Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jan 23, 2016 1:06 PM

Apr 2014
bastek66 said:
Akelov said:

because Ajin is better than Erased

Good joke. This cgishitfest is unwatchable.

Scanning for a person with shit taste: bastek66

Steins Gate in favorites - check ✓
Code Geass in favorites - check ✓

themanualreader@proton.me
Jan 23, 2016 1:42 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
The CGI took a bit of getting comfortable with but was fine. I try not to get too hung up on the animation types....Ninja Slayer, Flowers of Evil, etc... I figure that it's just a format used to progress a story and let it go at that. In order of things: very nice opening sequence for the action, pleasant OP that doesn't make me want to fast forward past it, and a story with characters having enough mystery to them to make me want to continue watching.
Jan 23, 2016 2:27 PM

May 2009
Akelov said:
bastek66 said:

Good joke. This cgishitfest is unwatchable.

Wow, you sure told me. Especially that according to your mal you rated S;G 6/10 which means "Fine" and still didn't finish watching CG.
How about you stop calling anyone on shitaste if you don't have even tenth of that person's total number of completed.
Jan 23, 2016 3:14 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
If Polygon's CGI was one tenth as good as their sound techs, they'd be the finest anime studio out there. Pure aural delight like Sidonia. Alas, the CGI suffers from a poor frame rate. But far from unwatchable.

The story is quite engrossing though and boy is it action packed. Another good first episode in a so far excellent first season.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 23, 2016 3:53 PM

Sep 2015
Considering the whole thing is CGI (which is often done poorly) this was not nearly as bad as I was thinking it would be. It did seem very choppy at times, but other than that it was fine.

I especially liked the regeneration particles; they were pretty cool. It's a shame this features yet more high school kids though.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 24, 2016 7:04 AM

Jun 2013
i don't care about the CG the story is interesting and it's really messed up to have the contacts in your phone labeled with just number the OP and ED are cool
Jan 24, 2016 3:08 PM
Oct 2011
That was a great start. Really got into it.

Also, the OP and soundtrack were really good.

Glad Underwater picked this up.
Jan 24, 2016 4:08 PM

Apr 2014
bastek66 said:
Akelov said:

Wow, you sure told me. Especially that according to your mal you rated S;G 6/10 which means "Fine" and still didn't finish watching CG.
How about you stop calling anyone on shitaste if you don't have even tenth of that person's total number of completed.

Well, unlike you, I'm very picky when it comes to watching anime, however I am familiar with A LOT. And I actually DID watch Steins;Gate.

MICROWAVE TIME TRAVEL FTW!

Lmao. It was dumb. Sorry, man, but I just couldn't take Steins;Gate seriously. (even if MC had a white coat on him)
Jan 24, 2016 4:34 PM

May 2009
Akelov said:
bastek66 said:

Well, unlike you, I'm very picky when it comes to watching anime, however I am familiar with A LOT. And I actually DID watch Steins;Gate.

Lmao. It was dumb. Sorry, man, but I just couldn't take Steins;Gate seriously. (even if MC had a white coat on him)

Why does taking something seriously has to do with anything here? Are you shiting on S;G fans because it's idea of time traveling isn't serious in your opinion?
Who gives a fucking shit?
Jan 24, 2016 5:05 PM

Apr 2014
bastek66 said:
Akelov said:

Why does taking something seriously has to do with anything here? Are you shiting on S;G fans because it's idea of time traveling isn't serious in your opinion?
Who gives a fucking shit?

Not only that. The show was just bad on every aspect. Characters were dull, jokes were lame, random romance out of nowhere, a transgender, etc. The 'best' part was that the story was based on some dude who claimed to be a time traveler on the internet.

Everytime I see S;G on someone's favorites, I just can't take that person seriously lol. It's just a bad taste (though I remember I also had S;G in my favorites when I just got into anime because I thought it will make me look smarter (cuz it's about science and shit))

The only reason why Steins;Gate has a high rating on MAL is because half of the MAL community relates to the fat nerd and to a guy who dresses like a girl.

Anyway, stop bashing Ajin. You have shit taste)
Jan 24, 2016 11:33 PM

May 2009
Akelov said:
Not only that. The show was just bad on every aspect. Characters were dull, jokes were lame, random romance out of nowhere, a transgender, etc. The 'best' part was that the story was based on some dude who claimed to be a time traveler on the internet.

Wow, it's so bad yet you still rated it "FINE" 6/10.

Akelov said:
Everytime I see S;G on someone's favorites, I just can't take that person seriously lol. It's just a bad taste (though I remember I also had S;G in my favorites when I just got into anime because I thought it will make me look smarter (cuz it's about science and shit)).

Now this is pathetic. You laugh at people because they have certain chinese cartoon favourited yet you were same back then and after some time you decided to become elitist contrarian who hates something because it's popular.

Akelov said:
The only reason why Steins;Gate has a high rating on MAL is because half of the MAL community relates to the fat nerd and to a guy who dresses like a girl.

I'm pretty sure they relate to Okarin, probably you did same back then.

Akelov said:
Anyway, stop bashing Ajin. You have shit taste)

I never bashed it's story. I read the manga and I liked it. I simple found this cgishitfest as disgraceful.

In short: Stop acting like some self-important prick and WATCH MORE ANIME if you want your opinions to matter something.
Jan 25, 2016 2:12 AM

Aug 2010
The CGI isn't even bad, it's a step up from Sidonia in my opinion and both are equally enjoyable. Hell, at least it's offering more than just your average cliche bullshit with a side of tits and ass ;^)

Though it does take some getting used to, but I'm rather enjoying the style thus far.
Jan 25, 2016 2:14 AM

May 2009
Akelov said:

P.S. CGI is not that bad. Get off of this hate train already. Maybe after 1000 anime completed you developed this tunnel vision to modern animation, you're unable to watch anything else

I like good cgi that Orange makes or fights in Etotama. Not this low framerate awkward shit.
Jan 25, 2016 10:00 AM

Jul 2009
I barely know anything about Kaito, but I like him more than the MC already...

I hate this kind of CGI...
Jan 25, 2016 12:31 PM

May 2015
Mastergold said:
I bet that the majority of the comments will focus more on the CGI instead of the actual episode.

-Mastergold
i know right..
i liked it anyway. But i'm guessing watching the first movie would negate the need to watch the episodes....right?
Jan 25, 2016 12:40 PM

Apr 2015
White_Hawk2099 said:
i know right..
i liked it anyway. But i'm guessing watching the first movie would negate the need to watch the episodes....right?

The tv version has more scenes, adds a few more details in comparison to the movie, and apparently is more faithful to the manga. But yeah! if you watch the movie then there's no need to watch the tv version.

-Mastergold
Jan 25, 2016 3:09 PM
Apr 2013
The CGI really doesn't look too good.
Jan 25, 2016 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
It looks interesting, but I can't deal with that awful CGI.

I'll just check out the manga
Jan 25, 2016 10:04 PM
Feb 2014
Another well done job from Polygon after ars nova, ronja, and sidonia

Underwater is subbing this anime
Jan 26, 2016 1:24 AM

Feb 2014
i like the atmosphere, it's distant, detached, yet very suspenseful and immersive. used nice expositional techniques (class lecture to infodump, quick flashbacks to convey vital character info, etc.), and established core themes and ideas immediately. some forced dialogue and cliches aside, this has potential.

and of course everyone decides to bitch about the cgi instead lol
Jan 26, 2016 2:03 AM
Jan 2016
KamiFansubs are subbing this. First episode CG kinda sucks but second episode is a lot better.
Jan 26, 2016 4:49 AM

May 2012
One of the best 1st ep in this season

And CGI does not bother me at all. It looks fine for me

iamPowPow said:
KamiFansubs are subbing this. First episode CG kinda sucks but second episode is a lot better.

Underwater subs are usually better
Jan 26, 2016 3:30 PM

Jul 2012
It was great. Mamo + Hosoya + Sakupyon + Hirarin. Killer seiyuu combo right there.

I love the CGI and it's super fitting for this series. Reminds me of Sidonia + Nobunaga Concerto because of colour palette and artistic choices (light flare, sunsets, warm colours). The actual story/atmosphere reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul and Zankyou no Terror.

Might watch second episode right now.
Jan 27, 2016 10:09 AM

Oct 2013
The CGI looks great but the framerate is so awful it ruins it, seems silly they can't get it smoother than this. Will give it a few more episodes to see if I'll finish it.
Jan 27, 2016 6:00 PM

Jul 2015
Although the animation is not very smooth, it's surprisingly well done...at some moments I really liked it. The biggest concern I had about this serie was the way the characters would express their emotions, but in the end it turned out to be ok. For now the animation it's not longer a problem.

Now the episode was ok. The main character wasn't very interesting until he discover that is an Ajin, and his role in the plot seems to be very important. His friend will have an important participation as well, maybe his sister too.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Jan 27, 2016 8:13 PM

Nov 2012
This CGI isn't half bad. I can handle this, it's consistent too. Particle effects are pretty good, sound effects are well done, shaders and filters are used well. Pretty good first episode.

My only complaint is that the MC is, confused and confusing. He seems like a really weak protagonist, and at the end of the episode, "I won't let them get me.", he says with a defiant, bad boy tone. Completely contradicts his attitude at the beginning and middle of the show. The start portrays him weak, and all of a sudden he has this courage to say f*ck you? Maybe it's because he has Kai with him, but even then his personality shouldn't shift that much.

I see this as a another Tokyo Ghoul story, executed better imo. The CGI is a matter of preference, and it's actually something to admire. It's new and fresh, different from the norm. This could be one of the big selling points and can be the worst point of the anime.

Episode is a 4/5

Akelov said:
Ajin >>>>> Erased

From episode 1, I'd say the opposite, but not that exaggerated. Both episodes introduced the story pretty well, but I believe Erased fleshed out their characters MUCH better than Ajin. The personalities and backgrounds of the characters of Ajin are pretty much guessed at this point. Kai seems to be the bad boy, Kei the super good boy, his sister the defiant, "your wrong" person. Erased actually gives us some background as well as some character to character interactions, which really deepen the characteristics of each character.
UsaraDarkJan 27, 2016 8:18 PM
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Jan 30, 2016 4:14 PM
Apr 2014
Awesome soundtrack in the beginning(when the soldier gets shot from behind and when he gets captured). Really hope it keeps up.

Nice start. It's really annoying that for some reason this doesn't get subbed as fast as other anime this season.

Only thing that annoys me (for now) is the CGI. Definitely one of the worse this season if not even the worst(from the animation point alone. Choreography itself was fine. Nothing can take last place from Divine Gate for that). Well, the soundtrack definitely compensates for that and hopefully the story stays interesting. If those to points stay true I can tolerate the CGI
NanashiJan 30, 2016 4:17 PM
Jan 30, 2016 11:04 PM

Jun 2014
Strawberrycake48 said:
That CGI is damn awful!!
It sucks all of the atmosphere out of what could've been a really intense and great first episode...I was so excited when this got greenlit, but it just looks like some low budget PC game from the early 2000's!
I appreciate that studios are trying to save money and try new things but imo it just doesn't work.

What a waste! Sigh...I guess I'll go on to the manga instead.

How does it feel to be so TERRIBLY wrong?

The animation and sound design were incredible and a HUGE step upwards from the first few episodes of Sidiona. The walk animations are still a little awkward though.

This was a super intense episode. loved the music too
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 30, 2016 11:19 PM

May 2014
Rebelhero said:
Strawberrycake48 said:
That CGI is damn awful!!
It sucks all of the atmosphere out of what could've been a really intense and great first episode...I was so excited when this got greenlit, but it just looks like some low budget PC game from the early 2000's!
I appreciate that studios are trying to save money and try new things but imo it just doesn't work.

The animation and sound design were incredible and a HUGE step upwards from the first few episodes of Sidiona. The walk animations are still a little awkward though.

It's just not my cup of tea at all...it looks stilted and off to me. There's also not enough shading or detail on the characters- It kinda reminds me of an old video game.

But I'm gonna agree that the music was great!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2016 11:33 PM

Jun 2014
Strawberrycake48 said:
Rebelhero said:

It's just not my cup of tea at all...it looks stilted and off to me. There's also not enough shading or detail on the characters- It kinda reminds me of an old video game.

But I'm gonna agree that the music was great!!

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
I never really minded CGI, Unless it was god awful. Polygon really have a way with sound though, and the facial expressions seem more human to me then 2D.
That music though. ooooooo that music.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 31, 2016 12:25 PM

Jun 2015
this was interesting
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 2, 2016 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
Interesting. First ep was okay.
I'm also getting slight Tokyo Ghoul vibes off of this one.
Feb 2, 2016 2:31 PM
Dec 2015
thepath said:
One of the best 1st ep in this season

And CGI does not bother me at all. It looks fine for me

iamPowPow said:

Underwater subs are usually better

Iv seen underwaters and kamifs versions. KamiFS version is far superior
Feb 3, 2016 5:31 AM

Nov 2010
Yeaaaah, this not for me.
Feb 4, 2016 7:55 AM

Jun 2011
The CGI doesn't bother me much. In fact, I found it to be cool at certain junctures. So yeah, it's not something that can deter me from watching the show. As long as the story manages to keep me interested, I'm going to stick with it.

UsaraDark said:
My only complaint is that the MC is, confused and confusing. He seems like a really weak protagonist, and at the end of the episode, "I won't let them get me.", he says with a defiant, bad boy tone. Completely contradicts his attitude at the beginning and middle of the show. The start portrays him weak, and all of a sudden he has this courage to say f*ck you? Maybe it's because he has Kai with him, but even then his personality shouldn't shift that much.
I don't see that as a 'contradiction' per se. It was a simple case of his defence mechanism kicking in during a fight-or-flight situation. It's not surprising to see someone getting all worked up about outdoing an obvious threat, especially when one's life is on the line. After the initial spell of fear and shock comes a point of an overwhelming determination to survive by hook or crook. This determination to survive lends one with some semblance of courage, even if it's transitory. And I don't think he's as 'weak' as you're asserting. He might comes across as one due to his passive and borderline melancholic demeanour. From what I gathered, he's a laid-back and reserved kind of guy, with a certain degree of detachment from his surroundings and people around him. It doesn't suggest he lacks the minimal mental strength required to defend himself, within the limits of his capacity and means of course, when he suddenly finds himself in a threatening situation.
Feb 5, 2016 4:47 PM

Feb 2013
Polygon Pictures always have really good opening episodes. This was no exception.

Really good chase starting here.
Feb 6, 2016 5:14 AM
May 2008
To be honest I AM more picky with 2D animation than 3D, but I can't say this is horrible.
It sure looks a bit outdated compared to video game graphics, but that's another thing I shouldn't compare it to.

I did not except the CGI at first so I needed to get used to it, but all in all I really think that it isn't out of place at all, I'd even say it fits to the series.
Feb 7, 2016 2:53 AM

Jan 2015
Not a fan of the CGI, but the sound design is good and they are staying true to the story, which gives them a plus. My beef is that the truck accident scene was so anticlimactic - it is the pinnacle of the episode, but the hit was so dull, I couldn't even feel that was a hit.
Len-KFeb 19, 2016 11:06 AM
Feb 15, 2016 4:51 PM

Oct 2013
The CG put me off at first but now that i gave it a go I have to say i'm impressed, not with the CGI though it does look decent at times quite nice looking but everything else about it. Seems like there really following the manga thankfully.

I'm glad they got the vibe of it right and its got really good voice acting and nice choices for VA's, soundtrack is real nice especially the OP and ED. That's some good shit!

This honestly would have suited 2D a hell of a lot more and would have made it even better than it already is.

Def looking forwrd to the rest of the series though......I kinda got put off by it in the manga due the direction it took. Hopefully gets better.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Feb 15, 2016 10:16 PM

Jun 2014
Strawberrycake48 said:
That CGI is damn awful!!

unfortunately this is 100% true
Feb 17, 2016 5:56 PM

May 2015
Actually think the cgi is really well done, the expressions on the characters faces are really realistic, not sure what people's beef is with the cgi. This is really good cgi lol, they used motion capture to do the faces which is why they look so good. The cars move like crap though for some reason, story seems really interesting, like Tokyo ghoul definitely my cup of tea.
Feb 20, 2016 7:06 AM
Jan 2016
I like how the anime is animated like a 3D - ish kinda look coz this is the first time iv'e seen this kind of design and it's very impressive and interesting (and wierd at the same time)
Feb 22, 2016 4:54 PM

Jan 2016
The story looks good, but man that animation fuckin sucks.
smh what a waste of potential.
Feb 27, 2016 6:44 AM

Mar 2011
I really like opening song : )
Show looks okayish to me.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Mar 3, 2016 10:42 AM

Mar 2012
felt like watching an old video game but that is actually good in my opinion. i think it matches well the tone of the story. music is amazing, but i might be biased since i really like flumpool. and background music and sounds are amazing, can't complain of that.

but, my main worry is that i can't get myself to like kei not even a bit. he's just the kind of character i always hate [like kaneki was the reason i hated tokyo ghoul so much], i don't see much similaritiies between those two, anyway, it's just that this kind of too nice good for nothing guy gets on my nerves.
Mar 5, 2016 10:47 AM

Oct 2012
Wow, after what I heard about this series I certainly expected worse. But one only have to accept sometimes weird animation, the story seems good so far, kinda reminds me of Parasyte.

In fact, Polygon improves their CG with their each title. The main problem is still lack of fps which shows on animation fluency (14 is too few for 3D movie). But they set the starting tone well and I think I'm hooked already.
Mar 26, 2016 5:09 PM

Jun 2015
Hmm, the first episode was quite interesting not gonna lie. Im not quite fond of the art style but I think I can get used to it. You can tell they tried really hard making this anime because of its details in art and sound. For example when Kei regenerates and heals himself, the noise the black dust makes is really cool. I like it ^^. It remind me a bit of Tokyo Ghoul. The Ajin and Ghouls are pretty similar.
Mar 29, 2016 9:52 AM

Dec 2012
Interesting art style... sorta like a video game
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2016 5:50 AM

Apr 2015
it felt a bit rushed . . . but i love anime with 3D animation so i'll continue watching.
Apr 14, 2016 4:16 AM
May 2012
How I wish this isn't CG, but oh well. It doesn't look bad.
Awesome opening and nice ending song. So far so good.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2016

259 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

155 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

111 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.