Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 21, 2016 6:17 PM

Apr 2016
FragOutFire said:
can someone please give me a legitimate reason why this mc wont just go out with ako? like something that isn't an asspull or completely inhuman? is he just the most turbo-est of cowards and he can't get close to a girl? she's throwing herself at him so much it's ridiculous
I'm not sure what an "asspull" is so I apologize if this ends up becoming one, but the reasons are too many so I'll just list a few:

1. The anime skipped this, but Rusian told Ako in the light novel (during one of the times in Level(=book) 1, when they're walking together after school) that, if not for the fact that he still hasn't completely gotten over his trauma from the Nekohime incident, he probably would've given up and started dating her already.
  2. They've known each other for more than 2 years online, but only a week or so in real life. It's usually wise to spend a significant amount of time (i.e. more than a week) to get to know someone before deciding whether or not you want to date him/her.
  3. Hideki(=Rusian) has clearly stated that he likes both the real Ako and the game Ako, but Ako has only ever said that she likes Rusian. (I could go into detail about this, but it would become a spoiler as Level 3 and Level 6 of the novels touch on this a lot.)
  4. This is Japan, where kissing in public is a big no-no and (depending on the school) a student can get in trouble for holding hands with his/her boy-/girlfriend when walking down a hallway in school. Ako's displays of affection are already a little over the top, and they can cause problems if they escalate.
  5. And, most importantly, Hideki actually cares about Ako. As in, this
    FragOutFire said:
    D-damnit just fuck already! Damnit!
    isn't going to happen because he sees her as more than just a convenient hole for him to insert his penis into.

EDIT: I typed Level 2 instead of Level 3 on accident; sorry.
Nanashiki_NozomuApr 22, 2016 9:10 AM
Apr 21, 2016 6:23 PM

Jan 2016
I really like this episode.

I had some brief NTR depression setting in then realized this isn't that type of anime and started to put 2 and 2 together to figure out ako was meeting a girl.

I didn't know Sensei was the loli in the game that was a pleasant surprise.

This turning into my favorite show slowly but sure. Definitely top 3.

I wonder if Sensei is going to join their guild or if shes just going to be an IRL character only now.

Still like the Rusian/Ako ship, I know shwein is fan favorite but I prefer ako, her VA(even though I know practically zero Japanese) is pretty cute sounding-matches the character perfectly. I am sure if I was fluent in Japanese it would make even more sense.
Apr 21, 2016 6:26 PM

Jan 2016

alright

1. from 2 years ago? over an online relationship that lasted who knows how long? a week? a month? even if it's a year, like no, get over it.
2. that's actually really cowardly tbh but okay, maybe we have yet another coward MC
3. ah okay that's actually a good reason, she's not all there, so it makes sense that he's not jumping on that because she's off her rocker
4. that doesn't stop them from dating, just showing public affection
5. also cowardly. that "just fuck already" was made in jest. also you don't hold off from dating someone because "you care about them." i guess unless you're a hyper coward MC

probably i'm looking too hard into this since it was written by someone to appeal to lonely japanese boys
FragOutFireApr 21, 2016 6:52 PM
Apr 21, 2016 6:59 PM

Apr 2016
FragOutFire said:
  1. Trauma is called trauma because it's not something you just "get over" because you want to, or because someone tells you to. Trauma is something that, even if you know it doesn't make sense, takes a lot of time and effort to get over (although on this I can only speak from personal experience). If it was that easy for Hideki to get over it completely, then he would be "inhuman," as you put it.
  2. You can call it cowardly if you want, but there's a thin line between courage and stupidity. Unless you met at some matchmaker party, the notion of dating someone within a week of meeting her feels really weird to me. Might just be a cultural difference.
  3. There's more to it, but, again, if I went into detail it would turn into a spoiler.
  4. No, no, you miss the point: Ako is already over-the-top with her displays of affection; there are potential social repercussions if their relationship progresses and her displays of affection escalate.
  5. Think about it in context: Ako has only known Hideki for a week or so in real life, and she's clearly dealing with some problems. There could be social repercussions for both of them if their relationship progresses, and Hideki has some problems of his own. Would it really be in Ako's best interests to date Hideki, who she has never mentioned liking (again, she's only said that she likes Rusian)? Even though she's really fragile and any of the problems that could arise from their relationship has a chance of breaking her?
  6. The anime has just gotten through Level 1 of the light novels. Character (and relationship) development has only just started. Have patience, my friend.
Apr 21, 2016 7:15 PM
Oct 2012
the one he proposed to was a teacher..... i did not see that coming....
Apr 21, 2016 7:31 PM

Jun 2013
Another adorable cute episode...... Yandere mode.... ACTIVATED
Apr 21, 2016 8:04 PM

Mar 2016
Well sometimes ...you meet ppl ING that can your world aswell destroy it...This anime has the gamer tabú...meet a nice girl in game and became girlfriend or boyfriend IRL...BUT COME ON ..WE KNOW THAT NYAN GRILLS ARE FAT GUYS :'V
Apr 21, 2016 8:15 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
dankzel said:

Oh momma... What I would give for Sensei to give me a "beating" like that ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Saitou-sensei aka Nekohime doing a vintage JBL move. She's cute as well.

I'm a bit like Ako when it comes to items in games. I have a pute melee based character in Xenoverse and I have my character wearing clothes that drop his basic melee attack because they look cool.

The meet up scene, Ako ain't playing games. I wonder if she'll really bring a weapon if her yandere side gets out of control. Overall I'm going to like the whole Saitou/Ako stuff, funny if Nekohime tries to act all lovey dovey in game and Ako tries to mess with Nekohime's computer lol

Apr 21, 2016 8:29 PM

Sep 2014
I' really like to pick a few of dumb-harem-comedy-dogshit animes per season because they relax me, it's my guilty pleasure I guess, but this one is just too retarded. Dropped.
Apr 21, 2016 8:55 PM

Apr 2014
Damn, when Ako reached into her purse like that I was kind of hoping some School Days shenanigans would happen lol. Fairly enjoying this anime overall. Glad I picked it up.

Also, @LuiSenpai , I was wondering why I already saw a post of mine in this thread, but you were just using my exact same avatar that I edited and had on for almost a year now lmfao. But I'll take it as a compliment ~
ProtakuApr 21, 2016 9:04 PM
Apr 21, 2016 9:10 PM

Jan 2014
Saito-sensei being Nekohime was unexpected for me ._.
Apr 21, 2016 9:25 PM

Nov 2012
Less humor on this one. That's what I liked from the first two, pity.

Sensei's way of dealing Ako was funny, though.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Apr 21, 2016 10:45 PM

Dec 2012
I knew it!!
Saito-sense is Nekohime

Apr 22, 2016 12:02 AM

Jul 2007
Nanashiki_Nozomu said:
FragOutFire said:
  1. Trauma is called trauma because it's not something you just "get over" because you want to, or because someone tells you to. Trauma is something that, even if you know it doesn't make sense, takes a lot of time and effort to get over (although on this I can only speak from personal experience). If it was that easy for Hideki to get over it completely, then he would be "inhuman," as you put it.
  2. You can call it cowardly if you want, but there's a thin line between courage and stupidity. Unless you met at some matchmaker party, the notion of dating someone within a week of meeting her feels really weird to me. Might just be a cultural difference.
  3. There's more to it, but, again, if I went into detail it would turn into a spoiler.
  4. No, no, you miss the point: Ako is already over-the-top with her displays of affection; there are potential social repercussions if their relationship progresses and her displays of affection escalate.
  5. Think about it in context: Ako has only known Hideki for a week or so in real life, and she's clearly dealing with some problems. There could be social repercussions for both of them if their relationship progresses, and Hideki has some problems of his own. Would it really be in Ako's best interests to date Hideki, who she has never mentioned liking (again, she's only said that she likes Rusian)? Even though she's really fragile and any of the problems that could arise from their relationship has a chance of breaking her?
  6. The anime has just gotten through Level 1 of the light novels. Character (and relationship) development has only just started. Have patience, my friend.

Not to mention that the MC and those around him are quite aware(and are getting more aware) of Ako's yandere tendencies. THe last thing one would want to do is encourage her delusion - for all they know next time she might come at someone with an actual knife instead of a wand(not that a wand prop coul not be used to injure or bludgeon someone to death)
Apr 22, 2016 12:47 AM

Aug 2012
A woman crossplaying as a guy roleplaying as a girl = Mindblown

Ako is innocent, but can be scary at times like a true yandere. I thought she brought a knife with her, turned out it's just her magical wand XDD

How I really wish when I was in highschool, there's a club like that (╥﹏╥)
Apr 22, 2016 1:00 AM

Feb 2016
Master best girl <3
Apr 22, 2016 1:48 AM

Oct 2014
only so much stupidity/bad dialogue I can take 5/10
Apr 22, 2016 3:38 AM

Oct 2014
Oh this is done quickly?
Hmm... I wonder what will be the content for episode 9-12
Apr 22, 2016 3:51 AM

May 2010
mfw when Nekohime is better than the female lead aka Ako. Pls, the flame robe is 5x better. She got no sense and is stupid. And she's your stereotypical jealous annoying wife. I'm glad Rusian doesn't let her control him, and actually speaks up. If not I'd have dropped this.
Shwein is such a best girl, idek how she's not favorited much. And the president is fun, too.

... And I give up. I don't give a damn about Ako. Why does everyone like her anyway? Overly cutesy voice, overly cutesy face, overly conscious about appearance, stupid, annoying, clingy, yandere tendencies, jealous, presumptuous... this is her. Isn't MAL supposed to hate this kinda characters? But nope, she's a waifu so it's life. Much taste such tasty. I'm disappointed.
TragicRomanceApr 22, 2016 3:56 AM
Apr 22, 2016 5:01 AM

Oct 2015
I shoudl have known the teacher was the Catgirl.
WTF though, it made me laugh for a couple minutes!
And Ako's going yandere again it seems.
I think I missed something because they showed her pulling out a knife but then all of a sudden she has the staff from the game. Confused a bit.
Sensei seemed pleased by the thrat request.

Enjoying it all so far although I'm not sure where the plot is going in this one.
Apr 22, 2016 5:23 AM

Mar 2015
Hhmmm that development with Rusian chasing after Ako realizing he likes her in real life was great! I only felt a little bit dissapointed when the teacher was revealed to be the crossdresser. I thought this was actually serious. I hope there's more drama in the future and we get a good ending with the two main characters together.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Apr 22, 2016 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
I was getting pretty PO'ed with Hideki because of his flat-out refusal to go help Ako, but it worked out in the end. Plus, that scene with Saito-sensei nulled the whole "games are entirely different from reality hurr durr!"

We're only 3 episodes in. I think it would make sense that Hideki would be hesitant to dive into a relationship with Ako, but it does get annoying sometimes when she's blatantly throwing herself on him.

I think this show definitely has some good content coming up. It's nice that there's something going on outside of Ako's school life that prevents her from going to school regularly. I'm looking forward to the part where they address that.
Apr 22, 2016 7:13 AM

Jan 2016
cyrograde said:
I was getting pretty PO'ed with Hideki because of his flat-out refusal to go help Ako, but it worked out in the end.

Same here, that type of Dense-MC can become annoying. Hopefully that trends away here in a few episodes

cyrograde said:
We're only 3 episodes in. I think it would make sense that Hideki would be hesitant to dive into a relationship with Ako, but it does get annoying sometimes when she's blatantly throwing herself on him.

I think your on to something with only the 3 episodes we have seen. Sometime down the line it will come together better(well hopefully it does). Like 5-6? Maybe, kinda want to read the light novel now.

cyrograde said:
I think this show definitely has some good content coming up. It's nice that there's something going on outside of Ako's school life that prevents her from going to school regularly. I'm looking forward to the part where they address that

I had forgot about that, I wonder what's up there. Going to be an interesting ep4.
Apr 22, 2016 9:37 AM
Aug 2014
I think I'll drop this anime. Pussy main character, harem settings yet somehow not harem, unfunny jokes and slow to no progress.
Apr 22, 2016 10:57 AM

Jun 2013
so sensei joins them now
Apr 22, 2016 11:42 AM
Mar 2016
Oh, so Nekohime is the teacher and now a milf gets added.
Apr 22, 2016 2:22 PM

Feb 2008
Haha, Rusian's shock was extremely entertaining, as Nekohime's identity was revealed. Perhaps what happened next was even more enjoyable...
Apr 22, 2016 6:01 PM

Mar 2011
Dropped. This is so boring... And these annoying characters, lame jokes... It's definitely not for me. 1/5.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Apr 22, 2016 7:59 PM
Jul 2018
Did guess correctly that the teacher was the Neko girl. Despite her saying she didn't I thought Ako looked pretty good in those fire resistant robes.

Looking forward to more!
Apr 22, 2016 8:18 PM

Jan 2013
So that guy was actually a girl, and that "girl" is his teacher xD Ok ahaha

Yautja said:
It's interesting how the show contrasts such serious issues with comedy at times. I like this little tid bits of serious at times.

That's why this anime is great.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 22, 2016 8:33 PM

Nov 2012
That cheap drama killed it for me.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Apr 22, 2016 9:23 PM

Feb 2013
Ako being utterly annoying for the 3rd week. 4/10, but the endings for every episode keeps on making me want to watch more.
Apr 22, 2016 10:23 PM

Nov 2012
I died laughing when Ako pulled out that cosplay wand to attack the teacher, i like this anime!
Apr 22, 2016 10:40 PM

Aug 2013
Was kind of disappointed in the adaptation of the Saito-sensei reveal though.
I don't know exactly how it goes in the LN, but in the manga, Ako whips out a box cutter and goes to attack Saito-sensei...though it turns out just to be a rubber toy and then she gets scolded on it. Lucian also makes some joke about her being a perverted lesbian teacher pretending to be an old man. Then the club talks with the teacher in a little café/restaurant and then club prez blackmails her into being the advisor. Plus they also hold it over her head by making cat noise jokes all the time.

4/5. Was still funny, but wasn't impressed with the adaptation, and they could've cut some of the earlier scenes to add the scene in the café with them making fun of Saito-sensei.

slovak125 said:
This was very weak episode after promising first and fairly good second. Ako is already pissing the shit out of me and is getting way too much screen time... I have no intention on getting any more frustrated with this. Dropped.

.....The entire show revolves around her and her mental issue. She's the main heroine.
Psh. I totes know that feeling bruh. Lelouch had way too much screen time in Code Geass. Same with that Edward Elric dude in FMA. Guy was in way too many scenes.
Apr 22, 2016 10:43 PM

May 2015
Of course I somehow couldn't tell that that Nekohime was the teacher. And Ako went all yandere! When are Ako and Nishimura going to date in real life? They really should, they care about each other a lot.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Apr 22, 2016 10:54 PM

Oct 2011
Nekohime was the sensei oMG
Apr 22, 2016 11:55 PM

Dec 2009
Ako is the most harmless yandere ever, it's adorable and hilarious. It made her look like she was going to pull out a knife, and she just pulls out a plastic wand lol.
Apr 23, 2016 12:02 AM

Jan 2014
I miss seeing the other party members as their guy characters.
Apr 23, 2016 1:31 AM

Mar 2015
It's kinda getting bad to me. An out of nowhere drama is weird in a comedy series. Though some of the scenes are still funny like the master and the premium items.

I also just realized that Minase Inori voiced Ako, no wonder her voice is so familiar.

Apr 23, 2016 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
Was getting a bit worried half way in cause it seemed apart from paying Video games there wasn't going to be much about the show, the ending was welcome but still not sure how far they can stretch this.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 23, 2016 8:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Really weird tone shifts this episode, like everywhere. Kind of losing sympathy for Ako.

Rusian also should just should go out with her, it's getting odd now.
Apr 23, 2016 9:04 AM
Apr 2014
That plot twist. Didn't expect the teacher to be Nekohime. But this basically made the setup being built on a lie. I mean the whole situation exists only because Nishimura thought he proposed to a guy but as it turned out it was actually a woman.

Obviously this won't change his mind from one moment to the other BUT it should have some effect to a certain degree.

Anyway. The only thing that is a bit annoying is in fact that both of them are extremes in their direction. Why not just accept that game and reality are different but also that those two like each other? Just start dating already... We all know it'll happen anyway >.>
Apr 23, 2016 9:11 AM

Feb 2014
Ako is just too adorable.
Apr 23, 2016 10:30 AM

Jan 2008
I thought to myself "I bet Nekohime was really the teacher, but that can't be, it's too predictable"...and then they reveal that it was in fact the teacher....oh well, at least its still pretty entertaining.
Apr 23, 2016 10:39 AM
Oct 2010
Does this show get dark or something? I keep getting shades of something is fucked up with that ako girl but then it kinda mellows out after a few seconds.

4kicks said:
I thought to myself "I bet Nekohime was really the teacher, but that can't be, it's too predictable"...and then they reveal that it was in fact the teacher....oh well, at least its still pretty entertaining.

Yeah I suspected the same honestly, especially since the teacher was gradually getting a lot of screen time and they said that the club needed an adviser.
Apr 23, 2016 6:10 PM

Nov 2014
I like yandere Ako
Hi there
Apr 24, 2016 1:37 AM

Apr 2015
kyle8998 said:
I like yandere Ako

yandere is the best...

I knew it, Nekohime is someone in the school, she is the teacher...
Talking about a teacher who plays online games, I had one back when I was in high school. He always gives us some homework when we met online...

oh right, why they play the game in windowed mode?? it really grinds my gears...
Apr 24, 2016 3:49 AM

Oct 2015
animefan8800 said:
Ako vs Nekohime, who yeah, everyone guessed was the teacher. Dat clothesline though! XD Rusian is such a tsundere, in real life he shoulda been with Ako plenty by now! XD Watching their relationship develop is pretty adorable though. :) I also continue to be pleasantly surprised by how much more I'm enjoying watching to reading this! XD It just seems to flow much better. :)

Also, I'll never tire of seeing Kyoh in her game outfit! XD

This is turning out to be pretty good series with plenty of laughs.
Kinda guessed that Sensei would come into it somehow so no surprises there.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Apr 24, 2016 8:41 AM

Sep 2014
I'm not the only one who thinks that the op sounds like ClariS's openings to OreImo right.... right....?
Time Waits For No One.
Apr 24, 2016 8:56 AM

Apr 2015
Pacing was a bit too quick, other than that OK week

Dat canned coffee, I rely on precisely that to keep awake every morning heh...it's on a two plus one sale nowadays
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

78 by k4cper0 »»
Apr 7, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2016

120 by k4cper0 »»
Apr 6, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

331 by k4cper0 »»
Apr 2, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

179 by RGreatDanton »»
Nov 2, 2023 12:33 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2016

142 by RGreatDanton »»
Oct 29, 2023 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.