Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 7, 2016 7:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Beatrice in action again..hmm. I lol'd @ her reactions to Julian.

Well the episode had its good moments especially with Illya standing up against Ainsworth and furthermore, she reunites with Miyu again. That was a very special moment between them. Took 10 episodes but finally. About time. Good episode and lovely action as expected. Shirou also spotted....TRACE ON. 2 more episodes left ;_:
Stark700Sep 7, 2016 9:12 AM
Sep 7, 2016 8:06 AM
Jul 2011
Yeah great episode for sure. I'm also pretty happy with the changes to how things happen as well as the anime original things, worked out very well. A few of the issues in previous episodes was that they stuck too close to the manga and got poor pacing because of that. By delaying Julian coming out they successfully avoided him just sort of waiting while all the other things happened.

Also, even more lovely moments between Illya and Miyu, can never get enough of those, everything with their reunion as well as everything related to Erika was just great. The mud scene especially was amazing, actually one of the few moments where I felt the anime did a significantly better job than the manga. The animation of Erika in that scene was pretty solid as well, as were Miyu and Illya's hair throughout the episode.

And of course, the Shirou cliffhanger ending as expected.
Sep 7, 2016 8:27 AM

Apr 2010
Lot's of action lot's of betrayal and lot's of surprises it was nice almost to the level where i wish i had not read the manga so i could be surprised.
In any case Emiya doesn't deserve such a heroic cliffhanger.
Seeing all those reactions was nice tho.
Sep 7, 2016 8:47 AM
Jul 2016
Aversa said:
Lot's of action lot's of betrayal and lot's of surprises it was nice almost to the level where i wish i had not read the manga so i could be surprised.
Seeing all those reactions was nice tho.

I'm not gonna spoil but he totally deserved all the hype the anime gave him. This man as mentioned by him and foreshadowed by Angelica that he fought to get Miyu to Season 1. If you get to the Flashback arc, you will feel different.
Sep 7, 2016 8:51 AM

Sep 2009
finally Shiro is here. now it time to show people why this is the best version of him ever.

biggest question is:
komicSep 7, 2016 8:59 AM
Sep 7, 2016 9:18 AM

May 2012
Man, the friggin cliffhanger

Like that we had WHIMSICAL WAYWARD WISH again for the ed with slightly changed visuals. I liked Miyu standing next to Illya at the end.

Looking forward to the next episode with how much hype this Shirou has been getting

Sep 7, 2016 9:25 AM
Sep 2013
Glad I have avoided the manga so I can enjoy the hype.
Figured Miyu brother would be shirou from another time or something since the very start of the series.
Since the mystery of where did Miyu come from in the first place. Trace on ending cliffhanger was such a tease. Rho Aias looked amazing.
Sep 7, 2016 9:33 AM

Feb 2013
It was great seeing Erika sad.
Shirou is here to kick some ass.
Sep 7, 2016 9:40 AM

Jul 2007
Well this ended EXACTLY where I hoped. Sadly we did not get an EMIYA rendition but maybe next episode it will play? Entrance was done great, albeit not as good as in the manga because nothing can match manga's art in terms of animation.

I guess next episode is
And I still don't see how this can reach 29 in two episodes. Most likely will end with

Aversa said:

Emiya is THE protagonist of fateverse and fsn is his story in the first place a and about him.

If anything, a great entrance is the LEAST a proper work can do.
Sep 7, 2016 9:54 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Wow that was just awesome. Pretty much perfectly executed episode from start to finish and they got the cliffhanger right where it should be
Sep 7, 2016 10:12 AM

Feb 2016
will people die when they are killed now? :D Shirou Hype!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 7, 2016 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
God damn it, and I was actually enjoying the episode a lot during me being sick today, why did I had to get a cliffhanger this week? WHY? Just why this week? Come on man.

Aside from that, great episode as always. I actually enjoyed a lot of the fights despite very very few of them being rather... clunky, there were like two at least for my end. But also this really feels like the Fate series I know of, as expected from the series. I didn't caught up to the manga to the point where I last read but I did knew about this cliffhanger, where the best Shirou will appear. And my god I wanted more.

Also RIP Erika to be completely honest. I feel really bad in the end for her. ;____; Uuuuugh...
Sep 7, 2016 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was full of actions and surprises.

That cliffhanger!
Sep 7, 2016 10:34 AM
Jul 2016
Jack_Corvus96 said:

Joke aside, this Shirou is league above even HF Shirou or even Archer Emiya.
Sep 7, 2016 10:46 AM

Jul 2007
zhaoyun99 said:
Jack_Corvus96 said:

Sep 7, 2016 10:52 AM

Feb 2012
great episode, ended exactly where i expected, the changes worked really well and helped the pacing so it didn't feel rushed

hyped for next episode and it looks like it will end with
although makes me think that episode 12 is either gonna be really rushed or anime original
Sep 7, 2016 10:57 AM
Jul 2016
Fai said:
zhaoyun99 said:

Sep 7, 2016 10:59 AM

Jul 2013
A good episode.
Finally Shirou is here !
Trace on!
Sep 7, 2016 11:21 AM

Aug 2010
HYPE!!! That ending was amazing. Rho Aius was awesome.
Gil freeing Shirou was such a great scene

Julius reveal and Erica's scenes were really well done.
Beako's M too lol

Illya was really mature this ep. The part where she stopped Miyu from grabbing Julius's hand was beautiful

Anyway these nxt 2 upcoming eps are gonna be ABSOLUTE FIRE!!

Sep 7, 2016 11:24 AM

Feb 2012
Barion-Zara said:
HYPE!!! That ending was amazing. Rho Aius was awesome.
Gil freeing Shirou was such a great scene

Julius reveal and Erica's scenes were really well done.
Beako's M too lol

Illya was really mature this ep. The part where she stopped Miyu from grabbing Julius's hand was beautiful

Anyway these nxt 2 upcoming eps are gonna be ABSOLUTE FIRE!!

Sep 7, 2016 11:26 AM

Jul 2009
zhaoyun99 said:
Fai said:

WHO care about all your spoilers???

Just enjoy the beginning of a new legend.

2 epsiodes will be fair enough to close the arc up to chapter 29
bruh
Sep 7, 2016 11:34 AM
Jul 2016
kei78 said:
zhaoyun99 said:

WHO care about all your spoilers???

Just enjoy the beginning of a new legend.

2 epsiodes will be fair enough to close the arc up to chapter 29

Well, it mattered for anime only. Anyway,

CHO CHO CHO CHOOOOOOOOOOOO. MY BODY IS STILL..........................
Sep 7, 2016 11:50 AM

Jul 2009
zhaoyun99 said:

wasnt only destinated for you

got bored of this forum to be flood with personal jugemenst about this or that character chitchat.

the true question (that i ask few week ago) is
bruh
Sep 7, 2016 12:05 PM

Feb 2016
Fai said:
zhaoyun99 said:

Cool to hear that, cant wait then :D
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 7, 2016 12:08 PM
Jul 2016
kei78 said:
zhaoyun99 said:

got bored of this forum to be flood with personal jugemenst about this or that character chitchat.

The anticipation, bro.
Sep 7, 2016 12:33 PM

Jul 2009
zhaoyun99 said:
kei78 said:

The anticipation, bro.

Rewath the end of the episode and insert any of that ost (aside of prillya one) just when R** A*** is casted.
Sounds way more badass
bruh
Sep 7, 2016 12:46 PM
Jul 2016
kei78 said:
zhaoyun99 said:

The anticipation, bro.

Rewath the end of the episode and insert any of that ost (aside of prillya one) just when R** A*** is casted.
Sounds way more badass

Maybe they saved it for the "Do you have enough..." scene.
Sep 7, 2016 12:52 PM

Jul 2007
Aint it nice when two people are spamming the thread with untagged spoilers while treating it as a chat.
Sep 7, 2016 1:02 PM

Jun 2015
My body is made of hype. Move aside, Illya, and watch how a real hero does things. Slightly disappointed that there was no Emiya playing, but I expect to hear it next week.

Sep 7, 2016 1:55 PM

Aug 2012
Sooo much Emiya hype, just when I thought this couldn't get any hyper!!
Sep 7, 2016 3:22 PM

Aug 2010
Shirou being done justice in an anime adaptation!!!???? What sorcery is this? Those last couple of seconds were more badass than the entirety of all the Shirou scenes in all of the past adaptations. Yes, including the ending of ufoUBW. Kudos, Silver Link.

I'm currently away from home, so I don't have the time (or the internet) to go into depth detailing my opinion of the episode, so I'll just give it the10/10 and move on and save it until next week.

Man, it feels good to be a Fate fan right now.
astroprogsSep 7, 2016 3:25 PM
Sep 7, 2016 3:35 PM

Apr 2014
Shirou Emiya

A fucking legend

Sep 7, 2016 3:56 PM

Sep 2015
was that cube thing from fate extra???
Into the Internet!
Sep 7, 2016 4:36 PM

Jul 2007
ListAandM said:
was that cube thing from fate extra???

Thats quite a valid theory as
which fits with the whole thing of Julian/Darius "recording" a myth.
Sep 7, 2016 4:41 PM

Dec 2015
Am I the only one amazed here at how a spinoff can hold its own to its original.
Sep 7, 2016 4:50 PM

Jul 2007
The fact that Prillya so far has been almost perfectly adapted while FSN only has trainwreck trash of adaptations helps with that.
Sep 7, 2016 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
The fact that Prillya so far has been almost perfectly adapted while FSN only has trainwreck trash of adaptations helps with that.

I heard that only UBW was the one close to being a perfect adaption from what I was told, then again I haven't read the Visual Novel just yet due to me trying to find one without the Hentai scenes.

But eh I can only comment the only trainwreck adaption I've seen from Fate was 2006... I only watch a slim clip comparison video from a friend of mine and I puked so much.
Sep 7, 2016 5:01 PM

Oct 2011
omfg shirou emiya! !!!!! Rho Auius ahhhhhhhhhhh😍😍😍😍😍
Sep 7, 2016 5:21 PM
Sep 2015
After all that build up, Miyu is finally rescued and regains her resolve. Plus our heroes finally figure out who the antagonists truly are and the scale of their plans. I wonder how they'll resolve this situation.

On less relevant news, Miyu's older brother is a Shirou Emiya. Big whoop...
Kidding. His appearance was well done and even when I've already read the manga, the excitement from reading it came back here. Next episode needs an EMIYA track to raise the current ratings of this anime.

astroprogs said:
Shirou being done justice in an anime adaptation!!!???? What sorcery is this? Those last couple of seconds were more badass than the entirety of all the Shirou scenes in all of the past adaptations. Yes, including the ending of ufoUBW. Kudos, Silver Link.

I concur. A proper badass introduction into a badass scene (with that Rho Aias). That was great

Sep 7, 2016 5:25 PM

Jul 2007
TheLittleRedHero said:

I heard that only UBW was the one close to being a perfect adaption from what I was told, then again I haven't read the Visual Novel just yet due to me trying to find one without the Hentai scenes.

UfoUBW was prettier Deen but with less route mixing. Same level of writing, same level of incompetent production staff, same level of director having no idea what he is doing, same level of "adapting" and actually even worse pacing than in DEEN verison. It was pretty much a cash grab throw-away adaptation that Ufo did not bother to allocate proper people to work on it. Sure it got the general order of events right but it utterly failed both in atmosphere, directing and characterization to the point that half the last episode thread is anime onlies making incorrect assumptions(with other half being those who read the VN correcting them). It rushed the moments that should be taken slower, it skipped the moments that actually explain things and and actually make characters make sense and then it slowed down on things that literally have no purpose but to fill the space. Hey who needs the main character actually having monologues that explain his philosophy and psychology, if we can have 4 minute long scene where characters do nothing but eat or walk past landmarks! But hey it had pretty explosions!

tl;dr: it was pretty much Michael Bay adaptation kind of deal.

Prillya so far is the only fate show where, barring Episodes 7 and 8 in the first season, everything has been handled correctly.
AhenshihaelSep 7, 2016 5:31 PM
Sep 7, 2016 5:34 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

UfoUBW was prettier Deen but with less route mixing. Same level of writing, same level of incompetent production staff, same level of director having no idea what he is doing, same level of "adapting" and actually even worse pacing than in DEEN verison. It was pretty much a cash grab throw-away adaptation that Ufo did not bother to allocate proper people to work on it. Sure it got the general order of events right but it utterly failed both in atmosphere, directing and characterization to the point that half the last episode thread is anime onlies making incorrect assumptions(with other half being those who read the VN correcting them). It rushed the moments that should be taken slower, it skipped the moments that actually explain things and and actually make characters make sense and then it slowed down on things that literally have no purpose but to fill the space. Hey who needs the main character actually having monologues that explain his philosophy and psychology, if we can have 4 minute long scene where characters do nothing but eat or walk past landmarks! But hey it had pretty explosions!

Prillya so far is the only fate show where, barring Episodes 7 and 8 in the first season, everything has been handled correctly.

Ah I see then, well that would make sense in a way, still I haven't read the source but I did kinda got the message from an anime only point of view that is of course.

Another question, weren't there like filler episodes in Prillya? I was told from a friend of mine that at least in 2wei + Herz there were some anime original content plastered around, but it was beneficial for the story line from what I was aware of.
Sep 7, 2016 5:41 PM

Mar 2011
Trace...
ON

SHEEEEEROOO MY BOY!!!!

Good episode, that Julian though, Beatrice really loves him.
I felt sorry for Erica, but Miyu did good in telling her the truth. I didn't like her but still felt bad for her.
It's been a while since I got this hyped for an anime, now I hope we get a good bgm for our boy to make this even better
Sep 7, 2016 5:53 PM
Sep 2015
Fai pretty much covered what I felt was wrong with UfoUBW (though I can bring up some points but will not to save us both time). It does not do the source material justice and as a result, people unfamiliar with Nasuverse works tend to misunderstand the source material based on said anime. Hence the insistence that anime viewers should read the VNs first.

TheLittleRedHero said:

Another question, weren't there like filler episodes in Prillya? I was told from a friend of mine that at least in 2wei + Herz there were some anime original content plastered around, but it was beneficial for the story line from what I was aware of.

There were filler episodes for the first half (some IIRC were omake chapters from the actual 2rei manga). Many of them serve to establish how close Ilya, Miyu and Kuro were that nicely establishes why Ilya would never abandon them and why Kuro will always be loyal to them even when she suggests otherwise. They also bring up foreshadowing about Caren and do some world-building (though Tatsuko can be rather vexing after some time).
Sep 7, 2016 6:15 PM

Nov 2010
This episode.

Actually, it was even better than in manga, as I couldn't quite make out what's been happening in the manga itself at some points, something which anime ended up clarifying. Pacing was also great, with the ending right where it should've been. Only complaint is that I didn't get Illya's line I wanted, but eh, I would be ungrateful little shit if I asked for more at this point.

It can't be emphasized enough, but it's ironic that "loli mahou shoujo spinoff" is doing Fate/ series better justice than DEEN and ufotable together. If I had money, I'd throw it at Silver Link.

And.

That ending.

That entrance.

That... lack of EMIYA but I'll forgive it if we get it right off the bat in the next episode.

That fixed design.

That Rho Aias.

That entrance.

Finally. After all that waiting. After being utterly disappointed by the trash that is ufoUBW. It is finally here. A proper anime representation of Shirou. All of DEEN and ufotable was contained in those 10 seconds of epicness. And now it's time to surpass that.

CerberusGate said:
Fai pretty much covered what I felt was wrong with UfoUBW (though I can bring up some points but will not to save us both time). It does not do the source material justice and as a result, people unfamiliar with Nasuverse works tend to misunderstand the source material based on said anime. Hence the insistence that anime viewers should read the VNs first.

To add to this, it doesn't help that ufoUBW was released after Fate/Zero, further fueling up the confusion of anime-onlies... and giving massive headaches to those who read the source material because VN readers often had to provide additional explanations which anime adaptation omitted in favor of explosions. Not to mention that adaptation focused on wrong things and provided almost no characterization to the characters which needed it the most (Shirou first and foremost).

Will Heaven's Feel, a movie series adapting 3rd route, end up good? Maybe, but to be honest, at this point it just doesn't matter anymore. Prillya already did better justice to Fate/ than ufotable ever will.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Sep 7, 2016 6:29 PM

Mar 2015
Aurioch said:

Will Heaven's Feel, a movie series adapting 3rd route, end up good? Maybe, but to be honest, at this point it just doesn't matter anymore. Prillya already did better justice to Fate/ than ufotable ever will.

The delusion is strong

TheLittleRedHero said:
Fai said:

Ah I see then, well that would make sense in a way, still I haven't read the source but I did kinda got the message from an anime only point of view that is of course.

Don't trust Fai blindly since he is extremely biased. Watch UBW and take your own conclusions out of it

I'd also like to say that while DEEN F/SN's animation is shit, it isn't actually that crappy
Sep 7, 2016 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
MightyM16 said:
Aurioch said:

The delusion is strong

TheLittleRedHero said:

Don't trust Fai blindly since he is extremely biased. Watch UBW and take your own conclusions out of it

I'd also like to say that while DEEN F/SN's animation is shit, it isn't actually that crappy

I mean I already watched Unlimited Blade Works as I personally don't have issues with the anime as a viewer. I actually like it, hence I do not understand much about his statement there previously. The thing I'm kinda pointing out is why is Fai complaining at least adaptation wise of course. Again I can't really judge adaptation wise since I have not read the Original Visual Novel.
removed-userSep 7, 2016 6:41 PM
Sep 7, 2016 6:42 PM

Mar 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
MightyM16 said:

The delusion is strong

I mean I already watched Unlimited Blade Works as I personally don't have issues with the anime as a viewer. I actually like it, hence I do not understand much about his statement there previously. The thing I'm kinda pointing out is why is Fai complaining at least adaptation wise of course. Again I can't really judge adaptation wise since I have not read the Original Visual Novel.

I see, Fai is bitter and biased about UBW and Ufotable in general so it's best to not listen to him when these points are concerned
Sep 7, 2016 7:01 PM
Sep 2015
MightyM16 said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

I see, Fai is bitter and biased about UBW and Ufotable in general so it's best to not listen to him when these points are concerned

Fai does have a point, bias and bitterness aside. I'm not even a huge Fate fan (just a basic fan, mind you) but I do see the merits of his criticisms (while noting that some may be pettiness at work) and can argue why the UfoUBW anime was not a good adaptation of the UBW route.

If you like it, more power to you since I'm not trying to change minds here. I just feel that the UfoUBW anime does not do the source material enough justice and thus, I understand why UfoUBW is a flawed product. This particular incarnation of Shirou in this series has the potential to be the best depiction of Shirou and I, for one, hope Silver Link can do it more justice (like have internalized monologues of making strategies etc.) than what we got in UfoUBW.

@TheLittleRedHero I do recommend reading the source material. It clears up a lot of things left unsaid by the anime and even has scenes that are arguably superior than ufoUBW (like the Saber vs Assassin fight with proper reasons on why the outcome came to be).
CerberusGateSep 7, 2016 7:04 PM
Sep 7, 2016 7:10 PM

Mar 2015
CerberusGate said:
MightyM16 said:

Fai does have a point, bias and bitterness aside. I'm not even a huge Fate fan (just a basic fan, mind you) but I do see the merits of his criticisms (while noting that some may be pettiness at work) and can argue why the UfoUBW anime was not a good adaptation of the UBW route.

If you like it, more power to you since I'm not trying to change minds here. I just feel that the UfoUBW anime does not do the source material enough justice and thus, I understand why UfoUBW is a flawed product. This particular incarnation of Shirou in this series has the potential to be the best depiction of Shirou and I, for one, hope Silver Link can do it more justice (like have internalized monologues of making strategies etc.) than what we got in UfoUBW.

@TheLittleRedHero I do recommend reading the source material. It clears up a lot of things left unsaid by the anime and even has scenes that are arguably superior than ufoUBW (like the Saber vs Assassin fight with proper reasons on why the outcome came to be).

I'm not saying UfoUBW is perfect but Fai does exaggerate on it's flaws a lot and is completely and utterly unreasonable about it. Shirou is fine in it, it's harder to adapt a vidual novel compared to a manga and Ufotable did a fine job in their venture, it's quite funny because he is willingly to overlook flaws in Prisma and SL in general

I honestly don't see what part of the fanbase sees in Miyuverse Shirou, he
, he is cool enough and will probably be handled well by SL though
Sep 7, 2016 7:39 PM

Apr 2012
Finally Shirou has arrived! I'm so excited for the next two episodes.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

255 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 7, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2016

128 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

68 by The_Void_State_ »»
Mar 9, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2016

85 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.