Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 23, 2016 3:16 AM

Mar 2015
there are many trope that comunity think it is alredy abused that make many people called them cliche, but is there any abused trope that yourself actually thinking "i think it's reasonable, i don't mind about it."?
for me:

> good guy danse harem MC

usually, danse protag ended have much better personality than let's said outside of it and piss me off many time and make me wonder why they fall for them in the first place. let's said pervert or asshole harem MC.

> missing parent protag

seriously, usually soo many people protest about this, but in recent chapter of BnHA

seriously it's make me like what? what's wrong with a parents care about his son when they are on danger? it's realistic. those rant really make me shake my head. it's already happened with world trigger, but WT don't really have big fanbase on forum so it's not really make big fuss. and the mother doesn't really show it directly. after though about it, i think missing parent is become pretty understable.

do you also have things like this?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 23, 2016 3:18 AM

Mar 2014
That one male friend that just exists for the sake of yaoi bait
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 23, 2016 3:24 AM

Jul 2014
most bishounen tropes.
bishounen are a blessing to this world, appreciate them
Apr 23, 2016 3:28 AM

Mar 2015
Comic_Sans said:
you mean tomoda right? i like them too..

KumaApr 23, 2016 3:31 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 23, 2016 4:37 AM

Dec 2014
Comic_Sans said:
Because we all know every animanga needs this character ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 23, 2016 5:01 AM

Mar 2014
Semem said:
Comic_Sans said:
Because we all know every animanga needs this character ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yeah fam, I totally agree

VIVE LES HOMOS
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 23, 2016 5:09 AM

Feb 2010
Lolis, every sports anime and battle shounen trope, and probably tons of others
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 23, 2016 5:12 AM

Apr 2013
The mc that lives for revenge. Give him/her a reasonable excuse for it and it's at least entertaining.
geraltApr 23, 2016 5:15 AM
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Apr 23, 2016 5:13 AM

May 2008
Some character types I'm totally cool with that I don't even mind if they're cliche, like kuuderes. Snotty rich boys are also neat.

But in a non-character sense, I don't care too much about predictable plots, especially when it comes to simpler series like sports anime or comedies.
Apr 23, 2016 5:14 AM

Nov 2015
I'm actually okay with most, even the dreaded tsundere one if it's not too exaggerated. And like the user above me said, for non-character tropes, I don't care one bit.
Apr 23, 2016 9:28 AM

Feb 2013
i like variations of the 4 high school girls slice of life
Apr 23, 2016 9:30 AM
Jun 2015
Most of them, hell, I like some of them.
Apr 23, 2016 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
Every anti-moe trope in cgdct format. My avatar says more than words.
Apr 23, 2016 9:38 AM

Dec 2015
Where did u find a good dense mc lol?

As long as its not crazy ass tsundere or boring dense mc im fine with most tropes :3
Apr 23, 2016 11:06 AM

Sep 2015
I'm either fine with or neutral on most tropes; a lot of them boil down to the execution.

But for the tropes that I don't like, there's not really any way I can see them playing out that I'd enjoy. For example, the "character is going to miss the deadline for X but they show up at the last 0.231414 milliseconds." It's boring and incredibly predictable. I never enjoy that.
Even for tropes that I tend to dislike - such as violent and abusive tsundere - there's usually at least one exception.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Apr 23, 2016 12:26 PM

Dec 2012
Most of them, because I am myself, and don't have to agree with others.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Apr 23, 2016 1:13 PM

Nov 2011
-Maz said:
I'm either fine with or neutral on most tropes; a lot of them boil down to the execution.

But for the tropes that I don't like, there's not really any way I can see them playing out that I'd enjoy. For example, the "character is going to miss the deadline for X but they show up at the last 0.231414 milliseconds." It's boring and incredibly predictable. I never enjoy that.
Even for tropes that I tend to dislike - such as violent and abusive tsundere - there's usually at least one exception.

Do you have an exception for your dislike of barely-reached deadlines?
Apr 23, 2016 1:33 PM

Sep 2015
TripleSRank said:
-Maz said:

Do you have an exception for your dislike of barely-reached deadlines?

Hmm. After thinking about it, I'm not sure whether to consider Saitama from One Punch Man showing up late to the fight and finishing enemies as an example of "barely reached deadlines".

I'm leaning more on the "no" side though. It's similar but still different. So I guess no, there are as of yet no exceptions I've came across where I've actually enjoyed that trope playing out. When the point of the trope is to cause tension - will the MC make it in time, will the MC be too late - it doesn't really work because it's obvious that they will make it. Take the last episode of Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry where Ikki nearly forfeits his match because he was going to be late. The entire first half of that episode was centred on whether or not he would make it. It was a waste of 10 minutes because he was clearly never going to miss that fight.
It just bores me, personally.

The One Punch Man example is the closest one I can think of, but it's still fundamentally different. So I'm hesitant to call that an exception.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Apr 23, 2016 2:06 PM

Jun 2015
Lesbian undertones are always a-okay in my book, as long as it never feels too artificial.
Apr 23, 2016 2:20 PM
Oct 2014
I actually like most of the harem tropes. Originality is fine, but when a harem anime simply presents the same character personalities I've seen in a dozen other shows, the familiarity doesn't annoy me; it just feels comfortable. I'm perfectly fine when:

-A girl pretends to dislike the MC but secretly likes him.
-The MC accidentally does a face plant into a girl's panties.
-Girls say outrageous things in an emotionless monotone voice.
-Girls fondle each other's breasts.
-The MC is a good guy but everyone thinks he's a pervert.
-The perverted rival tries to steal the girls away from the MC but nobody takes him seriously.
-A girl shows up claiming to be engaged to the hero.
-A girl doesn't understand the social taboo of nudity and frequently takes her clothes off in front of the MC.
Apr 23, 2016 10:32 PM

Mar 2015
Robiiii said:
Where did u find a good dense mc lol?

As long as its not crazy ass tsundere or boring dense mc im fine with most tropes :3
raku is actually good (i mean as character) protag, but the story and the girl suck soo hard. most of danse MC is like that. the character is okay, the environment around it is the one that mostly suck.
Apr 23, 2016 10:46 PM

Nov 2014
I like the tragic past tropes. I need that little sprinkle of edge in the characters that I like.
Apr 23, 2016 10:52 PM

Apr 2014
The blindspot blowjob.
It's when the MC gettin a blowjob in a public place but people didn't realize because the one giving it is on a blindspot.

The one doing the NTR is Gamagoori.
It's when the one doing the NTR is always bigger than the one that got NTR-ed.
Apr 23, 2016 11:01 PM

Mar 2015
Tsundere characters.There have been a lot of complaints about tsundere characters, but I personally think tsundere = cute.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doing this for you.
This salad is salty favored
Apr 24, 2016 3:14 AM

Jul 2015
->I don't have a problem with dense mc
->Danderes/kuuderes
->tragic past
Apr 24, 2016 6:13 AM

Jul 2013
Since my previous post was deleted (because I only lited, I guess), I give my reasons now:

-Badass in suits: Because kicking the ass of your enemy in a suit makes you 10000 times more cool.
-Nice guy main character: Edgy protagonists are okay in my book, but I don't mind nice human beings too.
-Derederes: Sweet, lively, not meanie girls are the best. I also don't mind kuuderes and danderes.
-Yangires: Because I love when a girl go nuts for other reason than love.
-MC friend in harems and bros in general: They usually are likeable and cool.
-Assholish, crazy or mangnificent bastards villains: Because their antics tend to be really funny, amusing or entertaining to see. If one villain fits all the criterias at once, better (like Hazama from Blazblue).
Apr 24, 2016 6:18 AM

May 2013
The main character obsessed with nakama power!
I have this shounen heart.

Apr 24, 2016 10:05 AM

Apr 2013
The transfer student that turns up halfway through or start of a school year, used literally all the time but sometimes adds a decent bit of fun/mystery or whatever
Apr 24, 2016 10:11 AM

Mar 2014
Hot bishonen villains and the overly muscular comic relief character.
Apr 24, 2016 10:14 AM

Mar 2016
A trope in ''ok'' with?

Every main character sitting on the windown.

Apr 24, 2016 10:23 AM

Dec 2015
That MC friends that is 1000x times better that the MC but nobody cares and everybody treats him like a pain in the ass. Like Shu over Ichijou in Nisekoi

One that i really really REALLY hate is the typical bad guy overpowered that acts like a superior being but being sadistic and doing strange faces and saying sexual things every time that kills someone, man, they are annoying AS FUCK.

I like villain characters but with a respectable attitude, those who have an aura of mystery and respect surround them, not those who says "I LOVE YOU DESESPERATION FACE" while masturbating and turning Yandere.
Apr 24, 2016 10:59 AM
Dec 2015
Boys with bad attitudes, flamboyant men, sharp-tongued girls, obligatory imoutos, perverted nee-san, overly erotic characters, would be traps, upskirts, oops I accidently walked in on you in the bath, and cute girls doing cute things.

And idols. Never stop the magic that is music for the kokoro~♡
Apr 24, 2016 11:01 AM

Jul 2010
I'm ok with any "abused trope" that is well done.
Apr 24, 2016 11:03 AM

Jul 2012
When the main character remembers words people say in their heads that died then says that persons name out loud.
Apr 25, 2016 12:46 AM

Nov 2015
Yuri undertones.
I don't mind them
Apr 25, 2016 4:27 AM

Jan 2016
I'm really okay with the "This anime started out really cute & nice, and suddenly things started to go downhill from there".
(Downhill in an evil way, not a "this anime sucks" way) xD

Apr 25, 2016 5:34 AM

Jul 2015
Delinquent characters are the bomb .com
Also, that one main character that ends up dying and influencing the other mcs for the rest of the show
Apr 25, 2016 9:01 AM

Jan 2012
I'm generally fine with most character tropes as long as the characters are well designed. Yandere when it's not Yuno from Future Diaries.
Apr 25, 2016 9:28 AM

Sep 2013
That little glasses flash thing. Hell, any glasses trope (characters with glasses are automatically smart and/or cold), I'm okay with.
Apr 25, 2016 11:23 AM

May 2015
Manic pixie dream girls and genkis. They're so cute and energetic that you can't hate them for long even if they are a trope on two legs.
Apr 25, 2016 1:12 PM

Nov 2008
Tsudere winning (guys and girls both)
The good-hearted shoujo heroine paired with the bad boy
Love conquers all

:D

Apr 25, 2016 2:58 PM

Jul 2013
ToyPoodle said:
That one emo character that hates everything and everyone but eventually warms up and turns out to be the sweetest person ever
Basically a tsundere suffering a heel-face turn (in not trope language: going to evil to good)?
Apr 25, 2016 3:08 PM

Nov 2015
I kind of like most tropes? Like I'm really into the anime subculture references and I like to see that familiarity in series that I watch. I'm also okay with totally fresh series that avoid tropes, but mostly I think I just don't pay attention to things like that.
Apr 25, 2016 3:19 PM

Apr 2016
I've always had a massive love of massively over powered characters.
Apr 25, 2016 6:31 PM

Nov 2008
ToyPoodle said:
That one emo character that hates everything and everyone but eventually warms up and turns out to be the sweetest person ever

FFFFFFF yes, I love those. XD those are great.

Apr 25, 2016 8:41 PM

Aug 2013
"Wolf in sheep clothing" kind of guy in shoujo series. Well, the kind of guy who's nice outside but extremely brutal towards the heroine. I just can't hate this guy. Even more so when the heroine is the meek/innocent type that won't change anything by being paired with similarly nice/innocent guy. Takumi in Kaichou wa Maid sama is the perfect example of this.
Apr 25, 2016 8:47 PM

Jul 2015
pretty much any scene that takes place in or around a bath house/tub
Apr 25, 2016 11:30 PM

Jan 2016
I'm okay with recurring tropes in general. It's how its used... that's where I focus.

Though, the bland and dense MC grates on my nerve though.
Apr 25, 2016 11:41 PM

Mar 2012
I see a lot of people complain about crazy lesbian girls but I honestly don't mind them.

Also shy girls to a certain extent (I love Hanayo from Love Live and Ayane from Persona 4), egomaniacs (Karamatsu from Osomatsu, Nico from Love Live), tough guys with a heart of gold and that one character who's always an unyielding beacon of positivity.

Plus kuuderes are cool (S-See what I did there?)
SeibaaHomuApr 25, 2016 11:45 PM
Apr 26, 2016 2:59 AM

Mar 2015
oh yeah, i also add beach and festival episode. i mean, why soo many prople protest about it? it's their culture FFS....
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 6 hours ago

24 by Ricchan__ »»
11 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 2 hours ago

11 by Horizon248 »»
12 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

59 by Daviljoe193 »»
17 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Apr 23

67 by Gator »»
18 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - Yesterday

48 by alshu »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.