Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 15, 2016 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah nice, they went with the big match that everyone was waiting for.

There's definitely some improvement coming from Honan's team tbh. The training worked.
I think the music/soundtrack is overused a bit in some scenes but fits. The design of the obstacle courses has a more natural look to it. The transition of the flashbacks and present time added a bit of spiritual encouragement. Heh, not bad for Honan. Predictable but well deserved win.

Mar 15, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2007
Kimura-san's character thanked Nobu's character for recruiting him. Nobu's character said the they would join even without him inviting.

There are still people who cheers on them, not just idol team. The atmosphere is friendly as always, but yet a bit different. They are close to each other.

Nobu's character remembering his young time. Wait, it's the exact three of them? They were friendly before? They even made promise to go to exact high school to be in stride club! Wow, they defeated the idol team.

Live performance by idol team as ED (somehow cannot find the title listed).

Both of them finally remembered their promise. Final ep. with match against her father's team.
tsubasaloverMar 15, 2016 7:41 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 15, 2016 9:39 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
That was a really entertaining stride match, and the music really helped too. The opposing team was really friendly. Seems like Takeru, Riku and Sakurai knew each other a long time ago. Also, fireworks!

4/5
GoldenDevilGamerMar 15, 2016 9:47 AM
Mar 15, 2016 9:50 AM

Apr 2015
Honan won with great effort; could've seen it coming a long way, but it's nice how they interact with the other team with sportsmanship. Interesting how the main three have known each other back then.
Mar 15, 2016 9:57 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Sonnetica said:
Honan won with great effort; could've seen it coming a long way, but it's nice how they interact with the other team with sportsmanship. Interesting how the main three have known each other back then.
Same here on all accounts

Really proud of Honan
Mar 15, 2016 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
That was a really entertainment match!

Takeru, Riku and Sakurai knew each other a long time ago!
Mar 15, 2016 11:03 AM

Sep 2015
This match is soooo epic !
I hope the last episode will be as exciting as this one
Mar 15, 2016 11:14 AM

Apr 2010
It was obvious Riku and Takeru met before from Takeru's memories (even if just flashbacks). Nana was a surprise though. At the beginning I thought Riku lost his memory for some reason... but they came up with just horrible excuse... I mean, really? It's at their names changes or anything. Takeru didn't even take his glasses off (not all the time anyway). But still, nice episode.

Mar 15, 2016 11:52 AM

Dec 2014
Honan won, Expected I guess. Loved the flying relation exchange between Kuga and Kohinata.

Nice to see that the trio remembered each other and their promise.

Honestly I felt Saisei was stronger, They've been together longer, Practiced more and they're not exactly one of those scumbag teams who shit on team work and interaction, Moreover Honan aren't the only ones who wanted to connect emotions xD.
So strictly speaking I feel Saisei should have been the winners :P
But well theres's plot progression and stuff so I don't really mind Honan winning as well.

Based on what Riku says for wanting to run with Tomoe again, Possible Riku vs Tomoe next episode, That should be interesting.
Mar 15, 2016 11:54 AM

Jun 2014
A predictable win, but it was still exciting to watch. Now all that's left is to beat Riku's brother's team, which should most likely be more entertaining in comparison to this.

Also pretty interesting how the 3 of them knew each other back then, but really, they didn't recognize Takeru because he changed too much? He still looks EXACTLY the same.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 15, 2016 12:01 PM

Sep 2013
They won and they remembered each other :'(
Poor Reiji and his Illuminati squad, but they were good sports :'(

Kuga here with the weekly weather report :)

Mar 15, 2016 12:22 PM

Oct 2014
Despite them using a lot of "insert music", or there being a lot of presence of a soundtrack, I love it! It was stellar as fuck as usual. The thing is I feel like with the type of series this is, it works. If it were a series, let us say like Boku Dake for instance, it might be a problem. But this is a sports anime, and most importantly one based on an a game, so it's not really too much of a major issue.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode way more than I anticipated. Was very fun and entertaining. Some good interaction with the cast of characters. A good win by Honan!
Mar 15, 2016 12:34 PM

Sep 2010
Riku basically helped make Takeru the extreme Stride enthusiast he is now. XD
I like that Riku and Nana called Takeru by his first name once they remembered their childhood memories together.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Mar 15, 2016 12:39 PM

Sep 2012
Wish this series was at least 24 eps! Would like to see them go through much harder obstacles to get faster :>
Mar 15, 2016 12:45 PM

Oct 2015
Excellent match!
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Mar 15, 2016 1:04 PM
FAL made me

Oct 2012
If only I could pull off a three way high five as smooth as that...
Mar 15, 2016 2:07 PM
Nov 2014
Predictable but nevertheless worth watching! The music was on point too.

4/5
Mar 15, 2016 2:57 PM
Jul 2015
This was great! i really liked this ep, i found myself cheering for hounan even when i know they were going to win anyway xD
Mar 15, 2016 2:59 PM

Jun 2014
We're just now learning that the 3 main characters all knew each other 7 years ago? And just learned a few episodes ago that Riku and Nana even had previous backgrounds in Stride. Kinda poorly written.
Mar 15, 2016 3:32 PM

Jun 2014
Am I the only one who thinks the whole plot point about how Nana, Riku, and Takeru knew each other before 7 years ago is really contrived? I mean, it's interesting, but it just feels forced in the show just to make it seem that these 3 have an everlasting bond.

Overall, this was on the same level as last week's episode. Had some good elements to it, but I wasn't fully wowed by it. Though Kadowaki was hilarious (though he didn't appear a lot), and the course was pretty cool. It reminded me of Princess Peach's castle, but with a few extra things.
DazzlingAnime1Jun 17, 2016 4:42 PM
Mar 15, 2016 3:51 PM

Sep 2014
Fun episode.

Honan on to victory?
Mar 15, 2016 4:25 PM

Feb 2015
DazzlingAnime1 said:
Am I the only one who thinks the whole plot point about how Nana, Riku, and Takeru knew each other before 7 years ago seems to be really contrived? I mean, it's interesting, but it just feels forced in the show just to make it seem that these 3 have an everlasting bond.

Overall, this was on the same level as last week's episode. Had some good elements to it, but I wasn't fully wowed by it.
This is me. It's just rather predictable. The race was fine and all but it isn't like, say, Haikyuu!! or something.
Mar 15, 2016 9:01 PM

Oct 2011
Honan won AHHHHH Cried my eyes when they finally remembered their promise to win End of Summer T__T
Mar 15, 2016 9:04 PM

Jul 2015
Really cool race! Will they win end if summer? We'll see.
Mar 15, 2016 9:10 PM

Jan 2015
Aww, the Episode started with a "confession". How... romantic?
So they really have a "past" together as a team, I thought the flashback before was just imagination or something like that. At least now confirmed that they win the EOS has nothing to do with "Fate", it's a "Promise".
MasceraMar 15, 2016 9:15 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 15, 2016 9:21 PM

Jul 2009
Really glad they won (it was obvious) but idc what anyone says Tomoe should still win the final. If he loses it's really just a plot device to make the MCs win. I'd only believe Tomoe loses if all the runners before him lost their rounds and made him start extremely behind.
Mar 15, 2016 9:30 PM

Jan 2016

..wow, was Takeru really that forgettable?
uh, how does one do a three-way high five?
nvraveeMar 17, 2016 1:32 AM
Mar 15, 2016 10:01 PM

Nov 2014
tsubasalover said:

Live performance by idol team as ED (somehow cannot find the title listed).

it's You're My Courage.

One of the official twitters tweeted about how the pace was quickened because there's only two episodes left and they jad to shorten it but in the novels the part where the three met at some stride event was better explained. I still don't get how Riku says Takeru changed a lot when he literally looked the same, glasses and all lol. There were other differences im not too happy about but i'm glad they won.

Im with everyone who says they shouldn't win against Kakyoin. Thats just way too easy. Heck it took them a lot to even be on par to Saisei and then magically they win against Kakyoin? Too easy.

Those noodle buns might've been Reiji's downfall lol
Mar 15, 2016 11:02 PM

Nov 2007
ktzn said:
it's You're My Courage.

Thank you. I did check on youtube to see if it sounded similar (I know it's one of the two coupling songs of anime ED single), but wasn't any luck.
tsubasaloverMar 15, 2016 11:07 PM
Mar 15, 2016 11:42 PM

Nov 2012
DazzlingAnime1 said:
Am I the only one who thinks the whole plot point about how Nana, Riku, and Takeru knew each other before 7 years ago seems to be really contrived? I mean, it's interesting, but it just feels forced in the show just to make it seem that these 3 have an everlasting bond.

i agree, the show didn't really need this imo. but i guess they needed some "power of friendship" type of magic to make them win.
Mar 16, 2016 2:53 AM

Nov 2014
I can't find the name of the song that plays in the start when they introduce Saisei and Honan. It's really really nice so if anyone knows please hit me up.

I really really wish this anime was longer. It had potential if only it was longer and they could've drawn more development instead of dragging things quickly like this :(
Mar 16, 2016 5:23 AM

Oct 2015
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
We're just now learning that the 3 main characters all knew each other 7 years ago? And just learned a few episodes ago that Riku and Nana even had previous backgrounds in Stride. Kinda poorly written.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one thinking that. It's like they completely forgot about the childhood past while focusing on the brother drama and suddenly remembered that: "Oh, crap, we introduced the flashback in the episode 7 and did not develop it after. Gotta do it now then"

Plus, the whole " we new each other 7 years before but completely forgot about everything" stuff, it's just so unbelievable. I know it's anime but still. If it's not slightly realistic, how am I supposed to care about the characters ?

Mar 16, 2016 5:40 AM

Mar 2008
I hope they'll lsoe but pretty sure they'll win the finals.

and WTF they were childhood friends?? and they didn't know each other? (or they do? I don't remember)
Mar 16, 2016 5:52 AM

Jun 2013
that was intense and they won of course they did
Mar 16, 2016 6:34 AM

Oct 2008
Decent ep. I liked the flashbacks to the past during their run, I thought it was done nicely.

This episode was pretty thanks to a theme park being the venue of their race. But I thought the running course itself was rather dull, most of it was simply running. Would like to see more gimmicks incorporated like in the race against Ichijokan otherwise it doesn't really feel like stride.

I wonder how the final match will go. At their current level where they barely beat Saisei, it's not going to be very convincing if they win Kakyoin just with "connected feelings".
Mar 16, 2016 10:10 AM

Jan 2012
So they actually even participated in Stride together when they were kids??!! How did the other 2 forget that...
They're saying he changed too much but it's not like Riku and Nana remember each other either ><

Oh and how come it's already the semi-finals??!! I really feel like I missed something...
Mar 16, 2016 12:24 PM
Jul 2013
OumaShuKun said:
Wish this series was at least 24 eps! Would like to see them go through much harder obstacles to get faster :>

I completely agree! And if it was 24 eps, they could have developed the backstory a little better too hahaha still love this anime so much!!!
Mar 16, 2016 12:30 PM
Jul 2013
Gawd I didn't breath the entire episode! JK i was hyperventilating hahah XD

But, seriously I loved this episode. First of all, I'm a sucker for a good rival (team) that is supportive, but brings out the best in the underdog.

I also enjoyed the childhood flashback/backstory. I honestly wish it was developed/executed better, but I'll take since it's already episode 11 in a 12 episode series.

At first I didn't like all the music inserts, but they grew on me (or maybe conditioned me?). Every time I hear the musical insert, I get emotional hahahah

Can't wait for the finale!!! I know it's unrealistic or too easy/convenient for them to beat kakoyin, but can I please get my happy ending and have them win?! GIVE ME HAPPY CLOSURE.
Mar 17, 2016 5:37 AM

May 2013
Im guessing they gonna go with Riku against his brother which will decide the winner,but if honan wins it's kind of an asspull.They were behind 8 seconds last time and you cant fix that big of a lead under a month..but it's anime so everything can happen
Lead me out of the dark,bishounen space Jesus.
Mar 17, 2016 6:25 AM

Sep 2013
Lyrisia said:
So they actually even participated in Stride together when they were kids??!! How did the other 2 forget that...
They're saying he changed too much but it's not like Riku and Nana remember each other either ><

Oh and how come it's already the semi-finals??!! I really feel like I missed something...

The anime maybe cut it
Mar 17, 2016 6:52 AM

Jan 2012
desertkona said:
Lyrisia said:

The anime maybe cut it

Maybe but then it makes no sense... what kind of tournament is that?
Start tournament -> no matches against other schools -> oh semi-finals already yay
Not showing them is okay but at least mention it... and how come they even had time to practice like that right in the middle of the tournament? Should have matches! oh well
Mar 17, 2016 7:57 AM

Nov 2013
rayeine said:
DazzlingAnime1 said:

Overall, this was on the same level as last week's episode. Had some good elements to it, but I wasn't fully wowed by it.
This is me. It's just rather predictable. The race was fine and all but it isn't like, say, Haikyuu!! or something.

haikyuu is boring af, at least prinstide is entertaining

My momma, your momma, gonna catch a witch,
My momma, your momma, flying on a switch,
My momma, your momma, witches never cry,
My momma, your momma, witches gonna die!

AWC 2017 | Anime list | Manga list
Mar 17, 2016 8:28 AM

Jun 2015
That flagpole shortcut was badass.
:)
Mar 17, 2016 9:50 AM
Dec 2014
Does anyone knows what day the OST will be out ????
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2016 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
H-X-H said:
Does anyone knows what day the OST will be out ????
First OST will be included in Vol.4 of the BD & DVD to release on June 24, 2016 and second OST in Vol.5 of the BD & DVD to release July 27, 2016.
Mar 17, 2016 10:24 AM

Feb 2015
yaoi_senpai said:
rayeine said:

Shrug. You're opinion is your own I guess. For me, pos isn't that entertaining since it embodies all of the major sports anime tropes with nothing that makes it stand out.
Mar 17, 2016 12:24 PM

Feb 2015
that was a really intense and great game overall!!! GG!!! probably the best so far :D
i like the way the director put the conclusion about their past with that game, it was somewhat looked cool and awsome to me :D
overall this episode was a great one even though i knew who will win in this epiosde, in that race :D but the way they raced, it was really awsome and intense :D
Mar 17, 2016 3:50 PM
Dec 2014
yaoi_senpai said:
rayeine said:

Just got cancer from that comment
Mar 17, 2016 3:51 PM
Dec 2014
Made literally no sense, they introduced each other in the first few episodes like theyd never met before. Dumb execution of what was meant to be a plot twist
Mar 17, 2016 6:08 PM

Nov 2013
MadRoosterr said:
yaoi_senpai said:

Just got cancer from that comment
hope you get better soon fam

My momma, your momma, gonna catch a witch,
My momma, your momma, flying on a switch,
My momma, your momma, witches never cry,
My momma, your momma, witches gonna die!

AWC 2017 | Anime list | Manga list
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2016

157 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 14, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2016

53 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 8, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2016

56 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 6, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2016

72 by vadoyager7 »»
Jan 27, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2016

62 by vadoyager7 »»
Jan 24, 7:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.