Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 6, 2016 11:07 PM

Dec 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Looks like the plot armour titan Reiner has returned and right after Mikasa got burned.

RIP Erwin. Poor guy and his horse never stood a chance.

Not sure how much more hopeless the situation can get at this point. Eren definitely needs to make a return in the next chapter!
Apr 6, 2016 11:29 PM

Oct 2013
I don't think Erwin going to die next chapter. I think Eren coordinate is the only way out of this grim situation. I also don't know why people keep on briniging up the serum, when infact the person has to eat a shifter first or else that person will just become a normal titan.

I'll wait for translation until I make my final conclusion on this chapter.
keragammingApr 7, 2016 3:32 AM
Apr 8, 2016 4:00 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Erwin death flags were way too f*cking strong. He better not die, and the suicide attack it intense. Hopefully Levi takes down the Beast Titan before the casualties become too high.

5/5
Apr 8, 2016 4:08 PM

Sep 2015
Epic chapters
Erwin lives like a man and dies like a man
I was just reading those pages and imagining the anime ost in my head it felt so intense
Apr 8, 2016 4:22 PM

Jan 2015
Damn they all just gave up their lives hoping that Levi will be able to take down the Beast Titan .. :X I hope he's able to tho :/
Apr 8, 2016 4:34 PM

Oct 2013
Holyshit! This chapter is even better than I expected after reading the translation. That speech from Erwin was magnificent! Can't wait until this scene gets animated in season 3....
Apr 8, 2016 4:50 PM

Feb 2015
Holy crap, that was the best chapter of this series yet. I really hope it keeps momentum and they actually manage to kill the beast titan, and give their deaths meaning. If all three of the shifters survive that'll be a massive bitch slap. And damn Erwin's speech, that was wow.
Apr 8, 2016 5:14 PM

Nov 2011
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT. Damn, Erwin's speech is glorious this chapter especially with what they're about to face. Hopefully Erwin won't die soon but I have a feeling that a somewhat noticeable character will.
Apr 8, 2016 5:40 PM

Sep 2011
Damn son. That chapter was bad ass. Erwin's speech was awesome.

To all those saying Erwin better not die. He should after that magnificent speech. It will make for the perfect exit for his character.
Apr 8, 2016 5:46 PM
Mar 2016
It is really sad that Erwin is gone (and Marlo I think), as for Levi I will really want him to finish off the Beast Titan, but I am getting the feeling that he will not have the pleasure to do so.
Apr 8, 2016 6:19 PM

Dec 2012
The irony - the man who knew himself best and who set the world in action is going to die, leaving his dream behind. Hats down, whatever the exit is.

Remnants of Hange squad mentioned, but no sight of her.

The kids' attack on Bert rendered them half-stewed.

RIP, SnK world.

Or.

Eren gets Frieda's shit together and effectuates control.

Or. Hange kills Reiner, Eren kills Bert, and Levi kills Furry Ombre. FROM BEHIND.
Apr 8, 2016 6:22 PM

Sep 2014
What an amazing chapter!! One of the best to date. So many emotions . . .packed in some serious emotional intensity there. I feel like it really captured the heart of a solider while still ringing true for everyday people.

Geez, I hope our scouts can finally kill one of these titan shifters. I'm sick of them almost dying and then not dying. Damn it.

Damn Levi killing his way towards the beast titan will be epic.

Erwin . . . he better not die in the next chapter, not when his character keeps getting more and more interesting. I have hope he'll live another month. I honestly have no idea how the scouts are supposed to function without Erwin (or the plot, frankly, since Erwin moves 90% of what the humans do. Trust me, the series would get frustrating and boring if the titans always moved first and the humans had to react), so either he's going to live with this or humanity is screwed.

It's possible Levi will use the titan serum to save Erwin, who can eat whoever the beast titan is (wouldn't it be interesting if the beast titan was Erwin's dad?). It's obvious that Erwin means a lot to Levi, so I'm not ruling out the possibility, especially since Levi said something along the lines of "I'll make that decision" and we know he was left with the serum . . . I don't really read about theories enough to know how crazy this idea of mine is.

I still have hope for Hanji too.
Apr 8, 2016 6:25 PM

Dec 2012
Armin needs to think of a counter attack plan soon cause they got the Colossal Titan to deal with as well as Reiner waking up.

Erwin willing to sacrifice himself along with everyone else to distract the Beast Titan & give Levi the opportunity to defeat him.

Great speech by Erwin.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 8, 2016 6:29 PM

Apr 2013
The armored titan is back, seriously they're in a very very big trouble now
and RIP Erwin, can't see him stay alive with all those death flag, well at least it will be an epic die for him
Apr 8, 2016 6:32 PM

Jun 2014
intense as fuck. that speech gave me the chills
Apr 8, 2016 6:40 PM

Mar 2016
"For the sake of Victory,
They give their Lives"

Im excited even Erwin dies, I guess Armin will be their next strategist.
What happen Eren use your Coordinate fuck !
Match the beast titan LOL!
I think everything in this world is beautiful. The sky, birds, bugs, frogs, flowers, and even rocks. Because, if God created this world, could there really be anything dirty and ugly in it?
Apr 8, 2016 6:44 PM

Jan 2009
R.I.P. Erwin i thought you gonna reach your dream of finding the truth of the basement but the manga author did not do that lol

Levi should use the Titan transforming serum already
Apr 8, 2016 6:53 PM

Nov 2012
HNGGG INTENSE CHAPTER!!
Best one in this arc so far.

Seriously with a speech like that anyone would volunteer to die XD

WTF Armin get your shit together, at least take team Eren to the basement or something ¬¬

Good thing that I have so much to get done this month, or else I wouldn't be able to survive through it.
Apr 8, 2016 6:58 PM

Sep 2014
Feeling conflicted about all of this. Part of me knows it'll feel like a bit of a let down if no one dies after all that epicness.

But I also feel there should be equal opportunity "plot armor" borderline eye-rolling survivals for people I actually WANT to live, right??

Seriously though, if Reiner gets to live through 1000000 things that should've killed him and the interesting characters don't . . . major rage.
Apr 8, 2016 7:48 PM

Oct 2013
Plot Armor Reiner is still alive zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Still, Armin didn't come up with a plan. He should die.

No, Erwin, best man, is gonna die. *sheds tears
Apr 8, 2016 8:58 PM

Aug 2012
Great chapter and an amazing speech by Erwin, what a badass going out like that.

#Just notice that Farlan and Isabel between Oluo and Gunther on page 25.
Salamander2170Apr 8, 2016 9:08 PM
Apr 8, 2016 9:06 PM

Nov 2011
What if Ackerman are so special that when they use the serum, they don't lose their mind? Might be the only way for the serum to be an option.

I wonder who will have the stronger plot armor, Erwin or Reiner.

Apr 8, 2016 11:22 PM
Feb 2015
This was fkn brilliant. Almost lost respect for this series, for not getting rid of popular main characters. But damn.. Not only was it a captain send off, this motherfucker gave up on his life dream whilst being in arms reach of it. Holy fuck the respect to Erwin is mad deserved. As valiant,heroic and passionate a leader as they come. Best chapter in this series hands down. R.I.P erwin and them young suicide corps recruits.
Mr_PostmanApr 8, 2016 11:30 PM
Apr 8, 2016 11:56 PM

Jul 2012
Man that speech was so epic. Makes me sad, because this might be the last speech we'll hear from Erwin D: He's one of my favorite characters in the series too.. Maybe a last-minute serum injection to catch the beast titan off-guard? But iirc, Levi's the one holding on to it. I guess we'll just have to wait another month to find out.
Apr 9, 2016 12:24 AM

Jun 2011
"RAGE, MY SOLDIERS!! SCREAM, MY SOLDIERS!! FIGHT, MY SOLDIERS!!"

Erwin's speech make me pumped up for no apparent reason!
Apr 9, 2016 12:27 AM

Jun 2009
At least, my favourite character is about to leave the story with a great speech ("sweet talk" :) ) and respectable self-sacrifice...or so it seems. Erwin was the best character for me in SnK.
Hoped that he won't die somehow or even will use that serum, eat one of the worn-out shifters and get his arm back! :D But this is not that kind of story... Also his position is about to be replaced by Armin.

I wonder if Levi can survive this, at all. Reiner said - even knowing Levi's abilities - that he is no match for their commander. Probably something must be done with the serum or Eren, if they want to take that guy down.
Levi is one of the most popular characters, so I do not think he would die now - especially with Erwin gone. However, I do not see how his attack could be a good "surprise" while killing the titans' chain before the Beast. There are many of them and they are going to evaporate... So either Levi is so fast that by the time BT realizes he is there he also cut his nape or they fight. I am not sure how long Erwin's final attack can preoccupy BT, though. I hope this work, but doubt that there would be no fight between them.
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
Apr 9, 2016 12:32 AM
Jan 2015
is it really time for Erwin to goes down in style :( I doubt Levy alone can manage to take down the Ape Titan,it seems too early for that Ape to die
Apr 9, 2016 1:48 AM

Aug 2013
When I was reading penultimate chapter I was thinking that the author didn't know how to end this manga and decided to just kill all the characters. It looks like my thoughts come true...
I don't like the terms "good person" or "bad person" because it's impossible to be entirely good to everyone or entirely bad to everyone.
To some, you are a good person, while to others, you are a bad person. ~Armin (Shingeki no Kyojin)

Apr 9, 2016 2:29 AM

Sep 2014
Erwin really badass this chapter! Somehow I don't think he'll die though...oh well next chapter should know for sure.
Let's see if Levi can do some damage to that Beast Titan.
Apr 9, 2016 2:46 AM
Jul 2018
To sum up this chapter:

Apr 9, 2016 3:16 AM

Jun 2013
ANNIE WILL GET HER OWN MANGA!? "Lost Girls"!!?!?

Heh, Jean is best Leader in Tough situations...just like Marco said....he knows what a do when shit hits the Fan...

....O__O....OK...I Say this now, unless there will be some bullshit surprise Miracle going to Happen....Humanity just Lost this Battle....Eren is down, Reiner is Up and Bertolt Steam Defence knock Mikasa and Co down and Hurt them.... Mikasa and Co. Might Survive, Along with Levi...and Maybe some others....but rest...good as dead.

Ah....Sayonara Erwin...time to you to join Mike and Co....they are waiting...

I hope that Marlo at least survives....
JarjaxleApr 9, 2016 3:43 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 9, 2016 3:22 AM
Jan 2016
Great chapter as always :D Erwin probably not goin to die it barely hit him (and it was even slowed down by his horse).

I just cant figure out one thing, it bothers me since this outside battle started. If Beast titan knows that Eren has coordinate ability, which he atleast once used against Reiner and Bert, why would he summon ALL of those titans around him (still cant figure out where did they pop from maybe my point 2?).
1. He just risked it, becouse there was no poof that Eren mastered it
2. ALL of those bigger titans are shifters (it might explain their summon at once) - not probable, they look rlly dumb actually
3. He is confident to have those (I count from many episodes ) 70-80 titans around him, becouse he can easily defeat them or make them somehow perish at once as he summoned them. (if eren would be able to master coordinate)
KoutApr 9, 2016 3:26 AM
Apr 9, 2016 4:35 AM

Aug 2012
More comic strips by http://motorcyclles.tumblr.com/tagged/snk-comics

Apr 9, 2016 4:41 AM

Oct 2015
I swear if the beast, bert and reiner all get away after some miracle causes them to lose the battle im going to be mad.
Apr 9, 2016 4:42 AM

Feb 2016
sim0n2170 said:
More comic strips by http://motorcyclles.tumblr.com/tagged/snk-comics

These comic strips are gold! :D

And RIP Erwin, his whole conversation with Levin would be pointless if he survives..
Apr 9, 2016 5:18 AM

Dec 2012
Kout said:
Great chapter as always :D Erwin probably not goin to die it barely hit him (and it was even slowed down by his horse).

It's all the same - the rock went through his horse head indeed, but without a horse ... and without a hand ... against Beast Titan ... There's a slim chance Levi makes it in time, but there are other titans on the field and the diversion group got bombarded immediately ... no? ;_ ;

I just cant figure out one thing, it bothers me since this outside battle started. If Beast titan knows that Eren has coordinate ability, which he atleast once used against Reiner and Bert, why would he summon ALL of those titans around him (still cant figure out where did they pop from maybe my point 2?).
1. He just risked it, becouse there was no poof that Eren mastered it
2. ALL of those bigger titans are shifters (it might explain their summon at once) - not probable, they look rlly dumb actually
3. He is confident to have those (I count from many episodes ) 70-80 titans around him, becouse he can easily defeat them or make them somehow perish at once as he summoned them. (if eren would be able to master coordinate)

Hmm, they don't look like shifters, more like deviants.
The thing is that the people from Konnie's village were different than the mindless ones, which was noted by Ymir. And those villagers are assumed to be turned to titans by the Beast. So, he may not have the coordinator, but he was able to produce and command his own brand of titans, although it's unknown exactly how and to what extent.
A good reason for him and the other shifters to pursue the coordinator could be namely the latter would make titan puppeteering a piece of cake and it was also shown the coordinator has effect on shifters. So yeah, the organization won't be happy someone else has the coordinator if they are sending humanity into history.
Apr 9, 2016 6:03 AM

Nov 2010
Im getting really sick of Reinert's plot armor, it was the only annoying thing in this whole chapter. I really hope the author'll get rid of him and his friend and bring in some interesting characters instead.
Apr 9, 2016 6:09 AM

Sep 2013
Intense new chapter :x

I, seriously, feel like there's no more hope. Mikasa is injured. Armin's stuck. Eren's..............

Even if Erwin decided to sacrifice himself and the other soldiers, there's no guarantee that Levi would make it. I don't even think Levi is strong enough to take on the Beast Titan. Those two would probably die in vain qq

Unless one of them takes the serum thing and become a titan before it's too late.

Other than that, go Jean =w=;;
Apr 9, 2016 8:43 AM
Jun 2015
RAGE, MY SOLDIERS! SCREAM, MY SOLDIERS!! FIGHT, MY SOLDIERS!!!
damn, that was pretty epic stuff
Apr 9, 2016 9:23 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That basement better be worth it. So much suffering.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 9, 2016 9:25 AM

Feb 2010
:'-|

well done chapter indeed.
Apr 9, 2016 9:54 AM

May 2013
After the average political arc, the latest chapters have been getting better and better.
Apr 9, 2016 11:29 AM

Feb 2015
Jarjaxle said:

@Jarjaxle if you're interested, there is an English scanlation of Lost Girls on tumblr.
Apr 9, 2016 12:23 PM

Nov 2007
Welp,look at Isayama trying to off one part of my SNK holy trinity...
I'm still hoping Erwin is going to survive and get to that goddamn basement and then retire and live in peace with Levi in a little house with ugly flower garden or some shit like that......do i want that much?why can't we have nice things
(right,because some titans are too OP...fuck Bert and Reiner and the ape especially)
Apr 9, 2016 12:30 PM

Aug 2012
When I saw Reiner gets up, Hell no chance of winning 0%.

It's just a hunch of mine but I think since Eren is on the top of the wall he will saw those soldier getting killed like a fly then that's where his dialogue and coordinates will activate.
Apr 9, 2016 12:43 PM
Sep 2015
Levi gonna be in God mode,Erwin was the last one he knows before the Fall and his closest friend I still don't think he can beat the beast but I know he is pissed off he will do at least some damage
Eren and admin will be important next chapter watch
Apr 9, 2016 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
mayqueen said:
Jarjaxle said:

@Jarjaxle if you're interested, there is an English scanlation of Lost Girls on tumblr.

Where? Please sent PM or post profile, posting here is not allowed
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 9, 2016 2:58 PM

Aug 2015
RAGE MY SOLDIERS!!!
SCREAM MY SOLDIERS!!!
FIGHT MY SOLDIERS!!!
epic as fuck
Apr 9, 2016 3:13 PM
Feb 2016
This is starting to feel so much like the final battle of the series, but it cant be, right?, there are still a lot of questions that bave to be answered.
By the way, I like Reiner and Bertolt, I think that they are layered and complex characters. I know that they are the villains but i dont understand where is all this hating coming from.
Apr 9, 2016 3:30 PM

Jan 2014
You can't give a speech like that, lose your horse and expect to survive the end of the arc. Erwin is done for but at least he went out with a bang. Man, that chapter actually turned out way better than the spoilers seemed to suggest.
I wish there was more progression on Jean, Armin & co.'s side of the battle, but Best Man did deserve a proper send off. I don't know how things will go for Levi tho: Zeke ain't no fool, so chances are he'll notice the titans getting killed one-by-one long before Levi actually reaches him... So much despair

Also Moblit appeared along with the rest of the Hange squad in Erwin's mental image of his fallen men, but Hange herself didn't: is that meant to be some kind of foreshadowing? If yes, then it gives credence to the theory that Moblit sacrificied himself for her and that she might still be alive.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.