Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 17, 2016 9:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Rue island hmm? Sounds like an interesting place. Might be for the setting of an epic showdown soon. I expect to see the Hachikawa Squad to investigate there soon.

Seems like taking down the One Eyed King is still a top priority. Lol, for some reason I find that interrogation so far to be rather amusing this chapter.
Stark700Jan 17, 2016 9:45 AM
Jan 17, 2016 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
CCG is gonna get rekt this arc. I can fucking feel it.
Jan 17, 2016 10:08 AM

Jan 2014
Uhuhu, CCG gonna derank after fight on Rue island. :D There gonna be many owl`s.
Jan 17, 2016 10:13 AM
Sep 2014
Too much dialog! O_O
This is why i like tokyo ghoul re the quality for 1 chapter is good.

I think were getting a rape scene here for the first time or nah. Mutsuki is in trouble and Torso is creepy af.

Were getting a war in this arc just like the tokyo ghoul part 1 ending. OMG
Jan 17, 2016 10:15 AM

Sep 2013
Wow this chapter was lengthy (at least it seemed lengthy). Much needed info dump. Sasaki as Arima's secretary :@. And his good cop/bad cop routine. Some one ffs give Furuta an oscar for his awesome performance for acting like an innocent subordinate of Kaneki. I really wonder if Kaneki doubts him or finds Furuta suspicious.

Eto ("the bandaged girl") got an "S" rating. LEL! They have no idea what's coming to them.

We got a lot of savage and hot headed Kaneki. A lot of parallels to Arima (especially the way they showed their shoes when they are walking).

So good to see Mutsuki again. Although, I am a bit worried that he is in Hachikawa's squad. I don't like that guy. And of course, where there is Mutsuki, there's Torso. Creepy bastard.

Nice to see many old faces again. Especially, the lovely and beautiful Kiyoko Aura. Always good to see her. I hope she plays a big role in this arc. Please Ishida!

Lol at Matsuri asking Kaneki to wipe out that creepy smile. Lel. Matsuri vs Yoshitoki. Haha, Matsuri got rekt in that argument.

Tatara Arc, eh? Can't wait. Finally we can see Tatara at his FULL STRENGTH. I really really want to know whats going on in Kaneki's mind. ANYTHING about Hinami would suffice.
Jan 17, 2016 10:16 AM

May 2014
I find it funny that Eto officially is only given rank S. So hilarious.
Btw. The fact that once again we were not shown what Kaneki is thinking is truly a great move by Ishida
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2016 10:20 AM

Aug 2015
is it out? If so give me a link lol
Jan 17, 2016 10:25 AM

Dec 2014
-Shiono is there for investigation, I can't believe he wouldn't know anything about Eto being a ghoul. Going straight to the point and threatening him, nice.
Furuta complaining about Eto being messy was funny. Furuta is being praised for being good in menial tasks. I understand the good/bad line but what does he mean by: I'm a kid and I don't like adults. Hoping it's not just the edge and it has some meaning.

-Marude complaining as always and Mougan being distrustful for some reason. Ui looks good considering how hard he jobbed, poor lad. Hmm...so Houji was also into studying quinques and improving their capabillities to the max, he also seems tolerant of Suzuya who's messing around as always. Yoshitoki always looking slick and Matsuri as salty as one can be. Kaneki took the snideful comment better than I thought.

-They've gathered significant intel and it seems like this will be really hard to pull considering that they said it's a fort and I think it probably has underground passages similar to V14 tunnels. How will Houji react when he meets Takizawa I wonder...Houji looks like a really good guy, I don't think Takizawa will remain indifferent if he's the one that crosses him. Matsuri being a straight-out shit but Yoshitoki took care of him well.

-I always found this guy funny, also he's not the most, how should I say. 'human' boss, I don't know how well Mutsuki deals with him considering how he was at the beginning, although this is not the beginning and he obviously changed. Overall I seriously doubt that this infiltration will go well, I mean sending 3 people to an island which is full to the brim with ghouls doesn't seem smart, but someone has to do it. Torso ready to raid, I don't think he can do much damage but we'll see.

Now then, it's a good buildup chapter but really strange as well. The points that interest me is the obvious wait of 6 months to come down on Eto, I mean he did say that he'd do it covertly but 6 months is a little too much. Also, if he's ready to reveal Eto why didn't he say in the briefing that she might be the OEK, I mean it does say that she may have hidden power but considering who she really is it's not something that Kaneki should make a 'maybe' because he knows who she is and they all know how dangerous.
Jan 17, 2016 10:26 AM

Oct 2014
Nice chapter! It was cool seeing all the upper investigators. Looks like mutsuki is getting some real trust by going on this mission. Who was that in the last panel? Torso? I'm not quite sure

Seems like another big battle as well so I wonder if re is close to reaching its climax
Jan 17, 2016 10:32 AM
Apr 2014
Takizawa looking sexy.
Arima is always absent, I bet they'll lose to Aogiri because Arima isn't participating or something.
So Tatara is a chinese overlord, noice, maybe he switches to his native language when he's serious like Karen.
RIP Hachikawa Squad and Mutsuki.
Where's Shachi?

Mangostream didn't translate Kaneki's description
Drake1000Jan 17, 2016 10:44 AM
Jan 17, 2016 10:46 AM

Dec 2014
Why are people surprised that Tatara is strong, direct subordinate of the OEK and that he's Chinese? All these things have been known since the Kaneki torture arc.
Jan 17, 2016 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
Nuvviveji said:
Why are people surprised that Tatara is strong, direct subordinate of the OEK and that he's Chinese? All these things have been known since the Kaneki torture arc.

If anything I expect him to be SSS. Ishida wouldn't keep him out of big fights for this long if there wasn't a reason to.
Jan 17, 2016 10:53 AM

Nov 2014
Ophis said:

I know, right? Things are just going too well for them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2016 10:58 AM

May 2015
Ophis said:
Exactly what I was thinking. It seems a bit too easy for them atm.

Jul 2014
The "yes, i am a kid and etc" line wins the award for the edgiest line in Tokyo ghoul and it was not only edgy, it was weird too. Amazing.

Dec 2014
Ophis said:
Nuvviveji said:

If anything I expect him to be SSS. Ishida wouldn't keep him out of big fights for this long if there wasn't a reason to.
Well he has been shown as the one who plans the actions of Aogiri, as for his battle prowess I expect it to be really high.

Also if you think of it, the CCG is getting really cocky. I mean they never even fought Aogiri's main force. Noro fucking shit up here and there and Ayato, Naki and Miza doing the same sometimes and Eto fucking around in the Anteiku arc isn't the same as attacking their base where they're all hiding. Aogiri will 'release' the strong ones and they will have to fight seriously because it's probably their last stand.

Arcanix said:
The "yes, i am a kid and etc" line wins the award for the edgiest line in Tokyo ghoul and it was not only edgy, it was weird too. Amazing.
I know, right? I mean seriously....
Jan 17, 2016 11:05 AM

Feb 2015
Drake1000 said:

It's fixed now...

Jan 17, 2016 11:06 AM

Sep 2013
mayqueen said:
Drake1000 said:
Takizawa looking sexy.
Arima is always absent, I bet they'll lose to Aogiri because Arima isn't participating or something.
So Tatara is a chinese overlord, noice, maybe he switches to his native language when he's serious like Karen.
RIP Hachikawa Squad and Mutsuki.
Where's Shachi?

It's fixed now...

No, it's not. That's only 1 line. There is a bunch of untranslated text beneath that.
Jan 17, 2016 11:08 AM

Jul 2014
Oh, i did just catch that "SLRRP"... was Touka on that page? Is that foreshadowing what i think it does?

Feb 2015
simonprasad said:
mayqueen said:

It's fixed now...

No, it's not. That's only 1 line. There is a bunch of untranslated text beneath that.

Ah, I see what you mean.

Dec 2014
Arcanix said:
Oh, i did just catch that "SLRRP"... was Touka on that page? Is that foreshadowing what i think it does?

Toukafags on suicide watch, Rio is in the house.
Jan 17, 2016 11:09 AM
Apr 2014
mayqueen said:
Drake1000 said:

It's fixed now...

It's... not? unless Suzuya's description is also Kaneki's.
Also what's with the weird image?
Jan 17, 2016 11:16 AM

Sep 2013
According to makyun.tumblr

This is the description of Sasaki Haise:

Sasaki Haise (Associate Special Class; 1st Ward; Division I; S3 Squad Secretary)

Placed in the bureau as a half-ghoul and was originally the mentor of the Qs Squad.

Capable of mimicking Arima Kishou’s maneuverability of Quinques and reproducing it with high precision.

There are now more people expecting more from him due to displaying successes in a short amount of time similar to Suzuya, but he also receives strong criticism.
Jan 17, 2016 11:43 AM

Jan 2015
Interesting development and a solid chapter, Haise really cracks me up sometimes. Would like an update on Hinami's execution date.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 17, 2016 11:44 AM
Sep 2013
Kaneki interrogating that call backs to madam A.
How are you not going to know anything about the author If your her editor.
Oh how Furuta playing the good ol partner.
Glad to see Washu get talked down to dude talks like he owns the place.
The CCG is feeling a little to confident
Noro was rekting If it wasn't for Qs
Multiple S and above ghouls
The oek himself
unknown number of ghoul experiments by Kanou
Jan 17, 2016 12:24 PM

May 2014
Am I the only one who think Kaneki just want to send off all the Special Classes to that island, so he could do some shit with Cochlea?
Jan 17, 2016 12:28 PM
Sep 2014
Rio=Shikorae confirmed?
Jan 17, 2016 12:29 PM

Oct 2011
They sent only three people to check this island? This seems like suicide O.O

I think that Kaneki is trying to use CCG - that's why he waited six months, didn't inform anybody about Eto being the same person as One Eyed Owl and is making Takatsuki investigation some sort of secret.

I miss Akira somehow. I'm curious how she and Arima reacted for Haise change of character.
Jan 17, 2016 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
_Kaneki said:
Rio=Shikorae confirmed?

Not this shit again.
Jan 17, 2016 12:39 PM

Dec 2014
Earame said:

I miss Akira somehow. I'm curious how she and Arima reacted for Haise change of character.
I also want to see Akira and her reaction to the 'new' Sasaki.
RaidenHUN said:
Am I the only one who think Kaneki just want to send off all the Special Classes to that island, so he could do some shit with Cochlea?
Something came to mind after reading this chapter, some people said the same some weeks back. He said 'Takatsuki, don't think for one second that I let you escape' but why would he call her that when he knows her real name, so it came to mind that he's planning to 'kill' the OEK Takatsuki Sen so Eto can live on undisturbed, although there's a huge backdrop to this since, well she's known, I don't think she can live without somebody recognizing her.

Although this is just my speculation and wishes.
Jan 17, 2016 12:47 PM

Apr 2014
Seems like Kaneki hasn't told anyone that Eto is the one eyed king. I'm really curious to know what he's been planning all this time.

I also like how Ishida is purposely not letting the readers know what's inside Kaneki's mind ever since he got his memories.
Jan 17, 2016 12:50 PM

Aug 2013
It's obvious that the plot shifted to Aogiri and Hinami might not be rescued in the near future if she has one. Imo CCG will strike Aogiri's headquarters with full force. Thanks to that Cochlea will be weakened and Hinami will be rescued off-screen.

there won't besome stupid shit like Eto and Sasaki saving Hinami together. LOL
Jan 17, 2016 12:56 PM

Oct 2014
Luciberi said:
It's obvious that the plot shifted to Aogiri and Hinami might not be rescued in the near future if she has one. Imo CCG will strike Aogiri's headquarters with full force. Thanks to that Cochlea will be weakened and Hinami will be rescued off-screen.

I doubt he'd make the exact same thing happen twice (ccg attacks aogiri hideout and there's a cochlea break out again) would be too predictable and anticlimactic. I think hinami will just get killed as scheduled
Jan 17, 2016 12:59 PM

Dec 2014
I just don't understand how he 'saved' based homoprince Tsukiyama but won't try to save his terrorist imouto. I mean we still don't know whether he's going to or not but he doesn't seem (emphasis on 'seem') to be doing anything about it.
Jan 17, 2016 1:01 PM

Nov 2014
Z4k said:
I also like how Ishida is purposely not letting the readers know what's inside Kaneki's mind ever since he got his memories.

Yeah. It leads to a lot of readers trying to draw premature conclusions based on the little information we received from his actions so far though.

pretentiousgabby said:
Luciberi said:

I doubt he'd make the exact same thing happen twice (ccg attacks aogiri hideout and there's a cochlea break out again) would be too predictable and anticlimactic. I think hinami will just get killed as scheduled

At this point Hinami simply being disposed of would be too predictable and anticlimatic. I don't see how they'll be able to launch a proper raid without at least somewhat weaking Cochlea's defenses.

Maybe that's just wishful thinking though.
Jan 17, 2016 1:02 PM

Aug 2012
Z4k said:
Seems like Kaneki hasn't told anyone that Eto is the one eyed king. I'm really curious to know what he's been planning all this time.

I assume this is because him knowing Eto is the OEK would put into question whether or not his memories came back. Saying Takatsuki Sen is the OEK is one thing, because he saw her face back at LE. Telling the rest of the CCG that she's Eto as well would look funny, because he has no real way of explaining it without talking about his conversation with Nico or some contrived excuse.

Or they may be holding off on changing her rating until they have undeniable proof it isn't two different people.
Aka-himeJan 17, 2016 1:06 PM
Jan 17, 2016 1:05 PM

Dec 2014
TheDustyRed said:
Z4k said:

I assume this is because him knowing Eto is the OEK would put into question whether or not his memories came back. Saying Takatsuki Sen is the OEK is one thing, because he saw her face back at LE. Telling the rest of the CCG that she's Eto as well would look funny, because he has no real way of explaining it.
He could just say that he saw her covered in bandages while he was fighting her, and guess who wears bandages, it would seem like far-fetched guess though.
Jan 17, 2016 1:06 PM

Nov 2014
TheDustyRed said:
Z4k said:

I assume this is because him knowing Eto is the OEK would put into question whether or not his memories came back. Saying Takatsuki Sen is the OEK is one thing, because he saw her face back at LE. Telling the rest of the CCG that she's Eto as well would look funny, because he has no real way of explaining it.

Arima and others know she's his favorite author. Kaneki already knew what she looked like before meeting her, plenty of ways to acquire that knowledge and it would make sense if he knew what she looked like.

It also doesn't explain why he'd wait that long to do anything.
Jan 17, 2016 1:09 PM

Aug 2012
Kvothe51 said:
TheDustyRed said:

Arima and others know she's his favorite author. Kaneki already knew what she looked like before meeting her, plenty of ways to acquire that knowledge and it would make sense if he knew what she looked like.

Knowing that Takatsuki Sen is the OEK and knowing that Eto is Takatsuki Sen are two different things. Before the Tsukiyama Operation these were considered to be three different people. Kaneki made it known that there was a connection between Sen and the OEK, but apparently no connection between Eto and the OEK or Eto and Sen was voiced.
Aka-himeJan 17, 2016 1:13 PM
Jan 17, 2016 1:23 PM

Aug 2010
Holy shit so much dialogue! Props to the translators. Must've been a pain. Loved it tho.

Matsuri telling Ken to wipe that smirk of his face was lol

So Mutsuki is still a Qs but under a different squad? Interesting.

Eto's a friggin S rank lol. If only they knew XD

Anyway we're finally getting a Tatara focused arc. Can't friggin wait!

Still wondering what made Ken wait 6 months to go and search for Sen?

Also f***n Furuta "That's the only thing I'm talented at" lol
Jan 17, 2016 1:23 PM

Nov 2014
TheDustyRed said:
Kvothe51 said:

Knowing that Takatsuki Sen is the OEK and knowing that Eto is Takatsuki Sen are two different things. Before the Tsukiyama Operation these were considered to be three different people. Kaneki made it known that there was a connection between Sen and the OEK, but apparently no connection between Eto and the OEK or Eto and Sen was voiced.

I know. I should have mentioned I was talking about the
TheDustyRed said:
Saying Takatsuki Sen is the OEK is one thing, because he saw her face back at LE.
bit.
Jan 17, 2016 1:26 PM

Mar 2012
The introduction of Special Class was definitely hype, reminds me of how One Piece introduces their Warlords.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jan 17, 2016 1:31 PM
Jan 2016
Well, after so much time he cant just simply say them about her true personality without being suspect of "harboring or concealing the whereabouts of a ghoul" . He must play it wisely and i think something is going on in his head and its rly nasty. Well I tried to conclude the plan of Hinami escaping but I give up. I'll just wait. Anyway, I feel someone is going to die and its not Mutsuki or Hogi (the force is strong in this one) . Long time no see Hachikawa. I think he is still that hotheaded bastard we saw earlier.
Dude... sending so few ppl on this island it rly gives to think that some1 wants to get rid of unnecessary trash.
Jan 17, 2016 1:31 PM

Nov 2014
On another, rather random note, the interaction between Matsuri and Kaneki reminds me of the interactions between Dexter and Doakes from Showtime's ''Dexter''.
Jan 17, 2016 1:32 PM

Oct 2014
Kvothe51 said:
Z4k said:
[spoiler]I also like how Ishida is purposely not letting the readers know what's inside Kaneki's mind ever since he got his memories.

Yeah. It leads to a lot of readers trying to draw premature conclusions based on the little information we received from his actions so far though.[/spoiler]

pretentiousgabby said:

At this point Hinami simply being disposed of would be too predictable and anticlimatic. I don't see how they'll be able to launch a proper raid without at least somewhat weaking Cochlea's defenses.

Maybe that's just wishful thinking though.
what if kaneki was the one to dispose of her tho? Highly unlikely but hey. I also thought tatara made a big point telling ayato cochlea can't be broken into again.
Jan 17, 2016 1:41 PM
Sep 2014
What if that island is floppys stronghold and not Aogiri
Jan 17, 2016 2:04 PM

Oct 2011
NorthBayAnime said:

There was Torso on that island, and he's with Aogiri...
Jan 17, 2016 2:09 PM
Sep 2014
Earame said:
NorthBayAnime said:

We'll see what happens
Jan 17, 2016 2:11 PM

Dec 2014
Earame said:
NorthBayAnime said:
WHAT IF that island is floppys stronghold and not Aogiri

So he is....
This bloddy 30 letter rule is horrendous.
Jan 17, 2016 2:29 PM

Aug 2014
That... was strange. The chapter gave off a ''calm before the storm'' feeling, even though we just finished an arc with action. Also, the general tone is like the manga's almost over, even though that can't be true. Final showdown? As if.

Arima, as the boss that he is, cannot be bothered to attend important meetings. Matsuri being annoying as usual, glad Yoshitoki silenced him. So, the CCG remains oblivious as to who Eto is, and it looks like Ken doesn't want to share that specific info, for one reason or another. Z4k raised a good point, we had so much glimpses of what was going on inside Haise's head, but now... none. Also, the One-Eyed King is mentioned again, I really want to know what's the real deal with that, besides the obvious possibility that Eto is that figure.

I couldn't help but laugh at the beginning of the first sentence of Aura's description, though.

Nuvviveji said:
I'm a kid and I don't like adults. Hoping it's not just the edge and it has some meaning.

~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.