Forum Settings
Forums

Summer 2016 Anime you're looking most forward to??

New
May 16, 2016 4:18 PM

May 2016
Hey guys so I've been working on this video for fun on the Anime i cant wait to see this summer.
Made me wanna ask if anyone else has checked them out and which ones are you excited for?

I feel like this summers gonna be really awesome especially for new anime in general not including reboots or spinoff even though there are the obvious ones like the Berserk reboot
anyone else pumped for the new summer anime lineup?

***EDIT Video is finished check it here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSTyYXuACGg
DarkGamblerMay 20, 2016 7:30 PM
( . ) ( . ) Like Anime? Wan Get Drunk! Love Bewbs? CLICK THE PICTURE! ( . ) ( . )
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 16, 2016 4:21 PM

Mar 2015
ehh.. too many to list... TBH, it's better than spring line-up, hope not dissapointing...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 16, 2016 4:28 PM

May 2016
Kuma said:
ehh.. too many to list... TBH, it's better than spring line-up, hope not dissapointing...

I feel the same way TBH. im gravitating more towards the more obscure series rather than the ones with the most hype sofar
( . ) ( . ) Like Anime? Wan Get Drunk! Love Bewbs? CLICK THE PICTURE! ( . ) ( . )
May 16, 2016 4:28 PM

Apr 2014
I dunno, but the folks at MAL Rewrite will have a blast talking about Rewrite lol.
And the (hopefully) second season of the Seven Deadly Sins should be hype for me too.
May 16, 2016 4:29 PM

Mar 2015
Protaku said:
I dunno, but the folks at MAL Rewrite will have a blast talking about Rewrite lol.
And the (hopefully) second season of the Seven Deadly Sins should be hype for me too.
only 4 episode thou... are you already know about that?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 16, 2016 4:29 PM

Nov 2011
I'm sure it will be mostly garbage with maybe one good anime and a couple of decent ones.
May 16, 2016 4:31 PM

May 2016
Protaku said:

Not to sure about Rewrite myself seems like an interesting concept and story but i picture it falling flat on its face seems too bland
May 16, 2016 4:35 PM

Apr 2014
Kuma said:
Protaku said:
only 4 episode thou... are you already know about that?

Oh barnacles, I didn't know about that. Well I guess it's time to fall back on Fate/Kaleid Liner S4 as sequel anime of the season; I was never too keen on Berserk or Shokugeki and for most of the others.
May 16, 2016 4:36 PM

Mar 2015
Rewrite, the new Beserk, Planetarian, Handa-kun
May 16, 2016 4:37 PM

Apr 2014
WestAtBest said:
Protaku said:

Not to sure about Rewrite myself seems like an interesting concept and story but i picture it falling flat on its face seems too bland

I want to have faith in Key again. Hoping for 24 episodes instead of 12 or 13.
May 16, 2016 4:37 PM

May 2015
I assume that Rewrite is going to be the big one...

Other than that, well I've seen all the Fate/kaleid seasons. Not gonna stop now.

And Berserk is back (finally). Let' see what happens with that...
May 16, 2016 4:38 PM

Feb 2015
Orange! I hope the adaptation will be good!
May 16, 2016 4:38 PM

Mar 2016
A lot actually.
Im very excited about Danganronpa
And there is HXH... Im pretty sure i will hate the MC. My envy is strong on that one.
Hope that it will be a good FAP material

May 16, 2016 4:40 PM

Sep 2014
Fudanshi Koukou Seikatsu because I enjoy and find the manga to be funny.

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE! LOVE! because I loved the first season.

Ozmafia because I'm currently playing the visual novel, even though the anime is confirmed to be a short I'm looking forward to it.

Onara Gorou just because of how unpredictable and weird it looks like it'll be.

Days looks interesting, and I've been getting into sports anime lately.

B-Project looks like something I might enjoy. The only real music-themed anime I liked was Starmyu, and it looks similar enough.
May 16, 2016 4:40 PM

Jan 2013
If it's not Evangelion 4.0 then I'm not hyped. :[

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
May 16, 2016 4:42 PM
Mar 2016
Shokugeki No Souma 2nd Season, I love this series. It's one of my favorites and I can't wait for the epic duels to be animated.
Lolis are for petting, not for fapping.
May 16, 2016 4:43 PM

May 2016
lendidi said:
Orange! I hope the adaptation will be good!

FUCKIN YES! Orange is gunna be amazing
May 16, 2016 4:43 PM

Oct 2014
Related to stuff I've already seen:
Berserk
Love Live Sunshine
Show By Rock!! Short
New Game (read some of the manga)
Nanatsu no Taizai 4 episode thing

That's about it.
May 16, 2016 4:46 PM

May 2016
Surprised no ones mentioned Relife yet looks really really good
May 16, 2016 4:47 PM

Feb 2013
WestAtBest said:
Hey guys so I've been working on this video for fun on the Anime i cant wait to see this summer.
Made me wanna ask if anyone else has checked them out and which ones are you excited for?

I feel like this summers gonna be really awesome especially for new anime in general not including reboots or spinoff even though there are the obvious ones like the Berserk reboot
since i doubt you care about individual opinions, you might as well sort the season by popularity
http://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2016/summer

but Onara Gorou sounds interesting.. it's like the Sushi Police of anime
bought to you by the creator of mr. ando https://45.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3tptftgtV1rr7a72o1_500.gif
May 16, 2016 4:50 PM

May 2016
romagia said:
WestAtBest said:

since i doubt you care about individual opinions, you might as well sort the season by popularity
http://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2016/summer

but Onara Gorou sounds interesting.. it's like the Sushi Police of anime

Nah man I'm not doin a vid by popularity. I'm doin what I'm personally excited for. Just wanted to ask what other people were excited for as well.
May 16, 2016 4:57 PM
Feb 2015
Scared Rider Xechs ( Reverse harems are life )
Nanatsu no Taizai ( can't wait to see the bae Ban in action )
B project ( Hot Bishounen everywhere )
Tsukiuta. The Animation ( same reason as above )
Servamp ( a boys cast always ends up with some yaoi )
Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin ( Beautiful animation and an interesting story )
Qualidea Code ( same reason as above )
Hatsukoi Monster ( cute characters )
Fukigen na Mononokean ( favorite seiyuu voicing one of the main characters plus guys look super hot )
Days (TV) ( Besides sexy bishoune big Soccer fan here )
Fudanshi Koukou Seikatsu ( a straight guy reading BL that's whats up )
Ozmafia ( Another reverse harem )
Tales of Zestiria the X ( plot seems good )
May 16, 2016 5:07 PM

Nov 2008
Regalia (The lolis and lovely Yui Ogura and Nao Touyama goodness)

Love Live Sunshine (I was worried about this for the longest but everything seems to be turning out alright, so hype ahoy)

New Game

Shokugeki No Souma 2nd Season (the 1st season was awesome)

May 16, 2016 5:21 PM

Jan 2015
Shokugeki, ReLife and possible Tales since I'm a fan of Ufo. I was excited for Tenkyo no Alderamin but everything I've seen so far doesn't have me excited at all.

So all in all maybe same level of Spring maybe less.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 16, 2016 5:23 PM

Feb 2016
Orange definitely interests me the most because of the time travelish plot and ive never read the source materiel so it should be interesting
ReLife is on my list since I ADORED the manga,
Rewrite seems interesting too and I might check out the VN after the series ends
Shokugeki is also on my list since I enjoyed S1
Mob Phsyco 100 is up there since ill literally watch any Bones project
May 16, 2016 5:24 PM

May 2016
The only two is Attack on titan s2 and Food Wars s2.
"It's not like I wanted a signature or anything...BAKA!" - A MAL user.
May 16, 2016 5:25 PM

Apr 2016
I am really excited for the relife anime. Really like the web manga.
Also excited about food wars s2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2016 5:45 PM

Oct 2013
jakobpablo said:
Orange definitely interests me the most because of the time travelish plot and ive never read the source materiel so it should be interesting
ReLife is on my list since I ADORED the manga,
Rewrite seems interesting too and I might check out the VN after the series ends
Shokugeki is also on my list since I enjoyed S1
Mob Phsyco 100 is up there since ill literally watch any Bones project

pretty much these, with berserk included. not excited but I'm looking forward to watching some of these.
May 16, 2016 5:48 PM

Jan 2015
Right now I've got sixteen shows I'm planning on starting, though I have no idea how many I'll just end up dropping.

I'm only really excited for the adaption of Orange.
May 16, 2016 6:02 PM

Jun 2015
D.GRAY MAN!!!!! Been waiting years for a continuation! <---- ths one is pretty much the one I'm more hyped about!!
Then I'm also planning to watch Fudanshi and Fukigen na Mononokean
May 16, 2016 6:07 PM
Dec 2013
Shokugeki no Souma S2
Berserk (2016)
Orange
Mob Psycho 100
D.Gray-man Hollow
May 16, 2016 6:53 PM

Sep 2015
I'm calling it right now, Mob Psycho 100 will be the best show of the season.

You can quote me on that because my hype is through the roof. I've seen the PV like 20 times already.

Everything else in the summer I haven't been paying attention to but from what everyone's saying, it'll be alright.

Rarity is Best Pony!
May 16, 2016 7:44 PM

Feb 2015
Re:Zero should keep getting better and better over the summer, and I'm loving it already.

Shokugeki no Soma S2 should have enough manga material to last out most of its 2-cours before the story nosedives, so that'll be fun.

ReLife and Orange both look like they have plenty of potential to be great stories.

Rewrite might be a complete trainwreck on the one hand, but it might also be an unexpectedly-fun-to-watch trainwreck like Mayoiga has been this season.

QABJAB said:

That's a pretty big claim to be making. What's its appeal? iirc its premise looked pretty stupid and unworkable to me when I glossed over it.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
May 16, 2016 8:30 PM

May 2016
Caelidesu said:
Re:Zero should keep getting better and better over the summer, and I'm loving it already.

Shokugeki no Soma S2 should have enough manga material to last out most of its 2-cours before the story nosedives, so that'll be fun.

ReLife and Orange both look like they have plenty of potential to be great stories.

Rewrite might be a complete trainwreck on the one hand, but it might also be an unexpectedly-fun-to-watch trainwreck like Mayoiga has been this season.

QABJAB said:

That's a pretty big claim to be making. What's its appeal? iirc its premise looked pretty stupid and unworkable to me when I glossed over it.

Its getting alot of hype because this is from the same creator as One Punch Man so everyone's hyped for it. its going to turn away some people because of the art style but the art style is purposefully like that

I completely agree what you said about Rewrite by the way lol
May 16, 2016 8:34 PM

Oct 2013
relife trailer looks good so far. Handa kun seems itll have the highest rating for my enjoyment so theres that otherwise looks just like another season
May 16, 2016 8:36 PM

Feb 2015
WestAtBest said:
Caelidesu said:

Its getting alot of hype because this is from the same creator as One Punch Man so everyone's hyped for it.

Uh-oh. I had a feeling the art looked similar and I assumed that it was a bad OPM rip-off. I'd be more hyped for it if it didn't look like it it's going to use the exact same brand of comedy as OPM too.

WestAtBest said:
its going to turn away some people because of the art style but the art style is purposefully like that

That's the least of my concerns. I'm worried that it's going to have stale writing - which probably seems like a weird thing to be worried about, but I get the feeling that One is a One Trick Pony.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
May 16, 2016 8:36 PM
Nov 2015
Shokugeki no souma and qualidea code(i don t remember if this one is referent to that season...)
May 16, 2016 8:38 PM

Aug 2015
TOO MANY TO LIST

• Rewrite
  • ReLIFE
  • Handa Kun
  • Masou Gakuen HxH
  • Okusama ga Seitokaichou s2
  • Shokugeki no Soma s2
  • Taboo Tattoo
  • Planetarian
  • Planetarian movie
  • Final Fantasy XV movie
    and so on

You guys need to step up your game
Z-DanteMay 16, 2016 8:44 PM
May 16, 2016 8:42 PM

Jan 2011
The only correct answer is second season of Shokugeki no Soma

Then there is Rewrite and second cour of Re:Zero but yeah.. not too excited for Summer quantity wise
May 16, 2016 8:44 PM

Sep 2015
I don't even I know what its airing.

Cya.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

May 16, 2016 8:47 PM

Jan 2016
Well, I'm pretty hyped about the upcoming Love Live series.

Maybe, it will do what Cinderella Girls did with the original Idolmaster for me, which is being better than the original.

Also, the 2nd season of Souma. I'm pretty excited to see the whole Totsuki's Autumn Election animated in its full glory.

-Senpai- said:
I don't even I know what its airing.

Cya.

http://anichart.net/summer

You're welcome in advance. xD
May 16, 2016 9:08 PM

Jun 2015
rewrite looks dope, beserk also looks cool. But it's a continuation and i haven't watched it:'0
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2016 9:12 PM

Apr 2010
Is Fate/yuriloli 3rei this summer? If so, then that.
May 16, 2016 9:20 PM

Feb 2015
RS Keikaku: Rebirth Storage (would be nice to see a good mecha
Arslan Senki season 2 (huge fan of the series
Handa-kun (looks funny... and the car name
Danganronpa 3 (looks badass... still need to watch the first 2
91 Days (poster guy looks sexy (.-.
Berserk 2016 (who isnt hyped?
Rewrite (looks cute... want some romance
Relife (sexy main and looks really interesting
Hatsukoi Monster (been waiting for another anime like this
Servamp (poster looks cewl (.-.
Days (love the sports animu
D.gray man hollow (huge D.gray fan!
Cheer Danshi (i like sports
Shokugeki no Souma season 2 (cooking anime! (.-.
Mob Psycho 100 (ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUNCH! ... not the same i know
May 16, 2016 10:37 PM

Aug 2014
WestAtBest said:
Protaku said:

If it get 24 ep or more, I imagine it'll be one of the hits this summer, both on MAL and JP, and likely gonna surprise you.
May 16, 2016 11:20 PM

May 2016
Snappynator said:
WestAtBest said:

If it get 24 ep or more, I imagine it'll be one of the hits this summer, both on MAL and JP, and likely gonna surprise you.

I'm still gunna keep an eye out on it because like i said the concept seems really cool just have my doubts
May 16, 2016 11:30 PM

Apr 2015
Mob psycho 100 looks pretty cool, I loved OPM so looking forward to that

91 days has everything I love, mystery, betrayal, revenge, so pretty sure I'll love it. And I think it's by the same studio that did durarara? I'm not sure but if it is then oooh boy will I love it

Days cause I love sports anime and football is my favorite sport, even though I didn't quite like the pv or character desings with the obviously blushing pink cheeks tbh

The last one is tales of zestiria X, LOVED the pv and the character designs, though I know nothing about the story yet but I'm more than willing to give it a shot
May 16, 2016 11:31 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
all the harems and moe blobs, what more do i need to say lol?
May 16, 2016 11:36 PM

Jul 2015
Shokugeki no Soma season 2. Can't wait for those foodgasms again.

caught in the wonder
May 16, 2016 11:41 PM

Oct 2014
Summer looks epic.

Shokugeki no souma s2
D. Gray man
berserk
Orange
Fate kaleid
Love live
Arslan senki s2

Hype is real.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 2 hours ago

24 by EverRealm »»
27 seconds ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 8 hours ago

28 by Jackson1333 »»
2 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

65 by Piromysl »»
6 minutes ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 hours ago

58 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Favorite Beater in anime

Catalano - 32 minutes ago

3 by KittenCuddler »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.