Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 18, 2016 11:11 AM

Apr 2015
well i'm reading the manga so i knew that the first episode would be good and it actually was.
I loved the music in the first episode. I heard so many boring OP and ED in this season, that it's good to hear something interesting.
The only bad thing was the CGI. I prefer the CGI they are using in bubuki buranki
Jan 18, 2016 12:15 PM

Feb 2010
Harrymanhunter said:
Forgetting the awful CG, that was a terrible as fuck episode anyways. It's essential Tokyo Ghoul with EDGY EDGY bs. Cuz edgy automatically means mature! Disgusting. Into the trash can it goes along with most of this season's Anime.

woah, woah. Ajin is not Tokyo Ghoul. Yes, they start similarly and may have similar underlying themes. Like basically everything else but please don't even compare them. This is a lot better than that in my opinion. And lol, how is Tokyo Ghoul not edgy edgy bs...?

Kei is a much more interesting character than on most anime too.
cloud8100Jan 18, 2016 12:20 PM
Jan 18, 2016 12:32 PM

Mar 2011
Okay episode, certainly not great but at least the CGI wasn't atrocious as I expected to be. But, what the fuck is with those subs? Holy shit! 3/5
Jan 18, 2016 1:40 PM

Aug 2012
What's with all the CGI in anime lately?
Jan 18, 2016 1:48 PM

Jun 2015
I loved it! It caught my attention just like Boku dake ga Inai Machi did before so I'm really excited for the second episode.
CGI might not be ideal, but I think it suits the atmosphere, so I don't mind too much. Also I definitely missed Mamoru's voice, even if it wasn't long time since I last heard him.
Jan 18, 2016 5:18 PM

Oct 2011
[quote=G_Spark233]
AnimeFan500 said:
Is he the only Ajin? I wonder if there are others like him?

They stated in this episode that he is the 3rd Ajin discovered in Japan.

I see thanks. The subs weren't very good so I missed that part.
Jan 18, 2016 5:32 PM

Sep 2007
It's going to take me awhile to get used to the CG used on people...makes everyone look similar in my opinion
And....round....like: "c'mon...a head isn't supposed to be THAT perfectly circular at that angle" etc.'' *FACEPALM*
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 18, 2016 7:57 PM

Apr 2014
It feels weird seeing no one with bright pink or green or blue hair; Is this really anime?

I'll probably end up giving this anime 6/10 like I do most anime.
Jan 18, 2016 8:13 PM

Mar 2014
nice :0 wish it was drawn though the manga is really pretty

also nice ep even though I know why the sister hates her brother for a stupid fucking reason.
CommieSalamiJan 18, 2016 8:18 PM
Eat Me
Jan 18, 2016 10:24 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty good start even though the CG is an eyesore, there were some frames better than others of course but the overall result was meh. I’m really really interested in this series though so I will continue for now and hope that the CG gets better before going to read the manga.
Jan 19, 2016 5:46 AM

Dec 2010
...intense first episode
Jan 19, 2016 5:56 AM

Nov 2014
Not bad for a first ep.(Another one who belongs to the did-nothing-wrong-but-became-a-monster squad)
Great soundtrack; esp the op and ed(had been looping both~)
Had been hearing ppl talking about how bad the CGI is... I will be honest; it takes time to get used to since too used to those 2d types but I think I can deal with it- so long as the story is nice:)
Can't wait for the next!
Jan 19, 2016 8:25 AM

Jun 2009
That was great.
I thought the CGI would bother me more, but surprisingly (and thankfully) it didn't. I mean, I think I would've like it better if it wasn't made in this style, but it's not like i hate it, so that's good.
Music was nice too.
The next episode preview, whoa, a lot will happen. Can't wait.
I like pancakes.
Jan 19, 2016 8:37 AM

Jul 2011
that was so intense! i love it so far, i like the atmosphere, the music, and that childhood friend of his is so hawt!
I dont have any problem with the 3DCGI because it could looks awesome for some scenes, like when the ajin appearing or the motorcycle scene near the end of the episode, BUT why is it that mostly the CGI animation looks awkward as hell, they could make a really fluid animation with CG but they choose to cut the framerate to match traditional animation, JUST STUPID
Jan 19, 2016 11:55 AM

Feb 2009
Decent minus the cgi.
Jan 19, 2016 11:57 AM

Jun 2015
The art is terrible, from animation to the CGI style. It looks unfinished.
Really digging the music, though. The OP's my favorite of this season by far.
Good premise as well so at least it's interesting. Looking like one of the better shows of winter.
Jan 19, 2016 1:07 PM

May 2015
I don’t think full CGI was the best choice to do this type of series ... With a decent budget, this could have looked fine with hand-drawing animation.

Anyhow, OP sequence felt cheap. Same goes for the ED (a bit better, but not by much). The songs used were good though.

For now, I will stick to the series. I want to see some parts of the manga animated. Overall, I’m neither impressed nor disappointed with this so far.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jan 19, 2016 1:42 PM

Jan 2011
I thought it was a pretty interesting first episode
Yeah the CGI felt a bit off at times but it was still enjoyable either way
Jan 19, 2016 3:11 PM

Jun 2015
So the CGI makes it look super fluid, but the way the characters look is slightly too realistic for my taste and it makes the VA slightly off. Also the english translations were so poor!

Not liking this very much so far 5/10.
Jan 19, 2016 3:50 PM

Sep 2014
No horrible subs for me. As for this first episode, it seems like an interesting story. The CGI is something to get used to, but fades away quickly. I've never seen the movie so I really don't know what the hell is going on.
Jan 19, 2016 5:05 PM

Aug 2014
While I do not think CGI should be used for anime, this time it didn't bother me so much. It was good actually. The series seems interesting, too bad for the bad subtitles I had to deal with.
Is the movie subbed properly?
LucDiswayJan 20, 2016 2:39 AM
Ruka desu.
Jan 19, 2016 7:09 PM

Dec 2014
Neah, this simply doesn't works for me. This could had been a contestant of Boku dake ga Imai Michi... its a great thriller, but the CGI kills it. I get it, you can use CGI in magical girls show, and in action anime oriented towards 12yo (like Bubuki), but for the God sake, why would you adapt a thriller in CGI? First of all, i don't understand why peoples praise this CGI, is truly shit, it has like 9 frames per second, is to low, the frames are visible... is inferior quality wise to Bubuki, which even I like.

I simply can't see how they could make a decent anime adaptation of this with CGI: how wil they make the expressions of fear, terror of the character? How will they exprim the lack of empathy the MC has?

Is really bad, is like watching American Cartoons.

I am really worried: there are 2 full CGI anime this season, along with one who combines low quality 2d with CGI + another 2 which use CGI for action too. Why the finacial situation of the Anime Industry, I am really worried that in the future they will give up 2D for CGI (like they give up on cell for PC). I don't even want to imagine that Apocatyptic scenario....
Jan 19, 2016 7:17 PM

Jul 2013
I'd like to point out why CG can be considered a positive when compared to 2d animation. It makes the cg characters and environments seem a lot more lifelike as they are constantly moving within each frame. Compared to 2d animation where studios would often have their characters static in one position for a number of frames, this can strengthen a lot of the character's expressions. Although this isn't always the case for every scene, I feel like a lot of people are writing this show off based purely on their bias towards 2d animation. However I understand how people find it a bit jarring because it is very unusual, and cg of this proportion is basically only done by Polygon Pictures from what I can see.

Besides that I agree with what a lot of other people say in that this is overall a great introduction to the series so far. We'll see if we get more development on our two protagonists in next episode; Kai seems especially interesting.

raym00Jan 19, 2016 7:41 PM
Jan 19, 2016 8:10 PM

Sep 2014
cloud8100 said:
Harrymanhunter said:
Forgetting the awful CG, that was a terrible as fuck episode anyways. It's essential Tokyo Ghoul with EDGY EDGY bs. Cuz edgy automatically means mature! Disgusting. Into the trash can it goes along with most of this season's Anime.

woah, woah. Ajin is not Tokyo Ghoul. Yes, they start similarly and may have similar underlying themes. Like basically everything else but please don't even compare them. This is a lot better than that in my opinion. And lol, how is Tokyo Ghoul not edgy edgy bs...?

Derp, my bad. Should've said it's just like Tokyo Ghoul with its edgy bs. TG's garbage too, don't worry. :)

I'll be the judge of that, mate. I haven't read the Manga, so this was my opinion based on the first episode. Now, if they actually DO do something different than TG and turns out to be better; I'll be pleased.
Jan 19, 2016 9:18 PM
Jan 2016
I just watched the 5 part movie and lived it but I can't find the new series ANYWHERE!Could someone point me in the right direction?
Jan 19, 2016 9:48 PM

Jan 2011
otakuultimate said:
I just watched the 5 part movie and lived it but I can't find the new series ANYWHERE!Could someone point me in the right direction?

idk man you can download it or you can stream it
I got it from PirateBay in 720p
or you can stream it anywhere ie HERE
Jan 19, 2016 10:10 PM

Feb 2014
Yeah just watched the movie which will be the first 5 episodes of this - definitely stick around its worth a watch. One of the better shows this season
Jan 20, 2016 2:25 AM

Jun 2015
THE OST MAN. SO GOOD!!
Jan 20, 2016 4:24 AM

Apr 2014
Ajin >>>>> Erased
themanualreader@proton.me
Jan 20, 2016 6:43 AM

Dec 2013
Well since this is Polygon Pictures who is animating this I guess I knew what to expect with the full CGI so it didn't bother me really. But the show looks like it's off to a good start, I never read the manga but I might after watching this.
Jan 20, 2016 7:13 AM
Feb 2015
that anime is good !!
mamo-chan voise tooo !!!!
Jan 20, 2016 10:26 AM

Feb 2010
Harrymanhunter said:
cloud8100 said:

Derp, my bad. Should've said it's just like Tokyo Ghoul with its edgy bs. TG's garbage too, don't worry. :)

I'll be the judge of that, mate. I haven't read the Manga, so this was my opinion based on the first episode. Now, if they actually DO do something different than TG and turns out to be better; I'll be pleased.

K, not trying to force my views or anything, just seen a lot people make assumptions about Ajin based on TG so wanted to throw that previous post out there that they shouldn't be compared. Fine by me how you feel about either one after lol, sorry if it came across the wrong way.
Jan 20, 2016 10:33 AM

Jan 2010
Pretty damn intense. I've always found Polygon's CGI funny, but cute, the only problem is they have really choppy frame rate at times, like they don't have powerful enough hardware to render the thing or something.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Jan 20, 2016 8:40 PM
Jan 2013
The CGI just doesn't fit.
So I read manga and wow this deserve better version.
Like how MC attitude at second half story.
Jan 20, 2016 9:47 PM

Nov 2014
Just a small impression of the first episode.

I think it was good for a first episode, and if they maintain the quality of the first episode, I think that it'll be a good show, depending on where the story will go(haven't read the manga, might as well start reading it).
The writing was good, there were no cheesy dialogues, the emotions portrayed through the actions; I think it was good, it had logic behind, or at least how someone might act in such a situation, but I might need to do a re-watch.

The opening scene, with the firefight, was choreographed quite nicely, and it had a sense of realism. The way they moved, the way the fired and the way the bullets flew.
For example, the when the two kids wanted to move forward a suppressive fire was used, their heads were lowered and they themselves provided a suppressive fire in order to reach the cover and move closer to the Ajin. Then you have the scene in which the kid is scared and runs away, but it's still put in a death scenario, either get killed by the Ajin or by the "mercenaries" or w/e that they were.
Next you have fleeing scene of Kei and the cop locating him and asking for backup which again, adds to realism; the inspections that the police were doing was also good, in other words, securing the perimeter in order to catch Kei.
And lastly, I like how the man that hit Kei reacted, as such actions are rarely seen in anime, or at least from the ones that I have seen, which was a pretty human thing to do, being shocked and possibly traumatized by what has happened.

The background music, I had the impression of being too aggressive and too loud, and I think it'd be good if it were toned down a bit.
Edit; I forgot this, but the sound of the guns were also kinda bad, especially if it's an AK which felt like they were shooting air soft guns.
ourielJan 20, 2016 10:09 PM
Jan 20, 2016 11:13 PM

Jul 2012
Although the anime would probably be more popular and more enjoyable if it wasn't CG, I got a little more used to it as it went on.

First episode was super intense. The relationship he has with his sister was really sad though. I wonder what all happened between them. And Kai is such a bro haha. Looking forward to more of this series.
Jan 21, 2016 12:28 AM
Jul 2015
I loved it! the Animation was weird at first but tbh I actually like the character design and facial expression a hell of a lot more than I do in normal animes as it does feel a bit more realistic to me. From anger, excitement, fear, etc etc.

Excellent start and I am looking forward to epi 2.
Jan 21, 2016 1:22 AM
Mar 2012
pv & comments suggested CG would be terrible. But ep1 I'm really impressed, surpassed my low expectations. The eerie tense & gritty atmosphere, fine facial expressions & motions esp Kei. It feels bit more refined than Sidonia. Backgrounds are all still 2D painted, with nice blurry lines. Bg characters do get weird faces, but at least mains look ok. They don't look appealing but it's more that horror gritty look.
The problem people complaining of low frame rate: in both slow longshot & fast action scenes, there's a mix of animation on 2's & 3's. Long shots mostly have 2+3+2+3... in order, which viewers may find weird. Most 2D shows use 3's on slower scenes, but consistently.
There's no reason why the action is an inconsistent mix of 3 & 2, with no order. Several running shots have mostly 3's and a few 2's, which in 2D drawn is usually all 2's. There's no reason for inconsistent framerate, unless it's to contribute to that eerie feel perhaps.

Awesome OP, sad ED. Subs look fine (probably later vids).
The African war was intense and brought even brought the fearful emotions from a side character, forced to fight despite injury.
Curious how the cop found the tree hideout first, and don't they always go in pairs/groups?
Mintman sounds familiar & quite cool, wonder which group he belongs.
gophercgJan 21, 2016 1:29 AM
Jan 21, 2016 7:51 AM

Sep 2010
So so episode... and on top of that shit CGI...

2.5/5
Jan 21, 2016 9:14 AM

Jun 2015
I've seen the movie does that mean I've seen like 4-5 episodes, because the show is the same as the movie. only with some extra scenes?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 21, 2016 9:15 AM

Jun 2015
and the 3D animation is better in my opinion. my only complain is that it isn't 60 FPS.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 21, 2016 11:16 AM

Jan 2015
MC's friend might be an ajin too?
Subs were shite and not a fan of the CGI but it fits
This is very interesting, I might start reading the manga
Liked the pacing as well
Overall a good episode 4/5
Jan 22, 2016 1:47 AM

Dec 2012
I was scared by the CGI but it was alright. Nice set up, the regeneration of Kei was intense. He can't believe someone except Kaito.
Jan 22, 2016 3:08 PM
May 2013
Great soundtracks, OP. Picked it up because the animation looked interesting. Good plot and characters.

9/10
Jan 22, 2016 3:11 PM

Nov 2011
I'm someone who tolerates CG in anime and would actually like to see more of it, but this one was just bad for me, Kingdom and Ars Nova are pretty good examples of how to do it well, can't even remember what i watched.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 22, 2016 3:11 PM

May 2008
CG looked a bit weird at first, but by the end of the episode I was use to it and thought it was alright. Just seemed like it could have benefited from more fps though. Definitely enjoyed the episode overall and looking forward to the rest of the season. I just hope Ganbarou keeps subbing this.
Jan 23, 2016 9:09 AM

Feb 2010
Well...honestly I expected a lot worse than the train wreck people described it to be.
The animation isn't absolutely horrid and it actually looks quite nice. Granted, it could be better...but I honestly don't mind it too much.
I've watched a few episode of the series RWBY before and this animation seems farrr better off. I watch for the plot anyways.

I will say, though, that I'm usually the kind of person who watches the anime first,
and then I read the manga but I think I might read the manga first for this one lol
Jan 23, 2016 9:56 AM

Apr 2011
Akelov said:
Ajin >>>>> Erased

They're not the same type of anime. Why are you even comparing those two?
Jan 23, 2016 10:07 AM

Apr 2014
DaHitman said:
Akelov said:
Ajin >>>>> Erased

because Ajin is better than Erased
themanualreader@proton.me
Jan 23, 2016 12:53 PM

May 2009
Akelov said:
DaHitman said:

because Ajin is better than Erased

Good joke. This cgishitfest is unwatchable.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2016

259 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

155 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

111 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.