Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 13, 2016 8:49 PM
Dec 2011
JokerxHisoka said:
No one has anything to say about that voice talking with benio during the fight? seriously? Please don't tell me they added "talking little friends"...

My fears were true.
JokerxHisokaApr 13, 2016 9:23 PM
Apr 13, 2016 9:01 PM

Mar 2016
Nayrael said:

Story-wise it might be bad because this was the foretelling of the future, not an order. And usually you can't change the future. So parents doing all the saving would have the story contradict itself.

Edit: I had to check in the manga too if Arima said that the miko would end the war themselves, and he did in both the manga and the anime
Story-wise, it'd be interesting to see if and how they actually defy their fate to achieve their own goals to exorcise all kegare/become the strongest exorcist, which happens to be the Miko's destiny haha
I believe that if done right, prophecies can show surprising ways of how the outcome occurs, so here's to hoping that Sousei has one of those prophecies.
LulupusApr 13, 2016 9:45 PM
Apr 13, 2016 9:28 PM

Jul 2014
Kazataro said:

I was looking forward to that and was the only reason I watched the episode bummer

bleach pls

I was sooo looking forward to this scene as well but fck Pierrot for not delivering it!

What fcking pisses me off more from this and the manga is that he let it slide with a simple sorry, I would fcking deck that SoB and bring his corpse to my friends graveyard as atonement, that wasnt cool at all. Nothing white pervert can do that can make me like him, that guy is an ass.
-StrayApr 13, 2016 9:36 PM
Apr 13, 2016 10:55 PM

Sep 2013
Decent episode, but the OP song is not amazing at all
Apr 13, 2016 11:57 PM

Jun 2015
That was pretty cool.
:)
Apr 14, 2016 1:10 AM
Dec 2014
Is it just me or the visual quality seems pretty low? At times frames look blurry and the anime itself looks like the ones made 5-10 years ago.

Anyways this episode seemed weaker than the first one, next week will decide to keep watching or drop this. Also that stupid anime-only pet.
Apr 14, 2016 1:28 AM

Jun 2015
"It is decided, congrts" LOL. :D
This was not as enjoyable as the first episode but the show looks promising. so will wait and see where this goes.
At least it is better than those Ecchi, Harem crap. (no offense please)
Apr 14, 2016 1:34 AM

Mar 2016
Such a simple apology from Arima, he still deserves to be punched in the face.
Apr 14, 2016 1:55 AM

Oct 2015
Tokoya said:
Ahhh yes....The first of the many plot twists of this series that blew my mind and the reason why I got hooked on this series instantly

I'll never forget this moment when I read it in the manga because I legit did not see this coming and I'm pretty sure most anime only's will feel the same xD This is only the beginning of the twists my friends lol

I dunno why some people in this thread is writing this off as anime original already because the events of the episode flowed exactly like this in the manga just with slight changes along like Benio's familiar (Whom I found to be pretty annoying as a character)

Whoever is voicing Arima, they nailed him to a tee and they nailed the comedic aspects of his character which made me very happy to see....The big fight scene was handled pretty great although they did remove some dialogue that Rokuro had towards Arima

Regardless, this episode wasn't bad at all imo and they handled the trolling at the end perfectly so I'm satisfied lol....The OP was pretty nice too

So the series gets still better? Then it'll be fun to watch out for this series.

Nice episode. Arima was funny af. Lol at pervert in underpants.

The troll at the ending! Didn't expect the get married and make child route.
Benio is cool too.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Apr 14, 2016 2:15 AM

Oct 2014
wow I didn't think much of this anime from ep 1 but now I've really gotten in to it. The characters are done really really well, they're all interesting or enjoyable to watch not to mention the relationship between rokuro and benio. Despite all the amazing animes this season I think this will still be one of my favourites, liking it a lot.
Apr 14, 2016 3:43 AM
Mar 2016
Kinneas24 said:
Wow, didn't see the "Let's get married and make a baby" coming.

But ..

Actually Rokuroro is the one who destroyed hinazuki dorm and the twist is more then that . just wait until
Apr 14, 2016 5:33 AM

Dec 2011
Kind of disappointed that the action just seems to be not so fluid. I expected more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2016 5:45 AM

Jan 2016
I find the eyes of this anime weird... Too big like flies. Other than that i like the concept
Apr 14, 2016 5:57 AM

Jun 2013
I'm actually surprised at how much I'm enjoying this so far :)
Apr 14, 2016 5:57 AM

Oct 2008
Jesus, guys.The spoiler tag is there to be used. Let's be respectful towards anime-only viewers.
Apr 14, 2016 6:53 AM

Jul 2014
OP/ED are both fine
this episode show some of the MC past stories, many cliche scenes again though, anyway this anime is good to watch this series
7/10
Apr 14, 2016 8:09 AM
Mar 2012
OP animation real nice, better than kiznaiver maybe. ED has better song tho.
Wow Pierrot finally gives amazing animation. Very nice fight.
Rokuro goes iron fist + telekinetic archer.
Benio goes dual wielding sonic.
Lol abs head priest. Random dark shounen pasts.
Compulsory marriage!? Yay make babies. That ship goes too fast.
Apr 14, 2016 9:51 AM

Apr 2015
That was quite extreme shit.

I like it.

Adam Johnson would be very disappointed for not being in Rokuro's position, shame he isn't eh
LanzApr 14, 2016 10:01 AM
Apr 14, 2016 11:03 AM

Jun 2013
ah 2nd episode is out, let's see if Manga awesomeness is here?
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 14, 2016 11:25 AM
Dec 2015
Que fue. Cap.. Me hizo reír... Emocionar con la batalla, y con ganas de seguro viendo esta sere
Apr 14, 2016 11:46 AM
Jan 2016
It's ok... The op was pretty good and shows abit to the story that I can get excited about though one thing really annoyed me. In episode 1 Benio(-sama) B) was fighting that huuuuuuuuge kagera or whatever it was, which she had a really hard time comparing to. Rokuro jumps in and just destryos the thing with 1 hit. Next episode (episode 2), later in the episode they fight eachother (easily expected). At first it was very one-sided(for Rokuro of course), but then Benio gets reminded about something in her past (cough cough, her parents died), and goes total psycho-mode and can apparently can match up to Rokuro. Rokuro then gets one last hit (hit vs hit, like when she uses her blade and he uses his fist and they clash together, that kind of thing), the match gets ended right before they hit. It bugs me because in episode one he just absolutely showed off on Benio, by destroying that Kagera, and then episode 2 she can suddenly match up to him (if not defeat him), without any training.

how2logic
Apr 14, 2016 12:21 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Oh yes, i like this. Good action and intestering dymanic between the two mains.

The twist was uhhhh weird, but i laughed.
Apr 14, 2016 1:40 PM

Mar 2014
ok they add an original character tp replace the old woman's role. dropped
Apr 14, 2016 2:49 PM

Jun 2012
MrShizu said:
and then episode 2 she can suddenly match up to him (if not defeat him), without any training.

how2logic

Yeah, that really bump me too. He was supposed to be way better than her and after she gets that cliche rage somehow was at his level... i think it was implied he was supposed to be tough as shit even without his arm.
Apr 14, 2016 7:23 PM

Dec 2014
Okay so that’s how these two paired up. Typical anime setup Te episode seemed really genuine I really liked how they recruited him
Apr 14, 2016 7:35 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Take two hated rivals, put in a pot, simmer until Big Enemy arrives, and serve hot. I guess I will stick around until it is done.
Apr 14, 2016 8:05 PM

Aug 2014
Is this really going to have 4 seasons?
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 14, 2016 8:06 PM

Jul 2015
They got trolled hard lol

Also that fight was pretty cool too
Apr 14, 2016 9:05 PM

Apr 2014
Maledict said:
Is this really going to have 4 seasons?

The show airing in TV Tokyo's prime time slot suggests it should be longer than one cour like Gintama or any kids show but the thing is that it has listed only 3 volumes (4 episodes in 1 volume) in its website so far. So unless the show is already planned to be split into 2 cours like Tokyo ghoul, it's pretty much confirmed to have only 12 episodes.
Z4KApr 14, 2016 9:08 PM
Apr 14, 2016 9:18 PM

Mar 2014
This reminds me of Chaos Dragon but like done correctly.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 14, 2016 11:03 PM

Dec 2012
This anime is very entertaining. The OP is good, the fight are great and even the humor is fun. Great show.
That bath scene ;)
Apr 15, 2016 6:46 AM
Jan 2016
Snaita said:
MrShizu said:
and then episode 2 she can suddenly match up to him (if not defeat him), without any training.

how2logic

Yeah, that really bump me too. He was supposed to be way better than her and after she gets that cliche rage somehow was at his level... i think it was implied he was supposed to be tough as shit even without his arm.

I just hope they do it right. I didn't like that she got the rage and instantly became as good or stronger than him, so I hope there's a bit of development, afterall, he will probably become the strongest in the series, cuz that's how animes work. Atleast I hope so because he has more story and has alot of potential for development unlike Benio.

also nice Kyouya Hibari avatar B)
Apr 15, 2016 12:56 PM

Jun 2012
MrShizu said:
Snaita said:

I just hope they do it right. I didn't like that she got the rage and instantly became as good or stronger than him, so I hope there's a bit of development, afterall, he will probably become the strongest in the series, cuz that's how animes work. Atleast I hope so because he has more story and has alot of potential for development unlike Benio.

Yeah I think the story will flow like that too, but I read they changed somethings from the source. Hope they don't screw this anime...

MrShizu said:

Thank you, it's him isn't it. Finally I got the confirmation ah ah, glad I pick it right XD
Apr 15, 2016 1:53 PM

Oct 2015
It still seems like another generic Shounen battles series but since it's only supposed to be 12 episodes I will keep watching for now.

The part about getting married was pretty funny.
Apr 15, 2016 3:00 PM

Aug 2011
A part from the new character, the familiar, the opening section of the anime and this episode, everything else was on point. I do think that this series will have minute changes are maybe one or two scene remove compare to the manga but still, it should be a good watch. This episode was fun to watch so I'm looking forward to the coming episodes.
Apr 15, 2016 4:24 PM
Jan 2016
Snaita said:
MrShizu said:

Yeah I think the story will flow like that too, but I read they changed somethings from the source. Hope they don't screw this anime...

MrShizu said:

Thank you, it's him isn't it. Finally I got the confirmation ah ah, glad I pick it right XD

This is for you http://i.ytimg.com/vi/cktsDYDWQcY/0.jpg
since you have both Tsuna and Hibari. Also would you mind if I sent you a friend request?
Apr 15, 2016 7:45 PM

Dec 2009
Great episode overall, very well adapted (Besides a few re-arranged scenes). Freaking awesome battle scene, it's a shame it ended with a tie (Since Rokuro was going to win hands down). I love the twist that Rokuro and Benio have to get married and that their child will be the destined chosen one. Makes me wonder if we'll see a sequel series in the future focusing on the Miko? Anyway looking forward to see if we're get an anime original story or it will stick with the manga plotline.
Apr 15, 2016 7:46 PM

Jan 2014
Arima really pissed me off. I don't care if he didn't actually mean what he said to Rokuro. He's manipulative and I've always hated characters/people like that.
Apr 15, 2016 8:17 PM

May 2015
can somebody give me doujin link when they're making a baby?
Apr 15, 2016 10:19 PM

May 2010
wut? was expecting some generic development, and now they getting married.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 16, 2016 2:03 AM

Jul 2011
This series continues to impress - mostly with the fights. I mean, look at that battle choreography! It looks great and it's animated well. The atmosphere/tension could be done better, but I won't complain too much considering my initial expectations.

Fanservice is mild and quick/forgettable, no complaints about it. Benio fights like a boss.
Apr 16, 2016 4:43 AM
Apr 2016
It's nice to see kumagai again in another work of the mangaka sukeno LOL
Apr 16, 2016 6:04 AM

Jun 2012
MrShizu said:

This is for you http://i.ytimg.com/vi/cktsDYDWQcY/0.jpg
since you have both Tsuna and Hibari. Also would you mind if I sent you a friend request?

Well I'm not into BL, but thank you anyway. You can send me a friend request, no need to ask. XD
Apr 16, 2016 10:29 AM

Apr 2011
Opening song was alright but I'm enjoying this anime so far
Apr 16, 2016 1:13 PM

Nov 2014
I feel like this is just another generic show, but I don't know if I should rop it just yet..

Apr 16, 2016 4:05 PM

Apr 2014
Somewhat different from the manga, but nevertheless, the plot is still progress in the same way.
That fight between Rokuro and Benio is epic.
Still waiting for when Benio learned about why Rokuro no longer wanted to be an exorcist.
And they are set to wed and do some baby making action.
Apr 16, 2016 5:22 PM

Nov 2015
Long story short. I don like this. I dont like the main character, thinks he is too good for the rest of the world, doesnt want to help (be exorcist) even though he can, edgy, self pity, screams to much.
I dont like certain visual aspects. I dont like the overly passive demons and their inconsistent interaction with the world.
I dont like the lack of information on what we are dealing with.

I dont like forcing people into marriage and child bearing. Doubly so I dont like forcing children into marriage and child bearing.

The only one lower on my list than MC is that white haired guy. He is a dangerous sicko, put him in jail please.

The premise is over used. Seen it all at least dozen times by now. Kid exorcists fighting demons with weapons and magic in a city in semi realistic world where public is somewhat aware of but also somewhat unaware of the threat.

Reasons why:
Apr 16, 2016 6:22 PM

Sep 2007

TL; DR (Sorry, it's 3AM here so i prefer to wrote two lines and going to sleep)

Anyways, for me, who have the manga in french, i'm liking it for the moment.
My only complain is the same for a lot of anime who are coming from a shonen manga : No blood. :/
Apr 17, 2016 2:04 AM

Oct 2013
I like onmyouji stories. I didn't really fancy the animation. But I will watch episode 3 before deciding further.
Apr 17, 2016 3:07 AM

Dec 2010
Ok, this keeps being as fun, I guess it will be one of the better stuff this season. The episode was rather uneventful save for the face-off, but I guess that the next episode will bring the Slice of Life aspect I'm waiting for.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2016

49 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2016

67 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 15, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

48 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

84 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2016

99 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.