Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 30, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice. I thought the action was neat this episode in DRRR! style. The kick and fighting was all over the place.

Kujiragi knew a lot more about Saika than originally let on. Quite a thrilling way for the other two girls to take it all in. Shizuo's role feels somewhat different than what I had normally expected but he is still a badass. Eh, I think Haruna underestimated her opponent this episode. I'm curious to see what else Kujiragi has to say next time and also hoping Shizuo will play an important role in this arc.

Stark700Jan 30, 2016 8:32 AM
Jan 30, 2016 6:57 AM

Nov 2007
Interesting talk to understand more info. of why womanizer guy wants to take over Mamo's character's group... So Shimono-san's character's group was somewhat related to them in the past... Wow, he's strong and capable of not losing his hat.

Saika explanation. Hanazawa-san's character is too kind to use Saika. lol @ otaku girl barged in, and she invited her to her club since she saw nekomimis.

Another group barging in to the fight between Mamo's character and womanizer guy.

A guy in the jail who got controlled told OnoD's character about the head. He got out and saw assassin lady attacking.

That another Saika girl met the father who searches for the daughter and got captured.

Both FukuJun's character and his father used shots to calm the siblings that involves with the fake head girl was funny. Stronger Saika lady found FukuJun's character and Celty.

More fights on Mamo's character.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 30, 2016 8:27 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I don't even know what to say about this episode but I can say that YESSSSSSSS SHIZUO IS BACK!!!!!! (And is ready to fuck up Izaya yet again lol)

So much stuff happened that I can't really fully process what went down lol....The discussion/fight between Masaomi and Chikage was just awesome....The apparence of Mallet Man and that whole ordeal was just intense

Then there's the continuation of the Saika Trio conference which revealed even more interesting stuff like how Kasane is pretty much the original etc and then all that stuff with Celty, Best Girl Varona being outed by Shizuo and then the capture of Haruna by that mysterious guy from last week had me screaming WTF O_O

Saying that shit has gotten real is an understatement at this point and I know that things are going to get even crazier lol
TokoyaJan 30, 2016 8:34 AM
Jan 30, 2016 8:29 AM

Sep 2014
I love it how whenever anything happens Shizuo still assumes it's Izaya, can't blame him though.
Seeing Masaomi fight was really cool.
Jan 30, 2016 9:03 AM

Dec 2014
That pedophile is just disgusting... now with the power he has, I really hate him.
Jan 30, 2016 9:08 AM

Aug 2010
Kida vs Rocchi was awesome. Damn Kida's flexible and agile AF XD Rocchi's endurance is insane as usual. Falling that fall and pretty much not being affected lol
Poor Kida he's sure having a busy day after Izumi came too ^^;

Erika being awesome as usual getting directly into a conversation with Kasane inviting her to cosplay like that. Lol'd @ Kasane wanting Gothic lolita XD

Seiji wanting to raid the police station for the head and then Namie getting injected in the ass was hilarious.

Shizuo's going after Izaya's ass again lol

Didn't expect Haruna to be done in by Takashi like that :O She's crazy but it's kinda f'd up that Takashi's just talking about her body like a sex doll in front of her dad like that

I really wonder what Kasane wants with Shinra and Celty.
Jan 30, 2016 9:22 AM

Feb 2014
I like more and more the opening and the ending.
Jan 30, 2016 9:27 AM

Oct 2014
The Saika trio was pretty interesting but it went down pretty much how i imagined with Anri keeping Saika. It was interesting that Haruna was ready to fight Kasane until Erica showed up. I've got to say I love that side of Kasane xD

That fight was awesome it's clear who was stronger but Masaome was winning imo, then Aoba's big brother shows up to crush the Yellow scarves. But holy shit was that blood from his head or Kida's hand. Either way he's really lucky that Chikage is there because that guy with the Mallet has nothing on him.

More Shizuo x Varona :D looks like he finally realized she's the one back from Kadota's fight which means their relationship is about to get way more interesting.

Kasane seems to want Celty's head for some reason and I'm really interesting to see what's going to go down between them.

Finally the best part of the episode for m
KADOTA WOKE UP!!!
Jan 30, 2016 9:34 AM

Aug 2015
The fight between Kida and Rocchi was quite entertaining, I definitly am hungry for more. :p

I still don't quite grasp the concept of Saika, though.
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
Jan 30, 2016 9:37 AM

Mar 2015
I loved it, this cour of Durarara is way better than the last one, at least until this episode.
The action is better, the transition with the character is better, atmosphere is better.

Proof of this is that pre sales are higher than the other cour, which is good,
although late.

SHIZUO IS FINALLY BACK!!!!!, now i want a fight with Izaya, you can..!
Jan 30, 2016 9:50 AM

Sep 2015
Chikage Kida fight and Anri meeting Kujiragi. Character development feels so good.

Overall great episode. More character interactions just the way the fans like it and ending on a mysterious not with Kujiragi coming to Shinra and Celty. Looking forward to the next one ^^

I feel really bad for Namie though
Jan 30, 2016 10:15 AM

Jan 2013
Nice fight between Kida and Rokujo, but that move of his jumping off the building was dumb af.
Jan 30, 2016 10:32 AM

Jul 2015
Shizuo finally appeared !!! so now lack it finds the izaya and quarrel again
Jan 30, 2016 10:46 AM

Jun 2014
Shizuo is finally back! Looks like things are just going to get crazier from here, but that's expected from an anime like Durarara.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 30, 2016 10:58 AM

Apr 2015
The Saika users all have different views, making this a conflicting mashup. Kasane getting interested in cosplay, lol. It's good that Shizuo is back, but I'm hoping Haruna will be okay.
Jan 30, 2016 11:18 AM

Aug 2015
Great episode! glad to see Shizuo is back!
Jan 30, 2016 11:30 AM

Nov 2012
shizuo is finally back <3<3<3<3
and the fight between kida and chikage was pretty nice.
Jan 30, 2016 11:44 AM

Feb 2013
Yay at last Dotachin is awake! I hope we could see him in the nex ep.
And Shizuo is back as well, prepare yourself Izaya.
Jan 30, 2016 11:47 AM

Jul 2015
Lol at the moment when this dude controlled by Saika was telling Shizuo to do something and then he suddenly gets released. The fight between Masaomi and that one dude was intense.
ReguIusJan 30, 2016 11:53 AM
Jan 30, 2016 11:52 AM
Aug 2014
Shizuo!! Finally! I hope he gets more screen time. Also, Rocchi is VERY durable. Proven already with his fight against Shizuo but still. I'm sure many noticed the bone sticking out of Kida's hand after he punched Izumii in the forehead.
Jan 30, 2016 12:40 PM
Jul 2018

Chikage somehow survived that long a fall, oh, anime logic at its finest. Poor Kida, at least in the midst of fighting he got some well deserved screentime (now let's give some to Mikado as well!!).

Izaya get basically no screentime this episode (much to my relief as he's one of the characters I don't particularly like), and Shizuo breaking out from jail, only to be released anyway was quite funny.

Although I thoroughly enjoyed the last part, which really made me chuckle, so any needles… so little time. Shinra's little guild is so precious.

Hmm, Kasane and Celty gon' meet, I wonder what she has to say exactly?
Jan 30, 2016 12:48 PM

Jun 2015
Shizuo and Kadota are back :D
Kida vs Rocchi was interesting, I love Rocchi's fighting style.
Hahaha Kasane is joining Erika's cosplay group
No pedo guy is back...
OMG hope Varona doesn't betray Shizuo!

Jan 30, 2016 1:06 PM

Jul 2014
Hopefully now that Shizuo is back we get to see him be a badass again. It's been way too long since that last happened.
Jan 30, 2016 1:22 PM

Mar 2014
That moment with Shizuo and Varona was fucking dope

There were moments where the art looked terrible though, I hope the next episode's going to look better
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 30, 2016 1:28 PM

Sep 2012
Well, it was still an interesting episode. Just not quite as good as last week in my opinion. Thought I admit that I am entirely biased with my love for Izaya. Definitely. I did enjoy seeing Shizuo not go into a rage just at the thought of Izaya. Character development. Now that's some minor buildup to you know what for those who get it (not looking forward to it). I mean, I think it is at least. Admittedly missed Izaya this episode.

But there was some good other shit going on. Anri stands strong in her ideals mostly. Kujiragi is very much not human. (There are theories about that and I'm not surprised that she's not human. We kind of already know with her Saika reveal or something, but this just verifies it.) And now we have main antagonist #2. Her biggest threats are Awakusu-kai, then Tsukumoya Shinichi, and finally Orihara Izaya. From what I remember. Too bad Tsukumoya isn't included. Still kind of pisses me off.

Erika was great as always. Loved the villain getting in on some cosplaying. But it kind of makes me feel bad for Izaya. He really seems inwardly lonely. Also missing Simon now that I think about it. It's been a while. I love Shinra, but he honestly is a selfish asshole mostly. Sorry, I'm just salty for certain reasons that I don't think have happened yet. Not totally sure.

To wrap this up nicely: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, SHIZU-CHAN AND KAMIYAN!!!!!!!!!

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Jan 30, 2016 1:51 PM

Dec 2012
Nice fight between Masaomi and Rokujo.
Kujiragi interested in a little cosplay.
Good to see Shizuo out of prison. Hope we get to see him destroy stuff later on.
Lol Seiji and Namie both getting sedated.
Kujiragi makes an appearance into Shinra and Celty's apartment. I wonder what she wants.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 30, 2016 1:54 PM

May 2015
Best episode of this season so far imo
but I do not like where things are going

I want Izumii to wreak some havoc but most likely he will be beat since chikage butt buddy is there to help.

and the Erika x Kasane moment was great, please let us see some kasane cosplay

looking forward to next episode
Jan 30, 2016 2:22 PM
Jun 2015
Umm, that journalist seemed pretty chill about creepy pedo teacher saying that stuff about his daughter in front of him. I would've beat that ass.

Things are starting to act up again, which is cool.

The Kida vs. Chikage fight was awesome, and I was shocked to see Izumii show up. (no LN spoilers please)
Jan 30, 2016 2:34 PM
Mar 2015
So the Child Molester Teacher from season 1 was the guy that ran over Kadoya? And On top of that, he wants to rape the long haired Saika chick even though he didn't really like her?

On a side note: SHIZUO IS BACK BABY!!!

Jan 30, 2016 3:01 PM

Mar 2012
srlovespandas96 said:
Umm, that journalist seemed pretty chill about creepy pedo teacher saying that stuff about his daughter in front of him. I would've beat that ass.

He was being controlled by Saika. Did you miss Takashi's entire explanation about that whole scene?
Jan 30, 2016 3:21 PM
Jul 2018
KaiKatsuya said:
srlovespandas96 said:

He was being controlled by Saika. Did you miss Takashi's entire explanation about that whole scene?

Eh, I'm not sure everyone understood exactly what he was saying. I saw some similar confusion elsewhere as to what exactly was going on, to me it's pretty obvious, but it may not be obvious to others because his eyes don't look "soulless" or "possessed" unlike most Saika hosts.

removed-userJan 30, 2016 9:06 PM
Jan 30, 2016 3:26 PM

Aug 2013
I still wonder why Varona even bothered getting Shizuo out of prison before the explosion, you couldnt even kill that guy if you dropped a nuke right on his head.

Jan 30, 2016 3:50 PM

Feb 2014
CLAMP limbs everywhere D:
Jan 30, 2016 5:28 PM

Aug 2014
Hahaha, why am I not surprised Kujiragi's ended up at Shinra's place? I swear that guy is a magnet for trouble. It's a shame how Kujiragi says she's going to get killed, I would hope not as I'm starting to warm up to her. It's about time we got more Masaomi but unfortunately he's just relegated to action scenes so far.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Jan 30, 2016 8:15 PM

Dec 2014
The fight was pretty cool

Sadly no Izaya this episode but Shizuo is back :DD

Seiji and Namie both got sedated xD

Kujiragi sure does know a lot about Saika and now she's meeting Celty :o

Overall it was a really good episode, Next episode things are gonna heat up even more
Jan 30, 2016 9:08 PM
Sep 2013
dizzyur said:

Eh, I'm not sure everyone understood exactly what he was saying. I saw some similar confusion elsewhere as to what exactly was going on, to me it's pretty obvious, but it may not be obvious to others because his eyes don't look "soulless" or "possessed" unlike most Saika hosts.

Not quite. To put it simply he's also another person like Haruna that has been "slashed" by a "mother" and managed to overcome Saika's control. He then explains that because he "slashed" Haruna's father more recently then Haruna herself did, he's the one that's in control. However this only applies to "children". For example Nasujima would not be able to take over control over people that have been slashed by "mother" like Egor and Sloan.

To go in a bit more detail with Saika. Owners of Saika generally fall into two groups; they're either controlled/brainwashed by Saika to do its bidding (Haruna and Nasujima) or the owner has complete control over Saika and treats it like a tool (Kujiragi). Anri on the other hand is neither and falls in between hence why Kujiragi states someone as virtuous as herself shouldn't have Saika.
Jan 30, 2016 9:26 PM
Jul 2018
Zetsubo667 said:
dizzyur said:

Not quite. To put it simply he's also another person like Haruna that has been "slashed" by a "mother" and managed to overcome Saika's control. He then explains that because he "slashed" Haruna's father more recently then Haruna herself did, he's the one that's in control. However this only applies to "children". For example Nasujima would not be able to take over control over people that have been slashed by "mother" like Egor and Sloan.

To go in a bit more detail with Saika. Owners of Saika generally fall into two groups; they're either controlled/brainwashed by Saika to do its bidding (Haruna and Nasujima) or the owner has complete control over Saika and treats it like a tool (Kujiragi). Anri on the other hand is neither and falls in between hence why Kujiragi states someone as virtuous as herself shouldn't have Saika.

Doesn't make him less of a whackjob anyway. People of... his... "persuasion" usually aren't mentally stable.
Jan 30, 2016 9:45 PM

Nov 2013
So Saika is a trap?? Judging by his expression when he touched her...(???)
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 31, 2016 1:04 AM

Jul 2014
Izumi has a forehead of steel.
ColdJesterJan 31, 2016 8:28 PM
Jan 31, 2016 2:22 AM

Jan 2009
Ahhhhhhhhh great stuff great stuff. Lots of Saika stuff yet again, not that it bothers me - it's all very interesting really.
Jan 31, 2016 3:07 AM

Jul 2012
I forgot Shizuo was in jail. I noticed the lack of him and wondered when he'd come back and it's great to see he's out of jail.
Anyways, cool episode like usual.
Jan 31, 2016 3:29 AM
Dec 2013
action scenes were nice. hopefully we get some more now that shizuo is out of jail.
Jan 31, 2016 4:24 AM

Jun 2013
Well, looks like Haruna finally found Takashi.

Anyway, the best part is having Shizuo back and Erika thinking Kasane was hot, which in fact she is. I have much to say but I'm glad that they focused more on the three hottest girls in this series, Shizuo and psycho pedophile coming back. I was going to barf if I saw anymore of Izaya's face on the screen, I've had enough of that moron from the last episode.

Let's admit it, if Anri were there then for sure Takashi would also attempt to rape her. He did in the past and he would do it again. He has a thing for big tits.
臭い-
Jan 31, 2016 5:07 AM

Jun 2013
intense fight wait Shizuo was in jail? i forgot about that
Jan 31, 2016 5:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Shizuo is back. All is good with the world.

I desperately, desperately need an OVA of only Kasane doing. cosplay.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 31, 2016 7:12 AM

Jan 2014
That was an interesting episode and as usual it moves pretty fast. That fight there was solid, and man that Toramaru leader is as hard as steel, I mean he literally plummeted into the concrete from like 10 feet above, cracking the pavement and can stand up normally? What the fuck!? Masaomi being able to fight that guy being as "normal" as he is, is fucking commendable.

And then the reunion with Izumi, another tough bastard. Oh lord these fights promise a lot.

What I did not expect was to see psycho lord Takashi back, with a Saika of his own and having overcome his own possession. This guy is absolutely disturbing, I mean if I understood well, he even went as far as lifting her skirt. No shit, this guy is insane, oh well............her chick is equally insane so between psychos they can understand each other I think?

Kujiragi was cute looking for cosplay. And that explanation of Saika. Basically you can take the original, shatter it, create new swords from it, and then repeat the process with those blades, and like that, you can multiply Saikas around the world? o_O

I lol'd at the sedative scene, at the very least Namie will be with Seiji.

PS: Is it my idea or at some point Haruna was portrayed as being MUCH taller than Anri?
Jan 31, 2016 10:55 AM

Dec 2014
Loved the conversation between the saika girls and the fight was just awsome
Jan 31, 2016 11:04 AM

Jun 2014
Klad said:
Nice fight between Kida and Rokujo, but that move of his jumping off the building was dumb af.

Calling it dumb is a tad bit late in the game since we have all sorts of fantasy/mythical things going around, we never knew there was another Shizuo's kind in the area. Kida fighting with Rokujo is similar to the hustles that Izaya gets into with Shizuo, nothing absolutely wrong there but it could have been better.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 31, 2016 11:57 AM

Feb 2015
Shizuo my bae is finally back in action ♥ + Rokujo... Kyaa ♥
This episode was epic. love it.. ^_^ This season is no doubt the bestest ♥
Jan 31, 2016 1:44 PM

Jun 2015
Man i love this ending song!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

158 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2016

117 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

260 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 10, 9:31 PM

» Favorite Durarara Character ( 1 2 )

daze3x - Feb 20, 2016

74 by Archfiend836 »»
Feb 13, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2016

85 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 3:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.