Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2016 1:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow that was a tense episode.

So Yuuya and some of his friends got captured while on their way to save Yuzu and the others, although they did manage to get free. Felt kinda meh for the episode, more of another buildup but without any significant duels compared to the previous episodes.

That forest does have some sadistic duelists though, seems some characters has a fond of carding others..
Aug 14, 2016 2:27 AM
Jun 2011
this was mostly build up episode for the upcoming ones. but next episode we will finally see ruri deck
Aug 14, 2016 2:31 AM
Apr 2013
I feel sorry for Tsukikage. Not only even though he was chosen as Lancers but rarely appears, and most of his on-screen Duel ended up losing until someone saved him, and now he was carded just like that...
I'm not too excited watching this episode, but it's nice to know more some of Academia students.

Finally, next episode will be the showdown between the Kurosaki siblings! And Shun, how did you move like that?! I'm looking forward to see the flashback between the siblings, though it doesn't seem good with Shun tossing aside Little Fairy that Sayaka gave to Ruri. Does this mean Shun at first didn't get along well with Sayaka and the others from Clover branch or something?
Aug 14, 2016 2:31 AM

Apr 2016
elior1 said:
this was mostly build up episode for the upcoming ones. but next episode we will finally see ruri deck

I can't wait to see it! :D
Aug 14, 2016 2:37 AM
Jun 2011
Frost190 said:
I feel sorry for Tsukikage. Not only even though he was chosen as Lancers but rarely appears, and most of his on-screen Duel ended up losing until someone saved him, and now he was carded just like that...
I'm not too excited watching this episode, but it's nice to know more some of Academia students.

Finally, next episode will be the showdown between the Kurosaki siblings! And Shun, how did you move like that?! I'm looking forward to see the flashback between the siblings, though it doesn't seem good with Shun tossing aside Little Fairy that Sayaka gave to Ruri. Does this mean Shun at first didn't get along well with Sayaka and the others from Clover branch or something?
birds deck vs raptor deck next episode should be intresting
Aug 14, 2016 3:01 AM
Apr 2013
elior1 said:
Frost190 said:

Calling it birds deck vs raptor deck isn't quite right because Raptor is also a type of bird, birds that hunt and feed on other animals to be precise. But since it's not mentioned what kind of bird that Ruri is using, we need to wait next week to know what kind of bird that Ruri is using in her deck.
Aug 14, 2016 3:16 AM
Jun 2011
Frost190 said:
elior1 said:

Calling it birds deck vs raptor deck isn't quite right because Raptor is also a type of bird, birds that hunt and feed on other animals to be precise. But since it's not mentioned what kind of bird that Ruri is using, we need to wait next week to know what kind of bird that Ruri is using in her deck.
by the glimpse of her monster in the preview i say it some kind of mix between angel and bird
Aug 14, 2016 6:19 AM
Sep 2014
I stopped caring about this series ages ago, the only character I've stuck around for is Sawatari so I'm definitely dropping this series if Sawatari gets offscreen carded. I already came to terms with his carding when I thought it was going to be Yuri but I did not sign up for this bullcrap. I'm already salty enough with their bad writing but if the writers really go through with carding him in such an idiotic and poorly written manner than they can keep their asinine egao and nostalgia shilling because I'm out.
Aug 14, 2016 8:15 AM
Apr 2013
I just remembered, Reo told Sanders "Sakaki Yuya dake wa kanarazu shitomeru". If my translation is correct, it means "Sakaki Yuya is the only one that you absolutely must eliminate".

If this is true, I'm so worried for Yuya now...! Why Reo ordered such a thing?! Doesn't this means, that rather than being part of Academia plan, it's more like that Yuya is in the way of the Academia's plan?! So my guess in previous thread was correct that Reo only need Yuri for this Revival Zero thing? But how about Yugo and Yuto?

Reo doesn't seem to pay attention to Yugo even though he is one of Yuri's counterparts. Why Yuya is the only one that must be eliminated? (TT_TT)
Aug 14, 2016 8:39 AM
Dec 2011
Did Tsukikage and Sawatari lose yet another duel... I guess we're back to another Yuma! Yuma! Astral! Astral! yugioh series...
Aug 14, 2016 1:50 PM

Sep 2011
Missed the stream but finally watched the raw. Definitely not a bad episode, maybe a tad too slow but it still felt good to have a plot episode right after a Duel. But in other words, 'cause the game's name's Survival Duel, only one person will remain at the end and the game ends, if I understood correctly? Or is it when the other team is wiped out?

Poor Tsuki, first he felt like it was his fault for "leading" them into the trap and then he gets carded. Reira will definitely break down when he hears 'bout this. :/

Battle Beast is a pretty... beastly guy considering he just kills his teammates. :P I hope Sawatari didn't get carded as well... Seems like Ruri uses some low-level birds, it's been a while since I saw someone use Rank 1/2 (also dank 4 materials.)
RukaliiniAug 16, 2016 3:57 AM
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Aug 14, 2016 3:56 PM

Sep 2015
from Fish vs Fish on ZEXAL to Bird vs Bird

confirmed Jack gone for good? (i wish he join later for final battle(
Into the Internet!
Aug 14, 2016 5:42 PM
Feb 2016
Aw man, RIP Tsukikage, I liked him. I could care less about Sawatari though, so if he goes I'm totally fine with it. The poor Fusion Duelists though.

Next episode hype though. I am SO looking forward to Shun vs. Ruri.
Aug 15, 2016 12:22 AM
Apr 2013
ListAandM said:
from Fish vs Fish on ZEXAL to Bird vs Bird

confirmed Jack gone for good? (i wish he join later for final battle(

Jack will...(don't open the tag if you don't want to know the spoiler)
Aug 15, 2016 3:50 AM

Feb 2013
A wild duelist is taking down everyone in the jungle,cool.
Aug 15, 2016 6:41 AM

Mar 2012
Alright, the mysterious wild duelist is using Glad Beasts! I'm pumped to see some new members and support for those guys.
Aug 15, 2016 9:04 AM

Oct 2014
Filler ep is filler. I didn't expected anything and was still disappointed.
Aug 15, 2016 11:14 AM

Jul 2016
Glad to see the Gladiator Beasts once again, I hope that means Konami will release some new GB cards.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Aug 15, 2016 11:15 AM

Jul 2016
hmm... okay... so... what should I commented? That time when Tsukikage attack and then just destroy both of his monsters... It's just like you dueling someone with a very huge panel in front of you so you cannot see your opponent and all your opponent's card, field, etc. Can we try that in real life?
Aug 15, 2016 10:34 PM

Oct 2011
Tsukikage nooooooo
Omg Sawatari nooooooo
Aug 15, 2016 10:36 PM
Jun 2011
RayofVictory said:
not only that but the thing with the jungle filler didn't over in this episode
Aug 16, 2016 12:49 AM
Apr 2013
RayofVictory said:

Since the writer is Kamishiro Tsutomu, I thought this episode won't be a filler, but I guess this is included as a filler episode, huh...?
Aug 16, 2016 4:00 AM

Sep 2011
Frost190 said:
If this is true, I'm so worried for Yuya now...! Why Reo ordered such a thing?! Doesn't this means, that rather than being part of Academia plan, it's more like that Yuya is in the way of the Academia's plan?! So my guess in previous thread was correct that Reo only need Yuri for this Revival Zero thing? But how about Yugo and Yuto?

I have a feeling that there's more to Leo's plan than just "hey go kill Sakaki Yuya", he seems like the guy who doesn't convey/tell his plans directly with such little peaces here and there being part of his grander plan. Maybe he wants to see Yuya's strength/how he can manage, or maybe he wants to see him go Berserk? There could be many theories about this, but one thing I'm sure 'bout is that he's not really planning to kill/doesn't want Yuya to get killed.
RukaliiniAug 16, 2016 1:24 PM

Aug 16, 2016 8:39 AM
Apr 2013
Rukaliini said:
Frost190 said:

I have a feeling that there's more to Leo's plan than just "hey go kill Sakaki Yuya", he seems like the guy who doesn't convey/tell his plans directly with such little things being part of his grander plan. Maybe he wants to see Yuya's strength/how he can manage, or maybe he wants to see him go Berserk? There could be many theories about this, but one thing I'm sure 'bout is that he's not really planning to kill/doesn't want Yuya to get killed.

If it turns out just as you said I'll be glad. I wonder how many episodes left until they finally reveal the mysteries behind Yuya and his counterparts and their dragons and the bracelet girls...
Aug 16, 2016 11:57 AM

Mar 2014
ninja deck is always trash
Aug 18, 2016 6:22 AM

Jul 2015
Frost190 said:
Rukaliini said:

I have a feeling that there's more to Leo's plan than just "hey go kill Sakaki Yuya", he seems like the guy who doesn't convey/tell his plans directly with such little things being part of his grander plan. Maybe he wants to see Yuya's strength/how he can manage, or maybe he wants to see him go Berserk? There could be many theories about this, but one thing I'm sure 'bout is that he's not really planning to kill/doesn't want Yuya to get killed.

If it turns out just as you said I'll be glad. I wonder how many episodes left until they finally reveal the mysteries behind Yuya and his counterparts and their dragons and the bracelet girls...

I'm wondering if Yuri isn't being mind controlled...
Aug 18, 2016 7:02 AM
Apr 2013
Bill_the_Cat said:
Frost190 said:

I'm also thinking the same thing. Seeing the way Ruri and Rin behaves, I started to wonder that Yuri maybe also being controlled. If Yuri has Parasite Fusioner, then that means he is controlled. If he is controlled, I'm wondering again why kind of person Yuri is before being controlled?
Aug 18, 2016 9:05 AM

Sep 2011
Frost190 said:
Bill_the_Cat said:

I'm also thinking the same thing. Seeing the way Ruri and Rin behaves, I started to wonder that Yuri maybe also being controlled. If Yuri has Parasite Fusioner, then that means he is controlled. If he is controlled, I'm wondering again why kind of person Yuri is before being controlled?

I remember in a review it was stated that he just joined Academia 'cause he finds it fun, but the kiddo Yuri didn't seem like the super sadistic guy he is now. He looked more like a shy and an innocent guy who'd be easily bullied and beaten by the crude Serena lol. Maybe he could mindcontrolled by something/is brainwashed just like the LDS trio was without the parasites in the picture?

But yeah, I wanna know the legend/truth about the bracelets and dragons soon. Maybe we'll hear it around October when the OP/ED also changes? (possibly) If it's like that then I can't wait. But we'll also probably shown some smaller parts 'bout the whole picture rather than the whole picture at once.

Aug 18, 2016 9:58 AM
Apr 2013
Rukaliini said:
Frost190 said:

I remember in a review it was stated that he just joined Academia 'cause he finds it fun, but the kiddo Yuri didn't seem like the super sadistic guy he is now. He looked more like a shy and an innocent guy who'd be easily bullied and beaten by the crude Serena lol. Maybe he could mindcontrolled by something/is brainwashed just like the LDS trio was without the parasites in the picture?

But yeah, I wanna know the legend/truth about the bracelets and dragons soon. Maybe we'll hear it around October when the OP/ED also changes? (possibly) If it's like that then I can't wait. But we'll also probably shown some smaller parts 'bout the whole picture rather than the whole picture at once.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that interview that stated Yuri joins Academia for fun. It was also stated that he is not bound by the organization. Yuri in the picture does look innocent and such, and I won't be surprised now if he is indeed being brainwashed.
Aug 19, 2016 8:45 AM

Mar 2014
One thing that I want to know, if they can fly with their monster, why did they choose to climb that cliff? Haha

Can't wait to see Ruri duel in next episode!
Aug 19, 2016 8:25 PM

Sep 2012
Prettyyyy slooow episode. The build-up to that one epic duel pattern is getting s bit tedious.

Figures the siblings would be using bird-like monsters. Ruri's monsters remind me of harpies. Human-bird hybrid vs robot birds, quite interesting.

Am I the only one that doesn't care if Sawatari loses a duel and gets carded? He's annoying as fuck, lmao.

Was kinda hyped when I saw dem Glad Beasts. I hope the duelist knows how to talk. I don't know about how I'll feel about a guy just grunting and growling like that one dude in DM...or was that GX?
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Aug 20, 2016 7:58 AM
Apr 2013
Kazuto_Katsuragi said:

Am I the only one that doesn't care if Sawatari loses a duel and gets carded? He's annoying as fuck, lmao.

Nope. You're not the only one. But if he got carded, I don't really like the way he got carded though. I mean, if he got defeated and carded like Tsukikage, it feels like the studio just dump the characters into a trash can like a garbage.

If they're going to be carded, at the very least their Duels should be shown instead of being defeated off screen. I think if their Duels were shown, it may give more impact. But since the series is going to end next spring, they decided to resort to this...
Aug 20, 2016 3:07 PM
Sep 2012
Well this week's episode looks familiar, he looks like a stereo type Russian villain, and he is like Jean just one dimensional villain, his plan would have 4 of his 5 student turned into cards, my god. And the students they have trained to be like robot soldiers, dam it is disturbing.

This duel gave same time for Tsukikage to shine before he gets turned into a card. Tsukikage has never been that interesting of a character, and him being turned into card did nothing for me emotionally.

We are headed towards end game, looks like a lot of our main supporting characters will be turned into cards and be out of the series till the epilogue. Please don't let Crow get turned into a card after we just got him back, I don't give a dam about Shingo, but not Crow, I am worried and to a lesser extent Gong, I care about Gong a lot more than I do Shingo.

So my guess this mysterious person turning people into cards, is an ex student that went insane.

We will see what happens.
Aug 20, 2016 5:45 PM

Sep 2012
Frost190 said:
Nope. You're not the only one. But if he got carded, I don't really like the way he got carded though. I mean, if he got defeated and carded like Tsukikage, it feels like the studio just dump the characters into a trash can like a garbage.

If they're going to be carded, at the very least their Duels should be shown instead of being defeated off screen. I think if their Duels were shown, it may give more impact. But since the series is going to end next spring, they decided to resort to this...

Well, considering that we haven't seen a good solo duel of him or even Gon, they're pretty much giving up on having the friends get a dueling episode and focusing only on the main guys. Even Tsukikage barely got screen time for his duel.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Mar 3, 2019 9:18 PM

Dec 2012
Where did Crow's D-Wheel come from?
The Survival Duel has begun.
Someone is in the jungle.
Who is Tsukikage dueling?
lol at dude intruding then getting beat.
Tsukikage lost.

Who the heck is that?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 8, 2020 7:55 PM

Feb 2014
Duel monster battle royale, sure, why not?
18 minutes ago
Jan 2019
Reply to Rob
Where did Crow's D-Wheel come from?
The Survival Duel has begun.
Someone is in the jungle.
Who is Tsukikage dueling?
lol at dude intruding then getting beat.
Tsukikage lost.

Who the heck is that?
@Rob
Rob said:
ere did Crow's D-Wheel come from?
You could see it on the back of their boat with a covering over it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 132 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 16, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 127 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2016

39 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 120 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

37 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.