Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 2, 2016 1:23 AM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mimawaragumi getting ready for action. Gintoki and them sure outplayed them with the explosives though. LOL @ OKITA & GORILLA. Kagura's plan to swing the rope of them to the cliff just to face hit into the wall. I kinda wish they would've showed the action instead of it being stills (For some of the scenes)... They also censored a little bit with the blackish fog like thing near the guys lower bodies.

Noooo, Katsura got shot.

The animation felt kinda lackluster + Rushed... Or is it just me?

4/5 episode.

4 Chapters covered this episode (536). If they continue at this pace, they can finish the arc this season. I think they're gonna finish this season with this arc.
TyrelMar 2, 2016 1:27 AM
Mar 2, 2016 1:25 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Nice little Shinsengumi flashback. Nice decoy ship. Oh god, Yorozuya’s such a troll, with them using the Shinsengumi as “stairs”. Kondo and Katsura team up is complete awesomeness! From stray dogs to noble wolves, Katsura and Kondo proved to be true samurai!

That must be some dangerous climb O_O! No seriously, Katsura and Kondo working together is too badass! The only one that can kill them is the one right beside them! Sasaki arrived and Katsura got shot! Damn, they were aware of their plan. Also, that tiny Sougo x Kagura moment. Elizabeth and Saitou popping up, lol! Lol, Yamazaki didn’t look behind.

Even Elizabeth and Saitou make a badass team, lol! R.I.P. Sougo x Kagura moment; Sougo’s sadism awakes! Oooh, Gintoki vs. Oboro and Sougo vs. Nobume. Meanwhile Hijikata will try to rescue Kondo in time.

Can’t wait to see more of Gintoki vs. Oboro and Sougo vs. Nobume later. Man, Kondo really cares for Katsura. Some more Shinsengumi flashback is nice. Lol Yamazaki in the past! "Mountainzaki da!!!". Yamazaki trolled the previews too XD. Interesting fact, Yamazaki is actually 32. 4 chapters this time. Art was iffy at times, but the animations weren't that bad. A little messy though. Amazing episode still!

Btw, the full OP (Know Know Know by DOES) and ED (Acchi Muite by Swimy) and the Original Soundtrack 5 (The one that contains music used in the SA and the FS arc) are out today. Nice to hear some new soundtracks since a new Gintama OST comes every 3 or so years. There’s really good tracks that haven’t been used yet, and some of them are perfect for the next arc!!

GoldenDevilGamerMar 2, 2016 1:32 AM
Mar 2, 2016 2:41 AM

Dec 2015
shit, they're totally rushing in this episode T_T poor zura T_T

but anpan-san tho xD
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Mar 2, 2016 3:59 AM

Dec 2012
Hahaha Kagura and Gintoki using the Shinsengumi as foot holds to try to climb the cliff.
Elizabeth and Saitou making an awesome entrance and fighting together.

Sougo vs nobume and Gintoki vs Oboro.
Love how Sougo is gonna leave Kondo for Hijikata to save him.

Lol Yamazaki in the past. So different now.

Next week flashback. More info into Sasaki and Nobume.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 2, 2016 4:06 AM

Jan 2013
I was spoiled about Yamazaki's punk past but that didn't stop me from WTF'ing that whole flashback lmao

Fighting was great as always. Good laugh at the beginning too, lost it at the Shinsengumi being used as stairs.
RhapsodyinBlueMar 2, 2016 4:20 AM
Mar 2, 2016 4:08 AM

Dec 2013
A lot of great set up. Really hyped for these rematches!

Comdy at the beginning was great as always! Solid looking stairs lol

Yamazaki. Holy shit. You were way different back then. Still pissed his pants so I guess he is not that different.

Next episode is more flashbacks. Love the Shinsengumi so I'm looking forward to them.
Mar 2, 2016 4:25 AM

Feb 2012
Yamazaki used to be hard af back in the day, he was about that life, now he soft.

Looks like next week Isaburo and Nobume's past comes on.

Oboro X The crow OTP
Mar 2, 2016 4:32 AM

Jun 2015
That was so good. These are some of my favourite chapters coming up, can't wait to see them.
:)
Mar 2, 2016 4:33 AM

Dec 2014
It is just as awesome as it gets. I did not know Yamazaki had a past like that
Mar 2, 2016 4:39 AM

Apr 2013
It may be a bit rushed, but everything is still amazing, they animated a lot of chapters in this episode!

Kondo and Katsura make a baddass combo, having their backs to each other like true comrades. You can really see their charisma that attracted all their friends/followers in the first place, though majority of the time they're comedy relief, when the time calls for it they are upstanding samurai.

I didn't mean to but I totally laughed at the "I just gained another belly button"

RIP Zura's ponytail.

Kagura of course uses Sougo as stairs and Sougo pays her back with classic sadism xD I've been looking forward to Nobume and Sougo battling it out, I can't wait to see more next episode.

The silent duo Saitou and Elizabeth slay their enemies like tofu.

Seeing old flashbacks of the Shinsengumi is great, even back then Hijikata and Sougo were ruthless.

Mimawarigumi and the Crows are going to make for some great upcoming battles.

Mountainzaki is love, mountainzaki is life. It's like that emo or weaboo phase you once went through and hope to bury in your memory forever.

Everyone paving a path for Hijikata is one of the best things ever, with Gintoki saying that Oboro is his client.
Mar 2, 2016 4:46 AM

Aug 2012
Arg, I can't wait for Sougo vs Nobume and Gintoki vs Oboro.
Mar 2, 2016 4:53 AM

Jan 2016
Is it weird to ship Elizabeth and Saito? Their scenes are so fun and i don't think the note book and signs communication thing can ever get old

Not sure if i like the way they rushed 4 chapters into one episode but it's not like they haven't done it before so i'm okay with that, it was a blast as usual

I'm hyped for next week for
Mar 2, 2016 5:20 AM

Dec 2014
Yorozuya using the Shinsengumi for stairs was really funny

That Elizabeth entrance XD
Never knew Elizabeth was such a good fighter :o
Saito and Elizabeth's Sign conversations are awesome as always.

Katsura and Kondo are quite the duo, This episode really brought out how much Kondo cares for his comrades.

Shinsengumi flashbacks are always great, Yamazaki, My God! Never would've recognized him if it weren't for the voice.

Looking forward to Gintoki Vs Oboro and Sougo vs Nobume

On a side note even I felt the animation was off this episode especially compared to the previous few episodes.
Mar 2, 2016 5:23 AM

Aug 2010
First part was hilarious with Sogo being thrown and Gin making stairs out of the Shinsengumi XD

Dat OkiKagu moment <3 And Sougo's S face of "I can have my revenge" was epic lol
Can't wait for Sougo vs Nobume. Should be awesome.

And now round 3 for Gin vs Oboro? Damn won't he go down already ^^;

Dat Saito+Elizabeth moment when they said no more need for words and their teamwork was awesome!

So now we get Shinsengumi establishment flashbacks along with Sasaki's AND MOST IMPORTANTLY LOLI NOBUME's past? Can't wait. Yamazaki in the past was so lol
Mar 2, 2016 5:27 AM

Feb 2008
Damn, Elizabeth's suit sure is useful, it even acts as a tunnel-boring machine. Another excellent episode depicting the camaraderie between friends and former foes alike.

On another note, who could have known Yamazaki had such an interesting past...
Mar 2, 2016 7:02 AM

Apr 2012
Note to self, Never team up with Gintoki or Kagura XP

Oh man the wait for the next episode is gonna be driving me crazy

I still can't believe Yamazaki was that green haired dude O___O

As for Sougo and Kagura, once again I should have seen it coming XP whenever he does something that seems to be nice, there's a sadistic moment not far behind XP If something ever happens to Hijikata I'm pretty sure Kagura would just take his place

and dear lord "I've merely gained an extra belly button, is all." Even when he's shot Zura still can't help but be funny
Mar 2, 2016 7:05 AM
Dec 2013
The episode feels so fast- I did expect they will adapt 3 chapters at the most. I don't know what's the hurry... Not that bad episode, but I do hope they will slow the pace of adapting chapters.

NANDESUKA KORE?
Mar 2, 2016 7:07 AM

Jan 2012
Well, cover 4 chapters in one ep is not such a unusual thing for the show to do at some times, I though the pacing was just right on the edge of ok this ep. The thing that I am most worried about is if they will cover 5 chapters in one ep and still have the pace look good, cause if the arc ends this season that is the only thing that they can do.

Also, If the anime would end this season would they not announce it soon or something like that then?
How I love a game
Mar 2, 2016 7:19 AM

Mar 2015
This episode was so good! Now are coming the best parts of this arc!
And that Okikagu moment, so cute. Of course, with Sougo showing his sadistic side in the end lol
It's a pity that they animated so many chapters in one episode, but it's ok I think.
Mar 2, 2016 7:21 AM

Dec 2015
lagba2 said:
The episode feels so fast- I did expect they will adapt 3 chapters at the most. I don't know what's the hurry... Not that bad episode, but I do hope they will slow the pace of adapting chapters.

same T____T

#justmegettingaway30slimit
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Mar 2, 2016 7:26 AM
May 2014
Guy with mohawk shows up for a second.
Guy with mohawk is getting more seconds of screentime
Guy with mohawk seems suspicious to me
Guy with mohawk talks
Everything falls into place
Mountain Zakiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!
Mar 2, 2016 7:45 AM

Apr 2008
Ahahahahahah dat mountain zaki backstory xD
Mar 2, 2016 8:51 AM

Jul 2014
Yamazaki forever 32. RIP Zura's ponytail.

This episode was alright, I thought the pacing was fine. This episode was mostly comedy after all. Next week I get to see me some Nobubae and Sabu-chan.
Mar 2, 2016 9:07 AM

Jul 2014
The only problem I have with the episode is.... how come a bullet has hurt Zura so much that he can't even stand while Takasugi and Gintoki fking rip each other to bits but still manage to stand and fight? WTF!?
Mar 2, 2016 9:31 AM

Aug 2008
WTF? That is Yamazaki? LOL!
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 2, 2016 9:33 AM

Aug 2014
Mountain Zaki is best Zaki LOL. The animation seemed really sloppy this time around though..
Mar 2, 2016 9:40 AM

Jan 2016
Nice episode. I liked when Sogo saved Kagura, and then, payback time !
Zaki's past though...

This makes up for last week's short episode.
5/5
Mar 2, 2016 10:30 AM

Nov 2014
Holy shit Zaki. Totally not expecting that xD

Nice ep, but definitely not my fav. It felt rushed and the action scenes are sorta.... lousy? I'm not really sure how to describe it. I mean, after those great ep they give us, this week's ep is a bit unfulfilling...

But anyway, we got some pretty nice OkiKagu moment so I won't complain anymore xD and Zura talk about Gintoki's ploy and Sakamoto used to scolding him warm my heart, I have such a soft spot for nostalgic scene especially if it involved Joui4 :"

hassan0297 said:
The only problem I have with the episode is.... how come a bullet has hurt Zura so much that he can't even stand while Takasugi and Gintoki fking rip each other to bits but still manage to stand and fight? WTF!?

Zura probably has a lower tolerance for pain, the one who got nicknamed 'demon' were Gintoki and Takasugi afterall...
KannaAyasakiMar 2, 2016 10:36 AM
Mar 2, 2016 10:38 AM

Aug 2015
Yamazaki da nai mountain zaki daaa!!
P.S.They need to change current animation director...he sucks
Mar 2, 2016 10:50 AM

Jan 2015
Now I don't feel sorry for Jimmy anymore!
Mar 2, 2016 11:07 AM

Oct 2012
ZURA AND OKIKAGU
I thought that mountain guy voice was familiar and he was actually Yamazaki lol
Mar 2, 2016 11:08 AM

Aug 2015
Mountain zaki, welcome to the family! Meet Jimmy and ANPANANPANANPANANPANANPAN-
"No need for love! Just give me sugar!!" - a lazy ossan

+ 4 more~!
Mar 2, 2016 11:28 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
LOL Yamazaki in the past was totally unexpected for me.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 2, 2016 12:10 PM

Nov 2014
Mountain Zaki ---> Yamazaki LOL
Sogo will face another battle. He is so bloodlust.
Mar 2, 2016 12:21 PM

Dec 2014
I thought Mountain Zaki's voice was familiar somehow...
Another reason why I love Gintama. They can make anything into anything..
Are you from Japan? Cause I'm trying to get in Japanties.
Mar 2, 2016 12:58 PM

Apr 2014
sougo saves kagura heheh
ok next week good fight
is nice to see kondo and katsura together :D
Mar 2, 2016 1:18 PM

Jul 2014
KannaAyasaki said:
Holy shit Zaki. Totally not expecting that xD

Nice ep, but definitely not my fav. It felt rushed and the action scenes are sorta.... lousy? I'm not really sure how to describe it. I mean, after those great ep they give us, this week's ep is a bit unfulfilling...

But anyway, we got some pretty nice OkiKagu moment so I won't complain anymore xD and Zura talk about Gintoki's ploy and Sakamoto used to scolding him warm my heart, I have such a soft spot for nostalgic scene especially if it involved Joui4 :"

hassan0297 said:

Zura probably has a lower tolerance for pain, the one who got nicknamed 'demon' were Gintoki and Takasugi afterall...

So, you tellin' me that 'The Rampaging Noble' and the leader of the Joi Rebels and the one who's gonna save the country can't handle a single. fkin'. bullet!?? Is this a joke? I can't even...
Mar 2, 2016 2:05 PM

Nov 2014
hassan0297 said:

So, you tellin' me that 'The Rampaging Noble' and the leader of the Joi Rebels and the one who's gonna save the country can't handle a single. fkin'. bullet!?? Is this a joke? I can't even...

Being able to tolerate pain doesn't equal become 'strong'. While someone might still be able to laugh after get a broken arm, other people probably passed out already and that doesn't mean they're a wimp. It's not like being able to parade around after getting shot is listed as a requirement to be a commander or even soldier for that matter.

Though actually I had this very same question on that Guardian Dog arc, I find it funny that Kyojiro kicked the bucket after getting shot on his stomach while Gintoki survived a very same hole in his stomach and poison and drowning. After all is said and done, Gintama is still a shonen series and Gintoki is the main character so.... yeah.
Mar 2, 2016 6:21 PM

Oct 2011
OMG YAMAZAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 2, 2016 7:29 PM

Sep 2010
to the guys complaining about zura inability t handle a gun wound hound, try getting shot in the stomach and have some acid flowing in you internal organs while you bleed to death. sure he can handle it like a broken arm or a cut in the leg...

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Mar 2, 2016 7:58 PM

Jul 2014
hassan0297 said:

probably that bullet was shot with haki XD
Mar 2, 2016 8:35 PM

Feb 2016
hassan0297 said:
KannaAyasaki said:

Well hey, Gin's up and fighting while Takasugi's in a coma or whatever too, after taking similar amounts of damage (minus that last cheap shot). It's more like "why is Gin still up and fighting when he was staggering around just a few eps ago?" dat mc armor

Also, they said it. "We can go back." We can go back, dammit! You can if you believe you can. Just like they won't go on hiatus after this season if I believe hard enough too, right?
spin_rouxMar 2, 2016 8:38 PM
Mar 2, 2016 8:41 PM

Nov 2014
Another great episode!!!! Gintama is life
Mar 2, 2016 9:00 PM

Jun 2011
Yamazaki's back story was totally unexpected. xD I hope Zura will be okay.
What's a sig?
Mar 2, 2016 10:25 PM

Feb 2011
Yamazaki is a fan of Fist of North Star... You Wa Shock!!!
Mar 2, 2016 11:14 PM
Dec 2013
lololol mountain zaki
Mar 3, 2016 12:25 AM
Mar 2016
I also think that the animation wasn't really good, but it wasn't that bad either (Otae looked less pretty ._.)
Finally, another good fight is in sight!!

Aaaaand, they had me at MOUNTAIN ZAKI!!!! XD
Mar 3, 2016 12:33 AM

Jan 2015
Young Kondo looking fresh!
Madafaka tossed Okita straight to da wall. SAVAGE
NOW STAIRS. SAVAGE
Good to see the old comedy back for a bit!
Those days wouldn't disappear, don't worry Otae-chan!
The crows doing the classic Bleach "I'm above you" shit
Mimawarigumi shooting then the samurai Katsura takes the shot
Okita X Kagura confirmed (YAY)
Elizabeth, more like DRILLizabeth (lol haha jokez so funny)
Yamazaki 101
YOOO LETS FUCKING ROLL!!
Gintoki about to wreck havoc, brace yourselves whole of EDO.
Pu55ys can't kill Samurai, Katsura and Kondo are Samurai.
Dafaq Yamazaki was Skrillex's brother in the past? dat hair.
Hick school swings on point!
I saw a kind of old GinTama today. Loved it.
Next episode will be great too! Which GinTama episode isn't great anyway?
4/5
Mar 3, 2016 1:20 AM

Apr 2014
lmao Yamazki wtff
Mar 3, 2016 2:23 AM
Oct 2015
That was a perfect idea to climb. Well done Yorozuya

I think the animation in this episode was a little weird though

I hope Kondo and Zura will be allright and Katakuriko will show up with the Backup. That will be epic.

4/5
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Mar 30, 2016

251 by ThalosShrine »»
Apr 15, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jan 27, 2016

241 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 18, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Jan 13, 2016

251 by Nymbris »»
Mar 10, 6:09 AM

» Thoughts on this season (Spoilers)

RahulSenpai - Mar 8

13 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Stray - Dec 23, 2015

140 by Nymbris »»
Mar 10, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.