Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (35) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2016 3:06 PM

Jul 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
Verifax said:

Nah he's referring to the fire crystal thing Subaru threw. It was one of those crystals like the one in Emilia's caravan. Subaru probably got one from the merchant caravans they freed from the cultists. He has a point though, Re:Zero often didnt' give itself time to explain how and where some things come from. Like that one time Subaru was bartering with the mining rights of the Mathers domain
Thanks for the backup. I appreciate it. I triggered quite the frenzy didn't I?

Haha, I probably triggered it by saying you were baiting people, I'm sorry buddy :P
Jul 2018
CodeBlazeFate said:
Verifax said:

Nah he's referring to the fire crystal thing Subaru threw. It was one of those crystals like the one in Emilia's caravan. Subaru probably got one from the merchant caravans they freed from the cultists. He has a point though, Re:Zero often didnt' give itself time to explain how and where some things come from. Like that one time Subaru was bartering with the mining rights of the Mathers domain

If I'm in the frenzy, I'm not triggered, I was just answering your questions :(

Dec 2007
CodeBlazeFate said:
Ketuekigami said:

Pretty hilarious coming from a Code Geass fan. Hey look I can go around triggering people based on personal taste for no reason also.
SICK BURN!! Albeit, Code Geass is far better than this show, narratively, character-wise, OST and OP wise, and overall in terms of looks since while this show looks better in hand drawn scenes at times, the CG here is crap.
Not surprised at all that the irony of my post was lost on you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 2012
Oh boy!

I loved this episode. It was a damn good way to end the season. OTP won, blah blah. Yeah, that's true for me, but the ending episodes also did a lot to fix the problems I had with the entire middle chunk of episodes as well. Petelgeuse was actually threatening and sort of tragic. I liked him in the end, and their fight.

I also loved this show a lot more once Emilia came back into the picture. I never really cared for Rem that much as a love interest, and found Emilia to be a far more compelling character, as well as the perfect half to make their relationship whole and realistic (at least as far as anime realistic goes).

5/5 episode, 8.5/10 for the show. Still had issues, but rounded off nicely. I did notice they skipped the Rem scenes, but I don't care enough for it to bother me ¯\(ツ)/¯
EternalSerenitySep 18, 2016 3:09 PM

Oct 2010
I'm pretty sure someone has already posted it, but can I have a link to that web novel spoilers? I want to know what should have been at the end of the episode D:

Mar 2012
Hmmm I thought when I was watching this the story was going to be deeper. There's a few things I just don't get. Like why he was called Pride for one. Also his powers were never explained. How'd he get them or the meaning behind them. Overall I feel empty with the show. Pretty disappointed.
Common Sense Is Not So Common.

Message me for reccomendations or just to talk anime.
Sep 18, 2016 3:07 PM

Apr 2016
AmejiHunter said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
I thought he gave the fire pixie, and he used that near the end, while the thing he used at the beginning was different. He's supposed to be funny and unsettling depending on the situation, like Terumi or The Joker, by fails laughably. Plus, he doesn't even live up to his name as Sloth in the slightest.

I'd say, for the Sloth part, that was on purpose, but I'm not the author, so it might as well just be a complete fail.
I personally saw it that way. If you wanna make someone represent something, then allow him/her to do something to actually represent it.
Sep 18, 2016 3:07 PM

Dec 2014
AmejiHunter said:
SuperKirei said:

What do you mean, the fact that they decided to skip that scene is undeniable.

I don't even know why I'm still talking to a troll, but I'm gonna drop that here one last time if you're actually serious. They didn't skip it, since if we take the WN and compare it to the anime, that scene hasn't happened in both of em.

I think you are going to need some proof before I start believing you.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Sep 18, 2016 3:08 PM

Jul 2016
NatsuFx said:
I'm pretty sure someone has already posted it, but can I have a link to that web novel spoilers? I want to know what should have been at the end of the episode D:

http://pastebin.com/TMkPBXHE Here you go buddy( MASSIVE SPOILERS)
Sep 18, 2016 3:09 PM

Jan 2016
AmejiHunter said:
''Whining'' So you're telling me you weren't whining/complaining about the fact the questions weren't answered? Except if I have the wrong definition of whining, I'm pretty sure you were.

that's not whining, the fact that questions weren't answered means the show is flawed. complaining that i shouldn't judge the show based on that is whining (that'd be you)

''stupid reasoning'' Well hey, I said that was according to me. I just think it's stupid to complain about an adaptation of 25% of the story not answering questions that are still unanswered in the source.

sounds like a whole lot of whining about a story not being deemed stellar despite it's flaws

''You just don't understand the story'' Wait - when did I even say that? Do I have Alzheimer or..?

It seems you have aspergers or something, if that's the case, I apologize. Continue namecalling and crying about how other people are wrong to your heart's content
Sep 18, 2016 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
Why are people saying the part where Rem is forgotten is important? That's important for season 2, not season one you dumbasses.
Sep 18, 2016 3:10 PM

Oct 2010
Verifax said:
NatsuFx said:

Thank you!

Before I go through the fire and spoilers, should I read this or wait for the studio to popup with some teaser or stuff like that?
Sep 18, 2016 3:11 PM

Apr 2012
Alright episode aside from the last 5 minutes. Those were GREAT. Especially since Styx Helix started playing.

Not one of the best episodes (this arc overall was pretty meh actually) but damn, were those 5 last minutes good.

I still can't ship Subaru x Emilia outside of the 1st arc (before the whole resetting happened) but since I want to cheer for Subaru (and what he wants), I won't be against it. Hopefully Emilia will give me a reason to like the pairing (aside from Subaru) next season (whenever that happens).

Jul 2016
NatsuFx said:
Verifax said:

Thank you!

Before I go through the fire and spoilers, should I read this or wait for the studio to popup with some teaser or stuff like that?

Oh you should just read a couple of sentences to know what happens after this episode, reading anymore of this summary is probably a bad idea to experience the story.

Apr 2016
aureal said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
And yet people get lossy end one guy said an episode sucks and her this show isn't as good as people say. One of the downsides of being a critic. As one of my friends said, it's a thankless job.

sorry, i didn't quite get what you were trying to say in that first sentence...
My bad. I tried to put pissy but failed.
CodeBlazeFateJan 26, 2017 6:43 AM
Sep 18, 2016 3:12 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, this better not be the end of the series. If that's the case, then White Fox can s*ck my ballz. Still hoping for a second season, although they literally said in the final moments of the episode "And they lived happily ever after"... I'd have given the series 9/10 if not this crap at the end, but now it's 8/10, unless I see an announcement that there will be a continuation to the story.
Sep 18, 2016 3:13 PM

Apr 2016
Ketuekigami said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
SICK BURN!! Albeit, Code Geass is far better than this show, narratively, character-wise, OST and OP wise, and overall in terms of looks since while this show looks better in hand drawn scenes at times, the CG here is crap.
Not surprised at all that the irony of my post was lost on you.
I get it. That's why I said sick burn. You tried to roast me and comment on my internet behavior at the same time, and I responded appropriately.
Sep 18, 2016 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
FragOutFire said:
AmejiHunter said:
''Whining'' So you're telling me you weren't whining/complaining about the fact the questions weren't answered? Except if I have the wrong definition of whining, I'm pretty sure you were.

that's not whining, the fact that questions weren't answered means the show is flawed. complaining that i shouldn't judge the show based on that is whining (that'd be you)

''stupid reasoning'' Well hey, I said that was according to me. I just think it's stupid to complain about an adaptation of 25% of the story not answering questions that are still unanswered in the source.

sounds like a whole lot of whining about a story not being deemed stellar despite it's flaws

''You just don't understand the story'' Wait - when did I even say that? Do I have Alzheimer or..?

It seems you have aspergers or something, if that's the case, I apologize.

>Whining

I've stated that over and over, they can't adapt something and completely change it just to answer questions that are still unanswered in the source. It isn't that hard to understand, is it?

>Stupid reasoning

I know this series isn't ''stellar'', and that's how you interpret what I've said, doesn't mean it's what I thought. It's still stupid reasoning from - lemme put it in caps if you can't understand - MY POINT OF VIEW AND MY WAY OF THINKING. I never said you CAN'T think like that.

>You just don't understand this story

That was an indirect way of telling me where I said that, because I honestly don't remember ever saying that to you.
Sep 18, 2016 3:14 PM

Apr 2016
AmejiHunter said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

If I'm in the frenzy, I'm not triggered, I was just answering your questions :(
That's a relief. Some others here are the ones in the frenzy. Don't worry.
Sep 18, 2016 3:15 PM
Aug 2015
guys is there any chance for season 2?
Sep 18, 2016 3:15 PM
Dec 2015
Hongu said:
Well, that was a complete disaster.
They skipped literally the most important scene in the entire series, just for a forced happy end between Subaru and Emilia.
It doesn't even make sense! They even alluded to it with the blank letter and everything! It's so stupid. I can tell a lot more people will be mad about this too.
So now, the complete lack of Rem for the last episodes makes no sense, as if she was written out of the story or something.

I guess all three remaining Emilia fans will be happy?

What was the important scene?
I'm an emilia fan, but honestly, only because she was presented first. I find it hard to change ships if I already found one I'm comfortable with, but the worst part is that it's so god damn impossible to hate rem it makes any shipping harder.
Hell, the 5 flashbacks of the old man's wife were more "lovely" than this whole mess.

Sep 18, 2016 3:16 PM

Jan 2015
Sooo are there any news about that preview-thing everyone is talking about?
Sep 18, 2016 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
CodeBlazeFate said:
AmejiHunter said:

I'd say, for the Sloth part, that was on purpose, but I'm not the author, so it might as well just be a complete fail.
I personally saw it that way. If you wanna make someone represent something, then allow him/her to do something to actually represent it.

You guys should check the general discussion thread...

removed-userSep 18, 2016 3:19 PM
Sep 18, 2016 3:17 PM
Jul 2018
SuperKirei said:
AmejiHunter said:

I don't even know why I'm still talking to a troll, but I'm gonna drop that here one last time if you're actually serious. They didn't skip it, since if we take the WN and compare it to the anime, that scene hasn't happened in both of em.

Source material. Verify it.
The scene happens after Emilia and Subaru's talk.

Sep 2015
Zinzoo said:

The post I read but the numbers says 9/24 so we'll only have to wait a week for it
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]

Jul 2016
Keldaron said:
Hongu said:
They skipped literally the most important scene in the entire series, just for a forced happy end between Subaru and Emilia.
It doesn't even make sense! They even alluded to it with the blank letter and everything! It's so stupid. I can tell a lot more people will be mad about this too.
So now, the complete lack of Rem for the last episodes makes no sense, as if she was written out of the story or something.

I'm an emilia fan, but honestly, only because she was presented first. I find it hard to change ships if I already found one I'm comfortable with, but the worst part is that it's so god damn impossible to hate rem it makes any shipping harder.
Hell, the 5 flashbacks of the old man's wife were more "lovely" than this whole mess.

The important scene is something that comes 2 minutes after the ending we got, bsacially the next disaster. People wanted a cliffhanger ending instead of a happy one.

Oct 2012
I dunno... the sweet ending was weird. All the time I expected some twist like they kiss and Satella takes over Emilia to be reborn leaving nice cliffhanger for another series but now.

Didn't really know what mindfuck people were talking about in the previous episode discussion, there was no twist or shocking factor at all. More likely I was bit disappointed by it.

(The confession also didn't worked well as Emilia was almost half of the series offscreen and Rem, Crusch or Wilhelm were portrayed a lot better as characters meanwhile (their interactions with Subaru included).

I noticed Satella voice was actually the same as Emilia's but that was hardly the surprise.

We certainly got the nice ending but it really didn't fit overall theme of this series well and too many things were left unresolved. What about Rem, what about others? What about Felt?
It seems this series ended right in the middle of current arc and I can't say I like it.
Was this maybe anime original ending?

Wanted to give this series 8/10 because there were few really epic and greatly written episodes but as of know and without proper closure, I can't give more than 7/10.
Dec 2015
S0RA98 said:

There should be no? I mean, they completely forgot what the main plot was about (Subaru and the witch connection), what the main sub was about (who was gonna be chosen as queen) etc.
They even forgot about elsa. And rem. And can someone explain me why Felpt is a candidate for ruling now? What's the point of making a whole episode about that if they're never gonna show it again?

Sep 18, 2016 3:18 PM

Apr 2014
Sickpuppy said:
Eitori said:
God dammit they didn't show the most important part at the end of this arc and I was so ready for MAL to break too :(

What part? (I didn't red the LN)

Sep 18, 2016 3:19 PM

Jan 2015
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
Zinzoo said:

The post I read but the numbers says 9/24 so we'll only have to wait a week for it
Well that's promising! Hope we can get that scene everyone is raging about and maybe? possibly? announcement of Season 2?
Then everyone would be happy x3
Sep 18, 2016 3:20 PM

Dec 2014
AmejiHunter said:
SuperKirei said:

Source material. Verify it.
The scene happens after Emilia and Subaru's talk.

Are you 100% sure about that?
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Dec 2015
Did any one else also find funny that one of the mercenaries sent to exterminate the sloth cultists was... a sloth?

Jul 2016
Keldaron said:
S0RA98 said:

There should be no? I mean, they completely forgot what the main plot was about (Subaru and the witch connection), what the main sub was about (who was gonna be chosen as queen) etc.
They even forgot about elsa. And rem. And can someone explain me why Felpt is a candidate for ruling now? What's the point of making a whole episode about that if they're never gonna show it again?

There should be a new season yep, and several others afterwards,if this story would ever get to an ending. It was all for developing future plots.
Sep 18, 2016 3:21 PM

Sep 2013
Not really happy with final episode.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 2013
wtf...why was emilia scene so similar to rem's one? ...
the way she cried and smiled...and all the light and stuff...lol

overall i liked the episode...
but like people said...we already got spoiled on rem's end ...i mean...why would people not spoil everyone? geez =D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks

Jul 2016
Keldaron said:
Did any one else also find funny that one of the mercenaries sent to exterminate the sloth cultists was... a sloth?

People actually rejoiced that the slothman was alive again after dying earlier and that it was kicking ass with it's claws.
Sep 18, 2016 3:22 PM

Sep 2016
The ending was okay, overall this show is average at best. the characters are meh, the story is average, The OSTs are decent though, shoutout to the VAs they did a great job. 5/10 for the show.
Sep 18, 2016 3:22 PM
Dec 2015
Verifax said:
Keldaron said:

The important scene is something that comes 2 minutes after the ending we got, bsacially the next disaster. People wanted a cliffhanger ending instead of a happy one.

Meh, I'm fine with the happy ending.
IF IT WERENT FOR THE FACT THAT THERE WAS NO KISS

Seriously. 1 minute of flashbacks has better romance than the whole anime ffs

Sep 18, 2016 3:23 PM

Jul 2016
Keldaron said:
Verifax said:

Yea.. there was also a kiss a little later. My condolences for telling you this.
Sep 18, 2016 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
Rehls said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

You guys should check the general discussion thread...

That's pretty interesting.
Sep 18, 2016 3:25 PM

Sep 2015
Zinzoo said:
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:

Well that's promising! Hope we can get that scene everyone is raging about and maybe? possibly? announcement of Season 2?
Then everyone would be happy x3

I'm just hoping it's a season 2 announcement. We wouldn't get that scene unless they knew they were going to produce a 2nd season at this point.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 18, 2016 3:26 PM

Jul 2016
AmejiHunter said:
SilverDio said:
7/10

The arc's of the mansion and the capital were pure shit. But the Badge and Betelgeuse arc were a nice show.

The only characters that I truly liked were Willhelm (total badass grandpa), Reinhardt and Felt... but they didn't got much screentime.

You do know that the capital/election arc and the betelgeuse arc are the same arc?

I didn't. I think that is better to keep it separate in my mind.

The capital's episodes were pure trash, but the Betelguese aparition made the show a lot more enjoyable (funny how he is the Sloth but is the more hardworking character of all).
Sep 18, 2016 3:26 PM
Dec 2015
Verifax said:
Keldaron said:

Yea.. there was also a kiss a little later. My condolences for telling you this.

Wait what
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck why is every ship so half hearted. Obviously everyone's gonna have a different ship but at least let one side be happy. This way only makes both sides pissed

Sep 18, 2016 3:27 PM

Jul 2015
It was OK, but the main plot barely advanced.

- Subaru and the Witch connection
- The relation of Witch and the Dragon
- The queen election and why the Dragon has such influence

Does the light novel explains anything or it doesn't have any answers also?

I will give it an 8/10. It was good. Would watch a 2nd season.
Sep 18, 2016 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
eslej said:

I think they're still unanswered, or not completely answered.
Sep 18, 2016 3:30 PM

Jul 2016
eslej said:

The web novel does(it answered the first question), the light novel is even behind the anime, and the anime is based on the light novel. Re;zero is a stupidly long story, so it's very slow in answering big questions.
Sep 18, 2016 3:32 PM
Dec 2015
[quote=eslej]It was OK, but the main plot barely advanced.

There were so many fillers I'm so mad about how they ended it. "Saves the village. Save the girl. Doesn't even kiss the girl" that's Ahobaru for you

Sep 18, 2016 3:33 PM
Jan 2015
Hongu said:

what was supposed happen :(

May 2015
If you want some rem x subaru just wait for the game!1 it has a rem route

it was a decent ending, i set my expectations too high though rip

they left some things out, im assuming its for s2????
"Because people don't have wings.. We look for ways to fly."
Jul 2018
[quote=Keldaron message=47822144]
eslej said:

There were so many fillers I'm so mad about how they ended it. "Saves the village. Save the girl. Doesn't even kiss the girl" that's Ahobaru for you

What fillers...?
Pages (35) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
7 hours ago

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

715 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 18, 1:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.