Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (35) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2016 5:06 PM

Dec 2007
xFaithy said:
SuperKirei said:

Thanks for understanding. I have to say that you are a lot more reasonable to talk to than that @AmejiHunter guy - all he would do is call me a troll.

Thanks, same to you. Man, some people are just like talking to brick walls; no matter what you say it just won't get anywhere. Discussion is all about sharing opinions, not attacking others lol.

To be completely fair, SuperKirei had been trolling the Re;Zero threads since the beginning. Thats the reason I have him blocked. If people here think he's a troll its his own fault, he deserves no pity.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2016 5:07 PM
Sep 2016
Verifax said:
Wildan_ns said:
Is it just me, or they not explain why Subaru is thrown to that World.__.

And they won't anytime soon, the story of Re;Zero would take like 150 episodes if the source material would ever get completed.

125 episodes more of shit just getting worse and worse...
YES
Sep 18, 2016 5:08 PM

Jul 2016
Angry_Always said:
Man I REALLY want someone to outline the good features of Emilia. I mean I REALLY do. Her personality boils down to two things 1. Complex about being hated for her race 2. Being nice.

What else is there, honestly?

Also, was excited for Rem, but now that I have seen people alluding to what will happen to her, I'm not so sure I want to see her for a little while. Also what is this preview people are talking about?

Well, I guess you could say she's naive, can't read the mood, shy, Resolute in combat, determined(she works hard at her studies). Wants to be of help to people. Cares a lot for others and their well-being, I mean she isn't completely bland. It's just that we really need her past to understand her and her actions. That's what's lacking imo.

I got no clue on that preview thing, but I'm sure it'll pop up soon enough of it's major.
Sep 18, 2016 5:08 PM

Sep 2007
Great ending.
The fight was pretty damn good and i loved how they finished just before the question. :)
Despite i love Rem and i want more of her.
Sep 18, 2016 5:09 PM

Dec 2013
Bushishi said:
Verifax said:

And they won't anytime soon, the story of Re;Zero would take like 150 episodes if the source material would ever get completed.

125 episodes more of shit just getting worse and worse...
YES

I think it actually gets better from here. Not that you would know.
✿。

Apr 2012
So Betelgeuse is finally dead heh, RIP
The scene with Subaru and Emilia at the end was pretty sweet & It was fun watching this show, I'll seriously miss it.
White fox also did a good job & here's hoping there will be a second season soon!

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Sep 2016
Verifax said:
BluexMage said:
True, but I didn't want to go there because they still called him out since no one knows that and (prior to the whale fight) mostly everyone thought he was kinda useless.

But I guess you're right. Makes sense. Most people wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of the strongest swordsmen/legendary swordsman who killed the whale/ chief of imperial knights. It just annoys me that 60% of the show consisted of Subaru being called out, while mostly everyone got by just fine. :shrug:

I get you, I do. It's because this was all an introduction to the universe that is Re:zero. That's why they needed to get Subaru's development out of the way and why the focus was on molding him into a protagonist asap. Now that we are mostly free from Subaru's development, I imagine the story will break down Emilia first.
Honestly, people aren't used to a story taking as long as Re zero, and that's why we're all confused or annoyed at the tunnelvision the show seems to have. As a standalone anime of 25 episodes Re zero just isn't what it can be imo.

It would really need atleast another 12 episodes before we could actually appreciate the story with it's actual developed protagonist, instead of the one that we had to deal with

I'm fine with these 25 episodes being a, "prologue" of sorts because there've been plenty of hints and exposure to the world and characters of Re: Zero without delving in too much into them, and instead, keeping the focus on Subaru and Rem.
If the other characters became insanely significant THROUGHOUT without any development, instead of just serving as temporary supporting characters, THEN I'd have a problem.
Sep 18, 2016 5:10 PM

Jul 2016
BluexMage said:
Verifax said:
I get you, I do. It's because this was all an introduction to the universe that is Re:zero. That's why they needed to get Subaru's development out of the way and why the focus was on molding him into a protagonist asap. Now that we are mostly free from Subaru's development, I imagine the story will break down Emilia first.
Honestly, people aren't used to a story taking as long as Re zero, and that's why we're all confused or annoyed at the tunnelvision the show seems to have. As a standalone anime of 25 episodes Re zero just isn't what it can be imo.

It would really need atleast another 12 episodes before we could actually appreciate the story with it's actual developed protagonist, instead of the one that we had to deal with
Oh, I don't mind how the anime turned it out all. I really liked the anime. It really surpassed my low expectations. It was the opposite of DR3 actually...

I'm such a blind fanboy of Danganronpa I was sold the moment I saw Junko. My bias has transcended normal limits. But in any case, it's good to know you enjoyed Re zero. I just hope I raised your opinion of it ever so slightly :p
Sep 18, 2016 5:12 PM

Jul 2016
Bushishi said:
Verifax said:

I'm fine with these 25 episodes being a, "prologue" of sorts because there've been plenty of hints and exposure to the world and characters of Re: Zero without delving in too much into them, and instead, keeping the focus on Subaru and Rem.
If the other characters became insanely significant THROUGHOUT without any development, instead of just serving as temporary supporting characters, THEN I'd have a problem.

As always I share your opinion though :) I'm just pointing out that this is how people could've seen Re zero, and why they did. I'm not fine with it only being 25 episodes though. WHY DID IT HAVE TO END?
Sep 18, 2016 5:13 PM

Dec 2014
Ketuekigami said:
xFaithy said:

Thanks, same to you. Man, some people are just like talking to brick walls; no matter what you say it just won't get anywhere. Discussion is all about sharing opinions, not attacking others lol.

To be completely fair, SuperKirei had been trolling the Re;Zero threads since the beginning. Thats the reason I have him blocked. If people here think he's a troll its his own fault, he deserves no pity.

How can you say such a thing @Ketuekigami ? I thought we were friends.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Sep 18, 2016 5:14 PM

Aug 2014
An Ok ending i guess, too bad they focused way too much on the romance aspect, i think it was fine but if they put more into the world-building the show would be way better for me.

The chasing scene was ridiculous lol the wagon was burned, destroyed and yet it moves as smoothly lol.

Anyway since nobody gives a shit i will just write the scores in number without fully explanations.

Animation - 7.5 (It was much better at the first half (8) a bit downhill second half (7).

Art - 7 (SAO had way better art, so instead of explaining, check SAO episodes and see the design there)

Sounds - 7 (The sound effect were sometimes out of place i guess, the ost is good and the voice acting is so-so, loved some, hated some)
------------------------

Story - 3 (Other than romance i personally didn't find anything of a value, not engaging either, some twists were good though. a lot of questionable writing)

Characters - 3 (Bad villains, didnt care for anyone except the MC and not much either, the development is there ofcourse but for the MC only, the rest of the cast is forgettable, oh and i liked Felt btw)

------------------------------------------

Enjoyment - 4 (Up to episode 15 it was 6 here, what prevents me from enjoying it is the edgy villains and romance that i didnt care about)

World-Building - 3 (Wasted potential, enough said)

Atmosphere - 3 ( The show lacks the atmospheric value and focuses only on romance unfortunately)

Overall: I think this show is overrated and i dont understand why its rated so high, like almost every show in the top 100 is better than it, and the equal of it is only Yamato 2199 which is also incredibly overrated)

Someone would notice Thread of Episode 18 going crazy!! why *goes to check it* just because he chooses different girl? really? a really questionable reaction from the anime community i guess, so silly.

My Final Score: 4.5/10
Sep 18, 2016 5:14 PM

Nov 2008
Hongu said:

But now people are still going to be outraged, just for a completely different reason.
People = people like you whos criticism wont matter since you never buy their product? xDD

The ending is actually pretty well received in Japan so I am afraid your opinion wont matter to this one lol.

Just hoping for a second season.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sep 18, 2016 5:15 PM

Jul 2016
AmejiHunter said:
SilverDio said:

I didn't. I think that is better to keep it separate in my mind.

The capital's episodes were pure trash, but the Betelguese aparition made the show a lot more enjoyable (funny how he is the Sloth but is the more hardworking character of all).

As much as I don't agree wityh the capital being trash, I have to admit, Betelgeuse is my favorite character from the show. He's just amazing.

I said that those chapters are trash because Subaru's selfish and annoying acts. They introduced a lot of lore and characters but spread all that over the place with a super eye-rolling scene (the introduction of the candidates was a mess) and funny Felt saying that the kingdom was trash was the more correct thing happening at that time.

Betelgeuse is a likeable villain there were times that I wanted him to succed. :')
Sep 18, 2016 5:17 PM
Sep 2016
Verifax said:
Angry_Always said:
Man I REALLY want someone to outline the good features of Emilia. I mean I REALLY do. Her personality boils down to two things 1. Complex about being hated for her race 2. Being nice.

Also, was excited for Rem, but now that I have seen people alluding to what will happen to her, I'm not so sure I want to see her for a little while. Also what is this preview people are talking about?

Well, I guess you could say she's naive, can't read the mood, shy, Resolute in combat, determined(she works hard at her studies). Wants to be of help to people. Cares a lot for others and their well-being, I mean she isn't completely bland. It's just that we really need her past to understand her and her actions. That's what's lacking imo.

I got no clue on that preview thing, but I'm sure it'll pop up soon enough of it's major.

The 3 dimensions of a character in storytelling is as follows:

1st Dimension: their general personality.

2nd Dimension: their backstory, and/or inner struggles.

3rd Dimension: their resolution/conclusion.

As of now, Emilia is, by definition one dimensional, but I don't find her personality to be overall, "bland". To me a bland character would be someone who only portrays ONE emotion, with another "emotion" being more of a gimmick (like blushing around girls *coughs* harem protagonists).
Sep 18, 2016 5:17 PM

Feb 2013
Angry_Always said:

Lets look at Rem,

1. She is nice to Subaru
2. Complex with being inferior to her sister.

I think the only reason why people ship her more is the fact that she confessed to Subaru and the what happens to her in the LN.
Sep 18, 2016 5:18 PM

Aug 2013
Enjoyable show, had ups and downs.
Ending was sweet but feels a little forced, and I'm so glad that little insect Betewhatever died, or at least I won't be seeing him for a very long time.
This season had a really promising start, but eventually got a little repetitive and annoying with Subaru's epic fails, but if there's a season 2 I would still watch it, it's a interesting show. 7/10
Just saying without Rem, Subaru would be dead x1000
Forgetful00Sep 18, 2016 5:25 PM
Sep 18, 2016 5:19 PM
Sep 2016
SilverDio said:
AmejiHunter said:

As much as I don't agree wityh the capital being trash, I have to admit, Betelgeuse is my favorite character from the show. He's just amazing.

I said that those chapters are trash because Subaru's selfish and annoying acts. They introduced a lot of lore and characters but spread all that over the place with a super eye-rolling scene (the introduction of the candidates was a mess) and funny Felt saying that the kingdom was trash was the more correct thing happening at that time.

Betelgeuse is a likeable villain there were times that I wanted him to succed. :')

I question your definition of "likeable"
Sep 18, 2016 5:21 PM

Jul 2014
Verifax said:
Wildan_ns said:
Is it just me, or they not explain why Subaru is thrown to that World.__.

At least they can make OVA or Special episode..... It would be a plot hole if they not explain the reason
Sep 18, 2016 5:23 PM

Sep 2014
Let me take a guess. REM is either forgotten completely (the cause of blank letter)because of WhiteWhale or she's dead. And Season 2 is all about saving Rem and negotiating/fighting against the Witch to get Rem back. I haven't read the novels. But that's my prediction based on what happened throughout the series.
Sep 18, 2016 5:24 PM

Sep 2013
Excellent Series! Definitely one of my favorites of all time. The roller coaster despair ride was intense. In the first cour I though the battles were well done and very beautiful in terms of quality.

2nd Cour took a dip on animation quality but I think it pretty much had to do with the setting and what they were fighting. It's hard to have several dozen soldiers fight a giant whale look epic and fighting Betelguese during the day kinda made the battles less epic due to it bright colors flashing during the day. The 2nd cour focused more on the story rather than battles as well.

As for the finale, Emilia and Subaru finally reconcile! Good for them. I'm not into the whole Emilia/Rem waifu wars at all considering this isn't a Romance anime. Do I think Rem is great? Of course I do, she's the my favorite character in the series.

That final scene with Emilia and Subaru was animated beautifully, if only they had done this more often, otherwise I wouldn't think the artwork was average.

Anyways, for people who are complaining about a certain thing being cut out.

Love this series, don't care about all the bad things people say about this. If I enjoy something, I enjoy it. If you don't enjoy the series, then you don't and I will respect that.

Sep 18, 2016 5:24 PM

Jul 2016
Wildan_ns said:
Verifax said:

At least they can make OVA or Special episode..... It would be a plot hole if they not explain the reason

It's actually a plot hole if it would never get explained in the entire story :P
You just gotta pray this series will get a full anime-adaptation, such is the cruel reality of the anime business.
Sep 18, 2016 5:26 PM

Mar 2010
Mich666 said:
Yangbo said:
It's an ending to the season not the series... I'm not sure what you were expecting of the ending tbh. The fact Rem wasn't included in the last few episodes probably means there is no sequel or things are still up in the air. You can get info on the LN on their subreddit.

I would be more bothered about closing phrase And That`s All This Story Is About... if you asked me.

Cause to me it literally spells out like "No sequel's coming, guys!".

That's title of last chapter of arc 3 in the WN before the epilogue. So that means nothing.

Angry_Always said:

I could turn that around say the same thing about Rem. What's good about her beyond being blindly in love with one guy? Besides who you like, what you like about them are all in the eye of beholder. Emilia has been pretty much been the only character throughtout the story who has consistently looked out for him. She also didn't do horrible things to like rub , murder or torture him unlawfully like a lot people did. Even if you don't agree out of preference he definitely has reasons to be attached to her as considers her a great person for taking him in and literally giving him a life another world. None of these things she had to do and could left him a gutter like 98% of cast would have done including Rem unless he jump through hoops for them.

Iron_MawSep 18, 2016 5:35 PM
Sep 18, 2016 5:27 PM
Jul 2018
SilverDio said:
AmejiHunter said:

I actually liked Subaru getting fucked up. Looks like we have different things we like here xD

Betelgeuse is the only true waifu :)
Sep 18, 2016 5:33 PM

Jul 2016
Jagd84 said:
Mich666 said:

I would be more bothered about closing phrase And That`s All This Story Is About... if you asked me.

That's tile of last chapter of arc 3 in the WN before the epilogue. So that means nothing.

Angry_Always said:

I could say the same thing about Rem. What's good about her beyond being blindly in love with one guy? Who you like, what you like about them are all in the eye of beholder. Emilia has been pretty been the only character throughtout the story who consistently looked out for him series. She didn't do horrible things to like rub , murder or torture him unlawfully. Even if don't agree out of preference he definitely has reasons to be attached to her as considers he a great person for talking him and literally giving him a life another world. None of these things she had to do and could left him a gutter like 98% of cast would have done including Rem unless he jump through hoops for them.

Haha rub him unlawfully, typo's are funny. Let me say something shocking though, you are right. The Rem bias is mostly because her past has been revealed I imagine.
Sep 18, 2016 5:33 PM

May 2010
Finally that pathetic villain got owned :v Didn't really enjoy that arc, but the final scene with Emilia-tan was pretty cute, will admit that.

Now I feel suspicious about witch inside Barusu though, her voice sounded exactly like our main heroine's o_o Dunno what to think about that.

So in the end, yeah, first half of Re:Zero was a lot better, but the second wasn't terrible either.
First arc - 8/10
Second arc - 9/10
Third arc - ehh 6/10

Hopefully future arcs are more exciting and have more interesting characters than this one. Well, it was a pretty good series anyway, so I'd definitely watch a sequel if it comes out. For now I'll probably rate it 7/10.
Sep 18, 2016 5:35 PM

Jul 2016
Kitsu-nee said:
Finally that pathetic villain got owned :v Didn't really enjoy that arc, but the final scene with Emilia-tan was pretty cute, will admit that.

Now I feel suspicious about witch inside Barusu though, her voice sounded exactly like our main heroine's o_o Dunno what to think about that.

So in the end, yeah, first half of Re:Zero was a lot better, but the second wasn't terrible either.
First arc - 8/10
Second arc - 9/10
Third arc - ehh 6/10

Hopefully future arcs are more exciting and have more interesting characters than this one. Well, it was a pretty good series anyway, so I'd definitely watch a sequel if it comes out. For now I'll probably rate it 7/10.

I'm interested in why you called Betel a pathetic villain, didn't hear that description from someone before. But yea, the Satella=Emilia theories are going wild over them having the same voice.
Sep 18, 2016 5:36 PM

Feb 2013
Jagd84 said:

Angry_Always said:

I could say the same thing about Rem. What's good about her beyond being blindly in love with one guy? Besides who you like, what you like about them are all inothe eye of beholder. Emilia has been pretty been the only character throughtout the story who has consistently looked out for him. She also didn't do horrible things to like rub , murder or torture him unlawfully like a lot people did. Even if you don't agree out of preference he definitely has reasons to be attached to her as considers her a great person for taking him in and literally giving him a life another world. None of these things she had to do and could left him a gutter like 98% of cast would have done including Rem unless he jump through hoops for them.

I'm leaning for the Emilia camp in the slightest simply because that's what Subaru wants. As for the main draw for Rem. My speculation is the fact that she is complete moe and people sympathize for what happen to her in the next arc.
Sep 18, 2016 5:36 PM

Sep 2015
Yangbo said:
Angry_Always said:

Lets look at Rem,

1. She is nice to Subaru

I think the only reason why people ship her more is the fact that she confessed to Subaru and the what happens to her in the LN.

I disagree about Rem. She is a much more complicated character. Initially appearing as just a quiet maid, she developed and we learn she is an ogre/devil who harbours a great hatred for Subaru for his smell of the witch, going as far as to torture him excruciatingly before he is killed by Ram.

He and her have the most developed relationship, him vowing to get through and save her despite what she's done to him. Breaking down her walls by trying to understand her and risking his life for her.

Then, once she loves him, she becomes his emotional and mental saviour, being the only one to support him as everyone else, including Emilia, turn their backs on him in his darkest days. She fights to the death for him, literally.

She is also the one to break Subaru out of his deep depression by restoring his faith in himself and even after being rejected, she stays with him and helps him with everything she's got.

Maybe you can say the anime favours her, but nonetheless she has gone far enough to justify winning his heart. Like Subaru said with Crusch, if Emilia hadn't been first, Rem would likely be his number one.

In contrast, Emilia and him have pretty much no development, she saves him, he loves her, she treats him like a kid brother, they fight, they reunite, he still loves her, she says thank you. Simplified and bias as that may read, that's how it's shown.
Sep 18, 2016 5:38 PM
Sep 2016
[quote=Verifax message=47823783]
Kitsu-nee said:

First arc - 8/10
Second arc - 9/10
Third arc - ehh 6/10

I find the different in our opinions of the 3rd arc interesting. For me, the 3rd was the most enjoyable, and the payoff to the buildups of the 1st 2 arcs.
Sep 18, 2016 5:40 PM

Sep 2015
Jagd84 said:
Mich666 said:

That's title of last chapter of arc 3 in the WN before the epilogue. So that means nothing.

Angry_Always said:

I could turn that around say the same thing about Rem. What's good about her beyond being blindly in love with one guy? Besides who you like, what you like about them are all in the eye of beholder. Emilia has been pretty much been the only character throughtout the story who has consistently looked out for him. She also didn't do horrible things to like rub , murder or torture him unlawfully like a lot people did. Even if you don't agree out of preference he definitely has reasons to be attached to her as considers her a great person for taking him in and literally giving him a life another world. None of these things she had to do and could left him a gutter like 98% of cast would have done including Rem unless he jump through hoops for them.

I just went through a whole thing describing how Rem has more development as a lover so I will just use a list of my points.

1. Emilia being consistent = their relationship not going past friendly at all or changing in any way beside a fight.

2. Rem and his relationship evolves and develops throughout the show. It's called character development and relationship depth.

3. Rem was there when everyone else, including Emilia, turned their backs on him when he descended into darkness.

4. Rem broke him out of his depression and kept fighting for him after being rejected.

5. Rem has more than two emotions, as well as a dark side to her character. Emilia is bland and simplistic.

6. Emilia, apart from saving him once, has done next to nothing for him.
Sep 18, 2016 5:41 PM

Nov 2008
Verifax said:
NatsuFx said:
I'm pretty sure someone has already posted it, but can I have a link to that web novel spoilers? I want to know what should have been at the end of the episode D:

http://pastebin.com/TMkPBXHE Here you go buddy( MASSIVE SPOILERS)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sep 18, 2016 5:42 PM

Mar 2010
Verifax said:
Jagd84 said:

That's tile of last chapter of arc 3 in the WN before the epilogue. So that means nothing.

I could say the same thing about Rem. What's good about her beyond being blindly in love with one guy? Who you like, what you like about them are all in the eye of beholder. Emilia has been pretty been the only character throughtout the story who consistently looked out for him series. She didn't do horrible things to like rub , murder or torture him unlawfully. Even if don't agree out of preference he definitely has reasons to be attached to her as considers he a great person for talking him and literally giving him a life another world. None of these things she had to do and could left him a gutter like 98% of cast would have done including Rem unless he jump through hoops for them.

Haha rub him unlawfully, typo's are funny. Let me say something shocking though, you are right. The Rem bias is mostly because her past has been revealed I imagine.

Yep. Though one just needs go back look through the first cour again see how much Emilia supported Subaru beyond the lap-pillow to cure his stress. Beyond that Rem getting everything exposed about her first just means that: she was first. While everyone else including Emilia are fleshed out much more gradually until theirtime in the limelight.
Sep 18, 2016 5:42 PM

Jul 2016
Bushishi said:
SilverDio said:

I question your definition of "likeable"

He is so over the top that I can't help to want him to succeed. :)
Sep 18, 2016 5:45 PM

May 2010
Verifax said:
I'm interested in why you called Betel a pathetic villain, didn't hear that description from someone before. But yea, the Satella=Emilia theories are going wild over them having the same voice.

Yeah, not surpised, everyone here seems to love him for some reason @_@ I don't really get it, he wa batshit crazy but that's about it, nothing more to his personality besides that, making twisted face expressions and saying same boring catchphrase. Dunno, I just got bored fast by watching him, even his superpower wasn't interesting.

Also, he is veeery similar to Caster from Fate/Zero, so it constantly felt like watching exact same character for the second time (and I wasn't fan of him either).

Props to his seiyuu though, he did a great job.

Jul 2016
DenjaX said:
Verifax said:

http://pastebin.com/TMkPBXHE Here you go buddy( MASSIVE SPOILERS)

Sorry, I just saw the link and posted it, haven't read it myself :P

Feb 2013
Angry_Always said:
Yangbo said:

Lets look at Rem,

1. She is nice to Subaru

I disagree about Rem. She is a much more complicated character. Initially appearing as just a quiet maid, she developed and we learn she is an ogre/devil who harbours a great hatred for Subaru for his smell of the witch, going as far as to torture him excruciatingly before he is killed by Ram.

He and her have the most developed relationship, him vowing to get through and save her despite what she's done to him. Breaking down her walls by trying to understand her and risking his life for her.

Then, once she loves him, she becomes his emotional and mental saviour, being the only one to support him as everyone else, including Emilia, turn their backs on him in his darkest days. She fights to the death for him, literally.

She is also the one to break Subaru out of his deep depression by restoring his faith in himself and even after being rejected, she stays with him and helps him with everything she's got.

Maybe you can say the anime favours her, but nonetheless she has gone far enough to justify winning his heart. Like Subaru said with Crusch, if Emilia hadn't been first, Rem would likely be his number one.

In contrast, Emilia and him have pretty much no development, she saves him, he loves her, she treats him like a kid brother, they fight, they reunite, he still loves her, she says thank you. Simplified and bias as that may read, that's how it's shown.

I think she helped developed Subaru by being there for Subaru, but her own character didn't develop. Here is what I mean.

Since she fell for Subaru which in the first half of the series, what else have we really learned about Rem as a character? We just know she would do anything for Subaru.

I'm don't hate Rem or anything, but she is just a girl in love who has to deal with her past. I don't really see how her character is more 'complex' or why people think of her as "best girl".
Sep 18, 2016 5:46 PM

Oct 2008
Wow! Seeing as I'm one of the few who can't complain about missing parts because I only watched the anime, I'm completely satisfied with this ending.
Emilia-tan for life. ♡
Sep 18, 2016 5:49 PM

Aug 2014
If anyone knows about what happens to Rem at the end can someone tell me?
I don't mind if it's a major spoiler or anything, just tell me by pm!

Thanks!
Sep 18, 2016 5:49 PM

Dec 2014
Re:zero was pretty bad, two episodes were good though.

Overrated - 4/10.
Sep 18, 2016 5:50 PM

Apr 2015
Angry_Always said:
Jagd84 said:

I just went through a whole thing describing how Rem has more development as a lover so I will just use a list of my points.

1. Emilia being consistent = their relationship not going past friendly at all or changing in any way beside a fight.

2. Rem and his relationship evolves and develops throughout the show. It's called character development and relationship depth.

3. Rem was there when everyone else, including Emilia, turned their backs on him when he descended into darkness.

4. Rem broke him out of his depression and kept fighting for him after being rejected.

5. Rem has more than two emotions, as well as a dark side to her character. Emilia is bland and simplistic.

6. Emilia, apart from saving him once, has done next to nothing for him.

Yup, but I think what Emilia did had the most impact on him.

When he first arrived in the world, Emilia was the first person to support him and she even gave him a place to live and regularly chatted with him. A type of relationship he lacked and perhaps longed for in the real world considering he was a NEET/Hikkomori/etc.

Rem has done more, but she did kill him in one timeline so I'm pretty sure that makes it harder for him to like.

Emilia has supported him throughout the show and never once did she kill him or betray him. The only time she "betrayed" him was when she let him go, but that was because of his own foolish actions and plus it's better to let go instead of sugarcoating and saying everything is okay.

I think we have to look at it from Subaru's view.
We think Emilia has done next to nothing for him, but she has always really supported him and he's talked for her with months on end. When Subaru was suspected, Emilia always trusted him. Rem and Ram on the other hand were quick to off him unless he put in an unholy amount of work to get them to at least trust him normally.
Sep 18, 2016 5:51 PM

Jul 2016
Kitsu-nee said:
Verifax said:

Yeah, not surpised, everyone here seems to love him for some reason @_@ I don't really get it, he wa batshit crazy but that's about it, nothing more to his personality besides that, making twisted face expressions and saying same boring catchphrase. Dunno, I just got bored fast by watching him, even his superpower wasn't interesting.

Also, he is veeery similar to Caster from Fate/Zero, so it constantly felt like watching exact same character for the second time (and I wasn't fan of him either).

Props to his seiyuu though, he did a great job.

Ah, I figured you'd go with the angle that he didn't achieve much and that's why he was pathetic. Personality wise he was indeed batshit crazy, but there were always signs that he was a very tragic existence. His dilligence and love for Satella were the real deal. Personally I did feel emotionally invested in his futile, but dilligent efforts, especially in this episode.

I agree that his superpower was a cheap Elfen Lied ripoff, and that he shares some things with Caster. I suppose he also became too much of a meme before people tried to sympathize with, or try to understand the guy.

Regardless, thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Sep 18, 2016 5:51 PM

Jul 2015
I guess it is time to start praying for season 2.

Sep 18, 2016 5:53 PM

Nov 2008
Verifax said:
DenjaX said:

Sorry, I just saw the link and posted it, haven't read it myself :P
lol okay maybe this person can explain xDD

RockerXD said:
This needed one more episode
http://pastebin.com/TMkPBXHE
Can you answer my question on the spoiler tag above?

Sep 18, 2016 5:55 PM
Jan 2016
So was Suburu supposed to say "the mountains are blue and the sky is tall" to be funny, or was that just a really awkward mistranslation?
Sep 18, 2016 5:56 PM

Jul 2016
Piromysl said:
I guess it is time to start praying for season 2.

Lets hope Whitefox won't lose their wallet like you did, right Yuko?
Sep 18, 2016 5:59 PM

Jul 2016
LumpyWookiee said:
So was Suburu supposed to say "the mountains are blue and the sky is tall" to be funny, or was that just a really awkward mistranslation?

It was probably correct based on what I'm hearing, it's some weird proverb that's for sure. It was a cheeky way of saying: The reason is so important/ or beyond your imagination.
Sep 18, 2016 5:59 PM
Apr 2014
SEASON 2 OR RIOT!!!!!!!!
Sep 18, 2016 6:03 PM
Nov 2013
shit where is REM ... fuck sobaru fuck the studio
Sep 18, 2016 6:03 PM

Sep 2016
Well if this is really the end.. Then this really bad "That's all this story is about"
Too little info on almost everything.. It's shallow as far as I can see...
But if that's not the case it's ok I guess
Sep 18, 2016 6:05 PM

May 2015
What a ride. I remember starting this on August 7th so I could finally understand why people were hyping it so much while others blatantly hated on it. Luckily, I end up loving it. Marathoning the the first 3/4 of this show was simply amazing. I especially enjoyed seeing Subaru suffer and die. This show also did a lovely job at creating suspense and leaving us on cliffhangers.

I'd have to say one of my favorite parts about this show has been Subaru's character. I know I'm in the minority for that, but whatever. It's just not very often that we get a main character with what could basically be called a mental illness. I personally interpreted Subaru's unending love Emilia as similar to people who obsess and idolize others to the point where they do unreasonable things. It created a very unique dynamic in my opinion which made this show all the more enjoyable. That being said, the beginning of the third arc was one of my favorite parts of this show. Also, Betelgeuse was one of the funniest villains I've seen in awhile.

As for this last episode, it was an okay final episode. The end of the fight with Betelgeuse was very fun and looked very nice. Subaru's talk with Emilia was also very nice and a sweet way to end it. Though, I really felt like the words he said to Emilia mirrored those Rem told him a few episodes back. Also, Emilia's smile and crying appeared very similar to Rem's. But it doesn't matter, as it was an enjoyable episode nonetheless. Both insert-songs fit very well. I especially loved hearing Styx Helix again. As for the scene that was left out, it doesn't really make too much of a difference for me. After all, it'll be much more fun when they play around with people not REMembering Rem a few years from now in Season 2. I can't believe no one's made this pun yet, it's great and I'm very proud of it.

Overall, one of the best anime made in 2016 right up there with Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Pages (35) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

767 by OverThedge_32 »»
Yesterday, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1833 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 18, 8:26 PM

» Should I watch director cut or the regular one?

ido4224 - Sep 6

22 by QcDiablo »»
Sep 18, 5:44 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

252 by Kira_Illusionist »»
Sep 18, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

821 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 16, 7:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.