Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 24, 2016 9:17 AM

Nov 2013
VR-Yan said:
Is this really what I think it is?

Did Shizuru's mom cheated and got banged by some other dude?

Maybe she became addicted to shopping and that was what she got at her latest trip...? Her husband got angry and threw everything around the floor...
Jul 24, 2016 10:18 AM

Sep 2013
danieltortoisee said:
Best episode so far, UNTIL that ending scene with Lucia. Seriously, she ruins the show every time she's on screen, and seemingly trying to give her some kind of tragic backstory (Key being Key, and based on that ending, I'm assuming that's where it's going) to garner sympathy is really quite annoying to be honest. That being said, the stuff with Shizuru was interesting and definitely handled well, though I can clearly see that they rushed it.

I'm starting to get closer and closer to wanting to read the VN when all is said and done now, though that won't be for a while given that I've also got to read Umineko at some point.

Funny you said that , because Ryuukishi07 wrote Lucia's story.
Ermeson1996Jul 24, 2016 10:40 AM
Jul 24, 2016 10:33 AM

Jul 2014
Ermeson1996 said:
danieltortoisee said:
Best episode so far, UNTIL that ending scene with Lucia. Seriously, she ruins the show every time she's on screen, and seemingly trying to give her some kind of tragic backstory (Key being Key, and based on that ending, I'm assuming that's where it's going) to garner sympathy is really quite annoying to be honest. That being said, the stuff with Shizuru was interesting and definitely handled well, though I can clearly see that they rushed it.

I'm starting to get closer and closer to wanting to read the VN when all is said and done now, though that won't be for a while given that I've also got to read Umineko at some point.

Funny you said that , because Ryuukishi07 wrote Lucia's history.

Oh, well I guess it could turn out quite good, at least in the game anyway. I guess seeing what the anime does with it should be interesting as well then. At least that's one less thing to need to worry about, given how good his works usually are.
Jul 24, 2016 10:41 AM

Feb 2014
Viewing this discussion thread reminds me of when Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Blade Works was airing. Almost every discussion thread of that series was like a battlefield. >_<

Either way, I did like the episode for what it showed, although the pacing does worry me. Despite that, it made me like Shizuru even more, after hearing what her powers are capable of and how it's changed her relationship with her parents permanently.

I was right in saying that she's a delicate flower who needs protecting from last week. Poor girl... )=

Sadly, the end did give off a bad taste, with Lucia refusing to throw the ball back to the baseball team, not wanting to touch the flowers and then shoving Chi-chan in the process. It's obvious that she's got some sort of problem or phobia that's related to the scene, but honestly, she's not helped herself in getting much sympathy from me with the way she acted. =/
Jul 24, 2016 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
Rievlyne said:
It really is can't work for 13 episodes.

But hey I'm pretty sure the anime adaptation is way better than Charlotte in the end.

The thing is, Charlotte is an anime original though.
Jul 24, 2016 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
Shizuru is second best character after the president, imo. We saw an interesting backstory even if it was quick.
Jul 24, 2016 2:17 PM

Sep 2015
Man why does this feel so much like Grisaia no Kajitsu. I really wanna play the VN now.
Jul 24, 2016 3:11 PM

Sep 2013
Kind of an odd ending. It seemed to end rather abruptly

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 24, 2016 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
HecticLeo said:
Man why does this feel so much like Grisaia no Kajitsu. I really wanna play the VN now.

Its not really like Grisaia no Kajitsu imo.
They just adding the heroine Common Route which it isn't the equation of a heroine route. Its only on Shizuru's end because in Shizuru you do need to read her backstory in order to later on connect to her route.

removed-userJul 24, 2016 4:21 PM
Jul 24, 2016 3:53 PM

Sep 2015
@TheLittleRedHero

Lol, that'd be great if Kat wasn't shut down a few days ago. XP
I found this other site. It limits my downloads to 200mb at a time so I have to download 33 separate packages but oh well.
Jul 24, 2016 4:01 PM

Aug 2009
The pacing was all over the place again this episode, but they handled Shizuru's backstory with style. They nailed the "scene shifts here" music track, making the scenes way more emotional.

TheLittleRedHero said:
HecticLeo said:

They just adding the heroine Common Route which it isn't the equation of a heroine route. Its only on Shizuru's end because in Shizuru you do need to read her backstory in order to later on connect to her route.

If you want to play the VN I can give you the link for the download, which is this.

URL Here ya go.

I wouldn't post that here, if I were you.
Jul 24, 2016 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
Samu-tan said:
The pacing was all over the place again this episode, but they handled Shizuru's backstory with style. They nailed the "scene shifts here" music track, making the scenes way more emotional.

TheLittleRedHero said:

If you want to play the VN I can give you the link for the download, which is this.

URL Here ya go.

I wouldn't post that here, if I were you.

I deleted it, sorry about that. xD
Jul 24, 2016 4:23 PM
Jul 2018
HecticLeo said:
@TheLittleRedHero

Lol, that'd be great if Kat wasn't shut down a few days ago. XP
I found this other site. It limits my downloads to 200mb at a time so I have to download 33 separate packages but oh well.

Ah alrighty then, I didn't noticed it Lol. I always had this bookmarked just in case though.
Jul 24, 2016 4:26 PM

Jan 2010
Very, very rushed
Thus in Grisaia , but hey , the adaptations of KyoAni , had at least three episodes for each heroine, and looks it was little , it is sad to see that this arch might have 3 episodes better exploring the character , Shizuru is one of my favorite , and now we Lucia , the best route VN, if you have an episode only , as I predict it will be , I will be very disappointed , more than I am , okay that adaptation is acceptable, but I seem to see the anime accelerated way , if to do an adaptation so it is preferable not to do, the key should have more respect for the public, released the anime just to sell the remastering of the game, a shame , formerly did not do that , but to do what , MONEY is what controls everything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jul 24, 2016 4:44 PM

Jul 2012
This continues to sadden me. Had they adapted it the way I thought they would, this would have been the greatest anime ever, but this is an ad for a route I never really wanted.
Jul 24, 2016 5:42 PM

Feb 2011
Phoenix_Trite said:
This continues to sadden me. Had they adapted it the way I thought they would, this would have been the greatest anime ever, but this is an ad for a route I never really wanted.

None of us do, we want to see the best adaptation as possible, especially coming from stories that are interesting like this one: by having each character's development at its own pace without of need to rush into anything: otherwise we won't get to feel anything from the characters when we do get to know them more and seeing what's happening to them, all because of this rush pace, doesn't give us the time to actually get attach towards the characters ( it's like going to a fast train without us enjoying the pleasant scenery view from our ride).
Jul 24, 2016 5:42 PM

Apr 2012
VierMill said:
VR-Yan said:
Is this really what I think it is?

Did Shizuru's mom cheated and got banged by some other dude?

Maybe she became addicted to shopping and that was what she got at her latest trip...? Her husband got angry and threw everything around the floor...

Yeah, knowing Key they prolly really didn't do that kind of sort. If it were cheating her underwear should've been on top of those clothes too. :>

and the clothes on the floor seem to be the one she usually wears. Well, the shirt the apron and the skirt anyways.
Jul 24, 2016 10:13 PM

Dec 2012
Well I'm just happy to see it animated at this point lol. Not really happy about the way they used Koibumi which is one of my favorite songs but there's no point in getting mad at something that won't really get changed. It was pretty damn messy though and they should've saved it for the end of her heroine route or not use it at all.

Jul 25, 2016 2:01 AM

Nov 2011
what's written on Yoshino's back in the OP? 10 yes old?
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jul 25, 2016 5:14 AM

Sep 2013
ernst said:
what's written on Yoshino's back in the OP? 10 yes old?

It means 10 seconds.
Jul 25, 2016 9:31 AM

Mar 2015
They need to take it easy on the warp core, I can't feel a thing.

Jul 25, 2016 10:54 AM

Aug 2013
This plot is really good, well as the characters, I am increasingly curious about the girls, this episode was focused on Shizuru, she always seemed very methodical and calm about everything she did, besides being quite cute, and now the past from her also been shown, I'm enjoying seeing the supernatural part gain more prominence in the anime, and will be Lucia the focus of the next episode, she is always very serious, but showed a new side at the end of this episode, I'm looking forward to seeing more about her, and I'm already really wanting to read the VN, I am very excited with the adaptation ..
Jul 25, 2016 11:27 PM

Apr 2013
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Well, this 'rush' was here from the 1st episode. Now, it just goes faster. It puts Sonic to shame.

Never that......
Jul 26, 2016 9:32 AM

Mar 2016
My opinion in short:
Was adapted well, great choice of music, I like having that ending song (it was used to better effect in the VN, but that seems like the only good spot to have it in the anime at all)
Pacing is still fast but it's getting better
Lucia part at the end felt very disconnected, would have preffered adding that to the next ep instead
High enjoiment levels.

(I had a longer, better written one prepared but lost it due to technical difficulties and didn't feel like putting the same efford in it again)
Jul 26, 2016 6:10 PM
Jul 2016
Is it me being selfish for wanting the anime to skip all the other heroines backstory?
I mean, I know what Lucia backstory is and if that happens, this series will really turn into a generic harem with pimp Kotarou.
It's just that I am afraid of this turning like Kanon animation where Yuichi just plays around with every heroine.

Well, after this complaint and personal worry I am going to tell the most important part.
Shizuru is cute. Cute is justice. Best chapter until now.
Jul 27, 2016 3:02 PM

Jun 2013
Shizuru's past is sad but was rushed
Jul 27, 2016 4:02 PM

Oct 2010
While I thought the first three episodes were quite alright, this episode was a huge disappointment. It was way too rushed and it felt like it was going all over the place. My partner, who is an anime only viewer, was confused and kept needing me to explain what was going on. If I didn't read the VN I probably would have been confused too.
Jul 28, 2016 1:27 AM

Dec 2009
Ohh, things are getting interesting now~

It's easy to follow all this without the VN : /
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jul 28, 2016 7:10 AM

Dec 2009
PervertOlympus said:
GenesisAria said:
It's easy to follow all this without the VN : /
Wow i'm impressed, many anime viewers won't say that xD
Really? I don't see what the difficulty is. They're explaining, if briefly, most that has happened so far, but there's a few things still in the air, like who the ribbon girl is, why there was a random octopus giant thing, though with Shizu's history, it seems that monster attacks happen sometimes, probably gravitating to people with abilities.

Orange hair guy implied he knew Kotarou from somewhere else, meaning Kotaro probably was put into his current life by someone, or perhaps he "rewrote" himself there? And it seems mr monocle (and the teacher) is part of some organization that deals with these critters, and took Shizuru in because of her "heal" interpretation of whatever this Rewrite ability is. Kotaro is gonna get more involved soon inevitably.
GenesisAriaJul 28, 2016 7:19 AM

Jul 28, 2016 11:04 AM

Nov 2015
Shizuru's past was tragic! And I think her eyes are beautiful.

Jul 28, 2016 4:02 PM

Dec 2009
xull said:
Shizuru's past was tragic! And I think her eyes are beautiful.
I'm sure we all do. I can't fathom the ability to find heterochromia unappealing.

Jul 28, 2016 8:02 PM

Jul 2015
Thirty seconds into this episode and I began to care for the blond one like twice as much as before, and as main guy began walking through the worst part of town, and into a dark alley, I found myself caring less about him. Seriously though, Shizuru is freaking adorable and absolutely wonderful, I love everything about her, I'm actually going to try to remember her name now.

The feels hit very, very suddenly, like, god dang, it all went by very fast for me, and I sat there kind of just trying to comprehend everything that happened. Actually, it went by a bit too fast, felt a little rushed by the end, especially with all that sudden drama with the prez. Felt way too quick.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 28, 2016 9:01 PM

Aug 2012
GenesisAria said:
PervertOlympus said:
Wow i'm impressed, many anime viewers won't say that xD
Really? I don't see what the difficulty is. They're explaining, if briefly, most that has happened so far, but there's a few things still in the air, like who the ribbon girl is, why there was a random octopus giant thing, though with Shizu's history, it seems that monster attacks happen sometimes, probably gravitating to people with abilities.

Orange hair guy implied he knew Kotarou from somewhere else, meaning Kotaro probably was put into his current life by someone, or perhaps he "rewrote" himself there? And it seems mr monocle (and the teacher) is part of some organization that deals with these critters, and took Shizuru in because of her "heal" interpretation of whatever this Rewrite ability is. Kotaro is gonna get more involved soon inevitably.
Wow. Paying attention does still exist!
Jul 29, 2016 4:59 PM

Dec 2009
AlexTheRiot said:
Wow. Paying attention does still exist!
Actually using that brain we all have.

Jul 30, 2016 11:09 PM

Mar 2009
This was the first episode I actually liked(I haven't read the VN, fyi).
Poor Shizuru.
Jul 31, 2016 5:50 AM

Apr 2015
Catching up

She looked retarded last minute
Jul 31, 2016 10:21 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
It would be weird to not give their backstories, that is why I was against an kagiri's original route! It is a bullshit, a lie, an excuse to just mix all the other routes together and fuck shit up.

You are not being original, you are picking and using scenes from other routes that for proper exposure would need each at least 6-7 episodes mininum.
Aug 1, 2016 5:57 AM
Mar 2012
Looks like antique guy was a leader for agency in that backstory. Waiting on Yoshino's relevance, he seems quite interesting with that wolf pack. Also red head.
Sure Shizuru was a good backstory just hyper accelerated & CD thing felt like they skipped stuff. Editing is so random with classrep.
Aug 6, 2016 2:26 PM

Aug 2013
Shizuru's backstory so rushed but I liked parts of it. Was way more emotional in the VN, and saury grilling with her dad was hardly relevant cause it wasn't made clear of Shizuru's attachment to saury. The VN had multiple Shizuru & saury scenes and when her backstory came up it made you think "oh so that's why she likes saury so much".

And as if 13 episodes was too much to adapt the VN content they are going to add an anime original Kagari route which will likely suck. So much great content in the VN so what need is there for anything extra. How did KEY even allow this atrocious butchered adaptation to happen. I don't blame any anime-only viewers for dropping it already as it looks like some generic harem show with half-assed supernatural elements and some terrible CGI monsters.
ittou_shuraAug 6, 2016 2:31 PM
Aug 6, 2016 3:00 PM

May 2012
After years of waiting for an actual anime adaptation, we finally get one. And everyone was hyped amd happy. Discussions were all over the place. I for one recommended this series to my friends and told them the VNs really good and they should watch this. But after this episode that can hardly even be called an episode... well, let's be honest here a lot of us dropped Rewrite after this episode. Lol. Just go read the VN, people.
Aug 8, 2016 1:24 PM

Jul 2009
Shizuru also have a power and I am sure all the other girls too...
Aug 8, 2016 8:40 PM

Oct 2008
the past of Shizuru is definitely not so good.
4/5.

Oct 3, 2016 6:12 PM

May 2012
This was a very wonderful yet rather sad episode :/ really lovely yet a quite sad backstory! Shizuru really is the best :3
Oct 9, 2016 2:32 PM
Apr 2014
damn I should have continued watching this while it was airing. I still don't know what is going on but it is funny nonetheless. And maybe they'll even add some acceptable action to it oO

The background story of Shizuru was rather sad though.
Apr 20, 2017 9:23 AM

Jul 2014
Yoshi has that great of influence in the underworld? who knew... Sad Shizuru backstory, and looks like class rep snapped? Lots of secrets revealed...

Yeah this is starting to look like Kajitsu all over again...
Jun 15, 2017 2:01 AM

Mar 2015
Hmm so Shizuru's got powers too. Does that mean she can see ribbon girl?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 15, 2017 6:19 PM

Sep 2015
Im guessing all of the chars shown have some sort of past and superpowers. But dam Shizuru's past ;-;
Oct 24, 2017 9:42 AM

Oct 2012
Ok, no resets then, it seems they will be ditching second parts of girls' routes to make one big route as in Clannad anime. Dunno if that's for the best but it would probably flow a lot better.

Anyway, this Shizu-centred episode kinda ok. Flashback was nice even though I don't really know if they are not taking things too fast for anime-only viewers. In fact, they are trying fit around 100+ hours of content into 24 episodes (10hours of anime). Luckily there is tons of needless fluff in the game so it can be done, picking only important events so let's see how it goes.

Lucia next time, probably the best route the series can offer, can't see them fitting it into one episode though... unless they are gonna skip her third part completely too but two episodes would be optimal at least.
Apr 29, 2020 10:16 PM

Feb 2018
Hanazawa Kana is the best... Kagi chwan
Aug 21, 2021 8:39 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor Shizuru... even though it's really weird to be honest xD I feel like the drama elements lack good writing so far.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.