Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 19, 2016 10:30 PM

Jul 2015
I honestly dropped this anime at episode 2, but I'm glad that I gave it a second chance because it was actually pretty damn good.

8/10 from my part, and it might be one of the few not 10/10 anime that I still pick up the manga anyways, it was very enjoyable.
Sep 19, 2016 10:36 PM
Oct 2007
AWWWW!! I am so going to miss this show.. A fun ride. Definitely wants season 2~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2016 10:47 PM

Dec 2013
Watching this in tandem with Amaama to Inazuma made my Mondays/Tuesdays all the more bearable for the last 3 months. Loved how this show ended on such a high, though I'll be sad to see it go.

Nenechii needs to seriously put on a mouth filter or something, too many secrets spilled because of her. Umiko was straight up savage with the magazine reveal XD

Will definitely watch this if a season 2 comes out.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 19, 2016 10:57 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
New Game+ when? :(
Sep 20, 2016 12:29 AM

Sep 2013
I had low expectations in terms of entertainment value due to how the manga is but I was pleasantly surprised that it was entertaining enough for me to keep watching. I enjoyed this show very much. The characters are likable. The fanservice was fine and the comedy bits were great.

We probably won't get a season two and if we do, it won't be anytime soon. Which sucks because this was really fun to watch. The opening and ending song was really catchy too so I'm always in a better mood listening to it.

That final video scene was hilarious!
TehSnawnNov 5, 2016 10:48 PM

Sep 20, 2016 2:02 AM

Jun 2013
Great final episode! Truly sad to see it end but sales are looking decent so i have high hopes for a season 2 one day!
9/10
Sep 20, 2016 2:21 AM

Jun 2013
Loved the show, really funny and heartwarming throughout the season.

That scene after the ED omfg that was funny as shit.

Solid 9 from me
Sep 20, 2016 3:03 AM

Jul 2015
Ugh. This is bad.

It ends today </3

I need my weekly dose of New Game!

Such a lovely show. We need more of these!

Sep 20, 2016 3:18 AM

Oct 2014
I hope they release a OVA. I need to see Hifumi on her bikini.
Sep 20, 2016 3:44 AM

Jul 2015
That was good. Too good. This anime was so much better than I could ever have imagined. Just everything was done so well, making this one of the best cute girl anime I've seen. Worst part... is that it's over... but still. 10/10 Hifumi is great.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 20, 2016 4:07 AM
Nov 2010
they better make a second season and DAMN WELL BETTER be named New Game+
Sep 20, 2016 4:25 AM

Dec 2011
The anime adaption was better than expected.
A second season would be great.
Sep 20, 2016 5:33 AM
Jan 2015
Man I am going to miss this...
Sep 20, 2016 5:33 AM

May 2010
Nene almost ruined the day lmao

Ahagon knows how to take revenge (meanwhile I really am gonna miss her voice now that the show is about to end, it's so unique)
And Ahagon x Nene is good

I like how silent that scene was where Aoba went to see Yagami after being told to do so by Hazuki (speaking of Hazuki, this episode was the most normal we saw of her) You could hear near nothing expect Aoba's footsteps.
Yay Aoba, go tell her! What a beautiful scene... With this, Yagami definitely has the most character development so far in this series.

To Rin, I wanna say, Aoba stealing your girlfriends ever since 2k00
nvrmind lmao

Nene's chipmunk voice and that weapon lmao
I'm gonna miss this show. Was really cute and consistent throughout. 8.5. Cast was lovely, esp. Yun, Aoba and Hifumi were my favs, but I loved everyone. Would definitely watch s2 if it gets one!
Sep 20, 2016 5:34 AM

Jul 2010
SEASON 2 ONEGAI!!

LOL @ the security camera tape xD
Sep 20, 2016 5:42 AM

Aug 2014
It started off without much impression, but it does get better with all of those story progression.
Nice anime overall.
Watching Cute Company Workers doing Cute Things is pretty fresh, with a bit of Yuri moments on top. This does have unique quality compared to other animes in same genre.
I wish all workplace have this kind of atmosphere, but one can dream, yeah?

I'll give it 8/10, If Nene didn't exist in the first place, OR she's voiced by someone else, I would give this 9 tbh..
Sep 20, 2016 5:51 AM

May 2015
I was Crying at the end, but I Laughed hard in that "post-credits scene" XD

Loved the show, 8/10

Maybe it´s just me, but i´m crying in every anime ending of this season XD so much good stuff <3
Sep 20, 2016 6:28 AM

Jul 2016
Splendid ending.

I like how The ending concludes all the stuff in the storyline and there's some touching moments about Yagami's worries.Luckily,Aboe grab her back on track so that she could find some hope.The characters attitude are very positive,I'm sure that's why characters in new game are so attractive to watch.

Life is empty without anime

Sep 20, 2016 7:00 AM

Nov 2011
This was such a good show. And that ending part was pure gold. Sad to see it ending.
But happy to have watched it. 8/10

May there be more like it or more of it.
Sep 20, 2016 7:18 AM

Dec 2014
It was fun while it lasted. 8/10
The after credits scene was priceless. xD
It'd be great a season 2, but I'm not confident about that.
Sep 20, 2016 7:20 AM

Jul 2012
there's a lot of scenes they never got around to + they silently introduced wako in the final episode (the girl with platinum blonde hair that was shown with shizuku's cat multiple times if nobody noticed) so I have pretty high hopes for another season! also they ended it at the perfect spot and since they didn't create anything new storyline wise and left in all the talk about their next project it felt like they were hinting at another season but maybe I am just delusional
Sep 20, 2016 7:45 AM

Feb 2016
i take off my glasses, and nosebleeding xD
but still, enjoyed new game so much. fun, relaxing, and obviously cute grills. 8/10 for me

hope they make sequel for this, eventho it ended with piracy by plebian races here :)
Sep 20, 2016 9:16 AM

Aug 2015
Last Episode is just T_T especially that YagamixAoba scene is just heartwarming to see.

Overall I never expect to see a hightier Moe SOL show since GochiUsa not only the diabetus scenes but also the high quality ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) that puts most of the ecchi animes to shame. Not only that shit but also the way most of the characters are way likable with a bunch of weird personalities heck even Nenecchi who's more of an asshole in this series so far just made me enjoy this a bit more because of her shit. As for the comedy, there are times that it's a miss but still I really enjoyed some of that shit especially with those that are relatable to me as a programmer. The visuals looks great especially the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ones hehehehehe. My only gripe in this series is that I wish they had focused more on the gamdev aspect ala Shirobako with the animation industry since for me as a programmer it is an interesting aspect for me to see and learn more about it as my future for working on the industry is coming to me now LOL, but still I can put up to everyday life full of random shit in a game industry.

Originally I was gonna rate it a 7 but since that last episode was just T_T, I'm just gonna go with 8.
As for the shits in this ep:
-Nenecchi being Nenecchi again with the spoilers and that gun scene at the end is just facepalm worthy
-Staff buying their own game, that dedication though or just the LE goodies smh
-Rin with the cringy pun is cringy
-Hazuki being all serious and shit is just o_o
-Also what a shitty reason for them to think that the gamers finished FS3 on the day of its release when most of the games nowadays took days to finish those shit XD Escapism at its finest I guess
-Also no more Nenecchi next project why did Umiko let it happen, but that business card is so sweet though
MizunashiSep 22, 2016 3:21 AM
Sep 20, 2016 9:17 AM

Jul 2016
ooooh very nice, I really loved it! I will really miss this anime :'(
it's really touched me when Aoba try to talk to Yagami, calming her down (or encouraging, don't know which one the better word for it). How about 2nd season, it can be New Game!+ or Load Game, New Game!+ is the continuation of the 1st one, and Load Game for the past (well, maybe it will be very depressing, since it's about Yagami's strict rule as AD), just my opinion though xD
and that last minutes scene really make me laughed out loud xD hahahaha it's just very funny, especially when Nene come out with an airsoft, lol xD
Sep 20, 2016 9:38 AM

Feb 2014
LOL Nenecchi and her airheadedness.
Aoba's words of encouragement to Kou played out more like a confession. Too bad Rin wasn't with them. Her reaction to it would have been priceless.

Once again Doga Kobo doesn't disappoint, when it comes to SOL comedies. This was one of the best moe anime to come out recently. The ending did give closure to the show, but I hope we'll get another season.
VhailorSep 20, 2016 9:42 AM
Sep 20, 2016 9:46 AM

Jun 2013
why did they buy their own game? you fucking blabber mouth!! way to ruin the game for everybody and that scene at the end was fucking gold man lol
Sep 20, 2016 10:03 AM

Feb 2014
Oh, Nene. Nice job running your mouth in front of crowd about the major spoilers for the game! >_<

That aside, the final episode thankfully lived up to my expectations. Plenty of funny moments, such as Nene winning an assault rifle model as well as the post credits scene.

But the serious scene between Yagami and Aoba about her troubled experience as an Art Director in the past was handled nicely too.

Overall, this show was very enjoyable. Fun characters, bright and simple art, consistent animation and a good soundtrack overall. Definitely one of most fun shows I've watched so far this year.

8/10 is my final score. =)
Sep 20, 2016 11:51 AM

Jul 2009
It was so fun! I wish we could get a 2nd season.
That end in the news was so fun, LOL, Aoba taking care of the drunk girls. 8/10
Sep 20, 2016 12:38 PM

Aug 2013
9/10,my top 2 of this season (1st place - Planetarian), perfect adaptation, which is actually even better than source material. I hope for 2nd season. Awesome art and animation, great voice acting. As expected by Doga Kono.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 20, 2016 1:29 PM

Sep 2015
very good ending. Yagami Kou finally get the long awaited confrontation to her past.
I really like this episode. Acne again enjoyable in all respects. The waiting in line, spoiling the game and the news at the end. Ahahah.
Sep 20, 2016 1:55 PM

Nov 2011
I liked that Aoba x Kou moment at the end. Very cute. Need more Hajime though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 20, 2016 2:46 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
One of the best animes of this season, fun, good characters, very consistent animation, and a good history to pass the time.
A solid 9/10.
Now i will go to the manga XD.
lucio54Sep 7, 2023 9:17 AM
Sep 20, 2016 3:13 PM

Jan 2008
The after credits scene was hilarious. Especially when Nene appear with the gun.
Sep 20, 2016 6:00 PM

Jan 2011
this show was so legit gonna miss it and all the characters ,can't pick between Kou,Aoba and Hifumi so they are all best girls !

little worried felt like aoba was stealing Kou away from Rin near the end lol!,and that post credits was pretty great needed more drunken moments of those two

Body is ready for more tasteful fanservice and nice animation

8/10 i think it will or is doing fairly well so hoping for a season 2.
Sep 20, 2016 8:18 PM

Jun 2012
It was an alright show. Nothing special but it was really fun to watch this each week to mellow out. It always found a way to make me laugh. I didn't think I'd like nene as much as I did but she grew on me. I'm absolutely sure this'll get a season 2.

On a related note, I'd love to give nene a good dicking.
Sep 21, 2016 12:36 AM

Jul 2013
Definitely AOTS for me. Realism aside as far as moe SoL goes, this anime is top notch. All of the characters are likeable and it has a great amount of comedy too. Besides it's not like they totally neglect the game making part as at least they respect the learning curve and work pipeline in a game production.

The health check up scene was one of the most hilarious scenes I've seen this year and there were many moments when I just genuinely let out a loud laugh, like the drunk scene in this episode (totally didn't expect it btw), which don't happen very often.

I'm so gonna miss this anime and by the looks of it, the chance for a 2nd season is quite slim.

9/10
MoeGodSep 21, 2016 12:41 AM
Sep 21, 2016 4:25 AM

Oct 2015
I just loved watching this anime! It was just so relaxing to watch cute girls go around doing cute things!
Especially after the intenseness of Re: Zero the day before. Just felt so great to sit back and relax and not have to think about what was going on.
Sep 21, 2016 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
The series finale is also excellent for this anime. I see no flaws in any field: the interpersonal relationships between the characters advance, the story proceeds to another step and there is even greater characterization for some characters. Pleasant and entertaining storytelling, not knowing some respects, I very much appreciated some situational contexts. Excellent as always drawings and animations. The scenarios have always been another strong point of these anime, well designed and of high quality. I wonder if there will ever be a sequel, I would be happy to see a S2.
As for me, I consider it the best anime series of themed slice of life of this summer season 2016.

My vote is 8/10.
Sep 21, 2016 6:49 AM

Apr 2016
Dat ending made me cry... I was laughing so hard when Nene arrived with the prize she won... :D
Sep 21, 2016 7:36 AM
Jan 2014
Awwww its over. Im going to miss this show :(
Sep 21, 2016 8:06 AM

May 2014
we need Season 2 of this! New Game!+ ahahaha then New Game!++

Great ending <3

9/10
Sep 21, 2016 9:31 AM

Mar 2016
Great Ending for this anime
I like that

Waiting S2 for 5-10 years
RioAlSep 24, 2016 8:23 PM

Sep 21, 2016 9:35 AM

Feb 2015
overall thoughts about this series; i really enjoyed it a lot. and not only it's a SoL anime, it has it's own character development and a pretty interesting character interaction. the thing that i really like from the final episode is Yagami's personality problem. and Aoba stepped in to concluded it. tbh, the conclusion was pretty good and the character development is great.

and one thing that i really like about this animei is that this show has some connection with the world or art or you can say the connection to the world of game maker. i really like the idea and it was entertaining with the animation too. sometimes they made it looked detailed or funny. i like that too.

i kinda wish for another season. really sad that this anime has already ended.
9/10 from me. i just enyoed it a lot xD
looking foward to the next episode.
Sep 21, 2016 2:32 PM

Aug 2016
Blonde & purple hair confirmed to make best chara interactions in moe anime

That was a very nice ending to a very nice show. I totally did not tear up at all ; __ ;
Probably one of my fav CGDCT ever made. Will now proceed to wait desperately for 10 more seasons...
Sep 21, 2016 2:38 PM

Feb 2008
That must have been quite a party...

An excellent ending for a great series, the episode was even better than the previous one(s). The fact that I don't have a gaping hole in my chest is rather pleasant as well... Though I am sad that the series ended, they managed to wrap it up really well. The main cast's appearance in a police news segment truly was the cherry on top of the cake called New Game.
Sep 21, 2016 7:32 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Nenechi oh Nenechi.
- spoils the game but luckily it got calmed due to early players talking about the game.
- She wins the prize which is an N-16. It would have been hilarious if she gave Umiko a taste of her own medicine.
- That after credits scene, so casually carrying it lol

Aoba has really made Yagami grow as a character. She's the pillar of support for Yagami. It's great she's getting promoted and if season 2 does come, it would be great to see AoYami paired up.

Overall this show did fantastic. Didn't expect much but in the end it was well worth watching. To me, Nenechi and Umiko were the icing to the cake, I don't know how good the show would have been without them two.

10/10 for me.
More Hazuki if season 2 does come.

Sep 21, 2016 9:12 PM

Mar 2013
When the cheesy piano music kicks in, i start cringing. Seriously hate these forced emotional moments in recent SoL shows. Cute enough for a 6/10 though
Sep 21, 2016 10:41 PM

Sep 2013
I don't know about you guys but I really enjoy this series!
And that ending is just great, especially the post credit scene, Hilarious!

9/10
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Sep 22, 2016 2:36 AM

Nov 2012
A very rare anime where I like all episodes and all characters shown.

9/10
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Sep 22, 2016 3:37 AM
Dec 2011
For me it's one of the best SoL anime ever! I've had high hopes for it because I was interested in reading the manga before the anime was even announced. Never got around reading it though, so I'm glad I waited until the anime started airing.

It was my guilty pleasure SoL of the season. Much like how Anne Happy from the spring season was.

Anyway, that was a fitting finale. I"m glad we got see their game released already. Definitely wouldn't mind a sequel, but I wonder what would be EJ's next title? Also I'm looking forward to that fan service OVA.

Solid 8/10

Now I'm thinking Girlish Number would be the next best SoL anime for the fall season.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Game! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

102 by kitoha »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

123 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 5, 9:19 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

105 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 5, 6:41 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2016

118 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 5, 3:59 AM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

105 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 4, 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.