Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2016 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode felt pretty similar to the previous one.

The guys again reaffirm each other with their positions. I hope the pacing improves a bit as I'm more interested in seeing their performances. They are preparing quite well though though.
Oct 15, 2016 9:30 AM

Nov 2007
It seems like the member who works with Mamo's character can spend well with him. Though Mamo's character seems to feel inferior to him. He gets to see enemy team practice among that member inviting him. It seems like the manager of Heavens wants him to join them instead so there's an report talking about Mamo's character might join Heavens and leave main group.

Mamo's character is being rushed to progress and be serious, so he thinks they are going to lose if they don't push harder. He made other members to realize so, too. Not only that, he notices everyone's good point. It seems like he also influenced his partner.

Next pair next?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 15, 2016 10:49 AM

Dec 2015
Love the acapella at the start. This week's song doesn't particularly impress me, but those two can definitely sing.

It feels like Tokiya is really displaying his leadership qualities in this episode. While Starish doesn't have a designated/official leader, I always felt that Otoya and Tokiya are the co-leaders, and this episode certainly feels like that. Tokiya's way of encouraging the other members seems to be primarily scare tactics to goad them into working harder (we knew he couldn't have left Starish), and it certainly seems to have worked.

This episode also feels somewhat... darker? than Utapri's usual levels. When discussing idol anime, Utapri is certainly nowhere near the 'realistic' scale, but this episode's 'poaching' and having members leave groups to become more successful solo feels more serious and has definitely happened in real life. It certainly fits in Utapri's more serious approach to season 4.

Also I'm just going to leave this without context:
Oct 15, 2016 11:45 AM
May 2010
This pair up felt gayer to me than it should have, maybe its cause they got along so well?
Hope the other eps aren't like this...
Oct 15, 2016 12:06 PM

Jun 2014
While the quality control at least improved a little bit (aside from some clunky dancing, a couple of weird faces, and one of Tokiya's mouth flaps coming too late), and Eiji being a precious cinnamon roll, I couldn't help but find this episode SO boring.

The drama was frankly quite pointless, and honestly felt more dramatic than it was. Tokiya reconfirming all of the distinctive qualities that STARISH had in the beginning was nice, but it just flies past me considering that STARISH is all the same character now, nothing aside from hair color being able to tell them apart.

Also, I would have liked an appearance from QUARTET NIGHT this episode, so I was sad that there wasn't one.

The duet song was incredibly weird too. O_O The production was just all over the place, and it wasn't a good mix between pop and electronic at all. It doesn't give me good feelings going forward for them, which is a shame.

My patience is already beginning to wear thin with this show, so I'm at least hoping that next episode will be slightly better. I'm not expecting anything amazing, but at least something more entertaining than this.
DazzlingAnime1Oct 15, 2016 1:16 PM
Oct 15, 2016 12:18 PM

Sep 2008
This made me feel really kind of uncomfortable...

Also this...
starlightshine said:
Oct 15, 2016 1:59 PM

May 2010
Well I was counting for having more of Eiji, so we could get to know his personality or something, but apparently his only trait is being a good kid I guess :v I certainly hope it won't be the same with other Heavens' members.

Drama was pretty meaningless too, I still don't understand what was Tokiya's problem, seriously. It's not like all of them suddenly started working a lot harderd or anything like that. Is this guy ever satisfied? All eps with him being the center MC are about him constantly whining about some stupid shit :c

Besides, does Nanami still count as main character? She was barely seen this and previous week, before at least she was part of resolving problems, now she just plays her piano in the background.
Also, yeah, new song is terrible :<
Oct 15, 2016 2:09 PM

Aug 2015
I actually found it enjoyable, but maybe that's just me
Oct 15, 2016 2:24 PM

Apr 2016
I like this episode overall.

I like that Tokiya and Eiji got along from the beginning! No unnecessary arguments! :) Bonus points to their acapella. <3

I was a little confused by Tokiya's 'concern' at first too... I didn't think he'd actually leave STARISH anyway, but the question was really what does he want to do with STARISH? It's great that our six boys started to consider working harder, and even considered Tokiya's feeling like when Hijirikawa said, "We didn't understand any of the impatience and anxiety he was feeling." In a team, I think it's necessary to reaffirm your goals, and by recognizing each other's good personality traits, you reinforce how you can go forward together. :)

I would have liked to learn more about Eiji...I guess it's nice to learn that he only joined HEAVENS because his father and brother told him to... It's good that by working with Tokiya, he had more fun with singing. It seems Eiji gained more confidence :)

Seeing how Tokiya and Eiji responded to this duet project, I wonder how the rest will handle theirs... LOL, I hope there will be better duet songs. I didn't like Mighty Aura very much...but it's obvious these two can sing well. ^^

I want to see QUARTET NIGHT next time!! xD LOL!!

LittleStar said:

Also this...
starlightshine said:

^ I agree with you, LOL!! Raging Otori's sudden intimacy with Tokiya caught me off-guard! xD I know the man is weird, but not to this extent... LOL, it would have been different if one of the Quartet Night members wanted to tease him, or something. :P
Oct 15, 2016 2:58 PM

Jul 2012
LittleStar said:

Also this...
starlightshine said:

Seconded so much! XD

Oct 15, 2016 7:45 PM

Jul 2012
oops i forgot to post

i'm so impressed by season 4 so far bc it's so...intense and the sense of direction is much better. or maybe thats just bias because i've been watching these episodes each week with a bunch of hardcore utapri fans???????? l o l idk man

i liked the song. the harmonies were impressive, also the vocal growls. i didnt expect them to give tokiya a vocal growl holy fuckeringdfgs?

anyways

syo x yamato next week. KIMURYOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HafuriVessel said:
I actually found it enjoyable, but maybe that's just me
same
Oct 15, 2016 9:50 PM
Jun 2016
I liked this episode and saw a lot of bromance/shipping that could occur (especially with Raging Otori lol) but i want to see more romancing stuff with Haruka since Shining Saotome hasn't said no to romance/love...ALSO I LOVE THE AMOUNT OF SONGS WE ARE GETTING XD

starlightshine said:

^ That moment though XD lol so weird
Oct 16, 2016 7:03 AM
Sep 2015
Hmm This episode was okay-ish.
This was a Starish focused episode, just like the previous episode being Quartet Night focused.
I agree, there were some suggestive yaoi scenes in there like this one lol

The last Insert song was not bad but seemed a little rushed.
Oct 16, 2016 10:27 AM
Sep 2016
Compared to the last two episodes, this one was a bit boring. I was confused for the most part as to what Tokyo's deal was, but I'm glad these two got along! I really like Eiji the most out of everyone from HEAVENS so I'm glad we finally got to see what he's like. There where some weird parts to this episode *cough*RagingOtori*cough*. The only part I actually enjoyed was when Tokiya was saying nice things about everyone in STARISH.

The animation was meh. It was okay for the most part, but the dancing was super weird and there were some very odd off-model shots (at one point everyone seemed to have lost the pupils of their eyes 0_0)

I actually liked the song, man these boys can sing. I'm excited for the full version to come out! If you didn't care for it, their individual songs on the CD aren't any better (but that's just me). The samples are available here: http://utapri.com/sp/majilove_ls_cd/
Oct 16, 2016 7:12 PM

Jul 2011
Oh I actually really liked this episode, I thought it indicated better story and development for this series. The insert song was nice too, I liked the beat. :D
Oct 16, 2016 7:24 PM

Oct 2011
Cecil duet next episode ahhhhh
Oct 17, 2016 11:43 AM

Apr 2010
It was nice episode. Seems like something like the first episode won't be seen again, at least until last episode (and then, everything is possible). They lost a bit focus in Haruka. Finally, the members get some stage as individuals who has life without her (I'm mean, I know).

Nice song! And it was nice to see a good start in this project!

Jun 26, 2017 5:00 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
LittleStar said:
[...]

[...]

starlightshine said:

lol I posted both of this specific scenes somewhere else since without context it's interesting. Was planning to do the same here but seems there are many similar minded people that watched it xDD

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Aug 14, 2020 2:12 AM

Aug 2012
Honestly, I prefer Tokiya with Eiji. They are way better together and have a really good friendship that seems more fun and interesting to me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

51 by senekohan »»
Oct 20, 2023 4:47 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

40 by HikariShoumeiron »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:49 AM

Poll: » [Poll] Uta no Prince-sama Legend Star favorite character.

Lyrel - Oct 30, 2016

11 by jesi2 »»
Dec 29, 2021 6:13 PM

» Will there be a 5th season of Uta no prince Sama?

Minjaeii - Dec 30, 2016

16 by jesi2 »»
Aug 10, 2021 3:27 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

33 by Liaeves »»
Aug 21, 2020 11:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.