Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 14, 2016 2:46 PM

Nov 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ahh <3 can't wait for the game
Jun 14, 2016 2:51 PM

Apr 2015
Actually liked this more than the first ep! Really can't wait for the game, I'm alreafy getting attached to the characters..
Jun 14, 2016 2:54 PM

Nov 2012
Raz1515 said:
Actually liked this more than the first ep! Really can't wait for the game, I'm alreafy getting attached to the characters..

Yeah, I totally agree with you :)
Jun 14, 2016 2:56 PM

Jul 2014
The moment I saw the fat kid I knew it was Prompto. I liked his backstory on how he strove to be skinny to be friends with Noctis. Nice character development.
Jun 14, 2016 3:43 PM

Jan 2016
First episode: They eat some food in a diner.
Second episode: Fat kid meets dog then gets skinny.

quality
Jun 14, 2016 3:51 PM
Oct 2015
I loved this Episode! Very emotional.
Jun 14, 2016 4:14 PM

Jan 2008
After you play the demo with Noctis as a kid, the setting in this episode just doesn't feel right. way too Japan-ey and not fantasy enough.

None the less, nice to see some backstory.
Jun 14, 2016 6:46 PM

Apr 2015
so... Prompto was a fat kid back then... such good backstory...
but the way he sniffed the letter somehow looks like a pervert... lol
Jun 14, 2016 7:41 PM

Sep 2011
prompto becomes /fit/

Paul said:
After you play the demo with Noctis as a kid, the setting in this episode just doesn't feel right. way too Japan-ey and not fantasy enough.

None the less, nice to see some backstory.
to be fair the demo takes place in altissa with only the last boss fight area being where this episode took place, if you look over the gate in that area the place just looks like japan

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 14, 2016 8:15 PM
Nov 2014
This was actually a pretty good episode. I didn't especially like the first episode, but this one was nice. It's a good idea if they continue this formula, I think.
Jun 14, 2016 8:28 PM

Nov 2015
Finally they back episodes. We see the past of the characters, I like the series, and is short.
Jun 14, 2016 8:34 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ahh that was a cute episode. Really liking Prompto even more. Prompto becoming friends with Noctis was simple but nice.
Jun 14, 2016 9:05 PM

Oct 2015
For the hype sake.
Jun 14, 2016 10:24 PM

Dec 2014
Really nice episode, Watching Prompto getting fit in order to become friends with Noctis was great.
That letter sniffing though XD

Please Square Enix, Release this on PC. I don't want to watch this for nothing :(
Jun 14, 2016 11:07 PM

Mar 2013
Oh my god, Prompto is so innocent, so pure. Never let him get hurt, please.
Jun 14, 2016 11:09 PM

Jan 2009
Prompto was motivated to get fit because of her crush to the girl that he did not even see the face lol
Jun 15, 2016 1:10 AM

Dec 2015
Hm... being fat = being unworthy of friendship?
or did I misunderstand and is it even worth: becoming friend with Noctis is only a way to come near a girl?

The episode was a lot more interesting than the first. The idea of 15mn game characters introductions to wait for the said game (wich is not my case) is nice.
On the other hand, the world looks a lot less appealing now thanks to those typically japanese high-schools and towns.
3/5
Rei_IIIJun 15, 2016 2:34 AM
Jun 15, 2016 2:07 AM
Oct 2013
Japan and FFXV's world is the same? Would love to see Japan in the game.

michaelh19 said:
so... Prompto was a fat kid back then... such good backstory...
but the way he sniffed the letter somehow looks like a pervert... lol

Healthy motivation :D It makes you fit.
Jun 15, 2016 3:02 AM

Sep 2010
It was nice to Prompto's backstory on how he came to know and become friends with Noctis. I didn't expect the typical Japanese settings and environments, but I wonder what the surrounding wall is for. (I got Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin/Other Works vibes.) Lunafreya's castle (?) was super extravagant.

My guess is the remaining three episodes will focus on Gladiolus, Ignis, and Noctis in that order (unless Noctis' episode was the first episode or portrayed in the actual game).

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Jun 15, 2016 4:52 AM

Jan 2013
Of course suburban Insomnia looks just like Japan.
Jun 15, 2016 7:23 AM

Jan 2009
That was great! Really liked the episode. The backstory wasn't boring at all, if you ask me - very relatable even.

One more ticket to the hypetrain, please.
Jun 15, 2016 8:12 AM
Mar 2008
The more things i see about FFXV, the likely it is that i am not buying the game day one. Episode 2 was ok but in dont see the point of it. And if the game is going all modern Japan, then i can play Persona to begin with or something, again i dont see the point.
Man, i am most likely gonna skio FFXV and go straight to World of Final Fantasy, looks way better.
Jun 15, 2016 9:25 AM
Oct 2013
MahadoKusanagi said:
Episode 2 was ok but in dont see the point of it.

It's the backstory of Noctis and Prompto's Brotherhood. That's the point.
Jun 15, 2016 12:33 PM
Mar 2008
SigOpram said:
MahadoKusanagi said:
Episode 2 was ok but in dont see the point of it.

It's the backstory of Noctis and Prompto's Brotherhood. That's the point.

No shit sherlock? I could see that as well. Still, what' s the point in it when you dont even know anything about the characters in the present AND in combination with the first episode.
If these 5 episodes are just suppose to be random without any real connection to one another, than again, i dont see the point in it being an Anime in the first place.
Jun 15, 2016 1:13 PM

Feb 2014
I really enjoyed the little story!
Jun 15, 2016 1:18 PM

May 2009
PolisChan said:
First episode: They eat some food in a diner.
Second episode: Fat kid meets dog then gets skinny.

quality

What do you expect for ONA-commercial?
Jun 15, 2016 2:37 PM

Jan 2016
bastek66 said:
What do you expect for ONA-commercial?

Well I'd rather have them put the same effort and money into something more fun to watch. A simple one minute animation showing off a cool game feature would be more interesting.
Jun 15, 2016 7:56 PM
Mar 2009
So I haven't been keeping up with FFXV news much, except for release dates and stuff, so I was fairly taken aback by the modern Japanese setting and the fact that Lunafreya is older than Noct :O Does anyone know and can explain to my uneducated mind about the Japanese school setting thing when in the demo it's like wilderness? I feel like that ginormous wall has something to do with it...
Jun 15, 2016 9:16 PM
Oct 2013
MahadoKusanagi said:

No shit sherlock? I could see that as well. Still, what' s the point in it when you dont even know anything about the characters in the present AND in combination with the first episode.
If these 5 episodes are just suppose to be random without any real connection to one another, than again, i dont see the point in it being an Anime in the first place.

No real connection, you blind? Don't even know anything about the characters "and in combination" to the first episode? Just how much did you pay attention in this episode? I think you've eaten too much spaghettis.
Jun 15, 2016 9:31 PM
Mar 2008
SigOpram said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

No real connection, you blind? Don't even know anything about the characters "and in combination" to the first episode? Just how much did you pay attention in this episode? I think you've eaten too much spaghettis.

I am not even gonna continue if you already go the kid direction. Good day.
Jun 15, 2016 9:39 PM
Oct 2013
MahadoKusanagi said:
SigOpram said:

Good cause you're the one who started with the Sherlock. At least you know how to initiate the break. If you're thinking this is going the "kid direction" and want a proper argument, then just for once it's NOT "random". There's a connection between the episodes - just one particular line. It's just that you paid zero attention.
Jun 15, 2016 11:51 PM
Mar 2008
SigOpram said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

Good cause you're the one who started with the Sherlock. At least you know how to initiate the break. If you're thinking this is going the "kid direction" and want a proper argument, then just for once it's NOT "random". There's a connection between the episodes - just one particular line. It's just that you paid zero attention.

For the benefit of a doubt i watched the 2 episodes back to back to see if i missed your "There's the connection" and i still dont see it. But right now, who cares about that.
Now let me get this straight. Let's assume for a second that the "Sherlock" comment was "childish" (which was not since i only reacted to you and the way you wrote it seemed you wanted to call me stupid by stating the obvious part of the episode, but whatever).
Now, instead of going the 2 more logical routes which would be either "ignore that passage or the whole comment" OR "Respond like a normal person by maybe explaining what i possibly missed", you go the route of "I can play that game also, so here we go" by stating e.g. "are you blind?"? Only the "You fucking asshole" was missing and the picture would be complete.
Yeah, a real accomplishment right there, mate. With that i know how you play the game and i am not even going to enter that game. And with that, that was it from my side. Good day to you, sir.
Jun 16, 2016 2:52 AM

Jun 2013
Prompto's Slim Fast Program:

1. Encounter a royal dog
2. Befriend cold school prince
3. Run while saying "konnichiwa" to everyone you pass by. Results may be visible around high school.

It's like watching a Final Fantasy game being forced to fit a Japanese high school story mold with western-looking characters.
臭い-
Jun 16, 2016 7:20 AM

Apr 2012
>loses years of friendship because doesn't look like a boy's band member
what an unhealthy way of thinking
EratiKJun 19, 2016 1:16 AM
Jun 16, 2016 12:58 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
o 3 o Omg the doggy is so cute..hehe. So how did Chibi/Pryna escape?

I enjoyed watching this episode because one doesn't typically see a rotund character in an anime (especially an episode of them trying to lose weight).
Jun 16, 2016 5:53 PM

Aug 2015
Prompto's backstory was nice. Surprised he used to be fat.
Jun 17, 2016 1:50 AM

Jan 2012
Years ago Final Fantasy was literally best game series among any game of any genre on any platform. And now it's just set of yaoi cliche and shameful rip-offs.
Jun 17, 2016 2:03 AM

Nov 2008
It was a good episode, much better than the first one.
This whole mini-series bring back a lot of memories from the past, when I was waiting for the actual Final Fantasy episode to be released. However, it is the first time when we can actually get some backstory on them. I already hyped for the game, and Brotherhood just raised my hype to the sky, lol.
Jun 17, 2016 7:16 AM

Sep 2013
this makes me want the game more and i want to own this anime plus im falling more in love with the characters
Jun 17, 2016 4:54 PM

Mar 2014
It's a shame that none of this will be in the game.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 18, 2016 5:39 AM

May 2015
Loved the backstory. But damn, the difference between present Prompto and past Prompto is as clear as day, lol.

Jun 18, 2016 6:26 AM

Jan 2013
I really thought that this would be a continuation of the first episodes, what happened to that?
Anyway, it was good to see a bit of the backstory of the characters before the game comes out.

Rei366 said:
Hm... being fat = being unworthy of friendship?
or did I misunderstand and is it even worth: becoming friend with Noctis is only a way to come near a girl?

Thing is, when Prompto fell down and Noctis pulled him up, Prompto noticed that Noctis had some little difficulty because he was heavy. So he kinda decided on himself that to support Noctis, just like Luna had asked on the letter (because she assumed that they were friends, since they belong to the same class, because she searched for information about him to thank him for helping her dog), anyway, he decided that he needed to exercise to be more agile and stuff to help the king. And with that, he only decided to introduce himself to Noctis, and become his friends after his goal was completed.

And he also got a crush on Luna apparently.
Jun 18, 2016 8:30 PM

Oct 2013
> We get a cliffhanger last chapter... Nothing related to it in the second
> Fat boy suddenly becomes willingly to lose weight just because the prince said he was heavy (I was hoping for other kids to make fun of him or someone to cause him a trauma since this is from a game which was supposed to be dark.......)
> I really doubt that a prince would study in a regular school...
> No bodyguards for Noctis...
> The owner of the dog was Luna.
> Luna's dog could run away since she isn't a important person, there weren't any guards that could catch the dog.
> Where are Prompto's parents?
> Luna discovers Prompto and sends him a letter 2fast4me
> "Oh lets stop to save a injuried dog. I bet the Empire's army will give us a break"
> Luna looks 2old4Noctis
> How old was the british guy when he started driving for Noctis? 14?

I really hope the game's story isn't as silly and dumb as this........
Jun 19, 2016 7:50 AM
Dec 2014
Cool Prompto flashbacks. And focusing in The past for build The Main squad perfil. Is good hang out for The game.
Jun 20, 2016 1:33 PM

Aug 2013
I loved this episode a lot more than the first because it revealed more about these character's backstories, which is more of the point of a having a prequel. Seeing how Prompto and Noct became friends was interesting/important, especially given how their personalities are complete polar opposites. Normally this would seem like filler, but it actually revealed a lot more about the characters in the game so far than the first episode did.

I really love the fact that Prompto was a heavy kid. As animators, any time we can successfully subvert tropes without alienating anyone or confusing our audience automatically makes the character a little bit more interesting. Prompto's a bit of a pretty boy so seeing him in that situation and able to pull himself out of it was kind of humbling, although I'm not sure how I feel about him becoming healthier to be friends with another kid to impress a girl. That seems like we're sending an uh… interesting message.

Luckily, they did that sort of painful-looking backslap thing wherein Noct remarks that he already knew Prompto so that it shows that he isn't a total dick, right?

This was really funny and entertaining to watch. It's a little sad that the show is only 5 episodes long and 10-15ish minutes each because it feels like it ends so soon but given the nature of how this particular episode went (which was basically a cute little slice of life episode) I really did enjoy it because I felt it added more to the characters.

Also gotta love seeing young Ignis! Would be great to see a younger Gladio.
Jun 20, 2016 1:52 PM

Dec 2015
Good episode. Caught it the other day. Really good way to build the characters for the game. Not just Prompto in this but Noctis too. He totally got disappointed when Prompto wasn't there that time watching him. Bit pervy but whatever.

Is it confirmed this won't be in the game? Or are they going to have it as a main screen option to watch..
New Game
Load Game
Credits
Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV
Kingsglaive

Okay well maybe not the last one but I can see them putting Brotherhood on the game for people to view unless already confirmed as not present on the disc.
Jun 21, 2016 7:09 PM
Apr 2016
I liked the episode; it was cute and said a lot about Prompto. But I was disappointed to see that he felt that his body made him "unworthy" or something to be friends with Sasu-- I mean Noctis. They could have had a couple more years, or however much time there was before the skip, to be friends. I was surprised that Noctis didn't show any interest in Prompto at all but then when Prompto walks up to him like his best pal, he's totally fine with it. I couldn't help but feel that there was a lot of judgement going around, mostly from Prompto himself. Maybe it was intentional, but it was a little sad.
Jun 22, 2016 2:45 AM

Aug 2013
i liked this episode! really can't wait for the game!
Jun 23, 2016 5:14 AM

Nov 2015
OK episode, the dogs were cute

Jun 27, 2016 7:24 PM

Sep 2015
This was a surprising good episode. I like Prompto's character, the prince already thought they were friends saying I know you lol
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV Episode 5 Discussion

Orbital_Fram3 - Sep 16, 2016

40 by Playcool »»
Jun 18, 2023 7:36 AM

» Can I watch this without playing the game?

TheElevenTails - Sep 19, 2016

12 by removed-user »»
Feb 1, 2022 9:05 PM

Poll: » Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV Episode 4 Discussion

Orbital_Fram3 - Aug 17, 2016

21 by removed-user »»
Feb 1, 2022 9:01 PM

» Watch order

FurySlasher - Jan 17, 2022

6 by KHK001 »»
Jan 17, 2022 5:06 PM

Poll: » Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV Episode 3 Discussion

kaitonic - Jul 7, 2016

36 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 19, 2021 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.