Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 17, 2016 3:40 AM

Dec 2015
Was okay enough to make me wanna watch episode 3. Not as good as Asterisk or other battle harem school anime.

The chemistry between #2xx and "trash-kun" is nice.

I mainly hate the girls and that brother-stuff where they either are real siblings - or at least behave like that. And underlying romance which is annoying there.

Focusing on battles and the friendship between the guys (and rivalry) would be a lot better. The "trash-kun" seemed to have recognized the ability of the #2xx guy which is really strong and helpful (but not for getting tons of kills and rising in ranks).
Jul 17, 2016 4:13 AM

May 2009
Why is this show enjoyable for those who like it?
Characters and their interactions. Best part of show. Who cares about plot and not polished animation quality when there is still fun.
Jul 17, 2016 4:58 AM

Jul 2013
That was really generic. Very convenient they used swimsuits instead of more professional wetsuits, but I guess the fanservice was necessary after all.

The dude from Chiba is probably best character for the moment. Hime's partner is really obssesed with her, lmao.

I really hope this doesn't ends being episodic and the series ends developing a plot instead of a monster of the week story with characters interacting between themselves. Not that aspect is bad, but I want to see more things of the setting.
Jul 17, 2016 6:18 AM

Sep 2013
Ichiya Quotes:
-I'm all we need (Repeat 4-6x per episode)
. My rank is 4, low ranks are stupid (Repeat 2x per episode)
- I also have a resting bitch face. (All the time.)

Fuck this guy. Can't wait until someone pulls the stick out of his ass, sharpen said stick and impale this annoying brat. Everyone else is passable for me, but this guy irks me to no end. I legitimately can't wait until he dies or gets destroyed.

Jul 17, 2016 6:54 AM

Apr 2013
As expected of Watari, the Chigusa duo reminds me of Komachi and Hachiman. Can't beat the imouto points.
Jul 17, 2016 7:27 AM

Jun 2016
Much better than episode one despite the beach scene fan service. The character interactions were really well done and hilarious and the sound track was on point in those scenes. Still nothing amazing but at least it's looking to get better.
Jul 17, 2016 7:59 AM
Jul 2013
Do you really need that swimsuit? I mean, one can breath 3 hours underwater so you don't really need efficient suit to swim with. I really hate this kind of fanservice.
Stupid me looking foward the story, huh. Well, atleast there is Hachiman 2.0
Jul 17, 2016 8:16 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, they really managed to make every single character unlikeable. Especially the Hime minion/addict was annoying this episode.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 17, 2016 8:24 AM
Apr 2015
I like this episode a lot more than the first one. The first episode felt really generic, a world in despair and bunch of heroes having to save the world from its impending doom kind of scenario. During this episode, we get to see the character interactions and it was quite interesting.

The Highlight for me were the interactions between Asuha and Kasumi, who very clearly resemble Komachi and Hachiman(to me at least). It was very entertaining to see Kasumi being the overprotective siscon and Asuha being sly/resourceful in manipulating her brother. I get the Oregairu vibe for a bit again.

Furthermore, Canaria reminds me of Yui for a bit. On the other hand, I still find Ichiya a fairly boring character.... he seems so.... bland/shallow.
Jul 17, 2016 9:18 AM
Apr 2015
This show is just a cross-over between 3 LNs.
So shits gonna happen. More original stuffs when I was never surprise at all.
That Kasumi dude was the highlight of this episode.
Jul 17, 2016 9:38 AM

Jan 2012
LuthfiKun said:
Do you really need that swimsuit? I mean, one can breath 3 hours underwater so you don't really need efficient suit to swim with. I really hate this kind of fanservice.
Stupid me looking foward the story, huh. Well, atleast there is Hachiman 2.0

That was what I was thinking too but then again it's a pain to get their uniform wet. Although I'm sure that's not the reason why they changed into a swimsuit. Ah well it's still easier to move underwater with no clothes.
Jul 17, 2016 10:05 AM

Jun 2016
i cant say i think this show is exciting to watch, but i still am enjoying it for what it is so far
Scream!
Jul 17, 2016 11:15 AM
Mar 2016
Everyone's been really quick to shit on this anime, but so far I think it's really enjoyable. Like, sure it's super clichéd and we ALREADY have a swim suit epsiode, but so far none of the characters make me want to stab myself. I especially enjoy Hotaru's character (mostly because her and Hime are very cute together). The opening and ending aren't anything to write home about, but they're still pretty good. The only thing I don't like about this anime so far is the implications of incest? But I mean it is an anime so I don't know what I expected.
Jul 17, 2016 11:24 AM

Nov 2013
peppermint-pearl said:
The only thing I don't like about this anime so far is the implications of incest? But I mean it is an anime so I don't know what I expected.

How can one not enjoy wincest? What's wrong with people?

On a more serious note, knowing the writer who's in charge of the chiba siblings you don't have to worry about that incest stuff. (probably :D)

(I don't really get how people get incest vibes from the siblings' scenes, there's nothing that hints towards that so far, unless maybe for the people who scream "yaoi!!/gay!!" whenever two males express friendship/emotions with each other.)
CoxerspanielJul 18, 2016 12:58 AM
Jul 17, 2016 12:45 PM

Jan 2015
What the freaking fuck? Why is everyone bashing an anime from just episode 2?
And what's the matter with the swimsuits? It's not like it was a beach scene.
It looks ok so far, stop judging an anime from how similar it is to others.

Jul 17, 2016 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
Liked this episode more than the first but I find the fan service annoying.
Jul 17, 2016 2:14 PM

Dec 2013
This is really fun to watch. I don't get all these hates. Looks like people just hate generic shows on principle.
Jul 17, 2016 7:01 PM

Aug 2013
Then some of the personalities of the characters was presented, I'm really liking these characters, I hope the plot that evolves enough, as the fanservice I think that will have quite during the anime, so, no problems about this development ..
Jul 17, 2016 9:08 PM

Nov 2011
Kamiyan3991 said:
This is really fun to watch. I don't get all these hates. Looks like people just hate generic shows on principle.

same here. It is generic but in a fun way. It's like people saw swimsuits then started hating the episode. Me, started liking this the moment the kiss happened lol.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jul 17, 2016 9:21 PM

Jun 2013
With all the complaining i saw people doing, i was convinced that this would be nothing but fanservice, but there wasnt much at all
Anyway, better than the first episode.
Jul 18, 2016 12:30 AM

Apr 2009
well from what i heard here this ep is still dropped again by many and that means this show will be getting less reputation (honestly i like the earlier anime from A-1 pictures like GATE they did the animation of it better than this Qualidea garbage) and the truth here is this anime will not be the AOTS
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jul 18, 2016 12:32 AM

Apr 2009
ButtSlapper said:
surprisingly kono suba has better animation quality than this anime.
the diff is KonoSuba was done by Studio DEEN while this anime was from A-1 Pictures (i like Gate better than this show)
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jul 18, 2016 1:06 AM

Oct 2015
Smudy said:
Red haired girl's brother is the best character...what else to say, uhhh....

Ya he is an interesting character.
Still can't believe they already brought in a Beach episode as early as Episode 2.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jul 18, 2016 4:12 AM

Dec 2012
Episode is already the fanservice episode, but imo it was very good. Kazumi is very cool. He has one goal, protect his sister, and he does that very well. I also like how he corrects the bad behaviour of the MC
Jul 18, 2016 7:31 AM

Nov 2015
Fuck off A-1 Pictures, this shit isn't even trying to be good.
First anime this season to get dropped.

1/5
Jul 18, 2016 10:54 AM

Sep 2010
I just want the OST.
Jul 18, 2016 10:55 AM

Mar 2010
I find this to be at least somewhat enjoyable. Nothing really noteworthy about it but I like 4 out of 6 main characters so I feel like it is good enough (Chigusa and Icchan still sucks to this episode). I like the siblings based on their personalities and the I like the Hime and Hotaru pairing since it seems kinda yuri.
Jul 19, 2016 3:04 AM

Dec 2012
Hotaru's character appearance reminds me of D.Gray-man's Kanda. Also, this series seems to give me the vibe of another anime I have watched before but can't exactly recall which.
allo
Jul 19, 2016 3:23 AM

Aug 2013
The Op and Ed song was nice. The osts might be the best part about the anime for now.
As long as they don't go too extreme with their receptive character traits it's still alright.. I guess.
I can remember them quotes they repeat all the time already. At least there's some bonding and not all bickering this time.
Thank god, if they overdo the fanservice so early in it's doomed. I'm more surprised by the kiss hahaha.
I hope it gets serious sometime soon. xD
Jul 19, 2016 10:26 AM

Jul 2014
I'm expecting this to be a generic show so I wasn't that surprising when it became this way.

Anyway, already liked that lazy ass Kasumi bro since I'm a lazy ass motherfucker too so I can relate to his behavior. And yeah I'm shipping him with his sister (I like incest) that blushing made the ship strong !!

The rest of the characters aren't that interesting especially that "Justice" guy.

I know the show would turns this way so I'm glad I didn't put so many expectations on this.

Because I'm generous... For now I'll give this episode a solid 5/5
Jul 19, 2016 10:29 PM

Jul 2015
Asuha Best character. Love her voice
Jul 19, 2016 11:50 PM

Oct 2008
I'm watching this show because of LiSA OP! ClariS ED is also nice.
I really don't like the attitude/personality of the MC, I hope someone kills him by torturing him slowly.
3/5.

SKP138 said:

Fuck this guy. Can't wait until someone pulls the stick out of his ass, sharpen said stick and impale this annoying brat. Everyone else is passable for me, but this guy irks me to no end. I legitimately can't wait until he dies or gets destroyed.

LOL I'm with you!
matias067Jul 19, 2016 11:56 PM

Jul 20, 2016 9:54 AM
Apr 2015
that "onii-chan" part kills me
Jul 20, 2016 1:46 PM

Dec 2009
I totally love the character dynamics in this show. Another one of those quality makes hidden inside a cliche premise.

People hating on MC, you're all pretty shallow. He doesn't mean half the things he says the way he says them, and there's tons of hints for that. And also, when you're strong and even a tad embittered, the arrogance comes out. There's nothing wrong with arrogance if it's valid and not some weak or dumb little twerp that thinks they're the strongest when they're actually in denial.

Like, even if he's a bit of a prick or something at times, at least he's honest, and nobody seems to take it all personally. With people who have bad attitudes you help them clean it up or accept it, hating on it because you think everyone should be unrealistically friendly is dumb. People like that have reasons they are that way, they're not just dicks because they like being dicks.
GenesisAriaJul 20, 2016 1:56 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jul 20, 2016 4:04 PM

Sep 2013
Loving the female cast. How can anyone not get addicted to Hime?? Feels like there are some trauma and deep secrets behind each MC and World. Icchan is growing on me whereas Lazy-bastard #213 needs to die.
Jul 20, 2016 5:18 PM

Jul 2015
The siblings show some new emotions, and some awesome skills this episode, and I like them. Still love their interactions because they all hate each other, and that makes it entertaining to watch, and I found myself hoping they would be split up like they were for the additional laughs. And we already got our swim suit fan service so that's pretty nice.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 21, 2016 5:40 AM

Jun 2013
hold up how the hell can they talk under water?! the OP is nice but the ED is meh
Jul 21, 2016 10:44 AM

Oct 2012
Aversa said:

Also since when can you speak underwater?
That was literally bugging me the entire ep the moment they all replied to HQ while they were underwater. I was like "wait what? Underwater speaking?"
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jul 22, 2016 3:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
This was a pretty good second episode after such a strong first episode
Canaria and Hime chan are fast becoming my favorite characters
The rest of the cast is also being expanded and seeing some good development here

The MC is still a problem that i hope will get addressed by the show. An attitude like that is recipe for disaster. The swimsuit scene was a bit surprising but a little fan service can't hurt.

Was surprised to hear Sora Amaiya's voice here but she is still as flawless as ever. And her character has a pretty interesting power.

Anyway hope this season continues to be strong

Edit1 The siblings from Chiba city have a pretty interesting relationship and its something that i want to see worked on as the series progresses
ShingsterJul 22, 2016 3:25 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2016 8:10 AM

Apr 2016
i like it
i guess i don't really mind the fanservice.
currently in a state of denial
Jul 22, 2016 10:10 AM

Apr 2016
I mean... It was okay, I guess. But super generic. I'm probably gonna keep watching for another 2 episodes. If it still fails to impress me, I'll probably drop it.
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."
~Einstein
(~.~)

Jul 22, 2016 6:19 PM

Nov 2011
Would have liked to see Aoi in a swimsuit but oh well, I can settle on Asuha <3
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 22, 2016 8:21 PM

Jun 2015
The main character's still annoying me, and it literally took two episodes for swimsuits o.o Art quality dropped a bit if I can see right or if it's just my contacts being funny. Pretty decent, too early to judge, but I have the feeling of "How did this show get a LiSa opening?" Plus I really don't like Asuha's voice to be honest..

Also is it just me or did some people use scissors on the rock and paper thing or is that just the reduced art quality?

HimexHotaru4life
Jul 22, 2016 10:26 PM

Mar 2009
Beach episode already? Is this show even trying?
Jul 23, 2016 8:20 PM

Jul 2016
I think both two episodes are devastating .

Life is empty without anime

Jul 24, 2016 10:39 AM

Feb 2012
What? I can't hear you. Say it five more times.
Jul 26, 2016 7:01 PM

May 2015
nyahaa fanservice at second episode... it just...
Jul 29, 2016 12:27 PM
Mar 2012
quite funny, like their interactions & va.
Kasumi looks like younger Kiritugu but super lazy.
Beach ep too soon, but at least have some cool Hotaru poses. Siblings becoming best characters. Chunni hero still annoying.
Aug 1, 2016 1:13 PM

Apr 2015
Scrolling through this thread really made me facewall...

People already saying this is incest? One second... L O L

It's just a tsundere thanking her brother.
>"Wowow I love this ship!!" "I ship them so hard" and so forth.

Bruv u for real.

Oh well decent episode I guess. Little sister is cute. Same goes for the blondie.
Aug 3, 2016 10:16 AM

Jul 2009
Hotaru missing Hime was the best of it!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

111 by redorzo »»
Feb 23, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

93 by redorzo »»
Feb 17, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

105 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

175 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2016

89 by redorzo »»
Feb 13, 11:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.