Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 7, 2016 12:25 PM

Aug 2015
Mika brings the lols. Dude knew who the man behind the mask was and calmly asked why was the chocolate man here. xD great episode as always.
Feb 7, 2016 12:35 PM

May 2015
shanimebib said:
White_Hawk2099 said:

lol i knew it immediately. XD Orga and the others are so dense.

I don't know what you are trying to imply here. Orga never met Chocolate Aznable. Only Biscuit, Atra and Mika met him. Atra was not even present when he showed up this time. Going by what you have said, the only one who missed it is Biscuit. Regardless, it's not easy to recognize a person just by voice alone unless one is very sharp (Mika); particularly when you have met that person only once (Biscuit in this case; you may add Atra here for future discussion purpose if it recurs).

I apologize. I seem to have them all meeting Chocolate man in the field in my memory. Thanks for clearing that up
Feb 7, 2016 12:41 PM

Dec 2011
Watching through the episode, when they have shown Chocolate Man meeting with Naze and Orga/Biscuit/Kudelia, I am like where is Mika? I wanna see his reaction seeing Masked Chocolate Man...

and he did not disappoint, he discovered Chocolate Man right away. Hahaha.

The feels at the end, where both Atra and Kudelia are crying. >.<
Also, the name "Fumitan" in their tablets. Woo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2016 1:00 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
shanimebib said:
Valencia said:
Does anyone else feel that Lacus Clyne speech

Not really. Lacus Clyne was our happy-go-lucky princess for almost the entire anime. And she didn't have to go through such setbacks Kudelia went through. I think she was pretty average until the final few episodes of SEED which skyrocketed her popularity.

Agreed, Lacus's words never had much weight in them anyways, at least not like Kudelia's speech in this episode. could almost say the same with Relena

Not much else to say here that people haven't said already. It was yet another great episode, especially in terms of Kudelia's character growth and Mika's current development as elaborated by CG's post. Also, at first, I was more or less indifferent about Atra, but she's really growing on me since she's such a nice person that it's hard not to like her for being so supportive and compassionate.
Feb 7, 2016 2:08 PM

Feb 2009
Kudelia was really cool. Until this time she was girlish. She's act decisively so I'm happy.
I laught when only Mika identified the Masked (Choco) guy.
It was an interesting episode. I am curious what will happen from this deal.
Feb 7, 2016 2:16 PM

Apr 2014
nice the triangle mikazuki consoling atra and kudelia
mika thinks kudelia is amazing
the man with the mask with takahiro´s voice.... :P----------
and orga thinking how to deal with him orgaaaaa<3
Feb 7, 2016 2:20 PM
Feb 2016
CG said:
As to Mika's relationship choices, I gotta say I don't really find the harem root appealing. I would prefer a definite endchoice, after all, whichever girl it is - although I'm partial and I want it bad to be Kudelia; while I have respect and admiration for Arta's kind soul, I can't seem to bring myself to cheer for Mika/Atra for some reason...

I'm not for the harem route either, but I keep seeing everyone hyped about it. I think I just view Atra as a kid so I super don't ship her. I wouldn't mind Kudelia, but I think I'd prefer neither of them to the harem route. :x
Feb 7, 2016 2:51 PM

Oct 2011
Kudelia's speech was very powerful

Mika knew he was Chocolate Guy XDDD LOL

Cried my eyes out for Kudelia and Atra T__T Mika's hug delivered the blow inside of me T______T
Feb 7, 2016 3:22 PM

Sep 2008
Nice ep ~ i was fine with the way it wrapped up :> but then i got to the pv for next ep with more mobile suit space battles and Barbatos eye bling coolness and now i can't wait for more gaahh
~_~ !
Feb 7, 2016 5:35 PM

Mar 2013
What's that grey haired woman's name? Is it just not revealed yet? Her character design is fucking nuts lol, she looks like she's gonna be fun.

Glad it looks like a harem end - polyamourous relationships seem to be getting more common in anime anyway, though.
Feb 7, 2016 5:42 PM

Jan 2011
Bruhh akihiro is gonna get some!? i couldn't believe it but Lafter thirst is getting real at this rate she might leave the harem king ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mika has a keen eye and smell for Char clones
Feb 7, 2016 6:34 PM

Mar 2013
now somebody needs to make a parody where Mika seens Clark Kent in the street and is all like yo wtf is superman doing here
Feb 7, 2016 6:34 PM

Jul 2010
MidAvionics said:
I thought, that all Turbines' crew are Naze's wives?
Am I wrong?

Nah you're right.

The reason they're called the Turbines is because they literally all Turbines (Naze's family name).
Feb 7, 2016 6:55 PM

Sep 2011
I laughed out loud when mika just immediately knew it was mcgillis, especially since mcgillis just sort of rolled with it and didnt bother hiding it. Though i worry that mcgillis might be using poor old gallio and ein since it doesnt seem like either of them know mcgillis is in the mask and that he was off on his own, i really dont want him to do to galliol what char did to garma cause unlike garma who was spoiled and self centered gallio actually seems to agree with mcgillis' wishes to reform the corruption in ghallajorn and seems pretty bro tier in general to mcgillis, ein, and his subordinates.

anyhow solid episode, look foreword to the next alot. Also this needs 50 episodes cause they will not be able to wrap all this up in just 7 more.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 7, 2016 8:18 PM

Dec 2013
Chocolate Aznable was way too obvious the moment he appeared and McGill disappeared from the show. Though given how little interaction they'd had with one another I'm surprised Mika was as observant as he was, and so nonchalant in pointing him out to his crew. You'd figure he'd be on edge to do something like that.

The harem is only just starting and we've only got 7 episodes left? This better have a season 2, because I don't see the plot progression nor the character development to be fast enough to accommodate a conclusion to this series in under 2 and a half hours of broadcast time, not with the speed we are going at.

Lafter's development worries me a bit though. I get the feeling that she might cause some misunderstandings between Naze and Tekkadan with her weird gloom/thirst(?). If that's what ends up leading to the downfall of Tekkadan, then that would be one of the weirdest tragedies ever.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 7, 2016 10:22 PM

Dec 2012
For once, someone who knows who the guy is! Got to love Mika pointed out Chocolate Man instantly :P

Damn that crying... also love the fact next scene you can see Kudelia has some redness around her eyes after all that.

Feb 7, 2016 10:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I like how Chocolate Man's first question was "How are your twin sisters?"...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 8, 2016 2:26 AM

Oct 2015
There is so many ships going on that you can make an entire fleet.
There is LafterxAkihiro, AtraxMikaxKudelia and probably Orga with that blonde lady.
I'm loving those last episodes, I think that this series is shaping out to be a pretty solid 9.
Feb 8, 2016 2:30 AM

Aug 2015
DarkSynopsis said:
For once, someone who knows who the guy is! Got to love Mika pointed out Chocolate Man instantly :P

Damn that crying... also love the fact next scene you can see Kudelia has some redness around her eyes after all that.

I noticed that too. It was a nice detail they added.
Feb 8, 2016 2:35 AM

Aug 2015
Mika is keeping it too real, noticing Chocolate Man immediately.

I think Chocolate's mask is actually pretty nifty, but I wish he'd gotten a different wig. The one he has now is ridiculous.

Can't wait for Chocolate man to suit up in Grimgerde and help out the crew! It is such a badass suit.

Poor Kudelia. Just let it all out, crying will make you feel better plus you get a hug from Mikazuki
Feb 8, 2016 3:14 AM

Aug 2008
redd530 said:
Even Mika knows that Harem route is best route.

StormGinei said:
O.o lafter x akihiro?

I've been thinking this since they started practicing together. If Lafter wasn't part of Naze's harem then I'd ship them so bad. XD

Glad to know I wasn't the only one. Yes, since the first time they started dueling... Something clicked on my head. Then there was their training, and she (in particular) caring about Akihiro's brother ordeal... And now this latest hint. He's just a little TOO much on her mind. Which I like, since again, I think they make a great match.

Hey, whoever said a girl can't have a harem for herself as well? :3

But yeah. There's the thing with Naze. This could end up tricky... I really like Naze, after all. But I also like Lafter. And I also think she'd be a good match for Akihiro... Damn. Or, of course, it could just be that she sees Akihiro as nothing but sorta like a little brother to look after. I'm confused lol

Anyway. Who knew those two characters were the same? There was the same voice deal though. But it didn't really occur to me lol
GenixFeb 8, 2016 3:22 AM
Feb 8, 2016 4:46 AM

Sep 2014
Looks like the masked man was chocolates guy. It's funny how everyone was just like "Oh, let's show masked man around and see if we can find out who he is. Then this little dude looks at him and spots him out in one second. HA!!

Also, that crying scene. I was sure they were going to kiss if little me clementine wasn't there. SO CLOSE!!!!(yes, they arleady kissed once)

Lastly, two issues:

Was the amazon always THAT big? Dem mellons and DEM HIPS!!!!!!!!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Oh, she's going to be a bag of fun.
Feb 8, 2016 5:34 AM

Jun 2013
and that's the power of words kids learn it lol
Feb 8, 2016 6:44 AM

Dec 2014
Smooth playa Mika
Feb 8, 2016 7:45 AM

Jan 2013
That ending, Mikazuki and his harem haha
Next episode seems promising.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 8, 2016 1:44 PM

Oct 2013
Genix said:
redd530 said:
Even Mika knows that Harem route is best route.

I've been thinking this since they started practicing together. If Lafter wasn't part of Naze's harem then I'd ship them so bad. XD

Glad to know I wasn't the only one. Yes, since the first time they started dueling... Something clicked on my head. Then there was their training, and she (in particular) caring about Akihiro's brother ordeal... And now this latest hint. He's just a little TOO much on her mind. Which I like, since again, I think they make a great match.

Hey, whoever said a girl can't have a harem for herself as well? :3

But yeah. There's the thing with Naze. This could end up tricky... I really like Naze, after all. But I also like Lafter. And I also think she'd be a good match for Akihiro... Damn. Or, of course, it could just be that she sees Akihiro as nothing but sorta like a little brother to look after. I'm confused lol

I'm seeing it happen(or more like I'm kinda hoping for it as an added bonus to what's already an excellent show).

Naze's cool & all but hey, his vast harem might be a bit too much even for him. His main waifu Amida seems to be getting most of his attention anyway and Lafter's the type that demands it a lot as well. If she has a kid with him already though, I'm not counting on it happening.
Feb 8, 2016 2:39 PM

Sep 2011
wakka9ca said:
I like how Chocolate Man's first question was "How are your twin sisters?"...
I really liked that mcgillis didnt even bother damage controlling there and just sort of rolled with it. not for that scene at all but mcgillis has a metric fuck ton of potential as a char clone, and frankly we need a good one after the abomination that was captain mask.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 8, 2016 2:55 PM
Sep 2015
Anyone else perhaps think the possibly of a political marriage between chocolate man and kudelia?

Also I'm not a fan of the harem, mikelia must happen. True otp.
Feb 8, 2016 7:02 PM

Dec 2008
That scene with Atra, Mika, and Kudelia had me crying too. I wanted Orga to come and console me.
Feb 8, 2016 9:11 PM

Jul 2012
Instead of going on like no one died, I'm really glad they showed those last few shots at the end of the crew grieving for Fumitan.

It was a really touching scene when Mika and Atra consoled and reminded Kudelia that she's not alone after losing Funitan. Seems like reality has really hit her after seeing the massacre and Fumitan die right in front of her eyes. She's getting some nice development.
Feb 9, 2016 8:14 AM
Dec 2015
agrg25 said:
Anyone else perhaps think the possibly of a political marriage between chocolate man and kudelia?

I don't believe it. McGuillis already have a political marriage with Gaelio's sister, Almiria.
Feb 9, 2016 9:14 AM

Sep 2013
Celinha87 said:
agrg25 said:

I don't believe it. McGuillis already have a political marriage with Gaelio's sister, Almiria.

Yeah its true I don't believe Chocolate guys will be together with kudelia, because it will create another conflict in earth.

I don't wanna Aldnoah twist is happen in here again lol
Feb 10, 2016 3:27 PM

Sep 2011
desertkona said:
Celinha87 said:

Yeah its true I don't believe Chocolate guys will be together with kudelia, because it will create another conflict in earth.

I doubt this will go aldnoah retarded, mcgillis is definitely a double agent playing both sides, its probably a safe bet to say hes gonna be the main antagonist by shows end

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 10, 2016 4:25 PM
Dec 2015
JizzyHitler said:
desertkona said:

I doubt this will go aldnoah retarded, mcgillis is definitely a double agent playing both sides, its probably a safe bet to say hes gonna be the main antagonist by shows end

I have the same vision about McGuillis.
Feb 12, 2016 6:15 PM

Apr 2007
It's about time we learn why Ein cared so much about Crank .-.

Mika figuring out who's behind the mask right away, Lafter showing more feelings for Akihiro, Mika holding his ladies as they cry, kids on the ship showing they miss Fumitan. Some real nice moments in this episode.
Feb 14, 2016 10:25 PM
May 2012
1. Man I feel bad for both Kudelia & atra after I seeing them cried at the end...

2. Urgghh!! The dumbass guy who look like hitler as seen ln Ep5 is back! Now he's on the side with that Masked guy (mcgillis).
Feb 15, 2016 12:26 PM

Dec 2014
Saw this week's episode and last week's in a mini-marathon, which as usual was pretty satisfying- nitty gritty action and complex politics in one hour-long moviefest.
But for the sake of disscussion, I'll try to limit my thoughts to this episode- save for the fact that THE NEW SUITS ARE AWESOME!!! So loving Gusion Rebake and Ryuusei-GO (took some renaming from 5Ds, eh? Yusei-Go XD).

Kudelia's speech was pretty good- not too long, but sharp and to the point. All of humankind is now aware of the darkness within Gjallahorn, which will make it easier for Chocolate Guy and Gali Gali (lol) to make their respective movements towards reformation.
And yes, I mean movementS. It's pretty clear that Gaelio has no idea of what his old friend is doing behind the mask, and I'm expecting a nasty clash between them when push comes to shove.

Speaking of Gaelio, Ein. That guy has some serious Graham Aker vibes on him, or maybe something closer to Soma Pieres. When Gaelio does eventually get harmed in battle, or when the timeskip occurs (I'm assuming) at the end of season 1, he's going to undergo some sort of change- whether it's to get the AV system or to become a *Master Pilot!*, he won't be idle for much longer.

Why is it that every single one of these high-ranked politicians and gang leaders is either a strange old woman or a pervy old man? Somebody in character development is enjoying themselves too much with that, I swear.

And last but not least, SHIPS. Oh boy, the ships. MikaXKudelia and MikaXAtra have combined into an OT3! Everyone, SET SAIL!!!
Then LafterXAkihiro. That is one ship I am really hoping will set sail. I mean, "Darling" has clearly not been showing her enough love, and their interactions are just SO CUTE!!
But even they don't have anything on Shino and Yamagi- they're both fairly minor characters, but it's been clear that Yamagi has something for Shino since episode 5!! One day, he'd better confess, or else DEATHFLAGS.
Eagerly awaiting a chance to watch the next episode. It looks like Gali Gali's back again, and we'll finally see Kabuki Lady and Chocolate Mask in action!

EDIT- (Forgot about this at first, but I just realized:
1- Mika spotted Chocolate behind the Mask immediately- nose of steel, that one.
2- The first thing ChocoMask said upon his reveal was "How are your twin sisters?" LOLICON CONFIRMED- GET THIS GUY AWAY FROM ATRA)
Feb 19, 2016 4:24 PM

Apr 2015
Celinha87 said:
RayAdha said:
Relena Clone Kudelia saved the day.....

Sorry, but Aina is very different of Relena ;)

Relena was spoiled and an annoying character. They can be clones only if you are talking about the hair color. So far Kudelia is impressing me with her attitude

And about the 'new' couple Akihito xLafter i don't know yet if i'll ship them. So far they didn't have any love scene that could make me cheer for them. I think she is a nice match for Naze but maybe she is upset that he didn't give her much attention
Feb 20, 2016 12:50 PM
Dec 2015
sun123 said:
Celinha87 said:

Sorry, but Aina is very different of Relena ;)

Relena was spoiled and an annoying character. They can be clones only if you are talking about the hair color. So far Kudelia is impressing me with her attitude

And about the 'new' couple Akihito xLafter i don't know yet if i'll ship them. So far they didn't have any love scene that could make me cheer for them. I think she is a nice match for Naze but maybe she is upset that he didn't give her much attention

I totally agree about Ainda and about the ''couple''. But i think that Lafter and Akihiro make a such baddass couple <3
Feb 29, 2016 5:14 AM

Jan 2014
Mika is good enough for two girls!
Some crying every now and then helps a lot :)
Fredo_p said:
Was the amazon always THAT big? Dem mellons and DEM HIPS!!!!!!!!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Haha, my thoughts exactly xD
Mar 6, 2016 12:24 AM
Mar 2012
Kudelia maturing, her speech & plan suddenly more amazing than Orga in Mika's eyes.
Choco man busted, even before opening his eyepatch to Mika. I suspect Mika's olfactory sense is sharp, as he talked about smells left on mechs.
I see it too, Lafter thinks about Akihiro.
What a warm & fuzzy triangle Mika. With Fumitan's memory, end leads perfectly to the ED song.
Mar 9, 2016 7:04 PM

Oct 2008
greate episode indeed!
lots of higher-ups on earth involved!
McGillis pulling the strings from behind! and he want to reform the Gjallarhorn from corruption! doing it like a badass manipulator!
Just the words of Aina Kudelia made the whole fleet totally stop it's movements! you're DA gurl!
That was a heatwarming hug of Mikazuki to the 2 girls!
5/5.

Mar 12, 2016 4:42 PM

Feb 2013
This gundam anime is suffering from a severe lack of action.

Lafter, hun, why so gloomy?
Mar 16, 2016 1:36 PM

Jan 2008
Dude gets recognized my Mika, first thing he asks is about the twin little girls. Good to know he still has his priorities straight.
Mar 18, 2016 6:42 PM

Nov 2011
I nearly burst out laughing when Mika identified "Chocolate Man" so casually. That was great, and it didn't faze McGillis at all. I'm glad that's more out in the open.

I really liked the development with Mikazuki this episode, particularly his recognition that there are things that Kudelia can do that even Orga can't, along with his pledge to help her. This is one of the first times we've seen him act independently from Orga, so I'm thinking we'll see some character growth.

The crying scene at the end was fairly nice since Kudelia definitely needed an outlet.

This really needs a second season. Even if they could somehow wrap it up this season without doing something wonky, it feels like there would be so much wasted potential.
Mar 19, 2016 2:25 PM

Jul 2013
The dialogue felt sloppy here. Particulary from Atra. Still, Mika hugging like it was nothing was pretty lulz. Interesting show from McGuillis, he grown to be the most interesting character on the show.
Apr 2, 2016 8:39 PM

Jun 2013
Relena 3.0 did something good other than just cry and pretend to be an authoritative figure.

Also... DAMN MIKAAAAA, back at it again with the white chick harem.
臭い-
Apr 5, 2016 10:23 AM

Dec 2012
I'm really liking how Kudelia is shaping up. Even in the face of losing Fumitan, she's still trying to remain pragmatic and fulfill her cause. It's just as Mikazuki has said time and time again, she really is amazing.
Jun 30, 2016 4:53 PM

Jan 2013
Nice ending scene. Alright episode this time
Oct 15, 2016 3:27 PM

Apr 2013
Was worth while to wait until the first season was over. Though I guess i should have waited for the 2nd season to end as well haha. This is gonna bother me a lot and on a weekly basis for the next 24 episodes of s2.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

245 by wallus81 »»
May 3, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2016

148 by wallus81 »»
May 3, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

176 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 25, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 24, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 23, 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.