Forum Settings
Forums

London Elects First Muslim Mayor, Sadiq Khan Of The Labour Party

New
May 6, 2016 7:10 PM

Jan 2009
In London's mayoral race, the Labour Party's Sadiq Khan beat Conservative Party candidate Zac Goldsmith to become the city's first Muslim mayor.

Khan's religion became a flashpoint throughout the campaign. The AP writes that "Khan, who calls himself 'the British Muslim who will take the fight to the extremists,' accused Goldsmith of trying to scare and divide voters in a proudly multicultural city of 8.6 million people — more than 1 million of them Muslim."

Goldsmith responded by accusing Khan of "playing the race card," the BBC reported in January.

As the Two-Way reported earlier this week, the two candidates occupied very different spaces in the political and social world:

"Khan, who is Muslim, was a human rights lawyer before joining Parliament. His parents immigrated to London from Pakistan. His father was a bus driver in the city for more than 25 years, according to his campaign website.

"As Lauren Frayer reports for NPR, Khan 'was born in South London, one of eight children. The family lived in public housing.'

"Goldsmith, an environmental activist, used to edit The Ecologist magazine. His father was billionaire Sir James Goldsmith.

" 'They're the two faces of London, rich and poor, immigrant and blue blood,' Lauren notes."

In his victory speech, Khan was quoted by The Guardian as saying that he's proud London chose "hope over fear, and unity over division."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/05/06/477101551/london-elects-first-muslim-mayor-sadiq-khan-of-the-labour-party

it begins the silent takeover! /joke

congrats to him now do not letdown the people that voted for you
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 7, 2016 2:14 AM

Jul 2015
I thought MAL would burn but apparently CE regulars have better stuff to whine about these days.
May 7, 2016 2:18 AM

Jan 2009
Clebardman said:
I thought MAL would burn but apparently CE regulars have better stuff to whine about these days.

lol i thought too, since this is a big news on reddit when i checked a similar news about this there

i guess islamophobia is weakening in london

im islamophobic myself but i can see some good news about this especially if this muslim mayor is true to his words that he will fight islamic extremism
May 7, 2016 2:27 AM
Mar 2013
he seems alright

I do think with any minority candidates that tokenism plays a role in their election, and most use it to their advantage
May 7, 2016 2:31 AM

Jun 2008
UcucK strikes again...
May 7, 2016 2:37 AM
Mar 2013
JustALEX said:
UcucK strikes again...
How does this make us cucked?
May 7, 2016 3:00 AM

Mar 2008
Eh, I guess he is okay from that bit of info. As long as he doesnt play favoritism to Muslims and ME immigrants it's a non issue.
May 7, 2016 3:18 AM

Apr 2014
Labour in the UK gets the most Muslim votes, and they've had some really stupid Muslims representing the party. Like this guy.

"Just incase there are any journalists here, that's not my objective. But there should be a Muslim parliment."
Take out "inshallah" and he did say it's his objective, every Muslim voter knows that.

Hopefully the need to please and keep all his votes isn't more important than actual issues that's all I can say.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
May 7, 2016 3:40 AM

Apr 2016
i want him too scream I WILL FUCK UP ISIS
May 7, 2016 3:44 AM
Feb 2014
He's the same guy that said moderate Muslims are "Uncle Toms."

If this isn't being cucked then I don't know what is.
May 7, 2016 3:55 AM

Aug 2013
He looks like a Pakistani version of George Clooney, which arguably scores him some points.
May 7, 2016 3:58 AM
Jan 2014
I'm not against the idea of having a muslim or any other minority as head of a city or government but I've seen some strange statements from him which make me ponder.
elros75May 7, 2016 4:09 AM
May 7, 2016 4:03 AM

Aug 2010
JustALEX said:
UcucK strikes again...

nice Kenyan president m8.
fuck everything and rumble
May 7, 2016 4:08 AM

Jul 2015
Moog said:
He looks like a Pakistani version of George Clooney, which arguably scores him some points.

Y-you're a bit generous here. If he looks like Clooney I'm Johnny Depp :p
May 7, 2016 4:42 AM

Jun 2008
gallivant said:
JustALEX said:
UcucK strikes again...

nice Kenyan president m8.

He's already on his way out...

Trump will make America great again and keep us safe from invaders...

USA! USA! USA!
May 7, 2016 4:43 AM

Oct 2010

KHAAAAAAAAAN!
May 7, 2016 4:48 AM

Apr 2015
Guess only few complains because he won via democratic way. Nice to know. Good news.
#CHEXIT
May 7, 2016 4:52 AM

Jul 2015
Imeon said:
Guess only few complains because he won via democratic way. Nice to know. Good news.

Democracy is to capitalism what religion is to feodalism. The opium of the people. Nothing important is decided in ballot boxes.

That's why genders and sexuality are such hot topics for most people here. They uncounsciously realized that their vote can't change anything related to economy, so they switch to absolutely insignificant topics where they're given some influence like marriage and cling to it like their lives depend on it.
DeathkoMay 7, 2016 4:57 AM
May 7, 2016 7:03 AM

Apr 2015
Clebardman said:

Democracy is to capitalism what religion is to feodalism. The opium of the people. Nothing important is decided in ballot boxes.

That's why genders and sexuality are such hot topics for most people here. They uncounsciously realized that their vote can't change anything related to economy, so they switch to absolutely insignificant topics where they're given some influence like marriage and cling to it like their lives depend on it.

LOL, bet it'll be SIGNIFICANT if he cheated right? Yet for now, we MUSLIMS celebrate. Be bitter.
#CHEXIT
May 7, 2016 7:34 AM

Jul 2015
Imeon said:
LOL, bet it'll be SIGNIFICANT if he cheated right? Yet for now, we MUSLIMS celebrate. Be bitter.

What are you trying to say, I don't get it. Who's elected doesn't matter, they're elected with money and nobody's giving candidates money out of generosity, convictions or whatever. That's why the politics stay globally the same no matter what "side" or party is in power. Unemployment increases, workers get poorer, owners get richer.

You seem to be kinda obsessed by your religion and the way other people see it mate. Chill, it's just an imaginary friend you chose to believe in, don't let it take over your life. Nobody's bitter here except you.
May 7, 2016 8:00 AM

Nov 2012
Buddhists, Christians, Atheists, Kardashian-lovers, bronies, everybody non-muslim.
In the end you are nothing but a heathen destined to burn for eternity in hell. A muslim will always choose a brother in Allah above you. After all, even with their mistakes they are the saved, they are Allah's children while we are 'the other', scorned by Allah.

Do not give your countries to people who believe you and your people are worthless heathens. Britain, Germany, Sweden are lost. USA, do what you do best and don't be a pussy.

May 7, 2016 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
Imeon said:

Well since muslims are almost a majority in London I'm not very suprised that he won the 'democratic' way.
May 7, 2016 9:36 AM

Jul 2015
Raimu4 said:
Imeon said:

Well since muslims are almost a majority in London I'm not very suprised that he won the 'democratic' way.

"almost" source please, I find this information very interesting and I'd like to know more about it.
May 7, 2016 9:42 AM

Jun 2015
Mal strikes again, you can't mention muslims here without them being unnecessarily derided. Grow up people :/
May 7, 2016 10:16 AM

Aug 2012
Clebardman said:
Raimu4 said:

"almost" source please, I find this information very interesting and I'd like to know more about it.

This guy... Just making shit up in CE as usual. Just because waves of immigration took place doesn't mean the country is full of immigrants.
May 7, 2016 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
Clebardman said:
Raimu4 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_London
May 7, 2016 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
IntellectualMr said:
Clebardman said:

This guy... Just making shit up in CE as usual. Just because waves of immigration took place doesn't mean the country is full of immigrants.

May 7, 2016 10:23 AM

Jul 2015
Raimu4 said:
IntellectualMr said:

Says nothing about muslims. Let me link a wikipedia page that is actually relevant
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_London
May 7, 2016 10:24 AM

Aug 2012
Raimu4 said:
IntellectualMr said:

Lmao, you just contradicted yourself. Arabs are 1.3% of the whole country. Nice try.
May 7, 2016 10:28 AM
Jan 2014
Well according to the 2011 census London is roughly 60% white, 19% Asian, and 13% black.
Religion wise Muslims only make up around 12% of the population.
However the increase was significant over the last 10 years but it's still nowhere near the majority.
May 7, 2016 10:35 AM

Apr 2014
IntellectualMr said:
Clebardman said:

What matters is Muslims in the UK. As I said, mp's know how to pander to Muslims to get their votes.

Example: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/lozells-councillor-tells-former-edl-10765096

No freedom to talk about Islam = religion (Islam) controlling politics. Islam and labour go hand in hand, it's really fucked up.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
May 7, 2016 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
IntellectualMr said:
Raimu4 said:

Lmao, you just contradicted yourself. Arabs are 1.3% of the whole country. Nice try.

Funny because every time there is another news report about rape or other crimes they talk about 'Asian' youths, I wonder what they mean by that.

Wow so they changed the street signs in London for that small minority how progressive?
May 7, 2016 11:02 AM

Jul 2015
polygamy and subhuman culture here we come
May 7, 2016 11:04 AM

Aug 2014
R.I.P London. What next? Paris? Belguim? Berlin?
this is how it work, first they invade, there are more and more of them, they getting power more and more then they take over... They don't need war to win.
DrrrZoltyMay 7, 2016 11:11 AM
May 7, 2016 11:40 AM

Aug 2012
Raimu4 said:
IntellectualMr said:

Funny because every time there is another news report about rape or other crimes they talk about 'Asian' youths, I wonder what they mean by that.

Wow so they changed the street signs in London for that small minority how progressive?

What does that have to do with what I said? Stop blabbing irrelevant topics.
May 7, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2015
IntellectualMr said:
Raimu4 said:

Everything is relevant and hints at an imminent collapse of civilization for people who wear tinfoil hats.
May 7, 2016 11:56 AM

Sep 2013
WOW the UK is in worse shape than I thought, their cornerstone London will be a Muslim state in 70 years tops XD

CUCK ME UP!
U
C
K

M
E

U
P
!
May 7, 2016 12:23 PM

Jan 2013
I wish I had a dog in this fight.
But alas, a man can only dream.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 7, 2016 12:53 PM

May 2012
Love that shariah law. london whats good
May 7, 2016 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
IntellectualMr said:
Raimu4 said:

There are probably a lot more but they are put in the statistics as 'asian'
May 7, 2016 1:22 PM

Oct 2015
Labour have gone full Islam. I appreciate their intentions of "unity" or whatever but this will not help them in the general elections which extend beyond the reach of London.
May 7, 2016 1:59 PM

Aug 2013
All politicians are corrupt, none of them get my praise.
May 7, 2016 2:45 PM

Apr 2015
Clebardman said:

What are you trying to say, I don't get it. Who's elected doesn't matter, they're elected with money and nobody's giving candidates money out of generosity, convictions or whatever. That's why the politics stay globally the same no matter what "side" or party is in power. Unemployment increases, workers get poorer, owners get richer.

Hope I don't see your opinion regarding the US election nor defend a politician. Coz you'll just be eating your words.

Clebardman said:

You seem to be kinda obsessed by your religion and the way other people see it mate. Chill, it's just an imaginary friend you chose to believe in, don't let it take over your life. Nobody's bitter here except you.

I ain't obsessed coz if I am I'd be blowing myself right? or raping women as you scholars think of us right? Who's obsessed of commenting in every thread concerning Muslims, huh, Naruto, and attacking people defending it? or your obsessed with me now as well?

Clebardman said:

I thought you don't concern bout politics? Sheesh.... you didn't passed a day and ate your words already.
#CHEXIT
May 7, 2016 2:50 PM

Aug 2010
I hope he doesn't fuck up. A lot rests on his shoulders as the precedent.
May 7, 2016 2:54 PM

May 2014
Clebardman said:

its rather funny how we have people here on MAL who are openly bigoted and closet neo nazis, and yet they watch animes that preach egalitarianism
May 7, 2016 3:01 PM

Jul 2015
Imeon said:
I ain't obsessed coz if I am I'd be blowing myself right? or raping women as you scholars think of us right? Who's obsessed of commenting in every thread concerning Muslims, huh, Naruto, and attacking people defending it? or your obsessed with me now as well?

I think you're talking to the wrong guy bro, I'm one of the few ones here who isn't a self-proclaimed islamophobic. It's not exactly that I like islam, I just hate other religions too. If you actually used your brain for a second you would have noticed that answer to Raimu4 you quoted was basically me poking fun at his stupid fear mongering "muslims are animals" post.

That's exactly what I was talking about btw, you're starting to link everything to your religion out of some media induced paranoia. I'm not bashing you because you're a muslim, I'm bashing you because you say really stupid things.
DeathkoMay 7, 2016 3:08 PM
May 7, 2016 3:12 PM

Apr 2015
Clebardman said:

I think you're talking to the wrong guy bro, I'm one of the few ones here who isn't a self-proclaimed islamophobic. It's not exactly that I like islam, I just hate other religions too.
LOL, we are a few here in MAL, I'm not that old to forget.

Clebardman said:
That's exactly what I was talking about btw, you're starting to link everything to your religion out of some media induced paranoia. I'm not bashing you because you're a muslim,

LOL, I'm just saying the inevitable.

Clebardman said:
I'm bashing you because you say really stupid things.

Yeah, and you love it since you love bashing "stupid comments".
#CHEXIT
May 7, 2016 5:02 PM

Jan 2012
JD2411 said:
JustALEX said:
UcucK strikes again...
How does this make us cucked?

Ignore him , that guy like to use the term UcucK .

JustALEX said:

He's already on his way out...

Trump will make America great again and keep us safe from invaders...

USA! USA! USA!

lol Free urself from Jewish lobby then start talking , all crap happening to Eu has something to do with Us , and trump will make situation even worse .

Trapsoul said:
i want him too scream I WILL FUCK UP ISIS

lol and what's scream gonna change , I AM waiting for the day US nuke them but that as we see will never happen and we all know why .

May 7, 2016 5:50 PM
Feb 2014

LONDON YES

The cuckoldry has already begun.
May 7, 2016 7:01 PM

Jan 2015

GOLDING IS THE ABSOLUT MADMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111

Seriously though, you whyteys never learn.

Have fun experiencing what we brownskins in Asia had been suffering for centuries
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.