Forum Settings
Forums

what are the most lame reason you have heard from people for not liking a particular anime?

New
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Jan 7, 2016 6:00 AM

May 2011
"i don't watch cartoons anymore"

"I don't like reading subtitles"
Jan 7, 2016 6:21 AM

Sep 2014
Grudge said:
“Dis animu has shitty art; I don’t watch cartoons with shitty art.”

how is that a lame reason
why would shitty art be excused
Jan 7, 2016 7:24 AM
Mar 2012
Canaan_Maka said:
"The Art is Horrible" - Hey Jane!

But Yeah, I'd say this one has to be it, yeah some art styles can be lame and all but does this really stop you from watching an anime series that you may enjoy or like? Not at all! (My Opinion, Anyhoo)

~ Canaan

Yes - obviously. There are a fair number of series I won't watch because I don't like the art style, others which I might like the story of but the art style not so much.

Anime is a visual medium after all and art style preference is pretty subjective - imo art style plays a big part of creating the tone of the series and if I think that it either conflicts with the story which it is going to try and tell or just don't enjoy it as a style there is no reason for me to watch it.

Though, to be fair, "The art is horrible" can mean any number of things; from the style being not something the viewer likes to the technical quality not being up to snuff, so it's not really a valid excuse unless it's elaborated on.
Jan 7, 2016 2:58 PM

Sep 2013
Imaishi said:
Grudge said:
“Dis animu has shitty art; I don’t watch cartoons with shitty art.”

Why not watch it if the premise sounds interesting enough? It's not like you won't get used to the art style after a few episodes.
Jan 7, 2016 3:14 PM

Mar 2015
delija9091 said:
Imaishi said:

Why not watch it if the premise sounds interesting enough? It's not like you won't get used to the art style after a few episodes.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/5877/Abunai_Sisters:_Koko_&_Mika?_Mika=

there you go.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 7, 2016 11:57 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty sure I heard someone say "I hate it because it's not by Madhouse".
Jan 8, 2016 7:57 AM

Mar 2015
Digital_Fuzion said:
Pretty sure I heard someone say "I hate it because it's not by Madhouse".
how about "it's made by _____ studio, so it's must be suck." i mean, seriously?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 8, 2016 8:19 AM

Jun 2012
Chiibi said:
"The characters are 14. Their problems don't matter."

...........yeah, I bet you didn't think so when YOU were 14. Lol
That's a legit reason if you ask me.

"It's not even on the top 100 popular anime list"
♬♪♫
RateYourMusic
LastFM
♬♪♫
Jan 8, 2016 8:25 AM

Mar 2015
Dangalf said:
Chiibi said:
"The characters are 14. Their problems don't matter."

...........yeah, I bet you didn't think so when YOU were 14. Lol
That's a legit reason if you ask me.
no it's not. what actual problem is how that problem visualized. most of time it's irrational for 14 years old think like that or exagrated. Usagi drop (anime) is good example.
Jan 8, 2016 8:25 AM
Mar 2013
I've never seen anyone make a genuine criticism of Clannad

you just hear "muh deus ex machina" and "muh pointless side character episodes", both of which have been debunked countless times.
Feb 14, 2016 5:17 PM

Jan 2012
Zerryn said:
"I don't like reading subtitles"

This ^

I almost got a friend of mine into anime but they complained that they didn't like having to read subtitles (even though they have them on for other movies that are in English!).

I tried to get them into dubbed anime (even though it's the devil) and they hated that as much as I do...
Feb 14, 2016 6:10 PM

Jan 2016
"Because it's done before 2006"

I just read this somewhere before...
Feb 14, 2016 6:35 PM

Nov 2015
CapitalistGod said:
"Because it's done before 2006"

Same..
A friend of mine won't watch Kino no Tabi because "it looks like it's from the 90s!!eeeeeeeeww!!"..

Otherwise my friend dropped Baccano on its first episode because he apparently doesn't like 'tragic stuff'..
WTF even?
Feb 14, 2016 6:57 PM
Feb 14, 2016 7:07 PM

Nov 2014
mfw Necro

I know someone that drops anime as long as he can't find any "waifu" in it
jesus christ

Feb 14, 2016 8:04 PM

Jul 2009
A: "Recommend me some good anime. What is your fav?"
B: "Code Geass, it's really good series."
A: "Naaaah, I won't ever watch that. I talked with a bunch of crazy fans of that shit on tumblr and they totally grossed me out. I just can't watch anything they like."

That hurt me deeply.
Feb 14, 2016 8:35 PM
Jan 2016
Ill post my own reason for not watching clannad. I cant stand their Ultra-Huge-climaxing eyes. Its like in a constant state of "notice me senpai".

Dont get me wrong I like Good anime, AND according to this site it is good, but i just cannot bear the thought that i'd be in constant state of "like me because im super cute".

Also i refuse to watch fairy tail, naruto, dragonball, one piece. I feel that these shows are in a constant state of "stretch the plotline indefinitely".
Feb 14, 2016 8:42 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
"too much ecchi"

......FOH....

there ain' no such thing
Feb 14, 2016 8:46 PM

Mar 2015
Mamster-P said:
"too much ecchi"

......FOH....

there ain' no such thing
maken ki 2 and rosario vampire 2. there is no problem with ecchi, but when ecchi distracting the main plot, of course i have rights to complain about that.
KumaFeb 14, 2016 8:49 PM
Feb 14, 2016 8:51 PM

Sep 2010
KonaKoffee4 said:
What someone told me about monster: "It's just pretentious shit people pretend to like"

the real question is: did you kill him/her after they said those words and if not do you need help to do it?

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Feb 14, 2016 8:52 PM

Dec 2012
Just go to some popular anime with visible flaws like SAO, Shigatsu, etc.
There will be a bunch
Of course, there are those with valid reasons for hating the show, then there's
"cuz it's not realistic", and "cuz it sucks"
Feb 14, 2016 8:57 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Kuma said:
Mamster-P said:
"too much ecchi"

......FOH....

there ain' no such thing
maken ki 2 and rosario vampire 2. there is no problem with ecchi, but when ecchi distracting the main plot, of course i have rights to complain about that.

no........ no it doesn't

you're getting distracted...... not the show

put it back in your pants until the episode is over
Feb 14, 2016 9:00 PM

Mar 2015
Mamster-P said:
Kuma said:

no........ no it doesn't

except i read both of original source, and i know that anime adaptation is distracted.
Feb 14, 2016 9:07 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Kuma said:
Mamster-P said:

no........ no it doesn't

except i read both of original source, and i know that anime adaptation is distracted.

anything can take away from plot

all ecchi does is give us eyecandy, boners etc, it doesnt slow the show down

its kinda easy to keep up with whats going on in a show despite being aroused by the odd scene.....
Feb 14, 2016 9:12 PM

Jan 2011
One girl gets talked down to by a man, therefore it's sexist.
Feb 14, 2016 9:12 PM

Mar 2015
Mamster-P said:
Kuma said:

its kinda easy to keep up with whats going on in a show despite being aroused by the odd scene.....
i don't said only ecchi can. but it indeed can and valid critism. as for rosario vampire, what's going on is complitely eresed, changed by "odd-scane".
Feb 14, 2016 9:16 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Kuma said:
Mamster-P said:

i don't said only ecchi can. but it indeed can and valid critism. as for rosario vampire, what's going on is complitely eresed, changed by "odd-scane".

i don't read manga or novels, so i wouldn't know but if thats the case, im glad they changed it

keep reading it instead then
Feb 14, 2016 9:25 PM

Jun 2013
"I don't watch josei shows because they're for women and they always have gay undertones in them."

Wait, what?
Feb 14, 2016 9:29 PM

Sep 2015
I read somewhere before that he said he didn't like Paranoia Agent, simply because the opening crept him out.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Feb 14, 2016 9:42 PM

Apr 2015
Ive only seen yu gi oh therefore most of it is
shit
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2016 9:45 PM
Aug 2015
TheGeniusBaka said:
I have always heard it and people will probably will go on saying this-
'it is cliched'

insert every harem/ecchi series the "fan service"
Feb 14, 2016 9:51 PM

Jul 2015
"The fans are annoying, therefore the anime is bad".
"It's too old" is another stupid reason.
Feb 14, 2016 10:30 PM

Jan 2016
here some word i've heard from my friend
''to many bloodshed" but she/he watched those animes till the end
then he/she said "Huh, I knew it animes just for kids, I wasting my time" but during the show i can sense they was scare...
Feb 14, 2016 11:42 PM
Jun 2015
Whatever comes out of JustALEX's mouth.
Feb 14, 2016 11:47 PM

Mar 2015
the MC is a wimp and annoying. (Yuki, Im looking at you XD)
This salad is salty favored
Feb 14, 2016 11:49 PM

Nov 2015
JewellTH said:
Whatever comes out of JustALEX's mouth.

Based Jewell is based. Now for the wait...

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2016 12:06 AM

Dec 2014
The fansbase... Probably...? Which is... true?

"Wielding one's blade out of duty alone is what it means to be a captain. Wielding one's blade out of hatred is nothing more than petty violence. That is not what we would consider battle."
Feb 15, 2016 12:08 AM

Jan 2016
"It's too mainstream", "too many fillers", "its too long"
Feb 15, 2016 8:51 AM

Jun 2015
''I hate steins;gate because It's popular! (and I haven't seen it yet).''
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 15, 2016 8:51 AM

Jun 2015
blueshootingstar said:
"It's too mainstream", "too many fillers", "its too long"

Well Naruto is 100% bullshit. And it's too long, with too many fillers I agree on these.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 15, 2016 9:02 AM

Dec 2015
Lordwen said:
Comic_Sans said:
The yaoi/yuri scenes take place two-three years later
They almost get laid when being 12 and once they are 14 they all turn gay/lesbian. In any case I didn't feel in the need to apply our nowadays' judgement. It was foreshadowed and not really relevant.

I think it made perfect sense in the way the story should have naturally proceeded. Is 'it was foreshadowed' necessarily bad?
I wonder if the production team actually considered that the audience might be uncomfortable with it (assuming a somewhat 'intellectual' target audience given the philosophical undertones) and decided to do it anyway just to umm, open us up a little more; because the Bonobos' society of love makes perfect sense and discarding the idea just because of sexual taboo is shallow.
Feb 15, 2016 9:09 AM

Apr 2015
My friends just say: "This sucks or it's ****"
Feb 15, 2016 9:14 AM

Dec 2015
Retroalwayswins said:
Waifu_Strangler said:
Did you even just read what he said? Because the answer to your question is too obvious.

What TAS said is a perfectly fine reason to not like a sports anime, if he doesn't feel any tension it can get boring.

-Retroalwayswins
I don't know about anime but watching a match play out is about as tense as it gets IRL unless we're talking terrorist attacks and stuff (which, if tension is what you're looking for, will rarely be broadcasted interesting enough for you).
If only things as dark as death threats can get you excited, how boring do you find life in general?
Feb 15, 2016 9:18 AM

Dec 2015
LordPerucho said:

"Gintama is just full of shit jokes, only japs could understand".

I don't know about shit jokes because I've never seen the series bu cultural disconnect seems like it should be valid although the intended audience is Japanese so it's my own fault I'm not.
Feb 15, 2016 9:21 AM

Apr 2013
"Pretentious trash"
"It looks too old"
"The fanbase sucks"

Ahhh... Is this the blood... The blood of the Dark Soul?
Feb 15, 2016 9:27 AM

Jan 2016
"not enough sexy characters"

sure. avoid a perfect anime with stellar story telling because there wasn't enough oppai. nice.
Feb 15, 2016 9:28 AM

May 2013
"Because it is popular" is a common one I cringe at >.<
Feb 15, 2016 9:29 AM
Sep 2015
"I don't like the characters" Said a guy who only watched 5 minutes of a show then dropped it.
Feb 15, 2016 9:31 AM
Dec 2014
"it's so over-rated lol i dont get why everyone is hyped about it"
Feb 15, 2016 9:38 AM

Jul 2015
The heroine is shit .

Or

Best girl didn't win .

Source - me
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

» It's good that sometimes you don't need to gatekeep a series when it does by itself

Damnits - 33 minutes ago

4 by Damnits »»
47 seconds ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 )

Cammell - May 8

95 by Driz »»
21 minutes ago

» 1 trick pony, but it's actually peak!

APolygons2 - 5 hours ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
28 minutes ago

» favorite anime under 50 episodes?

RedTea33 - 8 hours ago

20 by IKKIsama »»
38 minutes ago

» How much time do you spend discussing anime?

RobertBobert - May 6

26 by Epiccgaymer »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.