Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 7, 2016 12:36 PM
Jun 2015
So Nagisa's mother is Ken from Digimon Adventure 02...
Aug 10, 2016 8:58 AM

Sep 2014
Oh god I was cringing so bad this episode! The constant shaky cam was hurting my brain.

Somebody throw that abusive bitch in jail.
Aug 15, 2016 3:48 PM

Mar 2016
Aww, I was hoping Nagisa would choose to be an assassin.
Aug 30, 2016 10:40 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
AMAZING EPISODE !!! Nagisa's mom is SCARY AS FUCK and Nagisa with his hair down is SUPER CUTE !!!!!! BEST EPISODE THIS SEASON SO FAR
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 5, 2016 1:43 AM

Feb 2010
hirahira said:
This episode pissed me off because his mom just gets away with everything. Nagisa shouldn't have to stay with a crazy mom like that.
Generally asian parents are that way. And in reality even less understanding than Nagisa's mom, sadly.

Sep 9, 2016 11:50 PM

Jul 2016
I actually cried this episode... Even though I love my mom, she is not as bad as nagisa's (who i see as an exaggerated characterization of many mothers out there), I can think of countless situations when I wanted to do one thing aboute my life, hairstyle included, and she would say: no, my way is better. After many years of burying my opinions and wishes, I realized iit's best to be happy with who you are and want to be. This decision came after years of hearing that what I wanted was not as good as what she tought was best, and at the same time when you answer: whatever, you can choose for me, you get yelled at for not having and opinion (I just couldn't win, glad its over, even tought we fight almost every day, I feel happier). Rant over...
Nov 26, 2016 3:59 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a terrible mother :[
Feb 16, 2017 4:52 AM

May 2016
hirahira said:
This episode pissed me off because his mom just gets away with everything. Nagisa shouldn't have to stay with a crazy mom like that.

Exactly, she's abusive af towards Nagisa (pulling his hair, constantly reminding how she wanted to have a daughter, never letting him make his own decisions, DRUGGING him, trying to force him to burn the school.. etc) Like... being his mom doesn't excuse her from being a bad person and she should be in prison tbh
dykejolyneFeb 16, 2017 4:55 AM
Apr 15, 2017 1:34 AM
Feb 2016
Hooooly jeez. I'm both happy and upset the thing with Nagisa's mom got resolved (at least seemingly) so quick. Happy because I don't have to experience the discomfort of watching it again, upset it didn't get the time it deserved.

Parts of the episode she wasn't in (even her presence is unsettling after that initial scene, really puts you in Nagisa's shoes) was funny as usual, but that was some really rough mood whiplash
Apr 15, 2017 1:37 AM
Feb 2016
__Iris__ said:

Exactly, she's abusive af towards Nagisa (pulling his hair, constantly reminding how she wanted to have a daughter, never letting him make his own decisions, DRUGGING him, trying to force him to burn the school.. etc) Like... being his mom doesn't excuse her from being a bad person and she should be in prison tbh

I find it odd that he didn't get to go with his dad. Maybe the legal system only got to see his mother as a professional without seeing what was underneath, making his father seem far less fit a parent.
Jun 1, 2017 1:02 AM

Apr 2012
Nagisa's mother is the most scary character in this anime.
Affinity to MAL
Anime: 47.35%
Manga: 46.36%
Jul 15, 2017 11:23 PM

May 2013
Nagi's mom is one scary ass bitch O____O|||

<:(

I don't like her verbal and physical abuse towards him :(((
Jul 18, 2017 7:05 PM
Sep 2014
I just watched this episode this evening, and I almost wanted to avoid it because I was so triggered when I heard of this insane bitch known as Nagisa's mom. However, I came to watch it because Koro-sensei always knows what to say in situations, and I think we all need a Koro-sensei for sure.
Jul 23, 2017 11:18 PM
Mar 2014
Man, what a downer ending. Nagisa got his mom to back down for now, but he's just going to have to keep putting up with her abuse until he gets out of the house. A better ending would have her in jail for drugging her kid and trying to FORCE HIM TO BURN DOWN HIS SCHOOL and Nagisa going to live with his dad, who was shown to actually seem to be an okay guy. A problem I have with this show is how warped the morality is, it's bugged me before but it's really bugging me this ep, a lot of it is so arbitrary or just plain wrong.

Koro-sensei having road rage was funny, and him putting Nagisa's mom in her place was great. Wish she had gone to jail for trying to burn down the school and had Nagisa taken away from her and given to his dad, though, she's such a psycho I'm surprised she hasn't hurt Nagisa or castrated him and forced him to live as a girl to satisfy her need to force him to be her ideal.
Aug 22, 2017 2:58 AM

Dec 2012
LMFAO at Okajima.
LMAO at Karma recommending going to Thailand.
Nagisa taking off that tag.
lol at the 3DS.
Uh oh. Kaa-san
Bribe?
Those eyes.
Dark mood?
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! NO WONDER HIS DAD DIPPED! LMFAO I'M SCREAMING!
Dat long hair.
Damn. She said she wanted a girl.
She got you cross dressing. Damn!
lol at Korosensei dressed up at Karasuma.
Wow at Kaa-san.
Oh shit! She's mad now.
Holy shit!
Nagisa is sleepy? Itis?
Oh shit! What she doing?
Dem flames.
Who the fuck is that?
LMFAO He shut her up with that whip.
She scared now.
Dat clap!

Dat new OP version. Nagisa's dad is the real MVP for escaping. LMFAO So who does Nagisa get his hair and eye color from? (Not a serious question)
RobAug 22, 2017 12:15 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 22, 2017 9:17 AM
Jan 2017
Rob said:
LMFAO at Okajima.
LMAO at Karma recommending going to Thailand.
Nagisa taking off that tag.
lol at the 3DS.
Uh oh. Kaa-san
Bribe?
Those eyes.
Dark mood?
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! NO WONDER HIS DAD DIPPED! LMFAO I'M SCREAMING!
Dat long hair.
Damn. She said she wanted a girl.
She got you cross dressing. Damn!
lol at Korosensei dressed up at Karasuma.
Wow at Kaa-san.
Oh shit! She's mad now.
Holy shit!
Nagisa is sleepy? Itis?
Oh shit! What she doing?
Dem flames.
Who the fuck is that?
LMFAO He shut her up with that whip.
She scared now.
Dat clap!

Nagisa's dad is the real MVP for escaping. LMFAO So who does Nagisa get his hair and eye color from?

You bingeing through this fast I can see all your forum posts. His mom's hair is a darker blue so there is that. As for the eye color, sometimes traits can pop up after lying dormant in genetics but I wouldn't worry too much anyways I mean people cant even have blue or green hair. Also his mom is not colored in the manga so it may have been the animators choice.
Aug 22, 2017 12:10 PM

Dec 2012
WhipMaster13 said:
You bingeing through this fast I can see all your forum posts. His mom's hair is a darker blue so there is that. As for the eye color, sometimes traits can pop up after lying dormant in genetics but I wouldn't worry too much anyways I mean people cant even have blue or green hair. Also his mom is not colored in the manga so it may have been the animators choice.

lol Yeah. I apologize for wasting your time. The question wasn't serious. I always ask that question as a joke (Not that you would know. Plus, I take everything into account so I've pretty much figured it out if the story didn't explain.) whenever a kid doesn't look like his/her parents. Why? For example: One can joke about the mom cheating on the dad prior to being pregnant. In the end, I don't care. It's just a joke for me.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 17, 2017 1:24 PM

Dec 2010
Goddamn. I'm getting chills about how Nagisa's mother resembles my own, minus the crazy burning down the school thing. Growing up I always felt I had very little choice in life. Kind of took it for granted but in hindsight I could have had so much decisions which were not what I really wanted. Definitely shaped who I'm but the sense of regret is there.

Oh what is past is in the past.

On a brighter note, Irina looks hotter in regular clothes definitely. Also Korosuma XD
Nov 22, 2017 10:06 AM

Feb 2014
Nagisa must have had a really bad childhood with a mom like that, at least that gave him that special skill.

Irina is super cute dressed like that, I also prefer her hair that way.
Dec 17, 2017 6:39 AM

May 2016
Nagisa's mom is one of the most terryfiing anime's character I have ever seen...
Dec 24, 2017 8:21 AM

Jun 2017
Maledict said:
"Do what you wish. I don't care."

Really? That's kinda... lackluster. She went from caring too much in the wrong way to not caring at all.

It is actually quite realistic. from personal experience,that is the raction a father takes when he realizes that what he believes is best wont be done and he cant force it to be done.

btw,her face strongly reminded me of the Titans in Attack On Titans lol. also,i dont see how Nagisa's trick worked,as it requires him to have 2 weapons for it to work and he didnt have a single one,so how did it work?
also,that assassin felt SO half assed lol.
Feb 1, 2018 1:25 PM

Apr 2013
Nagisa's mum is insane alright, glad this got settled.
Feb 3, 2018 10:24 AM

May 2017
I don't like the resolution of this episode. Felt like other shows I watched like Erased and Your Lie In April dealt better with abusive parents. Nagisa's mom was borderline insane and her reasoning didn't make any sense. There's barely any good excuse to drug and abuse your child.

I would be much more satisfied if he:
A. Left the house - seems like the healthiest choice.
B. Assassinated her - wouldn't be as friendly and morally okay as the first one but wouldn't it be dark and interesting if he did? Also she deserves it and he is a very talented assassin. Would probably make for a different character progression so, it's just an idea.
C. Let her die - a little bit more moral than the previous suggestion, also would make for a convenient resolution and well, she wouldn't get away with it.

I don't know, it could've been so much more interesting if he was on his rebellious side, even if it's just a small thing like shaving his head or running away from home. But I guess they wanted his character to make a more humble decision.
flizzyFeb 3, 2018 10:28 AM
Mar 15, 2018 8:02 AM

Oct 2013
MY GAWD HIS MOM IS A BITCH

I see AssClass is still driving hard the life lessons. This is a show I'mma show to my hypothetical kids one day.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 2, 2018 1:33 AM

Oct 2015
As much as I dislike Irina, boy does she look fine in that!

Nagisa actually looks cooler and less girly with his hair down. That butt-ugly mom though! I don't necessarily hate abusive or controlling mothers if they have good backstories and information to explain their problems, like Rosa Ushiromiya from Umineko for instance. A brilliant character. The writer of this series on the other hand fails miserably at making me sympathize and relate to the borderline evil characters like Irina and Nagisa's mom.
TogameCheerioApr 2, 2018 1:37 AM
May 12, 2018 1:13 AM

Apr 2018
Worst ep so far it was way too overdramatic and had too much stupid parts
Sep 8, 2018 7:17 PM

Jun 2011
Didn't like this episode.. that mom is just way overdone. All these years of belief (so much so she's banging her child's head on the table for going against her) changed overnight, and it's not even some kind of amazing realization that made her change her mind..

MondayBlues said:
hirahira said:
Generally asian parents are that way. And in reality even less understanding than Nagisa's mom, sadly.
lol no, mine nor my friends' parents are control freak like she is. Yea you hear a lot of Asian parents wanting their kids to be a doctor or a lawyer or something but while they encourage that notion they don't force it onto you. Most of the parents I know only encourage their kids to have a job that earns you a lot of money, they don't force them to do so like Nagisa's mom.. so yeah, to say that they're even less understanding than Nagisa's mom is really pushing it.
ToG25thBaamSep 8, 2018 7:21 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 29, 2018 9:29 PM

Mar 2018
And just when I thought that this series was getting better...
May 10, 2019 10:19 AM

Jul 2013
Okay what? Did Karma just allude to Nagisa getting a sex change? LMFAO

WTF my hunch was right. This show is indeed trying to portray adults as monsters. So Nagisa's mom is pushing all her dreams that she failed to achieve into Nagisa who isn't really sure what he wants in life. His mother wanted a girl so she forced Nagisa into the state he is now. That's quite the predicament. His mother is fucked up in the head. Nagisa grew up the way he is because of his mom's conditioning.

From her expressions, it looks like Nagisa's mom didn't learn that much but at least for now, she has let Nagisa make his decisions. We'll see where this will take us.
Jun 7, 2019 1:48 PM

Apr 2015
When Nagisa's mom grabbed ahold of him, I prayed that he'd pull some assassination technique on her. Fucking cunt.

Once again, it seems like anime is expecting us to forgive child abuse as long as the abuser reforms some of their ways in the end. Nagisa's mom didn't appear to become a 'loving mother' as Koro-sensei advised; instead, she's taking a neutral, "I don't care" attitude towards her child.

So, yeah, fuck that bitch.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 28, 2019 4:23 AM

Dec 2018
Yuck. Left a bad taste in my mouth. You can't take a sensitive topic like abusive parents, try to make some serious points about it, and then throw in tons of comedy throughout the episode as well.

As for the mother, there isn't a grain of rationality behind her motivations, and there seems to be no end to how abusive she is. Becoming violent everytime Nagisa opposes her, pulling Nagisa's hair, drugging him and forcing him to burn down the school... A little more subtlety would have been welcome.

It seems "You need to talk to your parents about your goals more" is the message it wants to convey. But it's not like Nagisa wasn't already trying to; his mother just always shut him down immediately. In the end, a simple event enabled Nagisa - who is simultaneously being way too forgiving, by the way - to get through to her. The result? The mother takes a jarring turn in attitude and becomes totally indifferent - almost detached - instead. It really felt simple and underwhelming. I hope future episodes will give this whole ordeal some more depth.
Harume_Tako_4Dec 4, 2019 8:03 AM
Jan 2, 2020 10:56 AM

Feb 2019
At the very start I though Nagisa was a girl until they pointed out that he was a boy in the swimming episode
Jan 7, 2020 12:58 PM
Aug 2014
Nagisa's mum though complete psycho, control freak, tries to dress you up as the opposite sex because you aren't what they wanted, guilt trips you over natural things a parent should do without thought and how you should be greatful for it. Couldn't even imagine having to endure that on a daily basis.

All in all what an absolute shitty parent, also did I miss anything?

That was fucking hard to watch definitiley the worst anime mum ever.
Feb 17, 2020 4:22 AM
Jun 2013
Holy fucking shit I can see why the dad left. Nagisas mom is straight up bonkers and has an anger problem. i feel bad for nagisa if she really kept on saying she wish she had a girl instead of a boy. Must be why he gets weird when people mention he looks like a girl.
Apr 16, 2020 7:26 AM

Mar 2010
Blonde beauty strikes again, and damn all moms have their inner demon, twas scared lol

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 15, 2020 9:41 AM
May 2020
scratch what i said in the previous post, this is my favourite episode yet. its filled with nagisa making other people question their sexualities, VERY wholesome friendhsips, and another glimpse of koro sensei's mystery love interest.... i do hope that nagisa and yuji will continue to nurture their friendship because it was so damn fulfilling to see yuji happy for once, despite indirectly querying his own preferences... I LOBE LOBE LOBE! upon hearing the outro tho, i have realised that i committed a half-a-season-marathon-because-i-was-possesed-by-the-anime-gods situation. oops. ansatsu kyoushitsu is such a great anime and i do NOT look forward to ending it bc i havent discovered any mind-numbingly good animes lately aside from haikyuu :( can't wait to see what happens next.
Sep 24, 2020 11:12 AM

May 2018
Holy shit Nagisa's mom is crazy
Oct 16, 2020 8:31 PM

Jun 2020
Bitch-sensei is getting matured now, how wonderful.

Holy shit Nagisa's mom is insane like does she really have to burn the school, and she also want Nagisa to be a girl lol, well anyway since things work out now I guess that's okay.
Oct 27, 2020 2:40 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Wow this mother is really a psycho I would have loved to slap her >.<

Dec 9, 2020 3:00 PM

Mar 2019
I like that it actually put some light on Nagisa's life (him being the main character) and yes, he does look like a girl kinda lmao.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 20, 2020 3:03 PM

Jan 2019
I hope Nagisa's mother dies with a painful death
Feb 9, 2021 4:56 PM

Oct 2019
Nagisa's mother is truly a psycho.. I think "severely mentally disturbed" is an understatement. At the 13:55 mark while she talked with Koro Sensei there was an "Out of order" sign behind her. I am quite certain that the director was hinting that she was out of order, i.e. disordered. Nice touch!

MondayBlues said:
hirahira said:

I thought deranged mothers or fathers was just an anime/manga trope with little basis in reality. So the trope is not unfounded after all. That's scary..
SharpedonFeb 9, 2021 5:01 PM
Feb 17, 2021 3:13 PM
Jan 2021
i feel like i'm the only one who hates the mother and will continue hating her. She reminds me of Endeavor from BNHA like bro just bc u doing one thing right doesn't mean you should be forgiven. trying to make your son look like a girl bc you wanted a daughter and then guilt-tripping him bitch stfu
May 11, 2021 11:05 AM
Oct 2020
Looking at Nagisa's POV the episode was clearly disturbing. Her mother is clearly bipolar as well as schizophrenic. The show takes it in a light way which is understandable seeing its viewer base, but its just not suitable for something meant to be a light hearted anime as well. Also, how can koro-sensei ignore the abusive relationship between nagisa and her mother? She clearly required psychological therapy.
May 22, 2021 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
Karasuma cosplay :3

Nagisa's mom is like that!? :o
Jul 21, 2021 10:43 AM

Mar 2021
I kinda hate how they treated Nagisa's story like his mother treated him like a girl his whole life, now I understand just how painful those jokes about him looking like a girl actually feel to him. Obviously, he will be a killer and has what it takes to be one if he grew up with all that trauma. He needs therapy NOW and to go live with his dad.

This was not resolved at all, it's way more serious than what they made it out to be. At least I hope that the girl jokes stop. I feel SO bad for him.
Jul 25, 2021 10:14 AM

Feb 2021
Damn Nagisa's mom is definitely crazy lol. Well atleast she's done with her crazy tantrums.

Irina looks wayyyy better in this new outfit. Also now she faces Karasuma in the OP!

Okajima nosebleeds are priceless lmaoo.

Karasuma cosplay gone wrong XD

Aug 14, 2021 6:08 AM

Jul 2021
Damn now we know why Nagisa is looks like that. His mom's crazy. Karasuma sensei also wanted Nagisa to be an assassin. It would be cool if he did.
Jan 15, 2022 8:14 AM

Jul 2021
It was a good episode.
They showed Nagisa's mother and the bad way she treated her son badly, like not letting him make his own decisions in life and forcing him to have feminine aspects. Fortunately, thanks to Koro sensei and Nagisa himself, everything was resolved in the end.
asdasdsadad
Jan 20, 2022 9:22 PM
Oct 2021
I have to say, I've been so proud of Nagisa for all the times he stepped up and this ep was one of the top moments for me. Needing to speak up and against toxic parents is incredibly difficult and I have anxiety from the same expectations and toxicity from my own parents. Nagisa managed to protect his mother and even talk to her about what he wants to do and it's a huge hurdle in itself. I feel like a proud Mama when I watch him grow and develop. Keep it up our precious boy.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

127 by AnimeChusthaBro »»
May 1, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

200 by bubba460z »»
Apr 30, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

319 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 22, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

470 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 22, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

146 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 21, 11:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.