Forum Settings
Forums

Do you forget about anime that you've completed?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 10, 2016 4:00 AM

Aug 2016
To a certain extent. Someone should conduct a study to see how much of an anime people forget over a given amount of time. There would probably be some sort of correlation between that and the number of shows watched in total.

Shhh. Not yet =]
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Oct 10, 2016 4:04 AM
Sep 2015
yes, i do lol . after u watched hundreds and hundreds of anime it happens.
Oct 10, 2016 4:17 AM

Oct 2013
In general terms no, but when re-watching a series I will often see that I have forgotten or mis-remembered certain details. Sometimes waiting a year or two before watching again make a show seem very fresh, or can even change my opinion about it.
Oct 10, 2016 4:18 AM

Mar 2016
Yeeeeeeeeeeeees.
I don't remember most of them on my list XD. Mostly the generic harem ones. They're just so average that I forget about them.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Oct 10, 2016 4:47 AM
Apr 2016
It happens constantly to me, but I tend to forget the entire series exists. But when I remember I'm just sitting there like, "oh shit, that was a thing).
Oct 10, 2016 4:49 AM

Dec 2009
Hell yeah, just look at my list.
Although of course I have a fair memory for my personal favorites.
Oct 10, 2016 4:50 AM
Apr 2016
Only if I found it really really forgetable or if I want to forget I ever watched it

Oct 11, 2016 5:53 AM

Jan 2015
If you expect me to remember every little detail then no.
Unless the show has strong impact, i'll most likely forget about it except some memorable event and important plot point.
Oct 11, 2016 5:57 AM

Aug 2014
I wrote it on a notebook that contains some episode of anime that I love to watch, so I remember all episode *-*
Oct 11, 2016 6:00 AM

Jan 2015
Psyotic said:
To a certain extent. Someone should conduct a study to see how much of an anime people forget over a given amount of time. There would probably be some sort of correlation between that and the number of shows watched in total.

Shhh. Not yet =]

It's a special food you can acquire when you have walked for hours and hours on the first level of pokemon :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Oct 11, 2016 6:01 AM

Jun 2015
DarkKittyCat said:
If a show isn't on my top list then over a period of time I start to slowly forget the details in the show but I still remember the overall show. Some shows are Baka and Test, Witchblade, girls bravo, Eden of the East, and Sekirei.
same,

baka to test, hayata butlet..... etc
Oct 11, 2016 6:08 AM

Sep 2015
Oh yeah, i've watched dozens of anime to a particular episode, then forgot about finishing them. It's a shame because i would've loved to finish some of them.
"This signature is under construction." ~Fabuubz
Oct 11, 2016 6:22 AM

Mar 2015
i don't even remember what shows i currently watching... that's why i use mal...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 11, 2016 6:32 AM

Apr 2016
I usually can remember the plot elements of an anime, but I can't remember names or if I liked the anime or not. But that only happens to the first anime I've seen.
Just starting to get into manga. Entering full weebdom without any hope for return...
Oct 11, 2016 8:27 AM

May 2016
Oh, definitely. I've encountered several layers to forgetting an anime.

From not remembering it even exists and questioning what it's doing on my completed list to recognising it but still having no idea what went on in it, to having vague memories of it, so on and so on.

I've even forgotten large parts of anime I remember enjoying a lot. I'm definitey glad I forgot some other shows though xD

Now that I think about it the shows I'm missing large chunks of are around the 24 ep mark, while shorter ones with 12/13 episodes I tend to forget as a whole.
Oct 11, 2016 8:29 AM

Jan 2015
No no no, absolutely not, I never forget :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Oct 11, 2016 8:38 AM

Apr 2016
This thread sickens me in ways few other things can T_T
Got oppai?
Oct 11, 2016 8:41 AM

Dec 2015
Yes. Especially if it's not that remarkable...
Oct 11, 2016 5:10 PM

Jun 2016
It depends, many times I see so much stuff to where I forget that I've seen it. I almost have to remind myself "ohhh yea I saw this" or something xD
Oct 11, 2016 5:24 PM

Oct 2015
Well it's not as though I forgot the memory of having watched it but I definitely forget character names (even for some of my favourite anime) and key plot points.

There's also no way I would be able to track my completions without MAL.
Oct 11, 2016 5:27 PM

Aug 2014
About 80% of my completed shows I still remember the important moments, some moments i forgot obviously.

The other 20% are either shows that i watched pre-2009 (shows that i didn't re-watch) or shitty stuff that is so generic.
Oct 11, 2016 5:29 PM

Jul 2013
Sometimes, but not usually. I tend to enjoy most of anime I watch and manga I read, hence the high ratings and thus I remember more about them, or at least the key scenes.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Oct 11, 2016 5:33 PM

Jan 2015
Depends on what the anime was and whether or not it was forgettable to me. I remember most of the anime on my completed list though but some I forgot the plot to.
Oct 11, 2016 5:35 PM

Feb 2012
I think I've only completed a few that were forgettable.
Oct 12, 2016 4:27 AM

Apr 2015
As I approach the 100 completed titles mark, I can say that: Yes, I do.

What's even worse is when I'm in the middle of watching something and I know that I'll likely forget it once I'm done with it, which is where I'm at with Another, and to a lesser extent, Hell Girl. Things which end up in my 4-7 ratings are at risk to be forgotten unless they did something utterly terrible or utterly great while everything else was middle-of-the road, OR they are part of a large franchise.

But that's what this site is for.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Oct 12, 2016 5:56 AM
Jan 2016
That happens for most of my shows rated under an 8.
Oct 12, 2016 6:12 AM

Jul 2016
I do forget completed animes,this phenomenon started to become obvious when you watch more and more animes.Human memories are limited so I think it's common

Life is empty without anime

Oct 12, 2016 6:15 AM

Oct 2016
Sometimes I forget I watched a show if they end up having a really rushed/lame last episode.
I just stop thinking about them all together after something like that.
Oct 16, 2016 2:13 PM

Feb 2016
Sometimes but not always.Only if i watched a anime a long time ago.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Oct 16, 2016 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
The only shows is my list that I don't remember much of are the first seasons of Freezing and Hyakka Ryōran,
Oct 16, 2016 2:19 PM
Feb 2015
not really i remember the major stuff from each anime i've seen or thats what i think Edit: i dont think anyone can remember detais of all the 300+ anime i've seen
Oct 16, 2016 2:25 PM
Mar 2016
Depends if the anime is good or not. i remember most of the anime i watched.
Oct 16, 2016 2:36 PM

Jun 2008
Yes i forget about shows that i've watched in the past.
Oct 16, 2016 3:22 PM

May 2016
Well I don't forget about them completely after I've finished them but depending on how long it's been since I finished said anime, I can tend to forget certain details or characters names
Oct 16, 2016 4:05 PM

Sep 2016
It depends on the show and how long ago I watched it.
I quite often forgot that I watched a show just looking at the title (especially the Japanese title), but once I read the summary I'll remember watching it. Usually I won't be able to remember every detail, but can recall certain events/scenes that stuck in my mind.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Oct 16, 2016 4:53 PM
Jul 2016
I never forget anything I've watched. I have really bad memory but if it's media I remember it forever. I think I can relate to other people much more easily via ideas in a film, a videogame or even a song than I can through a conversation.
Oct 16, 2016 5:21 PM

Sep 2016
Yes some, which obviously mark me stay with me forever but some I forget for example the name of the characters, but I think it's normal, the story so I do not forget not.
"There are no eternal facts, as there are no absolute truths." ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Oct 16, 2016 5:35 PM
Aug 2014
Allen750 said:
I watched "Witchblade" to its completion, and I can't believe I forgot about it completely -- 24 episodes and I only have very faint, if any, memories about it.

Anyone else completed a series, only to be recently reminded: Oh yeah... I remember watching that.

I forget about alot of the animes I completed actually but then I think that just give you more of a reason to rewatch it :D
Oct 16, 2016 5:37 PM

Dec 2015
A lot on anime from when I was younger and not an anime fan so I didn't think of them as anime so sometime I will randomly add 50+ episode series to my list as completed.
Oct 16, 2016 5:37 PM

Jul 2009
Yep cause I got the attention span of a goldfish
Oct 16, 2016 9:32 PM

Aug 2015
Mostly the average ones. Sometimes I'll look through my list and go "Oh yeah I watched that!" Then all the memories come back and then I realised why I forgot about it in the first place...
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Oct 16, 2016 9:33 PM
Jul 2018
Depends most of my 8s I can sort of remember then my 9's more so but my 10's perfectly.
Oct 16, 2016 9:43 PM

Jul 2014
Ivo-goji said:
No.

That's completely and utterly absurd.

I've watched more than 900 episodes of Pokemon and have no trouble remembering that the two girls in Johto who liked Brock that only appeared in one episode each were named Wilhelmina and Temecu. Or that Misty's special lure has three variants. Or that one time the Viridian City Officer Jenny randomly showed up in the episode of Diamond and Pearl where Team Galactic was stealing the Lustrous Orb.

If you can't remember Masane pushing the little rubber duckling into line behind its mother in the first episode of Witchblade or Shiori's obsessive affection towards Reina or the lonely X-Con who sings "Please be my sweet love", then I'm sorry, but you weren't really watching it.

If a person can't remember an anime they've seen, then they didn't actually watch it, plain and simple.

"If they can't remember an Anime=they weren't really watching it" Maybe they didn't watch those series you're talking about but it wouldn't=to never seeing a certain series that wasn't memorable.

Half of the Anime that I'm watching on my list: it got to the point I forgot that I even added it to the list to watch unless I look through it. Its really easy to forget about an Anime when you've watched a lot of Anime and have a job you know. We can't all watch Anime 24/7. I know I can't.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Oct 16, 2016 9:45 PM

Jul 2014
Fabuubz said:
Oh yeah, i've watched dozens of anime to a particular episode, then forgot about finishing them. It's a shame because i would've loved to finish some of them.

I can relate to this. I wanted to finish the Rockman.exe series but I kinda forgot about it now.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Oct 18, 2016 2:08 AM

Jul 2014
Ivo-goji said:
No.

That's completely and utterly absurd.

I've watched more than 900 episodes of Pokemon and have no trouble remembering that the two girls in Johto who liked Brock that only appeared in one episode each were named Wilhelmina and Temecu. Or that Misty's special lure has three variants. Or that one time the Viridian City Officer Jenny randomly showed up in the episode of Diamond and Pearl where Team Galactic was stealing the Lustrous Orb.

If you can't remember Masane pushing the little rubber duckling into line behind its mother in the first episode of Witchblade or Shiori's obsessive affection towards Reina or the lonely X-Con who sings "Please be my sweet love", then I'm sorry, but you weren't really watching it.

If a person can't remember an anime they've seen, then they didn't actually watch it, plain and simple.

Lol stop trying to show off something as common as good memory and make it seem like it comes easily to you. Maybe we all have lives and don't go thinking about each episode for a whole week and everything that occurred.
Oct 18, 2016 2:12 AM

Oct 2015
I think it's something that will obvious occur, especially if you've watched enough anime. A lot just blend into one another. My memory isn't the best as is, so forgetting even about what I'm currently watching/reading is a common thing. It doesn't help that I don't update my lists all that often.

Mastergold said:
Ones you go past 200+ anime completed you end up forgetting lots of shows.

-Mastergold

Are you the same Mastergold in the Snob's comments? I've always been curious why you sign your name at the end of a comment.
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
Oct 18, 2016 2:20 AM

Dec 2014
Yes either due to it being ages since I saw it or I just did.
Although I did watch an awful lot last year and went through some so quickly I don't even remember them (like Rolling Girls and Maria The Teenage. Sorry Virgin Witch)
I can remember parts of stuff but not everything.

That's the main reason maybe it's not a good one. I dunno.
Oct 18, 2016 3:15 AM
No Drop Hell

Sep 2011
I think that once you've watched several hundred series, you're bound to start forgetting the less memorable ones. Things like names or attacks especially.

Anyone who claims to have complete perfect memory of every anime they've ever watched has either not watched a lot of anime, has hyperthymesia, or is a big weeb-liar.
Oct 18, 2016 5:04 AM

Jun 2015
Unless I really liked them (which is rarely the case), yes, I forget most of them. And most of those I've seen weren't very memorable.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Oct 18, 2016 11:52 AM

May 2016
I still remember most of the anime I've watched so far, like what happens in the story throughout the series. Just the name will trigger flashbacks of the most memorable parts of the anime.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

37 by Hikinekomori »»
2 minutes ago

» What's your most controversial anime among your favorites? ( 1 2 3 )

Kushna - Apr 5

103 by AverageRiceFan »»
2 minutes ago

» What anime tend to get grouped together despite being at least somewhat different from each other, in your opinion? (Think Barbie and Oppenheimer)

arinthach - Apr 11

22 by AverageRiceFan »»
6 minutes ago

» Which 3 unpopular anime from the late 90s-mid 00s would you recommend?

WitherThrakh - Apr 13

18 by AverageRiceFan »»
10 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

129 by FFandMMfan »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.