Forum Settings
Forums

Most Overrated/Underrated Anime Discussion Thread v.5

New
Pages (85) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »
Jun 1, 2017 5:41 AM

Sep 2015
Fairy tail and One Piece just not my thing tbh but my friends dig it deep.
B O T T O M T E X T
Jun 1, 2017 5:43 AM

Feb 2016
Steins;Gate - cant seem to like it based on the high ratings they gave to it.. No hate but its boring for me..

Jun 1, 2017 5:43 AM

Jul 2016
Yuri On Ice.
All episodes are very boring and awful. There are no good things about that anime, but yeah it still has high score on mal.
Jun 1, 2017 5:52 AM

Jan 2010
@Mirai
Sorry OOT:
From what anime is your avatar and signature? XD
Jun 1, 2017 5:58 AM

Jan 2010
SAO. I don't hate it but I don't get why it's so popular. Kirito and Asuna's popularity is baffling.

Bakemonogatari. Just not my cup of tea I guess.
Jun 1, 2017 6:00 AM

Feb 2016
Shokugeki no soma. Everyone said it's a very funny anime while I found it's very cringey.
Jun 1, 2017 6:03 AM

Jul 2013
GamerUnglued said:
Illyricus said:
I respect the fact that you don't like JoJo (I'm nobody to force people to like things they hate), but the point of the series is precisely that you don't have to take it seriously. That is the charm of the show, is ridiculous, but awesome at the same time.
I get that, which is why I said it's not my thing, and I understand why people like. I just don't think it's charming or awesome though. I think it's cringey, annoying, and groan-inducing, even when not thinking about the messy plot. I just meant that I can't enjoy it either way.
Again, is okay if you don't like the series.
The thing is, you textually said JoJo is cringy and messy if you take the story seriously, implying you dislike the series because you took the thing seriously, when is not the intention of the series, and I just pointed that.
Jun 1, 2017 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
Shinsekai Yori. I thought it was super boring but it gets such high praise from everyone. The first time I've seen anyone else dislike it is this thread.

Jun 1, 2017 6:32 AM

May 2017
Howl moving castle

Many of my girl friends really like this movie and always praising it as the best ghibli movie :/
I just don't find what's so appealing from this movie, the story is not that good for me tbh..
Jun 1, 2017 6:36 AM

Jan 2017
Gintama
I love humor and really wanted to like it. But I found it bland and unfunny and just couldn't get into it.
Jun 1, 2017 6:41 AM

Oct 2016
Probably code geass or death note i was just bored af with those 2
Jun 1, 2017 6:46 AM

Mar 2017
For me would be:
- Death Note
- Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
- Your Name
- Spirited Away
- Hellsing Ultimate
- Cowboy Bebop
Jun 1, 2017 6:48 AM
Oct 2015
Gintama
both of FML
Naruto
Naruto
Naruto
Naruto
Jun 1, 2017 6:51 AM

Mar 2016
neonshock said:
Steins; Gate

Literally the whole world loved/liked it, but me. I disliked the characters, their characterization, the art, the excess of plot conveniences, how some characters were added just to stretch the show for a couple of episodes, and how the overall story potential was just so wasted.

I dropped it because I couldn't stand the characters.
Jun 1, 2017 6:52 AM
Jul 2018
The first thing that comes around my mind is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. Everyone that I know of likes it except for my end.

Not that it is a bad show but I just didn't cared for what it was offering and I felt like it was pretty lacking.
Jun 1, 2017 6:54 AM

Mar 2016
Attack on Titan, I found the storyline absolutely boring, the animation was pretty okay but got a bit dull towards the end of season 1, the music was the reason I kept watching.
If there's someone you wish to see, then you're no longer alone. ~ Natsume Takashi
Jun 1, 2017 7:02 AM

Mar 2008
I could make a list, but if i have to pick only one, i'd definitely say one punch man.
Jun 1, 2017 7:04 AM

Sep 2016
Angel Beats, it was quite boring and the comedy was a hit or miss. It was mostly a miss for me.
Jun 1, 2017 7:05 AM

Jan 2016
Toradora, people say it's the king of romance anime, but I had to drop it after about 11 episodes. My least favorite part about it was being able to call the Taiga and Ryugi end up together ending from episode 3. That, and tsundere's and loli's aren't my thing, and they literally combined the two to create Taiga. Sorry everyone, I gave this show an honest try.
Jun 1, 2017 7:08 AM
Apr 2013
Noragami season 1 and 2. The characters sucked and the "plot" didn't do a good job at keeping me interested. Why did they focus on one character for a whole season and then rarely include him in season 2? Whoever was in charge of the anime adaptation was high.
Jun 1, 2017 7:21 AM

Jul 2014
In decreasing order of quality:

-Madoka Magica
-The Devil Is a Part-Timer
-Toradora (not horrible, but very generic, nothing stands out in any way)
-Neon Genesis Evangelion (second half)
-Haruhi Suzumiya
-Girls und Panzer (the tank battles are cool, but I don't care about them because I don't care about the story)
-Nichijou (Step 1: something random happens, step 2: the characters scream for 2-3 minutes)
-Squid Girl
-Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun (same five jokes over and over)
-FLCL
-Monogatari (not that bad in itself, it's just the pacing which makes everything take twice as long as it should and become boring)
-Sora no Woto
-Sabagebu
-KonoSuba (a couple of funny jokes, but mostly it's just repetitive character traits and unfunny sex "humor" I could find in any other anime, season 2 was a vast improvement though)
-Nisekoi
-Elfen Lied
-Plastic Nee-san
-K-On
-Dance in the Vampire Bund
-Lucky Star
-Panty & Stocking
-No Game No Life (probably the one show in this list that has no redeeming qualities)
D-ohnutsJun 1, 2017 7:28 AM
Jun 1, 2017 7:25 AM

Jan 2014
Well this is super easy.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Why people praise this shit like it's some godsend i will never understand.
The forced drama and romance was super shit plus the biggest ass pull later on that created more forced drama xD. It was so fucking ridiculous.
But Yoko's ignorance and immaturity fucking made it that much worse.
I don't think there's a character i actually like in the anime. I hate Yoko, hearing Kamina's name 150 times per episode for 8 episodes straight made the character incredibly boring and every time i heard his name i wanted to gouge my eyes out. And i'm neutral when it comes to Simon i hate him but i also like some things so it cancels each other out.

AstZeroJun 1, 2017 7:29 AM
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Jun 1, 2017 7:25 AM

Mar 2016
has to be Jojo. it was boring asf and pretty much all of the characters were annoying the shit out of me '-'.
Jun 1, 2017 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
Umm... I have got three:

- Neon Genesis Eva (see my myanimelist for reason)

- Kokoro connected (it was beyond fiction story telling anime and thought how's this possiibllee???)

- Cowboy Bebop

There might be other, but rating above 8 esp in critical website like Mal means these anime loved by many or millions.
Jun 1, 2017 7:35 AM

Dec 2016
For me it's Clannad: after story I just hated every second of it
Jun 1, 2017 7:43 AM

Apr 2015
Everyone still acts like FLCL is this amazing hallmark of 'Growth out of youth and into adulthood' while still not seeing it as anything more then a mess of abandoned plots, half-baked characters, and Over-the-top in-you-face shenanigans that amount to nothing.

While I didn't hate it, Tatami Galaxy is far from the classic that everyone rants about it being. If it didn't have a unique and memorable artstyle, it would have been lost to the annals of time as an average SOL with a silly twist in the final two episodes.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Jun 1, 2017 7:48 AM

May 2015
faqib25 said:
For me. It will be One Piece. Still don't understand why it gets this long. Like Gintama or Naruto or DB is finished already. I can't even stand the art anyway
What's not to understand about its length? It's a long story lol and technically, none of those anime you listed are finished either. As for it's art style, fair enough if you don't like it but I personally don't think that's a legitimate reason to dislike the show as a whole. Have you even seen an episode/read a chapter? According to your lists you haven't. Talk about judging a book by the cover...

There is no anime that only I dislike as I'm not that special a snowflake, OP. I don't really dislike any high rated anime on this site but just for the sake of giving an answer, I'll say Gintama. I still think it's kinda funny but for the percentage of 10's it gets as an anime on this site, I'm just not feeling the same buzz. Then again, I've only seen 17 odd episodes...
Jun 1, 2017 7:50 AM

Jun 2016
Angel beats!, Kimi no Na wa, One punch man, Suzumiya Haruhi, Re:Zero, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Jun 1, 2017 8:05 AM

Sep 2014
SAO, used to think it was great. Now I know how many flaws it has. People still think its the "best anime ever."
Jun 1, 2017 8:08 AM

Sep 2016
Rinri_ said:
SAO, used to think it was great. Now I know how many flaws it has. People still think its the "best anime ever."

Many people probably think that because they are new to anime and just started watching so dont have anything better to base it off.
Jun 1, 2017 8:15 AM

Mar 2016
Kimi no Na Wa : drinking saliva to go back in time , forced romance , no explanation why they switched bodies and also the 2 characters are as bland as bland can get , it likes watching 2 puppets

Also I think I saw this kind of thread before
Jun 1, 2017 8:16 AM

Sep 2014
damianea103 said:
Rinri_ said:

Many people probably think that because they are new to anime and just started watching so dont have anything better to base it off.

^^^^
Exactly, I was the same case before I watched other shows that had a higher quality. I suppose I should say I get annoyed by people who refuse to say that there's nothing wrong with the anime despite being more exposed to other better animes. There is nothing wrong with simply liking it, but its annoying for people to not recognize flaws.
Jun 1, 2017 8:33 AM

Jul 2016
Nagi no Asukara (great art, terrible storyline, annoying characters)
Youjo Senki (boring af)
Steins;Gate (it's good, but not as perfect as everyone says)
Jun 1, 2017 8:39 AM

Aug 2016
Going with the highest differentials between my score and MAL score

Howl's Moving Castle
AnoHana
Ouran Host Club
Jun 1, 2017 8:43 AM
Jul 2018
Death Note, because everyone is dislikeable and the second arc was too long.
Toradora, I dropped it, because the girl is an annoying brat.
Kill la Kill... is on drugs.
Mirai Nikki, Yandere is annoying, too edgy.
Madoka, because I don't like magical girls and the girls look like they are eight years old.
Dragonball, don't like the art style, boring.
One Piece, too long, don't like the style.
Youjo Senki, just not my taste.
Jun 1, 2017 8:53 AM

Apr 2011
Everyone talks about how amazing and sad Hotaru no Haka (Grave of the Fireflies) is, but when I watched it, I could not fathom just why I was supposed to be sad. Oh,

I could say the same for Madoka. Truly, I honestly do not understand what exactly people love so much about this. Maybe there's something in the ~5 episodes I've yet to watch, I don't know. All I know is with most other greatly loved anime, I at least understand why people like it so much. This (and the aforementioned Hotaru no Haka), not one bit.

5cm/s is yet another one that gets the kind of love that I couldn't understand. Sad love story? What love story? The "story" was shit and so were the "characters". More often than not, I found myself screaming (internally, of course) at the characters to get out of the way, so I could focus on the only reason why anyone should hold the bloody movie in high regard - the visuals.
Jun 1, 2017 9:06 AM

Feb 2014
re zero is the only one that comes to mind atm it was boring af literally forced myself to marathon it to see what the hype was about
rem was cute tho
Jun 1, 2017 9:08 AM

May 2016
No Game No Life. I really don't get it, guys--it fucking sucks. It's hideous to look at, the characters are annoying and gross, and the game set-pieces are kinda boring.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 1, 2017 9:16 AM

Jan 2015
Shokugeki no Souma. I don't even...
Jun 1, 2017 9:38 AM

Oct 2014
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon

I'm a big fan of Slice of Life and I love a lot of the stuff KyoAni makes but this on just didn't click for me, I couldn't care about the characters, I didn't like the comedy and I didn't find any of the cute moments actually cute.
Jun 1, 2017 9:41 AM

May 2014
Everyone seems to love Clannad for some reason but it bored me to death.
Jun 1, 2017 9:52 AM

Dec 2015
Konosuba - Not even slightly funny, characters are annoying.
Boku no Hero Acadamia - Painfully average, garbage when compared to western superhero animations.
Jun 1, 2017 9:58 AM

Aug 2016
Kuragehime
FLCL
Toradora
Soul Eater
Jun 1, 2017 10:09 AM

Feb 2015
One Piece. Find this the worst of the big shounen titles, yet it's the most popular one.
Death Note. Boring.
Fate/Zero. Everyone always praises it for its action scenes, but there was so much boring talk and doing nothing between fights that it left me unimpressed. At least the art was nice, I guess.
Legend of the Galactic Heroes. One of the worst classics I've ever seen. How did this ever get such high rating?
Hellsing Ultimate. The original anime was way better.
Kill la Kill. Man, I loved TTGL, but this was nothing compared to it.
Overlord. Boring.
Darker than Black. One of the worst protagonists ever.
Boku no Hero Academia. So painfully mediocre.
Jun 1, 2017 10:11 AM

Jul 2015
Me be like "Am I the only one who-" out of 7 billion people.
Mine would be :
1.Danmachi (Power up MC boi)
2.SAO (this choice is already out of the world)

Instead of those 2, Konosuba is my other choice. The comedy is getting dull as time being. Thou I kinda enjoyed both season
Jun 1, 2017 10:14 AM
Mar 2015
I'll name you five:

-No Game no Life, it was fine but when I hear it was top anime of 2014 ahead of Jojo Stardust Crusaders or Barakamon then I can't agree.
- Serial Experiment Lain, ok maybe the concept was avant-garde or thoughtful but to me it failed big time at entertaining me. Maybe 3deep5me.
- Ping Pong, people loooove ping pong, I respect it for asking some meaningful questions about talent, training and victory... but again I didn't enjoy it that much.
- Youjou Senki was a chore to me seriously what were people seeing that I didn't see in that anime???
- Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, cool but not that great, I'll be honest I was bored during some of the episodes.
Jun 1, 2017 10:17 AM
May 2017
Your Lie In April, I'm not gonna lie it had fantastic music, but the characters were goddamn annoying and it was predictable as hell seriously by episode 6 I knew how it was going to end so really it was just one painful journey for me
Jun 1, 2017 10:19 AM

Jun 2016
Oh boy here we go:
Your Lie in April
Tatami Galaxy
Cowboy Bebop
Anohana
Gankutsuou
Log Horizon
Seven Deadly Sins (The shounen one not the ecchi crap airing now)
FLCL
Eden of the East
Zankyou No Terror
Jun 1, 2017 10:19 AM

Apr 2017
i'm not really that sure but maybe angel beats?

still life: pink roses
Jun 1, 2017 10:27 AM

Oct 2014
I find some people desliking pretty much every series i really deslike
sure some like fate or oregairu have a way larger fanbase defending the show from criticism but even with those i easily point other detractors of the series quality
Pages (85) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

39 by deg »»
3 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 minutes ago

1 by Spunkert »»
3 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

228 by KeyiOs »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 17 minutes ago

2 by deg »»
5 minutes ago

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 47 minutes ago

3 by NubFix »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.