Forum Settings
Forums

What kind of protagonist you dislike the most?

New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 12, 2016 10:27 AM

Jul 2015
Z-Dante said:
Ummmm. I was going to say onii-sama , but his followers are running wild in this forum so batter not.

So I'll just go with the emotionless Harem MC . Like the Haganai one

Do you want to be rekt m8 ?How dare you not enjoy watching Onii-sama .Good work @GesuYarou for bringing this heretic to my attention .

As of right now I'm unhealthy due to some dangerous pictures posted by someone on my profile .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Mar 12, 2016 10:30 AM

Jul 2013
SodiumChloride said:
Z-Dante said:
Ummmm. I was going to say onii-sama , but his followers are running wild in this forum so batter not.

So I'll just go with the emotionless Harem MC . Like the Haganai one

Do you want to be rekt m8 ?How dare you not enjoy watching Onii-sama .Good work @GesuYarou for bringing this heretic to my attention .

As of right now I'm unhealthy due to some dangerous pictures posted by someone on my profile .
Go, Dragon! Show that pleb why Onii-sama is the God we need, but we don't deserve.

Btw, those Sakura images in your profile are overkill xD
Mar 12, 2016 10:33 AM
Feb 2016
Lellouch vi Britannia the 98th emperor of the Britanian empire....
Mar 12, 2016 10:33 AM
Dec 2013
Protagonists like Spike Spiegel and Gintoki Sakata.
Mar 12, 2016 10:38 AM
Jan 2016
I don't like protagonists that only show their true power in a pinch. I absolutely hate it when an MC is normally of average strength, but then gets a complete ass-pull at the very last moment of the fight during which he was on the losing side for the majority of the time. It makes me feel like the victory wasn't even deserved because the MC had his ass kicked only to then land one good shot on the enemy and boom, hero of the universe! It gets even worse if the ass-pull is only temporary and then the MC's power level reverts back to normal. If you're going to get new powers then at least keep them goddammit!

It actually makes me kinda like characters that are OP like Onii-sama or Kirito. The latter is actually a cool character in his own right too though.
Mar 12, 2016 10:40 AM

Jul 2015
Illyricus said:
SodiumChloride said:

Go, Dragon! Show that pleb why Onii-sama is the God we need, but we don't deserve.

Strider is vicious .

My stomach is cramping .

It's pretty bad .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Mar 12, 2016 10:51 AM

Aug 2015
SodiumChloride said:
Illyricus said:

Strider is vicious .

My stomach is cramping .

It's pretty bad .
I feel for you bro. Need some Ayumi and Pizza Sauce to cure the cancer ?

And I did say I don't want to get rekt right now. Maybe later when I get enough evidence why and how Onii-sama isn't a good MC.
Never said I didn't enjoy watching him. I laugh everytime when he goes op. Man , so hilarious !!!
Z-DanteMar 12, 2016 10:59 AM
Mar 12, 2016 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
KaoruMatsuoka said:
Preachy heroes. I hate how stories continually treat them as if they are the sole arbiter of what's right and wrong even though morality is far more complicated than that. Police officers don't preach to criminals in real life, why should a high schooler be continually lecturing villains on how they didn't live their life correctly? Who is he to decide that?

So much this

Gluzin said:
Emotionless protagonists who do nothing to obtain the things they have, for example, when someone is already the most OP guy ever without even training or when an harem lead gets all the girls falling for him when's a completely average person. It's specially bad when it's the both of them combined. .

And so much this (minus the emotionless part)

And this isn't really a dislike more like a pet peeve is super bland looking MC's appearance wise. Ya know basically kinda spikey black/brown hair and black eyes and has a completely average body. Like I get the whole "wanna relate to the viewer/reader" thing, but when dozens if not hundreds of novels have the same similar looking MC at that point it just feels lazy. Though that's not to say all the MC's with these traits are bad.
Mar 12, 2016 11:16 AM

Jul 2014
Somuchgamer said:
Mayuka said:
Name starts with K and ends in "irito"
Where is the like button? Myanimelist we want a like button!
Here you go: asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf
Mar 12, 2016 11:50 AM

Mar 2016
EpicShonenGuy said:
Somuchgamer said:
There will always be a protagonist that we hate. I personally hate that overpowered super lucky character that gained a super power but its classified as the weakest until he sees a girl naked and everyone see that he is overpowered
That is a very specific description of all magical/school type anime
Exactly, that was the intention. But not Zero no Tsukaima.

Mar 12, 2016 9:32 PM

Jul 2015
I must admit, that Yuki from Mirai Nikki for majority of the series is just a pussy.
Dude from Aokana is there just for shits and giggles.
Also every single oblivious Harem Protagonist-kun.

But the king of douches in my opinion is Haruta from HaruChika.
"I solved the puzzle that I made up myself! I'm so cool!"
PiromyslMar 15, 2016 1:38 PM

Mar 12, 2016 9:39 PM

Aug 2008
Gary Stu protagonist like Tatsuya.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 12, 2016 9:39 PM
No Drop Hell

Sep 2011
Piromysl said:

I laughed. Nice.

I don't enjoy the bland yet ridiculously overpowered MCs (with big harems) who can all be interchanged with each other. Kirito from SAO, Ayato from Gakusen, Yuu from Fafnir etc. etc.
Mar 12, 2016 9:41 PM
Feb 2016
VividlyVisceral said:
Piromysl said:

I laughed. Nice.

I don't enjoy the bland yet ridiculously overpowered MCs (with big harems) who can all be interchanged with each other. Kirito from SAO, Ayato from Gakusen, Yuu from Fafnir etc. etc.

yeah...like totally....

it gets soo pointless in the end....
Mar 12, 2016 9:54 PM

Jun 2015
shinji akari archetype, the whiny complain a lot typa character with nothing to show for
Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen
Mar 12, 2016 9:54 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
its pretty damn obvious why this was asked lol

Ichika from IS.....
Mar 12, 2016 10:08 PM

May 2014
OP arrogant characters and cry babies
Mar 12, 2016 10:11 PM

Mar 2016
I can answer this question in two words.

Makoto Itou.
Mar 12, 2016 10:17 PM
Feb 2016
Hylia_Tofu said:

Makoto Itou.

yeah i understand the feeling......haha
Mar 12, 2016 10:21 PM
Jan 2016
I don't like protagonists who are boring right off the bat or very annoying. I've stopped watching anime because I got bored too quickly and normally it's due to the main character.
Mar 12, 2016 10:51 PM

Dec 2012
GesuYarou said:
The token dense harem MC who keeps falling on one of the harem members boobs & can't think with his head instead of his dick for once..
"Why are her boobs in my hands? Why is her face red? Does groping her cause fevers?" Says Ichika as I blow my brains out.

@ Topic - I'm not really bothered by any particular type, they just need to fit the scenario. An overpowered character shouldn't exist in a series that requires tension whereas a wimpy lead can't carry a show where characters need to be capable (i.e. Monster, Psycho-Pass).
Mar 13, 2016 12:01 AM

May 2015
Self-insert protagonists with no personality who only exist for the sake of moving the plot forward.

Sweet jesus.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Mar 13, 2016 12:20 AM

Dec 2008
Whiny characters like Gundam Seed's Kira.
Mar 13, 2016 12:37 AM
Nov 2015
The type who is always right. Whatever actions he commits, in the end it would always be justified or with no real consequences.

The type who are overpowered because they usually boring and bland as they tend to resort to violence as a solution to everything. A might make right theme.

The weak ones who are all bite and no bark.

Mary Sues/Gary Sues

The one's go get's all the chicks because he so happens to be "kind". It's that small of a world apprently. Okay i understand being kind is essential, but at least make it difficult or gradual for our protagonist.

One's with no personality, and even if they do have one it would only be to an extent where the audiuence would have a hard time to empathize with.

Whiny and edgy protagonist's.

Last but not least, the one's who has little to no character development in any shape or form throughout the series.
AnimatteMar 13, 2016 1:09 AM
Mar 13, 2016 12:54 AM
Jul 2018
A lot of reverse-harem game adaption protags. Although in particular I highlight the bitches from Diabolik Lovers and Amnesia respectively. Those hos just let men murder and nearly rape them, and do nothing. I feel like cringing watching that. Of course, that's hardly the main reason why both of those series failed on epic levels, and that's coming from someone who used to love bishie fodder....

Some anime harem protags (males) have no distinguishing traits whatsoever and are literal self inserts as well, except they make matters worse by unrealistically being pined at by every fucking female, often in the most sexually perverted ways, and it's just... urgh. If a guy in a romcom or a series with mainly females is INTERESTING, I don't have a problem, but if he bores me to tears and is a spineless jellyfish who doesn't even have redeemable looks about him, then why the hell is the show even worth anything? Might as well just show a bunch of women bearing their breasts bare to the screen instead since he's pretty much a useless bobble. There are some harem protags I can stand or even like, but the reason I drop most ecchi harem shit is because of guys like this.

A lot of characters in kiddie anime annoy the fuck out of me or make me yawn. See basically why I dropped YGO, CFV, Inazuma, or any of that shit. YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAWN. Child's play.

Makoto Itou is in a category of his own.

Relinquished- said:
Harem protagonist that don't do shit. Actually, 95% of them. I even kind of dislike Araragi from the Monogatari series because I don't find him interesting in the slightest. He has little to origin or backstory, and if he does its tied into the other characters. And he himself seemingly has no problems, but rather fixes someone else's. I find him rather dull. >_>

I like Araragi because of his willingness to help others, actually, despite the fact that I usually love much more arrogant and jerky guys in anime (although I love softies to some extent as well). Also, how he continually acts just like himself despite the fact that he's surrounded by oddities possessing people he meets and knows left and right. And maybe... no.. definitely, his perversions. I think Kizu will really change a lot of people's perceptions of him due to the fact that it'll actually show his past as a vampire. All this time the other arcs have just tiptoed around it and never really delved into the actual events of his transformation and his meeting with Kiss-shot, Kizu'll be the first part to actually dip further into that backstory.
Mar 13, 2016 1:27 AM
Nov 2015
gavvoru said:
As a few of you already mentioned, it's either the spineless "accidental perv" main character that has a whole harem for no particular reason or the MC with extreme plotarmor that's way too op, either without trying at all or trying with "the power of friendship" or some other shit like that.

Funny enough, Kirito fits perfectly into both categories.

"okay people were going to have this one guy surrounded and loved by these young and cute schoolgirls with nice bodies but it is okay... because he is not a pervert!"

I like my perverted mc's to be honest with who they are, at the same time funny.
Mar 13, 2016 3:26 AM

Sep 2015
Dense idiots. There's only so much idiocy I can stomach.

Gary Stus like Tatsuya and Kirito.

Wimpy characters that never develop or progress, like Yukiteru.

Justice characters, because they're illogical and view the world in black and white.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 13, 2016 3:32 AM

Jul 2013
Hylia_Tofu said:

Makoto Itou.

The question is, are there even any other protagonist that fvcks his entire harem like Makoto?
Mar 13, 2016 3:39 AM

Jul 2013
the never give up types
the never give up types

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Mar 13, 2016 3:39 AM

Mar 2014
Moroha from Seiken Tsukai no World Break
I hate him so much.
Stand_Alone_VoidMar 13, 2016 6:29 AM

"What?"
Mar 13, 2016 3:57 AM
Mar 2016
A protagonist like issei from highschool dxd..
Mar 13, 2016 4:04 AM

Apr 2015
The one that values friendship over all
I am not the one at fault, the world is
Mar 13, 2016 4:08 AM
Sep 2015
The usual shounen protagonist, who is dense and naive, tries hard, always happy, forgives too easily and puts his friends above all else, oh and by the way they consider EVERYONE they've ever talked to apart from the villains to be their friends. In real society these people end up being taken advantage of and will ultimately fail in their lives.
Mar 13, 2016 4:11 AM

Jul 2015
Boyish protags with a female VA that keeps on crying and being pathetic. Yukiteru from Mirai Nikki is one particularly horrid example. Armin from AoT isn't the protagonist but he almost made quit the show when he was whining during his first battle with titans.
Mar 13, 2016 4:25 AM

Dec 2012
Schizophrenic characters that are cowardly wussies one minute and badass the next. (Vash from Trigun)
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Mar 13, 2016 4:34 AM

Jul 2014
Generic, overpowered and idealistic Gary Stus are awful and I also dislike shallow Shinji Ikari-ripoffs intensely (eg: Yukki Amano).
Take care of yourself

Mar 13, 2016 5:08 AM

Dec 2015
Perverted harem MCs, and wimpy harem MCs, with girls clinging to them like lampreys for no good reason, other than the fact that "he's the protagonist".

There needs to be a GOOD reason why all the girls like a protagonist, not just the "he's nice, or he saved me" reason. He ought to be a guy with a fairly normal personality, a guy with a backbone that also shows restraint 'till he picks a girl, at which point he should commence screwing her till morning.

The protagonist from Yosuga no Sora comes to mind, who, despite not getting too much character development, and, some other flaws, he actually knows what he wants in most of the routes, but he shows some restraint early on, before getting the girl, and getting the P.

Oh, and 75% of Shonen MCs are terrible as well.
Mar 13, 2016 6:09 AM

Aug 2014
vonRichington said:
Perverted harem MCs, and wimpy harem MCs, with girls clinging to them like lampreys for no good reason, other than the fact that "he's the protagonist".
Definitely this! Most generic bland harem MCs that are dense af, can't do crap and still gets every single chick annoys me.
Mar 13, 2016 6:16 AM

Jan 2014
Weak male main character that protected by stronger female main character. Ex : Emiya Shirou, Eren Jaeger, Amano Yukiteru.
Mar 13, 2016 6:34 AM

Jul 2013
HiatusXHiatus said:
Weak male main character that protected by stronger female main character. Ex : Emiya Shirou, Eren Jaeger, Amano Yukiteru.

The only instances Shirou was saved by Rin was during his near death experience with Lancer and his battle with Rider which was understandable since it happened like in the EARLIEST episodes of the anime.
Mar 13, 2016 6:46 AM

Nov 2013
Dumbass MC's who think it's okay to sacrifice everything for their own selfish reasons.
Mar 13, 2016 7:01 AM

Jan 2014
Tenshi_Shura said:
HiatusXHiatus said:

The only instances Shirou was saved by Rin was during his near death experience with Lancer and his battle with Rider which was understandable since it happened like in the EARLIEST episodes of the anime.
Near death or not, Shiro still weaker than Rin and Saber. I've been waiting very long to see his badassness in episode 20.
Mar 13, 2016 7:10 AM
Jul 2018
Goddamn Mary Sue / Gary Stu. Yuck...
Mar 13, 2016 7:11 AM

Jul 2013
HiatusXHiatus said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

Near death or not, Shiro still weaker than Rin and Saber. I've been waiting very long to see his badassness in episode 20.

Rin surpasses Shirou as a magus but as a fighter Shirou wins and it's only natural for Saber to protect him since she's his servant after all.
Mar 13, 2016 7:18 AM

Jan 2014
Tenshi_Shura said:
HiatusXHiatus said:

Rin surpasses Shirou as a magus but as a fighter Shirou wins and it's only natural for Saber to protect him since she's his servant after all.
I agree, but the point is Shiro still weaker than them. I didn't dislike Fate Stay Night, I just explain my criteria of protagonist that I disliked, Shiro is the example from one of them.
Mar 13, 2016 7:21 AM

May 2013
A protagonist who doesn't have any redeeming qualities and doesn't change.
Mar 13, 2016 7:27 AM

Feb 2016
I hate it when the protagonist is obviously in love with someone and that person is also in love with the protagonist but they're to afraid to do shit.

Mar 14, 2016 6:30 PM

Jan 2015
Wimpy MCs that the only thing they do is cry and have to rely on everyone else

OR

MC who kicks the shit out of their opponent and then helps them up and is like "you alright man?" I hate how trusting they are to everyone
Mar 14, 2016 6:38 PM

Sep 2010
your favorite characthers are the ones i hate the most.
except if you like gintoki. then we're good

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Mar 14, 2016 6:41 PM

Feb 2016
Personally, I dislike good-natured protags with edgy exteriors.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 28 minutes ago

5 by delirific »»
34 seconds ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

52 by Punkero »»
41 seconds ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 minutes ago

0 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
4 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - Today

49 by Deknijff »»
7 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

12 by Ratris_Decision »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.