Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 45 46 [47] 48 49 » ... Last »
May 29, 2016 3:48 PM

Aug 2013
Thanks @zombie_pegasus and @Miragee, since there are no problem i'll add them in their intended positions
May 31, 2016 1:59 AM

Jul 2014
Can someone give me some recommendations for anime about food, music or art other than Shokugeki and Shigatsu (seen them)? I already have a few ideas but I'd like to widen my options.
May 31, 2016 2:16 AM

Mar 2013
vikki7783 said:
Can someone give me some recommendations for anime about food, music or art other than Shokugeki and Shigatsu (seen them)? I already have a few ideas but I'd like to widen my options.

Habike Euphonium, Ristorante Paradiso, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, Sakamichi No Apollon, Beck, Nodame Cantabile, Barakamon, Bakumen, Sarusuberi, Bartender, Moyashimon, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

I personally think Rakugo and Sakamichi are the best of those, but they are all decent. Rakugo is the best thing ever made though so...watch that.
May 31, 2016 2:17 AM

Oct 2014
vikki7783 said:
Music:
So Ra No Wo To
Hibike Euphonium
Gravitation
Detroit Metal City
K-On! (obligatory even if it's just above average)
Aki no Kanade
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Love Live!
Show By Rock!!
The iDOLM@STER

Food:
Pan de Peace (currently airing, wouldn't really recommend it, but it fits)

Art:
Girls und Panzer (martial art, technically)
Chuu Bra!! (textiles)
Tamayura (photography)

These might be a bit unfair, but I'll still list them:
Aikatsu (music) - 178 episodes, so it will take a while to finish. Probably better for 3+ cour (it's 14 cour)
Ore-sama Kingdom (art-manga) - I'm currently subbing it and will be finished before the end of the challenge period so if you decide to use it you'll have to wait for me to finish it.
May 31, 2016 3:11 AM

Oct 2009
OneGuy said:
Would someone like to give me a recommendation for the challenge, in the category below? (maybe a historical type)

Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

i recommend this one Ayakashi: Japanese Classic Horror for historical one :P
" Have some adventure while you can, and then start to figure things out"
5 Centimeters per Second

May 31, 2016 3:30 AM

May 2009
OneGuy said:
Would someone like to give me a recommendation for the challenge, in the category below? (maybe a historical type)

Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

I had a hard time figuring out what type of anime you like but I'm going to take a gamble on Peace Maker Kurogane. It's a fun shounen about the shinsengumi and the story is decent.
May 31, 2016 3:55 AM

Mar 2013
OneGuy said:

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin. It's historical and good. Also Millenium Actress.
May 31, 2016 5:10 AM

May 2009
OneGuy said:

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin. It's historical and good. Also Millenium Actress.

Rainbow is amazing but it's very violent and some parts can be disturbing. If you decide to watch it, you should also prepare yourself to cry a few times.
May 31, 2016 8:31 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Nocturnal said:
Can I use Digimon Tamers for the children entry? The human cast is mostly comprised of children but there are so many non-human characters that I am unsure if it fits the bill.

No, it can't be used for that item.
You could use it for non-human, 3-cour, tag that applies/doesn't, studio, director and many others

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 31, 2016 8:45 AM

May 2009
I have a hard time finding an anime that fits this category: "Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship"

Does anyone has a suggestion? I won't watch KareKano and it's the only one I found.
May 31, 2016 9:20 AM

Aug 2015
DeadlyRaven said:
I have a hard time finding an anime that fits this category: "Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship"

Does anyone has a suggestion? I won't watch KareKano and it's the only one I found.

I'll be watching Toradora for that challenge item; hope this helps.
May 31, 2016 9:34 AM

May 2009
Puchkov said:

I watched Toradora (more than once) but thank you anyway. I should've listed what anime I already watched in this category.

So, what I already watched:
Ao Haru Ride
Bokura ga Ita
Chobits
Higashi no Eden (not sure if it counts but anyway)
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Itazura na Kiss
Kimi ni Todoke
Lovely★Complex
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji
Ookami to Koushinryou
Ore Monogatari!!
Plastic Memories
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
Sukitte Ii na yo.
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
May 31, 2016 10:37 AM

Jul 2014
DeadlyRaven said:
Puchkov said:

I watched Toradora (more than once) but thank you anyway. I should've listed what anime I already watched in this category.

So, what I already watched:
Ao Haru Ride
Bokura ga Ita
Chobits
Higashi no Eden (not sure if it counts but anyway)
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Itazura na Kiss
Kimi ni Todoke
Lovely★Complex
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji
Ookami to Koushinryou
Ore Monogatari!!
Plastic Memories
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
Sukitte Ii na yo.
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

This is a really hard one :-)

To some extend Ayashi no Ceres is about romantic relationship (but there are also other themes).
Futari Ecchi is basically about daily life of married couple.
Hal is about romantic relationship, but a bit different.
Hotarubi no Mori e could be used for this, IMO.
May 31, 2016 10:45 AM

May 2009
Puchkov said:

This is a really hard one :-)

To some extend Ayashi no Ceres is about romantic relationship (but there are also other themes).
Futari Ecchi is basically about daily life of married couple.
Hal is about romantic relationship, but a bit different.

Thank you so much, I think I'll go with Hotarubi no Mori e. :D
DeadlyRavenMay 31, 2016 10:48 AM
May 31, 2016 11:12 AM

Feb 2013
Could someone give me some recs for anime that has also been adapted to live action? I have no clue about the world of live action, the only one I know of is yowamushi pedal and I've already watched it.
May 31, 2016 11:19 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
DeadlyRaven said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/26349/Danna_ga_Nani_wo_Itteiru_ka_Wakaranai_Ken

Joygaskiller said:
Could someone give me some recs for anime that has also been adapted to live action? I have no clue about the world of live action, the only one I know of is yowamushi pedal and I've already watched it.

In the form there's a link to a club that has several entries that fits for that item
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=5450

mozgow said:

Not this one since they aren't in a romantic relationship

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 31, 2016 11:21 AM

Feb 2013
SheyCroix said:

Joygaskiller said:

In the form there's a link to a club that has several entries that fits for that item
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=5450

Hoho dumb me, I forgot that thing existed! Thanks!
May 31, 2016 11:28 AM

May 2009
@SheyCroix I completely forgot about this anime! I just watched the first episode and I don't know what to chose anymore... Thank you for your recommendation!
May 31, 2016 12:25 PM

Aug 2014
Does a Visual Novel count as a Video Game?
May 31, 2016 12:28 PM

Mar 2013
SmurfRockRune said:
Does a Visual Novel count as a Video Game?

Yes it does

May 31, 2016 12:31 PM

Jul 2013
do these count as "children as the main cast"?
May 31, 2016 12:48 PM

Sep 2014
Simar said:

I would say yes. It doesn't say that the children have to be human.
May 31, 2016 12:52 PM

May 2009
Miragee said:
Simar said:

I think they really need to be human but I'm not 100% sure.
May 31, 2016 2:46 PM

Jul 2013
Simar said:

another question: are these characters adults? 2 out of 10 are definitely adults but i'm not sure about the other guys...
May 31, 2016 2:47 PM

Aug 2015
Simar said:
Simar said:

another question: are these characters adults? 2 out of 10 are definitely adults but i'm not sure about the other guys...

Every character tagged as ''Main'' should be a children. Also I agree with a previous post that stated that these characters have to be human.
May 31, 2016 2:53 PM

Mar 2013
None of those guys are under 12 or 14 either. They are all university graduates.
May 31, 2016 4:53 PM

Aug 2007
SheyCroix said:
Nocturnal said:
Can I use Digimon Tamers for the children entry? The human cast is mostly comprised of children but there are so many non-human characters that I am unsure if it fits the bill.

No, it can't be used for that item.
You could use it for non-human, 3-cour, tag that applies/doesn't, studio, director and many others

I already have those positions filled, will probably file Digimon Tamers under 'same hair color' as the MC and go with my original choice of High Speed for the children one.
May 31, 2016 5:30 PM
Jul 2018
I need a recommendation for the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" category.
I would prefer something that is available on Crunchyroll and less than 36 episodes. It's not necessary that the anime is on Crunchyroll as long as its something from 1-36 episodes.
May 31, 2016 8:42 PM

Sep 2014
BasedNardo said:
I need a recommendation for the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" category.
I would prefer something that is available on Crunchyroll and less than 36 episodes. It's not necessary that the anime is on Crunchyroll as long as its something from 1-36 episodes.

Since you liked Cowboy Bebop, you might like Samurai Champloo. It is available free on Funimation
May 31, 2016 10:28 PM

Sep 2014
DeadlyRaven said:
Miragee said:

I think they really need to be human but I'm not 100% sure.

Have you seen those characters? They are basically human just with other outside appearance. I think having humaoid children is good enough. I think it would be silly to not let it count because it follows the purpose of the challenge.
Jun 1, 2016 7:05 AM

Sep 2013
Hello! Could anyone recommend me an anime for the anime watching challenge, please? Thanks!
Jun 1, 2016 7:14 AM

Aug 2015
AyaMiu said:
Hello! Could anyone recommend me an anime for the anime watching challenge, please? Thanks!

I'm surprised that you haven't watched Death Note yet; this might be a good chance.
Jun 1, 2016 7:16 AM

Sep 2013
Puchkov said:
AyaMiu said:

I'm surprised that you haven't watched Death Note yet; this might be a good chance.

I decided not to because I felt that reading the manga was enough and that maybe somehow my view of it would shift negatively (possibly) if I watched it. Thank you for the recommendation, though. I'll think it over.

Other recommendations are welcome!
OuahJun 1, 2016 7:28 AM
Jun 1, 2016 7:22 AM
Jul 2018
BasedNardo said:

Ok, thanks. I actually wanted to watch this anime for a long time now.
Jun 1, 2016 7:49 AM

May 2009
@AyaMiu I tried to find you something related to your favorites but you saw most of them. You might like Serial Experiments Lain and because it reminds me (just a little bit) of Baccano! Bungou Stray Dogs
Jun 1, 2016 7:56 AM

Sep 2013
DeadlyRaven said:
@AyaMiu I tried to find you something related to your favorites but you saw most of them. You might like Serial Experiments Lain and because it reminds me (just a little bit) of Baccano! Bungou Stray Dogs

Thank you for the recommendation! Bungou Stray Dogs looks interesting.
Jun 1, 2016 3:45 PM

May 2009
@OneGuy No problem, I hope you'll like Peace Maker Kurogane and good luck with the challenge (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑
Jun 2, 2016 5:17 PM
Jun 2015
Help pls

Jun 2, 2016 6:06 PM

Mar 2013
Nuel14 said:
Help pls

Uchouten Kazoku
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Ima, Soku ni Iru Boku
Jun 2, 2016 8:36 PM

Oct 2014
Hi guys,

I'm going to be one of those people and ask for a recommendation. Maybe throw me a few in case I've seen them. Just no moe stuff, please. P;

Thanks..
Jun 2, 2016 8:47 PM

May 2009
@shuvuuia I saw Seirei no Moribito on your plan to watch and I think you would like it.
DeadlyRavenJun 2, 2016 9:16 PM
Jun 2, 2016 9:06 PM

Oct 2009
shuvuuia said:
Hi guys,

I'm going to be one of those people and ask for a recommendation. Maybe throw me a few in case I've seen them. Just no moe stuff, please. P;

Thanks..

Nobunaga Concerto or
Diamond no Ace
" Have some adventure while you can, and then start to figure things out"
5 Centimeters per Second

Jun 2, 2016 10:01 PM

Jan 2008
Does any of the Pokemon series/movies count for the "Watch a show where the main cast are children."

This may be asking a bit much but, if I can't use Pokemon, can anyone see anything from the "missing titles" part of this list that I can use?

I have an extra rule for my challenge which is to only use shows off that list.
Jun 2, 2016 10:02 PM

Mar 2013
shuvuuia said:
Hi guys,

Thanks..

Uchouten Kazoku
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Ping Pon The animation
Jun 2, 2016 10:03 PM

Mar 2013
Rojo said:
Does any of the Pokemon series/movies count for the "Watch a show where the main cast are children."

This may be asking a bit much but, if I can't use Pokemon, can anyone see anything from the "missing titles" part of this list that I can use?

Nothing off that list works, But pokemon I think does. Ash is 12, yeah? Sure he's been 12 for like..25 years, but I think he's 12.
Jun 2, 2016 10:07 PM

Jan 2008
AudioTsunami said:
Rojo said:

Nothing off that list works, But pokemon I think does. Ash is 12, yeah? Sure he's been 12 for like..25 years, but I think he's 12.

I think he's 10 actually? But I wasn't too sure if it wouldn't count if any of the other main characters were over the age limit, like Brock who is 15 (I think).
Jun 3, 2016 7:45 AM

Oct 2014
@DeadlyRaven @haru-nyaa @AudioTsunami

Thank you guys so much!
Jun 4, 2016 6:14 AM

May 2009
Ryuuzahar said:
Can you help me, please?

Is there something wrong on my entries?

Thanks! (^▽^)

I'm not sure if Majo no Takkyuubin works for "Watch an anime with a main cast mainly of one gender". It seems kind of pointless if the main cast is only one character.

Colorful might not works for this category " Watch an anime with children as the main cast". The characters are very limit for the age.

Nanashi from Stranger: Mukou Hadan is a ronin so he's not exactly a professional in his field.

Hotarubi no Mori e is twice on your challenge. "Watch an award-winning work" and "Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 8.0 or higher"

That's about it, the rest looks perfect. I might be wrong for some stuff so wait a bit for the opinion of other people.
Jun 4, 2016 6:00 PM

Jan 2016
AyaMiu said:

For shounen ai with you could go with:
~ love stage (if you want the story to mostly revolve around the mcs' developments and relationship)
~ No.6 (if you prefer focusing on a good plot and story rather than focusing on relationships)

Both are short and enjoyable. They're my fav from that genre !! (^^)
Jun 4, 2016 8:17 PM

Sep 2013
@Emerson_ouo Thanks for your recommendations! I'm already reading Love Stage so I might not watch it, but No. 6 is on my watching list. I'll work on it soon!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 45 46 [47] 48 49 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 31 minutes ago

8 by joseifan »»
2 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 3 hours ago

19 by joseifan »»
4 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 11 hours ago

19 by Atmogenic »»
4 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 4 hours ago

20 by deg »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 5 hours ago

23 by deg »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.