Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 25, 2016 3:45 AM
Nov 2015
I was kinda hoping he would request Eris to come back with him too haha
Feb 25, 2016 4:01 AM

Nov 2007
DarklordVor said:
I also like how the "romantic" hints is becoming more obvious now. Well DEEN did a good job setting up the explosion ship.

Geez. You don't need to beat the drums. We already know she's the best girl.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 25, 2016 4:24 AM

Jan 2015
Hai Hitozuma desu.
^aYy FokKIn j0kEz m8

Wat, you can come here with cheats? DAFAQ
SO MAH HOMIE WAS REALLY KILLED!!
YOO KAZUMA DONT FAKKING ABANDON YOUR TEAM M8 YOU GOT THINGS TO DO BRUV, DONT JUST RUN AWAY TO A PEACEFUL LIFE IN JAPAN
YAAY HE CRI EVRYTIEM, FUCKA DOESNT WANT TO ABANDON SHIT

Eris was qt though.
And new member probably in next ep.
3/5
AhoNoGinFeb 25, 2016 4:28 AM
Feb 25, 2016 5:05 AM

Sep 2011
Revvie-chan said:

- The scene where Kazuma cries is original, I think.
As I remember, both in the LN and manga, Kazuma had that flashback just before he was about to get reincarnated and did realize that he actually likes that world, but he didn't cry.

He also shed a tear in the LN. Take another look at the prologue of the 2nd volume and you'll see.
Feb 25, 2016 5:41 AM

Dec 2014
Mc dies so seldom I thought for a sec that the series might take a turn
Feb 25, 2016 6:16 AM

Oct 2014
GitahMuttan said:
Revvie-chan said:

- The scene where Kazuma cries is original, I think.
As I remember, both in the LN and manga, Kazuma had that flashback just before he was about to get reincarnated and did realize that he actually likes that world, but he didn't cry.

He also shed a tear in the LN. Take another look at the prologue of the 2nd volume and you'll see.

oh, he did? my bad then.
thank you for correcting. :)

Doesn't change the fact that they put more emphasize on Kazuma's sentimentality than before and gave Aqua more "goddess"-like trait.
Feb 25, 2016 6:24 AM
Jun 2010
Its funny how they withheld the information about the winter spirit taking the thoughts of others and manifest their thoughts into reality such as the Winter Shogun spirit from all the Japan Otherwolders.

If only Kazuma would pay attention to his intuitions, but then again it is because of the situation that he met Iris. If he didn't, he might interpret all other gods to be like Aqua.
Feb 25, 2016 6:25 AM

Jan 2016
Best episode ever and finally best girl out.a bit disappointed as the art is a bit low in quality this week for such a good episode.by the way who is eris's seiyuu? Also those snow spirit reminds me of those dango from clannad.
RaiZeroFeb 25, 2016 6:40 AM
Feb 25, 2016 7:47 AM

Oct 2014
RaiZero said:
Best episode ever and finally best girl out.a bit disappointed as the art is a bit low in quality this week for such a good episode.by the way who is eris's seiyuu? Also those snow spirit reminds me of those dango from clannad.

It is.
That's one of the many reason why I am very upset at this episode.
Winter Shogun is one of the hardest arc to adapt
Feb 25, 2016 7:51 AM

Jul 2014
Kazuma was as hilarous as always.

LoL that new Goddess, (will she join the party? i wonder..)

BUT WHY THE HELL DID THEY WEAR SUCH A SHORT SKIRT WHEN THE OUTSIDE IS SO FREAKIN' COLD? (well, whatever who care about that in comedy show.)

4/5 good episode.
Feb 25, 2016 8:24 AM

Mar 2015
So there is a potential fatal risk if Aqua is killed. This could be a red herring.
Screw Eris, my spoiled brat Aqua is the best.

Little backdrop from ep.5

Kyruga said:
OrangeJP said:
Look it's flying dango

I saw what you did it here....

Jesus....Don't.....
KotobakayaroFeb 25, 2016 8:27 AM

Feb 25, 2016 8:26 AM
Oct 2015
This episode killed me though XD

Oh Kazuma-san you such a jerk, a cool jerk.

But at least he cried to them. That was emotional

10/10
Feb 25, 2016 8:38 AM

Jun 2013
he died but he came back and a goddess wearing pads? lol
Feb 25, 2016 8:53 AM

Oct 2015
Smudy said:
''KAZUMA, KAZUMA''
''Yes, i'm Kazuma'' xDD

Also damn, he actually shed tears, that was moving.
Kyruga said:
OrangeJP said:
Look it's flying dango

I saw what you did it here....
Reverberate__ said:
"Yes, I'm Kazuma". Those scenes were hilarious, lol. Great episode. I hope to see more Eris again, 'cause she was pretty good.

This episode was pretty good. Kazuma's replies are the best. Loved Eris.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Feb 25, 2016 9:12 AM

Jan 2016
Is it just me or eris in the anime looks a lot like Aqua except for their hairstyle and colour
Feb 25, 2016 9:19 AM

Jun 2015
That was a surprisingly cute episode. I dunno if I could bring myself to slay those cute little fluffballs.
The more Aqua acts like a jerk, the more I like her. Is this supposed to be some kind of fetish growing inside me?
Feb 25, 2016 11:29 AM

Sep 2013
Aqua saving the day :'(
The costumes were adorable too <3
Winter Shogun looks badass.

Feb 25, 2016 11:53 AM

Aug 2013
Ok, as I said in last week thread, dropped. I have enough of this.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 25, 2016 12:12 PM

Apr 2014
We finally got to see Eris! Banzai!
And yes, Kazuma is right, we need a kami-sama exchange lol.
Feb 25, 2016 12:18 PM

Sep 2014
This was the best episode for me. Hilarious and really is making me appreciate Kazuma.
I must admit again that this show was way better then I had anticipated at first.
Feb 25, 2016 1:23 PM

Aug 2015
Those snow sprites were cute af <3

Feb 25, 2016 1:26 PM

Sep 2015
shanimebib said:
- "Kazuma! Kazuma!" (super excitedly)
- "Yes, I am Kazuma." (nonchalantly)

This anime should be rated considerably high for the voice acting alone! :D

Everytime he interjects with "Hai hai, Kazuma desu!" whenever someone says his name it cracks me up so much. Absolutely brilliant ^^
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Feb 25, 2016 2:33 PM

Sep 2014
Loved this episode! My favorite.

Although one thing bothered me a little too much. In the beginning of the episode why would the reward for killing the Demon's General that is supposed to be used for repairs on the town go towards the other adventurers? Yeah because I'm totally going to give me funds to repair the town for other people's lodgings.
Feb 25, 2016 2:46 PM

Mar 2015
Goku said:
Loved this episode! My favorite.

Although one thing bothered me a little too much. In the beginning of the episode why would the reward for killing the Demon's General that is supposed to be used for repairs on the town go towards the other adventurers? Yeah because I'm totally going to give me funds to repair the town for other people's lodgings.

The money that those adventurers got was not Kazuma's team repair money. Everyone who was there fighting Verdia received a sum amount of money (like in RPG, even if you don't do anything, you would still get like small amount of rewards)

Feb 25, 2016 3:32 PM
Feb 2009
hah he coulda came back to japan
Feb 25, 2016 7:17 PM

Nov 2015
Darkness took masochism to another level

Feb 25, 2016 8:35 PM

Oct 2012
"Hai Kazuma desu" xD

The monsters were so cute xD
Fuyu Shogunnnnn kayooo?

"I don't mind even if they're pads"
Best quote of the day xD

Should have taken Eris' reward
Now Kazuma will regret that.. But still fantasy > real world xD
Rayl1ghtFeb 25, 2016 8:45 PM
"Signature removed"
Feb 25, 2016 10:09 PM
Mar 2014
Funny as usual, but a bit more serious. Are we in volume 2 yet? I'm a LN reader but its been awhile. And looks like this may be only 10 or 11 episodes.
And about Eris....

also (courtesy of storm101 posting this on a different thread)
Here are the pre-order rankings

Which gives some hope for a second season
citizen169Feb 25, 2016 10:19 PM
Feb 26, 2016 4:31 PM

Mar 2013
I just realized that Gods want attention so badly.
Kazuma's line about Aqua being attention whore is quite fitting.
Feb 27, 2016 6:54 AM
May 2015
no wonder if Eris used pads because of that thief boobs. lol
Feb 27, 2016 7:25 AM

Aug 2015
Although not as hilarious as the previous eps, this episode just truly shows that whatever the suffering that Kazuma faces throughout his adventure life with those 3 dimwits, there's still some happiness deep inside him that makes him want to adventure with them a little longer, added the way he teared up on that scene is what makes this episode pretty heartwarming. Anyway I LOL'd at Eris scene using breast pads and Kazuma be like who cares if they're pads. Also loved Megumin's winter outfit, so cute.
Feb 27, 2016 1:07 PM

Mar 2009
Figured this series was worth looking into because people keep posting images and stuff from it on the internet. Watched the 7 episodes today.

Very dissapointed so far, 5/10. Need less comedy, less ecchi bullshit, more action & story.
Feb 27, 2016 2:08 PM

Jun 2015
Znote said:
Figured this series was worth looking into because people keep posting images and stuff from it on the internet. Watched the 7 episodes today.

Very dissapointed so far, 5/10. Need less comedy, less ecchi bullshit, more action & story.

A comedy that needs less comedy?
Why watch a comedy then?
Feb 27, 2016 2:46 PM

Sep 2013
The theory that Kazuma is a misogynist can no longer be taken seriously. I'm convinced at this point he's just a huge asshole lol.
Feb 27, 2016 3:15 PM

Mar 2009
TrashDax said:
Znote said:

Why watch a comedy then?

Yeah I know, stupid of me. I was looking forward to something along the lines of Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic & The Kingdom of Magic, or Log Horizon which does have some comedy in it.

Clearly I underestimated the comedy genre tag.
I love gaming, rpg, medieval, magic, adventure, supernatural, action, fantasy.
So since it had a "4/6" genres in my favor I gave it a chance.

(Assuming they cut out the ecchi bullshit that the series isn't even listed for).

I havent quite given up yet, if the storyline thickens up a bit more and the show gets more serious, I may be able to overlook the comedy and still enjoy the show. I'll give it a few more episodes until I decide if I wanna drop this.
Feb 27, 2016 3:25 PM
Jan 2013
What does a modern anime fan even know about story?Quit whining when your tastes are not even all that.Log Horizon was terrible.Poser critics these days.....

Anyways,

Manly tears have been shed.

Feb 27, 2016 8:06 PM

Mar 2015
Znote said:

Whaaa...? You're watching a wrong anime series...

KonoSuba is not even about action and story. Heck I don't think they will ever leave that beginner city or fighting the demon lord lol.

Their main objective is comedy, hence why they have an asshole, an idiot, a crazy girl and a pervert in one team. How can you have a comedy anime with less comedy? That's like asking comedians to stop making jokes.

Also what ecchi bullshit? Other than Aqua's butt shot, there is no big fanservices. Its ecchi is not even on Danmachi's level.

Feb 27, 2016 10:20 PM

Sep 2013
Znote said:

Look the Genre bro, its Comedy
Feb 27, 2016 11:07 PM

Apr 2015
This shouldn't try to be serious in any way. It gets rapidly cringeworthy every time they insert a random serious scene, even if that scene is a buildup to a comedic scene as was the case most of the time with this show.

Thus even this EP had too much seriousness. They should stick to what they do best IMO.
Feb 28, 2016 1:40 AM
Jun 2010
nep-nep said:
The theory that Kazuma is a misogynist can no longer be taken seriously. I'm convinced at this point he's just a huge asshole lol.

Lol, that's what we've all been saying, lol. He's a jerk and treats everyone the same way; the way he acts and the situations his comapion put him in is comedic which is why we enjoy him.

Unfortunately he can't surpass the love the community has over the famale cast and how mess up in the head they are.
Feb 28, 2016 8:45 AM

Jul 2009
Those Snow Sprites were so cute ... I knew something had to be up :P Poor Kazuma gets beheaded and then ... aww, he misses everyone! I guess he gets healed by Aqua and reincarnates again ... even though he missed his chance to go back to Japan XD Lots of great lines like him saying "Yes, I'm Kazuma" and "they're pads?!" Too bad the "main heroine" Eris probably won't be met again unless he dies ... again :P
Anyway great episode, and a nice change of pace ... some sweet moments and friendship when Kazuma respawned :')
Feb 28, 2016 10:17 AM
May 2015
Znote said:
TrashDax said:

Why watch a comedy then?

Yeah I know, stupid of me. I was looking forward to something along the lines of Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic & The Kingdom of Magic, or Log Horizon which does have some comedy in it.

Clearly I underestimated the comedy genre tag.
I love gaming, rpg, medieval, magic, adventure, supernatural, action, fantasy.
So since it had a "4/6" genres in my favor I gave it a chance.

(Assuming they cut out the ecchi bullshit that the series isn't even listed for).

I havent quite given up yet, if the storyline thickens up a bit more and the show gets more serious, I may be able to overlook the comedy and still enjoy the show. I'll give it a few more episodes until I decide if I wanna drop this.

You should probably drop this if you're waiting for this series to be more serious.It will have some serious moments but in the end its lot more about comedy than other stuff
Feb 28, 2016 2:05 PM

Mar 2009
I just found out what I was looking for! :D

The anime: Hai to Gensou no Grimgar

Ep 6 now, so good! ;_;
Feb 28, 2016 2:11 PM

Apr 2014
Znote said:

Ep 6 now, so good! ;_;

Good for you but you're in the wrong thread.
Feb 28, 2016 4:43 PM

Mar 2009
Z4k said:
Znote said:

Ep 6 now, so good! ;_;

Good for you but you're in the wrong thread.

Sometimes you gotta end where you start, which in this case was this thread. :)
My journey of curiosity, regret, but then lead to discovery! Creating the good kind of ending! :D

Gotta keep your folks updated. ^^
ZnoteFeb 28, 2016 4:48 PM
Feb 29, 2016 5:46 AM
Dec 2009
Aww, one of my favorite recent episodes. We got a bit of story again. I guess this was Kazuma's last chance to revive?

I loved the snow scenes! They all have cute outfits. And Snow Shogun was cool too ;)
Mar 1, 2016 8:47 PM

Jun 2013
While probably the weakest so far, this was still a really funny episode!
Mar 2, 2016 1:19 PM

Dec 2012
He loves them anyway :)
Mar 2, 2016 2:00 PM
Jun 2010
Lararin said:
Aww, one of my favorite recent episodes. We got a bit of story again. I guess this was Kazuma's last chance to revive?

I loved the snow scenes! They all have cute outfits. And Snow Shogun was cool too ;)

Nah, he dies again a 2nd time but it's more of his fault that he died. It will not be cover in the anime since it's in the 6th volume when it happened.
Mar 2, 2016 2:28 PM
May 2015
LazyLuong said:
Lararin said:

Nah, he dies again a 2nd time but it's more of his fault that he died. It will not be cover in the anime since it's in the 6th volume when it happened.

Blackmail and love make anything possible :P
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jan 12, 2016

389 by JLDAVYD_ofc »»
May 2, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2016

416 by knowndisc »»
Apr 28, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2016

219 by Comander-07 »»
Apr 27, 3:11 AM

» Netflix English subs are garbage - Crunchyroll is way better

Logikx - Apr 16

16 by Normie_X-2 »»
Apr 18, 10:05 AM

» Who will end up with Kazuma ?

lightning_angad7 - Apr 3

24 by rohan121 »»
Apr 8, 11:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.