Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2016 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mikado slightly scares me now lol, especially after that revelation.

Pretty rough episode. It's interesting how Mikado gets involved in the dramatic affairs yet he also suffers as well when confronted. Damn, this episode had quite the bit of tense drama. Can't wait to see how the finale goes down. Shizuo is still as awesome as ever. Just so damn awesome. Interesting to see Izaya back up again too with him confronting Shizuo one final time. I think Mikado honestly lost his damn mind this episode.
Stark700Mar 19, 2016 9:34 AM
Mar 19, 2016 7:56 AM

Nov 2007
Otaku girl contacted Saika lady.

Mixed group of people (more than I expected) are in Dollars now. Legendary group?

Otaku girl finally met up with the group. lol @ misunderstanding because of the red contacts.

HiroC's character vs. OnoD's character barging into the street.

FukuJun's character met Saika lady again. She confessed after seeing Celty's love, and he refused.

The group learning about what main guy did from that scarred guy.

lol @ Corarara!

Mamo's character being shot and main guy trying to commit suicide.

Finale next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 19, 2016 8:02 AM

Sep 2015
Dollars = Death by Ringtone

More Izaya running around away from Shizu... How is he still running after being hit like a baseball with a steel friggin beam

Karisawa finally back up with the van gang and the first thing they do is try to stab her.

Shingen's just so full of tricks isn't he =.=

Mikado and Masaomi with Mikado rejecting a place to come back to.

Kujiragi got rejected in the worst yet cutest way...?

Walker being the pyro he is and Anri got to escape to go to the two pretty beat up boys. Everyone right now is super beat up except the van gang dudes. Van confirmed fortress of defense.

Mikado finally breaking from shooting his bestfriend and now he's shot himself. Who's right I wonder- Is this Izaya's fault or would Mikado have led himself into this without him?

Such an intense episode, I was speechless for most of it.
Fresh_MintMar 19, 2016 8:06 AM
Mar 19, 2016 9:19 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Mikado's starting to get weird and crazy. Poor Kida ;_;. Lol, at the group believing that Erika is possessed. Still not enough Izaya vs. Shizuo. That ending!!! Mikado better not kill himself O_O

5/5
Mar 19, 2016 9:28 AM

Aug 2015
Wow that was a crazy episode. Izaya is still running away from Shizuo and it seems they'll settle things, hoping none of them die.
Mar 19, 2016 9:34 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Mikado is freaking insane O_O

I really don't want to see this series end though but the death flags have me terrified even
Mar 19, 2016 9:39 AM

Nov 2012
holy shit, this episode was crazy, so much shit went down. and oh god, i hope mikado doesn't actually kill himself! D:
Mar 19, 2016 9:40 AM

Aug 2010
Now that's an intense climax for ur ass ^^;

I hate gunshots followed by dark screens so much
U never know what happens after that lol

Izaya still playing around and Shizuo is more pissed than he's ever been b4 XD

Shinra's conversation with Kasanagi was nice too

Fav part was Walker flaming Izumi lolololol
Mar 19, 2016 9:43 AM

Mar 2012
this was a great reminder of how much i hate mikado and how much i love shinra
Mar 19, 2016 9:46 AM

Jun 2015
Cant believe its ending next week. This anime has been such a great experience. Im gonna miss it. I will be rewatching it in dub when the dub ends because i love this anime so much
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Mar 19, 2016 9:55 AM

Feb 2013
Mikado is crazy.
The fight between Izaya and Shizuo isn't over yet, can't he smash his head already, I really want to see that guy dead.
Mar 19, 2016 10:04 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That's one hell of a cliffhanger o.o
Mar 19, 2016 10:16 AM

Apr 2015
Mikado's finally lost it in his confrontation with Kida. He's been a really interesting character so far, but it's hard to see him die out of this. The action was at its peak this episode; sad to see the show ending so soon.
Mar 19, 2016 10:23 AM
Oct 2014
Wow, I wonder where Mikado got that glove gun thing from, I guess by running the dollars gives contacts from the dark web.

A bit of an anticlimax with the dollars meetup, just guys on motorbikes? Is it just me who expected something bigger?

Knew Mikado would try to kill himself for his 'perfect suicide' but never thought he would shoot Masaomi... Is he proving a point to himself or is he just loosing control? I normally love Mikado the more insane he becomes but he sounds like a whiny little boy... just wanted him to do something badass as the show has shown him becoming more like Izaya in both craziness and solitude.

Walker the Pyromaniac steels this episode woop woop

Can't wait for Izaya and Shizuo's 'death flag' battle to reach its climax.

Hope in the end Izaya who loves humans the most turns out not being human, imagine that? I hope there will be some final twists.

Maybe I should read the novels when over. Shame Durarara's manga hardly covers anything. After next week's episode is it the end for Durarara??? I will feel lost without it :o
Mar 19, 2016 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
NOOOOOOOO DURARARA IS ENDING NEXT WEEK.

Still a bit salty of course.

But holy fuck this episode was freaking intense as hell, and Mikado... is creeping me out to be honest. Not gonna lie.

THE CLIFFHANGER THO. WHY!
Mar 19, 2016 10:35 AM

Jan 2012
Mikado damn you I want to punch him so bad...

Anyway Izaya sure can move well after being blasted away by Shizuo lol
Mar 19, 2016 10:42 AM

Oct 2014
I knew it, Mikado is fucking insane, I don't think he's dead though.

lmao Kujiragi and Shinra are insane too but we already knew that
and Izaya and Shizuo....
wait were there any sane characters in this show to begin with???
Mar 19, 2016 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
Somehow, I am sad that this is ending next week.

Not pleased about the overall adaption distillation and faulty animation sequences, hopefully they'll fix the latter in the BD releases, at least? I will say I am happy to see it animated.

Kida and Masaomi's scenes were heart wrenching, I was on the verge of tears. Yeesh, Mikado's become quite the kook in his time of development. Both the VAs deliveries were giving me chills, props to Miyano and Toyonaga!

Erika's finally rescued. Oh my god, I love her description of Nasujima, "host hairstyle" lmao. It don't look so host-y with that fake beard. take that shit off, Nasujima, you better than that! Still seething with peeve that he aint getting nuff screentime, though. runs off into sunset with my hopes, dreams, and Haruna's limpid corpse

Poor Kasane and her unrequited love. Of course, who wouldn't love the awfully mad doctor who's Shinra? Only he could make rejection so cute.

Izumii, my son, coming back to bring more sociopathy. And then Walker and his "fire" extinguisher... heh heh. Guess Anri's goin' to the final showdown to find Mika and Masa, and Nasujima ofc.

They're really going to save Shizuo pummeling Izaya for the last episode, aren't they?! C'mon, do it already. Killl the bastardddd. Kiiiiilll him. I'm dyiiiing.

Animation this episode was better than its preceding one, I would say, at least. Not sure how well they're gonna wrap this up.
Mar 19, 2016 10:43 AM

Jun 2014
Wow Mikado has really become insane. He's changed so drastically from when we first saw him back in season 1.

Lol Walker, that crazy mofo with his fucking flamethrower. Lets see how this crazy shitstorm ends next week...
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 19, 2016 10:44 AM

Mar 2015
Wait... mikado shot himself?

Oh my god, so many death flags.
Mar 19, 2016 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
Inori_is_love said:

honestly, there weren't, and never will be any sane characters in this series. the closest thing to sane is celty, and she's insane by default for her creature status anyway. but if you put things into perspective, everyone everywhere in the world is a little insane. I like this series. It's an exhibition of humanity's great flaws.
Mar 19, 2016 10:45 AM

Aug 2008
Mikado is getting crazy. I hope he didn't die. Still more interested to see how Izaya vs Shizuo will end. LOL! Takashi shit his pants when he see Shizuo. Nice. Shizuo best character in Durarara.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 19, 2016 11:03 AM
Mar 2011
I like this anime even if there is no character I like, no character whose motivation I understand and no plotline I still follow. And now only one episode remains?

I hope that the title will finally be explained.

By the way, I don think they will be able to cover the whole story, because the last volume was published one month ago... Does that mean we will get a sequel?
Mar 19, 2016 11:05 AM

Jan 2014
Things escalated here. I'd normally say that Mikado is crazy, but then again he was never really sane from the start was he? Still those stunts he pulled wtf?

Am I the only one who laughed his ass-off at Yumazaki? That Innocentus lmao!

Also that small caliber gun? Interesting.........

And I'm glad that creepy Stalker was pissing his pants off at the sight of Shizuo. Hopefully he gets beaten again, this guy is disgusting.

naens said:
I like this anime even if there is no character I like, no character whose motivation I understand and no plotline I still follow. And now only one episode remains?

I hope that the title will finally be explained.

By the way, I don think they will be able to cover the whole story, because the last volume was published one month ago... Does that mean we will get a sequel?
From what I know this is all part of the "first series" there is a sequel called SH which started relatively recently.
Mar 19, 2016 11:13 AM

May 2015
Good episode.
Finally mikado uses his item, took him long enough. Although it was a bit underwhelming as he only used it once and starts breaking down.

And If they kill off a character please let it be that otaku idiot or shingen kishitani those two are annoying as hell. Preferably the otaku but either would be great.

also wtf is izaya trying to do by bringing shizuo there with all those people maybe hoping desperately that someone will help him?? anyway hes starting to get really annoying so I just want shizuo to finish him at this point.
IzumiiMar 19, 2016 11:16 AM
Mar 19, 2016 11:23 AM

Jul 2014
Why are they still dragging out Izaya and Shizuo's fight at this point? I don't give a damn how street smart Izaya is, he should have already long since been killed by the sheer power of Shizuo. Hopefully that finally happens next week to give that foul piece of dirt exactly what he deserves for all the crap he has pulled throughout this series.
Mar 19, 2016 11:37 AM

Apr 2011
how boring can this show be ._.
Mar 19, 2016 11:40 AM

Dec 2014
A ton of shit is gonna go down next week.
Mar 19, 2016 11:40 AM

May 2015
The last five minutes of this episode... Wow!

Mar 19, 2016 11:41 AM
Nov 2015
can't wait for next ep mikado isnt dead i hope not

Mar 19, 2016 11:41 AM

Nov 2013
Poor Masaomi. He couldn't accept the fact it was Mikado's true colors. :/
Idk if I missed a hint about the terrorist gun in some previous episode. That came out of nowhere lol

So many conflict near the end.... I wonder how they'll tie these up next week:

Kyohei's Gang vs Izamii
Anri heading towards rooftop
Shinra searching for Celty
The Russian Sushi restaurant vs Saika & Nasujima
Rocchi vs Bike gang
Izaya vs Shizuo

Pretty excited to see the end! I hope there aren't long flashbacks.
Mar 19, 2016 11:42 AM
Nov 2015
Nyanda said:
if its boring then don't watch it

Mar 19, 2016 11:42 AM

Mar 2012
taztinky said:
Wow, I wonder where Mikado got that glove gun thing from, I guess by running the dollars gives contacts from the dark web.

Shijima says he gave him shortly after Mikado shoots it.
KaiKatsuyaMar 19, 2016 11:47 AM
Mar 19, 2016 11:44 AM
Nov 2015
KiwiiGreen said:
Poor Masaomi. He couldn't accept the fact it was Mikado's true colors. :/
Idk if I missed a hint about the terrorist gun in some previous episode. That came out of nowhere lol

So many conflict near the end.... I wonder how they'll tie these up next week:

Kyohei's Gang vs Izamii
Anri heading towards rooftop
Shinra searching for Celty
The Russian Sushi restaurant vs Saika & Nasujima
Rocchi vs Bike gang
Izaya vs Shizuo

Pretty excited to see the end! I hope there aren't long flashbacks.
I have a feeling shinra will try to make celty remember him

Mar 19, 2016 11:52 AM

Apr 2011
Alan said:
Nyanda said:
if its boring then don't watch it

Mind your own business honey ;)
Just saying my opinion
Fanboys everywhere x'D
Mar 19, 2016 12:00 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was really intense. Mikado is really crazy and twisted, but I don't think it has died (or my mind don't want to believe he is dead).

Shinra and Kujiragi's talk was sweet. Poor Kujiragi, she only want to be loved :( And good for Walker saving the day against Izumii. I guess Anri will be the one to defeat Nasujima.

Izaya and Shizuo fight is close to end...

I can´t believe Durarara is going to end next week. Another void to my life :(

Inori_is_love said:
Tom come to my mind the first. He is just an average man in a not so average town.
Mar 19, 2016 12:18 PM

Jul 2015
Mikado turned to a freak. Intense af. Love how Kida literally tells us he loves Mikado in the beginning. Walker's flamethrower scene was hilarious. That cliffhanger tho. Hyped for last episode!
Mar 19, 2016 12:20 PM

May 2010
That was a very good episode.

The fight between Mikado and Kida was really nice. I wonder if he either missed or not.

Also Kasane smiling after being rejected was cute. I actually want someone to screencap that moment of her smiling to Shinra. <3

And I'm hyped for Shizuo vs. Izaya next week. There will be so much property damage.

It is a shame that it'll all be finished next week. :c
Still, great episode.
Mar 19, 2016 12:22 PM

Dec 2014
Mikadoooo.

Finale next week ;_;
Mar 19, 2016 12:45 PM

Sep 2010
Mikado you weird crazy selfish bastard O_O

Finale next... End of an era... I want more Ikebukuro :(
Mar 19, 2016 12:55 PM

Jul 2009
Wow Mikado...seriously? After all the shit you did in this part of the series?

Masaomi is finally doing something useful.

Walker never stops being one of the most amusing characters in DRRR.

Next week the final round between Shizuo vs Izaya, I can't wait for this.
Mar 19, 2016 1:12 PM

Oct 2008
If this was any other anime I would say that Mikado couldn't shot himself due to someone's interference (Perhaps Anri).

Being Durarara, I'm not entirely sure. Can't we just warp to the 12th ep right away?
Mar 19, 2016 1:41 PM

Nov 2011
Mikado is such a punk bitch. He trusts the wrong people, shoots Masaomi and then makes the statement that he could shoot Anri...like you fucking kidding me bro? Then you plan to go out like a coward...LIKE A COWARD and try to blow your brains out. This Plot is the lest entertaining.

Akabayashi is a boss and I want to know what he was planning, he definitely had plans to protect Mikado though, underrated character IMO.

That Erika and Kijiragi moment was good I like how even though she's somewhat evil she still has good intentions, like when she told Erika to get far away as possible.

Also are we gonna just ignore where Shingen pulled that sword from out of? I thought he was trying to sell it to Kijiragi? I guess Ill have to watch it again.

Walker is a boss with that Flamethrower!!!

That Shinnra and Kijiragi moment was cute, I wish she came into the series earlier, she may have been my favorite girl.

You can't beat Celty though <33
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 19, 2016 1:54 PM

Jun 2012
I'll hate the series if there is a skipping moments & bring us like "after month" or "after week" in the beginning of next episode
Mar 19, 2016 1:55 PM

Jun 2012
I don't think someone had interfered with last gun shot :( everyone seemed far away of that scene
Mar 19, 2016 2:01 PM

Jun 2008
seriously can't blame kida being fed up with all this mess
my baby ;-;

awesome ep but how will they end all these in one ep is making me wonder

Mar 19, 2016 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
this episode was crazy and so intense
and the ending ruined me ;_;

how am i supposed to be able to wait one week for the next episode, gah
Mar 19, 2016 2:36 PM

Dec 2013
I didn't understand a thing of what Mikado did or tried to do this whole season. Why is he trying to kill himself? If the dollars have no leader by definition what does he accomplish?

Also what's the purpose of cleansing the dollars if he lets the blue square in.
Mar 19, 2016 2:39 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Everyone is colliding in one area. This is complete chaos.
Lol Yumasaki restraining and thinking Karisawa was possessed by Saika and Anri was going to exorcise her.
Kida laying the beat down on Mikado, but he shoots him in the knee with a hidden gun.
Shizuo and Izaya in the center of all this chaos.

I love how Shinra expresses his love for Celty. Kujiragi confessing her feelings for him and getting rejected.

Izumi attacking Kadota and everyone in the van.
Freaking love Yumasaki. He is so crazy.

That cliffhanger at the end. How is this going to all end.
Final episode next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 19, 2016 2:45 PM

Jun 2009
its dragged out too long it sucks last ep izaya looks like he is about too pass out from pain and bloodloose close too the end and now he jumps around like nothing has happend a lil unreal and soo small pieces of the fight that it doesnt make sense i mean the ran across the hole town by now
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2016

117 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

260 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 10, 9:31 PM

» Favorite Durarara Character ( 1 2 )

daze3x - Feb 20, 2016

74 by Archfiend836 »»
Feb 13, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2016

85 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 3:04 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

95 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.