'm a bit curious to learn more about the first White Witch and why the first White Witch was called a traitor. Though I can assume it's because the first White Witch decided to help the people. Izetta's character being fleshed out is a nice change of pace for this episode.

LOL Hitler sure looks different in this show compared to real life. XD

I noticed some fanservice in this episode, but that didn't really bother me. I like the interactions between Fine and Izetta. The preview for the next episode hints at something bad that's going to happen.

Hoping for another interesting episode next week.
Oct 23, 2016 6:35 PM

Jan 2013
It was a nice episode but i think that's dumb that they will reveal Izetta to everyone, they should keep it a secret, nobody needs to know how you destroyed your enemies...better keep it as a myth. Everyone would just think that they have a secret weapon....but no let's advertise her worldwide.
It's the same if a government would reveal what they are working like those"TOP SECRET" files, with secret weapons etc...
And that ecchi moment with the reporter was extremely unnecessary.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 23, 2016 6:35 PM

Jan 2013
HereComesTheSnow said:
Looks like Adolf dropped out of art school and became an architect

ahahahah best joke xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 23, 2016 11:14 PM

Mar 2016
This show is supposed to be a reflection of World War 2 yet I seem to be getting a ton of World War 1 vibes. It's almost as if the screen-players didn't know the setting in Europe during this time period, which is perfectly fine I have no quarrel with that, it is set in a different universe. Other vibes I'm receiving so far into this series is the relation to Howl's Moving Castle mixed with a little bit of Kiki's Delivery Service.
The animation could be better, as long as we always get that Evangelion style fight climax mid-episode so that we know the budget was spent adequately, it should be fine. (No pun intended on the Evangelion reference.)
In saying so the backdrops look stellar, the key animation (during fight scenes) is very well done.
I'm really liking the use of originality from this series when it comes to how Izetta fights with her power. I'm really hoping to see more of it.

On the cons side of things I did find myself skipping through rhetorical talk this episode, mainly filler. Some fan service used as a means of entertainment based on the episode itself lacking action is not a good sign, at one point even going full yuri. I felt like I was watching an episode of Mad Men when 'advertising' was brought up, I understand morale, we don't need half an episode dedicated to it. Flashbacks, no one likes a flashback.
Fucking boring episode compared to Episode 3.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 24, 2016 1:48 AM

Jul 2009
So now we know more about Izetta's power, that's why she get weak sometimes.

Finé have always been a cool girl, since a kid!
Oct 24, 2016 11:13 AM
Feb 2016
Lol funny how folks are complaining about fan-service in this episode when there already was in the previous one AND in the OP (a naked chick and a dripping gun for fucks sake!)

Also how could anyone consider this series to be serious when the characters are so mediocre?
Oct 24, 2016 11:48 AM

Nov 2012
the fanservice in this episode was unnecessary but it didn't take up much of the episode so i can deal with it.
izetta and fine looked pretty cool in the end.
Oct 24, 2016 12:39 PM
Jul 2013

Dat fanservice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 24, 2016 4:22 PM

Dec 2009
HereComesTheSnow said:

Greek-based architecture... is it even golden ratio sound? Probably not, the idiot lol.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 24, 2016 4:36 PM

Apr 2016
2-2Distracted said:
Lol funny how folks are complaining about fan-service in this episode when there already was in the previous one AND in the OP (a naked chick and a dripping gun for fucks sake!)

There are different sorts of fan-services. I bet that most of the people here complaining didn't care much about Fine taking a shower in the first episode (At least I didn't).

I can admit that's subtil and not so understandable for everybody, but there's is somewhere for some people a line between good (I do think it can be good) and bad fan-service and what matters is on which side of this line we are, because, you know, I swear, we all know that women have boobs, we can see that and even sometimes we won't sigh and roll our eyes if some appears on the screen, but here in this episode at least I did.

Side-note other topic : I might have been wrong, and most of the people here right, in my interpretation of the traitor-flag. It's probably "traitor" toward the witches, it makes sense.
Ysad_ZiwezhanOct 24, 2016 4:44 PM
Oct 24, 2016 7:20 PM
Aug 2016
Shuumatsu no Izetta (Izetta, the Last Witch) Episode 4 “The Secret of the Witch”: 7/10

There is a particular kind of narrative trap that is very easy for a story like this one to fall into: whenever you put a no-rules magical character in the middle of a historical conflict, things tend to become rather uninteresting rather quickly. Firstly, and more obviously, the issue of power has to be handled with extreme care. Without pretty distinct limitations on what your magical warrior can do, the central conflict of the story is spontaneously resolved with the flick of a wrist. On a more subtle note, though, it’s easy for our witch to lose interest as an actual human (in this case) character. When the most important role of your main character is to act as the final, arcane salvation of a doomed nation, getting lost in the combat sequences and ending up with a flat, uninteresting main is not difficult.

But Shuumatsu no Izetta dodges this problem elegantly. Within just four episodes, the central conflict of Izetta’s character has already been exposed: she is a girl with immense power torn between competing forces, dedicated to the princess but restricted by the memory of her grandmother’s commands, a young witch under demand to fill a giant legacy. Finé has a dual conflict of her own about Izetta’s role in the war, between her duty to protect her people and a powerful desire to preserve her cherished childhood witch. Even the commanders can’t quite work out what Izetta means; is she more effective as a tool of combat or as the White Witch to inspire the people? This web of interlacing commitments and desires stretches out from the witch and the princess, and is the saving grace of a story that could so easily fall into platitudes.

Sending Izetta into battle and defeating the enemy is no longer a simple matter of immediate victory. She is surrounded by a network of false starts, of if-thens, holding her back out of fear, nostalgia, and bureaucratic restraint. If the classic adage is “power corrupts,” Shuumatsu no Izetta is making the rather more convincing argument that “power complicates.” Izetta holds a variety of forms of power. To Finé, she wields the power of nostalgia; to the people of Eylstadt, she represents the historical power inherent in the legacy of the White Witch; to the strategists of the Eylstadtian government, she represents victory and a wellspring of public morale. By examining how each character deals with the power that Izetta possesses in this messy web of conflict, the writers argue that power complicates. This argument is the whole reason Shuumatsu no Izetta is worth watching. The combat sequences are strong, the art is on the better side of okay, but the mediocre premise of a time-shifted combat witch is saved by this effective, well-written network of power.

While this episode continues an surprisingly convincing arc, there are some pretty serious criticisms that need to be levelled at the writing of this episode in particular. The introduction of the peppy, moe maid that attends Izetta in the palace is a little bit unsettling, mostly because it’s such a change of pace from the story Shuumatsu no Izetta is trying to tell, but can be written off as an offhand piece of comic relief. After a conspiratorial request to see some magic and an ornamental vase falling on Izetta’s head, however, the sequence goes south pretty quickly. Goofiness isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it’s very weird and unfitting that it should show up here - especially since the toppling vase ends up being a cheap excuse to introduce the ley lines that limit the young witch’s power. The nonsense escalates steeply, if briefly, with a very bizarre fan-service sequence in which both the female leads are groped by an apparently perverted marketing expert. Why? I really can’t make any guesses as to why this was the chosen portrayal of Izetta’s agent, but the problem of unneeded, unfitting silliness is a little unexpected and very unfortunate.

There are some lesser problems that show up in the episode - mostly, the Germanian leaders are pretty flat, stereotypical villains - but they are hardly heinous narrative transgressions. The main thing to take away from this episode is the encouraging commitment to strong characters and interesting, multidimensional conflict, but the bizarre attempts at perverted humour make it hard not to be left with a bit of a sour taste in your mouth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my Wordpress at https://hyperreviewsanime.wordpress.com/ and the reddit post at https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/598n9c/spoilers_shuumatsu_no_izetta_episode_4_review/
Oct 25, 2016 4:42 PM

Sep 2014
The groping scene was a bit weird imo. But overall a nice episode. I hope we will see more izettaXfine time in the future, because this was not the amount of yuri I was looking for. Izetta is just to cute! damn!
A bit explanaition of her powers. This all looks very promising.
I just hope they dont rush the anime to fit into 12 episodes..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 25, 2016 5:35 PM
Jul 2009
Comander-07 said:

It's already confirmed it's 12 episodes.
Oct 26, 2016 1:40 AM

Mar 2014
there must be either one of them is spy.
Oct 26, 2016 4:57 AM

Sep 2014
1idd0kun said:
Comander-07 said:

jeah and this is exactly why I hope they find the right pace. The story looks like it could deliver more then just "magic in WW2" considering how the germanians sort of knew about the witch.
So what mostly happens is a) open ending or b) rushed shitty ending. And I really hope they will find a better way here.
Oct 26, 2016 5:29 AM
Jul 2009
Comander-07 said:
1idd0kun said:

jeah and this is exactly why I hope they find the right pace. The story looks like it could deliver more then just "magic in WW2" considering how the germanians sort of knew about the witch.
So what mostly happens is a) open ending or b) rushed shitty ending. And I really hope they will find a better way here.

Honestly, this show has bigger problems than pacing. I'm more worried about the characters myself. Both Fine and Izetta are pretty one-dimensional. Fine is just a flawless princess, and Izetta's entire characterization is just to serve Fine. The rest of the cast is even worse. It's pretty lazy characterization really.

At least the action is good. That's this show's saving grace, so they probably should focus on that as much as they can.
Oct 26, 2016 5:48 AM

Sep 2014
1idd0kun said:
Comander-07 said:

Honestly, this show has bigger problems than pacing. I'm more worried about the characters myself. Both Fine and Izetta are pretty one-dimensional. Fine is just a flawless princess, and Izetta's entire characterization is just to serve Fine. The rest of the cast is even worse. It's pretty lazy characterization really.

At least the action is good. That's this show's saving grace, so they probably should focus on that as much as they can.

the problem is you can already expect the pacing to become a problem in a couple of episodes. And whats the problem with the characters?
In a 12 ep anime you cant really expect characters to have tons of backstory to justify their actions and so far we even got some. why cant a princess be capable? Why cant she be flawless? She is not out of character imo.
As the last of her "race" and with a high dept to fine, I dont see a problem with Izetta serving her aswell. especially if you consider fine beeing her only friend and she even saved her from captivity.
We may see more of the characters and some developement in the future.
Then action is indeed really good, especially the details on the equipment.
Oct 26, 2016 6:15 AM
Jul 2009
Comander-07 said:
1idd0kun said:

the problem is you can already expect the pacing to become a problem in a couple of episodes. And whats the problem with the characters?
In a 12 ep anime you cant really expect characters to have tons of backstory to justify their actions and so far we even got some. why cant a princess be capable? Why cant she be flawless? She is not out of character imo.

The problem isn't lack of backstory or Fine being capable. Fine is more than capable, she's flawless, personality-wise, and that's a problem for two reasons. First because there's no room for character growth, and more importantly because when there is such a flawless character around, everything becomes about her, the characterization of everyone else starts to revolve around her, and this doesn't let the other characters come into their own.

We understand why Izetta's entire purpose in life is to serve Fine, but regardless of the reason, being like that doesn't make her an interesting main character, because it doesn't let her come into her own and be her own person. And it's not just Izetta. All we learned about Hans is that he's super loyal to Fine and thinks she's more important than all the soldiers put together. Then we have Lotte, the maid who stays cheerful even after the king died... because Fine told her to. And why did Bianca stop suspecting Izetta? Was it because Izetta showed she is a trustworthy person on her own merits? Nah, they just bonded over their mutual worship of Fine.

And it's not just the characterization, but the interactions too. Just go back to episode 2 and see what Izetta and Hans or Izetta and the doctor talked about? They talked about Fine. And what did Izetta and Bianca talk about? Fine. You can't build proper relationships when the center of every character, interaction or conversation is Fine.

I'm not saying this doesn't make sense. When you have such a flawless character like Fine around, everything becomes about her. It's logical. But whether it makes sense isn't the problem. The problem is this is fucking up all the characters. With a character like Fine around there's no chance for anyone else to be their own person. Everyone is one-dimensional, even Izetta with all her flashbacks and backstory, because all those flashbacks and backstory are more about Fine than Izetta herself, about how brave and selfless Fine is and how it's natural that Izetta (and everyone else in the kingdom) lives to serve her.
1idd0kunOct 26, 2016 6:34 AM
Oct 26, 2016 6:33 AM
Mar 2016
The story was good until now, but it's a bit predictable now ...
I hope next episode give me surprise in positive note

And, who's that girl in soldier uniform ? I forget her name, but i like her
Oct 26, 2016 6:37 AM

Sep 2014
1idd0kun said:
Comander-07 said:

The problem isn't lack of backstory or Fine being capable. Fine is more than capable, she's flawless, personality-wise, and that's a problem for two reasons. First because there's no room for character growth, and more importantly because when there is such a flawless character around, everything becomes about her, the characterization of everyone else starts to revolve around her, and this doesn't let the other characters come into their own.

We understand why Izetta's entire purpose in life is to serve Fine, but regardless of the reason, being like that doesn't make her an interesting main character, because it doesn't let her come into her own and be her own person. And it's not just Izetta. All we learned about Hans is that he's super loyal to Fine and thinks she's more important than all the soldiers put together. Then we have Lotte, the maid who stays cheerful even after the king died... because Fine told her to. And why did Bianca stop suspecting Izetta? Was it because Izetta showed she is a trustworthy person on her own merits? Nah, they just bonded over their mutual worship of Fine.

And it's not just the characterization, but the interactions too. Just go back to episode 2 and see what Izetta and Hans or Izetta and the doctor talked about? They talked about Fine. And what did Izetta and Bianca talk about? Fine. You can't build proper relationships when the center of every character, interaction or conversation is Fine.

I'm not saying this doesn't make sense. When you have such a flawless character like Fine around, everything becomes about her. It's logical. But whether it makes sense isn't the problem. The problem is this is fucking up everyone else's characterization and interactions. With a character like Fine around there's no chance for anyone else to be their own person. Everyone is one-dimensional, even Izetta with all her flashbacks and backstory, because all those flashbacks and backstory are more about Fine than Izetta herself, about how brave and selfless Fine is and how it's natural that Izetta (and everyone else in the kingdom) lives to serve her.
beeing flawless is not a problem. Everything evolving around her is not a problem.
She is the princess of the country, its kinda obvious she is in the centre.
Not every character needs to develope. Its alright if we get an already developed character. Again, this is a 12 ep anime. You want things that are just not possible in that short amount of time. Nobody cares about hans or all the side characters.
Oct 26, 2016 6:45 AM
Jul 2009
Comander-07 said:
1idd0kun said:

I'm not saying this doesn't make sense. When you have such a flawless character like Fine around, everything becomes about her. It's logical. But whether it makes sense isn't the problem. The problem is this is fucking up everyone else's characterization and interactions. With a character like Fine around there's no chance for anyone else to be their own person. Everyone is one-dimensional, even Izetta with all her flashbacks and backstory, because all those flashbacks and backstory are more about Fine than Izetta herself, about how brave and selfless Fine is and how it's natural that Izetta (and everyone else in the kingdom) lives to serve her.
beeing flawless is not a problem. Everything evolving around her is not a problem.

I don't think so. But you're entitled to your opinion so let's just agree to disagree.
Oct 26, 2016 7:21 AM

Mar 2016
I'm just gonna keep away from the fanservice discourse and appreciate how HanaKana and Ucchi managed to set their voices that low. Just whoa.
No seriously.
Oct 27, 2016 12:04 AM

Apr 2013
Another decent episode but the fanservice was a bit jarring.
Oct 27, 2016 1:25 AM
Jan 2016
After going through all the comments, I'm amused that nobody has pointed out that Izetta basically asked Finé to help her conquer the world.

"Let's bring peace to everybody!" she says as she innocently looks up at the map of leylines. Y'know, maybe the reason your grandma called the White Witch a traitor and warned you not to be like her was because she also went on a power trip and tried to enforce her vision of peace on everyone (which probably went badly for any witches that refused to cooperate, hence why there were so few left), Izetta.

Ultimate power and naive idealism are a poor combination. I hope the anime is interesting enough to explore this topic.
Oct 27, 2016 2:42 AM
Jul 2009
MysteriousBanana said:
After going through all the comments, I'm amused that nobody has pointed out that Izetta basically asked Finé to help her conquer the world.

Nah, she just asked Fine to make a country when no one freeze to death or goes hungry. Fine just didn't understand and thought she was talking about world peace or some shit like that.

In any case, the series is gonna focus on Izetta fighting the Germanians off to save Eylstadt. What Izetta made Fine promise is something to do after that, meaning something for Fine to dedicate her life on after the show is over.
1idd0kunOct 27, 2016 2:46 AM
Oct 27, 2016 2:51 AM
Mar 2012
Atlanta (lol) journalist too suspicious. Why share country secret to a foreigner? Even tho probably still Allied forces in this world.
Interesting about ley lines, and white witch considered a traitor (probably she shared the ley line secret to make that map, or made witches lives difficult).
More possible struggles for Izetta now - her desire to serve Fine in anyway, fake marketing as white witch by the ponytail man & journalist, granny's conflicting words & hiding the weakness.
Oct 27, 2016 7:45 AM

May 2009
GenesisAria said:
HereComesTheSnow said:

Greek-based architecture... is it even golden ratio sound? Probably not, the idiot lol.

That's Germania, capital of the nazi-world from Hitler's dreams and projects
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welthauptstadt_Germania
Oct 27, 2016 12:22 PM

Dec 2009
bastek66 said:
GenesisAria said:

That's Germania, capital of the nazi-world from Hitler's dreams and projects
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welthauptstadt_Germania
Oh neat. Not a very efficient design though i'll have to say XD
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 27, 2016 12:43 PM
Jul 2016
Surprisingly I actually liked the fanservice here. It wasn't so "in your face" and still rather tasteful (for the most part) :)
Oct 27, 2016 3:29 PM

Jun 2015
*Izetta looking at statue*

"She's so pretty..."

Fine: "You're just as pretty"

BOI

10/10 smooth. Good ep, glad they explained the magic thing a bit
Oct 27, 2016 6:16 PM
Jan 2016
1idd0kun said:
Nah, she just asked Fine to make a country when no one freeze to death or goes hungry. Fine just didn't understand and thought she was talking about world peace or some shit like that.

Finé didn't misunderstand, her objection was basically "making a country where nobody starves or freezes takes a lot more effort than just ending the war and I'm not even sure I can do that", and Izetta was the one that suddenly escalated it to "then let's end the war and bring peace to all the other countries!"

But yeah, it's already a quarter of the way into the story, the writers aren't going to explore any psychological or moral issues about absolute power corrupting Izetta.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

136 by Cyroro »»
Apr 23, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

314 by parzxval »»
Mar 12, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

213 by Muow »»
Feb 8, 8:34 AM

» Queerbait or straight up lesbians

a0t3a - May 4, 2021

4 by N3rdieBirdie »»
Feb 6, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

144 by Muow »»
Feb 6, 12:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.