Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 25, 2016 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Satou's still awesome even as the bad guy, loved the way that he slowly yet methodically begins to execute his plans.

Lol the police is so damn useless in this show. Almost priceless.
Although by the content of the destruction, I think almost anyone would of felt helpless. Good episode overall, really liked how it showed the capability of Ajin monsters. RIP building

It's Show TIME.
Mar 25, 2016 12:00 PM
Apr 2014
In manga, It is it being very similar to 9/11 case
Mar 25, 2016 12:28 PM

Mar 2015
Censorship was to be expected, so I won't complain about it, beside, I think they handled it quite nicely by using another building to crash it.

Sad that they cut out Tanaka warning some girls (since it showed that he wasn't completely bad) and Okuyama's IBM (wouldn't fit with their pacing after the censorship though) (Barrel Man's with him on this case). However, it'll probably show up in the 3rd movie.

Also, props to Polygon once again for adding the water hoses on top of the building roof!
Mar 25, 2016 12:28 PM

Jan 2015
Trying not to raise suspicion by just acting and try not to stare directly at the security while bringing cart that filled with something "suspicious" that's surely not containing cleaning, but maybe some repair utensils surely tired them out.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 25, 2016 1:52 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Satou you crazy bastard! Loved that building scene. That 9/11 censorship, though sucks that it's not here, was expected, especially since Netflix got hold of this anime.

5/5
Mar 25, 2016 3:24 PM

Jul 2015
Holy fuck. Sato is such a cool character getting all of that setup and actually being able to carry out his plan. Hyped af for next ep. Preview was crazy !
Mar 25, 2016 3:25 PM

Apr 2011
i feel like I should have read the manga -___-
Same for Boku Machi
Mar 25, 2016 7:47 PM
Jan 2016
Maybe the attack was not so epic as was in the manga, but...they use a BUILDING!!! to crash another BUILDING!!! that's really Hardcore.
And Satou is still Awesome :)
Mar 25, 2016 9:47 PM
Jul 2014
That building crashing another building was sick, amazing! Seriously, I feel bad for people who are losing it just for being 3D animation because Ajin is burning.
Mar 26, 2016 3:51 AM

Mar 2015
OST is so great!
P.S. Actually, i think, anime-original content was awesome. They really used their brain to make these things happened. And, maybe, number of casualties is even more in anime, than in manga. In manga, is around 100+pharmaceutical company. In anime, is possibly around 500+pharmaceutical company. But possibility to survive in building is higher, i think.
TlahuizcapanteMar 26, 2016 8:59 AM
Mar 26, 2016 8:18 AM

Apr 2015
Fucking badass, gripping episode
Mar 26, 2016 9:10 AM
Apr 2014
FUCK POLYGON PICTURES, first they censor fingers being cut and now the 9/11 scene, I put up with their disgusting lazy CGI and I don't even get what I want to see, the defining moment for Sato as a batshit crazy villain, the 9/11 plane crashing was really all his doing and he didn't get much help from the other ones, and that has impact later on in the story
They had the good rising tension sound track for it too and it's even the 11th episode for fucks sake how more convenient could it be?
They also skipped a scene where Tanaka warns some girls before heading toward the explosion, fuck characterization I guess.
Sato runs the show, that much is clear, some of the stuff in the series oddly reminds of the heists in GTA V in a way.
0/5.
Mar 26, 2016 11:08 AM

Sep 2015
It's getting more and more entertaining !
The destruction of the building is amazing :o
Mar 27, 2016 9:56 AM
Jan 2016
It is really grievous how some maniacal psychopaths as Satou himself are bashing the grand and horrific scene for the lack of brutality and everything else. Something has to be done until the whole humanity withers from those so-called "humans"...
Mar 27, 2016 10:07 AM

Aug 2010
Don't give a shit about the censoring. Satou just proved he's one crazy SOB. I love this dude way too much right now. He friggin rode a collapsing skyscraper lol

Meanwhile Kei doesn't give a shit lol Love him too XD
Mar 27, 2016 10:09 AM

Feb 2015
i was really mad to find out that they would go an anime original route for the terrorist plot and that they had censored the original way but after seeing the genius way they pulled it off (i thought they were just going to bomb the main building) i actually laughed and had goose bumps when it was playing out.

This episode is a clear 5/5 and next episode i can expect another 5/5
Mar 27, 2016 10:10 AM

Aug 2012
itachan1995 said:
In manga, It is it being very similar to 9/11 case

Knew it. I remember them crashing a plane instead of a building. Still good tho. The episode I mean
Mar 27, 2016 10:11 AM

Mar 2014
Lmao @ the censorship

I'm eleven episodes in and I still don't see what makes this show so unique and fantastic that a big streaming provider like Netflix wants to stream it worldwide

It's not even that popular FFS
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 27, 2016 10:50 AM

Sep 2014
Goddamn Satou is a crazy bastard.

I like how Kei is a realistic person.
Mar 27, 2016 11:02 AM

Apr 2014
My favorite scene has to be when Satou loses his hat as the building crashes down, but then a drone suddenly delivers another hat to him

Mar 27, 2016 11:28 AM
Apr 2014
Danila_Naumov said:
It is really grievous how some maniacal psychopaths as Satou himself are bashing the grand and horrific scene for the lack of brutality and everything else. Something has to be done until the whole humanity withers from those so-called "humans"...

I doubt you realize that this is just entertainment and fiction.
Mar 27, 2016 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
Satou was so crazy in this episode! He rode a collapsing skyscraper.
Mar 27, 2016 11:49 AM

Nov 2015
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Satou was so crazy in this episode! He rode a collapsing skyscraper.

Yep, its way better than than airplaine scene from the manga

Will our MC do something ?
Mar 27, 2016 12:16 PM

Jun 2014
Holy crap this episode was insane! Satou is such a badass, riding a collapsing building to crush another building. I also found it quite humorous how he had the drone deliver another hat to him. Next episode will most likely be even more crazy.

I'm seeing many people complain about how they censored the manga's version of Satou destroying the building in a 9/11-like fashion, and I'm not even surprised that they would do so. As an American, I can confirm that there would have been such a huge uproar over this. I personally wouldn't have cared if they kept the manga's version, but unfortunately not everyone is like me. Oh well, this way was also pretty cool.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 27, 2016 12:36 PM
Apr 2014
Drake1000 said:
Danila_Naumov said:

I doubt you realize that this is just entertainment and fiction.

Satou is a psychopath, pure evil, like Hanibal Lecter.
Mar 27, 2016 12:56 PM

Jan 2016
They didn't blatantly censorship, this was well done anime-original.

Satou is bae.

2 more episodes :o who will win, humans or ajin! or 3rd party :3

I'm happy was disappointing when seemed like they were just gonna blow up the building, but what happened was EPIC, MAXIMUM THRILL!

Mar 27, 2016 1:08 PM

Jun 2014
Someone clearly doesn't know what 'humane' means. Either the translator or the writer.
Mar 27, 2016 2:16 PM

Dec 2013
A bit worried going into this episode knowing it was going to be censored but I still really liked it. Satou is just too amazing. Lost his hat? Immediately got a new one!

Ending was pure hype! My body is not ready for the next episode!!!
Mar 27, 2016 2:21 PM

Feb 2015
I was a bit disappointed that they changed the plane scene from the manga, cause it would have been epic to see, but the anime original scene was just amazingly handled so I won't complain about it. They really used their brains there so it turned out really well. Satou is such a crazy son of a bitch, and I can't help but love him.

Can't wait to see what Tosaki and Kei will do after this! Oh, but they didn't add Tanaka warn the girls who were going to see if something was going to happen. I really liked that part in a manga, and I think it was quite important scene for Tanaka cause it shows he isn't completely evil and still cares about humans, even a little.

Anyway, 2 episodes to go!!
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Mar 27, 2016 3:04 PM

May 2015
IT'S SHOWTIME. Man, Satou, you one insane son of a bitch. This is going to be good.

Mar 27, 2016 3:32 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
The collapsing building was amazing in its detail......the windows breaking etc. I even got a slight feeling of riding the building as it fell, so very nicely done! Still have no character that I care if they live or not, but that isn't always a bad thing. I am just here for the ride....lol.
Mar 27, 2016 3:32 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I was just laughing my ass off with Satou when he was riding dat collapsing skyscaper.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 27, 2016 4:08 PM

Dec 2012
Damn Satou is freaking insane & crazy. He is so awesome.
That explosion taking down that high-rise building so it lands on the pharmaceutical building.
I love how Satou falls along with the building.

Satou- "Maximum thrill"

All that extra police security & they are helpless to do anything.
Satou & his shotgun vs the Police Assault Force. Lets see who comes out on top.

I really wonder if Kei is gonna do something.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 27, 2016 4:36 PM

Apr 2015

I see what they're done here :) Satou you sly (forever hatted) fox.
Mar 27, 2016 4:39 PM

Apr 2015
OrangeJP said:
My favorite scene has to be when Satou loses his hat as the building crashes down, but then a drone suddenly delivers another hat to him

Bahaha, yes, that was so funny. Tehehe, I wonder if it's like a safety blanket for him.
Mar 27, 2016 5:44 PM

Dec 2015
Satou is one crazy bastard and I love even more for it. I The way he just rode the falling building. Love how he got delivered another hat, next episode is going to be epic, seeing Satou go up against the special assault force.

Mar 27, 2016 5:48 PM

Jan 2015
The fun is just about to begin, can't wait for Satou's past :D
Mar 27, 2016 6:18 PM
Jan 2016
Thank god they changed it from the manga cause it was a total 9/11 xD... I can see why they did it though. As we all well know, jet fuel can't melt steel beams ...
Mar 27, 2016 6:33 PM

Jun 2010
SATO is a straight up savage.

next week SATO is gonna be like me when I play GTA.
Just sledgehammering though all those cops.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Mar 27, 2016 7:18 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Satou riding that skyscraper like the badass that he is. I think both manga and anime version are good :) At least they kept it so that Satou did come crashing down somehow and reset. Still, the plane was cool because of the way he killed the pilots and how he had his Ajin crawl across the ceiling with his bag of weapons to avoid security. The episode was intense in it's own way, nevertheless. Kanno Yugo's godly OST went very well with the scenes.

More anime original scenes fleshing out Kei and Kou's interactions as well with the granny Kei is staying with. It was a nice calm before the storm.
Mar 27, 2016 8:24 PM

Feb 2016
They came up with something original and just as crazy.

Rate it 9/11
Mar 27, 2016 8:52 PM

Jun 2013
Well, can't say I expected Satou to get through that defense line by using a skyscraper to smash into it along with the building. Jaw dropped the second I realized what he was doing.
I know Satou is suppose to be the "bad guy" in all of this, but I can't help but think that he's such a badass and that it's partly justified, especially after seeing what tests the Ajin went through. I feel wrong, but I'm kind of rooting for him to win next episode.
Mar 27, 2016 9:16 PM

Sep 2014
Looks like the original scene used a plane smashing into the building, but the scene they used to replace that was well done. Satou using that Battlefield 4 Levolution.
Mar 27, 2016 9:19 PM

Feb 2013
_ImRaN_ said:
As we all well know, jet fuel can't melt steel beams ...

Yeah - I figure they used an Acetone and Hydrogen (commonly used for cleaning but diluted or it makes a powerful and almost undetectable explosive to bring it down). If searched it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for a cleaning crew to have.
Mar 27, 2016 9:56 PM

Jul 2009
I couldn't help but notice that none of the female bystanders have purses...wth do they carry their shit in? Dunno why I noticed but I did and it bothers me.

But Satou really had a bag sent over to him with a new hat. Yes it had more in it, but he couldn't forget his hat.
Hamelin said:
Well, can't say I expected Satou to get through that defense line by using a skyscraper to smash into it along with the building. Jaw dropped the second I realized what he was doing.
I know Satou is suppose to be the "bad guy" in all of this, but I can't help but think that he's such a badass and that it's partly justified, especially after seeing what tests the Ajin went through. I feel wrong, but I'm kind of rooting for him to win next episode.

Root for him. Don't feel bad. Humans are fucked. He's very justified. Tosaki on the other hand is a bitch. Just because something isn't human doesn't mean you don't need to be humane.
InugirlzMar 27, 2016 10:00 PM
Mar 27, 2016 10:44 PM

Aug 2010
ugh, so good.
gonna cry when the series ends
Mar 27, 2016 11:29 PM
Aug 2015
Maximum Thrill indeed.

Satou is legitimately insane, lol. I love it.

Totally speechless. that was profuse levels of Magnificent Bastard. That was the whole episode for me right there.
Mar 28, 2016 3:41 AM

Mar 2013
Comic_Sans said:
Lmao @ the censorship

I'm eleven episodes in and I still don't see what makes this show so unique and fantastic that a big streaming provider like Netflix wants to stream it worldwide

I think they probably bought it because they bought Knights of Sidonia too. Gotta monopolise Polygon Pictures apparently.
Mar 28, 2016 4:05 AM

Mar 2014
straggy said:
Comic_Sans said:
Lmao @ the censorship

I think they probably bought it because they bought Knights of Sidonia too. Gotta monopolise Polygon Pictures apparently.
For what reason? They're not even a big studio and Ajin is a shitty Tokyo Phoul rip off, I doubt it's going to become popular

Netflix should monopolize Madhouse instead, it's much more popular in the West and working with them is most likely going to bring in much more $$$ for both parties
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 28, 2016 4:30 AM

Feb 2015
SemanticSPAM said:

Rate it 9/11

Haha, savage. ^^ x) Good one!
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2016

259 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

155 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

111 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

84 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.