Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 1, 2008 4:45 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
so, mion and rena got killed in a different world, huh? XD
hehehe. XD
finally, onto the last episode. yay! XP
Mar 2, 2008 11:32 PM

Apr 2007
Yeah, just WHAT was that about? The most confusing series ever. Must be something to do with those bugs in blood. Hopefully season 2 will give some answers.
Mar 14, 2008 12:59 PM

Jan 2008
Maybe they did died in THIS world and the present Keichi, Rena and Mion are just those alien replacements? Who knows who knows... ^_^
Apr 16, 2008 5:56 AM

Feb 2008
Hahaha! This series is just confusing as hell. As I thought how come that there's a connection with teh first chapter since this arc is the answer for the 1st chapter. Yet, I can't find it until this very episode. So all that took place in the first 4 episodes is just in the OTHER world? Oh, how come?! Really, I want to know them!

Gonna watch the last ep now.
May 26, 2008 3:54 PM

Dec 2007
ahhhhhhhhhh i am sooo confuse
so, this rena is a "clone" the "aliens" did from the real rena that maebara killed on the firsts episodes, i am right or no?

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jul 11, 2008 5:43 AM

May 2008
^ I think you're right... o_O talk about aliens..that was sooo Haruhi. If this is true then it should be the same with Mion,ne?

But those maggots...higurashi no naku koro ni (when the cicadas cry-cicadas!!!) ,it makes sense...kinda.

Jul 15, 2008 2:01 PM

Jun 2008
WHAAA????? *replay*

I don't get it T__T

The arcs are different worlds?? And only Rika can remember them?? And that whole parasite thing was made up?? And Takano-san's crazy?? Okaaaay @_@

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 19, 2008 5:24 PM

Jun 2008
After believing everything was making perfect semi sense, THIS is thrown in. T________T; the other world event, he obviously is acting as if he wants to "re-do" time, and not make the same mistake.

The clone thing is interesting, it'll make things more confusing but it makes sense. Especially on Mio/Miyo, her little "zombie" deal. Last ep, here I come!

THENNN on to the second season, greatt e__e;
Jul 23, 2008 3:20 PM

Jul 2008
im confuse again ...... grrr cant even explain what i saw :o maybe bc im tired rofl..... anyway up to the next hoping everything reveals and the confusng is gone

Grtz lsumi o(^^)o
Born to live
Born to die
Born to be, crucified
Give our souls and take our pride
Bleeding for the harder styles
Rising up, from the seed
Born to change, history
From the streets we unleash hell
Feel the power, decibel!! d(^.^)b
Aug 9, 2008 7:18 AM
Apr 2008
wow, Keiichi was evil before Hinamizawa.... interesting.
You should always tell your friends if you shoot small children O__O

I like how they explained the different arcs within the anime, looking forward to last episode and second season :D

Aug 18, 2008 12:32 AM

Mar 2008
Man this is so messed up hahaha XD

So Keichi was bad and got a second chance by Rika with different worlds to not kill them? Am i right?
Aug 29, 2008 11:45 AM

May 2008
OMG they're pulling all the stories together. Fan-freaking-tastic.
I had already seen a couple connected, but couldn't imagine it beyond that because of events that seemed to clash with each other, like certain characters dying several times.
But this really is one big story instead of several non-related short stories.

I've heard of the term spirit world in fact I believe in it. And it fits in very well with the Shinto religion which is Shamanist. Though for this to carry out the way it was, this spirit world would almost need to include pocket dimensions. I can imagine other things, but pocket dimension or alternate dimensions closely tied through the spirit world seems the most likely possibility.

The quality of this show just went up ten points by making it all one intricately interrelated stories and not just a much of short stories that are set in the same location based around almost identical themes. I feel like I'm becoming obsessed with this anime now, so it's a good thing there are more series.

This show just gained all the respect back from me it lost when the second arc began and then some. This is genius. I can tell before seeing the last episode this show is nothing short of a nine. The very least a nine.

I want to comment on Keiichi, and how his position is different from Rena's and why he has less reason to apologize. But I've already created a wall of text. And no double posting for me either. I'll just have to wait until the next poster. Hopefully that will happen sometime in the near future.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 4, 2008 12:04 PM

Nov 2007
OK, so in the first arc Keichi gets interviewed by Oishi, gets told some 'secrets' about them by Oishi, stops trusting them and kills them all before killing himself.

In this arc, Rena gets interviewed by Oishi, gets told some 'secrets' about her friends, stops trusting them and.. well lets just say I can imagine the future holds much promise..

Seems Oishi is the bringer of mistrust...
Oct 5, 2008 12:22 PM

Jul 2008
Hmmm.. So finally some sense is being made behind all the different arcs. It seems that Rika keeps giving them all another chance in a different world because she wants them to be happy? That's how I see it at least.

Although I still don't get how Takano was walking around 24 hours after she died. Unless of course, the her from a different world somehow managed to get into this world because her being alive during the festival plays some type of important role in what is to come.

Hmmm.. Hopefully confirmation will come in the next episode.
Nov 9, 2008 1:30 PM

Aug 2008
So this was really the answer arc to the first question arc...
There really were some supernatural aspects to this anime...
So basically, mistrust and insanity, made all those people commit all those murders... But back when shion went berserk and killed all those people, the Sonozaki family were at fault for that... Or was it Shion imagining and misunderstanding things things? Argh! I hope the 2nd season helps explain things more.
DarkShines said:
But those maggots...higurashi no naku koro ni (when the cicadas cry-cicadas!!!) ,it makes sense...kinda.

Those maggots have nothing to do with the game/anime's tittle.
Keiichi said it best. In the silence after a murder, all you hear is the Cicadas' cries...
Heart_of_Storm said:
OK, so in the first arc Keichi gets interviewed by Oishi, gets told some 'secrets' about them by Oishi, stops trusting them and kills them all before killing himself.

In this arc, Rena gets interviewed by Oishi, gets told some 'secrets' about her friends, stops trusting them and.. well lets just say I can imagine the future holds much promise..

Seems Oishi is the bringer of mistrust...

Good observation and comparation!
Dec 14, 2008 3:12 AM

Jul 2008
This arc is significantly different than the previous arc, a lot of very new information introduced.
Jan 3, 2009 3:45 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
holy **** he REMEMBERED memories from the previous time loop...Could this be a time loop created to prevent something from happening in the future. If then, it all makes sense....And from what Rika said in another arc, it seems that she is the one looping time in order to change her fate and her friends' fate....And it seems Rika is really the one who remembers it all...

So the key to regain memories is somewhat linked to realizing one's own mistakes and errors.

I wonder if from now on, Keiichi will become immune to delusions. Keiichi just "leveled up"...lol....It will be great to have one more person who will fight alongside Rika to change the future.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 2, 2009 12:51 AM

Jul 2008
That is INSANE. This arc gets bonus points in my book for Keiichi remembering events from the first arc. Rika once again proves she is amazing.
Feb 18, 2009 8:51 AM

Dec 2008
I guess I took it a different direction.....don't read if you havn't finished the series.

Mar 27, 2009 5:45 PM

Jan 2008
Alright, I guess Higurashi redeemed itself IMO after all. I don't like the whole other dimensions idea - but heck, it's kinda supernatural from the very beginning, with the ogres and stuff.

Just one episode left. I really wonder if I'm gonna understand this series better, or is it going to leave my mind blown like it's blown right now.
Mar 28, 2009 10:05 PM

Oct 2007
"You should always tell your friends if you shoot small children"

^_____^
Mar 28, 2009 10:14 PM

Oct 2008
And so, just as everything made sense in the last arc, shit hits the bricks again. What's all this with Mion and Rena dying in an alternate world. It makes me think of Clannad ~AS~ (talk about total opposites). I hope the last episode at least clears something up. I mean seriously, aliens... wtf?
Apr 17, 2009 10:05 PM
Apr 2008
Wow, Rena is one fucked up bitch. The maggots in her neck and scratching them out? Brutal. I sense the death of Keiichi, as he dies at the end of almost every arc. From how things look, I'm thinking Rena's going to kill him and probably Mion? Maybe? It's just that the series is so crazy right now that almost anything can be expected in the last episode. I'm curious as to how this will end in the next episode, should be interesting.

Also, lol aliens.
Apr 22, 2009 7:28 AM

Feb 2009
I feel slightly insane watching this series.
I like anime and stuff
Jun 12, 2009 1:22 PM

Jan 2009
UGH, WTF!
I was finally getting the jist of it! And they throw in this bull with an alternate world or something. Hopefully the last episode will make more sense~
I'd like tossing your salad.-"Yuru"/MMMKD
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM MOTHERFUCKER?-SophieWophie<3
Jun 23, 2009 11:16 AM
Apr 2009
They had me until the "other world" crap. I'll watch the last episode right now then.
Aug 9, 2009 1:29 PM

Dec 2007
I guess that makes some sense. Now i get why Sakoto's uncle was not in the hole. Mino moved the body like she did in this episode.
Aug 14, 2009 4:44 PM

Aug 2007
Wow, totally unexpected to see that Keiichi did some bad things before coming to Hinamizawa, but then again, he was always a little unstable, so it makes sense.

I hope these "aliens" aren't really, you know, aliens. Sounds kinda lame, tbh.
Aug 19, 2009 7:04 AM

Jun 2009
so the first four episodes were in an alternate world, but keiichi can still remember it, interesting connection that we finally are shown
Sep 12, 2009 7:16 PM

Jul 2009
iday12 said:
so the first four episodes were in an alternate world, but keiichi can still remember it, interesting connection that we finally are shown

Reminds me of the endless eight episodes in Haruhi, but this is way more wierd.
Parasites? Clones? Aliens? Different spaces? "Mindfuck" is the first word that comes up.

Anyway off to see the last episode and hopefully get some sense out of this =P
Oct 6, 2009 9:04 AM

Sep 2009
haha, im so confused. I was also just aking sense of everything untill this episode.
Oct 31, 2009 10:55 PM
Sep 2009
....OMG. Did it click with anybody else why the ones suffering "Oyashiro-sama's Curse" clawed out their necks?
...Rena's scratching. O.O
Just my two cents.
Dec 27, 2009 2:38 PM
Mar 2008
lolol Aliens XD
Jan 3, 2010 4:35 AM

Aug 2009
AHHHH! I kinda get it now!! AHA!
<object data=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> <embed src=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>
Feb 8, 2010 12:51 PM

Aug 2008
this rena is clone or not ? wtf. and why and how keichi reminded that he killed mi-chan and rena ? and why only rika know about that.
and i've got one more question; who the hell is rika.
Feb 8, 2010 9:22 PM

Nov 2009
ScrewBall said:
....OMG. Did it click with anybody else why the ones suffering "Oyashiro-sama's Curse" clawed out their necks?
...Rena's scratching. O.O

You just point out something.......which kinda answered why photographer died and why keiichi clawed out his neck in the 1-5 arc. This anime is too confusing although this arc actually explained alot to me.

From wat i understand so far

- rika is like some deity that has the power to transcend time

- Takano is evil which it was proved but she keeps dieing which prevents me from backing it up

- This curse of the "shrine God" is not really a curse but more of a religious cult who are too obsessed(maybe wrong there but this is wat i understand)

- anybody else but me realize that the shrine gods curse only go's after 3 people the whole anime and it would seem rika needs these 3 to be sane and not killing people or she will just loop the time line again

During shinon's mis-fit, rika tried to stop her from killing keiichi, as i said it seems to surround rena , keiichi and shinon.
I think i saw a cookie monster!

No wait, its just death.
Mar 20, 2010 12:27 PM

Aug 2008
Alieens~ lmao. Good one.
Mar 31, 2010 9:08 PM

Jan 2010
I never imagined they would be able to tie up the arcs to this extend, but this is really fantastic.

On to the last episode and then season 2!
Apr 14, 2010 10:40 AM

Jan 2010
so this is about illusion creating maggots? xD

ok,i'll settle for a 9/10 i guess :-)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 23, 2010 8:48 AM

Feb 2010
aliens ? Other worlds ? WTF?
getting the feeling that even after the last episode I wont really have a clue what it is all about. But nevertheless i liked this episode very much. Takanos scrapbooks are weird though. Seem like just some random "explanations" that have nothing to do with each other.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 23, 2010 8:59 AM
Apr 2008
Another dimension. Something has to be wrong with Keiichi.
May 23, 2010 2:34 AM

Aug 2008
I wish someone would've told me that I could do drugs and watch this series at the same time. This is just insane. Now it appears like they're pulling all the threads together. Will we get to see the whole shirt?
Jun 13, 2010 5:23 PM

Jun 2009
Err Aliens? Wtf? I'm so confused.
Jun 16, 2010 3:06 PM

Aug 2009
Wtf is happening in this series?
Jul 2, 2010 12:13 PM

Dec 2009
aliens, twisted dimensions , to think i was happy with the logic outcome of the previous episode ....
Jul 8, 2010 12:30 AM

Mar 2010
What did keiichi do?He was shooting, like killing children??He is one perverted guy, if that's the thing.
Anyway one last episode to go.

Btw, has anyone noticed that in the opening, when it shows the twins in foetus position, mion ,probably, has a huge tattoo on her back.Is it the "demon" she mentioned she had on her body in the 2nd arc??
Jul 15, 2010 3:39 PM

Aug 2009
The arcs are linked together? -alternate dimensions? This is confusing
I guess in the first arc Keiichi was hallucinating - the needle is actually a marker? Oo
Aug 4, 2010 1:24 AM

Dec 2008
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT.

Keiichi did evil things, too. LOL.

I'm still friggin stuck on the doppelganger thing, and now they present this other world, connecting this arc to the first arc. So this alternate/clone person business and such kinda makes sense...?

I can't help but grin after seeing many scrapbooks and seeing all of Takano's theories - not just limited to the parasite after all! I had a feeling that was the case! ^-^

Goodness, this really does leave the final episode open for anything. I can tell I will be watching the second season for certain, because I have a sinking feeling not everything I want will be answered...

But more Higurashi sounds good to me. :3
Aug 10, 2010 12:48 AM

Apr 2009
On to the last episode! I think that they just made up those other scrapbooks to make Takano look crazy... or maybe it's just me :p

I can't think of how she can explain all the events with underground people..
Sep 12, 2010 12:23 PM
Dec 2007
akromataof said:
What did keiichi do?He was shooting, like killing children??He is one perverted guy, if that's the thing.
Anyway one last episode to go.

Btw, has anyone noticed that in the opening, when it shows the twins in foetus position, mion ,probably, has a huge tattoo on her back.Is it the "demon" she mentioned she had on her body in the 2nd arc??
Yes, that's the tatoo that marks Mion as the next head of the Sonozaki family.

Also, the shooting children thing happens after the bullying he suffered when he was younger, as shown in the third arc. It's not like you can't forgive it just because he was bullied too, but it gives him a genuine reason to snap at other kids. Since he was bullied he began attacking people weaker than him to cope with it. That's part of why the Maebara family moves to Hinamizawa (to give their son a blank slate at life) and also sort of explains why Ooishi treats Keichii with such animosity during the third arc.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.