Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 28, 2016 5:48 PM

Aug 2010
Hype! Great adaptation so far.
Jul 29, 2016 7:07 AM
Jun 2011
I'm just waiting for Mikleo armatize. Simply because it's feels so good using it.. One attack, wipe the entire hyouma LoL..

And Edna.. can't forget that girl..
Jul 29, 2016 9:13 AM

Aug 2011
exercariver13145 said:
I'm just waiting for Mikleo armatize. Simply because it's feels so good using it.. One attack, wipe the entire hyouma LoL..

And Edna.. can't forget that girl..

Maybe Mikleo's armatization will be just as op in the game. It helped me with a lot of tough battles, especially during endgame.
Jul 29, 2016 10:11 AM

Jan 2016
BADASS transformation for Sorey!

Suspected that he would become a shepherd, Still, thats one spectacular fighting scene after he became the shepherd, cant wait for next week >P
Can really since the game structure&original design , and its quite fascinating. the story makes me wanna play the game maybe once. but who knows ^^
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 29, 2016 11:41 PM

Apr 2015
Lailah... <3
miss her original voice, but its still good...
damn the fight scene, that tranformation scene...
every things is beautiful in this anime...
Jul 30, 2016 9:45 AM

Dec 2012
Ufotable made another awesome episode. A lot of things happened with everyone who wanted to kill Alisha. The Sorey's transformation was amazing and I love how the villagers looked at him. Shepherd is born !
Aug 1, 2016 4:44 AM

Oct 2015
okay there is one big and unforgettable mistake they made here,
making Sorey blonde...
I already noticed his blonde hair in the opening and thought it looked ridiculous..
Aug 1, 2016 5:48 PM

Mar 2009
Why did he completely change appearance after pulling out the sword? lol
Aug 1, 2016 6:13 PM

Jul 2016
Mormegil said:
Why did he completely change appearance after pulling out the sword? lol

It's an in-game mechanism.

Armatization is what it is called. Sorey and Lailah merged into a single entity (aka Fusion if you want to use Dragonball as an example) and enveloped the user with the power of the Seraphim (basically, increased power).

Armatization will change your appearance and exhaust the user.

Aug 2, 2016 3:03 AM

Mar 2009
@FrozenSheep
Thanks for the explanation.
Aug 6, 2016 4:02 PM

Jul 2013
As a person who haven't played the game, I totally didn't expected Sorey to fuse with Lailah (who is 100% waifu material). I thought she would help him to beat the dragon, not to merge with him. His Sepherd looked really badass. Somewhat reminded me of Magi's Djinn Equips.

I swear the assassin was that merchant girl who helped Sorey before (similar voice and same eye color). Well, at least Alisha is fine.

The fox dude is an incredible hilarious villain. Want to see more of him.

The preview was funny. Mikleo's faces were too much.
Aug 11, 2016 3:36 AM

Aug 2013
Lailah... so cute. <3
Aug 11, 2016 6:17 AM

Apr 2016
Just as expected, but it was still way too cool! Loving it! :)
Aug 11, 2016 4:47 PM

Aug 2014
I'm just as shocked as you, Alisha :

What a terrible assassin that girl is, making such a huge noise when landing right before her target. Please tell me she did that on purpose right?

That preview segment though...Sorey and Mikleo are lucky that Lailah is such a good person because you should NEVER ask a girl her weight or her age for that matter xD
Aug 12, 2016 4:42 AM

Dec 2015
Nicely done, computer graphics didn't bother me. Only a few scenes made the characters paper thin.

But if the hero is this powerful as soon as he decides to become the Chosen One right in the beginning of this RPG anime, does he reach god-like strength after a few level-ups?

3.5/5
Aug 12, 2016 7:41 AM
Jul 2015
Rei366 said:

But if the hero is this powerful as soon as he decides to become the Chosen One right in the beginning of this RPG anime, does he reach god-like strength after a few level-ups?

He isn't strong in the beginning of the game and he level up but this can't be done in anime format.
Aug 12, 2016 7:55 AM

Dec 2015
@Dab1za9 Okay... thank you for your answer.

I always saw Dai in the Dragon Quest manga/anime as a character who gained levels of experience. Same for Parn between its debut in The Grey Witch and the Marmo's battle (except the Lodoss OVAs didn't bother to translate all his road and instead showed him at different levels through ellipses). Well, I guess it was ismply too awesome for me. ^^"
Aug 13, 2016 7:25 PM

May 2014
God watching this in 1080p gives orgasm to my eyes... Amazing action this episode, and keeps on getting interesting. I wonder why that assassin escaped when she can kill Alisha though
Aug 15, 2016 3:12 AM

May 2009
BaptizED said:
I wonder why that assassin escaped when she can kill Alisha though

Because Shepard's existing turned out to be real.
Aug 16, 2016 4:23 PM

Nov 2015

No matter how many times I say it, I don't get tired of it. Ufotable is in another level. Shame on you if you are not watching this in 1080p. The sound was also brutal in this episode.

I was not expecting this to turn out like this, he made a contract with the "Lady of the Lake" and now he has those fire powers...mmm, so, he can make contracts with specific Seraphs so he can gain determined powers?

PD: The next episode preview was mortal xD jajaja. Ufo is really doing their best with those, too funny and original!
"How much you weight?" "It's a secret ^^"
"How old are you?" "It's a secret =]"
"What's the next episode name? "It's a secret ^//^"

xD jajaja so good!

Aug 18, 2016 5:28 PM

Jul 2009
Of course he would be able to use the sword...
Aug 21, 2016 12:36 PM

Dec 2009
Like goddamn Ufotable, goddamn.
Aug 28, 2016 8:23 AM

Apr 2015
Ost was kinda placed badly tbh and disliking it but wow the art and everything just made up for it.

Also... LAILAH HNGGGGGGGGGG. She's so freakin' hot damn. Sweet voice and white hair.

Great episode.
Sep 2, 2016 1:45 PM
Jul 2016
"Oh Sorey, you look so brave swinging your sword at nothing. Take me now!"
Oct 4, 2016 1:00 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Beautiful and great episode!!!!

Sorey is the Pastor, logic xD
Oct 12, 2016 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
Only flaw that I would attribute to this episode, is the actual stagnation in the events preceding the clash. You could get to the essence of the matter and give space as well as the dialogues, important to give seriousness to the environment, even in combat; making it much more exciting. Drawings and scenarios, excellent! OST really nice to listen to.
Oct 13, 2016 9:04 AM

Sep 2013
wew,freaking MA from the start. I cant remember if it also happen in the ingame scene.but overall,the battle animation was freaking good. edit:owh,and I really miss the old VA of lailah.the new VA seems did a decent job i guess
tsuki_shiroOct 13, 2016 9:08 AM
Oct 13, 2016 9:31 PM

Feb 2014
So...... not so different from the others, another overpowered MC is born...

*sigh*
Oct 20, 2016 8:50 PM

Mar 2015
Sorey turning into that new form was awesome! The animation in this one was great. And Lailah so moeeee
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 28, 2016 4:59 AM

Jul 2013
Sorey just transformed into a white-clad knight looking so badass and he just had an epic battle against the transparent dragon. Don't tell me none of those people saw that.
Jan 3, 2017 2:09 AM

Dec 2012
Goosebumps! FUCKN EPIC!!!

Jan 12, 2017 5:26 PM

Nov 2010
I was wondering why everybody was typing about Mason. I thought that episode two was three and posted in the wrong forum. WHOOPS. Don't worry, I fixed it.
I wonder if Mikleo talks, the others can hear them. Caitlin Glass' character. nope. They don't have a pass so she gives them one. Mikleo doesn't feel well. There's a strong malevolence here and the hellion arrives so they go to fight it.
Polite clapping. Nobody can pull out the sword. GO DO IT, SOREY. Who's the white-haired girl . So Alisha thinks that Sorey is a seraphim? Yeah, he can see them. IS THIS TERRI DOTY. The white-haired is the lady of the lake.
i forgot to do commentary for the rest of the episode. It was lit
Feb 12, 2017 12:45 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely development, really love where this is going! Up to the next episode.
Feb 13, 2017 9:55 PM

May 2008
I'm honestly not seeing what's so amazing. If all it takes for people to like an episode is for it to make it pretty, I'm surprised studios just don't pour all their money into doing so.

Sure the animation is very pretty and fluid, but once you look past that... this episode was very shallow thanks to its' rushed pace. You don't get the feel of Ladylake, how the malevolence is corrupting things, Sorey and Mikleo's perspective on the city, etc. As others have said, the dialogue is blegh.

I don't mind the changes concerning the armatization, but I do feel like the CGI dragon, while naturally out of place, is not as cool of an idea like humans turning into hellions. An OK episode; mostly style, barely any substance.
Mar 4, 2017 3:34 AM
Mar 2012
"kegare" same word as monsters in Twin Star Exorcist, both stemming from people's hate & same thing Chain Chronicle fights against. Quite predictable, Slaine becomes SaberShepherd and assassin fails. Different from other recent fantasy/shounens is the characters seem quite interesting, and of course great fights.
What's surprising is why did a water dragon appear & why's it committing arson? and chilling w/o attacking the crowd?
Also surprising is it becomes Luck & Logic (when they fuse into stronger being).
Red drill sounds like a granny.
lol Lailah is cute, so bored she sleeping during the fest, and that omake. Serious question what's her age?
Apr 10, 2017 9:40 PM

Sep 2011
That was so badass!!!!
Jul 11, 2021 5:17 AM

May 2018
Lailah looks like best waifu material and Ufotable can do no wrong with this action sequences
Jan 17, 2022 3:58 PM

May 2017
They changed the voice...so shortly after the game...i hope its not what i think about but...lets google a bit
She had a soo unusual voice , unique seiyuu...always the best first , i hope the new laillah will be ok , it seems from the post ending part that she does this perfectly

Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode, The animation is absolutely stunning. The fights are amazing to watch, All round the visuals are just exceptional. OST was great as well.

Onto the episode, First half was mostly some political talk showing some parties taking issue with the way Alisha is handling things.

As expected Sorey became the Shepard, I liked how Lailah questioned Sorey's resolve before letting him obtain the power. Sorey's reply that everything was connected in his dream was quite nice as well.
His new form looks awesome. I loved the way he wrecked that hellion.
The fight's finale made it look like the descent of some divine being(Well he is called a Shepard after all) with all the light coming out of the darkness and the orchestra OST xD

I'm liking Lailah already, She was so cute in that ending segment. :3

Can't wait to see what happens next.

Lailah is actualy even more cute in game , she avoid question by talking to butterflies , she make dirty jokes , she almost have the same voice but more like the post ending one since shes usualy a happy one

Shes actualy my number 1 tales girl , edna being second , elise 3 (from vesperia) sophie 4 (from grace) velvet 5 and finaly the number 0 (the best one) kohaku from tales of heart 😍
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jan 17, 2022 4:15 PM

May 2017
gophercg said:
"kegare" same word as monsters in Twin Star Exorcist, both stemming from people's hate & same thing Chain Chronicle fights against. Quite predictable, Slaine becomes SaberShepherd and assassin fails. Different from other recent fantasy/shounens is the characters seem quite interesting, and of course great fights.
What's surprising is why did a water dragon appear & why's it committing arson? and chilling w/o attacking the crowd?
Also surprising is it becomes Luck & Logic (when they fuse into stronger being).
Red drill sounds like a granny.
lol Lailah is cute, so bored she sleeping during the fest, and that omake. Serious question what's her age?
probably around a thousand year old , well cuteness doesnt get old , so our lailah is still a 17 years old , in the game she actualy finished school and become a teacher , so maybe she is around 25 years old
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Apr 9, 2022 12:37 PM

Feb 2020
This is probably the most beautiful looking anime I have ever seen. The battle scene in this episode looked absolutely amazing. Sorey's transformation and the dragon were so cool!

Yeah, this was so epic. What a great and intense episode.
Aug 25, 2022 11:26 PM
Apr 2017
mythological fan fiction!! in like the best way possible!! Fate Stay Night mixed with like 7 different mythological cannons... this anime was made for me
Sep 5, 2022 5:06 AM
Ninja Consultant

Mar 2022
Good episode. Feels like this is where it really kicks off. Lailah is great, just like in the game.
Beep boop
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

188 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

138 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

105 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

128 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jul 10, 2016

220 by bushman66 »»
Nov 22, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.