Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2016 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh I think the episode was okay, more comedic than I had anticipated but whatever. I' not really a fan of battle royale themes though..

Also Crow got carded? The hell? He's one of my favorite characters from the franchise. The duel were..meh compared to some of the main ones this arc imo. Gongenzaka and Yuya's opponent is surprisingly strong with those fusion combos. Also, Jack is back! Nice.
Aug 28, 2016 2:03 AM
Jun 2011
poor crow one of my feivorite characters got carded. i glad jack came before gon carded too
Aug 28, 2016 2:22 AM

Sep 2011
Gladiator Beasts are pretty crazy I say but BB's just basically another Kachidoki (without the whole Level 0 joke). Just when I thought it'd be more comedic and nothing was going to be off of the next episode's cast list, Arc-V hits pretty hard.

Yeah, poor Crow RIP. ;__; BWs are one of my favorite archetypes but at least the guy died while he was smiling. And Gon-chan too, I was prepared for him get carded on the last moment 'cause he was going for the whole "died like the manly man he was" noble sacrifice thing. I really feel Jack in the next episode's preview lol.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Aug 28, 2016 3:38 AM
Dec 2011
First Tsukikage, now Crow. And Sawatari useless as always, Crow even broke his duel disk so he can't duel lol. Why do the writers do this... we finally see the Lancers in action, only for the writers to off-screen, or immobilize, almost a half of their group.

Did Gongenzaka just activate an Action Card?! Wow, what a guy. Shame he paid the price for it the same turn. At least he didn't get carded.

Anyways, we finally get the Level 7 Superheavy synchro, and its a ninja just like the Level 8 one. Also the new Gladiator Beast fusion... which doesn't look good to me.

Lol, Battle Beast reminds of Accelerator from Index.

All hail the King!!

I hope they beat the Beast and Sanders without Jack getting carded.
(I dunno, I just think something bad will happen to Jack because of all the recent happenings, like him sacrificing himself for Yuya just like Gongenzaka... hope not.)
Aug 28, 2016 5:04 AM
Jul 2015
I wouldn't be surprised or shock if any of the lancers get carded even if it is a legacy character.Plus their carding is not that emotional compare to barians death in zexal. The lancers needs to get carded for plot amour.So far arc v has been light hearted and goofy and now this is the final arc the final arc should always get serious. every yugioh series final arc is dark. i am not shocked when tsuki or crow got carded. I am pretty sure before 2016 ends the writers are going to make the entire lancers except Yuya getting carded.i hope we get to see more important characters getting carded and plot becoming more darker.Guess the writers finally understand how aki was treated when crow stole her place. and they carded crow to make akis fans happy. If crow didn't get carded then he will steal other characters spotlight.I am pretty sure Shun we go full of berserk when he hears this.I wonder who will be the next legacy character to get carded after crow
Aug 28, 2016 5:38 AM
Apr 2013
I don't really like Crow being carded, but at least the way Crow got carded was better than Tsukikage. The only thing that make me happy in this episode is the way Jack enter the Duel! I am so looking forward with the Duel next week!

Other than that, I really don't have much say about this episode... I'm loss at words...
Aug 28, 2016 6:32 AM

Oct 2014
They really shouldn't have revealed that carding can be reversed. Now I can't take any of these moments seriously. Crow destroying Sawatari's duel disk was completely pointless, when we've already seen that Academia dueslists can card anyone they want regardless if they have a duel disk or not. If anything, that was just a cheap excuse of having Sawatari not duel.
Aug 28, 2016 6:44 AM
Jun 2011
RayofVictory said:
They really shouldn't have revealed that carding can be reversed. Now I can't take any of these moments seriously. Crow destroying Sawatari's duel disk was completely pointless, when we've already seen that Academia dueslists can card anyone they want regardless if they have a duel disk or not. If anything, that was just a cheap excuse of having Sawatari not duel.
i will be suprised if they will carded jack.
Aug 28, 2016 7:09 AM

Oct 2014
elior1 said:
RayofVictory said:

I wouldn't. If they had the balls to card Crow, they definetely have the balls to card anyone really.
Aug 28, 2016 7:12 AM
Jun 2011
RayofVictory said:
elior1 said:

I wouldn't. If they had the balls to card Crow, they definetely have the balls to card anyone really.
but jack is one of the most strongest dualists around. i think only yuri can defeat him since he one of the main villains
Aug 28, 2016 8:48 AM
Nov 2007
RayofVictory said:

Well, they really didn't. Edo stated they were supposed to be "reborn in the new utopia" and Edo notably lacks any understanding of the inner workings of Leo's plan as shown by the fact that he didn't seem to know about Yuzu or even Yusho's relationship with Leo, so his claim is a little questionable at best. There was never an outright statement that they had a de-carding machine or anything of the sort to make the problem magically go away.

And even if there was, this is basically a Namek Arc situation where: while the possibility of saving their friends exists, there's a real chance they won't be able to save anyone at all.

Eh, we haven't seen evidence that academia duelists can card people with duel disks without dueling either. A lot of Battle Beast's stuff seemed like it was just a montage of duels vs fodder that we only ever saw the end moments of. So, I'd say that Crow damaging Sawatari's duel disk works for the purpose of saving him during that duel and to alert the lancers, who ultimately arrived in time to save him before he could be carded by getting into a duel with the battle beast themselves. It was never a true solution, just a reasonable quick fix that happened to work out.
Aug 28, 2016 9:31 AM

Sep 2011
Msamuleman69 said:
Eh, we haven't seen evidence that academia duelists can card people with duel disks without dueling either.

How did Obelisks then card the people in Heartland who were not duelists? I remember the girl whom Asuka escaped with said she was so traumatized 'cause they carded duelists, kids, and old people alike.
RukaliiniAug 28, 2016 9:52 AM
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Aug 28, 2016 3:25 PM

Feb 2013
Crow saved Sawatari, dunno why he did it, he is always useless.
Gongenzaka was kinda cool.
But Jack is here, the rest doesn't even matter.
Aug 28, 2016 3:58 PM

Jul 2015
So, what's the deal lately with everyone only summoning one monster? It's ridiculous. One card effect that destroys a card, and you are wide open...

Oh, and I have a feeling that the "uncarding" will be a result of Yuya's pendant and Pendulum Summoning.
Aug 28, 2016 4:24 PM
Sep 2014
Ulquiorra said:
Crow saved Sawatari, dunno why he did it, he is always useless.

I dunno maybe because Crow's a noble guy? In this scenario only a jerk and quite frankly an idiot wouldn't try and find a way to allow that at least a one of their comrades survive. Even just a single one of them surviving would have been better than none of them making it out and Crow not only saved Sawatari but helped expose BB to avoid Yuya and Gongenzaka from falling into his trap as well.

As bad a decision it is to keep offscreen carding established characters just to hype up these random nobodies we never heard of until now, I can let this incident slide if it helps allows for Sawatari and maybe Gongenzaka getting the character development that they've been robbed of for years.

Though I'm really baffled at the fact that Acdemia has known ways of brainwashing people and yet rather than using those methods on BB to make him a reliable enforcer or at the very least something similar to what Sergey was they just keep him locked up and kept using their pathetic Jobelisk Forces to try and get anything done.
Aug 28, 2016 5:19 PM

Oct 2011
CROW!!!!!!!!!!NOOOOOOO! !!!!!!!
You will pay battle beast
Aug 28, 2016 5:39 PM
Apr 2013
Bill_the_Cat said:
So, what's the deal lately with everyone only summoning one monster? It's ridiculous. One card effect that destroys a card, and you are wide open...

Oh, and I have a feeling that the "uncarding" will be a result of Yuya's pendant and Pendulum Summoning.

I've thought something like that as well lately. Maybe Reo knows about Yuya and his pendant so that's why he told Sanders to make sure that out of all Lancers, Yuya must be eliminated.
Aug 28, 2016 5:52 PM
Feb 2016
Aw man, not Crow. He was so much cooler than Sawatari...

Although I definitely hate BB now.
Aug 28, 2016 7:28 PM
Apr 2013
WTF? Gladiator beasts so strong. How many times did he use the special abilities in 1 turn? It's like he could just keep on attacking forever.
Aug 29, 2016 12:21 AM

May 2008
Atleast we don't get more fucking bird... All hail the Battle Beast...
Aug 29, 2016 1:17 AM

Oct 2014
I have a feeling that Arc-V is written by salty GX fanboys. Also, Glads finally took their revenge on Blackwings for losing to them in the 2009 world championship.
Aug 29, 2016 1:56 AM

Jul 2016
wow, gladiator beast deck can loop special summon and attack in one battle phase...
Aug 29, 2016 4:31 AM
Aug 2015
Nice to see Jack is back and its a shame that Crow got carded was hoping for more from him, a tag duel with Crow and Jack :/. Looking forward to next episode though, now that Jack is here, Academia is finished! haha. Oh, and Battle Beast's deck is so OP...
Aug 29, 2016 9:27 AM

Jul 2013
First Tsukikage and now Crow, RIP. Useless Sawatari is useless, and Gongensaka is fodder as always.
Why would Yuya set scale 6 and 8 though? Isn't that the worst possible scale to use? I know he wanted to summon Odd eyes but still.
How would destroying Sawatari's disk do him any good? Didn't the teacher say sth like "if you don't duel, you will be carded from the get go"? If anything destroying his disk would make him even more vulnerable.
Aug 29, 2016 9:41 AM

Oct 2014
JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 29, 2016 4:29 PM
Jan 2014
RayofVictory said:
I have a feeling that Arc-V is written by salty GX fanboys. Also, Glads finally took their revenge on Blackwings for losing to them in the 2009 world championship.

Eeeh... We had an epispde of Yuuri murdering our childhood 5v1. I really don't think Arc V is on anyone's side.
Aug 30, 2016 7:35 AM

Jul 2016
Jack's here and that's cool I guess
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Sep 1, 2016 5:54 PM
Sep 2012
So I was kind of right, this villain is a student that went insane, not sure if I can call him an ex student. Anyway this guy is insane, and I put a lot of blame on the teacher, I feel bad for this guy, I feel for all the students, this teacher is a jerk.

Anyway it happened Crow got carded, he is gone for the rest of series, we just got him back, but they made up for it in the end, with a little surprise.

Gong put up a good fight, and I really thought that was it for him, but last second to my surprise, Jack Atlas for the save. I exchange Crow for Jack all right, though who is running the Syncho world with all the heroes from that world coming to help Yuya and company.
Sep 2, 2016 12:17 PM

Mar 2014
It's nice to see Gladiator Beasts do some work, considering its a GX era archetype. But nostalgia aside, I have a few thoughts overall.

I wish interruptions would stop happening. I hate it when a character is cornered and someone saves the day. It's been used a bit too much.

Some of the more memorable duels were from the earlier episodes, I hope that as the show is slowly drawing near to its conclusion that it can go back to what made me hooked on it in the first place.
Sep 3, 2016 10:33 AM

Oct 2014
Apparently, the green Superheavy Samurai pendulum has an effect that increases levels by 1. So, if Gongenzaka used that effect to increase the tuner's Level by 1 and tune it with the other Level 3, he could've summoned Shutendoji, nuke BB's backrow and destroy Laquari, then use the other pendulum's effect, allowing Shutendoji to attack twice for game. Basically, Gongenzaka had all the cards he needed to win on his turn. That was one of the most dumbest misplays I've ever seen in the anime. Now I really can't take BB seriously when I know that Gongenzaka could've rekt him, if only he knew how to play his deck properly.
RayofVictorySep 3, 2016 10:40 AM
Sep 23, 2016 10:47 AM

Jan 2013
Crow got carded with almost Gongenzaka aswell.
Jack arrives!
Oct 12, 2016 3:35 PM

May 2013
Crow being carded was kind of pointless, unless it was to build for Jacks entrance.
Still pretty weak though.
& I feel like they are going to give Sawatari's character growth soon, right before he gets carded.
Still, glad to see Jack again. Hope he dominates for a few episodes before they lose him to.
Nov 23, 2017 7:55 AM

Mar 2014
Crow died a hero. :( Well, he still gets screentime in 5D's so it's alright.
Sad that Sawatari never got the chance to shine in a duel. He is probably my favorite character but it sucks for the mc's rival to have so little development.
Mar 10, 2019 9:26 PM

Dec 2012
They got turned into cards.
Battle Beast?
Crow thinks he can't win.
Crow attacks Sawatari.
His duel disk is damaged.
Ore no taan!
Crow lost!
The Battle Beast! He has 100 LP left!
Crow got turned into a card! The disrespect of older characters continues.
He can talk.
Duel!
Gongenzaka protected Yuya.
Gongenzaka lost!
A D-Wheel?
Dat A! Is it really?
JACK!!!!!!

BB OP as fock!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 13, 2020 9:50 PM

Jan 2017
The BB guy is really strong, beated Crow and turned him into a card

The man Gongenzaka has lost again, that sucks

Good to see Jack is returning in this arc
Aug 9, 2020 5:02 PM

Feb 2014
Sawatari actually cried when Crow got turned into a card, wasn't expecting that kind of development from him.

This guys uses Gladiator Beast arquetipe, an arquetipe I could never really fully undertand.

Shinobi-AC, that mofo gave me some hard times in Duel Links, Kuriboh and WoD don't work on defence position monsters.

Gaizares, another mofo that got some OTKs on me.
Apr 15, 8:43 AM

Mar 2020
JACK IS HERE TO STEAL THE SHOW AGAIN
Apr 15, 8:44 AM

Mar 2020
Reply to Punkero
Sawatari actually cried when Crow got turned into a card, wasn't expecting that kind of development from him.

This guys uses Gladiator Beast arquetipe, an arquetipe I could never really fully undertand.

Shinobi-AC, that mofo gave me some hard times in Duel Links, Kuriboh and WoD don't work on defence position monsters.

Gaizares, another mofo that got some OTKs on me.
@Punkero sawatari is not that bad lol, he changed a lot since his first appearence

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Yesterday, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 132 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 16, 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.