Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
First Love Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2016 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was odd. I kinda like it but also felt weird after watching it even as a shoujo. The main girl is very shy while we get the introduction of the main characters although not all of them really impresses me in particular the male cast.

Kanade on the other hand reminds me of Sata from Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji for some reason. Otherwise, average episode imo. It had some potential though.

Jul 2, 2016 9:23 AM

Jan 2012
Pretty juvenile, but then I guess that's the point huh? Not bad here, but this style of humor has potential to get real old real quick if they aren't careful. Geez, only when you see Kanade and his friends stand amongst their schoolmates do you see how insanely huge they are for their age. And they just casually throw out ntr? XD Don't worry Kaho, 4 or 5 years age difference is nothing when you both grow up! XD
Jul 2, 2016 9:53 AM

Jan 2015
I think I'm gonna like this anime. A rich girl that wants to make a new "start" as a commoner and maybe being "creepy" too. LOL
Just why Kaho's hair have to be that hair-changing all the time? I mean, like every time she feels a "throb" in her heart or something like that?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 2, 2016 10:01 AM
Jun 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
That was odd. I kinda like it but also felt weird after watching it even as a shoujo. The main girl is very shy while we get the introduction of the main characters although not all of them really impresses me in particular the male cast.

Kanade on the other hand reminds me of Sata from Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji for some reason. Otherwise, average episode imo. It had some potential though.

You know, seeing Kaho and Takahashi together remind me of Ririchi(Ririchiyo) and Soushi-kun from Inu x Boku SS.
Jul 2, 2016 10:04 AM

May 2008
This was...weird. I loved the voice cast though.

Sakurashoujo said:
You know, seeing Kaho and Takahashi together remind me of Ririchi(Ririchiyo) and Soushi-kun from Inu x Boku SS.

Oh man, that show was good.
Jul 2, 2016 10:09 AM

Oct 2012
What the hell did I just watch? Oh, god...
This is so weird, he's like 1 feet taller than her and still a primary school, Kaho just looks like the kid he should be lol.
I don't know why but I want to watch episode 2.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Jul 2, 2016 10:10 AM

Jun 2013
Okay, not gonna lie, that was really fucking cute
Jul 2, 2016 10:12 AM

Mar 2015
Yes! I knew this would be awesome.

That's just my type of show. 11/10.

I might burn in hell for enjoying this though.

Also: Takahiro Sakurai -> Kanade Takahashi -> Misaki Takahashi.
Jul 2, 2016 10:17 AM

Jun 2016
What the fuck.

Why.

To whom is this show geared?
Jul 2, 2016 10:33 AM

Aug 2013
ahah this is awesome, i really liked this first episode.
Jul 2, 2016 10:44 AM

Jul 2013
Gotta say I do think it was really cute but THEY'RE IN PRIMARY SCHOOL WTF WHAT EVEN IS THIS WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL ABOUT THIS.
Jul 2, 2016 11:18 AM

Nov 2011
I liked the chick with the glasses (I forget her name) but she's basically going to be a side character i feel and not so important.

It was funny but awkward to watch. The ending song was really good but that's about it.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 2, 2016 11:21 AM

Sep 2010
This is so weird...
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 2, 2016 11:22 AM

Mar 2015
Oh, and I'm getting Uke-vibes from the guy with the hair in his face.

Looking forward to see more!
Jul 2, 2016 11:24 AM

Mar 2016
Honestly my jaw was dropped through the whole thing. I completely forgot what this show was about since i made my Summer to watch list a while ago. Through the first 5 minutes i was confused to why i put it on there.

I quickly remembered after the "plot twist".

Anyway as much as i was crying with laughter at how dumb this episode was, I really hope it doesn't continue. It will become less funny and more annoying. I enjoyed it though. It seems like a self aware dumb show and it will be nice between all the angst i seem to be watching rn.
Jul 2, 2016 11:24 AM

Apr 2014
I hope I'll not get arrested for watching this.
I am a straight woman and I like boobs.
-Said no feminist ever
Jul 2, 2016 11:29 AM

Aug 2015
This anime is soo odd and its probably weird that I enjoyed it as much as I did.

Anime ep 1 vs Manga volume 1

The anime's first episode is kinda different from the manga ( only read volume one ) Kanades friends are introduce at the end of the first volume and the whole playground thing doesn't happen, at the beginning after Kaho learns that Kanades a 5th grader that go into a little bit of the collage student character.
Jul 2, 2016 11:34 AM

Jun 2012
I didn't read the synopsis before watching this episode. I sat through the remainder of the episode, as soon as they introduced the other primary school students and showed them lined up in their school courtyard, with my mouth spread open.

I fixed myself to drop it as a reverse-harem series when I saw the heroine shift into thoughts of "love" from the very moment she woke; is that really how you christen a day, girl?
With this change in direction, there might be an uncharted level of promise to endeavor.

The show seems to know what it's doing, I like that.
Jul 2, 2016 11:36 AM
May 2010
Fun episode this series has potential with the comedy, not sure about romance but it could be interesting seeing it develop for a bit.
Jul 2, 2016 11:38 AM

Jul 2014
I know this will get dropped before too long, but I just had to say... WIENER HANDS!!!!!
Jul 2, 2016 11:41 AM

Sep 2015
...Well. That was strange.
Is this like some sort of deconstruction of the loli-worshipping culture, where we get some really strange reversal?
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jul 2, 2016 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
Well that was weird. The puberty of these kids tho.
Jul 2, 2016 11:47 AM

May 2014
Kaho is literally just an incredibly cheap Shirakiin Ririchiyo.
Jul 2, 2016 11:52 AM

Mar 2013
Dick jokes, character named Gin, voiced by Tomokazu Sugita... I am watching Gintama, am I?
Jul 2, 2016 12:01 PM

Feb 2016
In my opinion it was painful to watch mostly because of the main character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2016 12:01 PM

Dec 2014
That was well weird albeit it was quite funny.
Kahho does remind of Ririchiyo from Inu x Boku, Though I liked Ririchiyo more than I'm liking Kaho.

I laughed when they introduced the other two 5th graders, They're huge too xd
If only they had referenced the Naruto jutsu when doing the assembly poking :3

Where does the Wiener go indeed XDD

AntonKutovoi said:
Dick jokes, character named Gin, voiced by Tomokazu Sugita... I am watching Gintama, am I?

This exact fact made the comedy better in my eyes.

Seems like a decent comedy, Will see what happens. Not really interested in the ironic Shota romance for now XD
Jul 2, 2016 12:14 PM

Sep 2010
I was about 100% sure I will drop this series in no time but as I watched this first episode I somehow did not.

This is really too stupid and too unreal. This is primary school we are talking about and yet it full of bishonens. WTF!?

Still I sure like this type of heroine and I really wonder where will this go.

Then again maybe the only reason why I am watching this anime is this after all.

AntonKutovoi said:

I sure can watch anime just to hear to this Seiyuu
Jul 2, 2016 12:30 PM

Feb 2013
Hahahahahaha wtf was that!! Chinko jokes everywhere LOL + glasses "kid" with that voice
Jul 2, 2016 12:44 PM

Aug 2014
Awful... weird... odd... the characters are awful, all of them, the art is off, the plot is what, the fact that they're that big is WHAT...
The only good thing is the voice acting
Ruka desu.
Jul 2, 2016 12:48 PM
Jul 2015
Not at all what I expected, this is beyond great its hilarious. This gets an instant high rating from me. Hilarious laughing the whole time, instantly got on my favorites like this doesn't happen for me.
Jul 2, 2016 12:49 PM

Sep 2014
I don't know when the last time I laughed this hard while watching anime was. One of the best first episodes I've ever seen.
ZeraJul 2, 2016 1:41 PM
Jul 2, 2016 12:51 PM

Oct 2014
The main girl is annoying, the main guy is annoying, the main guy's friends are annoying, the senpai from the dorm are annoying and the green-blue haired guy is kinda cute but still annoying... To sum it up, this is seriously annoying, I can't believe I was even expecting something good out of this... Well, I'll probably watch one more episode and decide if I'm gonna drop it or not...
Jul 2, 2016 1:23 PM
Aug 2011
Sugita Tomokazu
Gin
stolen chinko
dog burying chinko while friends laugh at Gin

As someone above said. I'm not sure when I stumbled into this makeshift Gintama'°: Echousen (2016) because i've seen this exact scenario there before.

I enjoy the seiyuu here but I wasn't sure I was expecting this kind of comedy. I get it, when your manga has questionable content at best then you're better off making parody of it.
standJul 2, 2016 1:36 PM
Jul 2, 2016 1:41 PM
Jan 2014
Thanks for reminding me I could watch Gintama instead of your shitty show.

Jul 2, 2016 1:41 PM

Jun 2008
This was kind of funny and kind of disturbing. Is Kanade really a child? Because I don't think I want to watch this show if he is.
Jul 2, 2016 1:51 PM
Sep 2015
Sakurashoujo said:
Stark700 said:

My god!! Thought I was the only one who thought that too!! ...I was having Miketsukami and Ririchiyo feels all over again aaaah ^^ I low-key wish Taka was a kitsune
Jul 2, 2016 1:53 PM

Jan 2015
well that was one wierd story, I'm so curious about why they're acting like kids some sort of trauma or smth?? looks like this is gonna be entertaining xD also the voice actors are great !!
Jul 2, 2016 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
That was so weird!
Jul 2, 2016 2:03 PM

Oct 2011
What they are only in 5th grade omg šŸ˜²
Jul 2, 2016 2:11 PM
Sep 2015
OMG!!! I feel like such a pedo now - I understand main chick's pain

Jul 2, 2016 2:24 PM

Jan 2014
Nothing outstanding but the setting is there, and so is likely the hilarity we're gonna keep seeing. This is pretty much gonna be lulz 70% of the time and seriousness 30% of the time (or maybe 90-10).

It really feels weird having an older voice cast, voicing giants that behave like the kids they are. I bet the respective seiyu laughed their asses off during and after voicing. And funnily the only one that actually sounds like a kid, Ayumu Murase voices the only normal kid of the bunch. I wonder why Kanade and Co. find him "cool".

I wanna see SuzuKen soon, not too many roles this season for him D:
Jul 2, 2016 2:32 PM

Mar 2016
This was stupid ._.
It reminds me of when kids pretend that they are dating... She just said absolutely stranger that she loves him and then he just said "OK! Now you're my girlfriend" wtf...
Jul 2, 2016 2:39 PM

Oct 2015
This is so cringeworthy that I'll have to keep watching it. I mean it's very interesting that they look like a bunch of 18 year olds In 5th grade and they look mentally challenged so eh... i'll be looking forward to the 2nd episode for more cringe xD

- Monthly Anime Club
- Youtube
Jul 2, 2016 2:53 PM
Jan 2016
what the hell who thought that they are in primary school and yes i really liked this anime and how this can be a shoujo
it surprised me
Jul 2, 2016 3:10 PM
Aug 2015
The romance is so dumb that it feels like it's trying to make a parody out of shoujo romance

The op was awesome <3

The comedy is the only thing I'm gonna look forward to in this show
Jul 2, 2016 3:14 PM

Jul 2013
It was.... Horrible. Why is time being put into making something as bad as this, when there are so many good mangas that could be made into anime...smh
Jul 2, 2016 3:37 PM

May 2010
TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!
Jul 2, 2016 3:55 PM
Jul 2018
ooooh gosh I actually found this to be really funny. I know the humor was pretty childish, but I lol'd quite a few times.
Jul 2, 2016 3:59 PM
Jan 2014
Kerozinn said:
TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!
alphaAngel said:
It was.... Horrible. Why is time being put into making something as bad as this, when there are so many good mangas that could be made into anime...smh

AluSsak said:
This was stupid ._.
It reminds me of when kids pretend that they are dating... She just said absolutely stranger that she loves him and then he just said "OK! Now you're my girlfriend" wtf...

This is all you need to know about this show. At least there's still hope for this site after all.
Leruki said:
ooooh gosh I actually found this to be really funny. I know the humor was pretty childish, but I lol'd quite a few times.

Wow, you have low standards, you probably bath naked too.
Shock_YinJul 2, 2016 4:14 PM

Jul 2, 2016 4:16 PM

Dec 2013
(sorry for my very bad english)
Ok so, I don't really like shota, but I loved this first episode !
I love weird thing -hello shaft- so it's a good show for me !
And the opening ! ((((o(//A//)o))) I have already listened Aoi Shouta's voice in a drama cd, I like his voice !
Butit's really weird, the op sound a little bit rock, epic, but it's all pink... yes, really weird,
8/10 ! o/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hatsukoi Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

56 by LilyVarbik »»
Feb 15, 7:57 AM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Monster Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

37 by LilyVarbik »»
Feb 14, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Monster Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

30 by LilyVarbik »»
Feb 14, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Monster Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

19 by LilyVarbik »»
Feb 14, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Monster Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

30 by LilyVarbik »»
Feb 14, 12:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.