Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 10, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was interesting. Roid leading his men with that speech of his. Oh and Keith is back too!

Heinz's singing is apparently amplified as part of the grand plan. They made him look like a singing God this episode lol. Meanwhile, I think the aerial knights' attack came with quite a surprise. Keith's speed and maneuvers with the wind is pretty much inhuman ;o

New OP song is alright, personally I liked the previous one better though.

Stark700Jul 10, 2016 8:08 AM
Jul 10, 2016 8:39 AM

Sep 2015
Jesus Shirokishi-sama? wew, his skill has become even better than legendary.

Omg Heinz singing the full version of song, please make me Var.
Jul 10, 2016 11:01 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Windermere continues with their mind controlling ways. I know we're supposed to feel sympathy for them, but they have lost any kind of moral authority with their atrocities. Bad thing for them is they're being played and at one point the carpet will be pulled out from under them.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 10, 2016 11:56 AM
Jun 2015
It was Meh I was waiting for some moments with the main but I see why this happens overall I liked it 🖒
Jul 10, 2016 12:40 PM

May 2013
So, Arad know Hayate's father huh?
This episode pretty much focused on Windermere side, even I watched for Freyja.
Jul 10, 2016 4:34 PM

Apr 2015
Farabeuf said:
Windermere continues with their mind controlling ways. I know we're supposed to feel sympathy for them, but they have lost any kind of moral authority with their atrocities. Bad thing for them is they're being played and at one point the carpet will be pulled out from under them.

With Roid's warmongering speech, perhaps the scriptor doesn't want you to feel sympathy for them?

---
new OP is ok, not as catchy as OP1
ED2 is still epic after one week of cycling
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Jul 10, 2016 6:42 PM
Nov 2012
The part about Hayate father has me interested. It's almost like he was the pilot of the vf 22, that caused the pilot to reacts like that.
Jul 10, 2016 11:20 PM
Oct 2010
Terrible episode, one unit taking out an entire fleet? Come on now... Also why didn't they just wait until the song was over? They literally know that there's a period where the king must rest and cannot sing. Not to mention, how long to they expect to keep up this strategy anyway? It was shown earlier that it greatly weakens the king to even sing like that.

I hate the direction this is going, while there's a feasible reason they CAN control the galaxy, why wouldn't NUNS just bomb all the ruins?
Jul 10, 2016 11:35 PM

Sep 2011
GD1551 said:
Terrible episode, one unit taking out an entire fleet? Come on now... Also why didn't they just wait until the song was over? They literally know that there's a period where the king must rest and cannot sing. Not to mention, how long to they expect to keep up this strategy anyway? It was shown earlier that it greatly weakens the king to even sing like that.

I hate the direction this is going, while there's a feasible reason they CAN control the galaxy, why wouldn't NUNS just bomb all the ruins?

Because their runes power got even stronger due to the kings voice... However that happens is a mystery. Wait until the song is over? They're idiot Earthlings (Just like idiot humans nowadays, they want to rush things). Also, I don't think everyone in the forces knew that the King had a time limit. Pretty sure it was only known within the main singers, flyers, etc.
Jul 10, 2016 11:55 PM
Oct 2010
Tyrel said:
GD1551 said:

Because their runes power got even stronger due to the kings voice... However that happens is a mystery. Wait until the song is over? They're idiot Earthlings (Just like idiot humans nowadays, they want to rush things). Also, I don't think everyone in the forces knew that the King had a time limit. Pretty sure it was only known within the main singers, flyers, etc.

Didn't they tell the NUNS representative about the limit when he was telling them what they would do if they couldn't stop Windemere?
Jul 11, 2016 12:15 AM

Oct 2014
Hope NUNS and Elysion team crush Windermere all! This Macross series make me bored and stress sometimrs. I rather watching Macross F and Macross back than this one. The song overall good and great but can't beat Sherly Nome and Ranka also Fire Bomber yet.
Jul 11, 2016 12:47 AM
Feb 2015
So Windemere changes from liberator to conqueror eh ?
Jul 11, 2016 1:49 AM
Aug 2014
letter teasing with Mikumo's past and a cliffhanger with Hayate background. This episode make me stop caring about team Mirage or team Fryja, instead I'm a pro team windermere now.
solid first episode for cour 2, the OP and ED has more seriousness than in cour 1.
Jul 11, 2016 2:21 AM

Jan 2009
so Hayate's father maybe a traitor huh cannot wait for the revelation on that one, hopefully by next episode
Jul 11, 2016 3:46 AM

Nov 2012
so mikumo was a previous wind singer or sth? i'm really interested in her past at least, and hayate's father.
Jul 11, 2016 4:02 AM

Dec 2013
Seriously, how the fuck can you explain just how Hayate even managed to fight on par with Keith two episodes ago? The guy took out an entire fleet all by himself. Even with Freyja's songs muddling up the wind he shouldn't even have been lucky enough to be able to touch this guy, let alone injure him.

I'm guessing Hayate's suppose to have some tragic past or what not, but frankly given what the NUN did to Windermere, I couldn't give a damn. Lies, cover ups and attempted genocide just to hide their shady dealings. They deserve their justice, and the Spacey Government better own up to their corrupt crap.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 11, 2016 4:28 AM
Jun 2016
this episode!!!!
Keith made a strong comeback despite losing one eye!!
Got to see mikumo's past and hayate's father gonna be revealed?
Pretty hyped to see next episode already yeahhhh!!!!

This new op is ok for me, but I prefer the first one, cheers =)

Btw I hope they will release giraffe blue and bokura no senjou freyja version
ZansanJul 11, 2016 4:41 AM
Jul 11, 2016 4:34 AM
Jul 2014
GD1551 said:

NUNS got a couple of Jamming Fold or whatever it is, they feels like "hey! We got this! We have this Jamming thing!" Lol
Jul 11, 2016 5:31 AM
Apr 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
Seriously, how the fuck can you explain just how Hayate even managed to fight on par with Keith two episodes ago? The guy took out an entire fleet all by himself. Even with Freyja's songs muddling up the wind he shouldn't even have been lucky enough to be able to touch this guy, let alone injure him.

I'm guessing Hayate's suppose to have some tragic past or what not, but frankly given what the NUN did to Windermere, I couldn't give a damn. Lies, cover ups and attempted genocide just to hide their shady dealings. They deserve their justice, and the Spacey Government better own up to their corrupt crap.

If NUN really want to attempt genocide Windamere would be a crater-filled rock 7 years ago. Hayate buffed=Keith unbuffed. Keith buffed=shooting down JAMMERS of some ships.
Jul 11, 2016 5:47 AM

Jul 2008
GD1551 said:
Tyrel said:

Didn't they tell the NUNS representative about the limit when he was telling them what they would do if they couldn't stop Windemere?

Judging by the anti-song machines, they tried to do a surprise attack, probably to kill the King. It was a good strategy and could have ended the war at once, but the Windermere are just too good with protoculture ruins for that too work.
In other words, with what they knew the strategy was good. But it's impossible to know what technology Windermere has thanks to Protoculture ruins.

Viktor_Otaku said:

What liberators? They were conquering from the start: none of planets they "liberated" were Windermere colonies.

L-Ryoshi said:

Hayate beat him under the influence of Freya's song, White Knight destroyed this fleet under the influence of the amplified Wind Song.
In other words, the battles are 75% song drug, 25% skill.
Jul 11, 2016 5:49 AM

Dec 2013
Aventine said:
L-Ryoshi said:

If NUN really want to attempt genocide Windamere would be a crater-filled rock 7 years ago. Hayate buffed=Keith unbuffed. Keith buffed=shooting down JAMMERS of some ships.

I think we've already established that Hayate is a human and hence can't be "buffed" like other species, also that in the history of Macross, that songs don't"buff" aliens. Plus, if you watched the episode, you'd have already seen them drop the dimensional bomb or whatever it's called.
The NUN fucked up and tried to get rid of evidence by blowing said crater in Windamere. It was literally shown in broadcast videos during this episode.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 11, 2016 5:58 AM
Apr 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
Aventine said:

I think we've already established that Hayate is a human and hence can't be "buffed" like other species, also that in the history of Macross, that songs don't"buff" aliens. Plus, if you watched the episode, you'd have already seen them drop the dimensional bomb or whatever it's called.
The NUN fucked up and tried to get rid of evidence by blowing said crater in Windamere. It was literally shown in broadcast videos during this episode.

Are you serious? dude got light trails, wind-feeling/seeing and the whole package. I mean remember how he resonant(or something like that) with Frejya when he shot down Bogue? If NUN want them dead the Windamere would be FILLED with craters, no justa single one and call it a day. And that is if Episilon or some shady third-party isnt involved ,the cat people leader himself have some doubts when talking to Lloyd about how did what.
Jul 11, 2016 6:01 AM

Dec 2013
Aventine said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Are you serious? dude got light trails, wind-feeling/seeing and the whole package. I mean remember how he resonant(or something like that) with Frejya when he shot down Bogue? If NUN want them dead the Windamere would be FILLED with craters, no justa single one and call it a day. And that is if Episilon or some shady third-party isnt involved ,the cat people leader himself have some doubts when talking to Lloyd about how did what.

Watch the episode again, the broadcast was of what happened seven years ago, the Walkuria girl clearly identified the ship dropping the bomb as from the NUN. What more evidence do you want?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 11, 2016 6:07 AM
Apr 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
Aventine said:

Watch the episode again, the broadcast was of what happened seven years ago, the Walkuria girl clearly identified the ship dropping the bomb as from the NUN. What more evidence do you want?

Like how Galaxy was suppose to be on the Frontier & NUN side?
Well conspiracy, Epsilon and anti-UN group aside, NUN did not attempt genocide on Windamere, nuked it likely, awful yes, unknown purpose yes.
Jul 11, 2016 6:10 AM

Dec 2013
Aventine said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Well conspiracy, Epsilon and anti-UN group aside, NUN did not attempt genocide on Windamere, nuked it likely, awful yes, unknown purpose yes.

And you're so sure how? What's to say that the anti-UN group ain't a part of the NUN?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 11, 2016 6:13 AM
Apr 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
Aventine said:

And you're so sure how? What's to say that the anti-UN group ain't a part of the NUN?

I only gave out a possibility that a third party might have a hand in it, given there are like 10 more ep to go, the one being "so sure" who did it was you.
Jul 11, 2016 6:32 AM

Dec 2013
Aventine said:
L-Ryoshi said:

I only gave out a possibility that a third party might have a hand in it, given there are like 10 more ep to go, the one being "so sure" who did it was you.

I'm going by the given evidence, plus the dude who ordered the bombing of the relic/ruins two episodes back was also part of the NUN. Why would they do so if they didn't have something to hide? The evidence stacks up.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 11, 2016 6:42 AM

Dec 2014
Kt seems ..............
Jul 11, 2016 7:02 AM
Apr 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
Aventine said:

I'm going by the given evidence, plus the dude who ordered the bombing of the relic/ruins two episodes back was also part of the NUN. Why would they do so if they didn't have something to hide? The evidence stacks up.

Well, maybe try to blow up a giant enemy ship is a good idea?
Current Delta also have Epsilon and/or Anti-UN forces, which somehow know suspiciously alot about var and ruins and song transmission through them and whatnot, having their own agenda and was treated very good by the weird windamere-superiority complex Lloyd. I gave out possiblities base on what the show have shown, not saying anything for certain
Jul 11, 2016 7:08 AM

Dec 2013
Aventine said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Well, maybe try to blow up a giant enemy ship is a good idea?
Current Delta also have Epsilon and/or Anti-UN forces, which somehow know suspiciously alot about var and ruins and song transmission through them and whatnot, having their own agenda and was treated very good by the weird windamere-superiority complex Lloyd. I gave out possiblities base on what the show have shown, not saying anything for certain

Need I remind you that Hayate's destroyed ship was in the blast radius? He and the rest of delta almost died there. Good idea my butt.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 11, 2016 7:10 AM
Apr 2016
L-Ryoshi said:

Need I remind you that Hayate's destroyed ship was in the blast radius? He and the rest of delta almost died there.

which is a part of the whole "blowing up ruin on Ragna" plan. So? All I said is NUN wanted to kill the flagship.
Jul 11, 2016 7:23 AM

Apr 2011
A bit boring but we got to know what Windermere isn't over with their conquering yet. They shown a footage of the bombing, maybe this means we'll see what really happen back then. I'm also curious on Hayate's past including his dad and Mikumo's past as well.
Jul 11, 2016 9:46 AM
Oct 2010
Nayrael said:

Judging by the anti-song machines, they tried to do a surprise attack, probably to kill the King. It was a good strategy and could have ended the war at once, but the Windermere are just too good with protoculture ruins for that too work.
In other words, with what they knew the strategy was good. But it's impossible to know what technology Windermere has thanks to Protoculture ruins.

I don't disagree that the idea behind it was fine. My problem is..

1. Why take a chance with new tech when you know there's a gigantic window that Windermere would be depowered?

2. Why would Windermere declare war on the entire galaxy? If three nuns fleet fold in from three different directions, what will happen?

3. I also don't like the idea of one ship taking out an entire fleet, no matter how powered up they are. That is just ridiculous, I don't believe in the history of Macross that has happened.
Jul 11, 2016 9:58 AM

Dec 2013
Aventine said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Need I remind you that Hayate's destroyed ship was in the blast radius? He and the rest of delta almost died there.

which is a part of the whole "blowing up ruin on Ragna" plan. So? All I said is NUN wanted to kill the flagship.

Cannot tell if that's your admittance that factions in the NUN are evil or not... The fact that they didn't even bother warning Delta to GTFO before they started shooting at the Windimere flagship.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 11, 2016 11:39 AM
Apr 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
Aventine said:

Cannot tell if that's your admittance that factions in the NUN are evil or not... The fact that they didn't even bother warning Delta to GTFO before they started shooting at the Windimere flagship.

:P, I never said NUN are solely nice and good, Kawamori never potrayed them as that, well except Plus where they didnt do anything. Just talking about bombing, the hole, possible 3rd parties involvment and stereotype evil mr.Middle east.
Jul 11, 2016 3:34 PM
Mar 2014
Not bad, but keith vs NUNS scouting fleet really bothered me. Keith, no matter how good he is, should have ran out of ammo. you could argue that he only shot at the 7 fold jammers but NUNS could have obstructed him a bit more, like park other ships in the way. If he is too fast for that then order a retreat -.- Some of the fleet could have escaped then. And also, even if he is invincible at dogfighting, you could blow the entire area away with nukes, such as leaving behind a bunch as you retreat (fold). Or just put a nukes in a remote controlled fold jamming ship.... if one of those fighters can get close enough to disable it the plane would be in range of the blast as well.

Or just attack after the song....
Jul 11, 2016 3:45 PM
Jan 2008
What did Rudanjal Rom Mayan mean?.. I guess Mayan isn't just the name of that island in Zero. I don't know but Sara Nome sounds to me like a Wind Singer too.
Jul 11, 2016 4:31 PM
May 2016
This one is Windermiere special episode but still i enjoyed it and i feel bad for windermiere if we said they are enemies no they are victim. Anyway is it just me who think that theo fiance is freyja lol xD. Next episode will be focus on hayate's father i'm really curious who is wright immelman

Anyway where can i download a full version of Heinz sama song i wanna get var too...love it
Jul 11, 2016 5:59 PM

Jul 2010
Probably the worst episode so far and this episode really proved it to me I don't really give a shit about Windermiere and this episode was 90% focused on them.
Jul 11, 2016 7:55 PM

Mar 2013
Heinz's speech in a nutshell

This Windermere shit's almost ridiculous enough to become it's own meme.

Also I seriously fucking hope that they never do another full on action scene where the only music is that fucking wind song. Goddamn that shit seriously hurts my ears. I know they spammed Aimo like once an episode in the second half of Frontier, but aimo is at least tolerable, whereas this shit is only tolerable for like 15 seconds at a time. If this becomes a regular thing ima have to drop this shiz.
Jul 12, 2016 12:22 AM
Feb 2015
Nayrael said:
GD1551 said:

Viktor_Otaku said:

What liberators? They were conquering from the start: none of planets they "liberated" were Windermere colonies.

L-Ryoshi said:

Hayate beat him under the influence of Freya's song, White Knight destroyed this fleet under the influence of the amplified Wind Song.
In other words, the battles are 75% song drug, 25% skill.

Liberators in a sense that they uncovered NUNS dirty little secret that they preferred to keep hidden, and that 7 years ago they achieved independence from NUNS.

While none of the planets that Windermere occupied are originally their colonies, the heavy handed measures and dubious means that NUNS employed to keep their control over them ( IE : Using a WMD on Ragna) calls into question their competence and intentions.

Now if their intentions was to expose NUNS dirty little secret and to establish a sector free from their influence on behalf of the globular cluster, it would be justifiable. But going one step futher to attempt to overthrow NUNS is just doing what NUNS is doing all along which is attempting to impose their values on others without their opinions.
Jul 12, 2016 3:47 AM
Mar 2014
Episode 15 was OK, since it was mostly from the enemy point of view.

However the ending was surprising, some interesting thing might be revealed in the next episode about Hayate's past
Jul 12, 2016 9:28 AM

Feb 2012
Somewhat meh episode, but I'm quite intrigued about Mikumo's and Hayate's past.
New OP isn't as good as the first one, but it will probably grow on me.
Jul 12, 2016 11:28 AM

Mar 2016
Still on the MEH~ train.

New OP is shit when you compare it to the ED. They AKBing too hard.

I feel they made this episode just to prolong the show time. NUNS are doing their jerks (everyone knows that.) The Winderemere trying to act like freaken saviors. I'm really not impressed with the direction of the show.

Only bit that advance the plot was the little scene at end with the pilot knowing Hayate father.

And that saved it from a 2/5 AAAAnd next episode gonna be 3/4 cheezy+cringe stuff and 1/4 ok story. Hope I'm wrong.
Jul 12, 2016 12:19 PM
Mar 2016
So, Arad know Hayate's father , so what's the deal about his father that just mentioning his name is a big no no?

If Mikumo is a former wind singer, then would that also makes her a windermere?
Jul 12, 2016 5:31 PM
Jun 2013
Concerning Keith and the NUNS scout fleet, I would imagine that at some point after what was shown on screen, the other Knights would have stopped sitting on their hands and joined Keith in attacking the fleet and finishing the job...
But this leads me to the one thing that has been bugging me slightly since episode .89, and that is the Knights constantly taking on AND defeating NUNS task groups on their freaking own. Yeah, they may be piloting suped up versions of the standard SVS-262s, and have their own drones that they carry into fights with them, but at some point they have to be running out of ammo and/or fuel well before they could destroy a task force, let alone destroy a task group THEN take on Delta afterwards!!
I know, I know: story telling magic trumps real life! But still....
Jul 12, 2016 6:34 PM

Jun 2008
Whoahoho said:
So, Arad know Hayate's father , so what's the deal about his father that just mentioning his name is a big no no?

If Mikumo is a former wind singer, then would that also makes her a windermere?

Dibs on Wright Immelman is the Pilot of the YF-22 that dropped the Dimension Bomb. lol

Nope, it will not make her a Windermere, it will make her a "protoculture-an", the ancestors of the windermere.

If things are true, she's going to be like Javik from Mass Effect, a Protean, an ancient race that started the whole galaxy.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 13, 2016 6:02 PM

Oct 2008
winderwatever shit they are called thinks they are all acting high and mighty...you just want Mikumo goddess will reemergence! just like a reincarnation?
LOL or might be Mikumo is related to windermwatever shit.
3/5.

Jul 13, 2016 6:26 PM

Apr 2011
Tenth said:
Probably the worst episode so far and this episode really proved it to me I don't really give a shit about Windermiere and this episode was 90% focused on them.

Yeah, same here. It's a shame. :/
I was at least able to sympathize with other alien invaders/attackers in the previous macross series, but I just can't deal with their stupid magical hair nerve thingies. It makes it impossible to take them serious. [IN A MACROSS SHOW, SO THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING.]
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jul 20, 2016 10:07 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty weak episode, but the cliffhanger was very nice
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Movie vs TV Series

Reshiram_IX - Jan 16, 2023

9 by donnascherer »»
Mar 16, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2015

447 by Zekkenshin »»
Jan 1, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

246 by AdrianShephardt »»
Mar 7, 2023 9:01 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

35 by SilverCrono »»
Oct 17, 2022 9:10 AM

» Macross Delta underrated? ( 1 2 )

SaltyShoebill - Apr 26, 2016

66 by procion »»
Aug 31, 2022 12:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.