Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 11, 2016 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol a movie with a trip to the onsen? Hello fan service~

I liked the intro of the movie though especially seeing some old school characters like Ogremon and the Digimon Emperor. Meiccomon (Mei-chan) is a strange little creature.

I got thrilling feel with this movie especially seeing the real world military clash against Digimon. Apparently, the plot involves "infected Digimon"? Weird. Mimi was pretty fun to watch especially with her plans at school. Her chemistry with Joe is also kinda noticeable. I think the movie connected well in terms of storytelling for at least with the events of the present storytelling. Leomon's pretty awesome, just seeing him again in action brings back childhood memories. I find Joe's characterization in the movie to be a bit odd but understandable as he is at stage in his life where he's ready to be an adult. On a lighter note, the school festival's outfits looked adorable lol

I almost forgot how awesome it's to see the Digi-evolutions again. Classic. Vikemon is freaking awesome. The cliffhanger with the Mei-chan sets up nicely for the next movie.
Stark700Mar 11, 2016 9:28 AM
Mar 11, 2016 10:18 AM
Oct 2014
Awesome! The means to unlocking Mega Digivolution: "Those who desire true power must know the darkness, and go beyond"!

YAY VIKEMON AND ROSEMON!

But, in that case, what about Taichi (Tai) and Yamato(Matt)? They already unlock their Megas (and beyond), so what's the point for that strange riddle to them? I get their "darkness" part (Taichi especially), but is there a point for "desire true power and go beyond" for their Digimon since they already unlock their Megas (and beyond).
Mar 11, 2016 10:22 AM

Oct 2008
Enjoyed it thoroughly, though I had my nitpicks. Am I the only one annoyed by the fact that they didn't Warp Evolve, but Ultimate Evolved instead? Like seriously, how much cooler would that have been? I was also hoping to see how they'd handle the Warp Evolution sequence, but nope. Now it makes the "Complete" Selection Animation Digivice annoyingly "Incomplete". (See what I did there?)

Leomon died again. Yup. That's the tradition they chose to stick with? (^.^;)

Yes, Maki (the female agent) is in on the entire thing. She deliberately leaves Meicoomon in a place where Ken could pick her up and smiles when Meicoomon evolves.
Mar 11, 2016 10:26 AM
Oct 2014
Actar said:
Enjoyed it thoroughly, though I had my nitpicks. Am I the only one annoyed by the fact that they didn't Warp Evolve, but Ultimate Evolved instead? Like seriously, how much cooler would that have been? I was also hoping to see how they'd handle the Warp Evolution sequence, but nope. Now it makes the "Complete" Selection Animation Digivice annoyingly "Incomplete". (See what I did there?)

Leomon died again. Yup. That's the tradition they chose to stick with? (^.^;)

Yes, Maki (the female agent) is in on the entire thing. She deliberately leaves Meicoomon in a place where Ken could pick her up and smiles when Meicoomon evolves.

I don't really mind too much regarding it be Mega/Ultimate instead of Warp Digivolution (animation was nicer; compare to Champion/Adult digivolution). An example is how they did a Ultimate Evolution with Paildramon to Imperialdramon.

That's what I thought regarding Leomon. Seriously, Again? The "Leomon death flag pattern?"
bkim999Mar 11, 2016 10:33 AM
Mar 11, 2016 10:34 AM
Apr 2014
This movie focuses on Mimi and Joe, I thought they would continue having the spotlight on Yamato and Taichi only.
Palmon and Gomamon finally reach their mega level, maybe Joe can finally stop being a faggot now.
They didn't seem all that shocked to see Ken put up the digimon emperor act again, it's as if they never befriended the 02 kids.
2 Mega and Leomon ganging up on Imperial dramon, that's not nice.
And Leomon is dead, good to see that they respect the Digimon tradition.
Meh Meicoomon joins the dark side, so far we have very little development on the antagonists side.
I prefered the 1st movie.

Totally didn't hand over Meicoomon to Ken.
Drake1000Mar 11, 2016 10:41 AM
Mar 11, 2016 10:48 AM

Oct 2008
Okay. The Ultimate Evolutions are pissing me off more than it should.

I mean, I get why they did it (they wanted to show off Ikkakumon's evolution and the Super Evolutions as well, blah, blah, blah) but man is it really vexing. It took so much away from the end sequence for me and it's leaving a bitter taste in my mouth. After thinking about it for some time, I think I know why.

Firstly, there's no zero-to-hero comeback. Yes, it's cliched, but that's what's good about Digimon. When all odds are against them, they rise to the occasion and that giant leap in power is what gives viewers the catharsis. That was sorely lacking with the long, drawn-out evolutions. The step-by-step evolutions were alright in the first movie, because Agumon and Gabumon evolved in quick succession. It could easily be taken as a out-of-stock-animation Warp Evolution and it was done very fluidly. Not so in this movie.

Next, the evolution sequences hardly did anything to distinguish itself from one another. I honestly don't want to draw comparisons to the original, because people will think I want everything to be the same, which isn't the case, but hear me out. Just look at how much more unique and flashy the evolutions were in the original. You really did feel that something amazing was happening with the more powerful evolutions because they had special intos, CG animation, backgrounds, etc... In Tri? Nothing. More gold rings in the same white space...

On top of that, there's the CSA DIgivice that just adds salt to the wound. Sorry, but toy and show inaccuracies just really get to me because... how hard is it to follow a show?

On an unrelated note, someone mentioned that everyone showed zero hesitation when attacking and destroying Imperialdramon. That is an extremely valid point. You guys did spend an entire season together, you know?
Mar 11, 2016 10:48 AM

Aug 2008
How many times they want to kill Leomon. He is the Digimon's Sean Bean. Mimi won me this episode. Even though I know it's coming, it still epic to see Vikemon and Rosemon.

I really hope we are not going through that whole Ken thing again.
ZapredonMar 11, 2016 10:24 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 11, 2016 10:49 AM

Oct 2012
This movie made me love Mimi so much more. Her and Joe's characterisation was great. Didn't like the new evolution sequence that much but I'm happy to see Rosemon and Vikemon. And everybody seemed to know Ken but acted like 02 never happened?

Also for the 894752 times, RIP Leomon.
Mar 11, 2016 11:12 AM
Jan 2013
So does this confirm that it's not a sequel but rather set in an alternate setting?
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Mar 11, 2016 11:34 AM
Dec 2014
Wow, this movie was really enjoyable. It was a lot better than the first one. I really liked the SoL parts, and digimon were really adorable. Good to see some character development too. Oh, and that ending... It can't end without Leomon dying right?

It had some Toei-tier visuals at some parts, and due to 90 minutes length, it felt a little rushed, but it's an improvement over the first movie. I think the series is going on a good direction. Looking forward to the next movie coming this summer! There are still so many questions unanswered. Well, I've got my dose of nostalgia for now.
Mar 11, 2016 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
That cliffhanger tho, fcking leomon had to die AGAIN?! wtf?!

The new ultimate digivolution seems different than what Wargreymon and Metagarurumon are, or am I wrong?
Mar 11, 2016 12:03 PM
Oct 2014
Actar said:

I mean, I get why they did it (they wanted to show off Ikkakumon's evolution and the Super Evolutions as well, blah, blah, blah) but man is it really vexing. It took so much away from the end sequence for me and it's leaving a bitter taste in my mouth. After thinking about it for some time, I think I know why.

Firstly, there's no zero-to-hero comeback. Yes, it's cliched, but that's what's good about Digimon. When all odds are against them, they rise to the occasion and that giant leap in power is what gives viewers the catharsis. That was sorely lacking with the long, drawn-out evolutions. The step-by-step evolutions were alright in the first movie, because Agumon and Gabumon evolved in quick succession. It could easily be taken as a out-of-stock-animation Warp Evolution and it was done very fluidly. Not so in this movie.

Next, the evolution sequences hardly did anything to distinguish itself from one another. I honestly don't want to draw comparisons to the original, because people will think I want everything to be the same, which isn't the case, but hear me out. Just look at how much more unique and flashy the evolutions were in the original. You really did feel that something amazing was happening with the more powerful evolutions because they had special intos, CG animation, backgrounds, etc... In Tri? Nothing. More gold rings in the same white space...

On top of that, there's the CSA DIgivice that just adds salt to the wound. Sorry, but toy and show inaccuracies just really get to me because... how hard is it to follow a show?

On an unrelated note, someone mentioned that everyone showed zero hesitation when attacking and destroying Imperialdramon. That is an extremely valid point. You guys did spend an entire season together, you know?

I didn't think it left that much of a bitter taste personally. Well, people have different taste and issues. I personally like the animation as it was quite something (considering the time and animation), plus the battle and animation with it was Awesome!

The series does have a completely different animation style and "weight" and really isn't a 50 ep saga.

Plus, I felt a "zero-to-hero-comeback" with Joe and Mimi (this part did seem focused on them). They both had issues (their "darkness"), but made a big comeback by demonstrating the meaning behind that mysterious riddle and introducing Mega/Ultimate Evoltuion and its power.
bkim999Mar 11, 2016 12:23 PM
Mar 11, 2016 12:09 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Great character development we got there with Joe and Mimi and I liked how through each other and Kari, they were able to pull through in the end

Seeing Meicoomon and MeiMei integrate themselves into the gang was nice and it was sweet to see MeiMei interact with Mimi....Also Meicoomon is indeed way too kawaii lol

The finale battle was awesome as hell and seeing not one but two Ultimate Evolutions was badass.....But man that ending was tragic as fuck.....RIP Leomon :( again

That government women is fishy too btw.....She freaking smiled when Mei killed Leomon.....The reveal about Mei isn't surprising but it still had some shock value for me

And wtf is Ken's role in this lol
TokoyaMar 11, 2016 12:12 PM
Mar 11, 2016 12:10 PM

Apr 2013
This was my Skype reaction to the last scene:
[3/11/16 12:53:02 PM] I JUST THREW SOMETING
[3/11/16 12:53:03 PM] GODDAMN IT
[3/11/16 12:53:17 PM] FUCK
[3/11/16 12:53:18 PM] NO
[3/11/16 12:53:19 PM] NO
[3/11/16 12:53:20 PM] AUGH

I'll come back to give my thoughts later because I'm still shaking and there was a lot that needs to sink in.
Mar 11, 2016 12:30 PM

Jan 2016
Digimon in all, I barely got to Digimon Tamers, but I watched the first movie and now I have watched the second. I am somewhat lost as to why Ken is evil again? or is this supposed to be a different version on the whole Digimon Emperor? Is there something I missed..?
Mar 11, 2016 12:35 PM
Oct 2014
"Those who desire true power must know the darkness, and go beyond"!

That prophecy given to the Chosen Children to unlock Mega digivolution is Awesome.

I wonder how that will work with Taichi and Yamato. They already have their Megas (and beyond that). I can see that "darkness" with Taichi particularly so when he gets overcomes it, I wonder what will happen.

R they possibly actually planning to give Omnimon more power "true power that goes beyond"? That will be TOO SUPER OP!!

As for the one who probably sent that message (the secret to Mega/Ultimate Digivolution/Evolution), I am guessing the sender was Genai (or Azulongmon). Or possibly that Hackmon.
bkim999Mar 11, 2016 12:41 PM
Mar 11, 2016 12:55 PM
Jul 2012
Imperialdramon was nice to see. I'm interested to see how the story plays out til the end.
Mar 11, 2016 1:10 PM

Nov 2008
An improvement over the first film. I really liked the character development and even the animation improved!
Mar 11, 2016 2:00 PM

Aug 2014
Where do I begin with this movie? The intro scene was super nostalgic. Leomon vs. Ogremon. Oh the 01 memories~

An onsen episode or should I say movie ^^ Most of it was fun, but I loved the part with TK and Kari. Of course TK would be the one to catch Kari from falling. Don't think I didn't see her blush >///<. Perhaps there may be some romance in Tri after all~

Meicoomon said:
Leomon senpai
Hahaha, poor Leomon ^^ Getting ganged up by all the digimon.

Mimi said:
Don't worry I promise it won't hurt Ogremon
*cue Togemon punching Ogremon straight in the face* xD

Finally we get see Joe and Mimi's final digivolution forms!!

Mimi's Character Development
I agree with Izzy, Mimi was being overly egocentric. While it's true that the helicopter shouldn't have come so close to the battle that doesn't excuse Mimi and Togemon's recklessness. Togemon very easily could've killed those people. Tai was right to be cautious about fighting. Mimi never got over this issue in 01 which is why I'm glad it was addressed here. In fact I believe it was this reason that Palmon was finally able to reach ultimate level.

Joe's Character Development
What Matt said in the movie was 100% correct. Joe always was responsible with his studies but when it came down to it he knew his bond with Gomamon came first. I just can't understand how he would forget this.

Digimon Tri Tone
So. Much. Angst. I know digimon had it's fair share of drama but wow it really feels to much sometimes. Tai and Matt are possibly even worse off in relationship since 01. Even after coming so far after so many arguments.

Mimi still hasn't gotten over her own ego which has been plaguing her since childhood. You'd think maturity would help her with that. And now Joe has a sort of digimon/early life crisis. What next? Will next movie show us Izzy, Sora, Kari and TK's troubles? I hope not.

Some things I didn't Like
> Joe spends 95% movie worried about cowardice and being an adult
> Kari says two sentences...10 seconds later Joe and Gomamon bond goes Ultimate
> Mimi never got over her ego problem
> Joe says one sentence...5 seconds later Mimi and Palmon bond goes Ultimate
> No one comments on destroying Imperialdramon who is supposed to be their friend from 02
> No one talks to Ken or even tries to interact with him
-CyrilleMar 17, 2016 8:05 PM

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Mar 11, 2016 2:05 PM

Apr 2013
Tacas said:
An improvement over the first film. I really liked the character development and even the animation improved!

Ehhhh... I didn't think it looked any different from the first, but it felt rather lazy at some parts.
Mar 11, 2016 2:36 PM
Mar 2008
Lil-Bird said:
Tacas said:

Ehhhh... I didn't think it looked any different from the first, but it felt rather lazy at some parts.

I have to agree here. The quality itself stayed the same as the first one, but a few minor parts felt lazy. I dont know why, but at those specific parts, i felt like i wasnt watching Digimon but Daria instead. Do aks me why, i dont know myself.

The digivolutions...............yeah, looked cool and all, but like in the first movie, the Warp Shinka was missed. Thats a shame, i personally think that Warp Shinka is the coolest looking digivolution. Well, Vikemon and Rosemon appeared, which was good, but again with those inconsistencies, some atacks were called, some werent like in the first movie. Whats the point of that? Rather you always call the attacks or you dont, half-half doesnt work guys.
The fight istelf, visually, seemed cool enough even with Leomon in it. But somehow he felt very short. Yeah, he isnt one of the mains, but he is one of the important and nostalgic digimon. He had a lot to do with the story, but not with the fight itself. Even Leomon vs Ogremon felt somewhat lazy in the beginning.
With that said, the fight between the two was really nostalgic.

Now, as the story proceeds, we see one of the strong points from digimon: Character development. This time with Joe and Mimi, but even the "fight" between Taichi and Yamato somewhat continues since Taichi is still not fully there and therefore even broke Omegamon (in the original he is called Omegamon, i dont give a crap but Omnimon sound like nothing). So, there is that, even some parallels exist between Joe's Dilema and the experience from that Woman (i forgot the name and i am lazy to look it up).
Well, all in all, it was good.............but not great. I have my minor points also.
Again, the few lazy scenes in animation which reminded me more of Daria than Digimon.
Then can somebody explain to me why the bath house felt so lifeless and empty?
The CGI sometimes doesnt work, especially in the beginning. But the fight between Togemon and Ogremon.......................couldnt Togemon control her needles? She just shoot it around as if "whereever it lands, who cares" seemingly without even one needle landing on the actual target Ogremon. Am i the only one who doesnt understand this?
But that Ken appeared as the enemy Ken, was smewhat surprising. If i remember correctly, i saw Ken (as the good one) fall down in the beginning of the first movie. So i suppose the Ken we saw here wasnt THAT Ken and just someone or something trying to be Ken? Especially when Hackmon, so it seems, is the partner.
Meicoomon herself now is the enemy it seems, which made the cliffhanger work but killing Leomon again?
Leomon cant get a break, can he?
MahadoKusanagiMar 11, 2016 2:45 PM
Mar 11, 2016 2:59 PM

Mar 2012
SoL:

Ending:

Perfect & Ultimate evolution scenes:
Mar 11, 2016 3:03 PM

Feb 2013
Hah! Oh Leomon....

Also no one seems to mind killing Imperialdramon
gedataMar 11, 2016 3:11 PM
Mar 11, 2016 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
Leomon, the Krillin of Digimon.

Dat boobs bouncing.

3D Champion Digievolution, 2D Ultra Digievolution. Teoi please.

At the end of the first three episodes of this movie-thingy, I was like "damn this is even worst than 1st movie". Then Vikemon and Leomon's death happened. 8/10

Hopefully, we'll hear something of Concierto de Aranjuez or Piedmon's Theme. Please Go Sakabe, make it happen.

NeonStarrzzify said:
Digimon in all, I barely got to Digimon Tamers, but I watched the first movie and now I have watched the second. I am somewhat lost as to why Ken is evil again? or is this supposed to be a different version on the whole Digimon Emperor? Is there something I missed..?

Tamers happens in a parallel dimension. You only need Adventure and 02.

EDIT: I almost forgot Seven is back! :')
removed-userMar 11, 2016 7:53 PM
Mar 11, 2016 3:32 PM

Oct 2009
I can't help but feel really disappointed with this. I was so hyped to see Vikemon and Rosemon's sequences and...this is the result? At least there are Warp Shinka scenes available to view from the Digimon Adventure PSP game, because Tri failed to deliver. I mean, every evolution from the show was always full of so much emotion and impact, but Vikemon and Rosemon's evolutions felt like nothing special was even going on at all. Jou and Mimi barely even commented on seeing their Digimon in their new forms? The directing in Tri continues to be terrible, there is almost no impact to scenes that are supposed to be important.

And I still can't get behind the character designs in Tri. Everything is so flat and the characters barely show any expression at all. The scene where her classmates tell Mimi she's selfish for example, or when Jou is yelling at Gomamon. It was like they were just using the same 2 frames again and again. The budget for Tri must be really low cause it really shows.

Siiiiigh the posters for this movie made things seem so much more exciting than they actually ended up being.
Mar 11, 2016 3:49 PM

Sep 2014
I just wanna see some shipping :D
Mar 11, 2016 3:49 PM

Apr 2010
Production value was probably my biggest problem with the first one, so I went into this one expecting the same. Doing that helped me enjoy it a lot more and enjoy the nostalgia trip.

I can see why some people may hate all the drama, but I'm finding it pretty nice (except how Joe made a turnaround in like 5 seconds). Megavolutions were pretty hype, of course being setback by the low budget, but the fight scene was cool.

9/10, lots of fun for me :D
Mar 11, 2016 4:59 PM

Dec 2010
Onsen, clothes shopping and school festival with maid café. Oh my fucking God, WHY? This ISN'T Digimon, it's some generic high school anime disguised as Digimon. That was really painful to watch, coming from a HUGE Digimon fan.

3/10
Mar 11, 2016 5:16 PM
Jul 2015
MoonlightReverie said:
Where do I begin with this movie? The intro scene was super nostalgic. Leomon vs. Ogremon. Oh the 01 memories~

An onsen episode or should I say movie ^^ Most of it was fun, but I loved the part with TK and Kari. Of course TK would be the one to catch Kari from falling. That blush >///<

Meicoomon said:
Leomon senpai
Hahaha, poor Leomon. Getting ganged up by all the digimon.

Mimi said:
Don't worry I promise it won't hurt Ogremon
*cue Togemon punching Ogremon straight in the face* xD

Finally we get see Joe and Mimi's final digivolution forms!!

Mimi's Character Development
I agree with Izzy, Mimi was being overly egocentric. While it's true that the helicopter shouldn't have come so close to the battle that doesn't excuse Mimi and Togemon's recklessness. Palmon very easily couldn't killed those people. Tai was right to be cautious about fighting. Mimi never got over this issue in 01 which is why I'm glad it was addressed here. In fact I believe it was this reason that Palmon was finally able to reach ultimate level.

Joe's Character Development
What Matt said in the movie was 100% correct. Joe always was responsible with his studies but when it came down to it he knew his bond with Gomamon came first. I just can't understand how he would forget this.

Digimon Tri Tone
So. Much. Angst. I know digimon had it's fair share of drama but wow it really feels to much sometimes. Tai and Matt are possibly even worse off in relationship since 01. Even after coming so far after so many arguments.

Mimi still hasn't gotten over her own ego which has been plaguing her since childhood. You'd think maturity would help her with that. And now Joe has a sort of digimon/early life crisis. What next? Will next movie show us Izzy, Sora, Kari and TK's troubles? I hope not.

Some extra things I didn't Like
> Joe spends 95% movie moping about cowardice and being an adult
> Kari says two sentences...10 seconds later Joe and Gomamon bond goes Ultimate
> Mimi never got over her ego problem
> Joe says one sentence...5 seconds later Mimi and Palmon bond goes Ultiamte
> No one comments on destroying Imperialdramon who is supposed to be their friend from 02
> No one talks to Ken or even tries to interact with him

I agree 100% with the bad stuff. I mean I kept on like wondering when is Joe gonna suck it up and get back in the action! He's not being s good friend to Gomomon. It seems this really is for the grown ups who watched the original series. I mean it's been a couple years since I first binge watched the whole digimon franchise but I still notice that the whole new Tri thing has these much less animated and more serious. You have Taichi wanting to avoid anyone or anything getting damaged. Joe questioning why they were chosen. Mimi though, she's so changed. She used to never want to fight now she jumps in head first!
Spirit4FateFaithMar 11, 2016 5:20 PM
Mar 11, 2016 5:36 PM

Jun 2011
So now that everyone is confirmed to get their mega forms, how does this fall into 02's canon? Are they just gonna do a whole reboot of it? Not that I mind though since 02 had its own set of issues. I also really doubt that they'll able to address all the events that's been happening in just 6 movies. Maybe they'll have Mei and Meicoomen be the ninth OG Digidestined which is nice, because she's been handled decently unlike past experiments trying to shoehorn in the "extra ranger."

Also, really nice getting to listen to Tri's version of Seven.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Mar 11, 2016 6:45 PM

Jun 2014
Joe got the most focus for this movie which is a good thing since he's the best character, still a lot of angst, but anyone still complaining about the angst clearly hasn't watched the original series in a long time.

I knew Meicoomon was gonna be evil from the start though, it even has the Majin Buu 'M' on its head.

7/10
Mar 11, 2016 7:40 PM
Jul 2018
YEAY FOR VIKEMON AND ROSEMON !!!
The battle scene really intense and with the Brave Heart song its just........ too awesome !

The hell with meicoomon? Damn cliffhanger -_- and how many times Leomon died? I felt sad for him, R.I.P Leomon
Mar 11, 2016 8:03 PM

Oct 2011
Mimi and Joe-senpai character development for this part

Leomon Senpain <3______<3

LEOMON NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Mar 11, 2016 8:28 PM

Feb 2012
The thing about Leomon is that we should've all seen it coming, because it always happens when he shows up, but, man... this was probably the worst one...
Mar 11, 2016 8:32 PM
Aug 2013
I'm not sure how to feel about this OVA. On one side, I'm really loving the character development for Mimi and Joe. As someone who grew up with the original series, and watching this as an adult, I can somewhat relate to how they're feeling. I especially relate to Joe, since I seem to put my studies above everything. The point is that it was about time some good development for Joe and Mimi happened, since both seem to have gotten ignored in Adventure. Vikemon is completely badass.
On the other hand I'm very bothered that everyone acts as if 02 never happened, regarding the Ken issue. I'm a huge 02 supporter and Ken's arc was my absolute favorite from all the character developments so far. I sure hope this isn't the real Ken, and they bring the 02 cast into the spotlight as well.

I have no comment on Mei and Meicoomon since I'm indifferent towards them.
Mar 11, 2016 8:32 PM
Aug 2013
TheGendoTrain said:
The thing about Leomon is that we should've all seen it coming, because it always happens when he shows up, but, man... this was probably the worst one...

I wasn't shocked that he died. I was shocked at HOW it happened :/
Mar 11, 2016 9:03 PM

Feb 2013
Dayummmm Izzy is a friggen SAVAGE.
Mimi too, "Say it to my face."
OOOO KILL EM

Better to be Jikochu then a coward..
Chills.

Im glad they did evolutions for ultimate and mega now (perfect and ultimate whatever).
Looked pretty awesome when their digivices pumped up and changed colors.
Rosemon + Vikemon > Imperialdramon?
Im down for that.

Looks like the key of being able to go mega (ultimate) is to overcome one's "darkness".

And of course.. THE TRADITION OF DIGIMON LIVES ON.
ANYTIME LEOMON APPEARS HE DIES.
EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Anyways people are saying how they didnt hesitate to get rid of Imperialdramon, well of course.
Imperialdramon is an enemy, these guys are the original digidestined with lots of experience with the evil side of the digital world , when there're in battle they know they need to defeat the enemy.
Its the fight itself that worries them.
Not wishy washy "No killing!!" like 02 kids.
RaydntMar 11, 2016 9:09 PM
Mar 11, 2016 10:16 PM

Feb 2012
FueledbyKass said:
TheGendoTrain said:

I wasn't shocked that he died. I was shocked at HOW it happened :/

It was completely unwarranted and out of nowhere, I'm still shocked and unable to deal
Mar 11, 2016 10:34 PM

Mar 2015
Ahh of course... I think Leomon have died 3x already now right? It's not a shocker. He always died in every Digimon that I've watched. I forgot about the first one, but the second one was fighting Metal Etemon. Now the third one here. Also I remembered him dying in Tamers (non-canon to 01 world).

Ogremon become a casual background character :( he's like one of the best character during the second half of 01. I still remember him going away with that hat of his in the epilogue of 01.

So much things that I dislike in this movie. Not to mention Mimi and Jo's mega evolution BS. In 01, to get Agumon and Gabumon to be Wargreymon and Metal Garurumon, they have to be shot by the power of love and angel (which is Hikari and Takeru with Angewoman and Angemon's attack). But this evolution is out of nowhere.

If it was easy to mega digivolve, then Taichi and Yamato would've done that way before fighting VenomVamdemon. I think Taichi was able to fight his darkness when he was with Picklemon right? Or when he decided to blast Etemon away?

The drama was okay, since it was a nod to 01 where Jo is always the one who never likes fighting anyway. But the last 20 mins was a complete BS pull.

Now they leave us questioning if that's the real Ken, which is probably not. Hikari and Takeru never questions the disappearance of the 02 kids either, I know they're focusing on 01 characters, but to make them "forget" or lost in touch with them is stupid.

And don't give me that "you're blinded with nostalgia" crap. This movie is purely NOT digimon 01. Pretty much a SoL on Teenagers growing up. That ending is not even as sad or surprising like Tamers' deaths and dark theme.

The focus on Meimei is too much too. I think Meimei have more screen time than all of Hikari or Sora's scenes. Let's not even talk about the montages fight in the last 5 minutes like the first movie. Didn't like it one bit. Are they not even questioning that they could've killed Imperialdramon? Or did Ogremon the only one who have a special treatment from Mimi?

Mar 11, 2016 11:14 PM

Dec 2015
I found it funny and enjoyable. But it feels empty: the intrigue started with Saikai is not developed (Alphamon? the monstruous hand from the other side?) except in a few very short scenes and in the last minutes. It focuses in fact on some characters and comedy.
The character development is welcomed, but a full movie entirely made of this and comedic bits is a missed opportunity, especially when there is only four films left and a big part of the cast left to explore (+ a conclusion/link towards the known ffuture to give). Jap. animation is famous for its focus on character development but it should never be detrimental to the story's progression.
I liked how they nodded at Sora's professional future with the cheerleader costume and at "Our War's game" with Taichi's comment about Takeru and Yamato's grandmother's location.
Meikumon cuteness was very present (yeah, another cute cat Adult/Champion Digimon), filling some of the void. And Leomon was great for each of its moments.
Despite the fact they are only side characters (at least they were presented as such), the adults got tiny characterizations. It also seems like the government has hidden interests.

As for the last evolutions, the sequences are good enough, less CGI is always great (particularly after the adult evolutions), I simply the quantity of boobs bouncing (but that's just me) Of course, they won't be hit by holy powers to unlock it, that was pretty great in Adventure but it would feel like they are not not relying on their own will and power. And it allows to address the issue of a certain character who never really left his attitude behind him: Mimi. Joe is totally focusing on his entry to adulthood, and he was never willing to fight during a good part of the original show, it is easy to see how he could regress to this state. But the 180º turn right at the end was pretty fast, despite the doubts he was showing on screen since a while.

But except a few reactions ("Ichijôji!", "it's him", "again"), the return of Ken as the Kaiser, after what is probably several weeks of absence of the other 02 chosen children who went unnoticed except for the national security, was emotionless. No question about the others whereabouts (not that he could answer, we all saw Ichijôji being knocked out right at Saikai's beginning), his motivations, absolutely no doubt about killing what was supposed to be his and Daisuke's partner. Especially enigmatic for Hikari and Takeru who tagged along them during a year.

Is it me or was Mei's Digivice arbouring an X during Meikumon "change of heart"?

aznk93 said:

WHYISN'TKARIACTINGMOREJELOUSWHENTKISTAKINGPICSOFNEWCHICKANDSTUFFIMEANTHETEASINGINTHEBEGINNINGANDTHEBATHSCENECATCHWASFREAKINGAMAZINGSOWHYARENTTHEYDOINGMOREWITHTHATISWEARTOGODIFTHESHIPDOESNTSAILINTHEENDIMGONNAGIVEALLOFTHESEMOVIESA1OUTOF10.

We all know Takeru and Hikari will not end up together so why should they waste more time on pre-determined friends, They are already doing it with Kôshiro's lust, that's enough.
Rei_IIIMar 11, 2016 11:59 PM
Mar 11, 2016 11:22 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Finally there are characters from Digimon 02 too, although they felt like robots, especially Imperialdramon.

I never understand why Palmon couldn't just digivolve into ultimate form right away from the start when they already knew how to do it long ago, Lilimon could have destroyed Ogremon quickly and wouldn't cause any accidents like what she did to that helicopter.

Well, overall this episode is enjoyable, seeing those rookie-level Digimons together always puts a smile on my face.
...not to mention there were also two badass Mega-level Digimons

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 12, 2016 12:09 AM
May 2014
So is Maki the agent the mastermind behind all this? Why did Ken go back to being the bad guy? What happened to Wormmon if that really is him?
Mar 12, 2016 12:11 AM

Feb 2010
Alright 20+ min just for fanservice in onsen ? oh well at least Mimi is the star of this movie, and her character development was great Taichi is still emo and Joe is coward-angst-coward -time but it's better than Taichi

Leomon too, seriously did he need to die everytime? and Mei-blablamon is actually the infected digimon lol i didn't even surprised about this
overall enjoyable, but so many expression looks pretty rigid ... low budget?

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Mar 12, 2016 12:48 AM
Apr 2013
RayAdha said:
Finally there are characters from Digimon 02 too, although they felt like robots, especially Imperialdramon.

I never understand why Palmon couldn't just digivolve into ultimate form right away from the start when they already knew how to do it long ago, Lilimon could have destroyed Ogremon quickly and wouldn't cause any accidents like what she did to that helicopter.

Well, overall this episode is enjoyable, seeing those rookie-level Digimons together always puts a smile on my face.
...not to mention there were also two badass Mega-level Digimons

Yeah the Digicore of Azulongmon should be still in effect on all of them. The last battle looks good but it reeks of stiff and sudden change in animation when the Digimons move.
Mar 12, 2016 4:01 AM

Sep 2015
this movie become weird after first few minute

i am getting sick with this "new char" on every last 30-15min movie and they silent

again how takeru and hikarireact to ken back as kaiser? really?

did they really "killed" a digimon (imperialdramon) or not? i swear they ban kill any digimon for NO 2nd Apocalymon

1st team all Adv 01+mei

2nd team Alphamon+Ken and Huckmon (?)

3rd Genai (?) + organization

Enemy 1 Infected digimon + mei chan true form

Unknow
02 cast and partner
Into the Internet!
Mar 12, 2016 5:43 AM

Dec 2014
ok split onto four episodes again. I don't know what to expect really. BUt the animation is good
Mar 12, 2016 5:49 AM

Sep 2007
Why is Ken evil again? @_@ or this is an alternative setting without Adventure 02?
Mar 12, 2016 7:33 AM

Mar 2015
I watched only 2 episodes of the new movie and I had to stop and I'll probably finish the last two tomorrow. The reason being that it's so boring. Nothing is happening. Children are just talking about useless stuff and things that they've already dealt with over the course of two seasons. Is this supposed to be character development? Is it supposed to be enjoyable? There is one thing that I enjoy though, and that's the disfigured faces of characters due to terrible animation at parts. Also, what's with Tailmon's size? I remember her being about the same size as Patamon and now she's twice as big. I know Digimon size is not consistent but there was at least some kind of a limit that they stuck with in the original.

So far, this is so uninteresting for me. I envy people who enjoy this because I want to enjoy it as well. As a big Digimon fan from the beginning it saddens me to see it in such a mediocre state.

This franchise has so much potential for being a good anime. Instead of making it boring, having Digimon partners feel like tools and children going through the same stuff as before, they could have made it in a way that lets them touch upon many interesting themes. They could have put more focus on a Digital World for example. Expand the universe and explore how things work. You have to pay Digitamamon for food in his restaurant so how can Digimon afford it? Do they earn money? How do they live? Their world is full of creatures with wide array of powers. How does it function? Maybe expand upon how Digimon are born and get more details about the purpose of Primary Village. Expand upon and flesh out Digimon personalities to make them more dynamic. Is there anything else they want instead of sucking up to their human partners? Do they have desires? Goals? Can they have romantic feelings and how does that work? Maybe explore the history of Digital World itself and expand on the details of its creation. Introduce a villain and try to make him multi dimensional and have his actions make sense. Maybe a group of people or an organisation could be villains and they're basing their actions on fear of these unknown creatures (something like Hypnos system or Kurata's army but with new twists for this series and more in depth). Expand upon Dark Ocean. Maybe come up with a major change for the inner workings of Digimon Adventure universe, for example: stop with the shitty breaking of the barrier between two worlds, instead, the two worlds start distancing from each other for some unknown reason. The Digital World suddenly starts becoming less dependant on Network and slowly starts getting its own identity so to speak. I don't know, maybe it's a shitty idea, but it's at least something exciting to think about if it could work. Have more focus on Digimon like X-Evolution movie but go more in depth and explore the idea. There are so many interesting things they could have tackled and tried, and this borefest is the best they could come up with? Infected Digimon... I can't imagine anyone watching this unless it's because of pure nostalgia like us old fans. The more I think about this, the more disappointment I feel. When I look at the old Digimon movies, some of them weren't so great, but at least they tried something. There was some trippy stuff and they had some interesting ideas going for them. The second Tamers movie didn't have an exciting or complicated story, but it set the events in a way that allowed it to focus on Ruki and to expand upon things that the season itself only mentioned (her feelings towards her father) and actually fleshed her out more. Other characters actually kept the development they've already gone through. Compare that to the useless chatter and uninteresting events of these new movies. Maybe my ideas and wishes are too unrealistic, but I can't help but to feel underwhelmed. Sorry for the rant.
BliuTigerMar 12, 2016 8:32 AM
Mar 12, 2016 8:07 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Meicoon pulling a page out of the cat from Shrek the movie.

I liked the focus on Joe and Mimi. On one hand we have a girl who was taking decisions on the egocentric side and also could have killed the guys in the helicopter. Then we have Joe who was totally the opposite of what Mimi is. Joe focusing on studying despite knowing the situation his friends were in, crying and refusing to take action.

Movie on to the timeline, what doesn't make sense is Ken wearing those Digimon Emperor clothes again. I thought that was all resolved but it appears he's back. However, I could be wrong and maybe Ken's body got taken over. Remember the BlackwarGreymon arc, towards the very end, maybe something similar happened and that's why Ken is evil again.
They gang knew Ken since they called his name when they saw him.

The fight with Imperialdramon was good. We got to see Dragon mode and Fighter mode.

Rosemon and Vikemon were awesome. They managed to take down Imperialdramon. Although they didn't seem to be worried about the other 2 Digimon that make up Imperialdramon, Veemon and Wormon. Then there was Hime's smirk when Leo got killed by Meicoom(infected). Hopefully movie 3 gives answers to the current questions.

Mar 12, 2016 8:23 AM

Jul 2013
2 movies/8 episodes in and i'm still not used to the art style. Not to nitpick anything but the movie really lack the Digimon-ish feeling.

It's good to see some character development and the realistic approach to the fight scene (Togemon destroying helicopter and all).

Actar said:

Pretty much this.
Evolution scenes are what make Digimon, Digimon. But the ones in this movie are REALLY weak. There's no impact whatsoever and felt like a cheap power up. Being a fan of Digimon, this is the first time I have a problem with evolution sequence. (Hell, even the Megazord transformation in Xros Wars felt more epic than this).
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it really okay that they're ignoring 02's cast so much?

oversevethousand - Apr 11, 2016

13 by Aardwolf94 »»
Jan 21, 2018 11:00 PM

» Thoughts on the new characters

Lillinettix - Mar 28, 2016

6 by argentino_kek »»
May 24, 2017 12:31 PM

» I love the original digimon but

lord23 - Mar 11, 2016

35 by argentino_kek »»
May 24, 2017 12:19 PM

» The 02 chosen children in Digimon Adventure Tri

KingArti - Mar 29, 2016

1 by argentino_kek »»
May 24, 2017 12:03 PM

» Yep im convinced about Leomon. (Spoilers)

HollowIchigo58 - Mar 13, 2016

11 by argentino_kek »»
May 24, 2017 12:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.