Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Feb 3, 2016 1:56 AM

Jan 2016
Dat cliffhanger, so far so good, can't wait for a plot twist

MoonJump said:
On another note, how can a powerless child beat an adult without risking death, and without relying on traps?(This kid is not Home Alone material) Besides, of course, having another adult watch, report, intervene and change.

Ikr? he could ask for agasa's tools and play detective like conan tho :p
マジ Saitama 殴り
Feb 3, 2016 1:59 AM

Dec 2012
I freaking knew it *sigh*
It was a pretty obvious formula, there's the twist i was looking for in the last ep.
Great episode nonetheless.
Feb 3, 2016 6:01 AM

Apr 2013
Aldael said:
I can deal with 10-year-olds holding hands and stuff while their peers are teasing them about it, but knowing that one of them is actually a grown man and he just can't help but blurt things like "you're pretty" and so on just doesn't feel very comfortable to me. Anime, what have you done to me?

Thank you, I was wondering why nobody mentioned this. They could have done it by having him act like he's playing along but narrating his actual thoughts of manipulation. Instead it's this awkward, genuine flirting by a 29 year old with a primary scholar. Fuck
Sh4deFeb 3, 2016 6:09 AM
Feb 3, 2016 6:34 AM

Dec 2015
Sh4de said:
Aldael said:
I can deal with 10-year-olds holding hands and stuff while their peers are teasing them about it, but knowing that one of them is actually a grown man and he just can't help but blurt things like "you're pretty" and so on just doesn't feel very comfortable to me. Anime, what have you done to me?

Thank you, I was wondering why nobody mentioned this. They could have done it by having him act like he's playing along but narrating his actual thoughts of manipulation. Instead it's this awkward, genuine flirting by a 29 year old with a primary scholar. Fuck

He's basically the 11 yo old kid with a trapped mind of the 29 yo Satoru. Don't think he's flirting at least not in my impression. "genuine" lol
Feb 3, 2016 6:36 AM

Apr 2014
if u think that an 11 year old girl cant be pretty ur just projecting ur own sick thoughts
Feb 3, 2016 7:39 AM

Apr 2013
KonoYume said:

He's basically the 11 yo old kid with a trapped mind of the 29 yo Satoru. Don't think he's flirting at least not in my impression. "genuine" lol

Don't see what you're trying to say with that first line. He's still a 29 yo guy, being in a younger body doesn't change that. Could be that his mind is colliding with that of his 11 yo self, which would explain his blurting out of things he didn't mean to say, in which case it's all unintentional. If that theory is right and they're going somewhere with it, that's fine. If it's not I can't help but feel it's awkward.

moodie said:
if u think that an 11 year old girl cant be pretty ur just projecting ur own sick thoughts

That's not even what he was saying
Feb 3, 2016 7:59 AM

May 2013
Ok this anime alone is enough to make me satisfied with this season (so far)
Feb 3, 2016 8:16 AM

Dec 2015
Sh4de said:
KonoYume said:

Don't see what you're trying to say with that first line. He's still a 29 yo guy, being in a younger body doesn't change that. Could be that his mind is colliding with that of his 11 yo self, which would explain his blurting out of things he didn't mean to say, in which case it's all unintentional. If that theory is right and they're going somewhere with it, that's fine. If it's not I can't help but feel it's awkward.

moodie said:

He was mentioning your comment but yea whatever. What's awkward about it. You feel like he's acting like a pedophile or what? -_-'
Feb 3, 2016 8:42 AM

Mar 2015
Kolios said:
I'm stating that trying to find the culprit is obviously much more fruitful than what he's been doing. The main character's psychology being affected by being in a kids body can explain some of his lacking but I think it's more to the fact that he's so dumb he's completely oblivious of trying to at least be aware of the culprit. I don't know about the manga, but the thought of whodunnit doesn't even strike him at least once.

If he at least tried or thought about it but dropped the ball, you may have a point. But the MC has been extremely oblivious on that aspect.

If I think about it right now perhaps he has been more methodical in his logic before he found out the critical date. After he found it out, his thoughts and actions completely derailed.
Feb 3, 2016 8:48 AM

Mar 2015
Sh4de said:

C'mon, guy have very obvious identity crisis from being stuck in the body of 10 (now 11) years old. As I pointed out before, he even need to remind himself he is 28 to fight off the 10-years old personality from taking over, his internal monologue proves that.

He didn't show any paedophilic tendencies before he was transported back in time and stuck inside the child's body.
Feb 3, 2016 8:48 AM

Dec 2015
Like how do you know who's the one doing all the killing if that person actually didn't act primarily? Like you'd be all detective like it's some sort of mystery game when you're in a situation where you actually went back to your childhood days. Not sure many can remember what he/she did or lived 18 years back. And the murderer actually didn't act before killing Hinazuki in 1988. She was the first victim. Before that, there was nothing going on.
And don't try to make him act like a detective, he's just your average guy trying to save his friends and family.
Feb 3, 2016 8:49 AM
Feb 2016
Sh4de said:
Aldael said:

That scene does not translate well into english. The manga explains it a little better. He was actually thinking "your'e face is clean" (as in no bruises), but the japanese word for clean can also mean pretty so when it slipped out his classmates thought he was calling her pretty.
Feb 3, 2016 8:59 AM

Jun 2008
Malise said:
Sh4de said:

C'mon, guy have very obvious identity crisis from being stuck in the body of 10 (now 11) years old. As I pointed out before, he even need to remind himself he is 28 to fight off the 10-years old personality from taking over, his internal monologue proves that.

He didn't show any paedophilic tendencies before he was transported back in time and stuck inside the child's body.

Satoru is stuck on his 10 year old body so its natural that having to pretend to be a kid might confuse him. Besides the fact that he had to forcefully become Hinazuki's boyfriend just in order to protect her, makes things really hard for him. Still I dont think he has romantic feelings for her.
Satoru is a good guy and I dont believe him to be a pedophile, but I dont know why I got the same feeling as his mom about Airi: they're a good match for each other and sometimes it seems to me she liked him and he liked her...so that indeed make him a "pedophile" because Airi is ...16 years old. Its really weird that his only possible love interest is underage :/ (and even more odd the fact that his mom approves!)

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 3, 2016 9:07 AM

Apr 2013
KonoYume said:
Sh4de said:

He was mentioning your comment but yea whatever. What's awkward about it. You feel like he's acting like a pedophile or what? -_-'

How can he mean my comment, I never even mentioned anything about it ...? This is a waste of time, you haven't made much sense so far. Anyway, there's a difference between thinking 'cute kid' and embarrassingly saying to her she's pretty like you have a crush on her. Once again, it does seem unintentional and it's only those few moments when it's a tad weird, which Satoru realizes himself. I've said my share on this, we'll see how it develops
Feb 3, 2016 9:13 AM

Dec 2015
Sh4de said:
KonoYume said:

How can he mean my comment, I never even mentioned anything about it ...? This is a waste of time, you haven't made much sense so far. Anyway, there's a difference between thinking 'cute kid' and embarrassingly saying to her she's pretty like you have a crush on her. Once again, it does seem unintentional and it's only those few moments when it's a tad weird, which Satoru realizes himself. I've said my share on this, we'll see how it develops

Well you brought the fact that Satoru couldn't say that Hinazuki is pretty just because you think it might sound awkward which doesn't (sounds more funny though imo). But yea if you think this is awkward then okay. :/
Feb 3, 2016 9:30 AM

Apr 2013
DanBan said:
Sh4de said:

That scene does not translate well into english. The manga explains it a little better. He was actually thinking "your'e face is clean" (as in no bruises), but the japanese word for clean can also mean pretty so when it slipped out his classmates thought he was calling her pretty.

Interesting, thank you.

Malise said:

I never said he's got pedophilic tendencies, a lot of words are being put in my mouth here. Just that it's awkward when he blurts out those things, but he himself realizes that. About his 11 yo mind taking over subconsciously, he obviously can't do anything about it, it doesn't change that the concept is awkward. Hopefully they're going somewhere with this, like eventually his younger self taking over, otherwise I think it's weird to write these things in.
Feb 3, 2016 11:38 AM

Jan 2016
First part was kinda dramatic,but I couldn't stop smiling for whole second part of the episode :) it was so amazing ,daamn :3 I fucking love this serie haha,but the ending tho :/
Feb 3, 2016 12:06 PM

Dec 2013
Enjoy the series so much but hope it will not turn into Unlimited Loop Works.
Feb 3, 2016 12:11 PM

Nov 2011
This cliffhanger seriously took my happy heart and ripped it out of my chest. I knew something bad was going to happen D:
Feb 3, 2016 2:21 PM
Jan 2016
Sh4de said:
KonoYume said:

If i'm not wrong, the real translation should be "your face looks pretty", or something like that, mentioning the fact that she was not beaten by her mother in the week end. And he was embarassed because he said something equivocal! I say this according to the italian version of the anime and after reading the corrispondent part in the manga :)
Feb 3, 2016 6:36 PM

May 2012
Kolios said:
Kaetokiha said:

I know you are not bashing the show, But i disagree.
Being opportunistic doesn't mean he can't kill other kids, just mean he goes for the easy ones. The killer can be someone who are hunting specific kids for wherever reason or just someone who looks for an easy prey. Can you really tell which one of those the killer is?

Also we saw in the future when the killer was trying to kidnapping that kid, but Satoru mother saw him and the killer just gave up. Seems more like he was being opportunistic there.

Satoru knows other kids are going to be killed, but Kayo was the first one killed, there is no point in going after the other kids if she is the first one to get killed, right?
There is the argument that maybe he doesn't know what day the other kids are going to be kidnapped. He doesn't have the newspaper from the future with him so most he likely doesn't remember the dates, he only knows it's after Kayo and when they were killed they all were 11 years old while Kayo was 10 years old (so before her birthday)

What kind of research he is going to do in a library? He doesn't know the killer and no one has been killed yet (in the past where he is). There is no proofs to be searched, there is no face, there is nothing because there is no crime yet. It can be anyone in town. How he is supposed to look for the killer? The anime is being realistic here, Satoru is not a detective and he doesn't have any other powers so it would be stupid to see him being able to track the killer without any clues.

How would YOU look after the killer? I doubt you have any good idea of how to find the killer. If you can't find him yourself, why do you think Satoru can?

Narrowing down list of suspects to a profile doesn't mean knowing exactly who done it.
A big part of logical deduction is using reasonable premises to reach a conclusion. Most of your post's premises is that the MC lacks skill and that finding the killer is not obvious. No shit sherlock. Do you also want to tell me that the sky is blue? You're not arguing that trying to find the killer is less worth of his time than what he's been doing until now... which is pretty much nothing except for gaining trust of this kid. Arguing that the solution is not perfect while ignoring that it's better than what the MC is doing is called an all-or-nothing thinking. It's a fallacious argument.

Someone looking for an easy prey or targeting kids for whatever reason (maybe some sort of cult) isn't necessarily a distinction that's going to shape an investigation into finding a killer. Even if it's opportunistic (the killer picks off easy prey), since the kids missing are from the same school, that still narrows down lists of suspects to someone being close to kids. It's part of the reason why the police could blame the MC's older friend. Of course the MC knows it's not him, so that's one guy off the list of suspects the MC has to try to build up.

The MC going to the library would be to read about the type of sociopaths who hunt kids. The 1990s had a good amount of information of those types of people. If he spend a couple afternoons there, he'd learn they are charismatic and tend to know the children they kidnap.

Satoru is not a detective but he can try. He did not even try. Any person with common sense would have realized that finding the killer is more effective than helping the kid get through a magical day. Knowing thy's enemy is an old chinese (actually it's universal) saying which I'm sure Japanese must be familiar due to cultural links.

The last line of your post goes to show that you can't even put forth an argument deemed of taking seriously. It lacks any logic because you're not even arguing against my argument, which was that Satoru should try because it's better and not necessarily because playing detective is certain to help him. Also you agree that I am not criticizing the anime but then proceed to argue that the anime is realistic.

Manage to be consistent first before making others read through what seems to be a post written angrily .

Bah you ignored basically everything i said and just said a bunch of things. Not worth my time since you're FAILING VERY HARD in trying to understand Satoru.

I will just say this again...there is no crime yet. He can search around all he wants, but in the end there is no information to look at.

Like i said before, Satoru is doing what he always does when his powers manifests, look for the problem and take a direct action against it. That's what he is doing by preventing Kayo from getting alone in the park. This may be prove to be a wrong choice, but he'll only know that after trying it.

I didn't write anything angrily since you can see i didn't tell anything rude to you which i would certainly do, but i can't do nothing if you think i did. In fact, my last question was a legitimate question, but it seems you got angry at it for nothing. Your post is clearly spiteful.
KaeUBWFeb 3, 2016 6:41 PM
I despise woke people.
Feb 3, 2016 9:18 PM

Mar 2010
Wow at this point this show so good. Its truly been awhile since I've watched something like this. The ending is so sad. I literally got so attached to the character chem going on.
Feb 3, 2016 10:10 PM

Mar 2014
My bet is on Kayo being fine. Just her mother abused her overnight and she doesn't want her to go to school. My bet is also on Kenya being the killer tho, and he would have to have been mighty fast to already kill and dispose of Kayo's body on the walk to school.

Good episode.
Feb 3, 2016 10:40 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
AnimeAdamOP said:
My bet is on Kayo being fine. Just her mother abused her overnight and she doesn't want her to go to school. My bet is also on Kenya being the killer tho, and he would have to have been mighty fast to already kill and dispose of Kayo's body on the walk to school.

Good episode.

About the first statement Kayo to be fine ---- I am not sure about it, but I have a really bad feeling about the last sentence spoken by Satoru in episode 4.

About the second statement Kenya to be the killer -> There were 3 victims, Hinazuki, Hiromi and a second girl from another school so it seems. If the last point is true, it would be very hard for him to kill a person who does not live close by him. I doubt that Kenya would be the killer.

If you came to that conclusion based on the last scene in episode 3, we already know that he only was discussion about the birthday from Hinazuki. The teacher himself did call for him and did give him that information.
Feb 3, 2016 11:52 PM

Nov 2014
DmonHiro said:
ttcchen said:

When did the teacher ever say he "talked" to Kayo's mom? All he said is that he sent child abuse center people there but every time he did, they weren't home. So there's never any confrontation for the mother

You might want to pay better attention. Episode 03, around 15:30. He said he net the mother several times before and he's certain of abuse.

I've noticed, but he only MET her. It could be seeing her on parents day, or maybe even talking to her once or twice about what a good student kayo is, but it never said that he told her that hes aware of the abuse. Thus kayoms mom has no reason to stop the abuse, because she thought she wasnt busted yet. Of course, we won't know whats really going on until the anime showed us, so for now we can only assume that the teacher never confronted the mom about the abuse
Feb 3, 2016 11:56 PM

Oct 2008
OMG 9.04 Ranked top 10!? that's too high!
OMG! the more I expect that everything would be OK, the more I think that every outcome would be much more worse!
OMG! whenever I hear that BGM...I always remember Madoka. Kajiura Yuki is a godsend!
6/5!!!

Feb 4, 2016 6:20 AM

Aug 2013
Kaetokiha said:
Kolios said:

Narrowing down list of suspects to a profile doesn't mean knowing exactly who done it.
A big part of logical deduction is using reasonable premises to reach a conclusion. Most of your post's premises is that the MC lacks skill and that finding the killer is not obvious. No shit sherlock. Do you also want to tell me that the sky is blue? You're not arguing that trying to find the killer is less worth of his time than what he's been doing until now... which is pretty much nothing except for gaining trust of this kid. Arguing that the solution is not perfect while ignoring that it's better than what the MC is doing is called an all-or-nothing thinking. It's a fallacious argument.

Someone looking for an easy prey or targeting kids for whatever reason (maybe some sort of cult) isn't necessarily a distinction that's going to shape an investigation into finding a killer. Even if it's opportunistic (the killer picks off easy prey), since the kids missing are from the same school, that still narrows down lists of suspects to someone being close to kids. It's part of the reason why the police could blame the MC's older friend. Of course the MC knows it's not him, so that's one guy off the list of suspects the MC has to try to build up.

The MC going to the library would be to read about the type of sociopaths who hunt kids. The 1990s had a good amount of information of those types of people. If he spend a couple afternoons there, he'd learn they are charismatic and tend to know the children they kidnap.

Satoru is not a detective but he can try. He did not even try. Any person with common sense would have realized that finding the killer is more effective than helping the kid get through a magical day. Knowing thy's enemy is an old chinese (actually it's universal) saying which I'm sure Japanese must be familiar due to cultural links.

The last line of your post goes to show that you can't even put forth an argument deemed of taking seriously. It lacks any logic because you're not even arguing against my argument, which was that Satoru should try because it's better and not necessarily because playing detective is certain to help him. Also you agree that I am not criticizing the anime but then proceed to argue that the anime is realistic.

Manage to be consistent first before making others read through what seems to be a post written angrily .

Bah you ignored basically everything i said and just said a bunch of things. Not worth my time since you're FAILING VERY HARD in trying to understand Satoru.

I will just say this again...there is no crime yet. He can search around all he wants, but in the end there is no information to look at.

Like i said before, Satoru is doing what he always does when his powers manifests, look for the problem and take a direct action against it. That's what he is doing by preventing Kayo from getting alone in the park. This may be prove to be a wrong choice, but he'll only know that after trying it.

I didn't write anything angrily since you can see i didn't tell anything rude to you which i would certainly do, but i can't do nothing if you think i did. In fact, my last question was a legitimate question, but it seems you got angry at it for nothing. Your post is clearly spiteful.

I refuted your arguments. There is no need to play ignorant because you can't retort any of my counterarguments.

Your point about there being no crime does make things harder for MC... if this was a typical crime. The police hasn't found any conclusive evidence to lead them to the real culprit anyway, MC isn't going to find any post crime evidence or make anything out of that. But since he knows there is a crime, he can better look for signs or at least be aware of oddities relating to someone being kidnapped.

The issue with the MC is that he hasn't even thought about who could be the culprit. There is no excuse for this carelessness.

His traditional way of solving problems is idiotic for the reasons I already mentioned before. I'd direct you to the first post you replied to.

If you're not getting angry then don't resort to personal attacks because someone is rightfully shitting on your precious dumb character.

Just drop it, your position is untenable. The MC doesn't have to be a genius, he just has to try and at least think about who's done the crime since that is highly rewarding compared to what he's been doing which is not rewarding at all. Logically, something with higher reward is always the better course of action if the whole point is to reach that reward. And by reward, I mean preventing killings and kidnappings.

Malise said:
Kolios said:
I'm stating that trying to find the culprit is obviously much more fruitful than what he's been doing. The main character's psychology being affected by being in a kids body can explain some of his lacking but I think it's more to the fact that he's so dumb he's completely oblivious of trying to at least be aware of the culprit. I don't know about the manga, but the thought of whodunnit doesn't even strike him at least once.

If he at least tried or thought about it but dropped the ball, you may have a point. But the MC has been extremely oblivious on that aspect.

If I think about it right now perhaps he has been more methodical in his logic before he found out the critical date. After he found it out, his thoughts and actions completely derailed.

I agree. It seems he was thinking to himself he finally solved the problem when he found out about missing day and gave himself a pat in the back too early.
CyberNTFeb 4, 2016 6:28 AM
Feb 4, 2016 7:05 AM

Mar 2014
Cyanwasserstoff said:
AnimeAdamOP said:

Good episode.

About the first statement Kayo to be fine ---- I am not sure about it, but I have a really bad feeling about the last sentence spoken by Satoru in episode 4.

About the second statement Kenya to be the killer -> There were 3 victims, Hinazuki, Hiromi and a second girl from another school so it seems. If the last point is true, it would be very hard for him to kill a person who does not live close by him. I doubt that Kenya would be the killer.

If you came to that conclusion based on the last scene in episode 3, we already know that he only was discussion about the birthday from Hinazuki. The teacher himself did call for him and did give him that information.

From the 1st episode, I feel as if the person that was trying to abduct the girl and killed Satoru's mom was Kenya. He didn't seem to look that old and adult faces don't really change that much, but if she recognized a child that became an adult last time he was seen then it makes sense for it to be him. That's probably my main reason for thinking it's him.
Feb 4, 2016 7:08 AM

Jan 2009
Whoaaah, this show has been very, very good for the four episodes so far. Really can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 4, 2016 7:55 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
AnimeAdamOP said:

From the 1st episode, I feel as if the person that was trying to abduct the girl and killed Satoru's mom was Kenya. He didn't seem to look that old and adult faces don't really change that much, but if she recognized a child that became an adult last time he was seen then it makes sense for it to be him. That's probably my main reason for thinking it's him.

Yeah, but I really doubt that Kenya could be a killer. He is ten years old, has no driving licence und that would make it very difficult if not even impossible for him to be the killer. There are 3 victims mentioned in the first episode, two of them are in his class. But the third is not even mentioned yet. It could possible mean that this child is not part of the students of that school. How could he manage to kill a child, that does not live close by ?

Greetz
Cyan
Feb 4, 2016 11:00 AM

May 2012
Kolios said:
His traditional way of solving problems is idiotic for the reasons I already mentioned before. I'd direct you to the first post you replied to.

If you're not getting angry then don't resort to personal attacks because someone is rightfully shitting on your precious dumb character.

Why is it idiotic? He does what it has to be done and seems to work every time, but he never had to go back this much and he was never involved in something so complex. Tha scene where he saved the kid from the truck, he did what he could there...what is idiotic about that?

What personal attacks? Are you crazy?

The only thing (not even remotely close to a personal attack) that i said and you could say something about is "FAILING VERY HARD" and "your post being spiteful".

Your post was spiteful, that's not a personal attack that's true and since when "FAILING VERY HARD" is a personal attack, C'mon? Tell me exactly where i attacked you in my posts?

People these days are overly sensitive...and i hate overly sensitive people.
I despise woke people.
Feb 4, 2016 11:25 AM
Jan 2013
It was pointed out several times that he can't remember all the events of that time as for some reason he was either made to forget or wanted to forget.
I cannot blame him here, having your friends murdered is a traumatic event and you will want to forget that.
Actually, they aren't showing all crucial events. They are showing events as Satoru remembers them, one at the time, so we can be missing a lot of information. As he does.
Satoru focused entirely on the fact that Kayo (assumed) first victim and changing the timeline the little bit would magically resolve everything.
His greatest mistake was complete reliance on the fact that being on right time in right place solves everything - he even thinks that one day changes everything

Him not remembering all the events of the past makes perfect sense to me as it was nearly 20 years ago that everything went down. It's just the fact that Satori, himself, stated all three victims' names during the scene where he was trying to remember the exact date that Kayo disappeared. But, like you said, I think he's banking on the idea that saving Kayo (yeah, she was the first victim) will pretty much save everyone. Hence, prevent Kayo's death and no-one else will die....although....with the way this series is going, I don't think that will be the case. But we'll see!
Feb 5, 2016 4:10 AM

Aug 2013
Kaetokiha said:
Kolios said:

Why is it idiotic? He does what it has to be done and seems to work every time, but he never had to go back this much and he was never involved in something so complex. Tha scene where he saved the kid from the truck, he did what he could there...what is idiotic about that?

It's idiotic because he wasn't just send back a couple minutes but 20 years. That stretch of time should be evidence that it takes much more effort and thinking than his usual parades.
Feb 6, 2016 9:21 AM

Dec 2013
Dat cliffhanger tho o.O
Feb 6, 2016 10:16 AM

Feb 2015
Another brilliant episode. It was really nice seeing Hinazuki so happy. Hope she's okay!
Feb 7, 2016 1:10 AM

Jul 2008
Oh damn it...of course it's not that easy.
Feb 7, 2016 2:45 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Kolios said:

It's idiotic because he wasn't just send back a couple minutes but 20 years. That stretch of time should be evidence that it takes much more effort and thinking than his usual parades.

He was send back 18 years in the past. Even though it is very new to him and thats why he does not know the best way to handle the situation.

Greetz Cyan
Feb 7, 2016 2:49 AM

Jan 2016
Gigarit said:
This cliffhanger seriously took my happy heart and ripped it out of my chest. I knew something bad was going to happen D:

A great ending for this episode. Altough it may be seemed to be a sad ending.

Feb 7, 2016 5:39 AM

Dec 2010
Was the cliffhanger a red herring? I suspect that. No matter if that's right or not, the next episode is the actually important part(everything leading up to it might as well have been a red herring).
Feb 7, 2016 7:27 AM

Apr 2014
Satoru did it! Hinazuki survived X-day. She wasn't alone, she got friends and celebrated Satoru's and her birthday. But two days after X-day, Satoru was late for school and Hinazuki was not even in school. Satoru had a sense of foreboding.
Feb 7, 2016 7:30 AM
Apr 2014
I knew it. Something wasn't right. That went way too smooth and only because he didn't see her in school at that day previously it doesn't mean that she actually was missing since morning or even the day before.

Well. The important question is if she is missing/dead now or is she just at home because her mother can't let her go to school with obvious marks?

On a side-note: nicely done episode. The suspension when the day reached its end was quite good. Especially that they showed all the possible suspects was interesting. The birthday party delivered the feelings quite good, too. And Satoru's random spoken thoughts are hilarious every time :D
Feb 7, 2016 9:50 AM

Nov 2015
Amazing episode. This shows who changing the variables doesn't necessary change the outcome.

Funny and warm episode. I liked it =)

Looking forward to more of this.

Zalmox1s said:
I can't even remember when was the last time that I was so inlove with an anime since FMAB. Everything in this show blends so beautifully and with such elegance.

People keep comparing it to Steins;Gate. I guess I`ve got to watch that too.

It's because the time travel but both series have different approaches. Still, a masterpiece you should check out.
Feb 8, 2016 1:28 PM

Dec 2009
Man this was such a lovely episode for the most part, ofc there was also a predictable end result. Definitely this seems a Steins;Gate, and thus a Time Machine, revisit.
I really adore the romantic undertones of their relationship and really want to see a positive conclusion to this series (in a happily ever after kind of sense, not a move on with closure kind of sense). One thing i noticed was the fallacious conclusion of the mother being the abuser, it seemed to me as if the mother was in a state of denial trying to maintain her relationship with <father> and that the true culprit is him, not her.

Technical stuff:

There are a lot of realistic temporal elements depicted in this story as well regarding perception. I myself, having experimented with temporal perception in correlation with relative space-time mechanics, am personally familiar with premonition-like perception which exceeds deja vu (memory correlation) in the form of a crude foresight. This effect is extremely difficult to grasp in realtime as you witness events unfold in an exact pattern you have recollection of but are unable to actively change the way it plays out. The act of defiance or desire to change events is the catalyst to them happening in the first place; a factor overlooked in the original memory. A lot of time travel concepts are based on these perceptions either directly or indirectly and is shown really well in this.

As usual, due to the nature of space, time, and electromagnetism (matter and energy), it is impossible to travel back in time without paradoxes (logic failures) or it having been predefined (predestined) in a concrete continuum (which exists within timelessness, and thus all time is any time and all the time; it's always the beginning of the universe, it's always the end, you're always sleeping, you're always watching this episode. you made the action before time, and the sense of now is a quantification of it).

Time travel fiction is always fallacious, but that's fine because it's sophisticated thought experimenting that lets you imagine alternate realities of complexity beyond our own.

Now then, waiting on the next GJM release.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 9, 2016 2:34 PM
May 2015
I mean wtf I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!

It's episode 4 God darn it! I knew this was going on waaaay too happily for episode 4!
I am so amazed though, animes that get me to worry like this in real life is stone-hard proof that it is a good anime. I am so happy because I am feeling the same feelings as when I watched Mirai Nikki, I will only pray for Kayo's safety!!! PLEASE LIVE HINAZUKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 9, 2016 3:41 PM
May 2015
I mean wtf I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!

It's episode 4 God darn it! I knew this was going on waaaay too happily for episode 4!
I am so amazed though, animes that get me to worry like this in real life is stone-hard proof that it is a good anime. I am so happy because I am feeling the same feelings as when I watched Mirai Nikki, I will only pray for Kayo's safety!!! PLEASE LIVE HINAZUKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 9, 2016 4:29 PM
Nov 2015
I knew something would go wrong, I knew it! I kind of feel like Satoru will get kidnapped too. And then, possibly save both himself and Hinazuki? I don't know, just putting it out there.
Feb 9, 2016 5:05 PM

Feb 2013
Y'know for some reason i get a weird "Misao" Vibe from this anime (props to those who know the game)

Damn though, after all that Beautiful, and i mean BEAUTIFUL scenery and moments, i flipped when they said she didn't show...i mean the entire time i'm watching i'm thinking "OK he's saved one girl but he can't forget about the rest of them, alongside the fact that he has to find the killer himself" So i didn't get too much hopes up for him to figure everything out right off the bat....but damn

Jeez, Way too good of a series so far.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Feb 9, 2016 8:36 PM

Mar 2012
"Baka nano?"
Damn, I got a liking for that phrase with her voice that I can't get over, it got in my head for some reason ahahah.
Maybe it's because her seiyuu's voice is so cute, when she told Fujinuma "Sorry for not having finished your present" with that cutie voice my heart melted :3

I thought the teacher was planning something when he called them to help him but I guess I was wrong.
This story is so intense that I almost shit myself every 1 minute and so amazingly cute that I stay like "=)" almost the entire episode.

AND GUESS WHAT, SOMETHING HAD TO GO WRONG! :c Guess that's the point to ahahah.

One of the best stories I've watched, EVER, I really hope this reaches Top 1 in the popular anime ranking, I think it is THAT good. 10/10
b1GZZFeb 9, 2016 8:40 PM
Feb 11, 2016 4:27 PM
Nov 2010
This episode was really enjoyable. I loved the slow buildup and tension from trying to change X day. They're definitely cute together. I hope it's just a cliff hangar bait as well but I doubt it.
Feb 12, 2016 1:57 AM

Sep 2015
Well the last part from this episode literally is the best part, that cliffhanger. Yes Satoru, something wrong is gonna happen. Bring the thrill now!

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

833 by saranglolxd »»
May 14, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by gr3sa3 »»
May 4, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1107 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

899 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.