Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 14, 2016 10:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL poor president. I almost thought the dude died on the floor

The "romantic teasing though", at this rate, I think the show will have segments like that almost every episode. Really liked the character chemistry of the show though, it has been quite refreshing. Of course, we still have the art gimmick (apples as one of them!)

Pretty amusing episode overall. So glad they are giving President more screen time :>
Jul 14, 2016 11:37 AM

Apr 2010
The part with the painting was great also the misunderstanding with the loli.
The confession scene was funny as well.
Jul 14, 2016 12:42 PM

Jul 2014
Fun episode! kinda hoped Cholette showed up but I guess that happens next episode.
Did Uchimaki just draw Totsuka Saika from Oregairu?

I am certain the one on the right is Totsuka the trap, did Uchimaki just say Saika's a waifu? dude..... (anime only add tho since Feels did Oregairu S2 as well so they probbaly just wanted to add that shiz)

Cant wait for best girl Imari to show up!!!!
Jul 14, 2016 1:42 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The misunderstandings are real. Next episode should have plenty of potential after that ending lol

Memor said:
"Lolimaki" haha. Also has "lolicon" always been translated to "pedophile"? ._.
Depends on the sub group. CR & Funimation etc usually do that unfortunately, but many fansub groups just leave it as lolicon
Jul 14, 2016 1:49 PM
Jan 2016
really funnier than the previous episode and eager to the next episode
and yes go!go! Lolimaki,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Jul 14, 2016 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
The president's cover up was nice!

Uchimaki made the little girl named Moeka trusted him and Umami by drawing her mom to clear the misunderstanding that they were suspicious people!

The misunderstanding about Uchimaki being a lolicon on the third segemnt was a lol!
Jul 14, 2016 1:52 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fantastic episode! These skits were on point, loved it.
Jul 14, 2016 1:54 PM

Jul 2015
This episode had me laughing hard. Loving the main characters.
Jul 14, 2016 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
Ok, now I'm sure that it's worth watching.
I just hope that they won't do a open ending".

Memor said:

"Lolimaki" haha. Also has "lolicon" always been translated to "pedophile"? ._.

Yeah. Awesome consistency, right?
They should just left in a lolicon, instead of forcibly translating it. Everyone knows what it mean in setting like this. Especially if they used Lolimaki later.
This is what I'm talking about (in other thread).
rsc-plJul 14, 2016 2:04 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 14, 2016 2:01 PM

Jan 2016
Enjoyed this more than last week's.
Jul 14, 2016 2:13 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
As a waifu fag who draws waifus as well as has been taking art related classes since 7th grade, i can't help but love this show

the main girl is cute af.... well..... all the girls are ofcourse...... and i love the main dude, i never really care about the main guy but this guy is too good lol xD
Jul 14, 2016 2:49 PM

Apr 2014
The judges must be blind. How can you not give this masterpiece first place?

Jul 14, 2016 3:18 PM

Sep 2014
Usami continues to be too cute!
Jul 14, 2016 3:30 PM
Feb 2010
So happy to see "lolicon" translated as "Pedophile". Way too many people doesn't seem to know it means the same thing.
Jul 14, 2016 3:50 PM

Apr 2014
That fake death tho...and Uchimaki's painting won 2nd place haha.
Usami's goal change real fast when she (confessed girl) ask if Usami was the girl Uchimaki like.
Poor confessed girl, I would date her in a heartbeat.
Collette needs to show up soon...Collette wearing the Ultraman mask was funny.
Jul 14, 2016 4:17 PM
Jun 2013
Another great episode! The "murder" scene was funny. Glad we also got to see some actual reason behind MC's crush instead of just a 2D reason.
Jul 14, 2016 4:30 PM

May 2015
Turning down such a cute girl. He must really love his 3D waifus, lmao. Poor Usami, though XD. I had to laugh at that moment he fell in "love at first sight" with the strap XD.

Great episode.

Jul 14, 2016 4:38 PM

Mar 2013
This episode was Hilarious! Loved the "murder" and confession scene. XD
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jul 14, 2016 4:41 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode with decent comedy.
Jul 14, 2016 5:51 PM

Jan 2008
Really fun episode and nice usage of red paint. Lol.

Rofl at Saika as one of his waifu drawings.
Jul 14, 2016 6:10 PM

Mar 2012
When a trap is so cute that even MC of another series calls him a waifu.
Jul 14, 2016 6:28 PM

Dec 2009
This episode was so hilarious. "Lolimaki" part at the end was the most hilarious part, I knew he wasn't actually into "real" lolis, but that 2D strap.
Jul 14, 2016 6:29 PM

Dec 2009
Cetais said:
So happy to see "lolicon" translated as "Pedophile". Way too many people doesn't seem to know it means the same thing.

It really shouldn't be the same thing. Crunchyroll fucked up on the subbing there. Someone isn't a pedophile for liking lolis, since you know they're fictional.
Jul 14, 2016 6:33 PM

Jan 2014
Next episode will be awkward if the older sister ever finds out that it was her crush that her younger sister said was being a creep.
Jul 14, 2016 6:58 PM

Mar 2014
Pedophile aim on reality
Lolicon aim on anime
Jul 14, 2016 6:59 PM

Jan 2012
Murder, lost children, and love letters, another cute episode. Loved the Lolimaki fake out. XD
Jul 14, 2016 7:05 PM

Jan 2011
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Cetais said:

It really shouldn't be the same thing. Crunchyroll fucked up on the subbing there. Someone isn't a pedophile for liking lolis, since you know they're fictional.

lets not die on this hill people

love this show , unexpected Totsuka waifu cameo out of no where lol

still finding the comedy on point !
Jul 14, 2016 7:09 PM

Dec 2009
katsu044 said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

Not sure why you quoted me when you added literally nothing but ok.
Jul 14, 2016 7:24 PM
Feb 2010
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Cetais said:

Yet, it is. In this case, we could interpret him as wanting to draw he perfect 2D waifu to fulfill his attractions towards little girls.

Lolicon is considered as pedophile paraphilia in A LOT of countries.
In Japan, when they talk about pedophiles, with real, little girls, they use the term "lolicon". Wether drawn or not, it's the same thing in Japan.
Jul 14, 2016 7:35 PM

Jan 2011
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
katsu044 said:

Not sure why you quoted me when you added literally nothing but ok.

was directed at everyone,this a discussion that has been beaten to death lets not start a another big fuss over it or you can that's cool.
Jul 14, 2016 7:52 PM

Dec 2009
Cetais said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

Yet, it is. In this case, we could interpret him as wanting to draw he perfect 2D waifu to fulfill his attractions towards little girls.

Lolicon is considered as pedophile paraphilia in A LOT of countries.
In Japan, when they talk about pedophiles, with real, little girls, they use the term "lolicon". Wether drawn or not, it's the same thing in Japan.

I like lolis, I consider myself a lolicon, but I'm not attracted to real children. Your argument fails immediately there since most lolicons are not attracted to real children. Am I a pedophile?
Jul 14, 2016 7:53 PM

Apr 2010
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Cetais said:

Except it does mean the same thing. They're using it the context of Lolimaki liking real children. Or did you just not catch onto the 2-D character calling everyone 3-D?
Jul 14, 2016 7:59 PM

Dec 2009
antonn said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

Except it does mean the same thing. Their using it the context of Lolimaki liking real children. Or did you just not catch onto the 2-D character calling everyone 3-D?

In the case of most anime and the industry in other parts of the world outside Japan, usually there's a huge separation between liking fictional "Loli" characters and liking real children. The joke during this episode was the fact that he didn't like 3D girls, meaning real little girls, only lolis.

It's stupid to give him a nickname called Lolimaki and then translate lolicon as pedophile in the subtitles. A pedophile is literally a person who is sexually attracted to children (Either boy or girl), while a lolicon is only attracted to fictional little girls.
Jul 14, 2016 8:03 PM

Feb 2015
Man, I'm really enjoying this...Like the humor and heck even the romance so far is funny and entertaining.

5/5
Jul 14, 2016 8:04 PM

Apr 2010
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
antonn said:

Except it does mean the same thing. Their using it the context of Lolimaki liking real children. Or did you just not catch onto the 2-D character calling everyone 3-D?

In the case of most anime and the industry in other parts of the world outside Japan, usually there's a huge separation between liking fictional "Loli" characters and liking real children. The joke during this episode was the fact that he didn't like 3D girls, meaning real little girls, only lolis.

It's stupid to give him a nickname called Lolimaki and then translate lolicon as pedophile in the subtitles. A pedophile is literally a person who is sexually attracted to children (Either boy or girl), while a lolicon is only attracted to fictional little girls.

The president asked if he was lolicon, because he thought Uchimaki may be interested in real children. Usami calls him Lolimaki after she thinks he's interested in a real child. The use of pedophile was correct here.
Jul 14, 2016 8:10 PM

Dec 2009
antonn said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

The president asked if he was lolicon, because he thought Uchimaki may be interested in real children. Usami calls him Lolimaki after she thinks he's interested in a real child. The use of pedophile was correct here.

If we're getting into literal definitions here, a Lolicon is only attracted to little girls (And 2D girls most of the time). A pedophile is attracted to children in general (Both boys and girls). It doesn't make sense the way it was used here, since you clearly hear the characters say lolicon in Japanese but translating it to pedophile would mean he's broadly attracted to all children.
Jul 14, 2016 8:11 PM

Sep 2015
All three segments was hilarious. But the girl that confessed to him was cute. I would have a hard time choosing Usami and her. 2D waifus are just hard to pick. I can understand Uchimaki's constant switch in waifu...
Jul 14, 2016 8:20 PM

Apr 2010
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
antonn said:

If we're getting into literal definitions here, a Lolicon is only attracted to little girls (And 2D girls most of the time). A pedophile is attracted to children in general (Both boys and girls). It doesn't make sense the way it was used here, since you clearly hear the characters say lolicon in Japanese but translating it to pedophile would mean he's broadly attracted to all children.

Yes. The characters say it, because lolicon literally means pedophile in Japan. Just because you and others outside of Japan want to use it for 2-D only doesn't change the original meaning.
Jul 14, 2016 8:22 PM
Aug 2009
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
antonn said:

I think I'd have to disagree, in the context of the anime it makes sense. The president was making the presumption that Uchimaki might in the future become a pedophile. So the translation is actually accurate here. This isn't your anime only accusation of loli he really thinks there's a chance that Uchimaki might become a pedo.
Jul 14, 2016 8:36 PM
Oct 2015
-Stray said:
Fun episode! kinda hoped Cholette showed up but I guess that happens next episode.

I am certain the one on the right is Totsuka the trap, did Uchimaki just say Saika's a waifu? dude..... (anime only add tho since Feels did Oregairu S2 as well so they probbaly just wanted to add that shiz)

you got nice eyes man
if you never point that out
i will never know

still this series is like gekkan shoujo
love it
Jul 14, 2016 8:44 PM

Mar 2014
usami is so relatable ugh that confession scene where she was trying to will uchimaki to nod yes had me in tears lmao.
Jul 14, 2016 8:55 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
-Stray said:

Uchimaki knows whats up. Totsuka is best gurl in Oregairu. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 14, 2016 9:02 PM

Feb 2015
Another solid episode. Love Uchimaki as a main character, he's hilarious.

Also love how they draw in subtle hints at the future/references. Last week we got the girl in the locker, this week we get Totsuka from Yahari. 10/10 reference for a trap being one of Uchimaki's waifus haha.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2016 9:13 PM

Nov 2014
Looks like i am not the only person here who has spotted it.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Jul 14, 2016 9:18 PM

Jun 2013
Oh Jesus H Christmas please redirect the loli/pedo discussion to all the other threads on this topic that are made near-daily and get locked.
Jul 14, 2016 10:04 PM

Jan 2015
Aww, so some of the horoscope's "prophecy" really come true.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 14, 2016 11:19 PM

Jan 2015
Usami is so adorable.

This show totally reminds me of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Jul 15, 2016 12:30 AM

Nov 2014
Poor Usami. Not only that love letter girl got rejected, but Usami also. LOL
Jul 15, 2016 12:41 AM
Jul 2018
He looked like an even more insane gilgamesh. :P

Liked this ep as well, funny and cute as usla.
Jul 15, 2016 1:03 AM

Jun 2016
The President is funny as hell omg

And of course as usual, Usami is being a total cutie. Waifu of the season right there.
[/url]
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

158 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

71 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2016

86 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2016

89 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2016

78 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.