Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 22, 2016 10:34 AM

Jan 2012
what Hisoka vs Chrollo i wasn't expecting it but the art was bad in this chapter.

Apr 22, 2016 10:37 AM

Jun 2015
Wow didn't see this comming! thank god I could see this before I die; the battle I was wating for a very long time.
I think Chrollo is going to own hisoka; since hisoka likes to fight stronger opponents and put his life on the edge?
So the phantom troupe are watching this right now between the crowd I guess lol. I also I remember Machi telling hisoka that he's going to loss, and if he hypothetically won she's going to murder his ass, I belive this applies to the other memebers so they will go after him if he actually killed Chrollo.
I wonder what's gonna happen, I can't read this Togashi afterall.
Apr 22, 2016 11:02 AM

Dec 2012
embracebuddha said:
yeah but this isnt really anything new. the whole pt thing in the ant arc? pretty random as well. my personal opinion is that chrollo wins and kills hisoka and kurapika possible confirms chrollo has his powers back this way.

Except the phatom troupe appearance there wasn't as significant as something that has been awaited since yorknew

I think it's practically impossible for Hisoka to die. It would such a waste of his character. It will just be there for shock value, rendering his whole character to a random person fucking around during events of the story with no actual purpose.
Apr 22, 2016 11:37 AM
Feb 2016
It's hisoka morou or morrow?
Apr 22, 2016 12:53 PM
Feb 2016
If only one survives. Will be chrollo
But i think both will survive
Both will fight against ging and pariston
Ging vs chrollo:thief vs copier
Hisoka vs pariston:troll vs troll
Apr 22, 2016 1:09 PM
Aug 2011
Hisoka Morou ._.

I can't remember the last time that i've had a feeling this complicated.

Doubt he's going to die and if he does die then so does my place in this fandom. :'(
Apr 22, 2016 3:05 PM

May 2014
stand said:
Hisoka Morou ._.

I can't remember the last time that i've had a feeling this complicated.

Doubt he's going to die and if he does die then so does my place in this fandom. :'(

You read my mind.
I feel like the name reveal could be a death flag, but I might just be reading into things too much. I'm still worried tho...like, have you seen Chrollo's box of tricks?!

Oh Togashi please do not kill off Hisoka!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2016 4:09 PM

May 2013
Ston3_FreeN7 said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
I'm surprised so many people think that Hisoka will come out of this alive if this is truly a death match. Gon and Hisoka had their fight in Heavens Arena, Gon will destroy Hisoka beyond belief in a rematch. We saw what he did to Pitou! I don't think that Togashi will write a rematch just to have Gon win at the end of the manga.Hisoka is sadly not relevant to the story anymore.

Well, context is important here. Gon did after all beat Pitou with an extremely dangerous, I would assume one time only powerup that nearly killed him. Normal Gon, whenever he gets his Nen back, still couldn't beat Hisoka. Either way, I just don't see this match reaching a conclusion.

Hisoka wants to fight Gon when he is at his peak, that means adult Gon or something close to it. Do you honestly think he has a chance of defeating that? Togashi doesn't strike me as a writer who would match Hisoka en Gon again just so that Gon can destroy him and finally get a win on Hisoka.

It would be bad writing in my opinion, if they fight and Gon wins it will be nothing but fan service, the main shounen hero defeating is oldest rival. And if Gon loses then it will be as if he didn't progress at all.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Apr 22, 2016 5:51 PM

Jan 2014
Interesting chapter, strange that this just came out of no where. Given Chrollo's position in the Hunter universe and the revenge story it entails, I'd much rather have him as the victor over Hisoka. Hopefully this isn't an indication of what may turn out to be Togashi rushing the manga.
Apr 22, 2016 6:38 PM

Jan 2016
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for Gon to get his nen back. ;-;
What the fuck is oatmeal?
Apr 22, 2016 9:40 PM

Aug 2012
Words kinda fail me honestly, conventional wisdom tells me neither would end up dying but conventional wisdom also tells me this chapter wouldn't have happened so randomly as it did. I'm loving the content (and it's such a breeze to read through, can't remember the last time I read a Hunter x Hunter arc in under 10 minutes, let alone 20) but I'm pretty worried about the upcoming chapters. Definitely stoked for it though.
Apr 22, 2016 10:26 PM
Jan 2013
I may be forgetting/missing something, but does Kurapika's chain being exorcised means that Kurapika has to sense that? As far as I remember, Genthru didn't know that his time bomb nen has been nullified by the exorcist who was hired by Phantom Troupe until he said "I caught the bomber" and touched Genthru...
Agree about the point that It happens randomly without any shown event that the exorcism is successful...

Anyway, who cares about that? Hisoka vs Chrollo? Who can refuse?!

edit: forget about what I said firsthand, didn't check the manga carefully
dex_dashApr 22, 2016 11:19 PM
Apr 23, 2016 1:05 AM
Mar 2014
metsujin said:
So I really forgot when did Chrollo got his nen back... is it mentioned in some chapter & can someone tell me what chapter?

You're welcome!
http://mangafox.me/manga/hunter_x_hunter/v20/c201/1.html
Apr 23, 2016 1:30 AM
Mar 2014
Drake1000 said:
What the fuck ???
The fight just happens like this out of the blue with no close prior build-up, No Kurapika sensing that his judgment chain is no longer effective? no nothing, boom here's the fight in the middle of the Dark continent arc, the fuck? is Togashi rushing HxH like he did with Yu Yu Hakusho?
Also Chrollo appears to have stolen Shalnark's ability, meaning that the latter would not be able to use his Nen ability anymore, nice thing to do to your smartest Phantom troupe member.
Also what's up with the double abilities at the same time, that's bullshit.
Hisoka Morou? what a shitty name
Please tell me Hisoka is dreaming.
>(Pokémon) Sun and Moon
Hiatus confirmed
metsujin said:
Drake1000 said:
What the fuck ???
The fight just happens like this out of the blue with no close prior build-up, No Kurapika sensing that his judgment chain is no longer effective? no nothing, boom here's the fight in the middle of the Dark continent arc, the fuck? is Togashi rushing HxH like he did with Yu Yu Hakusho?
Also Chrollo appears to have stolen Shalnark's ability, meaning that the latter would not be able to use his Nen ability anymore.
Also what's up with the double abilities at the same time, that's bullshit.
Please tell me Hisoka is dreaming

I have the same reaction tbh... I mean we knew the fight will happen... but as you said, where's the build up? Illumi implied that Hisoka was chasing after Chrollo... but even so is that 'eraser' so good, that Kurapika didn't notice Chrollo got his nen back? Wished we had a chapter explaining more about this... unless Togashi plans to do it a bit later... but yea very confusing stuff.

Guys, what was going before was a preparation to the fight among the princes, Kurapika's job has aready done about the preparations, we just need to see the Zoldiac interaction and how Beyond will be developed as a char. Togashi is famous because he is able to work with several plots at the same time.
I guess Kurapika's nen goes to another place, like abengane beast... I believe that is why Kurapika couldn't sense Chrollo breaking free from the chains.
Trust me... There is a reason behind this fight... I give my ass to my beighbor if I am wrong! I bet Kuroro and/or Hisoka will be include in new arc.
Apr 23, 2016 6:24 AM

Nov 2014
So if I remember correctly the exorcist that was on Greed Island doesn't actually remove the nen fully it is simple contained within the creature that the guy summons. When the guy made the creature eat the bomb on himself, he had to carry it around until going back to to the bomber brothers and "catching them" which undid the nen. So technically the nen wasn't exorcised off Chrollo, it was just contained within the creature, and that would make sense why Kurapika didn't sense the nen being removed.
Apr 23, 2016 1:02 PM

Nov 2011
what in the actual fuck...
it's been like 16 years???

Togashi is not a person who like to give the fans the fanservice.....
smth is behind that..
Apr 23, 2016 1:26 PM
Feb 2016
fuck yes.... 10/10... HxH
Apr 23, 2016 2:01 PM

Jun 2014
As much as I'm excited to see this fight finally begin after all these chapters, I'm somewhat dreading something at the same time. Togashi might be trying to tie up loose ends like those with the Phantom Troupe so that he can end the series soon. With all the effort he took in building up the background for just this single arc it would be sad to see that axed before coming to full fruition. But regardless, at least he'll be happy instead of being tormented by fans, or just feeling guilty for not being able to put out a good enough product.
Apr 23, 2016 11:15 PM

May 2014
I doubt either of them will die. I'm expecting Togashi to create a situation that interrupts their deathmatch. I doubt Togashi would kill off Hisoka at this point, but who knows... You never know with Hunter X Hunter.
Apr 23, 2016 11:19 PM

May 2014
Donze said:
kchorrex2012 said:

What left me perplexed are the new skills... So can he borrow abilities now? I don't think he'd just steal Shalnark's ability forever. Also, that sun & moon thing reminds me of that crazy alchemist that blew up everything with the seals in his hands.

He always borrowed abilities, that's the original purpose of the book, even when he used it against the zoldyicks
Now that he no longer has to hold the book open to the page of the ability, that seems plausible. Or Shalnark might have sacrificed his ability for his boss.
Apr 24, 2016 7:58 AM

Mar 2014
Drake1000 said:
KingRequiem said:
Neon Nostrade's fortune telling ability isn't appliable to self, Chrollo couldn't have predicted the issue of the match.

Actually about that... Someone pointed this out
He can predict Hisoka's future and act accordingly, remember in Yorkshin he got Hisoka's info required as a condition for the fortune telling ability
Hisoka is fucked in this fight.

I was just thinking...what if he reads what he predicted to the other members/Hisoka? Didn't Neon said that it was better if she doesn't know about them? Maybe if he reads Hisoka's prophecy, it won't come true because the original writer readed it.
Apr 24, 2016 8:31 AM

Mar 2012
Chrollo looked exactly like that when he fought Silva. His nostrils flaring and his hair messy, what'd you expect? It's called consistency. Only in intimidation moments was he drawn realistically and lesss anime-like.

Brilliant chapter, needless to say.
End Zionazism
Apr 24, 2016 9:06 AM
Feb 2016
Hisoka kills chrollo. Hisoka goes to the dark continent. The troupe looks for him in DC searching vegeance
Apr 24, 2016 2:54 PM

Jul 2015
Wow been a long time coming, but completely random in my opinion. The looming hiatus is on my mind tho lol Give or take 8 more chapters then resume June 2017
Apr 25, 2016 12:11 AM

Aug 2007
keragamming said:
(...)
If Togashi really kill off any of these two characters in this petty fight, then it simple means I overestimated him as a writer. This would be straight up bad writing if that's the case. (...)

lol
Bad writing would be if he wouldn't kill any of them only because some group of fans would be mad. It's a deathmatch that Hisoka has been waiting for and Chrollo would have no reason to leave Hisoka alive either (he knows that in such a case Hisoka would want a rematch sooner or later and he would keep coming at him, not that Hisoka would lose to that twat).
Apr 25, 2016 12:17 AM

May 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the exorcist guy transform the "curses" into Nen beasts rather than just remove them? That could explain why Kurapika is still clueless, Mad Bomber didn't seem to notice either.

As for Chrollo having Troupe abilities, those guys are super loyal to him. All he'd have to do is ask, especially if he can give them back too.

edit: Ah, I see this was already answered.
Apr 25, 2016 11:27 AM
Apr 2014
Iceblink said:
Drake1000 said:

Actually about that... Someone pointed this out
He can predict Hisoka's future and act accordingly, remember in Yorkshin he got Hisoka's info required as a condition for the fortune telling ability
Hisoka is fucked in this fight.

I was just thinking...what if he reads what he predicted to the other members/Hisoka? Didn't Neon said that it was better if she doesn't know about them? Maybe if he reads Hisoka's prophecy, it won't come true because the original writer readed it.

They refuse to read a prophecy they wrote because they don't understand it right away, the one concerned by the prophecy understands it better, but nothing prevents Chrollo from reading the prophecy and attempting to decipher it.

"Maybe if he reads Hisoka's prophecy, it won't come true because the original writer readed it"

Nothing like this is said about the ability, ever.

Even if he does not make a Hisoka prophecy, he could make one for the other members and benefit from it since Chrollo and the phantom troupe members futures are very much linked as proven by the Yorkshin arc.
Apr 25, 2016 12:37 PM

Nov 2012
I could see one possibility that doesn't end in death for either of them.
What if Chrollo steals Hisoka's hatsu?
Chrollo's already seeing the skill in action. Hisoka's ability is very simple in terms of limitations and conditions yet it is super flexible to use (its potential comes down to creativity and deception). With very few explanations from Hisoka (like he always does) Chrollo would be able to fulfill the "explanation" condition to steal his hatsu. If he manipulates Hisoka into thinking he's fighting with all he has (as in a serious deathmatch) I could see Hisoka revealing more stuff about his ability. And if he managed to control Hisoka all he needs is to start giving orders so he can steal it with no problems.

And no, I'm not forgetting Hisoka is a master of deception. This could be really interesting because Chrollo would fight with a handicap.
kchorrex2012Apr 25, 2016 12:46 PM
Apr 25, 2016 1:01 PM
Apr 2015
Are the other Spiders also keeping an eye on this fight? They must be, considering it's a deathmatch, involving their own leader. Hope they don't interrupt it in some way.
Apr 25, 2016 1:42 PM

Jul 2012
I'm just happy Hunter x Hunter is back, this chapter was pretty meh though. Pretty sure no one will die in this fight because that would be such an anticlimactic way for either of these characters to die. I'm guessing Togashi is just trying to get the readers interested and back on the hype. Only time can tell though.
Apr 25, 2016 3:04 PM

Jan 2011
Viz translation is available

What we Know about bookmark:
-Chrollo can maintain that page's ability even after closing the book. concurrently with an ability on another page
-is an ability to use two stolen abilities at once
-Chrollo only has one bookmark
-the true advantage of the bookmark is not having to hold the book
- is an original ability from Chorllo
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Apr 25, 2016 8:10 PM

May 2014
keragamming said:
This is also the first I'm seeing Hisoka in manga form, he looks like a shitty JOJo character, absolutely disgusting! Also neither Hisoka nor chrollo will die in this battle, not because it's a battle to the death means it's going to actually happen, the battle will be interrupted or something.

If Togashi really kill off any of these two characters in this petty fight, then it simple means I overestimated him as a writer. This would be straight up bad writing if that's the case.

3.5/5

This made me laugh so much...this is also the first time I've seen Hisoka in manga form and let me tell you he looks like he's been pumping those steroids like there's no tomorrow.

His thigh & booty game is pretty damn high.

I agree that the fight seems somewhat out of the blue, but I could never see it happening any other way tbh given both characters' warped personalities and mindsets. I wouldn't expect anything less from those two crazies. We also don't know what Togashi has planned yet...it might not all be as abrupt as it initially appears.

You never really know what to expect with HxH.
Guess we'll just have to sit tight and pray to the manga gods that Togashi does not take another break.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2016 8:49 PM

Oct 2013
Strawberrycake48 said:
keragamming said:
This is also the first I'm seeing Hisoka in manga form, he looks like a shitty JOJo character, absolutely disgusting! Also neither Hisoka nor chrollo will die in this battle, not because it's a battle to the death means it's going to actually happen, the battle will be interrupted or something.

If Togashi really kill off any of these two characters in this petty fight, then it simple means I overestimated him as a writer. This would be straight up bad writing if that's the case.

3.5/5

This made me laugh so much...this is also the first time I've seen Hisoka in manga form and let me tell you he looks like he's been pumping those steroids like there's no tomorrow.

His thigh & booty game is pretty damn high.

I agree that the fight seems somewhat out of the blue, but I could never see it happening any other way tbh given both characters' warped personalities and mindsets. I wouldn't expect anything less from those two crazies. We also don't know what Togashi has planned yet...it might not all be as abrupt as it initially appears.

You never really know what to expect with HxH.
Guess we'll just have to sit tight and pray to the manga gods that Togashi does not take another break.

True, true let's see how next chapter plays out.
Apr 26, 2016 4:50 AM
Dec 2014
According to VIZ It`s Hisoka Morow
Apr 26, 2016 12:45 PM

Oct 2007
AHHHHHHHHHHHH~

I get so frustrated reading through these threads that most times I don't bother to post... but dear Feebas was this a grand chapter and a delightful treat. I'm pretty sure a majority of people need to go back and reread to catch themselves back up, since a lot of the complaints seem to have been dispelled already. I know I need to do some rereading.

For serious, though. Trust in Togashi-sensei. Whether you like the dude or not, he knows what he's doing.
Apr 26, 2016 3:03 PM

Aug 2014
Hisoka vs Chrollo?? I was not ready for this at all :O

Throughout the whole chapter I was keeping my guard up thinking Togashi was going to switch to something else xD.

I honestly love both character and wouldn't want seeing none of them die but if I had to choose someone it would definitely be my boy Chrollo :P

About time Chrollo got an upgrade in power. While he was always one of my top favs characters in the series, his fighting style wasn't really to my liking, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how he fends off with both of his hands free now.

Great chapter, a bit random considering what we had going on before but who's complaining lol.

#TeamChrolloInThisBitch
Apr 26, 2016 5:08 PM

Sep 2014
Wow, guess that took everybody by surprise. I'm thrilled and scared by this, I mean I love Hisoka but I honestly don't see him coming out alive if Togashi really go through with this.

Not only I still think Kurapika will end up facing off Krollo again, since he must be kinda mad with the chain thing and he killing Uvo, but well... It would be kind of a downfall having the head spider dead now.

My guess is either Hisoka dies or they both get out alive somehow (even though, if not done right, can also be a downfall. Keeping Hisoka alive just to please the fandom? Méh, give a good meaningful death and let me mourn it for a very long time)
Apr 26, 2016 5:30 PM

Jan 2011
a question?
we're gonna have a new manga chapter this week?
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Apr 26, 2016 5:38 PM
Feb 2016
It's golden week
So...no chapter
Apr 27, 2016 5:44 AM

Mar 2012
I think this is the most shocking manga chapter of the century
End Zionazism
Apr 27, 2016 4:13 PM

Apr 2016
Mikasa said:

I think this is an excellent example of Poe's law.

The century's just begun, and so has this arc. I'm sure Togashi has even better surprises in store. Here's to hoping his health holds up... his comments in the jump magazines concern me.
Apr 27, 2016 4:48 PM

Dec 2014
The art was a bit different in my eyes. Maybe it was just me? But this fight getting me too hyped
Jun 9, 2016 7:41 PM

Jan 2016
HOLY FUCKIN SHIT CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 12, 2016 8:33 AM

Dec 2013
JEEZ!!
I'm going crazy with this.
Jun 13, 2016 8:28 PM

Mar 2012
Ireva said:
Mikasa said:

The century's just begun, and so has this arc. I'm sure Togashi has even better surprises in store. Here's to hoping his health holds up... his comments in the jump magazines concern me.

Well so far, this is the most shocking reveal of the century, AND the most shocking one for the last 100 years of manga as well
End Zionazism
Jun 14, 2016 4:04 AM

Jan 2011
Mikasa said:
Ireva said:

Well so far, this is the most shocking reveal of the century, AND the most shocking one for the last 100 years of manga as well

fanboy level "It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAND!" lol
Jun 19, 2016 2:09 AM

Jun 2008
I do not know how to feel about this.
I know many expected this fight but to me is a bad timing because i was so focused o seeing all he new developments with the Princes, Kurapika, Hunter Association, Gin etc.
I wanted to see the whale ship sailing off and games beginning after all that build-up and no matter how cool this fight is suppose to be now it feels like it's taking annoying time from the big plot of the new arc.

Of course i assume he throws this fight here because he wants to somehow associate this guys with the Dark Continent travels after they finish this but still it takes away from the fight because it just becomes a procedure we want to get rid off as fast as possible.
Jun 19, 2016 2:52 AM

Mar 2012
dark-chaos said:
Mikasa said:

fanboy level "It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAND!" lol

Prove me wrong lol
End Zionazism
Aug 25, 2016 11:44 AM

Nov 2007
Finally some action!!

Two of the most badass anime characters ever existed finally battle yayyy

Only thing is.. how does nobody care that the referee is killed?? Seriously!?
arnxxAug 25, 2016 1:15 PM
Aug 15, 2021 7:37 AM

Feb 2018
A fight between Hisoka and Chrollo? wow.. so this is really happening :O
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.